Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Etoufee-faced

• Start Topic

The group begins to face their realities in NOLA; Justin feels pressure for an anniversary gift, which leads to a frank talk with Kelsey about their future; and Tamica and Barry clash over their parenting styles, laying all their cards on the table during a long-overdue date night.

17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Really feel for Barry having to deal with Tamica.

Seriously. She may be gorgeous, but she’s also a demanding, self-absorbed diva who apparently ain’t into regular sex either. Unless this is strictly for the show, their marriage looks just as rocky thanks to a bitchy shrew of a wife as her equally annoying bestie Reagan. That’s a damned shame too, because Barry is damned fine—-Barry could do better, just saying. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously. She may be gorgeous, but she’s also a demanding, self-absorbed diva who apparently ain’t into regular sex either. Unless this is strictly for the show, their marriage looks just as rocky thanks to a bitchy shrew of a wife as her equally annoying bestie Reagan. That’s a damned shame too, because Barry is damned fine—-Barry could do better, just saying. 

That poor little girl, having a hateful mother like Tamica :)

Editing to add: Interesting that Tamica showed (or seemed to show) empathy for her cousin during his reveal on the boat a while back, but showed no empathy for her daughter or Barry on tonight’s episode - maybe because these situations require her to change.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10

Why do people always say, “so and so could do better,” like there’s this magical person in the universe who’s perfect.  Everyone has flaws and issues and no one is perfect.  So this “better” person might not even exist, or want them.  

But I do think Tamica needs therapy.

• Love 9
Just now, Neurochick said:

Why do people always say, “so and so could do better,” like there’s this magical person in the universe who’s perfect.  Everyone has flaws and issues and no one is perfect.  So this “better” person might not even exist, or want them.  

But I do think Tamica needs therapy.

Just saying: with his laidback charms, stable career and good looks, he could probably *very* easily find an equally good woman who isn’t a cruel, raging shrew like Tamica. It’s a compliment to mention that someone “can do better” than their current significant other when said SO is treating that someone like shit.

Damn you, Justin; way to fake out your lady into thinking she was getting a ring! That was so cruel; her disappointment was so palpable. I truly felt for her; unlike Tamica, SHE seems like a very sweet, decent lady who treats her man well.

Oh Jon Moody and his proclamations of the “Jon Moody Experience”...he may be talented and handsome, but he really is wayyy too high on his own fumes.

• Love 16

My favorite person in tonight's episode was Barry's mother.  She was not having ANY of Tamica's BS!  
I felt badly for Barry, saying that he puts everyone ahead of himself.  Meanwhile, his wife says SHE does it all but to her, all has everything to do with her own self-promotion and evidently very little to do with her husband and children.  The woman couldn't even turn on her own oven!  She needs to make some time for her family but they are obviously not her priority and that is sad.

• Love 11

Tamica does not value what she has. She has a warm husband who wants her to do well, healthy kids, a nice house, a job. I think she needs to think about what's really important to her.  

There are two sides to every story, and every marriage, but Tamica doesn't seem to be meeting Barry halfway. 

Also, anytime a woman loses a ring given to her by a husband or boyfriend -- I don't care how many times you wash your hands -- something's up with that.

• Love 5

Hm. I'm not familiar with this show. Barry & Tamica make such a beautiful looking couple, but watching them fight is painful. Being on reality tv has a history of breaking up a lot of marriages, so things don't bode well. I need a palate cleanser. Time for my eleventeenth viewing of the Royal Wedding.

• Love 3

Justin is my favorite, but giving that necklace to his girlfriend was very similar to Katie/Tom Schwartz's storyline a few seasons ago on Vanderpump Rules with the "ring on a string." He knew she was thinking it would be a ring. Why not request a different type of box from the jeweler, something more rectangular and flat, for example, to minimize the confusion? 

Overall, though, they seem like a nice couple. She was so happy to celebrate their anniversary. Very sweet. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I felt badly for Barry, saying that he puts everyone ahead of himself.

I do and I don't at the same time. There is no doubt in my mind that Barry knew what he was getting when he married Tamica. Like many men, he claims he wants a woman "just like Mama" but marries one who is her polar opposite. And if any of y'all think Tamica was nurturing and catering to him while they dated, Imma need you to lay off the French 75s. (Which my suggestible ass now orders everywhere I go. They're so good! ?)

