Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 7

• Start Topic

Katherine McNamara is on the cover of the November 2018 issue of Bello Mag and there's a feature article (with lots of pics) inside - here's the spoilery stuff (from pages 9-10)...

"... Now on Arrow I get to continue my boxing and fighting skills in a whole new universe."

In Arrow, Katherine plays Maya, a fearless, street-smart fighter who comes from life in an underground fight club. "Maya's been raised in a really tough environment, so she's a product of that," Katherine explains. "She's not one to be intimidated, and not one to be messed with. It makes it fun for me as an actor because my character of Clary on Shadowhunters started out as very much an innocent, hopeful, optimistic person. Maya, on the other hand, is the antithesis of Clary. She's seen the dark side and she's forged by it. She's one to punch first and ask questions later."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Includes 705 sneak peek #2 video...

Curtis isn't too thrilled about his new mission in Arrow clip
November 09, 2018 at 01:00 PM EST, by CHANCELLOR AGARD
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/09/arrow-curtis-echo-kellum-video/

Thankfully (for fans at least), Curtis won’t be stuck behind a desk all season; in Monday’s episode “The Demon,” Curtis has to go undercover as a biochemist to help his new employer catch an arms dealer. In fact, you can watch the moment that Diggle (David Ramsey) and A.R.G.U.S. Deputy Director Bell (David Stuart) give the hero formerly known as Mr. Terrific his scary new assignment in the exclusive clip above.

“It’s a way you’ve never seen Curtis before. I had a lot of fun shooting it, but it was very difficult,” says Kellum. “I can’t spoil too, too much about it, but I think it will be a really cool episode for people to see how Curtis gets undercover and how he handles it when he is.”

To succeed, Curtis will have to live up to his superhero moniker and put his 14 PhDs and his fluency in five six different languages to use — and it was that second bit that made filming the episode somewhat challenging for Kellum.

“The only thing that made it difficult for me personally as an actor is that I had to learn different languages to be in this episode. It was the fun part of it, too,” says Kellum. “You’ll see Curtis kind of hone into that aspect that he’s highly intelligent and knows multiple languages and has many degrees. You really see us hone into those comic book aspects of him.”

Edited by tv echo

This interview with KM took place during a boxing workout at Fitness Factory West Hollywood (according to this E! News article)...

Katherine McNamara Spills on New "Arrow" Role | E! Red Carpet & Award Shows
Published on Nov 9, 2018, by E! Red Carpet & Award Shows

-- On what she can tell us about her new Arrow role, KM: "I can't say much about Arrow yet, but what I can say is, my character's name is Maya and she's a street fighter. So she's a boxer in a fight in an underground fight club. ... She grew up in a very rough environment and is very much a product of that environment. So, whereas Clary was very much the hopeful optimist, Maya is very much the realist and the one to punch first and ask questions later. She's not one to be underestimated or messed with."

-- On whether she had to amp up her workouts to play Maya or whether Shadowhunters trained her well, KM: "It's been a bit of a process of building upon things that, you know, you learn. So when I started Shadowhunters, I didn't know how to throw a punch, I didn't know how to hold a sword, and now I have some modicum of knowledge. ... I'm just a perpetual student in life as well as work, and so I just try to keep building and learning and growing. ... Maya's certainly kickass, I'll tell you that much."

-- On whether Maya is joining Team Arrow, KM: "I can't say."

-- On whether Maya will be part of the CW crossover episodes, KM: "Um, I can say that I'm not in the crossover episode, but that's about all I can say, as far as that goes."

-- On how hard it is keeping spoilers from the fans, KM: "The hardest thing about being on Arrow is not spoiling things, because I do - I do have a lot of secrets up my sleeve that have been so graciously shared with me by the showrunner and by everyone else on - on - on Team Arrow. ... The biggest thing I can say is that there's a lot to come from this character, and there's so much as an actor for me to mine out it. So I'm very excited. And just everyone at Arrow's been so welcoming. And it really is - been a situation where I feel like I'm part of the family."

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - November 6
Published on Nov 7, 2018, by Golden Warrior

-- On why she changed her hair color from red to blonde, KM: "You know, there are times when I do miss Clary's red hair, but that was Clary, and I didn't want that to carry over into Arrow, because I wanted it to be - have a separation. And I wanted to let Clary have her own life and then let Maya have her own life. So, that's why the hair color changed, among other reasons."

-- KM: "So I haven't worked with all of the cast of Arrow yet. I've met most of them. Honestly, everyone's been so lovely."

-- KM: "Stephen Amell in real life is a doll. He was so kind when I met him, and I couldn't have been more grateful for that kind of welcome into the show."

-- KM: "I'd seen a couple episodes of Arrow before I was cast on the show. And then as soon as I found out I was cast, I watched the entire series. Uh, and I really love it. I think it's so great. And I think what they're doing with the show this season is really smart, because it takes it back to kind of what the show was originally in its tone, but also finds a way to do something completely new and different."

