Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

I don’t understand why Bethenny would have to tell Carole that she asked Adam to go on the trip.  They’re not even a couple, right?

I’d like to believe Sonja found good homes for her cat and dog, but, that would require time and effort, so, I’m not sure I believe that’s what she did with them.  She always seemed to hate that dog because he wasn’t the dog she lost.

• Love 18
(edited)

Re Beth wanting Dorinda to call the store to locate a nutcracker for Bryn:

”Do you think there’s a shot?”

[tapping her phone] ”I’m gonna call them right now.”

”Swear to God?”

”I’m gonna call them right now.”

Maybe shut it and let her make the call, Beth?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, missy jo said:

Why is Bethenny such a delicate flower all of a sudden? Why doesn't she just tell Carole what her problem is? 

She was caught off guard.  She didn't expect that of Carole.  She will tho, next week for sure.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I really don't want that storyline to play out all season. Everyone knows I'm a Bethenny fan, but even I'm not looking to malign Carole. I think there's a lot of miscommunication going on, and hurt feelings on both sides. I think there was a natural growing apart, due to just different interests. I think B gets this, and that's why she doesn't seem as worked up about it as Carole. 

I will say I trust Bethenny's version of things more than Carole's. I just do. But I am too exhausted to endure episode after episode of their issues. Move on and get back to the fun stuff!

I am with you. I honestly think that this whole fight between Carole and Bethenny is making a big deal out of very little. I did not think either Bethenny and Carole were mad at each other. They knew their relationship was off, but that can happen with friendships, especially since they both seem to be doing different things. I did not think Bethenny was talking shit about Carole to Dorinda in the last episode. She mentioned what happened with Adam and calling Adam an opportunist. I believe Bethenny said she told Carole the opportunist part already and said she knew she probably should have not said it. The whole thing seems like unnecessary drama that probably could have been avoided if they spoke one on one. I am one of the few Bethenny fans, so I am probably biased. Bethenny says the things that I am thinking in most episodes.

I was enjoying the episode up until the end. I laughed at Ramona trying to figure out "snowmies". I enjoyed the murder mystery, especially all things fritter. 

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t understand why Bethenny would have to tell Carole that she asked Adam to go on the trip.  They’re not even a couple, right?

I’d like to believe Sonja found good homes for her cat and dog, but, that would require time and effort, so, I’m not sure I believe that’s what she did with them.  She always seemed to hate that dog because he wasn’t the dog she lost.

Carole thinks Bethenny blames her for Adam telling her No and for not giving/doing more to support Bstrong even though Carole did donate money to her and did ask about PR. I think Carole is correct, I think Bethenny blames her for not forcing Adam to go and then getting back together with him after he turned Bethenny down.

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She was caught off guard.  She didn't expect that of Carole.  She will tho, next week for sure.

I'm not so sure she got caught off guard as much as she got called out on trying to use her deflection games when Carole asked her the hard questions and then challenged Bethenny's BS answers. 

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth is so manic, after entering Dorinda’s house. 

She has been like that since their first trip there! She turns into Jack Torrance (JN. the Shining) every time she steps through the door! LOL

• Love 23

I was rather on Bethenny's side, until the actual confrontation.  I didn't get Carole being so outraged that Bethenny was talking about Adam behind *Carole's* back.  Like she's conflating herself and Adam.  She's weirdly possessive of Adam, even when she's outright downplaying their relationship/openly wanting to take a step back.  (I mean, Bethenny was there for the whole kicking Adam out last year.)  But Carole was on point during the dinner argument, and Bethenny floundered.

Now, Dorinda forcing that confrontation in front of the entire group - I hope she gets roasted during the reunion for all the shit-stirring she's been doing all season.  That was a Ramona-level move.  Tinsley seemed both very bored and deeply uncomfortable the entire time, maybe she'll call Dorinda out.

• Love 17

Oh and I forgot, Sonja and her facial lady.  WTF??  Poor Quincy (yet again).  I would be beyond mortified if my mom was on television discussing the do and don’t of having sex with 2 men at the same time / within 24 hours / whatever she was going on about there.  Ay yi yi! 

• Love 20
(edited)

I’m really torn on the fight. I don’t like Bethenny so normally I’d be thrilled if someone shut her down, but I don’t like Carole more, so what to do, what to do?