8 hours ago, nb360 said:

Tamica does not value what she has. She has a warm husband who wants her to do well, healthy kids, a nice house, a job.

Yep. Based on hers and Justin's TH's Tamica is likely the type of woman who has heard how beautiful and smart and charming she is since she was young. Definitely believes her own press. She wants subjects rather than a husband and children. Rani's tears and Barry's tenderness melted my cold heart. Didn't move Tamica one bit.

58 minutes ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Justin is my favorite, but giving that necklace to his girlfriend was very similar to Katie/Tom Schwartz's storyline a few seasons ago on Vanderpump Rules with the "ring on a string." He knew she was thinking it would be a ring. Why not request a different type of box from the jeweler, something more rectangular and flat, for example, to minimize the confusion?

In Justin's defense, that was clearly a flat, wide necklace or bracelet box. That she thought it was a ring was her own wishful thinking. Actually, more than that. She was putting on the pressure with her everybody-but-me-is-married-and-we're-Southern-so-that's-what-we're-supposed-to-do speech. Justin was just dumb for getting her jewelry at all. At least it wasn't a promise ring.

• Love 9

Oy, that video above of the guys running on the green....it sets my inner golf marshall on edge!  LOL!

I felt bad for Tamica's daughter and wish she was allowed to tell the full story of why she was upset.  It might have been a bratty child moment, but it might not have been, especially given Barry's comment that the little girl always comes home crying from outings with Tamika.  That is just a sad situation.

• Love 13

It broke my heart to hear that Rani cries at all of her outings with her mother because she is not nurturing and mom-ish. I think that Barry is good with her but Tamica needs to step up her game. In both parenting and marriage. She keeps using the excuse that she’s too tired and I’m glad that her husband clapped back and asked her why then is she going out to “events” that last until 10. She’s building a glass house. To look at it you see it’s beautiful and dings all the bells. Husband-check. 2 children (a boy and a girl)-check. A home-check. Dog-check. She gives the illusion that she has it all but none of it makes her happy. That’s just sad. If I was her MIL in the kitchen I don’t know that I would have been as good at holding my tongue. Can’t even turn her oven on...that’s just laughable. 

I thought it was sweet of Jeff to bring Reagan dinner. I’m sure he was lonely in his big house across Lake Pontchartrain. I get that she needs time to study but their marriage is going to deteriorate if they grow too far apart. She must be taking clues from her good friend Tamica. 

The guys should take Jon to play golf more often. The one sport he doesn’t excell in and it was funny when he missed the ball. I was pleased to hear that his parents always supported his artistic talent. 

• Love 9

Without Tamica this show would really be enjoyable, but I don’t want to see how she treats a child who is hurting - this woman is so self-righteous about raising strong “adults” she doesn’t even see the precious child in front of her. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

broke my heart to hear that Rani cries at all of her outings with her mother because she is not nurturing and mom-ish

To be fair what Barry actually said was that she often cries at parties and then reinforced that later when he said they had talked before about how there shouldn't be crying and pouting at events. Not that Tamica isn't awful and clearly contributes to it, her talking over Rani when she was trying to explain why she was upset was awful. 

Have millenials never heard of makeup mirrors? Just like Ashley last week on Southern Charm was sitting in the sink to put on her make-up,  it looks so uncomfortable.

• Love 6

Barry seems to equate insecurity with being shy and and self-conscious about others paying you attention. But insecurity can also be someone who is constantly doing the most to get people's attention because that attention validates them. I would think that Tamica's brother would know his sister well enough to be able to recognize that quality in her (and it's not like they have a strained relationship where he would make those comments purely for the sake of hurting his sister). Tamica is a piece of work and not in a good way. She just can't be told no or feel like someone thinks she's wrong. I'm sure Barry ain't perfect but based on what I've seen, it seems to take a special kind of person to deal with a personality like Tamica. I also felt really bad with the way she was talking about being too tired and not having time to spend with her children. Outside of her actual job, every other commitment she makes is by choice and when you make comments like that in front of your children, it just seems like she doesn't have time for them because they're at the bottom of the priority list. I felt so bad for her daughter. Maybe she was crying because she didn't win something, but did you even let her explain herself. She's a kid, you don't shame her and tell her to suck it up, you take the opportunity to provide a lesson and try to show some empathy and maybe then she'll learn better that she can't always win everything or be the best at everything but her effort and doing it with a smile on her face means just as much as the prize. Hope she actually listened this time and will make more time with her kids. 

