Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Phase Space

• Start Topic

This show, this show. I hate it, then love it then hate it, then love it.  I hate it when it goes overboard with the carnage and slaughter, but love it during the quieter moments like tonight when William was talking to his daughter and Maeve found her daughter. 

But it still remains a convoluted hot mess, with timelines all out of sequence and plots that so far are clear only in the writers own heads. So many small mysterious things happen and no answers are supplied, so I do think the final episode of this season will be like LOST: many riddles and no explanations. 

I just wish that the writers had more character development in stronger story lines because tonight's episode was a teaser or a throwback to a similar feeling of last season. 

• Love 20
Just now, RandomWatcher said:

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, Ford uploaded his mind to the Cradle?

Seems like it, I'm assuming that's what he had Bernard deliver. Fucking with Delos from beyond the grave.

• Love 7

I knew William was going to ditch his kid.

I'm happy Maeve found her daughter but said weeks ago she would have a new mom.

Happy to see Ford again.

Teddy was a bit better this week but still he is following Dolores around. I want him to really go on his own but well he does die again so.

Hector and Felix continue to be fun characters to watch and have around.

• Love 5
(edited)

Visual clue!  Opening scene with Dolores and Bernarnold was shot in a a wider aspect ratio than 16x9 -- black bars at the top and bottom of my TV.  A previous scene with those two in an earlier episode had that also, and it might have been in other Bernard scenes as well.  The final scene with Bernard meeting up with Ford in the CRA-DL  was also in the higher aspect ratio.  I'm guessing that any scenes shot like that are occurring in Virtual Reality, and goddammit I'm going to have to go back and watch the previous episodes again.

Another week with white text on white background subtitles.  Ugh.  Even though it made their story rather pointless, I'm glad most of the Japanese contingent didn't go with Maeve's group so we won't have to read more subtitles.  Also, where did they get their change of clothes?  Maeve and the 3 humans were all in Japanese garb, and didn't look to be carrying suitcases.

Maeve's daughter has a new mommy now, who could have predicted that other then the entirety of the internet.

During her first conversation with New and Improved Teddy, Dolores had an "I immediately regret this decision" look on her face.  Hah!  I still say the real reason she had him altered was he was lousy in bed.

Elsie is still my favorite.  Loved Bernard's compliment about her being able to fix things by sheer force of will.  While they were wandering around the Mesa, were they in contact with any of the other people who were with Charlotte / Ashley / Delos?  I honestly thought they kept missing each other.

I liked MIB / his daughter, though it was a bit callous to leave her on her own with all the murderbots roaming around.

Edited by mac123x
clarity
  • Love 11
(edited)

There isn’t one element pulling me further into this story...

Charlotte continues to be the most obnoxious character in the show. A little nuance would go along way. 

Dolores is boring and cruel. The writers have managed to eliminate any possible sympathy that had for her, similar to what Lost did with Jack Shepard.

8 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Visual clue!  Opening scene with Dolores and Bernarnold was shot in a a wider aspect ratio than 16x9 -- black bars at the top and bottom of my TV.  A previous scene with those two in an earlier episode had that also, and it might have been in other Bernard scenes as well.  The final scene with Bernard in the CRA-DL  was also in the higher aspect ratio.  I'm guessing that any scenes shot like that are occurring in Virtual Reality, and goddammit I'm going to have to go back and watch the previous episodes again.

Thanks for this comment. I have seen other mentions about the change in aspect ratio of some scenes but never pulled it together. There are two scenes of Bernard wearing all black and Dolores in her farm dress (last week and this week, I think). Those seemed “different” to me. I will need to go back and watch the scenes in the CRA-DL.

Also, Ghost Nation’s leader - Akecheta - was trying to help Maeve? 

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 5
(edited)

If nothing else, it's nice to see that James Marsden really can act and isn't just a pretty butt. 

So wait, Anthony Hopkins is back?

Edited by Xantar
  • Love 11
Just now, Ellaria Sand said:

There are two scenes of Bernard wearing all black and Dolores in her farm dress (last week and this week, I think).

