Type keyword(s) to search

The Best Of S.H.I.E.L.D

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, what, for you, are the best moments you've seen on SHEILD? They could be silly, filled with action, emotional....what would be your top ten?

These are five I can think of just related to the first two seasons;

1. The one where Coulsen first tells Skye the story of her parents-we know what horrible stuff he's telling her, and, intercut with an incresing storm outside, her expression gets progressively sadder

2.  The moment when Phil discovers where a crucial part of his resurrection came from-the music, and the horrified look on his face say everything..

3.  The Terrogenesis scene in the middle of Season Two-actually, pretty much any of the scenes where Skyle realizes she's changed, and her initial horror at discovering here powers and what they could do-the time where pushed away all the agents running after her, and her "oh shit" look afterwards

4.  The scene where Coulsen defiantly explains to Skye they did not fail their mission, and how, while Hydra was scrambling for another hand "I WILL CRUSH THEM!"

5. The weirdo flashback scene with Coulsen following the progressively worse conditions of the agents who had gotten the alien blood treatment, who are at first happy and optimistic, then insane-and then Coulsen sees himself in a straitjacket.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a terrible memory unless I've seen something more than once, but 4,722 Hours (S3E05) is one of the finest hours of television I've ever seen. I was mesmerized and completely sucked into that world. Elizabeth Henstridge worked that episode like the rent was due. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4

I think the Framework pod was the best part of Season 4 (granted I think the whole season was damn good). No one could have predicted that one change in someone's life, changing one regret, would change so much about each person's life,  the roads that each did not take, etc.   One might quibble that in Daisy's case, Lincoln would have shown up, but having Grant Ward showing up in that context made sense-even by the end Daisy had to concede this version of Ward was not the person all of them once knew. And of course, what happened to Fitz when his father was a big part of his life-it brought out everything bad in him to the front, which was still having an impact on him on season 5...

On 6/1/2018 at 2:26 AM, Gothish520 said:

I have a terrible memory unless I've seen something more than once, but 4,722 Hours (S3E05) is one of the finest hours of television I've ever seen. I was mesmerized and completely sucked into that world. Elizabeth Henstridge worked that episode like the rent was due. 

I agree. That episode followed the tried and true method of storytelling-show, don't tell. Spending the (almost) entire episode on that planet was much more effective than hearing Simmons explain it to Fitz. I tend to like when shows completely break format for an episode, and this case it wasn't a gimmick-it was important to the overall arc...

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, StarBrand said:

I think the Framework pod was the best part of Season 4 (granted I think the whole season was damn good). No one could have predicted that one change in someone's life, changing one regret, would change so much about each person's life,  the roads that each did not take, etc.   One might quibble that in Daisy's case, Lincoln would have shown up, but having Grant Ward showing up in that context made sense-even by the end Daisy had to concede this version of Ward was not the person all of them once knew. 

Daisy hacked into the Framework, so the program didn't rewrite itself to accommodate her like it did with May, Fitz, Coulson, and Mack. Did it make sense for Framework Skye to be a member of Hydra, given how much pre-Coulson Daisy had issues with S.H.I.E.L.D.? No. Did it make sense that Framework Skye would be involved with Ward? No. Was it a poor choice to pair Daisy's Framework counterpart with the man who terrorized her and threatened to rape her in the season one finale? Absolutely.

The fact that Framework Skye was apparently evil (given that she was a member of willing Hydra since her story revolved around Ward) and Framework Ward thought she would be with him if he told her the truth also shows that neither Ward had any idea what Skye/Daisy was like. It's basically a reverse of season one, showing that Ward never really understood Daisy, and his Framework counterpart didn't understand Skye.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, StarBrand said:

IAnd of course, what happened to Fitz when his father was a big part of his life-it brought out everything bad in him to the front, which was still having an impact on him on season 5...

Fitz doing something bad (like torturing Daisy, having one of his robots nearly kill Mack, give in to Ruby because he's willing to sacrifice the world for Simmons showing that all his rhetoric about justifying what he did to Daisy and Mack was complete garbage), and having that handwaved, isn't really my idea of showing consequence.

• Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, Lobsel Vith said:

Daisy hacked into the Framework, so the program didn't rewrite itself to accommodate her like it did with May, Fitz, Coulson, and Mack. Did it make sense for Framework Skye to be a member of Hydra, given how much pre-Coulson Daisy had issues with S.H.I.E.L.D.? No. Did it make sense that Framework Skye would be involved with Ward? No. Was it a poor choice to pair Daisy's Framework counterpart with the man who terrorized her and threatened to rape her in the season one finale? Absolutely.

The fact that Framework Skye was apparently evil (given that she was a member of willing Hydra since her story revolved around Ward) and Framework Ward thought she would be with him if he told her the truth also shows that neither Ward had any idea what Skye/Daisy was like. It's basically a reverse of season one, showing that Ward never really understood Daisy, and his Framework counterpart didn't understand Skye.

