Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 7

• Start Topic

New Arrow Boss: 'It's Possible You Might See

' in Season 7

By Matt Webb Mitovich  August 23 2018

For Felicity Smoak, Season 7 of The CW’s Arrow will bring news both good andbad.

Speaking to the former, new showrunner Beth Schwartz shared with TVLine (as part of our in-depth Fall Preview) “a tease that I think you might be excited about….”

Continuing with her tease, Schwartz said, “It has to do with Smoak Tech. It’s possible you might see something like that this season.” And that news surely will delight those who have clamored for Arrow‘s original tech genius to get solo billing on her own biz, which was first glimpsed during Legends of Tomorrow‘s visit to the not-too-distant future.

As for the aforementioned bad news: Schwartz affirmed that with husband Oliver behind bars — in supermax, no less — for at least the first stretch of Season 7, “Felicity is definitely coping the worst, I would say,” out of all Team Arrow members. “It’s been tough for her.”

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. TV Line using "spoiler" in the article title screwed up the formatting and the board won't let me fix it. 

New Arrow Boss: 'It's Possible You Might See

' in Season 7

By Matt Webb Mitovich  August 23, 2018

For Felicity Smoak, Season 7 of The CW’s Arrow will bring news both good andbad.

Speaking to the former, new showrunner Beth Schwartz shared with TVLine (as part of our in-depth Fall Preview) “a tease that I think you might be excited about….”

Continuing with her tease, Schwartz said, “It has to do with Smoak Tech. It’s possible you might see something like that this season.” And that news surely will delight those who have clamored for Arrow‘s original tech genius to get solo billing on her own biz, which was first glimpsed during Legends of Tomorrow‘s visit to the not-too-distant future.

As for the aforementioned bad news: Schwartz affirmed that with husband Oliver behind bars — in supermax, no less — for at least the first stretch of Season 7, “Felicity is definitely coping the worst, I would say,” out of all Team Arrow members. “It’s been tough for her.”

I give up, LOL. Sorry.

Arrow’s Black Canary Pushing To Bring A Piece of Comics Continuity to TV
Meagan Damore   August 24, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-season-7-black-canary-band/

Juliana Harkavy is ready to rock Arrow Season 7. At Comic-Con International in San Diego, the Black Canary actor revealed she has been pushing for her character’s band to appear on The CW series.

Asked if Season 7 will include any more Dinah-centric flashbacks, Harkavy said, “I spoke to [showrunner] Beth [Schwartz] a little bit about that and I hope so, because those were some of my favorite parts about Dinah’s story, seeing little bits and pieces of where she came from. There are like little things that they drop that I love that are these little gems, like in Season 5 mentioning that she liked to garden. She found an apartment with a garden. I love all those little things about Dinah that show her — just the minutia of her character that you would not expect. So I hope for more stuff like that. I’ve been pushing the band. She has a band in the comics, so I keep bringing up she should start something musical. I would love that.”

“I play piano and guitar. Some flute, but I don’t know if that would be her instrument,” she added with a laugh. “Just in costume, with the flute.”

Dinah hit the road as lead singer of a band in 2015’s Black Canary DC Comics series by Brenden Fletcher and Annie Wu. Though a reluctant rock star, she stuck with the band — redubbed Black Canary — out of a sense of duty, but soon became fiercely protective of its members. She left the band after the series concluded with issue #12.
Black Canary’s band isn’t the only thing Harkavy hopes to see in Season 7. “I just hope that [Dinah] grows into herself. One thing I love about Dinah is she’s not a perfect character. She’s got darkness in her, and she messes up, and she gets mad at her team. She’s not a perfect character, and so I think that just her growing into herself and trying to not just redeem herself but mature as a vigilante, as a cop, and just become the Black Canary. She’s still growing into her title. So I’m excited for all of that,” she shared.

Edited by tv echo

Cody Rhodes is shooting two more Arrow episodes after his "All In" event (on Sep. 1)...

