Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: What Da Fuskie?

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, Sage47 said:

Agree on this and I’ve never liked Craig much at all from the very beginning. Too lazy, entitled, tries too hard to pretend he’s rich and belongs in that high-brow crowd. A wanna-be guy. And a total slob too, bleh.

And there's his bored-out-of-his-mind, nasal, monotone speaking voice, which too many "kids" have these days. What Da Fuskie, indeed! 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

And there's his bored-out-of-his-mind, nasal, monotone speaking voice, which too many "kids" have these days. What Da Fuskie, indeed! 

Yes!! One of the main things that has always bugged me beyond belief about Craig is his nasal monotone. He has no life or energy to him. I honestly wonder how they even cast him? If you look back you see how annoyed Cameran and Shep have always been by him. It isn’t just Naomie. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Now there's something you don't hear very often!

We have dentists in Appalachia. Unfortunately, poor people there (and everywhere in this counrty) usually can’t afford the dental work they desperately need. 

• Love 7
On 5/25/2018 at 11:38 PM, ProudMary said:

I've got to stand up for Hilton Head here.  There are over 250 restaurants on HHI and many of them are very, very good.  For a resort town, shopping is not bad with several charming shopping areas and, if you just drive over the bridge to the mainland, there are two Tanger Outlet Centers and a ton of national chain stores.  As far as things to do, well it's a beach town and the beaches are stunning.  Water sports abound:  Kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, parasailing, wave runners, dolphin watch cruises, fishing and more.  World class golfing on more courses than one can imagine.  Also world class tennis at numerous locations.  Biking, as there are over 60 miles of bike paths all over the island and that's only the public paths.  There are miles and miles of paths inside many of the plantations and if you're biking, there are no gates (other than at Sea Pines) to prohibit you from entering.  There is also zip lining and rope courses.

What Hilton Head does not have is a boardwalk, amusement piers and water parks.  If that's what people are looking for, they won't find it on HHI, and thank heavens for that.  The town planners have done a very good job of keeping Hilton Head the beautiful place it is.  There are plenty of other beach communities that can provide that type of vacation.

This episode didn't spend any time on Hilton Head at all.  We only saw them check into that gorgeous oceanfront home but then they headed directly to Daufuskie Island where there is TRULY nothing to do.  I would have thought that they would at least have taken the ferry back to HHI for dinner,.  That they remained on Daufuskie to eat and hang out surprised me when there are so many more interesting places on HH.  I'm hoping that we'll see more of Hilton Head--not Daufuskie--in next week's episode.

I may not be remembering this correctly but wasn't Craig late because he hung back to make sure a still drunken Shep made it out of the airport safely after running into some trouble with the authorities?  That said, Craig does seem to have time management issues.

What a beautiful write-up of Hilton Head! Thanks! Makes me want to go! :)

On 5/25/2018 at 11:49 PM, breezy424 said:

I don't get the criticism of Kat's phone.  Smart phones are expensive, especially if you're not locked into a contract.  My one kid has cracked his screen twice.  Heck, I need a phone and I can afford it but it still irks me to have to spend so much money (my notification lights don't work and sometimes the phone just turns off by itself).  My youngest needs a new one too.  On my oldest's girlfriend's iphone, she can't type an 'i' or maybe it's a 't'.  Speaker phone doesn't work and photos are grainy.  She's got a great job making good coin but the cost...she's putting it off as long as she can.

My husband has a work cell phone.  And when he got a work cell phone years ago, he cancelled the personal phone.  Who wants to carry around two phones during the work week?  I also very much doubt that the cast has work phones.  If they did, I wouldn't doubt there would be some tie in with a provider.

Geez, it only takes one drop to crack a screen and scratch the heck out of it.  I've seen it.  I'm not judging her on that. 

Not to get mired in these weeds, but I can’t resist...I’m friends with many professionals, work in the creative field in New York, and don’t know one person that carries 2 phones! Lol lol! Maybe I’m out if it, but that seems shady as hell ... ;)

• Love 2
On 5/26/2018 at 7:20 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Yes, I missed that! Thanks!