-- KM (answering fan question): "Adam, I'm glad you like the flashforwards. Like I said, they're doing so many great things this season... I love seeing Ollie in prison too. I think it's - it totally puts him out of his element. It's awesome."

-- When asked for her favorite Arrowverse character, KM: "I don't know. They're all - I'm still - I'm still accustoming myself to that world, so I feel like I don't know enough about them all yet to pick a favorite."

-- KM: "On Arrow, I play Maya. She's a boxer. She's not one to be messed with. She's kickass."

Edited by tv echo

I didn't understand some of the words...

Ivette Novales Gomez as Lara in Arrow
Posted: November 10, 2018, by Ivette Novales-Gómez
 https://vimeo.com/300089349  

ING: "(Laughs) Diego, you're a dead man! Sara's going to totally kill you if she's late for the game."
Reader (off-screen): "No way we'll we late, the way I drive."
ING: "What do you think you're doing?"
Reader: "[Unintelligible words] in the Glades, Lara. Like the worst part of the worst part of town. I brought a last-minute tozar."
ING: "So you're admitting you broke the rule?"
Reader: "Kinda what I do, bit."
ING: "[Unintelligible words] that you keep nothing in the house because you said we needed it for home protection. As in, it stays home. Now, come on! You guys are going to be late."
Reader: "I thought we were going as a family."
ING: "I got a headache."
Reader: "Oh yeah? You taking something stronger than an aspirin for this headache?"
ING: "You got something to say to me, Alan?"
Reader: "I guess I do. Are you using again?"
ING: "Am I using again? How can you even ask me something like that?"
Reader: "Actually, I've been working up the nerve to ask you that for awhile. Since I found this taped to the back of the dresser drawer."
ING: "You searched our bedroom?"
Reader: "Yeah, 'cause it looks like my wife's a freakin' junkie! I don't - I just don't get it.We got out, Lara. We got out of the Glades. And here you are, bringing it back here. Back into our home."
ING: "You're the last person who can get on their high horse -"
Reader: "No matter what I've done, I've never done drugs. And I've never done it in our baby girl's home."
ING: "Screw you, Alan!"
Reader (using softer voice, different character?): "Are you fighting?"
Reader: "Go get your jacket, honey. It's cold tonight. I'm throwing this away. When I get home, either there's no more drugs in this house or there's no more you in this house."

Edited by tv echo

Miranda Edwards on the New ‘Arrow’ Villain and Upcoming Series ‘Snowpiercer’ [Exclusive Interview]
November 7, 2018  Brianna Martinez
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/11/miranda-edwards-on-the-new-arrow-villain-and-upcoming-series-snowpiercer-exclusive-interview/

Miranda Edwards plays this mysterious new villain, and I recently got the chance to speak with her about her new role in the Arrowverse, spending time behind the camera, and her upcoming series, Snowpiercer.
Edwards hinted that there may be more to these characters than we’ve seen so far.

“I can say that they have their individual talents and skills that you will see more, and so they work really well individually and together as a team. We saw a little bit of that in [“The Longbow Hunters”], but you’re going to see a whole lot more of that, each of us showcasing what we can do and how we work in a really bad way,” Edwards laughed.

But, as is the fashion in most of the Arrowverse, don’t expect a carbon copy of the Honor “The Silencer” Guest that appears in the comics.

“I find what I’ve done so far is a different introduction to the character through the Arrowverse, which is something you’re not seeing in the comics,” said Edwards. “I know as much as I know at the time I’m doing it, but yes, we’re seeing a new [part] of her that we don’t see in the comics.”
“You’ve already seen the way that her power and the silence that she creates is different from how it appears in the comics, too. They do some gadgetry on the show, and that’s a really fun thing to play with that I’m enjoying a lot.”

Edited by tv echo

Arrow 7X07 - Slabside Redemption synopsis:

ARROW
“The Slabside Redemption” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

JAMES BAMFORD DIRECTS AN EPIC EPISODE — Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a choice that will affect his entire life, as well as the lives of everyone he cares about. James Bamford directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Rebecca Bellotto (#707). Original airdate 11/26/2018.

Arrow - Episode 7.08 - Unmasked synopsis

ARROW
“Unmasked” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

FELICITY MAKES CERTAIN DECISIONS FOR HER FAMILY — Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) stands by her recent decisions regarding her family. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) continue to look into the Dante painting that Curtis (Echo Kellum) found. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Beth Schwartz (#708). Original airdate 12/3/2018.