Fitz doing something bad (like torturing Daisy, having one of his robots nearly kill Mack, give in to Ruby because he's willing to sacrifice the world for Simmons showing that all his rhetoric about justifying what he did to Daisy and Mack was complete garbage), and having that handwaved, isn't really my idea of showing consequence.

This forum was kind of created for people to say what they liked about Shield-there's plenty of other places to voice what you disliked elsewhere...just sayin'

• Love 2
14 hours ago, StarBrand said:

This forum was kind of created for people to say what they liked about Shield-there's plenty of other places to voice what you disliked elsewhere...just sayin'

Other boards have a "gripes" thread and I think the AOS board should start one a long time ago for fans to vent.

I'll always love the run of episodes that started with episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" towards the finale. Clark Gregg did some of his best work.

5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Other boards have a "gripes" thread and I think the AOS board should start one a long time ago for fans to vent.

I'll always love the run of episodes that started with episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" towards the finale. Clark Gregg did some of his best work.

Anyone can start a new thread. Just click “Start New Topic”.

I know a lot of people aren't a fan of Daisy Johnson, but I am.  I really liked the arc where she discovered her inhuman roots, and gained powers after Terrigenesis. (Like Raina pointed out later on, I believe Daisy hesitated when confronting Raina in the temple, because she wanted to find out what the Diviner would do, seeing how she just found out she was able to hold it, like Raina said she would.)  I felt bad when she was frightened of what she could do, and how she initially could not control it.  I disliked how everyone but Fitz appeared to view her as being a dangerous freak.  I liked her finding out Jaying was her mother (even though both of her birth parents were nuts).

When Season 3 began, she was confident and in control of her abilities (although she was, and still is really, finding out exactly what she can do)

In Season 5, everyone was telling her she would be the one that would eventually destroy earth-so often, after a while, she seemed to believe it.  For the first time since Season 2, she appeared to not really want them-she didn't want Fitz to remove her inhibitor. It remains to be seen if being injected with the Centipede serum will have any lasting effects

On 5/19/2018 at 2:46 AM, StarBrand said:

5. The weirdo flashback scene with Coulsen following the progressively worse conditions of the agents who had gotten the alien blood treatment, who are at first happy and optimistic, then insane-and then Coulsen sees himself in a straitjacket.

Hi! May I know which episode is this?

That was one of the early episodes in season 2...4 or 5 or so..you know, the one when Coulson remembers details of the Project Tahiti in order to catch the murderer.

Anyway, what is your favourite "arc" or pod? I think my favs are (in no particular order) the Fall of Shield, the LMD arc, the Agents of Hydra arc and Secret Warriors arc (meaning the first half of season 3).

3 hours ago, straitpeter said:

Hi! May I know which episode is this?

Season 2 episode 7, The Writing on the Wall. 

5 hours ago, swanpride said:

That was one of the early episodes in season 2...4 or 5 or so..you know, the one when Coulson remembers details of the Project Tahiti in order to catch the murderer.

Anyway, what is your favourite "arc" or pod? I think my favs are (in no particular order) the Fall of Shield, the LMD arc, the Agents of Hydra arc and Secret Warriors arc (meaning the first half of season 3).

Turn, Turn Turn and the fall of the SHIELD. The attack on the Hydra Antarctic base to gain the location of Loki's septre and the tesseract. The Inhumans attack on The Real SHIELD's aircraft carrier creating the (nu)Inhumans

my ranking would be from best to worst:

1. season 4: I really did like the ghost rider story as well as the framework story. Also the last time the team had a stable somewhat normal time.

2. season 2: Daisy's background as well introduction to inhumans. I believe is Mack's first season 😉

3. season 1: I didn't mind the first part of the season when I first watched it but the second half is amazing.

4. season 3:  continues the inhuman storyline with new characters ( YoYo 🙂 )and the episode 4772 is one of the best of the show.

5. season 5: the mystery about who took them and the timetravel/space story. Clearly what they thought was the series finale which was a great ending.

6. season 7: This past season wasn't a favorite but I did like the time travel stuff and Souza was a good addition. Just wish we got more Fitz!

7. season 6: A distant last. I didn't like evil Coulson and that whole storyline. I'm also meh about the commicons which also brought down season 7. While I liked Daisy & team in space it wasn't enough to save the season. Honestly it really does get brought down by Serge and his annoying team.

Edited by blueray
4 minutes ago, blueray said:

5. season 5: the mystery about who took them and the timetravel/space story. Clearly what they thought was the series finale which was a great ending.

!

7. season 6: A distant last. I didn't like evil Coulson and that whole storyline. I hated Ruby (?) and her mother also a not so great story. While I liked Daisy & team in space it wasn't enough to save the season. Honestly it really does get brought down by Serge and his annoying team.

Ruby and General Hale were the second half of season 5 after the time loop back as there was a fight to be the one with the title Destroyer of Worlds

Just now, Raja said:

Ruby and General Hale were the second half of season 5 after the time loop back as there was a fight to be the one with the title Destroyer of Worlds

Yeah, I realized that and fixed it ;). Still didn't like them lol.

6 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Weird, I have the exact same ranking and I never see people that agree with me.

I agree with you both.