• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrow - Episode 7.01 - Inmate 4587 - Promo, Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at September 27, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/09/arrow-episode-701-inmate-4587.html

ARROW
“Inmate 4587” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

LOCKED UP — Following Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) shocking decision to turn himself over to the FBI and reveal his identity as the Green Arrow to the public, Oliver has spent the past five months in Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Determined to keep a low profile to shorten his sentence for the sake of his family, Oliver is tested when he runs into old foes. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) have taken on new jobs and left their costumes behind but not everyone is following suit. With her focus on William (guest star Jack Moore), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) tries to start over but when someone from her past resurfaces, things become complicated. James Bamford directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama (#701). Original airdate 10/15/2018.

Stephen Amell
October 8 at 12:00 PM 

Arrow Season 7 Trailer Features the Longbow Hunters, Felicity on the Edge
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 8 2
https://tvline.com/2018/10/08/arrow-season-7-trailer-longbow-hunters-new-green-arrow/

A new trailer for Season 7 of The CW’s Arrow (premiering Monday, Oct. 15 at 8/7c) offers a first good look at the mythical Longbow Hunters, while also hammering home the big mystery: Who’s the new Green Arrow?

About a minute into the new video — which is embedded below and opens by re-re-reiterating Oliver’s behind-bars conundrum — we see the aforementioned team of assassins, Silencer, Kodiak and Red Dart, played by Miranda Edwards (The Magicians), Michael Jonsson (Van Helsing) and Holly Elissa (Whistler).

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell was live.
October 9, 2018 
Hello...

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/664926513901006/?__tn__=-R

-- SA: "As you can tell, I'm a little worse for wear, although that thing's gone from my face. And, um, we've just had a blast so far in filming. Um, I was speaking with a producer today who mentioned that they had seen a cut of episode 7, which is a big action piece episode for us, and it was incredible. She'd just seen the director's cut. But that's always very exciting."

Edited by tv echo

Interview: Stephen Amell Previews Arrow Season 7
October 10, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-stephen-amell-previews-arrow-season-7/

KSITETV’s CRAIG BYRNE: You’ve said that Oliver is going to do some things this season that the audience might not necessarily like. Is there anything you can tease about that?
STEPHEN AMELL:
There’s a real element in the premiere, where he just does the opposite of what people would expect. If somebody’s in trouble, Oliver would try to help them, and there’s just a moment in the premiere where you expect him to be heroic and he’s the exact opposite of that. That’s been a lot of fun to play. I guess the tag line would be that “there are no heroes in prison.” They are just prisoners in there, and it’s just getting by. And getting by, to him, and having an opportunity way down the line to eventually get back to his family… it just takes priority over everything else, and leads him down some questionable paths.
Assuming Oliver eventually gets out of prison, will there be a new costume?
I don’t know! Good question. We’ve been trying to figure that out, and I actually don’t know where we’ve landed.

Will we have to wait long to see Colton Haynes, and is it nice to have him back on the show?
It is nice to have him back on the show, and I don’t think that you’ll have to wait very long.

What is it like to have a whole new group of actors to work with (the Longbow Hunters)?
One of the strangest thing about this season, for me, has been how little I’ve worked with my fellow cast mates that are series regulars, that I have been working with for a very long time. One of the reasons that I’m excited is that it would have been very easy to break Oliver out of prison by the end of the first episode, and that’s just not what we’ve done. We’re trying to true to the deal that he made and the reason that he’s there, and that has created a very unique schedule for me. I’ve had very, very concentrated time, but also more days off in the first part of this season than I probably had for the first three years of the show.

How well are the other teammates doing without Oliver present? Are they still vigilantes?
There hasn’t been any vigilante activity in the city for three months. They can’t. If they go out and they put a mask on again, and they do the vigilante thing, then they’re not honoring the sacrifice that Oliver made to keep them out of prison. So it’s a very, very different dynamic. That being said, I think you can also tell from the trailer that there is some new vigilante activity happening within the city.

Are there any new characters that you can tease for the new season that you are allowed to talk about?
I’d say the one that I could tease is that I really enjoy some of the work that I’ve done with an unlikely ally and teammate in prison.

Are we going to find out who the new Mayor of Star City is now?
I believe we find out who the Mayor is. I think we actually talk about that in the premiere.

Is there anything about Season 7 that you’re surprised has no one has asked you about?
No, because we’ve done a really good job this year of keeping spoilers to a minimum. But there is an element of Season 7 that I think will really, really surprise people.