I'm A Celebrity's John Barrowman confirms he's returning to Arrow as Malcolm Merlyn
BY MEGAN DAVIES AND ADAM TANSWELL   17 NOVEMBER 2018
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/arrow/news/a870795/im-a-celebrity-john-barrowman-confirms-arrow-return-malcolm-merlyn/

Rumours that Barrowman would be back as The Dark Archer in the DC TV series picked up earlier this week after the actor reportedly said he'd be returning during a Torchwood panel at the Supanova convention in Brisbane.

Now Barrowman has confirmed the news to us before heading into the Jungle.
"I can't tease anything about it, but I will be returning to the show this year," Barrowman said. "I just filmed some stuff for it recently. If you follow my Instagram and social media, you might've seen something a couple of weeks back."
But that's not all, as Barrowman also told Digital Spy that the show's bosses were looking to schedule him in again in the future.

"Also, just before I went into isolation, they checked my availability again," he added. "We were like, 'You guys knew the schedule. I'm not available right now, so it'll have to be after the new year'."

Of course, Barrowman will be too busy to film Arrow over the next few weeks as he's joined the latest I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! line-up, where he's facing the prospect of a trial involving a record 160,000 bugs as well as a task involving every single celebrity campmate.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Sends Felicity Down a Dark Path...To Being a Supervillain?
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon., Nov. 19, 2018 6:00 PM
https://www.eonline.com/news/989009/arrow-sends-felicity-down-a-dark-path-to-being-a-supervillain

"I think Felicity has set a path in just the work that she's done, so that leaves a lot of room for us to explore where she's gone on that path," Harkavy told reporters during a visit to the Vancouver set. (Rickards herself wasn't available for interviews during the set visit.) 

As for whether Felicity is actually dead, Harkavy said, "I actually really can't answer that. Like, I don't know the answer." 

That means Felicity's future fate is going to be left open for at least a few more episodes. 

We also have to wait to figure out what "the Mark of Four" is, which is apparently what was on the note Roy found in Oliver's bow, which is what drove Roy to come back to Star City. 
"It's something that will continue to unify the team in the future, basically," Harkavy teased of the Mark. And that's about it. At this point, everything we learn just gives us more questions than answers. 

Harkavy was able to tease that Dinah becomes a "mentor" for the older Zoe.

"I think Dinah has a very maternal kind of instinct hidden in her that comes out with Zoe," she says. "So yeah, that'll continue." 

And if you've noticed the scar on her throat, Harkavy says they've left things open with her canary powers. 

"She does have a scar, and we allude to it a couple of times, but we don't necessarily know where it's come from yet. So her powers are kind of in question, but I think that for sure, she's had all of this time to train, and a lot of years to grow stronger. 
Harkavy also addressed the concerns from fans who are a little disappointed to see that the city still hasn't been saved in the future. 

"The future we're seeing, in my mind, it's not the ultimate future, it's not necessarily the end, it's part of the future," she says. "So a lot of people are saying they're disheartened by how down and depraved our city has become, and they're saying, what's the point of it all if it's gonna be that dark? But we don't know that it's gonna end there." 

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow' Reveals How Felicity Died
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 19, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/20/arrow-reveals-how-felicity-died/

Tonight, it was revealed that Felicity went rogue and, acting as the villainous Calculator, got herself in too deep with her criminal cohorts.

If all of this sounds pretty hard to swallow, you are not alone: pretty much nobody seems to believe Felicity is actually gone-gone, and even money with the fans seems to be that she never went evil at all.

"I actually really can’t answer that -- like, I don’t know the answer," Juliana Harkavy told reporters last week on set when asked if she believed Felicity was actually dead. "But, I think Felicity has set a path in just the work that she’s done, so that leaves a lot of room for us to explore where she’s gone on that path."

Following that path is very literally what William and Roy have been doing, uncovering a series of clues attached to booby traps that are leading them on from one point to the next.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow's Stephen Amell Teases an Imperfect Olicity Reunion

By Lindsay MacDonald | Nov 26, 2018 

https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-stephen-amell-interview-oliver-released-prison-olicity-reunion/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

Arrow essentially just gave us its own version of Die Hard with Oliver's (Stephen Amell) high stakes game of cat and mouse against Diaz inside Slabside prison, but all's well that ends well, right?

The episode saw some of the most epic (and brutal) fight scenes to date, and for a minute there, we weren't sure if Oliver was ever going to make it out of that building alive. After one final, intense showdown, however, Oliver locked Diaz away and walked out of Slabside a free man — right into Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) waiting arms. Cue swooning!

Just because we've left Oliver's Slabside arc behind though, don't expect the ramifications of his time there to disappear. According to Stephen Amell, Oliver will be dealing with the fallout of his stint in prison for a long time to come.

"I know they wanted Oliver back in the world, and he is and in a new and exciting way," Amell told reporters on a set visit in Vancouver. "Concurrently, it felt like we were treating my experience at Slabside like I spent a night in county jail. In actuality, even for Oliver, it was a pretty horrific experience. So I did want a change in him. I wanted a change in him in the way that he interacts with people, with the public, and even so far as his wardrobe."

