Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: A Perfect Storm

• Start Topic

Just now, fifty8th said:

Where did she say that? Not questioning it just want to read it.

João needs to go, I don't think I can watch him for an entire season.

Pls tell me that wasn't the guy from Hannah's home being an insulting a-hole? I get them mixed up so early on! ;-)

Well,it's clear whose going to be this season's villian and he's from Zimbawe. Besides the fact that he thinks that one year's experience makes him an expert bosun; apparently, he has not heard that it is no longer politically correct to sexually harass ladies.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

Where did she say that? Not questioning it just want to read it.

João needs to go, I don't think I can watch him for an entire season.

She said...

I just learned I paid half of the tip

OMG! Those women screwed me over

There were five of us and I put in  half OMG

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Well,it's clear whose going to be this season's villian and he's from Zimbawe. Besides the fact that he thinks that one year's experience makes him an expert bosun; apparently, he has not heard that it is no longer politically correct to sexually harass ladies.

I know that they had a lot to drink, but even the biggest drunkest assholes know to not let the words "I'm not going to touch your vagina" out of their mouths.

• Love 14
(edited)

continued...

Charter guest said she only knew Areca and they are no longer speaking. Hope she gets the help she needs

All the charter guests said they hoped she came off like trash on the second part. They were furious she apologized to everyone

........sounds like they wanted to stiff the staff (is it okay to post someone 's twitter name  (not mine or the charter guest's) here? You can read her comments there. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7

Hannah's and Sandy patience with these 'guests' were more than I could ever do.  I would be like listen bitches....  At least Sandy did bring out the preference list.  Screw you blond woman.

I don't know who was worse:  Redhead woman, blond woman or the primary with her 'shade' when giving the tip.

And geez, if you've never been out of Long Island Sound, don't you get patches just in case?  My kid does ocean sailing.  He always gets a prescription for patches before he goes just in case.  Loved the post above about red head woman being 'Jim Cantore'. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

So I missed the name of the guests.  Can anyone provide?   I’d LOVE to find them on Twitter, tell them they have “fans” and direct them HERE.  

You can get the names and what the ditzy blonde charter guest said about all of them here....

tv girl

@couchpotatoz_

• Love 5

These guests are truly the epitome of classless. Watching them try to act ‘phisticated and riché is ridiculous. That “Arica” (or whatever fucked up spelling she uses, the “redhead”) woman is an especially nasty piece of work. I can’t imagine anyone normal wanting to spend 5 minutes with any of these assholes so I guess it’s lucky they have found each other and can amuse themselves by acting like total twats together. The blonde chick seemed incredibly stupid - she doesn’t even know what she eats or doesn’t eat and what she said or didn’t say seconds before or on her preference sheet? What the fuck? Was she on something? 

Not a fan of the J-named guy who went with the seasick girl (names are not sticking at this point) to Capri repeatedly asking about her sex life and then sharing his gleaned information with the other crew. Gross. Grow up. He’s proving to be the “dude bro” of the season already. He’s way out of line too often. He has entitlement issues.

The next episode looks good.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

These guests are truly the epitome of classless. Watching them try to act ‘phisticated and riché is ridiculous. That “Arica” (or whatever fucked up spelling she uses, the “redhead”) woman is an especially nasty piece of work. I can’t imagine anyone normal wanting to spend 5 minutes with any of these assholes so I guess it’s lucky they have found each other and can amuse themselves by acting like total twats together. The blonde chick seemed incredibly stupid - she doesn’t even know what she eats or doesn’t eat and what she said or didn’t say seconds before or on her preference sheet? What the fuck? Was she on something? 

Not a fan of the J-named guy who went with the seasick girl (names are not sticking at this point) to Capri repeatedly asking about her sex life and then sharing his gleaned information with the other crew. Gross. Grow up. He’s proving to be the “dude bro” of the season already. He’s way out of line too often. He has entitlement issues.

The next episode looks good.

Hannah was on "WWHL" tonight with Adam and she says there are guests yet to come that will outdo these b!tches! Not sure I could stand to see human beings treating help so poorly! I've been quite satisfied without it being 5 star service! For these EGOMANIACS to shade the crew and captain all the way to the exit of the charter is just unforgivable! I wouldn't treat a dog like they treated these people whether they're likeable or not! Adam was giving me "Steve McQueen" with the eyes and smile tonight on "WWHL!" I'm almost ready to forgive his boorish behavior from last season! His food is obviously "banging" so the only complaints were coming "out of the arses" of these slagging b!tchies! ;-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, I was contemplating a cruise this summer, but just changed my mind.  Thanks Kasey.

Don't let that stop you. My brother and his husband go every year and have a great time. They are leaving this Saturday for a week.