I guess producers told her to play the damsel in distress role.

...or she’s just a natural, annoying asshole. There are a few of them around, and not even on tv shows being told what to do by producers. ;)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Not to get mired in these weeds, but I can’t resist...I’m friends with many professionals, work in the creative field in New York, and don’t know one person that carries 2 phones! Lol lol! Maybe I’m out if it, but that seems shady as hell ... ;)

I carried two phones, when I took a job that provided a work phone, and I already had a personal phone.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I work for a fortune 50 company, almost everyone carries a personal phone in addition to their corporate issued phone. Security protocols mean that the corporate phone can be swiped clean at any time. Most people prefer a little more privacy for their personal information. Big brother is always watching. 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

I work for a fortune 50 company, almost everyone carries a personal phone in addition to their corporate issued phone. Security protocols mean that the corporate phone can be swiped clean at any time. Most people prefer a little more privacy for their personal information. Big brother is always watching. 

My husband is a director in IT security for one of the biggest financial communications firms in the country—if not the biggest, with tons of regulations and he has 1 phone, as do his co-workers. So you say 2 phones, I say 1, and here we are....lol!

...and btw...2 or 1, big brother sees them all. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

Yeah, it's actually pretty common in my experience.

Kathryn barely has one job and it’s a reality tv show and there is no indication she has two phones which is probably good since she can’t manage to take care of the one phone we have seen. 

• Love 3
On 5/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Reality fame took over as well. I think Shep is a prime example of someone who was already the “man about town” and fairly popular among many local circles, but as soon as he was on national tv, he probably had every local bar cutie visiting or living in the city practically throwing herself at him.

So of course he probably figured, “Why should I bother to settle down when I can just enjoy the adulation of as many lovely ladies as possible right now?” See also his protege, Austen.

You see this kind of behavior in so many sudden reality stars though—-they get some fame and local/national popularity, start to believe their own hype, their former solid relationships and/or job status becomes a bit unglued, the men tend to rapidly age/bloat due to excessive partying while the women tend to lose excessive weight and/or develop plastic surgery addictions and enter a strained marriage or two...reality show fame is a weird, weird beast, it looks like.

It really does seem to destroy them, or most of their marriages at least. Who has really thrived under the Reality Tv spotlight besides maybe Vanderpump? The rest seem to have their marriages tank, businesses go under or struggle, their really ugly, petty personalities bubble up and they become unlikeable, if not despised...actually, maybe the Vanderpump rules kids achieve a bit of success with their appearances and opening up their own bar, but they were struggling waiters going in, so they should move up somewhat. 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:19 PM, ozzy said:

I've been watching The first couple seasons, and Hoo Lawd has Kathryn really made positive strides! 

She has, I agree, but she also seems VERY sedated...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Yup. I work in Congress and have two phones. I think it's against the rules to use just the work phone and cancel the personal one to save money. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Knowing several alcoholics who have been trying to stay sober, they stay on meds to keep them from wanting a drink. It numbs them.

• Love 2

I’m watching reruns (Cam’s shower, girls night out). Naomi is even more judgmental, hateful and obnoxious than I remember her. Leave her in your dust, Craig. Who needs someone who constantly criticizes and demeans you all of the time? And not just you. She’s that way to others too. Cannot stand that hateful woman.

• Love 4
On 5/31/2018 at 2:29 PM, politichick said:

Yup. I work in Congress and have two phones. I think it's against the rules to use just the work phone and cancel the personal one to save money. 

My employer maintains my work phone and I don't want them anywhere near my personal photos, texts, browsing habits, etc. I carry a personal phone and a work phone and only use the work phone to read email and make calls.

Don't think they'd dock my pay for once upon a time thinking TRav would be fun to have a beer with (oh Season 1, how innocent were we) but still...

