Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, what a “mystery” that was - a whole 10 minutes of suspense until Dorinda confessed.  It was me, let’s eat!  Doesn’t seem like she should get a prize for confessing?

Agreed, Carole was perfect in not allowing Bethenny to talk over her or distract her.

I know! I love a good muder mystery.  I did a murder mystery dinner last fall at a local winery.  The fun part is the clues and solving the Freaking mystery!  If Dorinda just wanted a costume party do that....sorry. lol.

I was impressed by Carole not letting Bethany steamroller her. She held her own. Bethany was definitely frazzled....." i know you want to act 45 , Carole"   wtf??

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Re Beth wanting Dorinda to call the store to locate a nutcracker for Bryn:

”Do you think there’s a shot?”

[tapping her phone] ”I’m gonna call them right now.”

”Swear to God?”

”I’m gonna call them right now.”

Maybe shut it and let her make the call, Beth?

Did I hear Bethenny allude to Dorinda having "connections" at FAO S?  I'm thinking she did, because if not, I find it hard to believe that BF couldn't get that handled on her own, without need for intervention.  This felt like an unnecessary bit of fluff.

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Oh and I forgot, Sonja and her facial lady.  WTF??  Poor Quincy (yet again).  I would be beyond mortified if my mom was on television discussing the do and don’t of having sex with 2 men at the same time / within 24 hours / whatever she was going on about there.  Ay yi yi! 

I was actually mortified for myself.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Snowmies isn’t even a real word, so I really didn’t get the big deal in Ramona not “getting” it immediately.  No need to call her a moron over it.  A couple Christmas’ ago I wore a shirt that said “Meowy Christmas” on it with cats all over it.  Granny did not get it at all until I explained it, but I didn’t bust her cops over it!  “DO YOU GET IT?  DO GET IT?  IT’S SO FUNNY RIGHT???”  

Because she's soo Koooool **snaps fingers above head, Barbra Walters style** cool hip ,with it ,Bethany assumed her old biddy castmates, wouldn't be cool enough to get it. Lol.

I forgot to add I thought it was hilarious that Carole  used Bethany's  catch phrase from a couple seasons ago (last week's episode )" get off my Jock"

Lol, I loved it. It sounded ridiculous.  Just as ridiculous as Bethany using it, I'm sure that was Carole's point. 

• Love 23
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The show did fine when Bethenny was gone, the rating are about the same with or without her on the show.

8 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I didn't say the ratings would suffer. I asked who would they turn on next since they seem to like a good dog pile on someone situation.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am with you. I honestly think that this whole fight between Carole and Bethenny is making a big deal out of very little. I did not think either Bethenny and Carole were mad at each other. They knew their relationship was off, but that can happen with friendships, especially since they both seem to be doing different things. I did not think Bethenny was talking shit about Carole to Dorinda in the last episode. She mentioned what happened with Adam and calling Adam an opportunist. I believe Bethenny said she told Carole the opportunist part already and said she knew she probably should have not said it. The whole thing seems like unnecessary drama that probably could have been avoided if they spoke one on one. I am one of the few Bethenny fans, so I am probably biased. Bethenny says the things that I am thinking in most episodes.

I was enjoying the episode up until the end. I laughed at Ramona trying to figure out "snowmies". I enjoyed the murder mystery, especially all things fritter. 

I agree with you on this - I'm very fatigued on this whole storyline. I can only hope the situation with Luanne (FL/arrest/rehab) and the group trip re-direct the energy and focus.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ohhh, and how nice it was to find out that Sonja gave her dog and cat away because she needed to "lighten up." 

I never liked the way she treated the other dog and disliked Sonja ever since. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Dorinda has been the biggest runtelldat, shit stirring bone carrier this season. Damn!!!

And she laughs about it in her TH's. She knows exactly what she's doing. Keeping her spot on the show. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I have always been Team Carole. Don't eff with a journalist/former journalist. Know this! (TM what's her name psychic on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills--Allison DuBois?)