INTERVIEW: We’re ALL IN With CODY on the Story Behind Wrestling’s Biggest Independent Show
08/24/2018 11:30 AM BY DAVEY NIEVES 
http://www.comicsbeat.com/interview-were-all-in-with-cody-on-the-story-behind-wrestlings-biggest-independent-show/

... This week we got to talk with CODY about what ALL IN means to the wrestling industry and his own future.
THE BEAT: Just real quick before we let you go. You’ll be back as Derek Sampson on Arrow this season for a longer run. Are you still filming that or have you wrapped your episodes?
CODY: No, I have two more episodes to go back and do after All In. Which is nice because I was afraid I’d be running all the way up to All In. I don’t know if you’ve seen the trailer but I’m going from a villain of the week to being around a group of villains of the week. Being around guys like Vinnie Jones is such a great learning experience for me.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Team Arrow Will Get Some New Costumes in Season 7
08.26.2018  by Meagan Damore
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-season-7-new-costumes/

... According to Beth Schwartz, Arrow‘s new showrunner, Season 7 will introduce some new costumes for its cast, though she didn’t specify exactly who will be rocking a new suit.

“There are some new costumes,” she revealed at Comic-Con International in San Diego. “I can’t really tease anything else. I’m sorry! But you guys are going to be so excited. I cannot wait for everyone to see this season.”

Edited by tv echo

Steven McCoy was live with Rick Gonzalez.
August 30 at 2:30 PM · 
#SessionswithStevenLIVE w/ Rick Gonzalez. He Talks His HIT CW Show #Arrow and MORE!

-- RG: "We're in episode 5 right now. We're coming up on episode 6."

-- RG also said that Beth Schwartz has been very careful about no spoilers and "making sure that the fans have their surprises in store for them when this premiere happens." 

-- RG: "I think this season is going be a very transitional season for our show, especially because we have Beth and because she's going to infuse new ideas and a new energy into our show."

-- On what we can expect from Rene this season, RG said that Oliver's in prison and being a vigilante is outlawed, but that it was Oliver's wish that they continue fighting for Star City and for what's right, "so we're all interpreting that in our own way... Especially in the beginning of this season, we're going to tackle that immediately and kind of show fans, like, where each character is in terms of them interpreting Oliver's directive for all of us, in terms of keep fighting for the city, keep doing what's right. So, um, that's kind of the journey for Rene this year, is just kind of seeing where the chips fall in terms of him being a vigilante or not being a vigilante, and how he interprets that, and him being, you know, a father. And, um, you know, does he jeopardize that? Does he not? You know. He's kind of a hot-headed guy and he goes off instinct in terms of, like, you know, how he feels. So I think all of those questions are going to be answered this year right away." RG also said that he's "very excited" about Rene's character arc this season.

-- RG: "Again, I wish I could give stuff to you guys. But I just want people to, like, be excited for the premiere and, like, everything that we're going to drop on them. Especially within these first four, five episodes, there's going to be so many bombs dropped, it's crazy... I feel like this is a very transitional period for us... in a really beautiful way, you know, for the characters to rediscover themselves... With Oliver being in jail, I mean, it just creates a brand new arc for each character." 

-- RG: "Our theme this year is redemption, which is pretty powerful,.. Redemption is an arc in itself, right? Because you start at one place and get the redemption at the end, right? So that's an arc in itself for each character. And that's what we're exploring."

Edited by tv echo

Possible yet somewhat vague s7 reddit spoilers

https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/9cl4hy/spoilers_various_information_for_this_season_of/

Character known as “Desmond” is an early foe for Oliver in Prison. In a recent promo you see Oliver hit someone with a weight…he is striking Desmond.

Rene actually has an interesting storyline. Builds his character.

Dinah is basically a replacement for Lance in regards to her being our perspective of SCPD

For those worried the prison story won’t be interesting and will drag out…think again.

Early on at least, apart from Oliver and Roy, Felicity is the “Best of the Rest”. Probably the best she has been on the show storyline wise.

Won’t spoil anything regarding Roy, not fair. Great stuff.

The longbow hunters of Red Dart, Silencer and Kodiak are great. They are quite the threat early on. Can’t confirm if they are big bad yet.

Based on scheduling, Stephen Amell (Oliver) could be the only Arrow character in the crossover this season. While Flash and Supergirl could have a few.

Episode 4 is the best episode out of the opening 5 based on script.