Does TRav even OWN a dark pair of pants? 

• Love 4
On 5/30/2018 at 2:59 PM, Sage47 said:

Yes!! One of the main things that has always bugged me beyond belief about Craig is his nasal monotone. He has no life or energy to him. I honestly wonder how they even cast him? If you look back you see how annoyed Cameran and Shep have always been by him. It isn’t just Naomie. 

Whitney is hot for him?

• Love 1
On 5/31/2018 at 6:38 AM, snarts said:

Security protocols mean that the corporate phone can be swiped clean at any time.

This is only logical, SNARTS.  There will be big surprises some day...for those who trust too much.   Perhaps we think our significant others have only one phone.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2018 at 10:36 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m a leading neurosurgeon and I have three phones!

I work at Wendy's and have 895 phones plus 4 pagers 

• Love 8
On 25/05/2018 at 8:52 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Right, I know. As she said on the show “I never rode a horse before” and if it was filmed before Nov 21, she might not have been lying. 

The person that posted the photo of her on the horse is forgetting that this show isn’t “live”. It’s filmed a long time in advance. 

So....if she posts a photo from Nov 21, and the horse scenes were filmed in Sept/Oct......maybe she decided she liked riding a horse.

She’s with Thomas, after all.

Do you think it might be filmed 2 1/2 years ago? Not trying to sound bitchy, just wondering because I know shows like Project Runway All Stars was filmed way way back, like a couple of years.

• Love 1
On 28/05/2018 at 10:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

Re: Kathryn's phone, it looks like it was accidentally stepped on to me, not thrown across the room. 

or sat on, but no, not thrown against a wall or across the room

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

Do you think it might be filmed 2 1/2 years ago? Not trying to sound bitchy, just wondering because I know shows like Project Runway All Stars was filmed way way back, like a couple of years.

No, I was in error regarding the dates, etc. As others pointed out to me.

I'm still catching up on this show (clearly) but I couldn't believe when TRAV offered Kathryn a drink when they got to the house.  He, more than anyone, knows she can't be drinking and I was surprised by how well she handled it.  That was a seriously messed up thing for him to do, and if she had gotten mad about it, he probably would have used it as one more piece of evidence of how unfit Kathryn is.  I mean, who offers a drink to someone they know is a recovering alcoholic?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, hilaryvm said:

I'm still catching up on this show (clearly) but I couldn't believe when TRAV offered Kathryn a drink when they got to the house.  He, more than anyone, knows she can't be drinking and I was surprised by how well she handled it.  That was a seriously messed up thing for him to do, and if she had gotten mad about it, he probably would have used it as one more piece of evidence of how unfit Kathryn is.  I mean, who offers a drink to someone they know is a recovering alcoholic?

Entrapment. He is a —— for doing that. 

• Love 1
On 5/31/2018 at 1:40 PM, VedaPierce said:

She stopped self-medicating with alcohol. Self-medicating with alcohol tends to make people with social anxiety (which Kathryn has a severe case of) appear more extroverted and animated which is why so many people who suffer from social anxiety choose alcohol.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:57 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Knowing several alcoholics who have been trying to stay sober, they stay on meds to keep them from wanting a drink. It numbs them.

It's highly likely that even if she weren't prescribed medications for depression and anxiety that she would still seem sedated when compared to the persona she had when she was drinking. The fact is that the self-medicating Kathryn we saw in earlier seasons wasn't Kathryn's actual personality. It is only with the help of her doctors/counselors and medication that her true personality is coming more and more to the forefront. 

• Love 3

What was Craig’sissues with The contact lense case? He asked Naomi if it was hers. She said no. What’s left to talk about? He really can’t let things go ever. Naomi has a ton of issues, but that shit would drive me crazy. If you’ve already decided the answer don’t bother asking me. I actually gave her some credit for just walking away because seriously, WTF? Jesus. What a dumb fight to pick. Those two are toxic together.

• Love 3