Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Talk

• Start Topic

Discuss Season 2 here!

Five months after Hannah’s death, the case against liberty goes to trial, with Tyler as the first witness. Clay finds a troubling photo in his locker.

• Love 1

Guess being in Nz has its benefits. Get to watch first as you guys sleep. I must say I’m not a fan of clay x skye. Plus I guess Clay’s bump to the head has allowed him to see dead people. Either that or he has a brain tumour. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

When did it go up? I looked yesterday. I guess I'm in for the weekend;)

Right at midnight.  That's the time all Netflix shows drop/become available on their premiere date.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OnceSane said:

Right at midnight.  That's the time all Netflix shows drop/become available on their premiere date.

Thank you! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't start at midnight. I'd still be up!

I agree, Alex' scenes were fantastic but the first episode seemed off. I hate Skye with Clay so pairing her up with Clay and them making out all the time doesn't feel right. Especially when I see Hannah's face. I've found Clay's behaviour to be odd, yet again he slows everything, never admits, he was one of the weakest part of the episode. This show still is so true to life, I can totally relate but most of the time I felt nothing, it didn't really captivate me.

• Love 2
(edited)

Alex's scenes were definitely the best, and I am really glad he survived. So Liberty High decided to just not talk about anything to do with suicide? No wonder they're being sued. 

I dont really like Sky, so her and Clay being all kissy wasn't my favorite. At all. I would have rather checked in on everyone else. 

The weird but poetic threats people are getting makes me feel like I turned on Pretty Little Liars, but with less camp and more sadness. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

I have a couple of questions - 

Is Jackie a friend of Hannah's mom? I'm confused on who she is

Why is Tony on probation?

Why is Alex's leg messed up if he shot himself in the head?

• Love 2

Wow, Courtney actually stepped up. She was pretty awful last season, I am actually surprised that she finally told the truth. Sucks that the asshole lawyer forced her to out herself before she was ready though. I did kind of laugh at Courtney's dads arguing over what LGBTQ movies to watch to talk about Courtney coming out, while Courtney was just sitting there next to them. 

Zack and Alex hanging out is pretty great, I like their banter. Its nice to have a few scenes that arent super depressing. 

• Love 11

The teens are all falling right back into the traps of not telling their parents/trusted adults. I’m going to be ticked if we dont see one helpful adult or teacher someone goes to for help. Say something someone!

What was with the counselor choking Bryce? The counselor has completely flipped script. Walking the halls, talking to students, at least he’s finally doing something he’s supposed to. But where are the teachers??

Alex and Jessica were my favorite parts. I wish she had told Bryce to fuck-off though.  Also really like that Zach is making an effort to be better. I get his teen mind, being torn between doing the right thing and flying under the radar with Bryce. Protect himself, keep an eye on Jessica and Alex, while keeing Bryce off his back.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, tabularasa said:

I've found Clay's behaviour to be odd

I feel like he's erratic because he's been a mess of emotions ever since Hannah's suicide/listening to the tapes.

I really like the Tyler/Alex and Alex/Jessica/Zach friendships

Also, what was the second note that Tony was burning?

Edited by Hope
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

What was with the counselor choking Bryce? The counselor has completely flipped script. Walking the halls, talking to students, at least he’s finally doing something he’s supposed to. But where are the teachers??

So far my favorite part of the episode was the counselor.

I agree with hideousness of the wig!

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Also, what was the second note that Tony was burning?

I believe it was a detailed journal entry of the last day Hannah was alive.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Alex’s gunshot to the head  which caused his coma may have partially paralyzed him. He has been through physical therapy which my explain walking with a cane.

Edited by btho1776
  • Love 4

I was really looking forward to this but I'm disappointed so far. It seems like they're just playing for the drama, which I get but last season it seems more real. I'm not a fan of clay and Skye.

• Love 4

Also, my biggest example of them playing for drama is what they're doing with Tony.  I don't like that they're adding him having some big, bad secret.   And I think the page he burned was from the day he did something to Hannah.  That's what Ryan implied.

• Love 4

Clay: I love how Wal-Plex locks up the spray paint, but not the ammunition. 

Oooh, boy, did that set off my foreshadowing alarm. 

Very strong opening episode to the season. It’s been so long since I watched the first season and read the book that I’m having some issues remembering who all the characters are.

I thought Alex of one of the more sympathetic characters in season one, so I’m glad he got a lot of focus in this episode. 

Tyler brought Alex the product placement. Truly the mark of a great friend. 