• Love 2

I just don't understand why people want to be such assholes, particularly on camera. I guess they are hoping for more screentime but why would you want to be seen as a total freaking nightmare. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

At dinner, someone said something like, “the technosphere is ruining our humanity.” I missed who.

I bet it was the redhead. She seems to know everything...

According to the captioning, it was. :D 

• Love 2

Joao irritates to no end, with the talking over Conrad, the way too personal chat with Kasey after knowing her less than 48 hours, and the out of left field attack on Hannah in the taxi bus back to the boat.  But what really bothered me was when he went to see Capt. Sandy in the morning about Kasey's seasickness and he addressed her as "Sandy".  I know Hannah and Adam have done the same on occasion, but at the very least, they've known her for a while.  Joao is a junior deckhand who has known his captain for a couple of days.  I doubt he would have done the same if the captain were a man.  I can only imagine Lee blowing up at a junior deckhand, say Chris Brown, who would dare call him just Lee after 2 days on board.

They kinda didn't really get into it, but what gives with Jamie bursting into tears when asked to help with the interior?  No one was mean to her, other deckhands have helped the interior before (maybe too much, like Bruno), but it's kind of par for the course if the interior needs help.  She's gonna need to suck it up and deal  But I do hope they ditch Kasey if she can't get over the seasickness because I really can't handle 13 episodes of puking in a bucket.

The blonde indecisive guest posted a video on her FB account claiming that she told Adam and Hannah that she didn't like game meat and the duck breast was both a joke on her and still had a duck foot attached (which kinda doesn't sound anatomically possible).  She comes off even crazier to me with her little video than she did on the show.  I can't wait to see what kind of guests top this batshit crazy batch.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

She should bought dinner or a round of drinks at least to make up for people working her shifts! ;-)

Well, she did say she was the "Princess", so there you are.

• Love 3

All I know is that I could NEVER be a stew.  These kids work hard and take a lot of shit no matter how much money they make.  Why the Princess is a stew, I have no idea.  She seems to already have a charmed life at home.  WTF?

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

The blonde lady was something else.  Just hand her a box of Captain Crunch.

I would have bounced a box of Captain Crunch off of her dumb face.

On WWHL Hannah said one of the guests daughter tweeted her to apologize for her mother's behavior.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 10
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

On WWHL Hannah said one of the guests daughter tweeted her to apologize for her mother's behavior.

Good lord if that was my mother I'd be begging her to tell me that I was either adopted or was from my father's first marriage.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, checkmeboo said:

I am loving the low-key shade the show is throwing at these “guests”. 50% off and loving the “house wine”. Bwahahahahaha so high class!!!

Not that I care to defend these guests, because I don’t, but in Europe a lot of the House wines are very good choices. The owners of places either 1) take great pride in what they choose as their good wine (that people usually have a sip of before beginning to eat) is also a reflection of their care in also choosing ingredients for their food. 2) A lot of proprietors make their own wines and although excellent, they only make enough to serve their customers. 

Amercans can be put off by the idea of house wines (some rightly so as they are the cheap ones) but most are curated with care in Europe. Especially IMO in France, Italy and Spain. 

• Love 16

I'm reading Areca's twitter right now. She is a total hag. Doesn't seem like anyone is embarrassed or apologetic for their behavior. I'm sorry for their existence. The crew did their best, not much more you could have asked from them.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bosawks said:

Did Bobby move to Zimbabwe, get facial reconstruction, ease off of the roids and affect an accent?

Because it's like he's back....

Maybe Bobby & Joao's daddy was a Travellin' Man.  And now I want to call him BobbyJo(ao).

Someone needs to remind dickswab that he's not in Zimbabwe anymore.

• Love 19
(edited)

I was looking at Adam’s Instagram page and he really does travel around in a camper van. It’s quite cool. 

Anyway, the gaggle of evil hags are gone. It makes for good tv to watch brats on a fancy boat, but really Italy is the star of the show. I never went to Capri, but even in the rain it is stunning. I’m jealous of all the cast and crew. Even Miss Barfs a Lot. Talk about choosing the wrong career path. 

I’m so over that guy from Zimbabwe that I’ve renamed, ‘choad’ cause he’s a dick. 

Hannah on WWHL said she doesn’t work on yachts other than for filming Below Deck. 

Maybe  she spends her money wisely, but I don’t think Bravo money would  be enough to last someone throughout the year. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lizzing said:

The blonde indecisive guest posted a video on her FB account claiming that she told Adam and Hannah that she didn't like game meat and the duck breast was both a joke on her and still had a duck foot attached (which kinda doesn't sound anatomically possible).  She comes off even crazier to me with her little video than she did on the show. 