Edited by tv echo

On Black Siren

“We’re very excited about her story. As you guys know, the theme [of Season 7] is redemption, and she has kind of the farthest [to go] to redeem herself,” Schwartz said when asked about what is going on with Laurel. “She’s the D.A. as we see in the premiere, but her season-long arc is about ‘is she Laurel or is she Black Siren, and which one is she going to land on’?”

On Black Canary

Juliana Harkavy’s Dinah Drake is going to have a new role on the series, keeping her promise to put her vigilante alter ego aside and taking over as Star City’s new police captain.

“It just felt like that was the natural position she would be in when everyone was choosing what makes them a hero for this city,” Beth said. “Her beginning, her origin story, she was a cop before she was Black Canary, so it just made the most sense. She’s kind of going back to her roots a little bit, and as we see in the premiere, she’s on the other side of things. It’s interesting- and Rene is calling her out on it – because she is now the people who used to chase after them, but she believes that what’s best for the city is law and order, and not necessarily vigilantes anymore.”

Arrow Season 7 begins Monday, October 15 on The CW. Take a look at some photos from the 

Arrow Boss Says Season 7 Will Still Give You Plenty of Olicity Feels
By Lindsay MacDonald | Oct 11, 2018 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-7-oliver-felicity-separation/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

While Oliver toils away in the Iron Heights prison, Felicity and William (Jack Moore) will be adjusting to life in the witness protection program as the FBI continues to hunt down Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), and to say they're adjusting to their new lives poorly is an understatement.

"They are not adapting well," showrunner Beth Schwartz says. "They're both pretty miserable. Felicity is away from her husband, William's away from his father, and their family and their city and their real lives, so it's not going well."

Having to give up your identity is actually one of the prevalent themes of the premiere. While Oliver struggles to embrace his new identity as a compliant and non-confrontational prisoner, the rest of the team will be adjusting to their new lives without vigilante masks — some better than others. Felicity and William's toughest obstacle will obviously be living without Oliver though, which is heartbreaking, and not just because we won't be getting the usual amount of Olicity scenes in each episode. Don't worry though, Schwartz assures us that they've found other ways to give you Olicity feels.

"We obviously thought about that, just in terms of storytelling, it would be great if both of them are fighting for the same thing," Schwartz says. "So even if we don't physically see them together, their stories are pretty much — their goals are the same. So they connect without physically connecting, which I think is really cool because they're both fighting for their families, so you don't need to see them together to get that connection."

'Arrow' Boss Teases Olicity Parallels in Season 7
By Meredith B. Kile‍ 4:59 PM PDT, October 11, 2018
https://www.etonline.com/arrow-boss-teases-olicity-parallels-in-season-7-111466?linkId=58069247

"They are not adapting well [to life in witness protection]," Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz recently told reporters of Felicity and William's life on the run. "They're both pretty miserable. Felicity's away from her husband, William's away from his father, and their family and their city and their real lives. It's not going well."

However, true to heroic form, the couple won't be backing down from any battles headed their way. Schwartz admitted that Felicity's storyline is one of her favorites of the upcoming season, noting that "we played her pretty parallel to Oliver."

"[We thought] in terms of storytelling, it would be great if both of them are fighting for the same thing," she explained. "So even if we don't physically see them together... their goals are the same. They connect without physically connecting, which I think is really cool, because they're both fighting for their families, so you don't need to see them together to get that connection."

However, there will certainly be some tension between the two as the season goes on -- stemming from the constant threats to their lives from big bads like Diaz (Kirk Acevedo, who was upped to a series regular for the new season) and the Longbow Hunters, as well as Oliver's unilateral decision to go to prison in order to grant immunity to the rest of the team.

"It's definitely going to affect his marriage," Schwartz said of Oliver's sacrifice. "That's definitely going to be brought up. [Felicity] didn't like that too much."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow's Season 7 Trip To Jail Is Brutal For More Than Just Oliver
by Chris E. Hayner on Oct 12, 2018 13:09 PM
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/arrows-season-7-trip-to-jail-is-brutal-for-more-th/1100-6462516/

With the beginning of Season 7, viewers will be introduced to prison life for Oliver, and it isn't pretty. In fact, his incarceration is exactly as vicious as you might expect, and maybe more so. As seen in trailers and images from the new episodes, not only is Oliver a constant target for those he's locked up as the Green Arrow, but he's also isolated from those who can protect him.