Bryce’s first scene was him injecting a teammate with Steroids couldn’t have been more Bryce if they tried. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I was so excited about S2 beginning but as soon as the recap began, I remembered how stressful and difficult this show can be to watch. I'm still glad that the show is on though because these are issues that should be discussed.

One thing I really liked was that Clay, Tyler, and Alex all WANTED to testify. They asked things like "Do you think they'll let me testify? Will I get to testify?"

Ricky Vasquez - yay!

I know the defense lawyer is just doing her job but ugh, I just can't with her trying to equate Hannah voluntarily letting Tyler take pictures of her in a public place with an upskirt photo being sent to everyone at school or Tyler skulking in the bushes taking pictures outside her bedroom window.

Part of me had to laugh every time one of the kids approached Clay to ask why the case wasn't being settled or out of court or why they were being called to testify. Uh, Clay isn't a lawyer. His mom isn't even on the case anymore. He knows as much (or possibly less) than you do.

But then Clay turned around and demanded to know who Hannah was sexting with (and really, is a selfie with a halfway unbuttoned blouse from your movie theater uniform really sexting? She was more covered up than she would have been at the beach in a bathing suit). I guess Clay thinks that Tyler not only had a telephoto lens but the ability to see through solid objects like Hannah's phone.

Some of the divisions have been no surprise, but I liked seeing some of the alliances like Ryan giving Tony what Hannah had written, Tyler bringing junk food to Alex, and Zach insisting on carrying Alex's backpack his first day back at school.

When Chloe said said she wanted Jessica to be a flyer, I was afraid she was just setting her up to get dropped and injured, or possibly distract her so that Bryce could throw a baseball at her. I became even more suspicious when I saw Chloe kissing Bryce after practice. Jessica, girl, you in danger. The countdown clock to being deliberately dropped has begun. Now the only question is if she will break an arm, a leg, get a concussion, etc.

I can't blame Zach for doing what most of the other kids are doing in their own way, which is towing the line. Regardless of what their agendas are, right now they know better than to be outwardly aggressive at school (although Bryce, who was bold enough to try to pretend everything was fine with Jessica, was dumb to get in Tyler's face in the hallway). That's why it kind of cracked me up that both Zach and Clay were like WHOA WHOA WHOA PUT THAT AWAY when Alex pulled out his suicide note at school. I loved Alex's response though - the school can't suspend him for talking about himself. But I definitely get Zach's strategy - he is not being antagonistic towards Bryce because they're on the baseball team together so he needs to keep the peace on the field and doing so also enables him to kind of keep the others under his protection. Maybe it's not the bravest or most antagonistic choice he could make, but I think he's doing what he thinks is best. Like everyone else, he's figuring out how to cope with the aftermath of the tapes and Hannah's death. I appreciate that he's really making a very public effort with Alex.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7
(edited)

Awww, I wanted to tell Hannah's mom that just because that other lady doesn't carry her kid's sock around anymore because she's moved on doesn't mean that she has to do the same thing. There's no timetable for grief.Take all the time you need and don't feel pressured just because this lady is further along in her grief process.

Man, Clay is bold. He and Skye had sex in his bedroom while his parents were downstairs? I never would have dared to do something like that when I was in high school.

While part of me understands that Skye feels she can't compete with perfect dead Hannah, at the same time it's only been five months since Hannah died, which is not very long at all. On top of that, she killed herself which can make a death even more difficult to deal with. Add to that the guilt he feels about Hannah and it's not at all surprising that he has unresolved feelings for her. But what Skye doesn't yet understand is that it's possible to have messy complicated feelings for someone and still like someone else.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of Skye or Sosie Bacon so I'd be okay with her not being a main focus of Clay's life for the rest of the season. At first it seemed like he was using Skye as a substitute for Hannah because Skye represented someone who he could save this time if he just tried harder.

Poor Courtney. It was bad enough listening to her dads argue about which movies to watch with her but when the camera panned over and revealed that they were having this discussion right in front of her like she wasn't even there, I felt bad for her. I also felt bad that she was forced to come out during her testimony. This is exactly why people don't like defense lawyers.

I'm glad to see that Alex and Zach's friendship is continuing but Zach lost a few points when he lied to Bryce and said he was just helping Alex because their moms are friends. Really? His rich mom is friends with Alex's working class mom? Zach's mom seems a little too concerned with being acquainted with people who can get her somethng. How did she put it? "We need to benefit from our associations."