Oliver won't just have to deal with the implications of prison life on his personality though. He'll also pretty quickly be faced with what his absence in Felicity's life has done not only to her as a person, but to their relationship as a whole. Amell said the drama unfolds in "really fantastic" scenes in Episode 8.

"Obviously we see each other for the first time at the end of [Episode] 7, but then pretty quickly, I learn that a lot of the stuff that Diaz was saying about Felicity is true, and I thought the way that we worked it out - and we do work it out pretty quickly — we come to an understanding that nothing's ever going to be perfect...or normal about our relationship, and I think that the sooner that the two of them accept that, the sooner that they can move on with their lives."

Oliver can't exactly sit on a high horse when it comes to being consumed with a dark, vengeful mission for justice, so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the realization that Felicity has crossed some moral lines in her quest to bring Diaz down. Considering Emily Bett Rickards recently told TV Guide that we'll be seeing a "fracture" in the Olicity dynamic thanks to Oliver's stint in prison, it sounds like these two will have some issues to work through in the coming episodes. Meh, perfection is overrated anyway, bring on the Olicity angst!

Arrow Star Stephen Amell Talks Oliver's Next Chapter and Felicity's Dark Turn

By Vlada Gelman / November 26 2018

https://tvline.com/2018/11/26/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-7-oliver-felicity-reunion/

On this week’s Arrow, Oliver Queen went to war with Ricardo Diaz within the walls of Sladside prison— and came out the other side a free man!

After Diaz let all the inmates loose, an epic battle ensued in which Oliver teamed up with former foe Bronze Tiger, and Brick and Sampson met their end. (Oliver’s “pal” Stanley, meanwhile, escaped the prison after killing Brick.) As for The Dragon, he survived, but Oliver did lock up Diaz in a cell. Then, as promised in his deal, Oliver was released from prison, and reunited with Diggle and Felicity, who were waiting for him just outside the fence. As relief washed over both their faces, Oliver and Felicity kissed — but the couple is far from out of the woods.

During their battle, Diaz told a disbelieving Oliver that Felicity almost shot him, and “pretty quickly, [Oliver learns] that a lot of the stuff that Diaz was saying about Felicity is true,” star Stephen Amell previewed during TVLine’s recent set visit, adding that he and his TV wife Emily Bett Rickards share “some really fantastic scenes” in next Monday’s episode.

While reconciling this new, darker version of Felicity takes some adjustment, “we do work it out pretty quickly,” Amell said. “We come to an understanding that nothing’s ever going to be perfect. … Nothing’s ever going to be perfect or normal about our relationship, and I think that the sooner that the two of them accept that, the sooner that they can move on with their lives.”

But it’s not just Felicity who has changed during the past few months. “I spent a lot of time talking with [showrunner] Beth [Schwartz] about Oliver when he gets out,” Amell noted, “because I felt like in the first episode this year, we were really trying to charge ahead with a lot of cool new ideas, but it didn’t necessarily lend the proper weight to what happened at the end of Season 6 in an episode that’s titled ‘Life Sentence.’ The first episode of Season 7 focused a lot on Oliver focusing on good behavior so that he could get released, and I was like, ‘Well, one way or the other, he’s been in there for five, seven months, whatever the case may be. He’s got at least 14 [or] 15 to go if he has good behavior.’ So we changed the focus a little bit.”

The “same thing happened when I read Episode 8,” which picks up after Oliver’s release, Amell continued. “I know they wanted Oliver back in the world, and he is, and in a new and exciting way. Concurrently, it felt like we were treating my experience at Slabside like I spent a night in county jail. In actuality, even for Oliver, it was a pretty horrific experience.”

All the little tweaks add up to a picture of a man who’s been to hell and back. “The first time that you see Oliver [in Episode 8], we came up with a really interesting way, I think, of showing what prison life did to him without really bashing people over the head with it,” Amell teased.

• Love 1

More media articles from that Nov. 14 set visit (they're basically reporting on the same SA comments, plus some RG/JH comments)...

ARROW INTERVIEW: STEPHEN AMELL ON POST-PRISON OLIVER, WHAT'S NEXT FOR OLICITY AND MORE!
CARLA DAY November 26, 2018
https://www.tvdiehard.com/2018/11/arrow-interview-stephen-amell-olicity.html

Arrow: Oliver's "Slabside Redemption" Has Changed Him Forever
Last updated by Chris E. Hayner on Nov 26, 2018
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/arrow-olivers-slabside-redemption-has-changed-him-/1100-6463429/

Arrow: Stephen Amell Previews What’s Next After “The Slabside Redemption”
November 26, 2018  Craig Byrne
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-stephen-amell-previews-whats-next-after-the-slabside-redemption/