What excites new showrunner Beth Schwartz most about having Oliver behind bars, shoulder-to-shoulder with many of the baddies he bested in the past, is “they’re all on the same playing field.” But wanting to be a model inmate and not make waves, Oliver will need to “make different moral choices because of the position he’s in.” Of course, since Oliver is the one who brokered the deal that traded his freedom for the feds’ help against Diaz — keeping wife Felicity in the dark — “He’s going to learn that might not have been the best idea!” says Schwartz. On the villain front, Diaz will resurface as “more of the Dragon” comic book character he’s based on, while the Longbow Hunters — an almost mythical band of assassins — will prove they are “in fact quite real.” As for Colton Haynes’ return as a series regular, Schwartz will only affirm that he is “definitely” playing the Earth-One Roy Harper that we know and Thea loves (loved?).

BONUS SPOILER!: Know how we previously reported that Felicity is coping the worst in the wake of Oliver’s imprisonment? Well, guess who is faring the best? “I would say Laurel,” Schwartz shares, confirming that the team’s Earth-Two frenemy is now Star City’s DA.

DmWafg8V4AAhR9v.jpg:large

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2018-season-premiere-spoilers/#!2/undefined/

Edited by Soulfire

2018 Fall TV Preview: NCIS, Grey's Anatomy and More Scoop on All Your Favorite Returning Shows
by CHRIS HARNICK & LAUREN PIESTER | Tue., Sep. 4, 2018
https://www.eonline.com/photos/25258/2018-fall-tv-preview-all-the-scoop-on-your-favorite-returning-shows/865752

ARROW (THE CW)

When to Watch: Monday, October 15 at 8 p.m. on the CW.

What to Expect: Oliver's big secret is out, which Stephen Amell said would lead to some "emotional" and "impactful" fallout. Namely, he's in prison, and things aren't going well. He'll have to face off against some of his old foes and do some pretty "reprehensible" things, but at least we get Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) back on the team! New showrunner Beth Schwartz is keeping things pretty under wraps this season, so we'll just have to see how things play out with so many major changes. 

Edited by tv echo

Another actress has posted audition videos for "Konomi Rhodes" (same audition scenes that were previously transcribed for Izzy Alan's audition for this role, posted on page 1 of this thread)...

Konomi  [Audition Scene 1]
Posted: September 4, 2018, by Grace Demarco

Konomi  [Audition Scene 2, Take 1]

Konomi  [Audition Scene 2, Take 2]

Alternative link for 701 promo pics (and also one 702 promo pic)...
https://tvline.com/gallery/arrow-season-7-photos/

Arrow's Felicity Is in the Pink (Yet Very Much Not) in New Season 7 Photos
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 10 2018,
https://tvline.com/2018/09/10/arrow-seaso-7-photos-felicity-pink-hair-visits-oliver-prison/

Surveying the couple’s situation, showrunner Beth Schwartz told TVLine, “What I found most interesting about what they’re going through this season is that having your husband in prison is really challenging on its own. But the fact that your husband is the Green Arrow, and everyone knows your husband is the Green Arrow, is a second challenge that couple will have.”

Edited by tv echo

I received my new TV Guide Magazine in the mail yesterday. It's the "Returning Favorites" issue (September 17-30, 2018, Double Issue). From page 34:

ARROW
Oct. 15, 8/7c, The CW
With Oliver (Stephen Amell) in jail for vigilantism, Star City is in trouble. Villainous Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is torn between going legit and seeking revenge on Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) for killing her father (Paul Blackthorne), says exec producer Beth Schwartz. Meanwhile, Team Arrow - which welcomes back Roy (Colton Haynes) - will struggle with their responsibilities. One no-no: visiting their leader. "Prison is not great for Ollie," Schwartz says.

Online TV Guide write-up about Arrow is different from print magazine...

Fall TV 2018: What You Need to Know About Your Returning Favorites
By Kaitlin Thomas | Sep 12, 2018
https://www.tvguide.com/news/fall-tv-2018-returning-shows-walking-dead-greys-anatomy-supernatural-spoilers

Arrow (The CW)
Returns: Monday, Oct. 15 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: After partnering with the FBI to take down Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), Oliver (Stephen Amell) ended up going to prison for being the Green Arrow. UGH. What's worse, Diaz escaped at the last second and Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) managed to successfully take over Laurel's identity on Earth-1. Talk about your bad luck!

What's Next: With the Green Arrow tightly locked away in jail, you'd think Star City would be in major trouble, but frankly, we're more worried about Oliver. His fellow inmates have it in for him, and jail isn't a safe place for the former mayor and vigilante extraordinaire to be. There also appears to be a new archer in town though, and we've got a few theories about who it could be. After all, Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is returning full time to the show this year!