The story of a little Jon drawing a woman's buttcrack at a restaurant had me laughing. I can only imagine the mortified look on his mother's face, haha. 

Couldn't Justin have found a piece of jewelry that didn't come in a box that looks that similar to a ring box? Talk about a let down for his girlfriend. 

• Love 5

I missed the first 20 minutes entirely and even after that wasn’t giving the show my full attention so my thoughts might be way off or missing important context—not to mention playing armchair psychiatrist without a degree. But hearing Mama Barry chiding Tamica and Tamica saying, oh, that’s just how it is with her love-hate relationship toward me, it suddenly made sense how Barry ended up marrying someone just like mom. Granted, Tamica is deserving of all of that negative energy from Mama, so MAYBE Mama is just this way with Tamica, but T said Mama was like this from day 1, so if she’s tough on Tamica, she was probably tough on Barry, too. Maybe Barry had to learn growing up to be extra loving and empathetic and walk on eggshells around the outbursts. Plenty of people are drawn to whatever dysfunctional relationship dynamic they had growing up with their parents because their inner child is “going to fix it this time.” But now Barry is seeing himself in how Tamica treats their daughter—how Mom may have treated him—and now it’s like I’m fine with you treating ME like crap, but I’m not going to put my CHILD through this. I’m changing my wager from Reagan & Jeff being the first to divorce and putting my chips on Tamica and Barry after that scene with their daughter. Use the video tape in your custody hearing, Barry!

That was NOT a ring box and Justin had just gone through a whole speech about how they’re on the marriage track but he’s just not there yet, so if his girlfriend thought that was a ring (which her facial expression sure seemed so), that’s on her. Buuuuut, you could tell by how giddy she was the whoooole night from the moment she put on that dress and sat down in that restaurant and they BOTH were talking about how special the whole night was that she totally thought it was going to be her big engagement night. Justin probably should have told her previously OFF CAMERA that he’s not ready to propose yet. Of course, it seems like he HAS been being honest about that, such as when Tamica confronted them at the jewelry launch party, so again, if she talked herself into believing he’s just trying to throw her off the track, that’s on her again. 

Liked seeing Jon painting in action. Also liked meeting his sister. I don’t recall seeing Reagan and Jeff, so they must have been in the first half I missed.

• Love 2

I feel so bad for Rani. Considering the I-can't-be-denied-I-get-what-I-want-Don't-you-know-who-I-am attitude we get from her mother in just about every interaction on this show, are we really surprised that Rani expected to win the raffle? She learned it from somewhere. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Marigny said:

I feel so bad for Rani. Considering the I-can't-be-denied-I-get-what-I-want-Don't-you-know-who-I-am attitude we get from her mother in just about every interaction on this show, are we really surprised that Rani expected to win the raffle? She learned it from somewhere. 

I’ll bet in Tamica’s narcissistic head Rani’s public job is to make her mother look good, at all costs - even to the girl herself.

• Love 7

Barry was cute folding the napkins to make them pretty, putting out place settings for the table and what does Tamica do when she gets home? Snatches everything off the table! Anybody else notice that? WTH is wrong with this woman? Barry was really nice to her during their date night when he was trying to explain to her what wasn't working in the marriage and the family. That adorable Rani is going to have mommy issues if things don't change. 

I don't think Tamica is gorgeous. She has a funny looking mouth. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Barry was cute folding the napkins to make them pretty, putting out place settings for the table and what does Tamica do when she gets home? Snatches everything off the table! Anybody else notice that? WTH is wrong with this woman? Barry was really nice to her during their date night when he was trying to explain to her what wasn't working in the marriage and the family. That adorable Rani is going to have mommy issues if things don't change. 

I noticed that she did go over and make a comment about the napkins. It’s her way or the Highway. You have to wonder if anything is good enough for her or that she’s even capable of being happy. I would have thought how nice that someone set the table for me. I think Barry is correct. Family dinners. It’s a good time for family bonding, catching up with each other’s days and cement the foundation of caring and sharing. 

