Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

Overall dull episode. Maybe next week will be better. Carole should have had the discussion with Bethenny one on one. But that wouldn't make for good tv for Carole now would it? Carole trying to act all bad azz at the table was ridiculous. Meh. So what are all these catty bishes going to do if Bethenny does leave the show - who do they turn on next?

• Love 23
(edited)
31 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Last year, shag marry kill = they all voted to KILL Tinsley

When Dorinda, Ramona and Sonja were waiting for the other women, they only mentioned Carole and Luann. They didn't notice Tinsley wasn't there. She is a total nonentity.

Dorinda totally did call PageSix about the "feud," didn't she?

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 13
(edited)
5 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I'm not even a Team Carole person, but I did think she did a really good job at diffusing a lot of the tactics that Bethenny/other housewives use as a way to distract from the point at hand. Bethenny likes to trot out "you're freaking me out" or "You're being loud" as a way to change how people are receiving the conversation. It's a classic Housewives move to try to make the other person look crazy.

Yes! Carole argued intelligently, and that freaked her out. I was loving her up until she started doing that to Carole. “I know you want to be 45”? What the? And she’s naked on camera in the next ep.

I thought Lu looked the best. Ramona, take that barrette out of your hair. Of course Lu was the first to give mouth to mouth. Hehe.

I think Milu - or however you spell it - was Sonja’s true fur baby and poor Rouge and Marley never got the same treatment. 

1919? LOVE. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 24
2 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

I actually liked the show better when Bethenny wasn't on.

I have a confused attitude about BF on this show.  Back when she left the first time, I was so fed up and full up that I wanted her to be gone.  Then I missed her contribution.  I actually didn't find the remaining group as adept at carrying the show.  I hate to admit it, but there it was.

Now, I'm finding myself fed up and full up again, and I'm exploring her absence in my head.  I actually think that if she does leave again, perhaps the whole damn thing should just be retooled.  All new blood.  I'm sure we'll have all the opportunity we want to keep track of the veterans via sm.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, what a “mystery” that was - a whole 10 minutes of suspense until Dorinda confessed.  It was me, let’s eat!  Doesn’t seem like she should get a prize for confessing?

I don't think Dorinda knew ahead of time that she was the killer. I think she deduced it, by paying attention to various clues. I was disappointed that it ended so quickly, though. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Overall dull episode. Maybe next week will be better. Carole should have had the discussion with Bethenny one on one. But that wouldn't make for good tv for Carole now would it? Carole trying to act all bad azz at the table was ridiculous. Meh. So what are all these catty bishes going to do if Bethenny does leave the show - who do they turn on next?

Dorinda forced that discussion on air.

• Love 12

I wish Romana would take those extensions, which don’t do anything but age her, and cram them in her big fat mouth!

Dorinda has certainly turned into quite the shit stirrer this season. I wouldn’t tell her anything.

• Love 19

I enjoyed this episode. I like it when they do fun stuff (OK, maybe it's just fun to me) and aren't screeching at each other. I actually wish the mystery wouldn't have ended so abruptly! Lots of funny things from Sonja carrying the calculator around, Ramona telling everyone the assistant hated his boss, Lu with the mouth-to-mouth, and even Tinsley got in a good one re: the police.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

All the hype about this episode was so misleading.

You're  right about Carole.  What was up with those circa 1960 hats she wore?    

She talked a lot but didn't say anything.   

• Love 17

What the hell was that?  Dorinda calling a summit was a bad move.  Who does she think she is?  That conversation was between Bethenny & Carole .. No one else.  That friendship is finished.  No one appreciates being confronted in front of everyone.  Dorinda is the big honcho and should mind her business.  I'm liking Luann more and more.  Big disappointment tonight.  Screw the Berkshires.  Shit happens there.  Go to a hotel next time, and if you have to hear rules of engagement, don't invite people.  Carole just can't let the election go, still.  Get over it already, it's getting boring.

• Love 19
(edited)

Dumb question here, but when Ramona outed the Assistant's comment about his boss ("I hate him,") was he in character or not?  The way Bethenny jumped on Ramona about it, I couldn't tell if they were still in character or not!  Bethenny seems to always be criticizing somebody, real or not.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I thought it was totally hilarious how Sonja was taking photos of her room at Dorinda's for insurance.

The best part of it was that she wasn't doing it to be funny, she was serious as all get out which made it even funnier! And actually it was our crazy noodle Ramona that was taking the "before" evidence pictures.

Sorry, you were right it was SonJa and not Ramona that was taking the pictures. My mind just flipped it to Ramona since she was the one who tore down the lights and did the wall damage on the last stay.

Edited by mbaywife123
Hit send too quickly
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Dumb question here, but when Ramona outed the Assistant's comment about his boss ("I hate him,") was he in character or not?  The way Bethenny jumped on Ramona about it, I couldn't tell if they were still in character or not!  Bethenny seems to always be criticizing somebody, real or not.

I think that he was in character and made the comment as part of the game (meaning that even though it was said "in confidence" to Ramona, she was meant to repeat it in order to move the game forward) and that Bethany just can't help getting her digs in, even if it means bringing personal/"real" stuff into a literal game.  If he wasn't in character and said that, then he's pretty dumb because he was mic'd and on camera.

• Love 10

I don't understand where Carole and Ramona's friendship came from. They seem cozy this season and I don't get it. They have nothing in common and Ramona is a horrible person. (I don't think Carole is a horrible person.) 

• Love 12
(edited)

No one will ever convince me that the back and forth between Bethenny and Carole was real.    It was totally staged and probably scripted as well.  

ETA:   I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I can't help believing it.   It was so fake.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

No one will ever convince me that the back and forth between Bethenny and Carole was real.    It was totally staged and probably scripted as well.  

ETA:   I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but in can't help believing it.   It was so fake.

The reason it looked fake is Bethenny had that deer-in-the-headlights look and stumbled around with her words - she was called on her shit and was desperate to deflect. Next week we’ll probably see her move into rage mode.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The reason it looked fake is Bethenny had that deer-in-the-headlights look and stumbled around with her words - she was called on her shit and was desperate to deflect. Next week we’ll probably see her move into rage mode.

Bethany was sharp all night.  It's not believable that she suddenly "stumbled around with her words."  That's just not Bethenny.  She let that happen. 

• Love 11

Bethenny: "Men come and go, but strong women last!"

Ramona's voice: "I'll cheers to that!"

Short TH clip of Sonja shaking her head no.

Oh, Editors. I heart you.

• Love 21
(edited)

I see we had to sit through another commercial for Skinny Girl Jeans this week. I really wish they'd edit that ish out. 

BTW, there is already a jeans brand called "Hello Skinny Jeans." They make you look 10 pounds lighter, easy. 

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 19