Bethenney seemed to be either manic or on some kind of upper early on. Jeebus, is that really her? When she first entered Dorinda's and went on and on about the Nutcracker? Find it for me, nay, find ALL of them for me, and I will buy them! I will buy ALL of them! We get it, Beth, you a rich bish.

As my old boyfriend would say, "Charming to the last!"

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I think even though Bethenny and Carole are arguing about Adam, the trip to Houston and/or PR, etc -- their real beef is something else. Maybe it's as simple as growing apart due to vastly different lifestyles and not really having anything in common other than being on the same show.

I kinda wonder what the IRL status of their relationship is. Before the show premiered and there were rumors of a feud, both Bethenny and Carole were everywhere downplaying that, saying that they're sisters and everything is fine, blah blah. Now, though? Post Carole's blog from last week and all of this?

Absolutely.  The beef is about something else, and the show took advantage of it.  They don't deal with the real reason, so focused on this trivial Adam thing.  I had noticed that Carole was not on B's social media at all in the summer of 2017, and wondered what had happened.  I believe there is a real sense of betrayal on Carole's part over what happened.  And B is shocked that anyone would want to move out of her orbit.  

I found the show to be deadly dull last night.  I had no interest in the murder mystery.  I had been sort of curious as to who would be the most clever in figuring out the clues, but they didn't even show that.  

Did anyone notice that Lu seemed to leave the group several times, perhaps to tipple from a private bottle?  Wonder what date it was filmed; how close was it to her Palm Beach meltdown.  

Carole's misuse of I and me drives me nuts.  And Bethenny's hawking her products is infuriating.  I loved that no one really had interest in the jeans.  

Edited by weaver
  • Love 13

When B said she didn’t call or email Adam explained Carole’s reaction so much more. Basically she had a member of her team reach out for initial endeavor to Houston and Adam responded like he would for any ask. It clearly wasn’t a friend to friend request.

• Love 15

Gross- Sonja doesn’t use condoms. 

Sonja likely got rid of her pets because she didn’t want to pay to board them while she was off rejuvenating herself ( JP Morgan probably paid to board Quincy’s dog). Sad. 

Carole and Bethenny might make up but their friendship won’t be the same. 

I am worried about Dorinda- she seems to be slurring her words frequently now. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I was enjoying the episode up until the end. I laughed at Ramona trying to figure out "snowmies". I enjoyed the murder mystery, especially all things fritter. 

Me too. I cracked up when Ramona asked if a snowmie was a vagina.

• Love 5

Interesting Carole is asking Ramona and Dorinda if Bethenny has been talking about her when back in season 8 she was adamant arguing with Jules that talking about someone behind their back is what girlfriends do.

Re Adam: so he asked to be compensated. Was told no, so he declined. He said it's because he had to work. Why didn't he just say he had a prior commitment instead of yes, then no unless I'm paid? So if he was compensated would he have dumped his clients to go?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, AnnA said:

No one will ever convince me that the back and forth between Bethenny and Carole was real.    It was totally staged and probably scripted as well.  

ETA:   I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I can't help believing it.   It was so fake.

I had the same feeling like how ironic it was with the scripted murder mystery and then the scripted Bethenny/Carol feud.  The fact that Page Six was told about it beforehand is a give-a-way.  They both need better story lines so what better than a feud?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, film noire said:

that sweater was as complex as an old school Quacker Factory holiday pun

This** would have the crew googling on their I-phones

7b38b15a2dd98a52c316f92e566e346d.jpg.0871f450820d4bf294b239942ef8b7fe.jpg**Latin="If You Can Read This, You're Over Educated"

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Interesting Carole is asking Ramona and Dorinda if Bethenny has been talking about her when back in season 8 she was adamant arguing with Jules that talking about someone behind their back is what girlfriends do.

re watch she isnt running to the girls ....it cause she is hearing these things but doesn't believe it at first she even tells Bethany what the girls have been saying that she has been talking about her and she doesn't believe it "you would never say that" then Bethany slithers away sayin oh no I would never ... good god I want Andy to just shout out Roll the tape.... that whole hour was just Bethany being a viper in the talking heads and to their faces last night for no reason other then to be a bitch