Got a laugh that when the men found out that a piece of jewelry was 75k they compared it to a Porsche. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She has a major overbite - I am surprised she hasn't had it fixed in some way.

When Barry was talking to her at the date night, she was SUPER fucked up.  I am guessing pain pills.  She said something about having taken pills for some problem a few episodes ago, at the jewelry party.  My guess is that she popped a few before the date.  If you watch, she could not keep her eyes open.  I know the look of this.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

I do and I don't at the same time. There is no doubt in my mind that Barry knew what he was getting when he married Tamica. Like many men, he claims he wants a woman "just like Mama" but marries one who is her polar opposite. And if any of y'all think Tamica was nurturing and catering to him while they dated, Imma need you to lay off the French 75s. (Which my suggestible ass now orders everywhere I go. They're so good! ?)

Yep. Based on hers and Justin's TH's Tamica is likely the type of woman who has heard how beautiful and smart and charming she is since she was young. Definitely believes her own press. She wants subjects rather than a husband and children. Rani's tears and Barry's tenderness melted my cold heart. Didn't move Tamica one bit.

In Justin's defense, that was clearly a flat, wide necklace or bracelet box. That she thought it was a ring was her own wishful thinking. Actually, more than that. She was putting on the pressure with her everybody-but-me-is-married-and-we're-Southern-so-that's-what-we're-supposed-to-do speech. Justin was just dumb for getting her jewelry at all. At least it wasn't a promise ring.

Exactly.  If "just like mama" ain't some bullshit.    It might've been whom he wanted, it wasn't whom he chose.

giphy.gif

And this.  It was a perfect long, not quite rectangular, square.  Every anticipating fiancee knows good and hell well rings come in a cube.    I would've been practicing my *oh, how lovely!* face in the mirror for weeks leading up to that.   By the way, I don't know if this is new or just new to me but when did single women start acting like a year is the benchmark for engagement?  I mean I'm sure it's on your mind if you have a biological clock to consider, but men don't.  

13 hours ago, nb360 said:

Tamica does not value what she has. She has a warm husband who wants her to do well, healthy kids, a nice house, a job. I think she needs to think about what's really important to her.  

There are two sides to every story, and every marriage, but Tamica doesn't seem to be meeting Barry halfway. 

Also, anytime a woman loses a ring given to her by a husband or boyfriend -- I don't care how many times you wash your hands -- something's up with that.

Sadly, she is.  

3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Oy, that video above of the guys running on the green....it sets my inner golf marshall on edge!  LOL!

I felt bad for Tamica's daughter and wish she was allowed to tell the full story of why she was upset.  It might have been a bratty child moment, but it might not have been, especially given Barry's comment that the little girl always comes home crying from outings with Tamika.  That is just a sad situation.

1 hour ago, Marigny said:

I feel bad for Rani too.  I do.  I was prepared to go full on sanctimommy on Tamica.   Then I rewound for stuff I missed initially.   There's this.  Rani's age is right around where schools knock of the *everybody gets a trophy* philosophy and competitions become, well, competitive or contests are strictly chance.   Either way, that is the point at which children develop  non self serving characteristics.   Yes, I get the irony.    But focus on the lesson and teacher for a second, not so much the parenting.    Her big picture point was, you win some, you lose some, life doesn't always turn out fairly.   Take it from somebody who'd lost both parents at your age, by the time they were 40.   You in here breaking all the way down about a raffle.    Literal, baby steps, I absolutely understand that the things a child is able to take in and apply to themselves are age/level/development specific.   I  hated that Tamica's affect showed absolutely no compassion for her baby, but what I'm saying is that Rani is at this level.   And if you understand Tamica using her own childhood experiences as a foundation, you also understand how she'd be impatient with children acting childish.    That's a thing she needs to relearn for them to have a better relationship.    

Second thing I was gonna say, also about patience, was Barry started by asking Rani to tell him the story.  Rani said, mommy will tell you.   Tamica said, no Rani will tell it.  Rani said again, she'll tell you.  Then Tamica started talking, then Rani decides she's gonna tell her side.   Lol.    Ya'll I promise I'm on Rani's side here but I kinda want you to consider all the stuff in that scene not just baby tears.    I listened to my fair share of why this hurt my feelings soliloquies when Twirlygirl was 4, 5, 6, 7.      At 9, 10?  Fix your face.  