"It's one of my favorite things this season, because it's just so different from anything we've done before," showrunner Beth Schwartz said during a press Q&A, following a screening of the premiere episode. "And it allows his character to be with other people. And I think that's the fun of it... we wanted to keep him separate, because the reality of when you're in prison, you're not with your family. So his storylines are with the characters in the prison. And not as much with everyone else. So they are pretty separate."
In several photos of Felicity from the premiere, it's clear she was attacked, which leaves the status of William up in the air. What's more, those two being separated from Oliver is taking a toll.

"They are not adapting well," Schwartz teased. "They are both pretty miserable. They are away, Felicity is away from her husband, William is away from his father, and their family, and their city, and their real lives. So, it's not going well."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Stephen Amell was live.
October 12, 2018

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/525030334589146/?__tn__=-R

-- On whether he's excited for the new season of Arrow, SA: "I am. We premiere Monday, uh, much to the chagrin of Emily, who thought we premiered on Thursday. And, uh, I know that a bunch of journalists screened the premiere episode on, uh, I believe it was Wednesday, although it's possible it was yesterday, the days are conflating in my mind right now - it was yesterday. And, um, I got a great note from Beth Schwartz afterwards that there was a phenomenal reaction towards the end of the premiere. And I'm just - fingers crossed, you know, double-crossed, because we have a lot of surprises this year. And, uh, we've gotten all the way to the premiere without anything leaking. So, um, I always want what's best for you guys - you guys being fans and people who watch the show - and the best thing, I swear to God, is to be surprised on Monday night at, like, 8:58. Great surprise."

-- On how he feels about this season of Arrow and whether it is one of his faves, SA: "Um, yeah, actually... I think that on a show you ebb and flow. And I know that our first and our second season, to me, felt very special, the second being we learned a lot of lessons in the first and I felt we executed them in the second. I'm very, very fond of the fifth because it brought to an end an era to the show. Um, I really liked that we created  a villain and made that villain so iconic and Josh's performance was so wonderful, and just bringing the flashbacks back to the pilot was a real accomplishment. We also had our 100th episode. This year feels like such a departure because Oliver is in prison and the prison stuff is so different, and the prison stuff also gives other people a chance to really shine... So the seventh season feels really unique. We're going to hit 150 episodes in episode 12, which is amazing. We're only doing 22 instead of 23, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I promise you it is."

-- On how long Oliver is going to be in prison, SA: "Longer than everybody expects."

-- On Cody Rhodes' appearance on Arrow this year, SA: "I think that, just professionally, he did an excellent job. He's good... I really enjoyed working with Michael Jai White a lot. Vinnie Jones was fantastic to work with. The other returning character that we have coming back that we haven't disclosed yet and certainly hasn't leaked. It was fantastic to work with them."

-- On whether they'll have an Arrow movie in the works, SA: "No, because we're still shooting the show. I will say, though, that - no, I won't say that."

-- SA: "I'm happy to be back to a more normal, facial hair length. It just got to be a bit much towards the end there. But I'm just about to watch a cut of episode 7, which I believe is Oliver's last episode with the beard. And, um, that episode's going to be bananas. Just totally bananas. Um, oh, it's also going to be a good time to say, when I did my wrestling match at All In, I fractured my hip. I have an occult fracture in my hip. What can you do about an occult fracture? Absolutely nothing. It just hurts. And I had to go from that match into episode 707, which is probably one of, if not the most, physically demanding episodes that we've ever had on the show. So I'm an idiot. Never forget this. But, just for the record, and in case anyone from WB is watching or any of our producers or writers, it prohibited me from doing nothing. I just didn't have the best time, because I was in pain."

-- On whether William will have a bigger role this season, SA: "Yes, he will. William will have a bigger role this season."

-- On what he thinks of Felicity's pink hair, SA: "I think Emily looks wonderful all the time."

-- On how much involvement he has in the creative content in terms of stories, villains and stunts, SA: "I mean, I always pitch stuff, but in terms of the macro overall stories, it's more like that's our creative team. So Beth Schwartz is our showrunner this year. She's running the room. Our writers room."

-- On whether S7 is the last season of Arrow, SA: "No, I don't think so. I'm signed on beyond this year. Um, you know, when you get up to these stages, you tend to go year by year. But I have a contract for another season of Arrow. It'll come down to if the people at WB and The CW and DC and my family feel like doing another season. But I'm here for another season beyond this. And then, if we get to that season, we'll decide beyond that."