First one was the opening scene in episode 1, which was so vague and ambiguous that I couldn't place where it was in the time line.  At the time it seemed like a 35+ years ago scene between Dolores and Arnold, but now I'm guessing it's a contemporary scene between Dolores and.... who the fuck knows.  Her comment tonight about checking fidelity think that she (or Ford speaking through her) is doing to Arnold what William/MIB attempted with James Delos.  But instead of uploading him to a new host body and trying to get things to work, they're fine-tuning his program in VR so that he doesn't have the degradation problems that James suffered from.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, mac123x said:

First one was the opening scene in episode 1, which was so vague and ambiguous that I couldn't place where it was in the time line.  At the time it seemed like a 35+ years ago scene between Dolores and Arnold, but now I'm guessing it's a contemporary scene between Dolores and.... who the fuck knows.  Her comment tonight about checking fidelity think that she (or Ford speaking through her) is doing to Arnold what William/MIB attempted with James Delos.  But instead of uploading him to a new host body and trying to get things to work, they're fine-tuning his program in VR so that he doesn't have the degradation problems that James suffered from.

Thanks. So the first scene was from Episode #1. Why did I think it was last week?

I try to distinguish from the various Bernards - or Arnold - based on what they are wearing. Those have to be visual clues as well.

Rewatching now - Bernard on the train and in Sweetwater is also in the different aspect ratio.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

Ford's theme gets me every time. I love it so much. I too nearly fell off the bed fist pumping at Ford's appearance.

I couldn't decide if Sylvester's look as Sizemore 'betrayed' the group by calling for help was his being glad he wasn't the one pulling a dick move or if he was disgusted by Lee's dick move or if he couldn't decide if it was a dick move. 

Lovely talk between Emily and MiB. Ed Harris killed in that scene. Loved his 'Oh, God' look when Emily talked of enjoying the pleasure palace at The Raj. Interesting that she frequented the parks along with her mother but specifically hated Westworld.

Charlotte can become a casualty of the Roboapocaypse anytime now. 

Stubbs was getting crapped on by everyone but he wasn't in the Mesa when it got breached again so that shit ain't on him! 

Good grief, Maeve, you really didn't think they'd give your child a new mother? That you could find her and take her away from her home? How convenient that it looked like Mom2.0 got got per the narrative so Maeve can take her.  I'd have liked if they flipped it to a single dad that could fight and he becomes a new tagalong. Ghost Nation was obviously deviating as it tried to recruit/help Maeve. I thought MiB's story was going to merge with hers with the way they were cross cutting. Nice tease.

Why exactly was there no time to adjust your pain tolerance, Bernard? I mean it's just a quick accessing of your mind and touchpad sliding it down, right?

Oh, Dolores. You know you did Teddy wrong and you already regret your decision. And he's aware of you changing him and obviously quite bitter. You no doubt created the monster that will be your undoing. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

So many small mysterious things happen and no answers are supplied,

Did you notice that Maeve's group is still carrying around the MacGuffin?

1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Also, where did they get their change of clothes?  Maeve and the 3 humans were all in Japanese garb, and didn't look to be carrying suitcases.

Presumably wandering around the underground corridors they found a closet.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Why didn’t Maeve use her Jedi mind control on the Ghost Tribe?

Beautiful Greyhound.

Presumably she panicked because of her PTSD from the remembered attack or she wasn't sure it would work after the incident at the river. 

Loved the scene between the MIB and his daughter (though she probably should have known better than to believe him). It was interesting to hear about the contrast between his normal persona and his WW persona. 

Poor Teddy. At least he knows what has been done to him, I suppose. 

Loved how Hector let Maeve do her thing. He seems to have a healthy respect for women. I have a feeling Maeve is going to feel some real disappointment with regard to her daughter, but we shall see. 

Still cracking up at the line about Stubbs's next performance review. I thought it was interesting that they still didn't consider the hosts when nailing poor Abernathy down. They could have at least reduced his pain tolerance. Someone is gonna pay for that when Delores sees it.

I saw Ford immediately in the background and may have squeed.

I thought I was interesting that we saw more bot in Bernard this week. Between being commanded by Delores and hooked up to the machine, it was a little jarring.