I also love that Tony and Hannah's mom are still friends. I know it may seem weird to an outsider because of the age difference but I feel like their friendship is not just based solely upon their guilt and grief anymore. They have an ease in their friendship that makes me think they will remain friends (barring any dun dun DUUUUUUUN revelations from Tony about the pages he got from Ryan).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

The flashback scene reminded me that I like Alex so much better without the bleached blonde hair. He's also been less of a selfish dick this season too.

I guess Clay hasn't watched enough movies about rehab to know that they usually take your phone away as soon as you get there.

Clay was being so petty and jealous. He's mad at Hannah because he thinks that she kissed "half the school." First of all, you didn't have the balls to ask her out so you have no right to be jealous that she decided to kiss other people while you were just hanging out in the friend zone for most of the school year. Secondly, so what if she kissed half the school (which is a ridiculously slut shaming exaggeration)? 

Tony has a glorious head of hair. I just wish he didn't slick it back so often. It looks so much better when it's just loose.

How are they going to get Justin clean and sober in time to testify? Heh, and when are they going to mention to him that they want him to go to court to say yes, I let Bryce rape my unconscious girlfriend?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was so excited about S2 beginning but as soon as the recap began, I remembered how stressful and difficult this show can be to watch. I'm still glad that the show is on though because these are issues that should be discussed.

One thing I really liked was that Clay, Tyler, and Alex all WANTED to testify. They asked things like "Do you think they'll let me testify? Will I get to testify?"

Ricky Vasquez - yay!

I know the defense lawyer is just doing her job but ugh, I just can't with her trying to equate Hannah voluntarily letting Tyler take pictures of her in a public place with an upskirt photo being sent to everyone at school or Tyler skulking in the bushes taking pictures outside her bedroom window.

Part of me had to laugh every time one of the kids approached Clay to ask why the case wasn't being settled or out of court or why they were being called to testify. Uh, Clay isn't a lawyer. His mom isn't even on the case anymore. He knows as much (or possibly less) than you do.

But then Clay turned around and demanded to know who Hannah was sexting with (and really, is a selfie with a halfway unbuttoned blouse from your movie theater uniform really sexting? She was more covered up than she would have been at the beach in a bathing suit). I guess Clay thinks that Tyler not only had a telephoto lens but the ability to see through solid objects like Hannah's phone.

Some of the divisions have been no surprise, but I liked seeing some of the alliances like Ryan giving Tony what Hannah had written, Tyler bringing junk food to Alex, and Zach insisting on carrying Alex's backpack his first day back at school.

When Chloe said said she wanted Jessica to be a flyer, I was afraid she was just setting her up to get dropped and injured, or possibly distract her so that Bryce could throw a baseball at her. I became even more suspicious when I saw Chloe kissing Bryce after practice. Jessica, girl, you in danger. The countdown clock to being deliberately dropped has begun. Now the only question is if she will break an arm, a leg, get a concussion, etc.

I can't blame Zach for doing what most of the other kids are doing in their own way, which is towing the line. Regardless of what their agendas are, right now they know better than to be outwardly aggressive at school (although Bryce, who was bold enough to try to pretend everything was fine with Jessica, was dumb to get in Tyler's face in the hallway). That's why it kind of cracked me up that both Zach and Clay were like WHOA WHOA WHOA PUT THAT AWAY when Alex pulled out his suicide note at school. I loved Alex's response though - the school can't suspend him for talking about himself. But I definitely get Zach's strategy - he is not being antagonistic towards Bryce because they're on the baseball team together so he needs to keep the peace on the field and doing so also enables him to kind of keep the others under his protection. Maybe it's not the bravest or most antagonistic choice he could make, but I think he's doing what he thinks is best. Like everyone else, he's figuring out how to cope with the aftermath of the tapes and Hannah's death. I appreciate that he's really making a very public effort with Alex.

This reminds me. A school banning all discussion about suicide after a girl succeeded in it and a boy attempted it in such a short time frame seems like a really boneheaded decision. 

That seems like something the prosecution would be all over. 

But... I have a sinking suspicion that this trial is going to be like the one from the UK Show Broadchurch’s second season, where joy, happiness, and every possible thing that may be considered justice goes to die, and everyone who has even the slightest bit of knowledge about law and how a trials work will have an aneurysm screaming about how everyone involved would be disbarred so fast. 

• Love 5

I would just like to point out that Clay saw the Oakland postcard in plain sight on Jessica's mirror so that didn't really count as snooping through her stuff until he picked it up and read the back.