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

re watch she isnt running to the girls ....it cause she is hearing these things but doesn't believe it at first she even tells Bethany what the girls have been saying that she has been talking about her and she doesn't believe it "you would never say that" then Bethany slithers away sayin oh no I would never ... good god I want Andy to just shout out Roll the tape.... that whole hour was just Bethany being a viper in the talking heads and to their faces last night 

My point is Carole defended talking about people behind their backs because "it's what girlfriends do", now that she's on the receiving end she doesn't like it.

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

My point is Carole defended talking about people behind their backs because "it's what girlfriends do", now that she's on the receiving end she doesn't like it.

But Bethany claims to not be that kind of "Girlfriend" that she will tell you to your face what she is saying about you (which isn't true at all and Carole is now finding out) That's why she went to Beathany and said I dont believe you would say that but this is what they are saying....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Some people’s circumstances change so I don’t like to judge but nothing about Sonja’s circumstances has changed and she was so nonchalant so I will judge her!

Exactly. Here reasoning is ridiculous and saying "get rid of" is gross to me. Hasn't she always traveled??? My guess is in addition to the housekeeper that never shows up because s/he doesn't exist, she no longer has "interns" at her beck and call to take care of the pets.

4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Perhaps, but it is traumatic to be re-homed after 9 years (since kittenhood).  The new owner even stated that the cat won't sleep on the bed or let him pick him up the way he did with Sonja, and is not too affectionate.  Also, Sonja claimed she couldn't give away the poor dyed dog because it was her daughter's, but had no problem giving away her daughter's cat?  I call BS.

Sonja is, quite simply, a horrible person.

As dysfunctional as that household is I agree that it clearly seems as though the cat is having a tough time with no longer being in it. Hopefully he'll come around and adapt to his new home and new owner.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Oh and I forgot, Sonja and her facial lady.  WTF??  Poor Quincy (yet again).  I would be beyond mortified if my mom was on television discussing the do and don’t of having sex with 2 men at the same time / within 24 hours / whatever she was going on about there.  Ay yi yi! 

A facial EVERY week?  And she can't even afford cat food.  Bummer.

• Love 17

I think it's better Sonja gave the pets away to loving owners instead of being a negligent pet owner.

I'm grateful the people who I got my beloved Pom from realized they were in no position to keep a dog. I had a devoted pet and he got a devoted owner for 14 years because of it.

Better to give up than keep and neglect.

A pet is a commitment so welcoming one into your home should be a rational process, not an emotional one.

• Love 17

Did anyone notice Bethenny's young interns helping her pack for a weekend?   And the "are you Jewish," in her usual shriek was offensive.  Yeah, among friends its not offensive but these are her minions not her friends.  And wouldn't she know if her employee was Jewish ?   

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

A facial EVERY week?  And she can't even afford cat food.  Bummer.

I am assuming she only gets the facial for free when cameras are there. No one is guaranteed that for cat food.

• Love 6

I should just come right and say that I am no Bethenney fan. I loved her desperately in the first few seasons. She is so witty and clever. But back then she was punching up with her humor, didn't seem so bitter, and was not quite so self absorbed with her own sufferings and childhood wounds.  There was a little more joy and and good humor to round out her sharp edges.

As she has grown more successful, bitter and self involved with her own hurts, I have found her unbearable to watch. she was  constantly punching down now and beating up on cast mates with her cutting humor in every talking head she got, and in person. Her hypocrisy about  her own behavior has been the cherry on top. I was so shocked at how foul she was to Luann the season she called her a snake and fuck doll. She wa practically foaming at the mouth with all that rage. 

So, coming slowly to my point, I was surprised by a few comments on the board about how bad Bethenney is this season. I find her to be a lot better than she has been in previous seasons, and I wonder if she is trying to do a little damage control, or rehabilitate her reputation a bit. I know she has an army of rabid fans, but she still has a number of detractors.