-- On whether Quentin Lance will be back, SA: "I don't think so. I mean, that was a pretty deadly death. That being said, Paul Blackthorne is always welcome back, and if they can find a way for him to come back, be it a flashback or an alternate universe or a you name it. But we certainly miss him. Paul, if you're watching, we miss you."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Katie Cassidy, Rick Gonzalez talk Arrow season 7, Ruby Rose's Batwoman
By Matt Juul  October 12, 2018  
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/tv/arrow-season-7-batwoman

Gonzalez notes that Team Arrow will have to find a way forward without their fearless leader, all while dealing with the impending threat of last year's big baddie, Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), who evaded capture in the finale and has now joined forces with the mysterious and deadly Longbow Hunters.

"With new Team Arrow, a lot of questions will be answered right away," says Gonzalez.

For Cassidy, she's excited to see the evolution of her character Black Siren, a villain from another Earth and mirrors her original character Black Canary, who was killed off the show in season 4. According to the actress, Arrow season 7 will take a deeper dive into what makes this version of Laurel Lance tick.

"There’s a lot, but it’s cool to get an opportunity to explore the backstory of Black Siren," says Cassidy. "We’ll dive more into her story."

Overall, both stars can't wait for the fans to see how grounded and real Arrow season 7 will be.

"What I love about being on the show, season 7, we create a lot of storylines for each other and, at the end of the day, we don’t throw anything away," says Gonzalez. "We still carry the weight of everything that we’ve been through, everything that we deal with, to make it super believable and make the fans invested."

Edited by tv echo

‘Arrow’ Showrunner on Season 7, Prison Fight Scenes, and Oliver Queen’s Redemption
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      OCTOBER 15, 2018
http://collider.com/arrow-season-7-interview-beth-schwartz/

Question:  As the new showrunner, is there anything specific that you wanted to bring to the series?
BETH SCHWARTZ:
 For me, because I’ve been on the show for so long, I just wanted to bring all my favorite aspects of the show and put together all of the things with all of the characters. I’ve been with them so long, and the things that I wanted to see them do, they haven’t done yet
You’ve talked about how this season’s theme is redemption. Is that going to be a full season theme?
SCHWARTZ:
 Yeah, it’s gonna affect all of our characters, but it will obviously affect Oliver the most, just in terms of everything that he’s done for the past six years and because his identity is outed. Everyone knows who he is, and that’s gonna be a huge. He’s gonna have to deal with that, all season. He can no longer hide behind the mask or prison, or any of those things.
The fight sequences with Oliver in prison are very visceral. Is that something you specifically asked the stunt fight teams to do, and will we see more of that?
SCHWARTZ:
 Yeah, I did. (Stunt coordinator) James Bamford and I have had many conversations about what we wanted the fight sequences to look like this year. We wanted to get back to the feel of Season 1 and be a little grittier with some more exciting stunts. We talked a lot about that shower scene. That was a very in-depth conversation of, “Are they going to let us do that?” Because Oliver is in prison, we didn’t want to sugarcoat anything and we just really wanted to show how hard it is for him to be in there. We’ll continue that. We definitely have a lot of really cool stuff coming up, for sure.
How are Felicity and William adapting to life in Witness Protection?
SCHWARTZ:
 They are not adapting well. They are both pretty miserable. Felicity is away from her husband, and William is away from his father. They’re away from their family, their city and their real lives, so it’s not going well.
Is the identity of the new Green Arrow a season-long mystery, or is that something you’ll unveil and then explore before you get to the end of the season?
SCHWARTZ:
 Yes, we’ll definitely unveil and explore that before the end of the season, for sure.

What is the new Arrow’s agenda? Is he a vigilante hero, like Rene thinks he is?
SCHWARTZ:
 I can’t really tell you which way the new Green Arrow will go, but Dinah and Rene will definitely be arguing that point for a little bit. They will be on different sides for a little bit.
What’s in store for Diggle, this season?
SCHWARTZ:
 Diggle is full-time Argus now, and his wife is his boss, which I love. You’ll see, in the next few episodes, how he’s dealing with what happened with Felicity. Diggle feels like he’s Oliver’s brother, in a sense, and he obviously wants to protect Oliver’s family, but he’s full-time Argus now. So, we’ll see some Argus stories, which is really fun.

Will Curtis also factor into that?
SCHWARTZ:
 Uh-huh.

What’s to come for Curtis, this season?
SCHWARTZ:
 We are going to see that Curtis was little more traumatized than we thought from how things went down last season, which is why he specifically chose this position in Argus. That will come out this season.