This is completely untrue because we saw the plate. It was very obviously a duck breast. It may have had a wing still attached and tucked under, but it sure didn't look like it. Based on how they usually source proteins on this show, they are often already butchered and sold in individual cryovac pouches of just breasts, thighs, and drumsticks, it's unlikely that there were any wings left on the breasts or feet left on the drumsticks. Feet, wings, backs and necks are usually reserved to make commercial duck stock or demi glace, which the chefs often buy too. Secondly, her preference sheet said nothing about game meat, but I don't believe duck is usually considered a game meat. The problem is that she was so addled (drunk, on medications, or some combo of the two) at that dinner that she doesn't know what the fuck was going on.

And it is anatomically impossible that there was a duck foot attached to a duck breast.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 23
(edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Not that I care to defend these guests, because I don’t, but in Europe a lot of the House wines are very good choices. The owners of places either 1) take great pride in what they choose as their good wine (that people usually have a sip of before beginning to eat) is also a reflection of their care in also choosing ingredients for their food. 2) A lot of proprietors make their own wines and although excellent, they only make enough to serve their customers. 

Amercans can be put off by the idea of house wines (some rightly so as they are the cheap ones) but most are curated with care in Europe. Especially IMO in France, Italy and Spain. 

Agree it’s  true that many make their wine In house, especially in Tuscany.  I always get the house wine in Italy

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5

I like that Captain Sandy defended her crew, but...is it just me, or is she still really socially awkward? Like it felt as if there were far smoother ways to handle that whole situation.

Of all of those terrible, awful women, I actually felt a little sorry for the blonde woman. She seemed both embarrassed and confused over the food stuff. She wasn't being belligerent about it. I'm not sure what she was going through, but she was going through something, and wasn't in her right mind. It seemed far easier to just sweetly ask her what she'd like made for her than to go round and round questioning her various likes and dislikes and showing her the preference sheet. I mean, yeah, it's nice to get justice on an annoying customer, but it felt like surely there were far easier and smoother ways to go about it. And it was weird that nobody commented on her clear inebriation (or something else....something was going on there) in at least the talking heads, as they have in the past where "vegans" get wasted and suddenly want chicken nachos at midnight.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, checkmeboo said:

I am loving the low-key shade the show is throwing at these “guests”. 50% off and loving the “house wine”. Bwahahahahaha so high class!!!

I wouldn't know the difference between a lowball vintage from Livingston and a Bordeaux from 1920! I still carry around an old bottle of Brut Champagne since it has date of my mom's BD; 1938! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I wouldn't know the difference between a lowball vintage from Livingston and a Bordeaux from 1920! I still carry around an old bottle of Brut Champagne since it has date of my mom; 1938! ;-)

Sadly champagnes aren’t known to age well, but that’s nice that you keep it sentimentally. While it may lose bubbles with storage,  it still remains a wine. That’s neat that you found a bottle with her year on it. I tatted one from the 30’s back in the 70’s but sadly it was just one wee glass and not so good. Bollingers 1934 if I remember correctly. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I just don't understand why people want to be such assholes, particularly on camera. I guess they are hoping for more screentime but why would you want to be seen as a total freaking nightmare. 

Maybe the don’t want to be assholes, maybe they just ARE assholes. They (aside from the blonde and even then, I don’t think she’s really owning it all) don’t seem to think they did anything wrong. It’s crazy but some people are really just that big of pompous pricks.

6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Why the Princess is a stew, I have no idea.  She seems to already have a charmed life at home.  WTF?

She can’t get on TV staying home.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Maybe the don’t want to be assholes, maybe they just ARE assholes.

When the primary went up to the bridge to bitch to Sandy, she said something like "I have some complaints, which are valid." 

Why would you say something like that? Do you often have complaints which are NOT valid? (Yes, probably)

• Love 23
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I like that Captain Sandy defended her crew, but...is it just me, or is she still really socially awkward? Like it felt as if there were far smoother ways to handle that whole situation.

Of all of those terrible, awful women, I actually felt a little sorry for the blonde woman. She seemed both embarrassed and confused over the food stuff. She wasn't being belligerent about it. I'm not sure what she was going through, but she was going through something, and wasn't in her right mind. It seemed far easier to just sweetly ask her what she'd like made for her than to go round and round questioning her various likes and dislikes and showing her the preference sheet. I mean, yeah, it's nice to get justice on an annoying customer, but it felt like surely there were far easier and smoother ways to go about it. And it was weird that nobody commented on her clear inebriation (or something else....something was going on there) in at least the talking heads, as they have in the past where "vegans" get wasted and suddenly want chicken nachos at midnight.

Part of me was super frustrated with her because she was contradicting herself. The other part did make me feel bad for her as I’ve been in that position—trying to quietly deal with something related to my dinner (allergy related) and then the whole table starts focusing all their attention on me, and asking a bunch of questions in rapid-fire succession. People mean well—and for once, I think these guests did, too—but it’s embarrassing and I get flustered, too.

