Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 7

• Start Topic

7x18 Lost Canary Synopsis:

“Lost Canary” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

BIRDS OF PREY; CAITY LOTZ GUEST STARS — After being accused of murder and having her criminal past exposed, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) goes full Black Siren and teams up with an old criminal acquaintance, Shadow Thief (guest star Carmel Amit), to go on a crime spree around Star City. While Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) aims to bring Laurel in, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to give up on her friend and tries everything to get through to her, even summoning Sara Lance (guest star Caity Lotz) for help. However, Laurel rebuffs all her efforts, forcing the former friends to face off against each other. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Elisa Delson (#718). Original airdate 4/15/2019.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From March 23, 2019... 

Interview Katherine McNamara | Heroes Dutch Comic Con 2019
Published on Mar 27, 2019, by Entertainmenthoek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFMFy7Tr9g

-- On whether she's returning next season, KM: "I don't know about next season. I am in most of the rest of this season. Um, and it's really neat. You get to see a lot more of her back story. You saw it in episode 16 when we had the full flashforward, but you get to see, now that she's re-established with her family or is getting more so, you see the facade crack a little bit and you see a bit of her softer side. You see bits of - of who she actually is and her vulnerabilities coming through, which is a really nice facet to a character that's been so hard-ass for the first bit."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Boss: Felicity's Exit Will Be Addressed at End of This Season — Will She Return for Series Finale?
By Vlada Gelman / March 31 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/03/31/arrow-felicity-exit-storyline-emily-bett-rickards/

Speaking with TVLine on Sunday at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019, Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz said that Rickards’ and thus Felicity’s exit “is addressed at the end of this season” versus, say, in the final season premiere. (Schwartz tweeted back on March 19 that she was in the process of writing the finale script, while series lead Stephen Amell shared on March 25 that he had read it.) As Schwartz explained to TVLine, “We kinda knew” going into the finale where Rickards’ head was at with regards to her future on the series.
Does that closing part of the joint statement mean that Rickards will likely return for at least the sure-to-be-grand series finale? (Arrow’s eighth and final season is running just 10 episodes.)

“I cannot comment on that,” Schwartz answered.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Episode 7x19: Spartan:

ERNIE HUDSON (“GHOSTBUSTERS”) GUEST STARS — After the Ninth Circle delivers a major setback for Team Arrow, Diggle (David Ramsey) reluctantly reaches out to a Four-Star General of the Defense Intelligence Agency (guest star Ernie Hudson) for help, despite unresolved tension from their past. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers a piece of information that he believes will turn Emiko (Sea Shimooka) against the Ninth Circle. Alena (guest star Kacey Rohl) returns with an interesting proposal for Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Avi Youabian directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#719). Original airdate 4/22/2019.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Arrow Flash-Forward Scoop: Are Both Diggle and John Jr. Alive in the Future?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 4 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/04/04/arrow-season-7-flash-forwards-diggle-status-david-ramsey/

Arrow‘s flash-forwards, though, were established early on to be following a different timeline than Legends‘ erased version of 2046, and the Connor now being played by David-Jones is actually the child of Ben Turner aka Bronze Tiger. He also is an agent for Knightwatch (which adult William dubbed a “good version of A.R.G.U.S.”) and he apparently had/has a “thing” going on with Oliver and Felicity’s grown daughter.

Yeah, it’s all a bit confusing. So we asked Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz, at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019, to shed light on the scion switcheroo.

“We thought it was really interesting to introduce something new that was unexpected,” Schwartz explained. “Instead of taking everyone we knew from the present and seeing what happens in the future, we thought it’d be really cool to introduce a new kind of character.” As a result, “In addition to having JJ, [John and Lyla] adopted Connor, and we’re going to see that unfold more in [Episode] 19 (airing April 22), in terms of that relationship.”

Make no mistake, John Jr. also exists in the future, and “we’ll explain where he is” in an upcoming episode, says Schwartz, noting that the brothers share “an interesting dynamic.”