Listening to Marcus blatantly lie about Valentine's Day with Hannah made my blood boil. But when he then said that she asked him to set her up with BRYCE WALKER, I was like OH NO HE DIDN'T!!

I'm glad that once again, Tony tried to dissuade Hannah's mom from pushing Jessica to admit that she's the one on tape 9. I get that Olivia wants to build a case against Bryce to get justice for Hannah, but she should not be trying to force an underage girl to admit in court that she was raped. As much as I want to see Bryce punished for what he did, Jessica is fragile enough as it is right now.

As soon as Bryce handed the test to Zach, I knew that wasn't going to end well, but that was definitely not what I was expecting.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

I have a sinking suspicion that this trial is going to be like the one from the UK Show Broadchurch’s second season, where joy, happiness, and every possible thing that may be considered justice goes to die, and everyone who has even the slightest bit of knowledge about law and how a trials work will have an aneurysm screaming about how everyone involved would be disbarred so fast. 

At some point after S1 of this show ended, I was thinking about what S2 would be like and near the top of my list was "please don't make this like S2 of Broadchurch with a major focus on the trial and the sad excuse for the justice system" because the trial took up way too much time and was depressing as hell. I'm glad that it seems like rather than just having the witnesses sit in court and talk (like they do on The Good Wife), they're doing flashbacks.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

At some point after S1 of this show ended, I was thinking about what S2 would be like and near the top of my list was "please don't make this like S2 of Broadchurch with a major focus on the trial and the sad excuse for the justice system" because the trial took up way too much time and was depressing as hell. I'm glad that it seems like rather than just having the witnesses sit in court and talk (like they do on The Good Wife), they're doing flashbacks.

I do like that Tyler’s testimony was being used the same way Hannah’s tape narration was used in season one. Gives thoughts of the individual character, and drives the themes of the episode when what they say is paired to the actions we see.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Finished.  I really liked the portrayal of parents on this show.  I really ended up loving Alex’s parents even though his dad will always be Jacob from Lost for me.

I was worried throughout the episodes that Zach was playing them and was actually one of the rapists. He and Alex were really the best part of the show for me.

Happy that Courtney redeemed herself.  Marcus is still awful....and am I off in thinking Marcus may be gay? Did not like that Nina burned all the photos.  Those were not hers to burn.

I guess next season we get to look forward to teen pregnancy and heroin abuse.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 2

So, I haven't been truly excited about season 2. No matter the flaws of season 1, I thought they did a decent job with telling the story. I questioned why they needed a season 2 in the first place. So far, they're doing an ok job, but I'm still questioning if this season is really necessary. 

Alex has been one of my favourites, and he got some really good material in this premiere. I like how bold he was in wanting to talk about his suicide attempt and how everyone was more willing to avoid the subject. I can see the avoidance not going well later on. I think the banning of all suicide discussion is going to blow up in the school's face. Avoiding the topic isn't keeping it under control, and it isn't going to go away. It is funny to see Alex so casual about wanting to show his suicide note to people, mostly to make sense of it himself so he can remember what happened the month up until his attempt, but nobody wanting to talk to him. 

The trial stuff is likely going to get on my nerves, mostly because of the defense lawyer. She's doing her job, but it doesn't mean it won't piss me right off. Tyler's testimony seemed to be well done. I don't know how convincing he was, but I thought his narrative throughout was nice. 

Clay's a very frustrating character. No doubt he has some form of his own trauma with Hannah's death and it's finally caught up to him. His avoidance of Hannah through Skye is not very subtle, and him seeing her now is a clear cause of her trial. He definitely needs some help.

Also, did Tyler really see Hannah sexting? Or was there something more? It seemed like a mostly innocent photo. Sure, she took a picture of her...bra, I guess, but not really sexting. 

I do feel bad for Jessica. Now she has to deal with Bryce, after the knowledge of her rape, and she has to deal with all those people at school. I'm guessing new mean girl Chloe was the one to put that blow-up doll outside of Jessica's front door, and I'm guessing she's going to cause even more problems. 

Mr. Porter is odd. I'm not really sure I'm fond of his methods. Sure, good for him on being affected by the tapes and actually doing something, but threatening a teenager? He's going to slip up somehow and get himself arrested. 

Zach is a character who I am really fascinated with. You can tell he wants to do the right thing, but he also wants to be a peacemaker but also be somewhat of a coward. He has a good heart; he just doesn't know what to do with it, exactly. 