Edited by tv echo

From video of full "Arrow Vets" panel at HVFF-NJ on Sep. 8...

Arrow : David Ramsey and Colton Haynes HVFF New Jersey 2018
Published on Sep 12, 2018, by Fan Fest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOTlWamFho

-- CH: "This beard is not working out." DR: "I like the beard. Jeesh[not sure of word]!" CH: "The beard's for work. Otherwise I would shave it. So that's one of the only spoilers I can give you, so-" DR: "Oh, the beard's for work... What kind of work are you doing that requires a beard, Colton Haynes?" CH: "Well, I work on a television show, uh, called Arrow, as you guys know, now I'm back. And, um, now I have to have a beard. And not get haircuts. So that's - you know, how much that makes me upset. But I still love being on the show. But I'd like to somehow find my face back."

-- CH: "I can say that, um, you're not going to - you have no idea what my character's - what's going to happen to him this year. You're not going to recognize me and you're not going to have any idea what's happening." DR: "That's right. Because you're going to take off your mask. And you're going to be Diggle." CH: "That would be my dream. To look like you. Yeah." DR: "Oh, that's so nice. We are dating." CH: "I would get so much if I looked like you."

-- On whether Roy was getting an updated suit, since he gave his Arsenal suit to Thea, CH: "I don't know if Roy is coming back as Roy, if he's coming back as Arsenal. I don't know what - if he's coming back as Superman. I don't know... I'm not sure where the suit is at the moment. I can say that."

-- On whether they see their characters fighting for the GA suit now that Oliver is in jail, DR: "That's pretty good. That's a good one. Who asked that? Hey, girl!" CH: "That's a great question. Um, I've had the suit before. (To DR) And so have you. Oh, they better not make us like rivals." DR: "That would suck." CH: "If we're figh- obviously I'd lose, but -" DR: "No, no, I think Diggle would - it wouldn't be easy." CH: "Don't you already have your suit, though?" DR: "I think we're beyond that. I mean, here's the quick answer to your question and the real answer to your question... I think there's part of a message that the show was trying to say other people wanted the suit... I think we're getting away from that. I think that's not really our story, our show. Green Arrow is Green Arrow. Oliver Queen... And though I think other people have worn the suit, it's like the cowl on Bruce Wayne, right? That's who he is. So, um, no. The answer is that you won't find John Diggle and Roy Harper fighting over the Green Arrow suit. No. That won't happen."

-- Male Fan: "Hi, my name is Dash. And my question is, why is everybody seemingly okay with Evil Laurel Lance just walking around in society, like, she's already outed as the Black Canary, she's supposed to be dead, and, like, the good guys just don't seem to care at all that she's taking over their Laurel's life, like, how do the characters react to that?"  DR: "It's a great question. It's a very good question. Um, I think they're going to address that more this season. That's the quick answer to it. But I also think there's, um - I can't speak for the writers of the show, but I've been an actor on the show for seven seasons and I know that the John Diggle and Felicity Smoak characters particularly have been conduits used to help our lead, Oliver Queen, regain his humanity. Okay? Oliver Queen from Season 1 is totally different than the Oliver Queen in Season 6. (CH interjected, "Especially this season.")  Especially this season. So, I think, part of this is about his understanding of redemption. Like I said, I can't speak for them. But, from my vantage point, that's how I read the character. So I read part of what the allowance that he gives to this new Laurel, and the, um, license he gives to her to change, is almost a mirror image of himself being able to change. And also he feels guilty, right? About the death of the original Laurel Lance. But the bigger story to your question of, you know, just in the whole world of the city, how are they allowing her to kind of assume this new life, I think they will get to that. But part of this - part of this was - because all of these stories lead to our lead, Oliver Queen, right? So that's why I always go back to him. So I think that's part of what the writers want to show is, how this relates to Oliver. But I think some of what you're asking will be addressed this season."

-- CH: "I think that Roy and Thea will always love each other. I really don't know if Roy's going to have - I promise, I don't know this. I'm not lying. I don't know if there's going to be a love interest for Roy this season. But if there is, it's going to be kind of hard to top not having Thea."

