Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 7

• Start Topic

(edited)

David Ramsey | Arrow Season 7 | Comic-Con 2018 | John Diggle
Published on Jul 23, 2018, by KSiteTV

-- This is the same DR interview that was transcribed from the Whedonopolis Videos video posted upthread.

David Ramsey - Arrow - SDCC 2018
Published on Jul 23, 2018, by Lisa Steinberg

-- DR: "I think you kind of originally looked at Diggle as kind of the de facto leader every time Oliver disappeared. There's some of that. But, as you know, Old Team Arrow and New Team Arrow are very fragmented... But he is high-ranking in ARGUS, and both teams are taking advantage of those resources at the beginning of the season. So ARGUS is playing a big role just in us continuing to track down Diaz. And we have no lair, so it's serving like almost, um, mission headquarters, if you will."

-- DR: "But in terms of the [Oliver/Diggle] relationship, right off the top in 701, we're five months into the prison sentence, and Diggle's visiting Oliver. And this is a regular occurrence. And, um, he's giving him a report. He's, uh, there for morale... You saw this at the end of last season, maybe near the last two or three episodes, there was a relationship kind of re-bonding between the two guys, even though they have two different leadership styles and it's a complicated relationship. But certainly, over the past five months, it's, uh - he's very concerned with Oliver, and Oliver's very concerned with the people that are in protective custody, if you will. That might be a bit of a spoiler, but who cares... It's a relationship that's ongoing, but it's strong. It's strong. I mean, it's not second-quite-in-command again, because like the command center is different - command structure is different."

-- On whether Diggle will return to working with Oliver as part of Team Arrow now that Roy is returning, DR: "There's always that chance. But I think they really want to play out the whole, um - I think ARGUS is big... ARGUS, like in the SHIELD counterpart of Marvel, has bosses. We used a lot of resources last year to track down Diaz in ARGUS, and I think that's a story. You know, there's some bosses that they have to answer to. And because they don't have any more resources, Old Team Arrow and New Team Arrow, they have to use the resources of ARGUS... That provides a conundrum of sorts, because they have to answer for this. And you also have to play this, um, outside of the eyes of Watson, who you have a deal with, that we can't put on the mask anymore. And, uh, we can no longer play vigilante... Getting back to the old team, there's a pool for that, kind of within the media and, I think, the fans... I can't say when we will get back to that, but I think there's a lot of story to be told about how, uh - of how we're all trying to do the same thing without doing it Oliver's way. And I think that has to play itself out."

-- DR: "I think you're going to see a lot more, not just of Diggle's, uh, life with Lyla, but also his extended family, which we haven't seen."

-- DR: "I think hiding or concealing himself within the arm of ARGUS is a big part. I keep mentioning that, because they don't have any other cover, because we cannot play dress-up at night anymore... ARGUS will be the big shield that we use. (Smiles) ARGUS will be the SHIELD that we use."

Edited by tv echo
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

How Arrow Season 7 Will Be Affected By Oliver's Time In Prison
BY BRITT LAWRENCE July 22, 2018
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/2453550/how-arrow-season-7-will-be-affected-by-oliver-time-in-prison

... CinemaBlend's Nick Venable was present at Arrow's press interviews during 2018's San Diego Comic-Con where Arrow star Stephen Amell revealed how Oliver's experience in prison would affect Season 7, saying:

"It's bad. Oliver's in prison with a bunch of people that he put in prison. So it's not great. We actually, you'll see in the trailer, we got some people to come back to the show that we haven't seen in quite some time. . . . The thing that I like about Oliver right now -- and if I was a viewer and I was a fan of it, it would make me mad, which is good -- in the [premiere], there's nothing about him that is heroic. And that has been really, really fun for me to play. Because he's always the "take charge, solve the problem, and save people" and that's not what he's doing in the premiere."

While Oliver deals with prison life on the inside, his wife Felicity is dealing with the repercussions of his incarceration on the outside. Arrow showrunner, Beth Schwartz, teased how Oliver's imprisonment will affect his relationship with his wife, as well as the toll it will take on Felicity, as she deals with the full impact of being married to an inmate. Schwartz said:

"They're going to struggle. Because, you know, Felicity's husband is in prison, so I really want to play with the reality of that. What is it like for your husband now that his identity is outed, and her safety is in question? You know, everyone knows who she is and her son. So we're just playing with the real, and how hard that is, even without him being a superhero, but having her husband in prison. That's not gonna be great for her. Or him."
"So, Star City is not doing well. It did not end in a great place, because Diaz basically corrupted the whole city. And then without the Green Arrow, there's a lot of crime, and [where] we start, it's not a good place to be without our hero."
Speaking of crime, Oliver will be surrounded by criminals in a completely different way than he is usually accustomed in Season 7. And he will not have access to weapons when he faces those he played a pivotal role in apprehending. So how will Oliver's prison life be explored? Arrow director James Bamford opened up on what fans could expect to see without giving away how long Oliver will actually remain behind bars. On Oliver having to hang around his opponents, Bamford teased:

"The dynamics in that prison, depending on how long he stays in that prison, are very, very different from the Oliver and the dynamic that you've seen on the rest of the show previously. So it's a new element to this show that way, and it's something that you haven't seen before. And you're gonna find it really interesting. For instance, what would happen if Batman went to prison, and in the cell next to him, The Joker was just chilling, making hamburgers, or what have you. The possibilities are endless of trying to take advantage of all the situations that could and would probably arise within that sort of mythology."