But what about the lads’ dad? David Ramsey has said that Diggle is “alive and well 20 years into the future… he’s quite well, in fact,” hinting at a huge reveal for family patriarch. Speaking to Diggle’s said fate, Schwartz assured TVLine, “It will be explained eventually.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Lucifer, Arrow, The Magicians, Grey's, GoT, Jane, New Amsterdam, The 100 and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 5 2019, 9:33 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2019/04/05/lucifer-season-4-spoilers-chloe-learns-lucifer-secret/

Do you have anything on Arrow‘s Season 7 finale? –Morgan
You mean the episode that gave Stephen Amell literal goosebumps once he read it? And that now stands to be Emily Bett Rickards’ final episode? “All I have to say is the finale script, almost everyone who read it was in tears,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I’m very happy with it, and I think the audience is going to really like it.”

Any rumblings about making Arrow‘s Kat McNamara, Ben Lewis and Joseph Jones series regulars for the final season? Or maybe a possible spin-off is in the works? —Stephanie

We did ask Schwartz if the all-flash forwards episode, “Star City 2040,” was envisioned as a backdoor pilot of sorts for a possible offshoot. “It was definitely meant to grow the world that we had already built and to see the next generation of what Oliver and Felicity and our present-day team have worked so hard for, and sort of see what happens in the future,” she answered. “We love those characters and would love to see them go on in some capacity after the show’s over,” possibly via crossovers with the remaining Arrowverse shows. “We were so happy, internally, about how it came out,” she added. “We kinda love our future story.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Source links for 718 promo pics...
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-lost-canary-official-preview-images/
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/03/arrow-episode-718-lost-canary-promo.html
https://tvline.com/gallery/arrow-season-7-photos/

Arrow's Birds of Prey-Inspired Episode Reveals First Photos — 'All the Women Are in the Forefront,' Raves EP
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 8 2019, 5:34 PM PDT
https://tvline.com/2019/04/08/arrow-season-7-episode-18-photos-caity-lotz-laurel-dinah-sara-felicity/

“I know we did a Canary-esque episode in a previous season” — Season 2’s “Birds of Prey,” which pitted Sara and Laurel against the Huntress — “but we have been talking about a Birds of Prey-inspired episode for years, and have it really focused on the women,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I was very determined to make that happen this season.”

Reflecting on how the anticipated team-up came out, Schwartz says, “I think that my favorite part is just having all the women in the forefront, and they sort of have each other’s backs.  Instead of having them be against each other, they work together to try to help each other. You don’t get to see that very often, and that’s a very important message that I just really wanted to have.” ...

Edited by tv echo

Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is on set.
Her husband Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is on set.
Diggle (David Ramsey) is on set.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Papp (CN)'s pic of 722 title...
arrow-title_1.png?1554895792
(source)

The cast & crew of Arrow was shooting scenes for episode 720 last month in East Vancouver at a church. As most of you already know from the photo set I posted back when it was shot HERE there was several cast there, including a returning cast member that we had only seen this year so far in flash forward scenes.

Of course, all the current day heroes were on set. Stephen Amell as Green Arrow, David Ramsey as Spartan, Rick Gonzalez as Wild Dog, and Juliana Harkavy as Black Canary were on set. Joining them was Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak..... but ALSO with the team was Colton Haynes as Arsenal.

This is 1 quick clip of the gang going into the "Star City Metro subway system" and them coming back out.  First time this season (assuming he doesn't show up prior) that we will see Roy Harper in modern day scenes, let alone dressed up as Arsenal.

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow' Named Its Season 7 "Springsteen Episode" After "Living Proof" -- And That's Actually A Big Deal
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 11, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/04/11/arrow-living-proof-springsteen/

For the seventh year in a row, Arrow's penultimate episode of the season will be named after a Bruce Springsteen song -- and this time, fans will likely be very curious to know exactly how the song parallels the contents of the episode. Season seven, episode 21 of Arrow will be titled "Living Proof," named after a song on Springsteen's "Lucky Town" album, one of two "twin" albums released together in March 1992. "Living Proof" is a dense song that covers a lot of territory, but given that Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is pregnant in the show, fans will likely zero in on the song's first verse.

It goes, "Well now, on a summer night, oh in a dusky room/Come a little piece of the Lord's undying light/Crying like he swallowed the fiery moon/In his mother's arms it was all the beauty I could take/Like the missing words to some prayer that I could never make/Oh, in a world so hard and dirty, so fouled and confused/Searching for a little bit of God's mercy/I found living proof." That verse is pretty unambiguously about the joy that the narrator (possibly Springsteen himself, given what was going on in his life at the time) felt about the birth of his child.