Also, I thought I saw the guest that we have seen a few times in that scene, if anyone is keeping track. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn the woman who was on the I'll advised quest where the host broke down and whose husband shot Hector before his big speech appeared. If so, the simulation includes more than hosts. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Maeve's daughter has a new mommy now, who could have predicted that other then the entirety of the internet.

I was hoping it would turn out that the new mommy was another copy of Maeve. That would've packed more of a punch than rando other host.

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Why didn’t Maeve use her Jedi mind control on the Ghost Tribe?

She found out a few weeks back that her verbal powers didn't work on them, yes? I would guess that her WiFi powers don't work either.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dev F said:

She found out a few weeks back that her verbal powers didn't work on them, yes?

But right after that they went into ShogunWorld and Sizemore surmised that with the park broken she'd have to give the commands in the native language of the host.  At the first appearance of the Ghost Nation only Hector was speaking Lakota, but this time Maeve was speaking it, too.  She should have at least tried the Jedi mind control on them, but presumably she was too panicked.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Quilt Fairy said:

But right after that they went into ShogunWorld and Sizemore surmised that with the park broken she'd have to give the commands in the native language of the host.  At the first appearance of the Ghost Nation only Hector was speaking Lakota, but this time Maeve was speaking it, too.

Ah, good point! I hadn't put those two things together.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Charlotte continues to be the most obnoxious character in the show. A little nuance would go along way. 

Good Lord, yes.

I'm confused. Delores is now aghast at cruelty against humans after she mindfucked Teddy? Emily is now an expert shot after fumbling with guns at the Raj? At this point, I'm just watching out of habit and hoping the storytelling gets better in season 3.

• Love 7

Haha. I thought Emily was fumbling because she was confused and scared out of her mind when that went down. And it was a big ass shotgun with big ass shells. 

Dolores didn't seem squeamish to me. Just surprised. She certainly didn't seem squeamish about leaving that technician on the south bound train to command center. She is gonna be even more pissed off when she sees her daddy. Someone here said that they bet that Dolores was in charge of those sessions we have seen with Bernard. Bravo!

Loved the ending to the Shogun story and I am already in love with our new ninja cowgirl.

Yes, it makes sense that Maeve's little girl would have a mommy now, but Maeve probably wasn't thinking entirely logically about all of this. That's my handwaving of it. I think it would have been better to show she was prepared for that. She knows how the park works now.

Great scene with MiB and Emily. I imagine everyone watching knew that he would leave her behind. However, Ed Harris damn near had me fooled. Then I thought, "nah".

Not sure I like the new Teddy. However, I don't know that he is bitter with Dolores. I think he is just now built bitter, if that makes sense.

Welcome back Ford!

• Love 11

I am fairly certain the Ghost Nation are working for Ford. Meaning, I don't think Maeve can control them. Although I didn't think about the language thing, so that is still a possibility.

• Love 7

I liked the opening sequence where Dolores was doing for Arnold what William did for his father-in-law.  And it kind of seems like to prevent Arnold from breaking down like all the versions of Delos did, Ford's solution was to turn him into Bernard.

• Love 6

I really felt for Maeve here, and her finding her daughter again, followed by her realizing that her daughter has a new "mom" was really sad and affecting, but...come on Maeve, you had to have at least guessed at this. You already saw that your whole story and persona exists in multiple parts through multiple hosts, it didnt occur to you that your old narrative was being redone as well? Of course, its fully possible that Maeve figured that out, on some level, already, and she was just doing this to have something to reach for. 

I appreciate Fords commitment to screwing with people from beyond the grave. And I am so happy to see Sir Anthony back again. His theme music made me so excited when I realized he was showing up. 

Just when William shows some kind of human side, he ditches Emily in killer robot land. Granted, he probably did it so his daughter would avoid danger, but still, not cool, Dad in Black. I did laugh at his grossed out expression when Emily mentioned stopping by a "pleasure palace".  

I need a freaking flow chart to keep up with all the timelines and such. 

I definitely think Deloris is having second thoughts about her lobotomizing Teddy. Poor Teddy knows what she did to him, but cant change it, so now he is stuck with this new personality and a girlfriend who mucks with his brain when he annoys her. Although, I do like snarky, bitter Teddy. "I never thought I'd ever want to leave this place. But, I suppose you fixed that too." Oh snap!