What Team Arrow Is Up To With Oliver In Prison For Season 7
BY MICK JOEST  July 24, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2454329/what-team-arrow-is-up-to-with-oliver-in-prison-for-season-7

... During a press roundtable at San Diego Comic-Con, Arrow stunt coordinator and frequent director James Bamford clued CinemaBlend and other outlets in on what the team members are up to in the months following Oliver's big confession:

"The rest of the team will be dealing with their lives with Oliver absent, and not having a team leader, per se, and dealing with the consequences of not only what's happened when he's admitted to the world that, 'Yes, I am the Green Arrow,' but the consequences that's had on the rest of the team. Because they've all been outed as well, so you'll see how the rest of the world sort of has to handle that, and how they go on with their lives accordingly...or not go on with their lives, what have you. It's a pretty dark space without Oliver being around in his original position, I think you'll find. We're taking the show to new levels of grit right off the bat in the premiere, and some things will happen that you'll be like, 'Holy shit, I can't believe they did that.'"
Of course, vigilantism was still illegal prior to Oliver's big reveal, so it's also completely possible some members will carry on the shadow-cloaked heroism like it's business as usual. Rick Gonzalez, who plays Rene, wouldn't say too much about his character in particular in Arrow Season 7, but did speak to the group as a whole, and confirmed each hero will have to make a decision about how they choose to move forward with their fearless leader duking it out with former villains behind bars.
"I don't want to tease too much about that, because I feel like that's gonna be a nice reveal for the first episode, but I think mentally, the thing to keep in mind is: obviously, being a vigilante has been outlawed. In Season 6, we've established that. So there's that dilemma, and you know, the characters have to also take that into account. And that's what I love about the show, we try to ground it as much on a real level with all the jurisdiction on the show that the characters have to adhere to -- or not. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made, especially with Oliver in prison, telling us to keep fighting. But how do we do that? How do we interpret that? So right away, I think you'll see we start to see what fighting back means, for each character."

Rick Gonzalez dropped a tease that there's something going on with Wild Dog in Arrow's Season 7 premiere, so fans likely won't need to wait long to see how that emotionally driven character is moving forward....
While Oliver is in jail dealing with many of the bad elements of his past, other members of Team Arrow are also stuck in the past. When CinemaBlend's Nick Venable asked Juliana Harkavy whether Dinah would even want to see the team back together again after the events of Season 6, here's what she said:

"I think despite her inclination to want to be a loner, to do things on her own and take care of business on her own, the team gave her a family. So I think she does want everybody back together, and I think she does feel bad and guilty about what happened to Oliver. And we're better as a unit, you know? That's the other thing about her this season, I really want her to keep understanding the meaning of the team and the family."
Speaking off family, Arrow producers have already shared a lot about Felicity's mindset when Season 7 picks up, and so far, it sounds like her main goal is to be there for William and to keep him safe. The trailer definitely has us questioning whether she can do the latter successfully, although Emily Bett Rickards didn't sound too worried, making it sound like Felicity's got this parenting thing locked down when asked about her evolution as a mother figure.

"I do feel like she has stepped up to the role as a mother, but I think, too, as a friend. I mean, the kid isn't so much a kid. He's lost a lot, he's grown up a lot."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Also in the video in this article, SA was asked about an Olicity baby...

-- Interviewer: "Everybody wants to see the baby. Can you give me anything there?" SA: "What baby?" Interviewer: "We want to see the Olicity baby, man." Interviewer: "It's not coming? Ever?" SA: "Not that I know of."

'Arrow': Stephen Amell Teases How Long Oliver Will Be in Jail [VIDEO]
By NICOLE DRUM - July 24, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/24/arrow-stephen-amell-teases-how-long-oliver-in-jail/

Speaking with ComicBook.com at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend, Amell hinted that Oliver's time behind bars might last longer than fans are expecting it to.

"I don't know if that's going to influence it, but Oliver is definitely in jail and I think that he's going to be in jail I think longer than people expect," Amell said.

The "influence" that Amell isn't certain about is "Green Arrow: Escape From Super Max", the script for a Green Arrow live-action film that never made it to production. That film would have followed the general idea that Green Arrow ends up incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit, with Oliver then locked up behind bars with the very villains he took down in a high security supermax facility. While the defunct film may not be a direct source, as we've seen both in the official synopsis for the upcoming season and casting news there will be some distinct similarities.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SDCC 2018: Writer/Producer Beth Schwartz - ARROW
Published on Jul 24, 2018, by WithAnAccentTV

-- Beth Schwartz: "So the big theme for this year is redemption. Um, definitely for Oliver and all our other characters. He has - because his identity was outed last season, there's definitely, you know, mixed feelings in the city about how people felt about the Green Arrow, whether he was a hero, whether he wasn't... He's got a long way to go. He's got to redeem the [unintelligible word-Green Arrow?] and himself."

-- On Batwoman coming to the crossover, Beth Schwartz: "I wish I could tell you more, but it's a little early for the crossover. You know, we haven't even - we're still working on the beginning of the season. But I was so excited when I saw that. It's going to be awesome."

-- On how we find the rest of the team when S7 starts, Beth Schwartz: "Everyone's kind of spread out, doing their own thing. They all get along. Everyone, you know, has made up. At the end of last season. But they've all found, you know, what makes them a hero to the city that was not necessarily being on a team, um, without their leader. So they all have kind of a different role - we're going to find them in different roles."

-- On who's Mayor of Star City now, Beth Schwartz: "There will be a new Mayor, you will see."

-- Beth Schwartz: "I am so excited that Roy is back. Personally because my, uh - his first episode on the show I wrote and so I feel definitely sort of [unintelligible word] toward his character. And he's going to come back and again he's going to be in a - we're going to see him in a different capacity than we usually see him." 

SDCC 2018: Stephen Amell & Producer Beth Schwartz - ARROW

-- On how long Oliver can realistically stay in prison while things go down outside, SA: "He has a life sentence... Well, Oliver can break out of prison at any point in time. Right? He's in prison because that's the terms of the deal that he made, right? And Beth and I talked a lot about this because I was like, 'we know that Oliver can break out of prison at any point, right?' So, um, no, he's there, he's in."

-- On how he thinks the world is going to react to the news that Oliver is the GA, SA: "We touch on that a little bit in the premiere and the lack of vigilantes in Star City. Um, but Oliver really has effectively no contact with the outside world. Like, his day-by-day and his prison time is just that. Time."

-- On what kind of emotional place Oliver is in, since he has no contact with the outside world, SA: "Bad. Real bad. He's really bad... The thing that I really enjoy playing in the premiere is that there's absolutely nothing heroic about Oliver. In fact, like, it's kind of the opposite. Uh, and if you're a fan of his and you root for him, I really hope that the premiere makes you mad."