How Arrow Is Changing Oliver And Felicity's Relationship, According To Stephen Amell
BY LAURA HURLEY  NOVEMBER 26, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2462144/how-arrow-is-changing-oliver-and-felicitys-relationship-according-to-stephen-amell

How Arrow's Oliver Will Be Different After Getting Out Of Prison
 BY LAURA HURLEY  NOVEMBER 26, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2462142/how-arrows-oliver-will-be-different-after-getting-out-of-prison

Oliver's Future, According To Stephen Amell
By SYDNEY BUCKSBAUM   November 26, 2018
https://www.bustle.com/p/what-that-arrow-fight-scene-means-for-olivers-future-according-to-stephen-amell-13190917

'Arrow': Stephen Amell Explains How Prison Changes Oliver
By JENNA ANDERSON - November 26, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/26/arrow-season-7-episode-7-oliver-queen-prison-stephen-amell/

'Arrow' Stars On Whether Team Arrow As We Know It Is Really Over
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/27/arrow-is-team-arrow-as-we-know-it-really-over-/

'Arrow': What's Next for Diaz After "The Slabside Redemption"?
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/27/arrow-slabside-redemption-diaz-oliver-what-next/

And here's those comments straight from SA's mouth...

Arrow Interview: Stephen Amell on Oliver After Prison
Published on Nov 26, 2018, by TV Diehard

-- On whether we'll see changes in Oliver post-prison, SA: "Yeah. We - I spent a lot of time talking with Beth about - about Oliver when he gets out because I felt like in the first episode this year, we were really trying to charge ahead with a lot of cool new ideas. But it didn't necessarily lend the proper weight to what happened at the end of Season 6, in an episode that's titled 'Life Sentence.' You know, one of the first drafts in the early part in the first episode of Season 7 focused a lot on Oliver - focusing on good behavior so that he would get released. I was like, well, I mean, one way or the other, he's been in there for five or seven months, whatever the case may be. What, he's got at least 14 or 15 to go if he has good behavior. So we changed the focus a little bit. Same thing happened when I read Episode 8. I know they wanted Oliver back in the world and he is, in a new and exciting way. Concurrently, it felt like we were treating my experience in Slabside like I spent a night in county jail, right? When in actuality, even for Oliver, it was a pretty horrific experience. So I did want a change in him. I wanted a change in him in the way that he interacts with people, with the public, and even so far as his wardrobe. I went to Maya, and I'm like, 'Oliver's in his mid-30s, he's a former politician. I want him to dress a little bit more like he used to dress for Sunday brunch at the Queen mansion.' I mean, WASP-y's the's wrong word, but it's not totally the wrong word. But that's not what we're going for. But I wanted him to, you know - in the first episode that I'm out [708], we have me going to a gala and, um, I was sort of in the same suit that I would wear as the mayor. I didn't like that. So we pushed that in a different direction. And, um - part of the fun of this year is, I've pitched a bunch of stuff and I think - not the opening scene of Episode 8, but the first time that you see Oliver, we came up with a really interesting way, I think, of showing what prison life did to him without really bashing people over the head with it."

-- On how Oliver sees his role as protector of the city after coming out of prison, SA: "He runs into the new Green Arrow, or runs into the new Green Arrow’s exploits pretty quickly. But, coming out of prison, he gets asked that specific question very early on, like, 'What are you going to do?' and he says, 'I’m going to try and do what you guys did, which is just find a different way to help the city.' We come up with that idea pretty quickly, but I think one of the fun things is it’s not Oliver who comes up with it.""

-- On whether Oliver will regret his decision to leave Diaz alive and whether that decision will affect his relationship with Felicity, SA: "His decision to leave Diaz alive will not influence his relationship with Felicity. Um, but I think it's going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he's very close with. I don't know if he'll come to regret the decision, actually. Probably. But, you know, those are the - maybe that's part of the new Oliver post-prison, is those are the decisions that he has to live with, you know, even if ultimately the best thing to do would've been to not leave him alive. Um, we shall see." 

-- On the Olicity reunion and Oliver's reaction to the new version of Felicity, SA: "We have some really fantastic scenes in [Episode] 8. I mean, obviously we, um, see each other for the first time at the end of [Episode] 7. But then pretty quickly I learn that a lot of the stuff that Diaz was saying about Felicity is true. And I thought the way that we worked it out, and we do work it out pretty quickly, um, we come to an understanding that nothing's ever going to be perfect. I - we - one of the other things that we talked about a lot is, Oliver can't live in a normal apartment building anymore. Right? ... Actually, I thought that they should militarize the Queen mansion. I got shot down. I don't think we could afford to do that!  Um, but, uh - nothing's ever going to be perfect or normal about our relationship, and I think that the sooner that the two of them accept that, um, the sooner that they can move on with their lives." 

