Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: START

(edited)

Oleg, no, left in a cell..... He deserved better.

I simply cannot believe, "after all this time," Stan, that you let them go.

Well, it was an ending -- but so many questions remain.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 24
Just now, aquarian1 said:

I wonder how long it took Philip and Elizabeth to get to Russia.  Can they tell Arkady about the KGB plot?

Well, and Arkady is expecting to be picked up himself -- I thought it might end with that.  

• Love 7

I loved it. It’s just too bad we had to struggle through the dreck of last season to get this.  They could have advanced everything so much more but it was wasted.

• Love 17

If the implication is that Paige gets away with it and gets to stay in America, then that is the worst part for me. Plus Renee. Otherwise, it wasn’t what I expected at all, but I still thought it was great. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I wonder how long it took Philip and Elizabeth to get to Russia.  Can they tell Arkady about the KGB plot?

Arkady already knows, but yeah, I wonder if they will speak openly.  If not, several soviets will want Elizabeth's head.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

I loved it. It’s just too bad we had to struggle through the dreck of last season to get this.  They could have advanced everything so much more but it was wasted.

1000000%!!!!!!

• Love 3

Well, also, the implication is P and E live happily ever after in Russia.  But aren’t they in the same danger as Arkady?  Why not just flee to ... well, anywhere else on earth?

• Love 18

So, I guess they cut out that scene from the trailer that shows Renee's car parked on the street with a police car blocking it.  I bet they just decided to not confirm it with an arrest.  Stan's been though enough, I guess. 

• Love 6
Just now, GCcyclones said:

Loved the garage scene with Stan, Philip, Elizabeth, and Paige.

Wanted an epilogue to see what happens to Paige.

The garage scene was the best of the entire episode.

I wanted some Stan resolution . . . does he just live with knowing he betrayed his country? Does he just not give a fuck anymore? Does he live in turmoil the rest of his life? WTH STAN???

• Love 19

Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that.  I'm going to have to chew on that for a bit.

After the confrontation in the parking garage, I started to think that Stan might be the one to die.  Might kill himself because of regret.  Then ... nothing.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, RedHawk said:

“It feels strange.”

”You’ll get used to it.”

That’s what they said to each other when we saw a flashback of them in the cheap motel room on their first night in the USA, wasn’t it?

hmmmm...... good thought!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GCcyclones said:

At first pass, I’m ok with it.

ITA.  Although I imagine there's not much they can charge Paige with.  Not even "harboring a pair of spies".

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Will Paige have a normal life? Can she have a relationship with Henry? 

Yes, if she gets incredibly lucky, and A. Stan never gets caught or talks and B. The FBI never finds any of the cars Paige was in, on operations, or Claudia's apartment, and Paige never left any hair or fingerprints in them. Why not? The show went Full Stupid at the end.

• Love 14
(edited)

It was an OK, but not a great finale.

I really thought Philip and Elizabeth were going to die, so I am glad that didn't happen.

The scene in the garage where Stan confronts them was one of the best scenes in the series.

Disappointing that we got nothing about Renee.

Paige continues to be stupid. It's nice when shows are consistent. She can't possibly have any sort of life here on her own.

Edited by WritinMan
Typo!
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I guess they cut out that scene from the trailer that shows Renee's car parked on the street with a police car blocking it.  I bet they just decided to not confirm it with an arrest.  Stan's been though enough, I guess. 

I wondered about that -- maybe it was a scene from another episode -- it was in the season trailer. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, jjj said:

Oleg, no, left in a cell..... He deserved better.

I simply cannot believe, "after all this time," Stan, that you let them go.

That's the most ridiculous part of this entire thing for me.  Why is Stan made to look like a complete and utter fool and end of betraying his country for two people who get off totally scot-free for all the horrific things they did in the name of theirs?   Awful.  If they were really worth it, they would have never left him to do it.  He obviously wasn't worth it to them.  They sure weren't willing to sacrifice shit for him, but he becomes a turncoat.  All for some true love conquers all bullshit.  

• Love 18

Ugh Paige You Ignorant Twat.

You know you're burned, so go back to the same town, to the safehouse...to do what? Burn the only other comrade you know? Drink vodka and wait to be taken to jail for the cause? Arrrgh

• Love 18
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

Logically, Oleg should be fine.  After the coup against Gorbachev is aborted, the loyalists in the government (including his father) would negotiate to get him out.

Thanks for this!  I’m going to tell myself that’s his real ending!

Overall, I think it was a fitting bittersweet end.  Philip and Liz have each other ... but they had to leave their kids  :(

The only problem for me was Paige’s ending   — really, what is she gonna do now??  

• Love 21
1 minute ago, jjj said:

I wondered about that -- maybe it was a scene from another episode -- it was in the season trailer. 

With a car like Renee's?  And how they paid such attention to her vehicle?  hmmm...

What Stan will do is to let her get her job at FBI and then leave a trap for her.  Something she might think is secret info....see if she bites. 

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, GCcyclones said:

At first pass, I’m ok with it.

A nice epilogue would've been totally awesome!!  I think we deserve it especially after the waste of the second to last season and having to cram the ending.  

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 23
6 minutes ago, Marianna said:

If the implication is that Paige gets away with it and gets to stay in America, then that is the worst part for me. Plus Renee. Otherwise, it wasn’t what I expected at all, but I still thought it was great. 

But why shouldn't she get to get away with everything?  Her murderous parents, who did way more than she ever did, got away with everything they ever did.  Why shouldn't the same be expected of her?  She's no less deserving than them if they can get away and it's a-okay.

• Love 16