-- On his prison beard, SA: "Oliver... has a prison look, that's for sure."

-- On who Oliver's going to face in jail, SA: "He's in jail with people that he put in jail... We have been very fortunate to get some people back on the show that you haven't seen in awhile."

-- On how Oliver will react to Batwoman, SA: "Oliver's interaction with Batwoman is not the interaction that I'm most interested in... Then again, I have to get out of prison... The crossover is just one long visitation." (Mimes talking into a phone)

-- On Oliver not treating Felicity like a partner last season and going to jail without telling her his plan, SA: "I thought that he let her in a lot last year. Um, I thought that what he did in the finale, um, you know, [unintelligible word] a lot of people, certainly didn't help their relationship. Um, and, uh, you know, one of the things that we wrestle with in the premiere is what if we made the wrong f**kin' call? You know, we might've. It wouldn't have been the first time. Uh, but we really - we really wrestle with that."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SDCC 2018: Producer/Director James Bamford - ARROW

-- JBamford: "I think you'll find a lot of surprises this season. Um, the writing is very, very intelligent. Um, our new showunner, Beth Schwartz, has a lot of fantastic plans on the direction to take our characters and how to introduce our new characters. And, uh, as far as our Big Bad or Big Bads, if I said anything, I'd get completely put away, so... (Interviewer: "Is it canon or something else?") Yes."

-- On whether he got direct something new this year, JBamford: "Yes. In the premiere, you'll find some elements with a Season 1 feel, but, um, you'll find other elements that are new, uncharted territory that we've - going places that we've never done... What I can say is this - and I've said this to some of the other folks over there - Beth and I had a phone call with BS&P, which is our censors, um, a very lengthy phone call about a particular scene sequence that we've never had before. So we're really trying to push the limits on the show in the gritty factor and what - you know, and trying to go as far as you can go, within the confines of, you know, our network and what's expected of us and what we can and can't do. We're not on Netflix, so we'll never be able to, you know, X, Y and Z. But, um, we're damn sure gonna try."

James Bamford ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
Published on Jul 24, 2018, by Seat42F

-- JBamford: "You'll find Oliver Queen in a completely different light than we've ever seen him. I know, going in to every new season, you always hear things like that. But Season 7 in particular, you'll find him in a completely different place than he's ever been. Um, when he was back on Lian Yu in the flashbacks, he was very vulnerable when he started out, and progressively he became what we know as the Green Arrow. Um, now I would say that we can look at Season 7 as a new start, if you will, in progression in his character, within his character... You'll get to see what, hopefully we're painting the picture properly, but you'll get to see what prison life - how prison life would affect a human being, even someone as strong, both mentally and physically, as the Green Arrow... We'll get to see how prison life affects even the strongest of people. How it can break you down, and how it can - I know it all sounds very dark, because it is. Um, and our goal is to try to portray - you know, within our established mythology - to try to portray the prison as realistic as humanly possible, you know, as you can, while keeping, you know, as I said, our established mythology intact. Um, but we're trying very hard to be as technically correct with different aspects of the policies and procedures that you would find within a prison... I was myself a corrections officer while I was very young.... a couple years ago. A long time ago... Obviously, we're taking liberties because it's a television show, but, uh... but you'll find that it's as close to real as you can get. I mean, it's not Oz... 'cause we're not HBO. We can't go there. We would if we could... Like I said, you'll find him a different person in how he handles himself within the confines of the structure of the prison. And you'll see some new character development as a result of that. And then the same thing for the other characters outside of that, how they're doing with their lives while their team captain is incarcerated. And what happens after he tells the world 'I'm the Green Arrow.' You know, it doesn't only affect him in a certain way, but it affects everyone else. All the other vigilantes effectively have been outed as well, so how the hell do you go on the rest of your life? Not to mention, where's Ricardo Diaz? ... So there's a lot of 'if's'. And the season could go anywhere, and it's going to."

SDCC 2018: Echo Kellum & Emily Bett Rickards - ARROW

-- On whether Felicity will be angry at Oliver, EBR: "Felicity has a lot of emotions. I think they're very confusing and anger is one of them. Also, she's extremely horny because she hasn't had sex in five months." EK: "No conjugal visits!" EBR: "You know what I was thinking of? Not to spoil anything, but yeah, if she goes to prison, like, I would just have to [slide/slite?] right in, like, 'Sex Room'... On the top of the day, it's like 'Sex Room.' And at the top of the day, it's still 'Sex Room.'" EK: "So there's not of happenin' the last five months, you know."

-- On whether Felicity and Curtis are still working on their business, EK: "Yeah, we're trying to create a new type of tech for people who haven't had [unintelligible words]. We're really working on that... But you know, we're working, we're working hard, trying to make something."

-- They joked about Curtis' T-Spheres being a babysitter for William because they can be nanny cams and defense weapons.

SDCC 2018: Rick Gonzalez - ARROW

-- RG: "To me, Wild Dog's theme the entire time has been redemption. So personally speaking, from his perspective, like, what are the choices of him becoming, you know, becoming a vigilante. With Oliver going to prison now, Oliver gave a directive to say, 'hey, keep on fighting.' So now we have to see how Rene interprets that. Right? ... I think this entire season will be like - will take us all the way back to the beginning of why each character decided to become a vigilante or not, and all the choices they've made in between that leads them to this moment here, which will be the redemption arc that we kinda want to complete for this season. But again, I feel like I've - my character's always been living in that place. Every decision he's made is because he's felt like, I didn't like where I started from, so I'm going to correct it, you know, 'cause I'm going to change my trajectory. So, uh, with this year, I feel like there may be something pivotal for Rene, I hope, you know, that the writers can come up with, because I care about Rene, you know. I want to see him do good."

-- On whether Rene will have more time with Zoe, RG: "I hope so." He compared Rene to Logan (Wolverine), who had this darkness but also had this loving energy toward his daughter. He also thought that Rene would love it if Zoe decided to become a superhero one day.

-- RG then talked about how great the cast is with each other behind the scenes, both with the newbies and with the veterans.