-- On whether they saw their characters developing the way they did on the show, CH: "The development now, especially with this season, I did not see this coming. Like, I have no idea how that - what you guys are going to do." DR: "The few things I know about this season, and this is exactly what Colton is saying, like, I had no idea where they're going, your head might explode, and the asthma attack might return." CH: "You can't explain it. So, no, I have no idea, at all. You'll see. October 15th."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

EXCLUSIVE: ‘ARROW’ Season 7 to Feature DC Villain Javelin
Charles Murphy   September 13, 2018
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/09/exclusive-arrow-season-7-to-feature-dc-villain-javelin/

We know that the upcoming 7th season of Arrow, set to premiere this fall, will see Oliver Queen behind bars, leaving Team Arrow to pick up the pace. While Oliver is sure to have his hand full in prison with former enemies and some less than friendly guards, we now know the big bad that the rest of the team will be dealing with in addition to the Longbow Hunters. DC Comics villain Javelin is coming to town!
DC Comics have typically portrayed Javelin as a German Olympic athlete and a thorn in the side of Hal Jordan. He’s been given a bit of an update here, but interestingly enough his Olympic origins may still come into play as a link to Team Arrow member Curtis Holt.

Described as smart and ruthless, Leonard Gibbons, aka Javelin, is a French chemical weapons trader. In the midst of a huge ongoing deal, he does business with an undercover Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific, bringing Team Arrow squarely into the mix. The studio is currently on the lookout for a French-speaking male in his 30s to take on what was described as a “large principle role.”

Certainly a character like Javelin, with his assortment of tricky spear-based weapons and high level of athletic skill fits in just fine in the Arrowverse. We know that Holt was himself an Olympic athlete, having won a bronze in the 2008 decathlon, so it’ll be interesting to see what shared history, if any, the two men have.

Edited by tv echo

New Arrow boss says Oliver makes 'questionable choices to survive' prison in season 7

Chancellor Agard, September 14, 2008

Arrow is shooting off into a new chapter in season 7, which begins with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) behind bars after his unmasking as Star City’s resident vigilante. But there’s been an even bigger change behind the scenes as Beth Schwartz, who started on the series as a writer in its inaugural season, has taken over as show­runner. Here, she gets to the point about Arrow’s new season.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What are the challenges of taking over a show in its seventh season?
BETH SCHWARTZ: The challenges are sort of: How do we tell new stories? How do we shake things up? I always like to go into the writers’ room and say, “What have we never done before? How can we tell a story differently, from a fresh perspective?”

What is this season’s theme?
Redemption. It hits all of our characters, especially Oliver being in prison. [After] the way things ended last season, he’s got to prove himself to part of the city he’s been lying to for six years. He was their mayor and the Green Arrow, and they had no idea. Everyone’s got mixed opinions about him as a person, and he’s going to have to redeem himself through the season.

How does the theme of redemption touch the other characters? 
As we showed in the trailer for the season, there haven’t been vigilantes in five months. It’s actually illegal. So they all have to kind of, the same way that Oliver has to rebuild himself, they have to figure out what it means to be a hero in the city without going out as a vigilante. They all turn to something different.

How is Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) handling Oliver being in jail? I remember we got a lot of questions about this during Comic-Con. 
We’re going to see a different side to Felicity than we’ve ever seen. She wasn’t in on the decision that Oliver made — the deal he made which led him to prison — so she’s going to take matters into her own hands a lot this season. She’s going to fight back, and we’re just going to see a different side to her that I think the fans are going to be really excited about. That’s all I can say.

. . . 

According to Stephen, Oliver is pretty unheroic at the beginning of the season. Why did it make sense to take the character in that direction? 
I think the cool part of him being in prison is that having a hero be in prison is very challenging, especially for Oliver. Just being able to survive prison, similar to when he was on Lian-Yu, he has to make some questionable choices to survive. We sort of wanted to write to the real of what that situation would look like if he was locked up with a bunch of previous villains that he’d previously put in there, and they’re now on the same playing field. There’s so much conflict there. He can’t do things the way he did them as the Green Arrow. The rules are different in prison.

• Love 3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/17/arrow-season-7-villain-spoilers-brick-oliver-prison-stephen-amell-photos

The heroes of the Arrowverse have had plenty of brushes with the law over the years (heck, Barry Allen even did jail time for murder on The Flash), but none of them have sacrificed their secret identities the way Oliver Queen did last season on Arrow, admitting his role as the Green Arrow and handing himself over to the FBI in an attempt to stop Ricardo Diaz from taking control of Star City. Unfortunately for Oliver, Diaz escaped, living to scheme another day, while our hero is now behind bars.