Overall, not the worst premiere. I'm not sure it got me roped into the season in general, though I am interested in Alex's story, in what else Tony knows about Hannah, and Jessica's story as well. Everyone else's story? Eh, I could take or leave most of them. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I finished. What a sad ending. Not only do we have a teen pregnancy, heroin, we also are going to have a fallout from the police being called, Clay with the gun, and them helpin Tyler get away. With Santa Fe, and Netflix canceling the party for the show, I really thought Tyler was going to kill his classmates. When the group surrounded Clay when the song came on, with Tyler’s “friends” standing behind them, I mute my tv. I didnt want to hear/see it if they did go there. 

I very much liked the adoption story. The fight when tying the tie made it seem like the boys were already starting to act like brothers with their bickering. And I really enjoyed the friendship between Zach and Alex. The learning how to dance scene caused me to tear up.

I hope the ladies have more to do next season. I hope Jessica gets to make more choices than having the boys constantly try to pressure her into things.

Overall, I still wish there had been a teacher protrayed as someone fighting for their students (other than the counselor this season). This whole group of teens should be in therapy. And someone should be going through Justin’s stuff on the daily.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 6

Well, that happened. Don't really know how I feel about this season. That scene with Tyler and Montgomery was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen on TV. I feel like they did it only for the shock value.

Overall thoughts about the season:

The bad:

- Hannah as a ghost (I felt like she didn't add anything of value to the narrative. I get that they wanted to keep the actress but she was in all the flashbacks so I don't get why she needed to be a ghost as well)

- Justin's drug addiction

- Jessica cheating on Alex in the end

- Chloe and the pregnancy

- The Tyler thing

- Skye's and Clay's relationship. They just weren't believable. At all.

The good:

- I really liked Mr. Porter. His testimony made me tear up.

- Justin's and Clay's reluctant friendship (Justin lounging around Clay's house always eating something made me crak up every time)

- Zach's and Alex's friendship

- The group sticking together at the end

- Bryce's mom (she saw right throught him) and Clay's dad (one of the coolest dad on TV)

The things I don't understand:

- Why would anyone in their right mind send their kid to a school like Liberty High?

- Why would the Jensens adopt Justin? I get that they want to do something nice for him but why jump right to adoption? Why don't they try fostering first?

- Why did Nina burn the pictures?

- Where did Justin get the drugs? Didn't he just return from the juvie? And why was he arrested in the first place?

- Zach's and Hannah's relationship. Like where did that come from?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm glad to see that Alex and Zach's friendship is continuing but Zach lost a few points when he lied to Bryce and said he was just helping Alex because their moms are friends. Really? His rich mom is friends with Alex's working class mom? Zach's mom seems a little too concerned with being acquainted with people who can get her somethng. How did she put it? "We need to benefit from our associations."

I'm definitely disappointed in Zach, but he's been consistent with his cowardice. He wants to be a good person and do the right thing, but that's not always easy, especially someone who's popular, but on the outside still, like Zach is. I have hope that he can stand up for himself sometime this season. He's almost there, but has a ways to go. 

Ok, I get that Clay is unconsciously using Skye and she has some severe issues of her own, but she's also getting on my nerves. I hope this is the last episode where she's in Clay's story front and center with Hannah. I think Skye is very much a teenager, in which she doesn't fully understand that relationships aren't black and white and, adding suicide and unresolved feelings into the mix, it's not going to be easy to just get over one person and start dating another. Skye also has a lot of mental health issues, with anxiety and self loathing and a lot of insecurities, so no matter what Clay had said, she likely wouldn't have stayed satisfied for long. That being said, Clay has been leading Skye on, even subconsciously, and his actions are one out of grief and trauma, so this relationship definitely needed to end. 

So, I said last season that they'd need to do a whole hell of a lot to even have me remotely feel bad for Courtney, as they did a shit job at making her sympathetic, even with her being closeted. I will say, I think they have been succeeding in this episode alone, and it seems like they'll continue. I did feel bad for Courtney. She was basically forced to come out in order to do the right thing, and it's not even a guarantee that it'll help Hannah and her legacy. The actions Courtney took in the courtroom were brave and very big of her. I did feel bad with the scene of her dads talking about her while she was there, but overall, they were supportive and luckily she has that to hang on to. Hopefully, they continue with this path for Courtney, as this episode finally made me sympathize with her.