Since "Living Proof" will be the penultimate episode of Arrow season seven, which began with Oliver in prison, there is also this nugget of lyrics from later in the song to consider: "You shot through my anger and rage/To show me my prison was just an open cage/There were no keys, no guards/Oh, just one frightened man and some old shadows for bars." While it would likely be a mistake to take that part too literally -- after all, the prison arc has been over for some time now -- the "prison" in the song was never literal, either, and certainly Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is a character who allows himself to be caged by his own passion, anger, and myopia -- something he has been trying to work on this season.
The use of "Living Proof" might suggest that the episode will center on Mia (Katherine McNamara), the child of Oliver and Felicity who has taken center stage in the flash-foward storyline. Some Olicity fans might hope for a time jump that would allow the Olicity baby to be born before or during the finale which will follow "Living Proof," although that feels unlikely given that we already saw a version of the baby's birth in a previous episode this season.

Edited by tv echo

ARROW 7x20:

“Confessions” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

ARSENAL RETURNS TO HELP THE TEAM — When they learn of an upcoming attack on the city, Team Arrow calls Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) to help them stop the Ninth Circle. However, things go awry and there is massive collateral damage. As Captain of the SCPD, Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) investigates what happened in an episode that takes on a true crime narrative and tone. Tara Miele directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#720). Original airdate 4/29/2019.

Edited by apinknightmare

Katie Cassidy dishes on her fate on ‘Arrow’
Marwa Hamad, Senior Reporter   April 14, 2019
https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/hollywood/katie-cassidy-dishes-on-her-fate-on-arrow-1.63326819

Sitting down with Gulf News tabloid!, the actress was vague but teased big things to come: “We’re doing our [eighth and] final season of ‘Arrow’, which will take us to November. I can’t say more yet, until I get the showrunners’ thumbs up, but there’s some pretty exciting things coming up for me.”

Cassidy was also quizzed on upcoming episode ‘Lost Canary’, airing on April 15, at a panel.
“I like my job, I don’t want to say anything I can’t say and I don’t want to get killed again! They’ve killed me off and brought me back twice already. It’s awesome,” the actress joked.

“It’s a big episode, I think that you will find out a lot about Black Siren and her backstory, but they also leave it open to potentially exploring more of that, potentially in season eight, but it’s a huge episode. It’s fun,” added Cassidy.

Arrow: Juliana Harkavy and EP Preview Canaries' Clash With Black Siren, Hail All-Women Storyline's 'Cool' Dynamic

Fans of Sara Lance aka White Canary will get double dip of the formidable femme this Monday when she appears on The CW’s Arrow (now airing at 9/8c) as well as DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

“I know we did a Canary-esque episode in a previous season” — Season 2’s “Birds of Prey,” which pitted Sara (played by Caity Lotz) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy Rodgers) against the Huntress — “but we have been talking about a Birds of Prey-inspired episode for years, and have it really focused on the women,” showrunner Beth Schwartz told TVLine at WGFestival 2019. “I was very determined to make that happen this season.”

(more at the source)

Interview: Arrow’s Juliana Harkavy Tells Us What’s Coming for Dinah in Tonight’s “Lost Canary”
by Jessica Mason | 10:46 am, April 15th, 2019
https://www.themarysue.com/interview-juliana-harkavy-black-canary-arrow-lost-canary/

Healing from trauma has become Dinah’s new goal this season. Harkavy explained, “In the past she was dealing with the loss of someone else, and now it’s dealing with a partial loss of herself. It’s also given Dinah some softness and some vulnerability, which is nice when a character is kind of hardened like she is … It’s been good as an actor; it’s been really juicy to work with that.”

Another empowering aspect for Harkavy and for viewers—myself included—has been simply seeing a woman, and a hero, on television with a prominent scar. “We kind of feature it,” Harkavy said of the scar. “We’ll still put her in a low-cut shirt, and she’ll be looking great and she’ll have this scar out, and I was hoping it would help people who do have scars.” (As a scar haver, I can say it certainly does).