SDCC 2018: Arrow - Juliana Harkavy (Black Canary/Dinah Drake)
Published on Jul 24, 2018, by haydenclaireheroes

-- On what she can tell us about S7, JH: "It is, within the first paragraph of reading the pilot episode, my jaw was on the floor.. So it's really exciting. It's new. The format is new. You know, we have new writers, new showrunners, so it's a little bit different, um, just stylistically. And, um, I think it's going to be amazing. I have a good feeling. I think it's going to be a great season."

-- JH: "I really hope to see more of Dinah's background and her past, you know, the flashbacks or however we do it. Um, I have my own story that I set up for her in my head, but it's always interesting to see how that differs from what's written. And it just adds so many layers to see so many bits and pieces of her past, especially since she did come in later."

-- On what Dinah's relationship with Black Siren will be this season, JH: "It's complicated, you know, it's complicated. But I do think that the death of Quentin, um, gave her a little bit of empathy for Black Siren, for sure."

-- JH: "Especially with Oliver in prison, she really wants to - you know, she's looking at things differently."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Beth Schwartz ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmyOtI5hes

-- Same Beth Schwartz interview as transcribed from the Showbiz Junkies video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Arrow - Beth Schwartz (Executive Producer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul3Dr3hCbYk

-- Same Beth Schwartz interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Arrow Stephen Amell - (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaDbandSjU

-- Same SA/BS interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread.

Stephen Amell ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxqsOBmUkz0

-- Same SA interview as transcribed from the Showbiz Junkies video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Arrow Stephen Amell - (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaDbandSjU

-- Same SA interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread.

Emily Bett Rickards Echo Kellum ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZuAnVafzsQ

-- Same EBR/EK interview as transcribed from another video posted upthread (I don't recall which one, it's the one where they joke about a "G Force drug").

SDCC 2018 Interviews - Echo Kellum & Emily Bett Rickards | Arrow
Published on Jul 24, 2018, by The Fandom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1gzFYwDrY

-- Same EBR/EK interview as transcribed from the GeekRock TV video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Arrow - Echo Kellum and Emily Bett Rickards (Curtis/Mr. Terrific and Felicity Smoak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZM-wWU1NhE

-- Same EBR/EK interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread.

David Ramsey ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHlURwsQBgg

-- Same DR interview as transcribed from the Showbiz Junkies video posted upthread.

Colton Haynes ARROW Comic Con 2018 Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IIFyxnPKAo

-- Same CH interview as transcribed from the Showbiz Junkies video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Arrow - Rick Gonzalez (Wild Dog/Rene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GKwlFqNSGQ

-- Same RG interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

'Arrow': Emily Bett Rickards Teases Broken Relationships in Season 7 [VIDEO]
By NICOLE DRUM - July 25, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/25/arrow-season-7-broken-relationship-emily-bett-rickards/

Last season on Arrow saw a lot of relationships tested and break apart, particularly when it came to the original members of Team Arrow and its newer additions. While things looked like they were coming back together by the season finale though, it sounds like things may not be better in season seven.

Speaking with ComicBook.com at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend, series star Emily Bett Rickards said that relationships remain broken and there is going to be more fighting as well.

"Going forward relationships are broken," Rickards said. "Somebody said we're going to be doing more fighting and I was like 'how [is that] possible?' but sure."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow': Colton Haynes Teases "Amazing" Return For Roy Harper [VIDEO]
By JENNA ANDERSON - July 24, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/24/arrow-season-7-roy-harper-return-colton-haynes-sdcc-2018/

At last weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, ComicBook.com got a chance to chat with Colton Haynes, who will be reprising his role as Roy Harper on the hit The CW series. As he explained, he was pitched Roy's return by Arrowverse titan Greg Berlanti, and it was just too spectacular to say no too.

“I got a call from Greg Berlanti, and he said ‘Hey’." Haynes explained. "I was shooting [American] Horror Story at the time. And he said ‘If you want to come back, you’re welcome to come back. We have a great idea.’ And it’s the craziest idea. Roy Harper’s coming back in a way that no one is going to understand. It’s amazing, and I was like ‘I can’t wait to be around my friends and my family!’ And so I, of course, jumped at that opportunity.”

Although Haynes kept the details relatively slim about exactly how Roy comes back, he did hint that it will be a genuine surprise to the show's fans, while also helping take Arrow back to its roots.

“You guys have no idea what’s happening with Roy Harper." Haynes revealed. "It’s a crazy storyline, I can say. It’s nothing like he’s been before. It’s going to shock [so many people]. I’m shocked right now. It’s going to shock a lot of people. Roy’s not the same person. I can’t say much, but we’re returning back to our roots on the show. Not the characters, but the show — We’re going back to how we were a couple of seasons ago. But it’s going to just be so good. Beth Schwartz, our new show runner, is just — She’s a dream. She’s changing everything and she’s making everything the way I think the show was at the beginning.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Arrow': David Ramsey Teases an Even Bigger Arrowverse Crossover [VIDEO]
By NICOLE DRUM - July 24, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/25/arrow-david-ramsey-teases-even-bigger-crossover/

Speaking with ComicBook.com at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend, Ramsey marveled at how the Arrowverse manages to outdo itself every time. He was especially impressed with how what little he knows of the crossover takes things "bigger and bigger".

"How do you go bigger?" Ramsey said. "Like, every single year they do these crossovers, it's like it's bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger so it's just, I have no idea how they do it. So of course, they don't have a script yet but they kind of break the story somewhat so when I found out kind of what they want to do it was just like really? You're just gonna go even bigger? Every year it's just bigger and bigger and bigger."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Stephen Amell Welcomes ‘Batwoman’ to the CW With Open arms
Shannon Toohey July 25, 2018
https://fanfest.com/2018/07/25/stephen-amell-welcomes-batwoman-to-the-cw-with-open-arms/

Stephen Amell was able to represent The CW, Arrow and Oliver Queen this past week during San Diego Comic Con where he spoke to press about the upcoming season of the hit DC series.
"If Oliver gets out of prison, I’m excited to see how he’ll interact back in Star City, with people knowing his identity. Being in prison-that’s a new thing for me to do. 140 episodes in, having something new to do is exciting."
He was also asked about The CW’s announcement of their development of a Batwoman series and what it’s like to finally acknowledge that Gotham exists in the universe.