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It broke my heart to hear that Rani cries at all of her outings with her mother because she is not nurturing and mom-ish. I think that Barry is good with her but Tamica needs to step up her game. In both parenting and marriage. She keeps using the excuse that she’s too tired and I’m glad that her husband clapped back and asked her why then is she going out to “events” that last until 10. She’s building a glass house. To look at it you see it’s beautiful and dings all the bells. Husband-check. 2 children (a boy and a girl)-check. A home-check. Dog-check. She gives the illusion that she has it all but none of it makes her happy. That’s just sad. If I was her MIL in the kitchen I don’t know that I would have been as good at holding my tongue. Can’t even turn her oven on...that’s just laughable. 

I thought it was sweet of Jeff to bring Reagan dinner. I’m sure he was lonely in his big house across Lake Pontchartrain. I get that she needs time to study but their marriage is going to deteriorate if they grow too far apart. She must be taking clues from her good friend Tamica. 

The guys should take Jon to play golf more often. The one sport he doesn’t excell in and it was funny when he missed the ball. I was pleased to hear that his parents always supported his artistic talent. 

It was pretty funny.   Barry's mother knows what she's doing though.  Ribbing Tamica back and forth is one thing (though she don't sound like she's kidding lol).  Marie Baroneing her opinion into a marriage - never helpful.

9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I noticed that she did go over and make a comment about the napkins. It’s her way or the Highway. You have to wonder if anything is good enough for her or that she’s even capable of being happy. I would have thought how nice that someone set the table for me. I think Barry is correct. Family dinners. It’s a good time for family bonding, catching up with each other’s days and cement the foundation of caring and sharing. 

Got a laugh that when the men found out that a piece of jewelry was 75k they compared it to a Porsche. 

I giggled because when Barry sent her away to talk to Rani she said, ok, I'll go *fix* the table.    I was like what? lol, you haven't even seen it yet.  

She mentioned them separating years ago or being on the brink of divorce, I wonder what that was about?   Tell you one thing though, T ain't here to fix shit.  He can love it or list it.  

• Love 4

I have to believe Justin discussed the gift with his girlfriend - imo he’s too kind to intentionally fake her out.

The plan: she mentions marriage, he presents the non-ring gift, producers are happy.

• Love 2

Not Team Tamica, but she did at least listen to Barry on Date Night and agree she needs to make changes and make family time more important. I don't know if she meant it, but she heard him.

OAN: the oldest child is a teenager and I think they've said Barry and Tamica have been married 10 years. Somebody came to the marriage with a child already. Glad they don't make distinctions. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She has a major overbite - I am surprised she hasn't had it fixed in some way.

When Barry was talking to her at the date night, she was SUPER fucked up.  I am guessing pain pills.  She said something about having taken pills for some problem a few episodes ago, at the jewelry party.  My guess is that she popped a few before the date.  If you watch, she could not keep her eyes open.  I know the look of this.

Those veneers on her top teeth are too big. 

• Love 3

I feel bad for Kelsey. She and Justin seem like nice people -- but I don't think they're going to get married. Justin seems like the kind of man who makes excuses as to why he shouldn't get married. I wonder if he thinks that Kelsey, for whatever reason, is not the "right one." In which case, he should be honest with her and let her find someone who really does want to be with her.

I've watched the show sporadically but I didn't even know who Kelsey was until this episode -- I wonder if Justin is deliberately keeping her off camera for some things.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Have millenials never heard of makeup mirrors? Just like Ashley last week on Southern Charm was sitting in the sink to put on her make-up,  it looks so uncomfortable.

I do the sit in the sink thing, but I am a millennial. I started doing it in college and stuck with it. I prefer it to makeup mirrors. 

Everyone here already summed up my feelings of Tamica and the Tamica/Barry relationship quite well for this episode. 

I enjoyed watching the guys golf, or more like watching them laugh at Jon's golfing skills.

Justin leaving the haunted plantation to go to hotel amused me also. Also that he did not deny being scared the next day to the group.