How are things with Curtis and his boyfriend?
SCHWARTZ:  
They’re doing well. They are still together. They respect each other

Can you talk about the decision to make Dinah the police captain?
SCHWARTZ:
 Yeah, it just felt like that was the natural position she would be in. When everyone was choosing what makes them a hero for the city, her beginning and her origin story was as a cop before she was Black Canary, so it just made the most sense. She’s going back to her roots a little bit. She fully believes in the law now. She’s on the other side of things, which is so interesting because Rene is calling her out on it, now that she’s the people who used to chase after them. But she believes that what’s best for the city is law and order, and not vigilantes anymore.

What can you say to tease what Laurel is up to, this season?
SCHWARTZ:
 We’re very excited about her story. As you guys know, the theme is redemption and she has the farthest to go, to redeem herself. She’s the DA, but her season-long arc is about, is she Laurel or is she Black Siren? Which one is she gonna land on?

Edited by tv echo

Advance Review: Arrow “Inmate 3587”
October 15, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/advance-review-arrow-inmate-3587/

The prison storyline is one that had to be handled just right, and so far it appears to be here. Last season, I couldn’t wait for Barry Allen to get out from behind bars, and the notion of Riverdale’s Archie in jail still seems ill-advised. Yet, here? Oliver is thrown into a veritable snake pit, surrounded by foes like Derek Sampson, the Bronze Tiger, and Brick, all of whom hate his guts. There are also new faces that Oliver meets in prison, including Stanley, who looks up to the Green Arrow as a hero and very well may learn that you should never meet your heroes. Oliver in prison is a bit stoic but with a mix of longing and responsibility for being there. There is also a strong survival instinct and a hope and need for the people he loves to remain safe, especially Felicity and William. There are nightmares and there are injuries. Stephen Amell committed to these scenes 100% and both the dramatic and fight work (all directed by James Bamford) are top notch.

Meanwhile, in Star City, vigilantes are off limits after the deal that Oliver made with Agent Watson. Laurel — now the DA — is crusading against any vigilantes who will be punished to the full extent of the law… something Star City’s new police captain Dinah Drake supports, even if she has had her conflicts with Laurel. Meanwhile, Rene, who is training the young people of the Glades boxing so they can defend themselves, is being told by some of these kids that what he really needs is to continue to be Wild Dog. Things happen that solidify Rene’s position that Star City still needs vigilantes — and this position puts him in direct conflict with Dinah.
Another character very well handled in the premiere is Felicity. When we first see her, she is in witness protection, calling herself “Erin” and working at a place that this time is not a fictional equivalent of Radio Shack. Again, like the Dinah and Rene storylines, Emily Bett Rickards brings her A-game, whether it’s finding out she’s still “got it” with a fun interaction with a new friend or defending herself in a scene where she does indeed kick some @$$. The bond between Oliver and Felicity is also strong despite their different locations; there is a particular scene, well played by Stephen Amell, where he believes he has lost her, but when we see their reunion, seen in the official promotional photos, Oliver gets a look of relief and love. Despite all the drama and danger around them, it’s still important to see your characters having a “win,” and their reunion, while still being a part of that drama and danger, is a good moment.

Next, there’s Diaz (new series regular Kirk Acevedo) who was also controversial in Season 6, and Arrow seems to have finally cracked the character to see what works. Here, Diaz is far more menacing when we don’t see much of him… so when we do, the drama is up. He has his hands in anything and everything negatively affecting the other characters, and this menace is becoming Prometheus level scary for anyone involved. It’s like there’s a snake (or a dragon, in this case) around every corner that will bite the second you turn your back.

Sadly, we don’t see a whole lot of Laurel, Curtis and Diggle, but we do find out that those last two are working together at ARGUS, and they seem well adjusted and happy. I have no doubt bigger stories are coming for them as everything intersects; we’ve already seen shots in trailers with a lot of the old gang reunited.

Beth Schwartz wrote the classic Arrow Season 2 episode "Seeing Red" with Wendy Mericle, and I remember when watching the episode in a room with other press,when Slade killed Moira, there was a collective shock that made the following press Q&A silent for a few minutes. [REDACTED] ... after Felicity... [REDACTED].

Edited by tv echo

https://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-star-emily-bett-rickards-teases-trouble-felicity-scenes-black-siren-2724954

ith Oliver behind bars, “Arrow” can’t just give Felicity scenes with her husband. In the first Season 7 episodes, Emily Bett Rickards revealed that her computer genius character will get a little girl time — but not with who fans might expect.

“You get some Black Siren-Felicity scenes right off that bat. I was pretty excited about that,” Bett Rickards told International Business Times.

She couldn’t say much about her dynamic with Katie Cassidy’s villain, but it sounds like it’ll be entertaining. “Oh you will see, it is quite something,” she hinted.