"I think it’s great. The more the merrier. I’ve always taken a lot of pride in the fact that our show has helped-not been detrimental-but helped and lent a hand to other shows. I hope Dave Rapapport nails the Batwoman casting. I hope she’s awesome. I hope their show does ten years."
Stephen Amell briefly touched upon the crossover episode this year, explaining that it may look different than the doozy that was this year’s event.

"We went so big with the crossover, we can’t go bigger. We have to go more about the characters and the story."

A final word from Oliver came as a member of the press talked about the popularity of Batman in the DC Universe:

"Batman’s royalty. Someone played Green Arrow before me. Somebody’s gonna play it after me. I’m very very comfortable with his spot in the DC Universe. I just hope that as a caretaker for Oliver Mcqueen: that I’ve done it a little bit of justice."

Edited by tv echo

Beth Schwartz on Laurel

So, I love Black Siren. She is so fun. What we loved about Katie and the character from last year is that you never really know which side she's on. Is she good? Is she bad? She falls somewhere in between. And so this year, with Lance's death -- which was really sad, I'm still not over it -- she has a lot. You know, she's pissed. She's pissed at Diaz, so she has a grudge. And so we're gonna see her dealing with that. . . . Yeah, she's gonna play between good and bad again, and we're gonna see how that affects her when she wants to get revenge for Lance's death.

Juliana on DD/LL

It was intense, and I think that relationship and that dynamic is evolving in a very cool way. You know, they are still definitely at odds, but yeah, there is going to be a shift there, for sure. Actually, some of my favorite writing this season has been the stuff between Dinah and Laurel.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2454474/what-katie-cassidys-black-siren-will-be-doing-when-arrow-season-7-begins

(edited)

SDCC 2018 Interviews - Beth Schwartz | Arrow
Published on Jul 25, 2018, by The Fandom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BQ2RyHarpo

-- Same Beth Schwartz interview as transcribed from the Fangirlish video posted upthread (same interview that CinemaBlend apparently participated in, because it includes the same Black Siren and Dinah comments; also, same interview where Beth said that Olicity is going to struggle).

SDCC 2018 - David Ramsey - Arrow Press Roundtable Interview
Published on Jul 26, 2018, by Down And Nerdy Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7ohxJV39s

-- Same DR interview as transcribed from the Showbiz Junkies video posted upthread.

SDCC 2018: Juliana Harkavy - ARROW
Published on Jul 25, 2018, by WIthAnAccentTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ask5ucI96GA

-- Same JH interview as transcribed from the haydenclaireheroes video posted upthread.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Also transcribed from the video...

-- On whether we'll see more of Diggle's back story in the future, DR: "You will, You will see a lot more, because, uh, our headquarters is gone, right? So New Team Arrow, Old Team Arrow is basically using the resources of ARGUS, who John Diggle is a part of and obviously his wife is the leader of. So, um, you'll see a lot of back story between him - he and Lyla, and also, um, of his extended family... Where does Diggle come from? I think you'll see some of that this season as well."

'Arrow': David Ramsey Teases Oliver & Diggle's Relationship in Season 7 [VIDEO]
By JENNA ANDERSON - July 25, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/25/arrow-season-7-oliver-queen-john-diggle-david-ramsey-sdcc-2018/

ComicBook.com recently caught up with David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle/Spartan on the long-running The CW series, about what fans can expect in the upcoming seventh season. According to Ramsey, Oliver and Diggle will have sort of reconciled the major differences that they had in the previous season, now that Oliver is stuck in a SuperMax prison.

"At the beginning of the season, he’s visiting Oliver in prison." Ramsey explained in our interview, which you can check out above. "There’s a relationship that’s really formed. These guys are bros again. He’s giving him updates about what’s happening in the world, of trying to catch and take down Diaz. So, over the past five months of the imprisonment of Oliver Queen, John Diggle’s been right there for him.”

Considering how many evolutions Oliver and Diggle's dynamic has undergone over Arrow's tenure, there will certainly be plenty of fans who are happy to hear that the duo are on good terms. But what would early John Diggle - who started out as Oliver's bodyguard in Season 1 - think of where things are now?

“He’s surprised that [Oliver is] not dead." Ramsey revealed. "That he actually made it six years as a vigilante. I think, also, that he would be surprised that he became kind of a costumed vigilante himself. I think that he would be surprised at that."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This is basically the online version of portions of the "Burning Questions" section of the 2018 TV Guide Comic-Con Special magazine issue (previously posted upthread as pics in smoak3d tweets)...

'Arrow' Season 7: Showrunner Beth Schwartz Answers All Your Burning Questions
Damian Holbrook July 21, 2018 4:00 pm
https://www.tvinsider.com/702983/arrow-season-7-burning-questions-answered/

Showrunner Beth Schwartz gives us some hints:

Ricardo is at large! Uh-oh.
For the first time, the show’s big bad wasn’t vanquished in the finale, which means the mobster is sticking around and, per the showrunner, is furious about Oliver’s attack on his gang. "When we see him again, he is not going to be very happy. He’ll definitely be out for blood," says Schwartz. 

So maybe it’s a good thing Oliver is behind bars for his vigilante crimes?
Not so much. “Prison isn’t great for Oliver Queen. It’s not going to go well,” says Schwartz, teasing that “we’ll see some of the people that he’s put in prison” over the past six seasons.

Why wasn’t Oliver sent to Iron Heights?
Instead of doing time in the Arrowverse’s go-to penitentiary, the unmasked good guy is behind bars in what Schwartz calls the “brutal” Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Adds Schwartz, “We wanted to up the stakes and see a new prison that was filled with a little more dangerous type of people.”

How is Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) handling the fact that her husband is locked up?
Most likely with her usual pluck and resilience! Everyone on the team will be “in a different place than you would expect when the show returns,” says Schwartz. “They’re all going to have different reactions to Oliver being in prison and what their responsibilities are now.”

