Type keyword(s) to search

Captain James Deakins: Underused, Underappreciated, Much Missed!

I love Deakins. But then, I love Jamey.

Was it ever explained why he wore that eyepatch for a few episodes? I only remember him saying "don't ask" when Alex? Bobby? looked at him with a question.

Or was it something to do with Jamey and he had to sport it for some eye operation or whatever in real life?

Yeah, he did, aquarian1! So maybe it was reel life taking from real life...or it was for the character and Sheridan scratched a cornea or something. He sort of looked like a pirate with it. Made him less polished, pretty cool.  :-)

• Love 1

It was Bells Palsy, I remember Goren asking him if the eyepatch helped at all. Why did Jamey leave the show? I remember the situation that brought it about, he was framed by the guy he sent to prison... but wondered if he was fired or wanted out and quit.

First time I saw him on the show, I shouted "OMG, it's the Devil himself!" Will never forget his performance in The Stand.

• Love 1

Jamey Sheridan actually had Bells Palsy.  They just went ahead and added it to the Deakins character rather than trying to hide it.  That's why he eventually decided to leave the show.

(edited)

I always thought Bell's palsy was a temporary condition. Sad if that's why Jamey Sheridan left. It's funny. I never took much notice of Deakins - not that I disliked him at all but always focused on G/E - 'til his small arc with the e-mail scandal that hastened the character's exit. But after Danny Ross came aboard, I realized how much I missed Deakins and how good Jamey Sheridan was, even with the crumbs he got.

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 1