-- On whether the horrible things that were done on Level Two to break the cycle of violence is ultimately going to be a positive thing for Oliver going forward, SA: "Absolutely. It teaches him a net lesson. Um, I think the person who's trying to teach him that didn't use the most nice tactics to get him there. So I think the lesson's a little less black and white. But it definitely teaches him something. And it's addressed, I think, in the first episode after he leaves prison, in sort of what is his new mantra is going to be if and when he puts the suit back on."

Edited by tv echo

From SA facebook live on Nov. 29...
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/vb.146921975393078/339055653550253

-- SA said that he's "extremely excited" for people to see Monday's episode (708-Unmasked), saying: "It's a very fun episode to play... It felt like a reset for me, to say nothing of the fact that I got to shave my beard, which I did immediately after 707. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but directly after the final scene, I went and before I even took the blood off of my face, I shaved. Can't do any pickups. That's my trick. But, uh, yeah! It was nice to get rid of the beard. And this episode coming up is really cool. It, in a lot of ways, is our midseason - well, not midseason finale but winter finale, because the crossover, as always, sort of stands on its own. But please tune in, it's a great episode."

-- Fan: "Is there going to be another villain this season. I know Diaz is a series regular, but that doesn't mean he's the main villain." SA: "That's correct. That is correct."

-- On whether we're going to see more of Stan in the near future, SA: "I love how people call him 'Stan' and not 'Stanley,' my buddy in prison who turned out to be a total sociopath. Uh, look, if he escaped from prison and he's alive, ehhh, probably see him again. But I'm so glad that people responded so well to Brendan. It was really fun working with him. You know, I was very isolated during that stretch, from people that I'm so used to working with all the time, Emily and David and Rick and Juliana and Echo - I'm going to forget somebody and it's really not on purpose. But I was isolated. And - oh, Katie, I'm sorry, jesus. But I was isolated and that was difficult, so, you know, Brendan and I got a lot of work to do together. And Michael Jai White, who I thought the reaction to in that episode was amazing. Cody. Uh, Vinnie Jones. All the people who made my stay at Slabside a little bit more palatable and the storyline for Stephen a little bit more palatable, I appreciate them. But Brendan was fantastic to work with... A lot of questions about Stanley."

-- SA: "David Ramsey just finished directing his first episode... It was wonderful being directed by him. But it also proved to me the reason why I don't want to direct an episode of the show, because he had to be out of the previous episode for prep, he had to be out a little bit the next episode to go cut it, and, um, shooting scenes that he was in but also directing, I wouldn't say it was a quagmire, but it wasn't something that I would enjoy."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow First Look: Katherine McNamara Gets Punchy as Street Fighter Maya
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 29 2018, 9:00 AM PST
https://tvline.com/2018/11/29/arrow-photo-katherine-mcnamara-maya-season-7-episode-8/

Katherine McNamara officially enters the Arrow ring — or cage, as it may be — in TVLine’s first, exclusive photo from her debut on the CW series.

As TVLine previously reported, the Shadowhunters star will fill a pivotal Season 7 role as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The initial — and unofficial — casting notice for the character, who first appears in the Monday, Dec. 3 episode, titled “Unmasked,” likened her to “Buffy the Superhero Slayer.” Check out the full photo below, of Maya getting ready to slug it out with a brute.
arrow-season-7-episode-8-katherine-mcnam 

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow' Star Juliana Harkavy Explains Why a Dystopian Future Does Not Discredit Present-Day Heroics
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 29, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/harkavy-says-team-arrow-doesnt-suck-at-their-jobs/

The city is in shambles, essentially lawless and ruled by criminals. It looks like the darkest parts of some of Arrow's darkest seasons -- and it seems this is the new normal years into the show's future. So fans have been asking: was it all pointless? Was everything Team Arrow did in the first six years of the show for nothing?

"I don’t think so," series star Juliana Harkavy told ComicBook.com during a recent visit to the set. "I actually don’t know what’s going to happen in the show. I don’t know how they are going to write the actual future or end of the show, or anything like that. I also think that the future we’re seeing, in my mind, it’s not the ultimate future, it’s not necessarily the end, it’s a part of the future."
"A lot of people are saying they’re disheartened by how down and depraved our city has become, and they’re saying, what’s the point of it all if it’s gonna be that dark?" Harkavy admitted. "But we don’t know that it’s gonna end there. That’s just a portion that we’re looking at."