• Love 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Also, Ghost Nation’s leader - Akecheta - was trying to help Maeve? 

Yes, that’s the vibe I got when he said they should be on the same path. I rewound back a minute to see that when the Ghosties ride in, they don’t actually grab the Mom or do anything outwardly violent. I think they just came to meet up with Maeve and convince her to follow them. But she freaked and they looked a bit intimidating  

Also, didn’t we see in her flash back that it wasn’t actually the Ghost nation that killed her off in that pararie narrative—it was MIB. 

Edited by BrooklynRat
  • Love 12

I had a feeling this wasn't the last of Ford!  So, he's somehow uploaded himself into this Cradle thing?  I can only imagine what else he has planned.  But I'm all for more Anthony Hopkins, especially if he gets to play off of Jeffery Wright again.  Plus, the more he's here, the less he's likely to use that time appearing in crappy movies (the recent Transformers film, Sir Anthony?!  Come on, man!!)

So, it seems like the visit to Shogunworld was only a detour, since Akane and Musashi are both staying behind for reasons, and they only really gained Hanaryo/Archer lady. Then again, it is always possible they'll come back later.

I had a feeling William was going to end up leaving his daughter behind (again), but damn, if Ed Harris didn't make me believe that somewhere in there, he really wanted to go back with her, but he's just too broken and driven now to turn back.

I wonder what the deal with the Ghost Nation is?  And I still want more Zahn McClarnon, dammit!

Was that a brief "Oh, did I go too far here?" look from Dolores after Teddy shot that guy?  And I can only imagine what her reaction will be if/when she finds out what Hale and her lot did to poor Abernathy.

I wonder if Maeve is going to use her new-found powers to just make the girl believe she is her daughter again.  Or is that even possible? 

• Love 9
(edited)
36 minutes ago, themadman said:

I just can't keep track of what's going on, and it's altogether too boring for me. Perhaps I'll attempt a binge-watch when the entire season is over. 

I totally agree 100%. I am totally lost within the timelines and have no idea WHY any of it is even going on. It is supposed to be a mystery that will unfold with some huge surprise ending in the last episode? 

Why is that considered good writing? If I have no idea what is even going on as the episodes unfold, how can I even enjoy the season? A viewer is supposed to understand the plot. A viewer is supposed to follow along with the writers, not be playing some absurd guessing game. I do not understand why the writers think keeping secrets makes the series better. it makes it a convoluted mess. 

In tonight's episode, where was Teddy in this timeline? Who was Maeve's daughter's mother? Where was the half train that split going to? 

And also... why so much carnage and killing in every episode? In a country that now is trying to make a statement about gun control, this series uses guns like toys and people (or hosts) are killed over and over and over (in other gruesome ways) in every episode and it is all handled for so many episodes like it is all meaningless. And to see Dolores wearing those bullets like it is a costume is sickening to me. She fights back saying: two wrongs make a right? 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 12

This week on "Take This Brain and Shove It": Last season we discovered that the voice in Dolores's head went from being Arnold/Bernard to being herself. And now she's the voice in his head. Can two robots lead each other to sentience?

Albeit i think Dolores got a big dose of Ford too. Unlike Maeve, who wants to awaken other robots and insists on their free will, even if it's the freedom to remain unawakened, Dolores feels free to mess with other's programming. Albeit she seems a little taken aback at the results of tinkering with her boyfriend. Interesting that he is capable of knowing that she changed him and resenting it while still acting on his new settings.

Japanese Happyland looks like a travel poster rendered into 3D. Koi pond, shinto shrine, meditation garden-- look up and Fuji fills the horizon.

I expected Maeve to have been replaced in Laura Ingels Wilder country, but i didn't expect someone who looked so much like her. "There are many copies..." Except she's not an exact copy so it seems strange to do the hair and such the same.

I suspected that Dolores might crash the train into headquarters. But splitting the train was a clever strategy. The locomotive enters the tunnel under power and does the damage, then the other cars follow a couple minutes later, coasting. Dolores and her crew jump off at the last second. Then they enter while the humans are still stunned.