I do know that Dorinda is quickly moving up my list of dislike. I absolutely believe she was the one who went to Page 6. Bethenny made clear the only person who knew of her and Carole’s falling out at that point was Dorinda. And given how she’s made it her life’s mission to run around to everyone in the group to make sure they know what someone else has said about them, it makes total sense. She likes to set the cat amongst the pigeons then sit back and insist they work it out in front of everyone.

I did love how every time the camera panned wide in the Bethenny/Carole showdown you could see Lu and Sonja just sitting there eating and soaking it all in.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 7
(edited)

It pains me to say this, as I am NOT at all a fan, but I felt a bit sorry for Bethenny this episode. There was almost a palpable difference in the women’s attitude towards her this episode; it was like she is the last to know that none of them truly like her. From the moment she entered Blue Stone Manor all happy, hyper, and seeking attention the other women almost grudgingly momentarily indulged her, but then quickly focused their attention back to enjoying each other. 

Its hard to explain, and maybe I am being influenced by them all coming out in their blogs against her, but there truly seemed to be a sea change in their attitudes towards her. 

Edited by Juneau Gal
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

One thing I kinda don't understand - isn't Adam a chef? Why is anyone calling him to be their photographer? Is photography his hobby, side job, what?

You're right, he is a chef. Funny, I completely lost track of that in all this Bethany business but, yes, he is a chef. A chef who takes glamour shots of the food he makes. Maybe that's why Bethany expected him to go with her for free, because he's not a professional photographer.

• Love 5

The whole thing boiled down to Carole loving Bethenny more than Bethenny loves her?  Dorinda stirring stuff up. . . again.  The story Dorinda told Carole wasn't terribly factual.  There was no cooking, no Puerto Rico or any mention of Carole coming up short in the cash department when it came to donations.  It looked to me like Dorinda was going to get even with Bethenny for calling her a drunk.  Need new material, Dorinda.  

I get that Carole has to be condescending to Bethenny because that is what she understands-but Carole has never called Bethenny "honey".  

Carole was essentially asking Bethenny what was amiss between them and then would not let any answer stand.  I heard Page Six and all I can think of is Sonja, Dorinda and Carole have all been on Page Six TV.  I don't think Sonja spilled the beans I do think it was Dorinda for the reason Bethenny stated-she was the one Bethenny spoke to.  Dorinda gives interviews all the the time to Page Six and whoever will interview her.  She had an interview with Page Six the end of December.

20 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Carole was on point during her argument with Bethenny. She tried to stay on message, she didn't let Bethenny's attempts to frustrate her take hold, and she got the best of Bethenny. And you've got to love Carole calling Bethenny on Bethenny's tactic of fixating on the minutiae. Those details only matter if they make a difference to the argument being made. Saturday or Sunday it makes no difference. Whether Adam asked for compensation does. This is the problem with Bethenny. She's been dealing with these dingbats for so long that she thinks she's slick.

I get Carole and not  dealing with the minutia but what is it she wanted from Bethenny her friendship, an explanation, an apology?  I would not have gone about it the way Carole did as she continually called Bethenny a liar-never a good move.  I believe Bethenny felt someone was feeding the press and exacerbating the rift.  Okay are saying, Carole at that moment was saying Adam did not ask for compensation or Carole was pissed, Bethenny brought up the request for compensation situation to Dorinda?  Or Carole was unaware he had asked for compensation.  I will be interested to see if Carole had a single issue in the moment.

If it is not about the compensation what is it about?  (The obvious is Bethenny can be an obnoxious jerk.) 

• Love 10
(edited)

I loved this episode up until Dorinda brought up the Carole/Bethenny thing. Because TPTB can't let an episode end without confrontation. Yawn.

Loved Dorinda's decorations, especially the old TV with the Christmas decor inside. So cute. 

Lu was the star of the episode for me. Loved her decorating the fish, etc. in her room. And especially loved her saying in her French accent that she cannot drink tequila as she falls in the bushes, complete with flashback of her falling in the bushes. The costumes were great, and I loved Bethenny's headpiece. 