Thea (departing series star Willa Holland) just left town with Roy (Colton Haynes), so how is Roy coming back without her?
Schwartz promises viewers will learn early on why the two aren’t together. We’ll also see Roy — aka the former vigilante Arsenal — “being a hero in a different sort of way,” she says.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Posting here for archival purposes...

Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards Wants More Small-Scale Arrow-verse Crossovers
BY LAURA HURLEY  JULY 27, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2454680/arrows-emily-bett-rickards-wants-more-small-scale-arrow-verse-crossovers

Arrow's Season 6 finale ended with Oliver locked up in prison, but he's not the only one stuck in circumstances that are less than ideal. With Oliver in the clink, Felicity will have to step up as William's mother, sole household breadwinner, and leader of what remains of Team Arrow. It's actually a situation not entirely unlike what Iris faced between Seasons 3 and 4 of The Flash, when Barry was stuck in the Speed Force. CinemaBlend's Nick Venable spoke to Emily Bett Rickards at San Diego Comic-Con about how more Arrow-verse crossovers on a smaller scale could be beneficial for Felicity in the next season:

"I think if she can call Iris for tips, that would be a really cool thing to do. I think that the two of them should work together more. The fact that we live in separate worlds and pretend they're only one world for one episode of the year is very strange to me. They should call more, and there should be more crossovers that aren't the one crossover."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SDCC 2018 Interview: Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz
Published on Jul 27, 2018, by CODY SCHULTZ

-- On the overall tone for S7, Beth Schwartz: "So the tone is going to be dark... It's going to be - you know, the concept of the show is very dark and, um, there's going to be a lot of callbacks to Season 1... So we're going to continue in that dark, kind of sad tone that I love... The theme is going to be redemption, for all the characters, including obviously Oliver."

-- One asshole (male) interviewer said that he was "bothered" when the show took a "soapy direction" with "the kid and the married life" and he then asked something unintelligible about Oliver being in prison. (I think this was the same media guy who complained to James Bamford about Arrow's "later seasons" becoming "too soapy" in the Lisa Steinberg video with Bamford posted upthread.)  Beth Schwartz replied: "For me, I don't know if this is soapy or not, but what I love is, um, you know, I like grounding our characters in reality. So the reality is he has a wife and he has a child, and how does that affect them when he's in prison? So getting into the real of that - to me, I don't know if I would call that 'soapy' or not. It's more about the - you know, the effects of how that - how it affects everyone on the team, his family. Um, yeah, it's going to be - it's going to be a dark season."

-- On how much "prison content" there will be and how large a theme that prison story will have on Arrow, Beth Schwartz: "It's going to be a lot larger than you might think. It's not going to be one and done. Like, it's not going to be like over after one episode."

-- On how Oliver has changed, Beth Schwartz: "He has done so much growth, like, just from where we saw him even in the pilot. Like I said, we were doing a lot of callbacks to Season 1, so, you know, just rewatching the first season and it's been - especially for me, I've been on the show since Day One... But he's gone from that, like, spoiled rich kid to being, like, a killer, a hero that kills, and then, to now having his - he has a family, he's married with a kid. He revealed his identity and he's now in prison. So, a lot has happened. And he also - just - you're going to see a different, um - you're going to see a different Oliver in the premiere. It's something we haven't seen from him before and it's really - it's fresh and it's exciting."

-- Beth Schwartz: "So the team by the end of last season has, um - they sort of, you know, rallied around Oliver when he,, uh - when he went to prison. And so we're not really - there's no fracture between the team. However, we're going to see, um - everyone is sort of going to be doing something, uh, separate, in their eyes of what Oliver's speech meant. Like, to save the city, what does that mean to each one? And they all have a different way of doing that. But they all get along."

-- On the crossover with Batwoman, Beth Schwartz: "I can't tell you much... mostly because we haven't started. It's too soon. Um, we've been, you know, mostly focusing on the first chapter of the season."

SDCC 2018 Interview: Arrow star Stephen Amell
Published on Jul 27, 2018, by CODY SCHULTZ

-- Same SA interview as transcribed from the Lisa Steinberg interview posted upthread.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SDCC 2018: Arrow - James Bamford (Director)

-- The first half of this video is the same James Bamford interview as transcribed from the WithAnAccentTV video posted upthread. However, the second half of this video is new.

-- James Bamford: "Oh, the crossover. Um, I'll be directing the crossover again this year. It will be episode 9, not episode 8, this year. So it will also be the midseason finale." 

-- JBamford joked that he calls BSchwartz every time he gets asked a question by an actor on set. BSchwartz: "It looks like everyone's scared of me, but that's not what's happening."

-- On the possibility of Felicity and Iris having a nice friendship scene in order to "mend fandoms" (due to the double wedding), JBamford: "I had a lot of scenes in last year's crossover with Emily and Candice, and we just had the greatest time ever. And it's like, afterwards, everybody's texting each other, 'Hey, did you have any pictures of when we were on set?' ... There's no ill will whatsoever, so the fans should know that, you know. Everybody... we're all a big family and, um, no amount of, you know, 'this, this, hate each other, bleh, bleh.' That's not going to change it, so - everybody loves each other." 

-- On trying to cast an openly out actress as Batwoman and whether Arrow is trying to do more "authentic" casting, Beth Schwartz: "We're definitely making sure inclusion is a big deal this season. I don't know if we haven't in the past, but, um, yeah, it's definitely something that we're focused on."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

SDCC 2018: Arrowverse Talks Batwoman
Jul 26, 2018 Joshua Lapin-Bertone
http://thebatmanuniverse.net/batwoman-20/

Although there isn’t much to report yet, that didn’t stop Batwoman from stealing the show during the Comic-Con media sessions for “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” on July 21. 

James Bamford, stunt coordinator and director, gushed over the promo. “We did have the announcement of Batwoman”, he said when asked about the upcoming crossover. “Isn’t that cool,” he said noting the use of the comic images. “Whoever cut that together, it’s so cool,” Bamford said. 