I feel like her work in PR is an attempt to show her better side. I also feel like her defense of poor, poor unloved Sonia is a calculated attempt to improve her image. Further, her take down of Dorinda's drinking could have been so much more aggressive and strident, as in how she confronted/talked to Jules. about her eating issues. And in the fight with Carole, Carole did do a better job of taking on B than the other ladies, but I just got a sense that B was trying to hold back a little bit. She did have to get the insult in about age, because after all, Bethenney will always be Bethenney. But it just seemed like she is more aware of how she comes across on camera and is trying to tone it down. She does seem to save up all her vitriol for her talking heads. 

I don't know. YMMV, but it will be interesting to see how the season plays out. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

The real mystery of this episode is if Dorinda was able to find Bethenney the discontinued FAO Schwartz life sized nutcracker. I need to know!

Me too!!! Dorinda and her myriad of connections fascinate me.

10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I thought it was totally hilarious how Sonja was taking photos of her room at Dorinda's for insurance.

YES!!!! Like it was a rental car! And Lu decorating all the fish. Such a fun episode!

10 hours ago, missy jo said:

I don't understand where Carole and Ramona's friendship came from. They seem cozy this season and I don't get it. They have nothing in common and Ramona is a horrible person. (I don't think Carole is a horrible person.) 

I think Ramona started to latch onto Carole when she realized something was off with Carole and Bethenny. She thought she'd have a potential ally. 

I'm not sure why Carole is into it, though. She seems shrewd enough to see through that kind of crap. Ramona keeps buttering her up with this, "You have a voice now!" business. I just don't get it. Carole has always said what she thought, IMO. Maybe not loudly, but I've never seen her as some shrinking violet. 

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The miscommunication was that Bethenny was talking smack about Carole behind her back and Carole found out and called her out. I do think Carole is correct, Bethenny was mad that Carole didn't force Adam to go with Bethenny for free. I said it before and I am saying it again, No One says NO to Bethenny ever!

The miscommunication isn't one sided. They rarely are. I'm not talking about the sniping behind each other's backs. Carole has engaged in plenty of that herself. 

I'm talking about like with the marathon, the Hamptons sleeping arrangements, the Adam thing...just the overall state of the friendship. They're just assuming things and not talking to each other. 

But it isn't all on Beth. Life isn't that black and white. 

• Love 15
(edited)
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Dorinda knew ahead of time that she was the killer. I think she deduced it, by paying attention to various clues. I was disappointed that it ended so quickly, though. 

But what were the clues?  I thought it was played out horribly.  So Dorinda killed both men?

Carole owned Bethenny in that conversation.  You could see Beth sweating.  It’s obvious Carole was in the dark about all of Beth’s complaints.  Carole should just back away.

I absolutely loved Dorinda’s house and decorations....that’s how my husband decorates.  We have a huge room under our garage aptly named The Christmas Room, where we store all of our decorations.

So glad that Dorinda reminded the ladies that her housekeeper was not there to serve them.  

Ramona is just an idiot.  She adds nothing to the show.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I found Ramona and Carole teaming up to give Dorinda the chia pet oddly endearing.  All three had a nice, light air about them in that exchange and that's not something I thought I'd ever see with that particular trio.

Heather & her Yummy jeans and Kristen & her denim and diamonds designs need to pop down one of Dorinda's chimneys and shout "cheater brand" at Bethenny and those dumbass skinny girl jeans.

Any last remnants of good will Sonja had with me is out the window with her disposal of her dog and cat (and I seriously doubt there was any actual rehoming done). 

Good point about that!  When Carole mentioned that the jeans are like "jeggings", I immediately thought of Heather's brand.  

• Love 11
(edited)

I noticed Bethenny had some holiday catsuits that her assistants bought for the trip- wonder if she packed them without washing first? I would have pegged her as a wash before wearing kind of person ( like me ) 

Why didn’t Bethenny gift all the ladies with a new pair of her jeans?! 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, missy jo said:

Why is Bethenny such a delicate flower all of a sudden? Why doesn't she just tell Carole what her problem is? 