Emily Bett Rickards says fans can expect Felicity to interact with Black Siren in “Arrow” Season 7. Photo: Jack Rowand/The CW

A lot has changed for Felicity in “Arrow” Season 7, which premieres Monday. She and William (Jack Moore) have gone into protective custody and assumed new identities. That’s why Felicity will be rocking some bright pink hair in the premiere. Bett Rickards, who had pink hair during one of the CW drama’s summer hiatuses, said she laughed when she saw that she’d be getting the crazy color again. Felicity, however, doesn’t have much reason to smile.

“It’s super fun and Felicity looks really rad. Unfortunately, the reason she had to do it wasn’t fun, so it doesn’t really express in her persona that she liked it per se,” the 27-year-old noted.

Instead, Felicity will be parenting Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) son, and they’ll both be adjusting to their new life. It doesn’t sound like it’ll go very well, though.

“They try to make the best of a bad situation, but the bad situation gets even worse and too much to handle,” she teased.

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is angry that Oliver (Stephen Amell) made a deal that landed him in prison on “Arrow” Season 7. Photo: Jack Rowand/The CW

The situation was already pretty rough. Last season, Oliver made a deal with the authorities that if he didn’t catch Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), he’d go to prison. In the season finale, Diaz got away, and the Green Arrow had to go to Slabside Maximum Security Prison — the same place all his enemies are residing.

Oliver chose not to tell Felicity about this plan. She was shocked to learn that he made a massive, life-altering decision without his wife.

“Felicity is not only hurt, she’s pissed,” the actress told IBT. “Her life has gone up in flames and everything she’s worked for — everything she had chosen for herself six years ago and then again a couple years ago and then a year ago marrying Oliver — everything that she’s chosen and worked for was destroyed, was taken away from her. So yeah, she’s angry and very sad.”

Edited by AveMaria30
add more quotes
  • Love 1

The following articles contain some spoilery info...

'Arrow' Boss Breaks Down the Season 7 Premiere's Shocking Timeline Twist
By Meredith B. Kile‍  October 15, 2018
https://www.etonline.com/arrow-boss-breaks-down-the-season-7-premieres-shocking-timeline-twist-111596

Arrow Boss Talks Premiere's Big Twist, Oliver and Felicity's Shared Fight
By Vlada Gelman / October 15 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/10/15/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-1-premiere-flash-forward-william-roy/

HOW ARROW'S SEASON 7 PREMIERE TWIST COULD AFFECT THE SHOW'S FUTURE
Laura Prudom   October 15, 2018
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/16/arrow-season-7-premiere-future-flash-forward-william-roy

Arrow: Who Was That Guy on the Boat?
Craig Byrne   October 15, 2018
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-who-was-that-guy-on-the-boat/ 

Did That Arrow Flash Forward Just Change Everything?
By Lindsay MacDonald | Oct 15, 2018 
https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/arrow-season-7-premiere-flash-forward-20-years/?__twitter_impression=true

'Shadowhunters' Star Katherine McNamara Teases 'Kick-Ass' 'Arrow' Season 7 Arc (Exclusive)
By Philiana Ng‍  October 15, 2018
https://www.etonline.com/shadowhunters-star-katherine-mcnamara-teases-kick-ass-arrow-season-7-arc-exclusive-111672

Edited by tv echo

Starry Mag finally published their Oct. 5th interview with KA...

Kirk Acevedo – Arrow 
By: Jamie Steinberg   October 15, 2018
http://starrymag.com/kirk-acevedo-arrow/

Q) What are the recent projects that you have been working on?
A) I am a series regular on “Arrow.” I can’t really do anything else.
Q) When we last saw Ricardo he fell off the side of a building. What kind of physical changes will we see in him this season?
A) I think he’s a little banged up and that kind of plays into the beginning of the season. You’ll see what I do to remedy that. He’s a little banged up physically.

Q) He had a love turned hate relationship with Black Siren. How will that play out this season?
A) I don’t think so much, which is unfortunate because she was pretty much my partner in crime the whole (especially the second half) of last season. I just don’t think leaning in that direction.