Bamford will be directing a portion of Batwoman’s debut. “I’ll be directing the crossover again this year. It will be episode 9, not episode 8 this year. So it will also be the midseason finale,” he said. When pushed for more details he said it was “Too soon,” a comment echoed by “Arrow” showrunner Beth Schwartz. Another reporter at the table asked Beth about WB’s desire to cast a real lesbian as Kate. “We’re definitely making sure inclusion is a big deal,” Schwartz replied. 

Stephen Amell was a bit more tight-lipped. “Oliver’s interaction with Batwoman is not the interaction in the crossover I’m most interested in,” he said. “Then again, I have to get out of prison,” he said noting his character’s current predicament. 

If you’re looking forward to seeing the gang from “Legends of Tomorrow” interact with Kate Kane, you’ll be disappointed. “We’re not in the crossovers this year. Legends are not in them at all. We’re like doing our own thing,” said Caity Lotz (White Canary). 

“Batgirl is cool,” Brandon Routh (Atom) added. Although he accidentally got the name wrong, he made some great points. “I think the more women heroines the better. They fill out our universe even more. The buzz from the internet seems [to be] excited. I think it’s a good move. Happy to have her be a part of the Arrowverse,” Routh continued. 

Although we won’t be seeing Batwoman and White Canary/Sara Lance interact during the crossover, Lotz was asked if Batwoman could potentially cause complications in Sara’s love life. “Maybe, I don’t know. I feel like Ava and Sara, it’s more than a fling. Some hot chick in a bat costume isn’t going to just pull her away but you never know. I don’t know,” Lotz said.

Edited by tv echo

Posting here since the Mind Your Surroundings thread is locked - another Batwoman audition (same audition scenes as before)...

batwoman audition
Posted: August 1, 2018, by Erika Heidewald

Edited by tv echo

All The New Arrow-verse Characters Coming To The New Seasons
BY NICK VENABLE AND LAURA HURLEY  AUGUST 1, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2454962/all-the-new-arrow-verse-characters-coming-to-the-new-seasons

The Longbow Hunters
The threat of these bad guys was actually introduced back in Arrow's Season 6 finale, when Anatoly took a break from delivering some of the dark episode's minor comic relief to exposit that Ricardo Diaz had recruited the help of "Longbow Hunters." Oliver recognized the name, explaining to his pals that the Longbow Hunters were once three assassins that even the League of Assassins feared, but the last was killed in the 1950s. Oliver will be proved very wrong when Season 7 kicks off and the Longbow Hunters premiere in the flesh. New Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz touched on the debut of these new villains at San Diego Comic-Con, saying this:

"Yes, we're super excited by it. They were mentioned in the finale of Season 6 and we have three Longbow Hunters coming, working with Diaz. And we've got Red Dart, we have Kodiak, and we have the Silencer."
Red Dart
The character of Red Dart is currently shrouded in mystery, although The Wrap reports that she'll be played by Holly Elissa, who is known for roles on Whistler, Fringe, and Supernatural. The Arrow version of Red Dart will be "ruthless" and "precise" as a killer. In DC Comics lore, there were actually two villains who went by the name "Red Dart," and the one to be adapted for Arrow will clearly be the New 52 character from the DC reboot. The comics character fights with a number of trick darts and teamed up with Brick and Killer Moth after being brought together by Richard Dragon. The goal was to collect a bounty on Green Arrow and split it between them. The connection between Red Dart and Ricardo Diaz will apparently follow the comics, but her teammates on Arrow will be very different.
Kodiak
Michael Jonsson, who can be seen in episodes of Van Helsing, The 100, and Supernatural, will tackle the role of Kodiak, and it's clear just by the look of him that he's not somebody anybody wants to be tackled by. On Arrow, he'll be a "beast of a man" who assaults his victims with brute force rather than tricks or powers. Not a whole lot is known about the background of the DC Comics New 52 character of the same name, but he is a formidable foe thanks to his agility and stamina. He's also handy with a shield.
Silencer
As you might expect of a character going by the name "Silencer," this will be one stealthy villain, played by Miranda Edwards of The Magicians, Orphan Black, and yes, Supernatural. In DC Comics, the character was a retired assassin who was previously a high-ranking member of the League of Assassins thanks to her power to silence all sounds around her, thus allowing her to do whatever she wanted to whoever she wanted without alerting victims to her presence via sound. While many fans may have welcomed Silencer using her ability in the Arrow bunker during one of Team Arrow's more ridiculous arguments in Season 6, she'll probably be quite a thorn in the good guys' side when the show returns.
Unnamed SCPD Recruit
If you thought we were kidding about Arrow keeping a tight lid on Season 7 details, the fact that we're now down to unnamed characters should convince you. A new recruit to the Star City Police Department will appear in Season 7 and become a problem for the remnants of Team Arrow. Young and passionately anti-vigilante, she'll have ambitions to rise in the SCPD, and that could mean hunting vigilante crime-fighters. Well, at least she can't catch Oliver! The new Green Arrow (who may or may not be Roy), on the other hand, may not be so lucky.
Unnamed Tech Genius
And here we have Unnamed Character #2! This newcomer will be a gay tech whiz who has found no shortage of success, but hasn't lived a carefree life. A heartbreaking past is concealed behind all the success and smarts. Could this tech genius come into play as part of Felicity and/or Curtis' efforts to launch a company? The role will be recurring, so at least this character will be around more than once.

Edited by tv echo

CW’S ‘BATWOMAN’ SERIES COULD BEGIN FILMING BY NEXT SPRING
By Christopher Marc  August 2, 2018
https://thegww.com/cws-batwoman-series-could-begin-filming-by-next-spring/

We now have word that filming on the Batwoman pilot/series is now eyeing a spring start.

A filming location is currently unknown, but a majority of the CW/DC Comics shows primarily film in Vancouver which seems like an assumed place of production for Batwoman.
An air date has been suggested for 2019, but with a spring shoot it’s likely it won’t start airing until later in the year.