Dinah is still learning to be a hero without her cry, but she’ll make progress on that in this episode. “I think that in this episode, I would say, it’s where Dinah really starts to believe” in herself without her powers, Harkavy told us. “In the past, when she wanted to quit and the team kept her going … I think she listened to them, but I don’t think she really believed them until this episode.”
She’ll have help in learning to be a hero without power the form of Sara Lance, played by special guest star Caity Lotz. Sara will be popping over from the Waverider (where she’s dealing with Jane Austen, Bollywood musical numbers, and the unquiet dead the hour before). “We’re dealing with a big problem on our earth, and we sort of recruit her to come and help us,” Harkavy explained. “It’s something that only she can help us with.”

With two Canaries on the job, we’ll also see flash forwards to 2040 that might reveal more about the latest Canary, Zoe Ramirez (Andrea Sixtos) and what it means to carry that title: “The cool thing, especially as we go into the future, is that Dinah sort of takes that title and turns it into something that anyone can be.”

According to Harkavy, a Canary can be any woman “who is in need of something, who is searching for something, who fights and works for it.” Dinah “becomes an advocate for women, in a sense, through the canaries.” We’ll also learn more about how Dinah’s life changed between now and 2040. “We really get to see what happened, a sort of a chain of events that happened so that she flips back the complete opposite way that she is now,” Harkavy teased. “The city changes, and I think that her morals and beliefs change, and all of this sort of self-discovery she’s doing right now that’s she’s lost her cry.”
Harkavy had nothing but praise for her costars in the episode, including Lotz: “She’s one of my favorite people to work with and just in general. She teaches me so much. She does so many of her own stunts. This week saw the final series wrap for Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, a day and departure that was emotional for everyone. “It was very hard,” Harkavy shared. “It was a very emotional week.”

But she added, “she really has so much talent that we’re all just excited to see where she goes, but we’re all going to miss her deeply.” Before her departure, though, there’s one more story to tell.

Edited by tv echo

Juliana Harkavy on a 'Legends' Guest Star & How the 'Arrow' Ladies Are Getting Things Done

Damian Holbrook April 15, 2019 4:30 pm

https://www.tvinsider.com/768466/juliana-harkavy-arrow-season-7-lost-canary-dinah/

So how does this whole Birds of Prey thing happen?

Well, there is a problem in Star City...

What a surprise!

[Laughs] Yeah, it's shocking, I know! And really, Sara Lance is the only one who we feel can help our team solve this problem. She has a deep connection with the characters and so we bring her in. The guys are off doing another mission, so it becomes a girl mission. And it's awesome.

And how does one go about finding Sara? She's off in a spaceship.

Right, right. [Laughs] Well, we have the mind of Felicity Smoak, so anything can happen. She can make anything happen.

What can you preview as we get close to the end of this season? 

It's a really big, emotional, exciting end of the season. Not everything gets wrapped up, but a lot of things are and a lot of questions are answered. And everybody's performance has just been really spectacular to watch. I think the added emotion of everything—the fact that we are coming to an end soon and that some of our characters are not gonna be back—just made it a really powerful finale.

719 promo...

(ArrowVerse TV)

Arrow Recap: Birds of a Feather — Plus, Has [_____] Left the Show?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 15 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/04/15/arrow-recap-7x18-is-katie-cassidy-leaving-laurel-earth-two/

“Katie does not leave the show; she comes back this season,” showrunner Beth Schwartz assured TVLine earlier this month at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019. “It appears like [she leaves], but it’s not true. She’s still [part of the show].”

Edited by tv echo

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on The Flash, Lucifer, JAG, Good Girls, Whiskey Cav, iZombie, New Amsterdam and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 15 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/04/15/flash-spoilers-season-5-nora-secret-barry-iris-reaction/

Anything and everything Arrow! —Morgan
Echoing that which show boss Beth Schwartz told TVLine about the series’ penultimate finale (airing May 13), Juliana Harvkavy said, “We were crying the entire shoot. Not just because it’s sad, but because we know that the end is coming up and this is our last full-season finale…. It was just kind of surreal. It’s a really incredible script — everybody really put their all into it — and there is so much action. It’s very exciting, and really emotional.”

Edited by tv echo

Arrow - Episode 7.21 - Living Proof - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 19, 2019 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/04/arrow-episode-721-living-proof-press.html

ARROW
“Living Proof” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

OLIVER IS PUT TO THE TEST — Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds himself in a precarious position. SCPD shows up with a warrant for Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Gordon Verheul directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#721). Original airdate 5/6/2019.

Edited by tv echo