• Love 8
(edited)

The blonde chick would’ve made me change my mind completely about her if she would’ve said, I’ll just have some of that pasta in a bowl. (She claims now that she loved that pasta and told Adam..did we see her keep hers?)

If these other guests aren’t her friends and she was mortified by them (as she says now) she could’ve taken these opportunities to show she wasn’t right there with them. Instead she looked like a flighty douche.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 11
(edited)

Also, if there were 5 charter guests and she paid $6k for the tip and is aghast to learn that she paid half of the tip herself, since $12k total was left, does that mean she thought they were each leaving $6k for a totally of - a $30k tip?! Why would she leave $6k to begin with? This chick makes no sense. They don’t normally get anywhere near $30k in one tip do they? But she thought the tacky bitches were actually leaving that much?

Edit: @dleighg https://mobile.twitter.com/couchpotatoz_/status/999110985268031489

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Also, if there were 5 charter guests and she paid $6k for the tip and is aghast to learn that she paid half of the tip herself does that mean she thought they were each leaving $6k for a totally of - a $30k tip?! Why would she leave $6k to begin with? They don’t normally get anywhere near $30k in one tip do they?

It has happened; even more! I'm pretty sure I heard $32-35K more than a few times! ;-)

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Where was that part about the tip? I must have missed it.

Apparently it is something the charter guest posted to social media - after watching the ep she said that she realized that she had covered half the tip. There's a link near the top of this page to a twitter feed that posted it.

Or maybe the main charter guest only gave a portion of it to the crew and pocketed a bunch of it! 

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

It has happened; even more! I'm pretty sure I heard $32-35K more than a few times! ;-)

I don’t remember any that big. I thought the largest was low 20s.

Given the way she behaved at dinner and claiming that duck breast had a foot attached I don’t believe anything that blonde woman says.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
(edited)

I've mentioned in the previous thread that we were recently on a NatGeo "cruise" to the Galapagos. The recommended tip for a week per guest (to be divided among 20 staff) was $180. For the entire boat, that would be less than $500 per staff member for a week. These tips are nuts IMHO.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t remember any that big. I thought the largest was low 20s.

There have been some high rollers who were high maintenance! On one occasion they were going to get $35,000, but the guests weren't happy with the speed of the WiFi and weren't as impressed with Ben's cuisine! The guy took a few thousand out of the envelope when leaving with those complaints! He helicoptered in a couple times with his guests a few years ago! ;-)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I thought Sandy handled the situation pretty well, by that point the whole thing was getting very ridiculous. The other charter guests were even chiming in asking blonde woman what she does like to eat. I do agree that Captain Sandy is socially awkward. I thought that last season. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

There have been some high rollers who were high maintenance! On one occasion they were going to get $35,000, but the guests weren't happy with the speed of the WiFi and weren't as impressed with Ben's cuisine! The guy took a few thousand out of the envelope when leaving with those complaints! He helicoptered in a couple times with his guests a few years ago! ;-)

That was Timothy Sykes on the original. He was going to leave $22k not $35k and ended up giving $17k. He wrote a Blog about it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Joao, way to go showing your crude, nasty, predator behaviors for all the world to see, so now all future employers can avoid you.

Yet another awful episode with awful, disgusting people. I loathe when people, women in particular, harp on and on about being "assertive strong women" and think that gives them carte blanche to be a fucking psycho bitch to everyone they encounter. So Ms. Bitchy Group Leader, go fuck yourself you tacky ass, low rent sad excuse for a human being. Go away, you embarrass your family.

To the hideous thing with the red hair, please, get yourself to a new shrink because whatever meds you're on aren't working. You are vile, awful, and talk out your ass so much that I could smell shit in my living room last night. On second thought, keep on embarrassing yourself publicly on national TV, go ahead, keep it up, so the whole world can see who you are and avoid you.

See you next tuesday, witches...

snapshot.jpg

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Hannah looked absolutely gorgeous on WWHL last night!

Yes, she did, and I love that Kate Chastain flew into NYC to surprise her.  Apparently, they chat a lot but had never officially met.  Love to hear that they're friends.  

11 hours ago, bosawks said:

Did Bobby move to Zimbabwe, get facial reconstruction, ease off of the roids and affect an accent?

Because it's like he's back....

So much this, It's not like Hannah insulted him other than to request that he pull away/stop grabbing his balls behind Adam. Feel like he came loaded for bear, not to mention his boorish behavior toward Brooke. I guess there always has to be an asshole...

• Love 5

Those guests were nuts, it had to be for the show.  I do feel sorry for the 3rd Stew, I get terrible seasickness too, but I also know to stay off boats.  It's not fair for the rest of the crew to have to do her job.  If the meds don't help, she needs to leave.

Sandy is awkward, but I think it's more because she's being filmed.  She's the CAptain but she's also under pressure to not come across as a bitch even though she may need to be one.

• Love 2