When Bernard got off the train in cyberspace, at first i thought he was getting a Teddy eye view of the town. But as soon as i saw the dog, i knew it would be something different. And as soon as a saw there was someone at the piano, i knew it would be Ford. He said "Hello, old friend", but was he addressing Bernard or Arnold?

• Love 9

Over MiB and his bs, he can die anytime.

Over Dolores and her bs, she can die anytime.

Maeve was interesting until I realised she was ^shocked^ to see her daughter had a new mommy - really? What a disappointment that whole scene was. I like her crew though, so there's that.

Hale and her treatment of Abernathy was almost Austin Powers-esque in its transparency; shooting bolts through him and leaving him writhing in pain/screaming - ^eyeroll^, that is an obvious plot point just waiting to happen - 'oooh what will happen when Dolores finds her daddy like that?' - predictable, bore off.

And the new 'badass' sec team that dissed Stubbs? Yeah, they're marked for death - again, obvious. As soon as we're told instead of shown how they're gonna sort it all out - red flag for 'yep, that's never gonna happen'. Yawn.

The only storyline that really has my interest is Elsie/Bernard. The moment Elsie told Bernard that it was like the Cradle was 'responding to the hacks' and she could 'see the messages but not the messenger' I bloody knew Ford had uploaded himself; so his reveal was expected but interesting nevertheless. Soon as the bar came into view, the only thing I was wondering was whether he'd be playing the piano or acting as the bartender or something else.

• Love 11

There were a few touching moments for me. MIB and his daughter having the conversation was one that I liked. I wasn’t surprised when she awoke and he had flown the coop. How do you break down camp, saddle up and ride away so quietly that you don’t even wake someone sleeping on the ground? 

I also like Maeve’s sweet good bye to her counterpart in Shogun World.  

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

But right after that they went into ShogunWorld and Sizemore surmised that with the park broken she'd have to give the commands in the native language of the host.  At the first appearance of the Ghost Nation only Hector was speaking Lakota, but this time Maeve was speaking it, too.  She should have at least tried the Jedi mind control on them, but presumably she was too panicked.

I agree. I think it was panic. The only time we see Maeve lose her cool is when she is confronted by members of Ghost Nation. The residual bad memories from her life before paralyze her. It would have been worse in this context, next to her daughter in the location that the memories occurred. 

• Love 5

I liked the episode. Loved the ending with Ford. 

Was really intrigued by the conversation with MIB and Emily. It felt very real. Her apologizing for blaming him for her mom's suicide felt real. Don't know from personal experience, but it feels realistic that she tried to find someone to blame for the suicide before eventually coming to realize that it was her mother's decision. Also I think we got an idea of what William was like with his family. As she said, she idolized him as a child but sees the real him now. His not remembering that it was his wife not Emily that was afraid of the elephants seems like something that happened a bit. He makes a minimum effort to remember that one of them is afraid of the elephants but not enough to remember who it was. Wouldn't be surprised if this was something that happened quite a bit where it looks like he is making a minimum effort. HIs misremembering things like the elephant probably happened quite a bit with the wife and while the first couple of times it could be kind of endearing but after a while it would become obvious that he is just going through the act of caring. And considering that his wife knew him before and after his initial trip to Westworld she probably saw a difference. 

• Love 11

It was obvious from episode one that Ford had uploaded himself to somewhere, but it wasn't clear where until now.

William is getting old. People tend to misremember things in their late 40s onward and it looks like the character is in his mid to late 60s.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

This show, this show. I hate it, then love it then hate it, then love it.  I hate it when it goes overboard with the carnage and slaughter, but love it during the quieter moments like tonight when William was talking to his daughter and Maeve found her daughter. 

But it still remains a convoluted hot mess, with timelines all out of sequence and plots that so far are clear only in the writers own heads. So many small mysterious things happen and no answers are supplied, so I do think the final episode of this season will be like LOST: many riddles and no explanations. 

I just wish that the writers had more character development in stronger story lines because tonight's episode was a teaser or a throwback to a similar feeling of last season. 