Only negative for me was Sonja saying that she gave away her cat and dog. As someone who has adopted several wonderful kitties from the SPCA, I have always wondered how the previous owners could give up such wonderful kitties. Followed by thanks that they did, as these amazing cats did not deserve to have such  unloving/uncaring owners. Like others, I have my doubts that the dog and cat actually went to other people, but I hope they did and are being cherished as part of the family as they deserve to be. Sonja OTOH deserves to be alone. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 14
47 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I do know that Dorinda is quickly moving up my list of dislike. I absolutely believe she was the one who went to Page 6. Bethenny made clear the only person who knew of her and Carole’s falling out at that point was Dorinda.

Except for the people filming them having that conversation, and all the people at Bravo who have a lot to gain from publicizing the storyline.

• Love 10

"I am pissed at you right now and I want to know why."  If you are the one who is pissed shouldn't you know why you are pissed not the person you are pissed at explaining why you are pissed?  No one should ever take Dorinda seriously.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Reality police said:

During the coupon cabin commercial did anyone else notice the sofa? Has the tiger striped sofa been recovered? I noticed the tiger striped pillows. It sure looked like Carole's apartment.

I wasn't paying close attention  to see  where they were but I did notice the pillow

Yes, Carol's sofa is now blue  - her  redecorated apartment was featured in AD  magazine awhile back

ETA https://thezhush.com/home-tour-carole-radziwills-renovated/

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Atwood said:

Except for the people filming them having that conversation, and all the people at Bravo who have a lot to gain from publicizing the storyline.

But I got the sense that the Page 6 thing that Bethenny was referencing happened before filming for the season began. 

• Love 2

I dont know how y'all figured that Carole owned B in the argument..  1st, as much as she claims that B wouldn't let her talk, Carole's the one that kept talking over.  2nd, when B corrected her on her assumptions i. e ., that she called Adam yet B said she didn't call Adam, then Carol said well emailed him or whatever, then Bethany said she didn't email him, Carol just kept waving off B's refutations.  With Carol flapping her gums so much, we couldn't hear how B actually communicated with Adam cause Carole wouldn't let her speak.  And Carol was telling Bethany to stop whining which I thought was a hoot. Because one thing Bethany doesn't do is whine, that's Carol jurisdiction.  As someone above pointed out, Carol was spouting out a lot of words but not a lot of content..  I lost track of what Carol main beef with B was with all of the words she was saying. Heck I think Carol forgot what point she was trying to make.   I must say though that I was surprised to see her get this explosive with B.  If she was a real friend, she would have had the discussion in private. I think Bethany was taken aback only because Carol has never acted like this with her in front of everybody.

• Love 22

I think even though Bethenny and Carole are arguing about Adam, the trip to Houston and/or PR, etc -- their real beef is something else. Maybe it's as simple as growing apart due to vastly different lifestyles and not really having anything in common other than being on the same show.

I kinda wonder what the IRL status of their relationship is. Before the show premiered and there were rumors of a feud, both Bethenny and Carole were everywhere downplaying that, saying that they're sisters and everything is fine, blah blah. Now, though? Post Carole's blog from last week and all of this?

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh man, the producers are now trolling old Golden Girls eps for scripts?  Really?  Oy!  Btw, The Golden Girls did the murder mystery thing way better & cuter.  This laid a big ole goose egg.

I dare anyone to call Bethenny "honey" . . . just what would the Frankelstein monster do?

Kudos to Carole.  She was poised & kept her cool & overall, she stood up to the Frankelstein creature rather well.  Bravo, honey.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 17

It was a funny contrast that Carole and Ramona gave Dorinda holiday presents while Betheny brought Skinny Girl jeans to showcase on camera (and threw a sweatshirt at Carole, I suppose).

• Love 19
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Up until the last 10 minutes, this was the most delightful episode. I was living for the Murder Mystery party! 

The butler named Rhett. 

Ramona's feathers are free range. 

Bethenny - "Help him! I have a fritter in my hands!" 

"Did he have a fritter???"

They even managed to work in another Lu-in-the-bushes flashback, but this time with a 1919 air date! 

It was just all so hilarious. I wish Dorinda hadn't suddenly ended it and then forced the Beth-Carole thing. 

I really don't want that storyline to play out all season. Everyone knows I'm a Bethenny fan, but even I'm not looking to malign Carole. I think there's a lot of miscommunication going on, and hurt feelings on both sides. I think there was a natural growing apart, due to just different interests. I think B gets this, and that's why she doesn't seem as worked up about it as Carole. 