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara Teases ARROW, "Twisted" SHADOWHUNTERS Finale & Dream Role
Published on Nov 29, 2018, by Shine On Media

We caught up with Katherine McNamara at the premiere of Netflix's MOWGLI: LEGEND OF THE JUNGLE to talk about the final episodes of #Shadowhunters, what she's learned from the role, the fandom, Lily Collins plus she teases her role as Maya on #Arrow and more. #KatherineMcNamara

-- KM: "The biggest challenge so far that Arrow has brought me is not being able to talk about it, because there's so many things that I'm dying to share that I can't... I'd like to keep this job because I really, really adore this character and all of these people. They've been the kindest and welcomed me with open arms and also allowed me to really come into my own in this character and do something completely different. You know, where Clary was the beacon of hope who is the source of love and hope and joy and never giving up for the Shadowhunters, this character was raised in a very harsh, very hard world and she's a product of it. So she operates more under the guise of punch first, ask questions later. And she's not one to be underestimated or messed with... It's really different. It's really exciting."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

INTERVIEW: ARROW’S KATHERINE MCNAMARA
by Charles Trapunski November 30, 2018
http://brieftake.com/interview-arrow-katherine-mcnamara/

Everyone has their dream interview and one of ours has been to chat with the brilliantly talented Katherine McNamara. Well our dream came true yesterday (getting to speak with her as an exclusive too!) as she gets set to recur on Arrow in the newly created role of street fighter Maya (a character that doesn’t appear in the comic books).
BT: Talk about an exciting trip, from Toronto for Shadowhunters to Vancouver for Arrow! What can you say about your arc on Arrow?
KM:
I can’t say much, yet! And that’s probably the hardest part about joining the Arrow family, not being able to say anything. You know, there’s so much depth and richness to this character, and it’s soul food for my actor’s soul. Getting to join this new universe, Beth Schwartz, the new showrunner of the show, is really taking it back to its origins of being dark and gritty and truly pushing the limit, which is something Arrow has always done. Maya grew up in an environment that was very hard and very harsh and was forced to learn to simply survive, and she’s a product of that. So she’s very much a punch first, ask questions later kind of gal. [laughs] She’s certainly not one to be messed with or underestimated. So it’s exciting to be a part of this season.

BT: You have many tools in your actor’s arsenal. Is hand-to-hand combat one of them?
KM:
Not before Shadowhunters! But when I came into the show, it was part of the process of it, and I was fortunate enough to be able to learn with my character in a sense. But we had some incredible stunt coordinators who took me from not knowing how to throw a punch or hold a sword, to being able to do about 95% of my fighting and stunts by the end of season 2. It’s been such a gift, and they’ve taught me so much about being a human and being a fighter. And I have the utmost gratitude and respect for them, and now getting to carry that on into Arrow is incredible. Now playing a boxer and someone who fights for a living basically, it’s a really fun thing.
BT: What would you like viewers to look out for on Arrow?
KM:
Something that has been so great is seeing the Shadowhunters fandom and the Arrow fandom really come together in this strange amalgamation of worlds. [laughs] The characters are so different, and I think that is one thing that people will notice right off the bat, which is that where Clary was a beacon of hope and love and community for the Shadowhunters world, Maya is very much a realist and often a cynic in many aspects, and she doesn’t have much hope in her life. But who knows, maybe that will change. [giggles] There’s a lot to happen and a lot to dig into with this character, but moving forward, I hope to have the opportunity to play characters like these that are interesting, and keep growing and changing and learning. My favourite thing is when I read a script and it scares me a little bit, and I question whether or not I can actually accomplish it, because that’s a challenge and an opportunity for growth and learning, and that’s what I strive for in life.
Katherine McNamara’s first appearance on Arrow airs on Monday December 3 on The CW! Shadowhunters returns on Monday February 25. Read more about Kat on her Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts, as well as on her IMDB Page. 

Edited by tv echo

Arrow - Unmasked - Advance Preview
Posted by Lisa Macklem at December 03, 2018 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/12/arrow-unmasked-advance-preview.html

Arrow “Unmasked” was written by the team of Oscar Balderrama and Beth Schwartz and was directed by Alexandra La Roche. The title should give you some idea of what to expect in the episode… but it works on several levels. I can tell you that Katherine McNamara joins the cast as “Street Fighter Maya” – but you’ll have to tune it to see where – or when – her character turns up! Oh! And she’s a blonde, not a redhead…

Opening sequence of a pretty intense workout on rings. Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) re-entry to society is not seamless. Oliver is anxious about his re-integration into society. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) runs interference for Oliver. We get to see almost everyone dressed up, which is always fun.

Great fight scene. Really good rooftop chase scene. Nice hallway fight scene too!

Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) makes a surprising suggestion to Rene (Rick Gonzalez). Oliver hasn’t lost his reflexes - and proves it in two scenes.

Oliver and Rene work together to help Dinah. Felicity does something that shocks Oliver. There’s a great, classic Oliver/Diggle (David Ramsey) scene.

Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) has information on the Dante painting. Lyla and Diggle do something epically stupid.

In the flash forward, William (Ben Lewis), Zoe (Andrea Sixtos), and Dinah follow the lead on Blackstar to somewhere they’ve been before – that looks totally different. There’s some fun stuff with the set – then and now – or now and then…. Time travel is so confusing! Dinah shows William something cool that she got from Oliver.