Q) We loved getting to see the backstory for Diaz. Will we get more flashbacks and insight into who he was growing up?
A) I don’t know. You’ll have to wait and see. That’s neither a denial or a yes. [laughs] I’ll say this much, the show is not called “The Dragon.” That’s what I’ll say. [laughs] Unfortunately, I don’t think they can do that every season. They did my character justice by giving me that episode last season. The funny thing about that episode was that when I saw Stephen [Amell] he was like, “Dude! The next episode is all you. I’m out. I’m going away to Hawaii for vacation.” I was like, “What are you talking about?” He said, “You didn’t read the episode?” I said, “No.” I saw the director, Gordon Verheul, he was like, “Dude! The next episode, what do you think?” I was like, “What are you talking about? I have not read the episode. I don’t have it.” He said, “What do you mean you don’t have it?” I said, “It didn’t come out yet.” By the time I read it, I was filming ten hours later. So, I always say that being behind the eight ball some how motivates people at times. But I would say that episode probably would have been, for me, performance wise fifteen percent better if I had it two or three days in advance as opposed to ten hours to come up with better ideas. But having said that, I think the episode was really damn strong and everyone looked pretty good about him.

Q) What is it about Oliver that continues to motivate his vendetta this season?
A) For me, there is no difference between the both of us. There is no difference at all. He’s an anti-hero. So am I. He is not a good person. He kills people, right? I kill people, too. The only difference is he hides who he is and I do not hide who I am. That’s the big difference. I think both characters are exactly the same. They are interchangeable. So, I think there is an animosity there because it’s a little bit hypocritical. So, for me, that’s my motivation as an actor. You’re no better than me. You’re doing things that are illegal also. Also, when someone has something over on you – meaning he won – that kind of gets your goat a little. Payback is a bitch and I want it in spades. [laughs]

Q) There is a rumor about a scantily clad fight scene. What can you tease about it?
A) There is an epic fight scene. It’s epic. It’s literally like ten or fifteen minutes long. It’s brutal. I was so sore for like three days. Then, the fight scene was one whole day or a day and a half. It was a day and a half or two days of fights! So, that’s a lot. It should be epic. There will be nude people fighting. [laughs] I don’t necessarily think it will be me and Stephen. But you never know! We’re only up to episode seven right now.
Q) We loved seeing Michael Emerson guest star last season. Who can you tease will be making a guest appearance this season?
A) Vinnie Jones and Michael Jai White. There are a couple of other people that I had fun working with.

Edited by tv echo

TV Ratings: 'Arrow' Rises to the Occasion in Season 7 Premiere
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - October 16, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/16/tv-ratings-arrow-premiere-cw/

In addition to the solid ratings performance, Arrow's premiere shocked fans with a twist ending that featured the return of Roy Harper. According to star Stephen Amell, this won't be the only surprise character to make an appearance this season.

"After the premiere, we really isolate Oliver," Amell said, suggesting that he gets very few visitors after tonight's season opener. "He goes a long time without interacting with really any familiar face. I have enjoyed the couple of visitors that I’ve had. I actually had one recently with a character that I haven’t had a sit-down scene with in some time, and it was really fun to work with them again."

"He finds some enemies that you would expect to be his enemies in prison, but we also have him team up with a few unexpected people, and those scenes have been fun," he added. "We have a new character, Stanley, that we meet in the pilot and he and Oliver sort of form an unlikely alliance. We also have someone come back that I know we were able to slip through without anyone knowing about it, and it was really really exciting to work with that character."

Edited by tv echo

Source link for above SpoilerTV info:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/arrow-episode-706-710-titles-revealed.html

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Supergirl, Arrow, Grey's, Manifest, #OneChicago, Star, Legends, Supernatural and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 17 2018
https://tvline.com/2018/10/17/supergirl-season-4-spoilers-kara-lena-friendship-luthor-rivalry/

On Arrow, what can you share about Diggle and Felicity’s interactions while Oliver is in prison? –Jennifer
“In the second episode, we’ll see how they’re working together, because obviously they both want to see Diaz behind bars,” showrunner Beth Schwartz answered when we hand-delivered your Q. “But there’s definite tension, for sure — with everyone,” Dinah, Curtis and Rene included. “Some people want to go back to how it was, and some people have moved on. So that will be the challenge at the beginning of the season.”

Edited by tv echo

‘Arrow’: Ben Lewis Joins Cast For Season 7 Arc As Hero’s Adult Son
by Geoff Boucher  October 17, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/10/arrow-ben-lewis-cast-oliver-queen-son-will-1202484727/

Ben Lewis is joining the cast of the CW’s Arrow for a season-long arc after being introduced in Monday night’s season premiere as the future adult version of William “Will” Clayton, the son of Oliver Queen and the late Samantha Clayton.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Ha, ha - The CW finally corrected their 703 synopsis...