I will say I trust Bethenny's version of things more than Carole's. I just do. But I am too exhausted to endure episode after episode of their issues. Move on and get back to the fun stuff!

(Like Ramona not knowing what a homie is.)

Ohhh, and how nice it was to find out that Sonja gave her dog and cat away because she needed to "lighten up." 

I generally trust Bethenny to be accurate, but I find her so hypocritical, I just can’t respect anything about her. It’s baffling to me how someone as sensitive and dramatic as Bethenny can be so dismissive and insensitive of everyone else’s pain.

This is a woman who freaked out bc Ramona and Sonja wanted to go out for lunch, instead of stay in and eat what she was making. She’s insane and sooo defensive and lacking in any self-awareness. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'll break down why many of us think Carole owned Bethenny.

Carole interrupted because Bethenny interrupted first. Carole tried to lay out her point, but Bethenny interrupted to say that she didn't call Adam and then again to say she didn't email.

Bethenny's method of communication is immaterial. It literally doesn't matter unless Bethenny's anger stems fro Adam refusing  to communicate with her no matter what form she used to contact him. The other reason that it might be material is if Adam chose to communicate with her at a time or in a form that was unacceptable to Bethenny, such as calling Bethenny back at a time she had told him would be inconvenient. Bethenny's anger isn't about mode or method of communication. If it had been, she would have mentioned it to Dorinda. Bethenny hasn't ever mentioned mode of communication issues with Adam. This is why we think it was pointless deflection by Bethenny to throw Carole off her game.

Bethenny's anger is because Adam asked to be comped and Carole isn't as into the charity work as Bethenny would like her to be.

Carole actually mentioned a couple of times that this wasn't a conversation that the whole table needed to hear. It was actually Dorinda and Bethenny who thought the conversation needed to happen in front of others. Carole spouted a bunch of words because Bethenny kept inserting irrelevant details like it wasn't a call or an email or Sunday. Carole's point was that Bethenny was mad at Carole for something either Adam or Carole did. Bethenny refused to talk to Carole about it, but gossiped about it to others. And most importantly, her point was that Bethenny should have come and talked to her about it.

Here is what I do not understand-once Carole asked if Bethenny was mad and Bethenny said she wasn't-what was the point of going on?   I think Carole was putting the onus on Bethenny when Bethenny had pretty much reached the place of indifference.  I am agreeing with you, it is just that I thought Carole should have told Bethenny she was angry with her over what Dorinda had told her and maybe be upfront about what Dorinda said.  I hate these RH arguments when they devolve into."I love you," it is so fake and so phony I want to puke and these women should be ashamed of themselves for even going there.

Spoiler

BTW next week - It all comes down to Carole not getting enough appreciation over the marathon from Bethenny.  Then the conversation becomes about Bethenny calling Luann a loser and Luann going off but good on Bethenny-as in like we have never seen before.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I'm not even a Team Carole person, but I did think she did a really good job at diffusing a lot of the tactics that Bethenny/other housewives use as a way to distract from the point at hand. Bethenny likes to trot out "you're freaking me out" or "You're being loud" as a way to change how people are receiving the conversation. It's a classic Housewives move to try to make the other person look crazy.

Gaslighting is what this is. Bethenny shot Carole a couple of looks that seemed to plead not to go there, or not now. Seeing Bethenny reduced to such desperate argument tactics with Carole makes me think that whatever the issue is, it really means a lot to her. Probably she felt she had a genuine friendship with Carole, or that Carole knows where too many of the bodies are buried, stuff about her and Jason and Brynn, who knows? But Carole reduced Bethenny to her child ego state during this exchange.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Wow Bethenny was really feeling her “snowmies” sweater eh? I mean, it was cute but not so much that she had to ask every single woman if they “got it.”

Yeah, that bit didn't land, but she beat it into the ground anyway.

Carole seemed a bit flip about her gift, but I may have too if the gifter threw it at me, sans wrapping.  That was odd.

5 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Also, “honey” is condescending? How about calling your assistant “sunshine”?

Honey can be condescending, and to be honest, I think in this case it sort of was.

• Love 12