For a superhero show, it's a bold, game-changing choice, and one that has proved both challenging and rewarding for star Stephen Amell, who has now been portraying Oliver Queen for the better part of a decade.

"Normally I have a really good overall view of the season; the interesting thing thus far this season is, I had a scene [recently] and it was the first time that I had worked with a series regular in months, because Oliver’s very isolated in prison, obviously," he revealed when speaking to IGN about the upcoming season. "The prison stuff, it’s really gritty. And we beat Oliver down. There’s one episode where I spend the entire episode in one room. That’s it, and it was just two straight days of super, super interesting and intense stuff that I don’t think we’ve really done on the show. We’ve never taken a character and isolated him and examined him psychologically the way we have this year with Oliver ... So that sort of examination has been a really interesting exercise for me."

Fans will recognize returning stars Cody Runnels (aka pro wrestler Cody Rhodes) as Derek Sampson, Michael Jai White as Ben Turner (aka Bronze Tiger), and Vinnie Jones as Danny "Brick" Brickwell in the new images, and needless to say, Oliver isn't their favorite person.

"He’s in prison with a bunch of people that he basically put there. And I would say that Brick is kind of the ringleader of the group. But the things that Oliver discovers about some of the prisoners, I think are a little bit unexpected for the first part of the season," Amell teased. "And there’s a couple of interesting employees in the prison, and there’s also an inmate that I don’t think Oliver ever thought he would see again."

Not everyone is out to beat the snot out of Oliver, however - some might see him as an ally; one of our photos sees Oliver standing beside an inmate named Stanley (Brendan Fletcher), with both of them looking a little worse for wear.

"Stanley and Oliver have a relationship where, when he first gets in there, he seeks out Oliver for help and for protection," Amell previewed. "And there's a very, very interesting scene, where Brick and his whole crew use Stanley as leverage against Oliver. And especially in the first episode, it really illustrates how far Oliver’s fallen, and how he’s had to cope with being in prison."

While fans might expect Oliver to try and establish himself as the Alpha dog in the yard to avoid becoming a target, Amell explained that he's mostly trying to "just keep his head down, and not to get into trouble. The viewers don’t know exactly how long Oliver’s sentence was for, but the finale of the previous season was called 'Life Sentence.' But there’s still an inkling that, with good behavior and with keeping your head down, maybe there’s an opportunity for him to eventually get out. So it’s strange, he’s struggling a ton with trying not to be the hero."

That doesn't mean we'll be deprived of fight scenes, though - if anything, Amell said, it feels like "things have ramped up. We have a fight scene in the first episode that, it’s actually dueling fight scenes, and it’s one of our best stunt achievements, I think. It was me for almost thirteen hours, just non-stop fighting. And it was amazing, and we couldn’t use a stunt double for it. We’ve only had that a couple of times in the history of the show. I like to do a lot of my own stunts, but in this instance, we physically could not have a double, and it was really something."

And while Oliver arguably has the skills to get himself out of prison if he needs to, he's playing by the rules for a reason, according to Amell: "One of the things that I chatted with the writers about is, we have to make sure there’s an anchor to keep Oliver in prison. That’s something that I’ve thought a lot about. Because he’s in there for three reasons: He’s in there to keep Felicity and William safe. He’s in there to give his friends immunity. And he’s in there because that means that the FBI and A.R.G.U.S. are gonna track Diaz. So, if all three of those things go away, he would just break out. And that’s something that we talk about all the time. So, he’s aware that Diaz is still out there, but he’s also having trouble being convinced that Felicity and William are safe. He’s having recurring nightmares about Diaz finding them, and obviously doing what Diaz would do."

Previously released photos from the Season 7 premiere see Oliver and Felicity together in the episode, but it's likely the first time that the two have seen each other in months.