I’m not sure what was mysterious. This ep was straightforward and clear. In various scenarios, we saw one character find the daughter she pined for only to stumble upon a part of the park that was still operating as normal (complete with replacement mom!), we saw the Samauri World characters make their choice to stay “home” vs. escape the park, we saw Delores continue on her path to forcibly depart the park (after making Teddy tougher and having a few doubts about what she did, the result or both) and we saw what I think most of us already assumed was happening, that Ford is the ghost in the system (hence he was good with his physical body dying). And we saw yet another example of asshole humans with the Delta Force, because in this show, all humans are assholes (none of them helped Mauve) while robots are heroic (Bernard chopped his head open to find an answer).

Pretty much same old same old. 

I can’t temember... did William say to his robot FIL that his daughter had died? If so, then that HAS to be a host, right? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I wonder what the deal with the Ghost Nation is?  And I still want more Zahn McClarnon, dammit!...

...I wonder if Maeve is going to use her new-found powers to just make the girl believe she is her daughter again.  Or is that even possible? 

I want more of Zahn, too, and I think that we will get it.

I am intrigued by Ghost Nation's purpose. Yes, they seem to be acting as an internal security force and protecting humans, whenever possible. However, Akecheta spoke to directly to Maeve - something about them being on the same path - and that may imply that it isn't just humans that he is protecting. If Ford is still pulling the strings, perhaps he has a greater purpose in mind for Maeve. She found her daughter - now what?

• Love 5
(edited)

Akane cut out Sakura's heart - does that mean that all bots have hearts or is that only for Samurai world?

I loved the Sakura's homeland.  It was a really gorgeous setting.

I'm glad to see Armistice's doppelbot (Hanaryo?) join Maeve's gang.  I was hoping more folks from samurai world would join the group and have them resolve the language glitch.

Hope we see more of Grace, it was funny seeing MIB's discomfort when she told him she took advantage of the Raj pleasure palaces.  Also loved the description of MIB's "suicide by robot" quest.  At least MIB left some protection when he abandoned her.

I'm starting to get an Professor X/Magneto vibe with the Maeve and Dolores storylines.

When Teddy gave the tech on the train a gun to kill himself, did anyone else think that he should try save himself by breaking a window with the gun and jump off?

It was a nice touch to have the Greyhound lead Bernard to Ford.

Edited by grawlix
MIB's daughter is named Grace
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Dolores likes the new Teddy, the new one who isn't blindly doing her bidding with adoring eyes.  Serves her right for playing God. 

The opening scene seemed to me to be an early version of an Arnold bot from years ago, one that Ford may have built to fill the void after the real Arnold died, but Dolores being sentient is confusing. I don't see why today's Dolores would be messing with Bernard's programming at this point or trying to make him more like Arnold, but who knows what her plans are. Maybe it has something to do with why current Bernard is having memory issues. 

Visual clue-- black shirt is Arnold or robot Arnold and white shirt is Bernard?  

Ghost Nation guy said to Maeve that they were on the same path. Dolores said Ghost Nation didn't deserve the path to glory (or something like that).  I wonder if Dolores and Maeve will end up on opposite sides in a robot war.  I know who I'm rooting for.   

Aww, I miss Musashi and Akane already.  The set at the lake was breathtakingly beautiful.

13 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Did you notice that Maeve's group is still carrying around the MacGuffin?

What are they carrying?  I forget. 

Ditto sad about little girl's new mommy. (Did Maeve ever tell us her daughter's name?). Yay for the return of Hopkins. And great work as usual by Harris.  This episode touched upon just about every storyline and probably had more of the cast in it than any other. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

How do you break down camp, saddle up and ride away so quietly that you don’t even wake someone sleeping on the ground? 

I didn’t find that very plausible.

What do all the Delos security army people do when they aren’t attempting to put down robot uprisings?

• Love 3

Why does Delos keep such a large, highly trained security force? They must be very expensive -- it doesn't  make business sense.