Bethenny is like that dog that’s all loud and aggressive toward other dogs walking past their property... until the gate is open... then the aggression is gone :poof: Face to face they are sweet as pie!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, artisto said:

This** would have the crew googling on their I-phones

7b38b15a2dd98a52c316f92e566e346d.jpg.0871f450820d4bf294b239942ef8b7fe.jpg**Latin="If You Can Read This, You're Over Educated"

I'm happy to report that I am just educated enough. (aka: no I can't read Latin). 

40 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Wow. Had the cat for 9 years and then suddenly "wanted to get rid of him". Ugh. I loathe pet owners like her. I mean - I totally agree that the cat is in a better place now but still. That attitude. As if I needed more to dislike about the woman. 

Yeah, I mean I am glad to hear he has a new home, but after 9 years?? Very sad. My aunt did the same thing to my cousin's 10-year old cat when she went off in boarding school - and this was the SWEETEST, most chill cat you could ever imagine.  Fortunately, my other cousin - who knew and loved the cat - was able to take it in. But STILL I was like, really??? You can't let him live out his last years here at home?

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I think it's better Sonja gave the pets away to loving owners instead of being a negligent pet owner.

I'm grateful the people who I got my beloved Pom from realized they were in no position to keep a dog. I had a devoted pet and he got a devoted owner for 14 years because of it.

Better to give up than keep and neglect.

A pet is a commitment so welcoming one into your home should be a rational process, not an emotional one.

It is better for the animal, for the most part. (Although, rehoming itself can be quite stressful), but it says a lot about who Sonja is as a person. Her pets are just accessories, to her. 

14 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

what were the clues?  I thought it was played out horribly.  So Dorinda killed both men

No, the assistant poisoned his boss. But someone poisoned him before he got to see it. Dorinda figured it out because she had the most to lose if Featherby was out of the picture. I'm guessing more was involved than was shown. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I noticed Bethenny had some holiday catsuits that her assistants bought for the trip- wonder if she packed them without washing first? I would have pegged her as a wash before wearing kind of person ( like me ) 

Why didn’t Bethenny gift all the ladies with a new pair of her jeans?! 

She may have, and the producers didn't provide footage of it. Or maybe not. LOL Though she seems to be pretty generous with her RHONY coworkers when it comes to Skinny Girl stuff (or at least she did when she came back to the show and they were taking tons of stuff from her house - I think Carole said it was like a skinny girl store - she took the blender....) Oh and back during "Scary island" she made gift bags for them, complete with monogramed skinny girl cloth bags - that freaked KooKoo Kelly out... 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

That was pretty bad, but next week's previews look even worse, when Sonja tells the handyman/cleaning person - whoever it was - that she had sex on the sink in the bathroom.  Poor, poor Quincy is right!  

• Love 14
11 hours ago, missy jo said:

I don't understand where Carole and Ramona's friendship came from. They seem cozy this season and I don't get it. They have nothing in common and Ramona is a horrible person. (I don't think Carole is a horrible person.) 

I don’t think they are really friends....just friendly for the show.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

ITA!  I still think Sonja is just a terrible person and at first I was angry at her for giving her pets away (and her what about me attitude) but after I thought about it I was glad those sweet pups are free for that horrible person!!

7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

what were the clues?  I thought it was played out horribly.  So Dorinda killed both men

WORD!  This entire scene was just a waste of time to me and I FF thru a lot of it.  I just looked sloppy and poorly constructed.  Maybe it would have been more interesting to participate in something like that but gah watching it was a totally snooze fest.

I have to say Bethenny seemed to have her a$$ on her shoulders the moment she walked into Dorinda's house.  To walk past the other ladies without even saying hello, just tossing Carole's Xmas gift to her, IDK little things like that just seem stank to me.  And she is passive aggressive enough to say well I said hello (eventually) and I gave you a Xmas gift (yeah without much thought or wrapping it).  I'm not expecting a big production but IDK just something about the vibe she was giving off was rude.

• Love 15