SOURCE: OMEGA UNDERGROUND

Edited by tv echo

GLOW’s Sydelle Noel will return to Arrow this season
BY ALLISON SHOEMAKER   AUGUST 02, 2018
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/08/glows-sydelle-noel-will-return-to-arrow-this-season/

Fresh off GLOW’s excellent second season, series standout Sydelle Noel, who plays Cherry Bang, is headed to a universe full of fights of a very different source. Consequence of Sound can confirm that Noel is headed back to Arrow, the cornerstone of Greg Berlanti’s networking-dominating Arrowverse on The CW.

Noel joined the series last season in the recurring role of FBI Agent Samanda Watson, who often butted heads with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) because she refused to stop doing her job. Consequence of Sound had a chance to speak with her briefly at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, and asked about her future involvement in the series. Her response was a grin, a laugh, and the following:

“I don’t know if I’m allowed to say! But I can say that I’m leaving for Vancouver tomorrow. You can say that I’m leaving for Vancouver, literally tomorrow? So..”

Edited by tv echo

CW HAS 'NO PLANS' TO END ARROW OR ANY SUPERHERO SHOWS YET
BY ALEX GILYADOV  6 AUG 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/06/cw-has-no-plans-to-end-arrow-or-any-superhero-shows-yet?watch

During the TCA summer press tour Pedowitz confirmed all of the network's superhero series, which include Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, and Legends of Tomorrow, will be on the air for a bit longer, after a reporter asked if there were any plans to end the older series to make room for new shows - like The CW's potential Batwoman series.

"Shows do eventually end, we have no plans yet to end any of them; we’ll see where we come out as the season goes on," Pedowitz said. "We've added a sixth night [of programming on Sunday], so we have more space."

CW President on Expanding the Worlds of 'Supernatural' and 'Riverdale'
AUGUST 06, 2018  by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-president-expanding-worlds-supernatural-riverdale-1132410

Spinoffs are a large part of The CW's business. The network has five DC Comics shows that are all cross-connected and all largely started out of Greg Berlanti-produced Arrow and The Flash. A sixth, Batwoman, is in development with the character being introduced this coming season in the annual Arrow-verse crossover event. Pedowitz remained optimistic that adding a sixth night of programming would leave the door open to grow the roster to six, given that there are no current plans to end any of them. "Shows do eventually end, we have no plans yet to end one of or any of them. We'll see where we come out as the season goes on," said the exec.

The CW's roster space will have three immediate openings next season as the network bids farewell this season to Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and iZombie. Pedowitz also used his time before the press to lament the lack of awards recognition for Crazy and Jane, as well as for the stunt work on the DC series. With three immediate openings and the addition of Sundays, Pedowitz believes that the new executive regime at WarnerMedia will keep his network on its current growth track and, should Sundays work, potentially open up Saturdays as a night for originals.

"We have to see how Sunday works. If it does work out and there is support, I'm sure it's a conversation with our board," he said. "I know both parent Warner Bros. and CBS are very happy with The CW's business model. They allowed us to grow into a sixth night, and hopefully a seventh. They're happy with how we're growing, and I expect with the new ownership that that will continue."

Edited by tv echo

Teen Choice 2018 | Rick Gonzalez
Published on Aug 12, 2018, by WarnerChannelLatAm

-- RG: "Well, Oliver's in prison. So, uh, what does Team Arrow do with their leader in prison? So I think we're all going to interpret that in our own way. Um, I wish I could say more. We're shooting now on episode 4. Mind blowing. Like, what's happening? Aaah, I wish I could tell you."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Season 7 spoilers: Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen to change drastically?
By : Prarthna Sarkar Aug 21, 2018 
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/arrow-season-7-spoilers-stephen-amells-oliver-queen-change-drastically-778434

While fielding questions at the recently-concluded San Diego Comic Con Amell said what the writers have done to Queen is unbelievable (in a cool kind of way). He's nothing what he used to be all these years.

"You'll see a completely different Oliver Queen, in fact. And then you'll see the old Oliver Queen explode at a certain point, but we're investigating completely different dynamics within the mythology of the show and that is within Slabside Supermax Prison," the actor further added.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: New Showrunner Promises ‘A Different Twist’ on Fan-Favorite Elements
Meagan Damore   August 22, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-season-7-different-twist

Arrow is headed in a new direction for Season 7. While the series will naturally maintain the elements that fans love, season premiere director James Bamford promised this year will have “a different twist” and the potential to “go any direction.”

“You’ll find a lot of the same elements of the show that are your favorite elements, as far as elements that our fans have come to know and love, but with a different twist,” he explained at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

“We’ve always prided ourselves on being the darkest show, and we’re going to continue to be,” he continued. “Within the universe, we have The Flash. We have Supergirl. We have Legends [of Tomorrow], self-described as more ‘blue sky,’ if you will. We are definitely a nighttime-on-rooftop show. We’re not going to change.”
“We do have our characters that we pepper in elements of fun, so we will, you’ll see, with the other characters. But starting off this season, Oliver is — as you can imagine — in a pretty, pretty dark place. Usually, by the end of the season, as we did at the end of most seasons with the finale, we usually vanquish our big bad for the season and we start off, everything’s great, it’s a new world,” he said. “We didn’t do that last season, right? So we tried to paint a very different picture at the end of last season and leave Oliver in a different place than we’ve seen him, and so there’s a lot of ‘What If?’s and that’s the beauty of Season 7, is it could go any direction.”

“So, although it is very dark — of course, we still have our characters that bring those elements of fun and we pepper it in, but we try to — within moments of combat and whatnot — we try to stay very serious about what we’re doing. And we want to stand out from those other shows, now that there’s like Titans and such. That’s dark. We’re nowhere near that, but we — within the confines of our network and, you’ll see, this season — we are pushing the limits to where we can go. I had several phone calls just for the premiere alone, with our censors, with BSMP[sic], which I’ve never had before as a director, just about handling certain issues which you’ll see in the premiere.”
“It’s so exciting to be on a show that has lasted for seven years and it’s exciting to get to grow with the characters. There’s a lot of new — you’re going to see our characters in a lot of new roles, which is exciting. That we haven’t seen before,” added Beth Schwartz, the series’ new showrunner. “There’s going to be just a new little flavor on everything. It’s going to be the same Arrow, but it’s going to feel a little fresh and new, so I’m excited for that.”

Edited by tv echo