And I'm ok with with all the mystery -- it's the nature of the show-- but there are some matters that seem needlessly unclear. Like, are any guests (other than William's daughter) still alive? The guests number among them many wealthy, powerful people -- does Delos have any plan on how to deal with the fallout when the outside world finds out what happened? Retrieving Dolores's father is important for some as yet unexplained reason, but shouldn't park management also be worrying about their personal future -- that is, the likelihood of financial liability, not to mention prison?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, clack said:

Retrieving Dolores's father is important for some as yet unexplained reason,

He had all the code uploaded into his head so if the whole park goes up in flames at least they've saved their intellectual property. That's why Charlotte was trying to smuggle him out earlier, just in case Ford wiped out all the IP in a hissy fit.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, clack said:

Why does Delos keep such a large, highly trained security force? They must be very expensive -- it doesn't  make business sense.

And I'm ok with with all the mystery -- it's the nature of the show-- but there are some matters that seem needlessly unclear. Like, are any guests (other than William's daughter) still alive? The guests number among them many wealthy, powerful people -- does Delos have any plan on how to deal with the fallout when the outside world finds out what happened? Retrieving Dolores's father is important for some as yet unexplained reason, but shouldn't park management also be worrying about their personal future -- that is, the likelihood of financial liability, not to mention prison?

We saw their security force go in and retrieve broken hosts. Presumably, that is a function of the team. More likely, they have a large security force to prevent someone stealing their IP from the outside. The temptation for corporate espionage would be high and the IP is presumably worth a fortune. They would also be necessary to serve as a police force if there was a problem with the guests (e.g., a guest is refusing to leave, a guest is endangering a fellow guest, etc.). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ghost Nation guy said to Maeve that they were on the same path. Dolores said Ghost Nation didn't deserve the path to glory (or something like that).  I wonder if Dolores and Maeve will end up on opposite sides in a robot war.  I know who I'm rooting for.  

Ditto sad about little girl's new mommy. (Did Maeve ever tell us her daughter's name?). Yay for the return of Hopkins. And great work as usual by Harris.  This episode touched upon just about every storyline and probably had more of the cast in it than any other. 

I think Maeve said that the Ghost Nation path led to Hell. Yeah, I can't see those two buddying up right now, but the plot seems to be moving in that direction farther along.

IMDB only lists her as Maeve's Daughter for now. It's funny that her name has never been mentioned. I wonder if Maeve's initial coding even had a name for her; it wasn't like that storyline was all that complex being set out away from everyone else. The poor little thing seemed just to be there to be killed.

15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He had all the code uploaded into his head so if the whole park goes up in flames at least they've saved their intellectual property. That's why Charlotte was trying to smuggle him out earlier, just in case Ford wiped out all the IP in a hissy fit.

I think Abernathy is more than a backup of the general park data. I think he's carrying a copy of whatever the hell Ford is up to.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Visual clue-- black shirt is Arnold or robot Arnold and white shirt is Bernard? 

I try to use his clothing as visual clues but I think it comes down to more than just the shirts...but its a guess. Bernard at the massacre and later with Charlotte in the barn was wearing a black shirt. The Bernard that is in the Cradle with Elsie has a white shirt. Bernard at the beach without glasses is also wearing a white shirt. The Bernard that took the red pearl was wearing a dark blue shirt.

Maybe dark shirts = sinister Bernarnold while white shirts = confused Bernard. The more that I think about it, the more confused I get.

1 hour ago, clack said:

...does Delos have any plan on how to deal with the fallout when the outside world finds out what happened? 

I keep waiting for this moment. It’s not a big deal in the current context of the show but if/when we see the outside world, an explanation will need to be put forward. Hundreds of people died. With all of Delos’ influence, I’m sure that it could be explained away as some sort of physical disaster in the park. An uprising of sentinent, murderous robots will probably not be the choice.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

I keep waiting for this moment. It’s not a big deal in the current context of the show but if/when we see the outside world, an explanation will need to be put forward. Hundreds of people died. With all of Delos’ influence, I’m sure that it could be explained away as some sort of physical disaster in the park. An uprising of sentinent, murderous robots will probably not be the choice.

Which means that Delos executives -- some of whom presumably lost friends and family themselves in the Ford retirement massacre -- will have to kill all surviving witnesses, including park staff. Shouldn't the staff begin to realize this?