This is a pretty fast paced episode. It sets up a number of surprises to leave us with a lot of questions going into the December break – after the crossover event, of course! Don’t forget to tune in to the CW, Monday at 8/9c!

And  few dialogue teases:

We do this together.
She seems easy to talk to.
Oh. I’m always right!
Like I said. I’d love to talk.
If we get recognized here, we’ve got big trouble.
This should be fun.
You’ll always be the best part of me.
You’re looking for skeletons.
Let’s hope you’re not rusty!
This is me because of you.
As long as I get paid, you can ask for whatever you want.
You were right. This is going to be dangerous.
We’re friends with her now?
Our institutions have a long way to go before they achieve true justice.
You gotta be kidding me.

Edited by tv echo

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018: Diggle and Harper Panel
Published on Dec 3, 2018, by steven alvarez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV3ok4Kqy4s

-- Mod (to CH): "A lot of people are referring to you as Old Man Roy, but you're actually Diggle's age? Pretty much? How are you feeling about that?" (DR reaction and audience laughter) DR: "I was not expecting that... You're asking me? Twenty years in the future, you're actually my present age? I don't know how I feel about that. Um, I don't know, I mean (Looks down at himself) I look pretty good. But, you know, we haven't seen Diggle in the future yet. And, um, I think you guys are going to get a nice treat, um, in the crossover."

-- When mod asked if DR missed OTA, CH interjected: "Would I be OTA? Because technically I'm OTA... Wow. Okay, I thought I was OTA. I guess not. (To DR) What's it like to be a part of OTA?" DR: "Um, I miss it. I miss it."  On whether we'll get back to OTA now that Oliver is out of jail, DR: "Yeah, but not for a while. I mean, it's 22 episodes, a long, long season... Yeah, you got to draw it out. Make it somewhat dramatic. But yeah, that's the core. I think the show will ultimately get back to that. But there's a lot of story to be told. Obviously, new characters and finding out who this Arrow is. There's flashforwards. There's a lot of stuff. So it's a big story, a big arc this season." 

-- On 711, DR: "Now that I've directed, I know secrets." CH: "Can you tell me later? ... What it was like directing?" DR: "I wish you were in it." CH: "I wish I was too." DR: "I had maybe 18 notes, 18 notes from Stephen, and he knew what I was going to say 7 out of 8 times. He's so on it. He's just really, really - I know that working with him, but directing him, you see it. You see him working it out, right there. He's just really, really good at his role, can't overestimate him."

- On whether we'll see any present time William or Roy in this season of Arrow, CH (after pause): "How do I get around this question? Um... (long pause) ... Yes, stay tuned... They're probably going to fire me anyway... I'm kidding. Hopefully." 

-- On Diggle's relationship with Lyla now that Oliver is free, DR: "That's a good question. Well, um, what can I say, what can I say, what can I say? ... Um, Lyla and Diggle - you know, there is no foundry anymore, or the - whatever it was called - the lair. I'll give you a little spoiler. You're going to see it again, the lair. We're going to get back there. Um, so ARGUS kind of works as the lair right now, everyone is in ARGUS. Um. (Long pause) The relationship - there's only so much I can say because there's a lot they want to do with Lyla and Diggle that has a lot to do with Team Arrow and where we go with this arc, in this future arc. So, uh, ARGUS plays a big role in that. And, uh, I can't say any more than that because I'll be really giving a huge secret away in terms of Diggle's future. But speaking of Diggle's future, all I can say is this: there's a big tease about Diggle's future in the crossover. And Lyla, who knows." 

-- DR: "Spartan does return."

-- CH: "It's so cool coming back. Um,I wish I got to work with, you know, OTA. So far, I'm working with... NTA? ... Future Team Arrow? Ooh,  that did not work... It's been really cool because I got to work with Ben, who plays Future William. Awesome. Good friend.... And I just love being around them. As of now, I'm not fully working with them yet. There's the possibility in the future for that."

-- On whether we'll see Diggle's son, DR: "I think you will see his son, Connor Hawke, I guess... I don't know if you'll see him in the same way, because that was a possible future. So, um - Flash just messed up everything. (Audience laughs) It's really true. So, um - yeah, I said it, Grant... So I think there's that. And also, the second part of ... I can't say nothing about it."

-- On who he would trade places with if he could switch with anyone on Arrow, CH: "Felicity. Not just 'cause she - never mind... I was going to say it, but I think he's too young. Yeah, Felicity, because she's a strong character. She has great storylines too. So probably Felicity, she has an amazing arc and she's got amazing stuff to do. But that would mean Emily would have to play Roy Harper."  DR: "It'd probably be Katie. I think Black Siren just has a lot of story... There's a lot you can tell with that story... A lot of redemption. A lot of falling back to her old Laurels." (Laughter)

Edited by tv echo