"I personally don’t think that Oliver’s seen Felicity since he’s gone to prison, because she’s in witness protection, and that’s sort of the main reason why Diggle is visiting on a regular basis - because he’s updating them, 'how they’re doing, are they safe, what’s going on?'" Amell explained. "But obviously Oliver and Felicity come face to face in the premiere. And Emily [Bett Rickards] and I were joking about it, because our last scene that we shot last year is the scene where I tell her that I’m going to prison, and then I say goodbye to William. And then this scene, in the premiere, it’s sort of the same scene, insofar as it’s really, really emotional, and Emily and I were laughing afterwards, like, 'can’t we just have a scene where they’re sitting around drinking coffee, and talking about their day, and not having to have these super emotional, tiring scenes?'"

On the outside, the rest of Team Arrow has to deal with Oliver's choice in their own ways. "Diaz is off the board... he’s been in hiding for five months. But no one on the team is suiting up and doing the vigilante thing because obviously that would jeopardize what Oliver sacrificed for them," Amell said. "But we are introduced to a new vigilante crew, a new Green Arrow, and when Beth [Schwartz, the new showrunner] explained to me what the idea was, I was really excited, because it was nothing I ever anticipated."

Season 7 will also bring back Colton Haynes as Roy Harper, whose return is still shrouded in mystery. "I can’t give you a single thing," Amell laughed. "I can say stuff, but the really cool thing is that I could give you like a hundred guesses, and I don’t think that you would get it. We find him in a spot that you would never expect to find him, talking to a character that you’ve never seen before, but is incredibly familiar."

The synopsis for the new season also warns that "Oliver will find himself vulnerable in a way unlike ever before when a mysterious new enemy begins to unravel his work as Green Arrow, challenging him to redeem his name or risk losing everything." Naturally, Amell declined to elaborate on that tantalizing tease, only hinting that "the final scene of the Season 7 premiere is a scene that, really, I don’t think anyone will anticipate. I think it’s very, very, very exciting."

This TVLine article is also posted by @BkWurm1 on page 13 of Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread...

Arrow Season 7: Shadowhunters' Katherine McNamara Joins Cast
By Michael Ausiello / September 21 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/09/21/katherine-mcnamara-arrow-season-7-cast-maya/

Katherine McNamara is taking aim at her first post-Shadowhunters gig — and it’s a doozy. TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress is joining Arrow in a pivotal recurring role.

According to sources, McNamara will appear during the first half of Season 7 as Maya, a scrappy street fighter and thief from Star City. The initial — and unofficial — casting notice for the character likened the character to “Buffy the Superhero Slayer.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also posted by @Soulfire on page 13 of Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread...

Arrow: Stephen Amell On Felicity’s Fight Scene & “Bold” Season 7
September 21, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-stephen-amell-on-felicitys-fight-scene-bold-season-7/

Arrow Season 7 is only a few weeks away, and last week we had the opportunity to talk to Stephen Amell for some hints about what’s coming up in the seventh season. We’ll be rolling out portions between now and the October 15 season premiere.

One of several topics we discussed was the online praise that Amell had for Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) and what she is doing in the season premiere which is called “Inmate 4587.”

“She has a kick-ass action scene that I know specifically that James Bamford let her go crazy [with], in this action scene with a stunt performer,” Stephen expanded. “When I was watching it, it’s actually happening alongside another action scene, and I was actually kind of jealous with how visceral and aggressive Emily’s scene was.”

Stephen also had kind words for his co-star in a dramatic scene that the two share.

“I think people have seen the photos of when we get the chance to interact, and I just thought her performance in that scene was up there or even better than anything else that she has ever done on the show,” Amell teased.

Ultimately, Stephen Amell has high praise for what he’s seeing from Season 7 so far.

“The season feels very bold,” he said. “To get new stuff to do with the character that you’ve been playing for seven seasons now, it’s not the easiest thing to pull off, so to be in prison and to be isolated from everyone else, and to have all of these new scene partners and a new dynamic about my personality and the way that [Oliver] is feeling and the way that he’s dealing with things, it’s just a lot of fun.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

One Night with Arrow's Stephen Amell and Aisha Tyler, Presented by Nocking Point
Streamed live on September 22, 2018, by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLFG4qoEy0E

Aisha Tyler: "He's got some amazing stunts coming up in this season... Big shower fight scene, but like, straight Eastern Promises, like, Arrow naked wreckitude, kung fu chop. So there's some cool stuff coming."
SA: "It's not the most visceral fight scene in the episode. Emily has the most visceral fight scene in the episode... Beth is going to kill me."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2