Alex's interactions with everyone are great. I especially like his growing friendship with Zach. I think both made valid points during their fight, and Alex's anger wasn't necessarily at him, but about everything (especially seeing his coma photos). 

• Love 4

Generally, the season was pretty good but wildly uneven. The final scene was a rather wish fulfillment but ultimately glad that they did not go there with a school shooting. The washroom scene was so disturbing. 

The goods: good acting, a lot of the parents (especially Alex's dad and Jessica's dad) behaved in ways I did not expect, strengthening of certain friendships. My acting MVP is Porter.

The bad: A lot of the women not Jessica did very little, Clay was really annoying (he hangs out with all the jocks not rapists, the goths, and Sheri has the hots for him even though he treats her like crap), and I hate the emphasis on the trial.

• Love 3

I have no idea what to think honestly. In season 1 Hannah I've found Hannah annoying but this season I missed her, she brought something special to the show. Hannah as a ghost didn't work, the flashbacks weren't much more interesting either. Clay was even more annoying but I liked their season 1 dynamic, the song made me cry. I see why so many people switched to Hannah & Zach but I'll forever be Hannah & Clay *goes into hiding*.

The relationship between Clay and Justin was adorable. 

So many uninteresting plots, the emphasis on the trial got tired very fast. There wasn't much storyline, the season could have had like 3-4 episodes and it'd be more than enough.

• Love 3

God, Clay is such a jealous dickwad. I sympathize with his grief, but at the same time, he's done nothing but make snide remarks toward anyone who showed an ounce of interest in Hannah. His snide "you kissed Hannah" to Alex was just irritating. Boy, I know you're going through a lot right now, but you weren't the only person in Hannah's life. So sit down, shut up, and stop making your relationship with her as being so important. 

I am enjoying each character getting to have the narrative voiceover, depending on who's testifying. I liked Jessica's narrative quite a bit. After last season of them starting to give her layers but not enough, I enjoy them fleshing her out more here. I knew I could grow to care about Jessica this season, and I'm glad they've taken the time to tell her story as well.

Yeah, I forgot how much Flashback Alex sucked. I know it was only technically a year ago, but he's definitely changed a lot since then, but especially since Hannah's death.

I'm not surprised at Justin's whereabouts when Clay and Tony found him. It's a very sad situation, even for an asshole like Justin. That being said, do they really believe that Justin will willingly testify against Bryce? I think, as much as he cares for Jessica, if he didn't willingly come out with the truth before, he probably won't now. It would take a whole lot to get him to. 

Tyler's stuff with his new friend Cyrus and I guess Cyrus' sister isn't horrible. Hopefully, the storyline continues to lead somewhere more positive, rather than taking a dark turn.

I guess Marcus' story is up next. He's the next one that needs to be redeemed, so if they can do that like they started to do with Courtney (at least in the sense of me feeling more than just hatred), then I'll be further impressed. 

• Love 5

God, poor Zach. I think he's been struggling to be in both worlds; the popular jocks, and with his actual friends, but it was a matter of time before he was forced to choose. I hope that this unfortunate incident, and whatever happens with the test, is the thing that gets Zach to split off completely from Bryce.

I can't say that they really made me feel for Marcus. The flashbacks were really, really gross, especially with Marcus' testimony overlaying it. Also, he definitely made things worse by naming Bryce Walker as the guy Hannah was "interested" in. I'm hoping this turns the situation into a good one down the road, even if it clearly isn't for the short term.

So I can't say that I wasn't pleased with Tyler and Cyrus' mini revenge on Marcus with the pink paint. It wasn't enough, but it was a small, satisfying moment.

Clay is very....selfish, isn't he? He thinks that he's in charge of all of this, that he's the only one that can avenge Hannah's death, or something. I really don't like when he fantasizes about Hannah in situations with other guys. The shot of her with Bryce in this episode, in particular, reflected worse on Clay. And he consistently does this too. His obsession with Hannah is more unhealthy than Tyler's, at this point. Though, can someone find him talking to "Hannah" soon?

I can't say that I like Chloe at all; she is clearly very fake with her friendship with Jessica. It feels like she doesn't care about her (her smile's dropped a couple of times this season whenever she's finished a conversation with Jess) and she has some ulterior motives (probably keeping an eye on Jessica to stay away from "her man"), but I can't say either that I wish for her to find out about Bryce the hard way.

I really felt for Alex, as well as his parents. But now Alex has the tapes, so either it'll help him, or make things worse.

• Love 7