I forgot who was outside Barry and Tamica's room knocking on he windows and making noises, but it made me laugh. It reminded me of silly stuff that my friends and I do.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I forgot who was outside Barry and Tamica's room knocking on he windows and making noises, but it made me laugh. It reminded me of silly stuff that my friends and I do.

It was a friend of Jared's (Tamica's cousin).  I think her name was Susan.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

OAN: the oldest child is a teenager and I think they've said Barry and Tamica have been married 10 years. Somebody came to the marriage with a child already. Glad they don't make distinctions. 

Oh see, that didn't even occur to me.  Interesting lol.   I thought he was both of theirs and they just got married when he was five.  

• Love 2
On 5/22/2018 at 12:01 PM, biakbiak said:

Tamica posted this for his 16th birthday. So it appears he is Barry’s and they met when he was 2.

Thanks for the confirmation @biakbiak. As a stepchild myself, especially one raised by my "stepmom" who is just my "Mama" I always appreciate well blended families. Dammit...quit trying to make me like Tamica!

• Love 3
On 5/20/2018 at 10:00 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Just saying: with his laidback charms, stable career and good looks, he could probably *very* easily find an equally good woman who isn’t a cruel, raging shrew like Tamica. It’s a compliment to mention that someone “can do better” than their current significant other when said SO is treating that someone like shit.

Here's the thing.  There's no such thing as a perfect person who will never, ever change.  You can marry someone and BAM, they change; then you leave them for someone "better," at first they seem better and then BAM, they change too.  I think sometimes people take that to heart, and wait for the "better" which never comes.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 9:16 AM, biakbiak said:

This is in the top 5 things I miss from my 20s, being limber enough to get up close to the mirror like this.

Rani broke my heart. Really wish we could have got her side of the story. Tamica strikes me as the type of mom who'd tell her daughter, in front of her friends, not to eat too much because she's getting pudgy. ETA: I agree with Zaldamo Wilder after listening to the kitchen conversation again it is more likely Rani wanted recognition and Tamica giving her a version of the "life ain't fair" speech

This is 100% better than the original recipe.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2

Tamica is the pretty package that is ugly on the inside type.  I thought she was very attractive on the first episode. But she gets more unattractive every show. Free Barry.

• Love 10
On 5/22/2018 at 12:13 AM, nb360 said:

I feel bad for Kelsey. She and Justin seem like nice people -- but I don't think they're going to get married. Justin seems like the kind of man who makes excuses as to why he shouldn't get married. I wonder if he thinks that Kelsey, for whatever reason, is not the "right one." In which case, he should be honest with her and let her find someone who really does want to be with her.

I've watched the show sporadically but I didn't even know who Kelsey was until this episode -- I wonder if Justin is deliberately keeping her off camera for some things.

I think Justin will meet someone, dump her and be engaged in six months of dating the other woman.  He loves Kelsey, but she isn't who he wants to marry.

• Love 1

I'm not willing to judge the entire relationship between Tamica and her daughter based on that one interaction.  I have known children who will cry for no real reason, and ones who will throw tantrums, and at a certain point, a parent is just going to ignore it or act a little cold about it because they're doing it for attention (or something along those lines).  I mean, if she cries at every party they go to, there might be more going on than Tamica being a terrible mother.

Also, the "family dinner" conversation rubbed me a little the wrong way.  It may have been that Barry was just trying to get Tamica to prioritize family and make time for family dinner, but Tamica seemed to be responding in a way that he expected it every night (which may not necessarily be feasible).  Also, there seemed to be an undercurrent that Tamica should be the one to be making the dinner, which I admit was never said and I may be reading too much into it, but it seemed a little like "you need to be home to cook dinner for us every night" and not "you need to make family a priority."  Especially with Barry's mom there cooking for everyone, it just came off a little like Tamica was being shamed as a bad mother because she wasn't home to cook dinner for the family every night.  That may not at all been what was going on, but that's the impression I got. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

Also, there seemed to be an undercurrent that Tamica should be the one to be making the dinner, w

I didn’t get that at all given that they were all saying she didn’t even know how to turn on the oven and Barry seemed quite comfortable in the kitchen plus his mother clearly spends a lot of time there cooking.

• Love 3