CURTIS GOES UNDERCOVER FOR ARGUS — Still in prison, Oliver (Stephen Amell) faces his biggest challenge yet.  Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) gets an intriguing offer, and Diggle (David Ramsey) asks Curtis (Echo Kellum) to go undercover for ARGUS.  Gordon Verheul directed the episode with teleplay by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Sarah Tarkoff and story by Elizabeth Kim (#703).  Original airdate 10/29/2018.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Arrow’: Juliana Harkavy & Rick Gonzalez on Their Characters’ Season 7 Journey
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      OCTOBER 18, 2018
http://collider.com/arrow-season-7-juliana-harkavy-rick-gonzalez-interview/

Collider: What can you say about where Dinah is at, this season, and how did you feel when you found out what her journey would be?
JULIANA HARKAVY:
I was excited because I think it’s so important to build on these characters, to give them layers, and to give their stories a lot of movement. There are so many episodes and there is so much story to tell, so it’s a great step for her. It’s not necessarily where she wanted to be, but I like that she’s in that place because now she has to think and be resourceful.

How will Rene be dealing with figuring out what his place is now, with Oliver in prison and a new Green Arrow vigilante in town?
RICK GONZALEZ:
It makes him feel like, maybe I should be pushing the envelope and continuing to be in a place of vigilantism. I think the stance is, if I do that, then I go to jail and I jeopardize being a dad for my daughter. But what makes Rene, Rene is being someone who says, “I can go around the rules, as long as I’m doing what I feel in my heart.” Those are the normal dilemmas for Rene. He’s like, do I do the right thing, or do I just say F it and do what I feel in my heart? Those are the questions we’ll probably see Rene ask this year.
Do you think Rene ever considered going to work at Argus with Diggle and Curtis?
GONZALEZ:
Oh, no. He [punched the clock] for awhile at City Hall. Working with Lance was his way of giving that a shot. I do think Rene is either a person who has big ideas and wants to control the narrative, or is somebody who just does it on his own. Although he’ll force himself to be administrative when he needs to be, I think he sees himself in the pilot seat.

At least right now, Dinah seems confident in the choice that she’s made. Is that something that she’ll start to regret or question?
HARKAVY:
Dinah has this urge to provide justice and to be a hero, but I don’t know if the SCPD on its own is gonna cut it. I think she’s gonna miss being in that suit.

Her decision to enforce the law is putting her at odds with Rene. Will there continue to be tension between them?
HARKAVY:
Because the hierarchy has changed and Oliver is not there anymore, all of their relationships are shifting, and there’s extra stress and tension on the whole team. That’s probably going to ebb and flow everybody’s relationships. They’re gonna have to work through some conflict because they don’t really have a solid team anymore, and their leader is not there.

How will that dynamic continue to play out?
GONZALEZ:
They both have opposing ideas on how to help the city. Dinah’s takes a really important role that she decides is gonna be the best way for her to help the city, and she wants Rene to also follow in those footsteps. They want to help in different ways, and those ways clash. I think they love each other, and they’re like brother and sister, but they’re very passionate. The fireworks are gonna fly.
What’s it been like to have Beth Schwartz step up as showrunner, for Season 7?
GONZALEZ: It’s amazing! Season 7 is a transitional year for us, and having her as a part of our show, coming in as showrunner, she brings this energy that I think are powerful for the show. Her ideas are also powerful for the show. She embodies a spirit that welcomes everyone and that empowers women. That energy is awesome to be around. I think she’s such a talented writer that her work screams off the pages for us. I’m biased to Season 5 ‘cause that’s when I first came in, but after reading the first 10 episodes of this season, I’m like, “Okay, this might give Season 5 a run for its money.” I just think the energy that Beth is bringing to the show is pushing the envelope. It’s something that the show probably always needed. When you get to Season 7, you need to go outside the box, and not too far, but you need to find a way to keep the audience engaged, and she does that effortlessly. We’re very blessed and lucky to have her come on board and inject the energy that we needed, story wise.

Edited by tv echo

7x04 - Level Two episode description:

RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN — Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a drastic move in his quest to find Diaz (Kirk Acevedo). Like her husband, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) pulls out all the stops to get to Diaz. Meanwhile, when arsonists target Rene’s (Rick Gonzalez) community center, injuring Zoe (guest star Eliza Faria) in the process, the mysterious new Green Arrow swoops in to help save the day. Faced with pressure from the mayor to capture the vigilante, Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) must decide if following the rules at all costs is the best plan to keep the city safe. Ben Bray directed the episode written by Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Tonya Kong (#704). Original airdate 11/5/2018.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1