Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Delta-V

• Start Topic

Great! The Expanse is picked up - and with no commercials or time limits on episodes now! (Longmire Fan) 

Bad! Will now have to buy new, modern Smart TV that can pick up streaming casts! (Have a perfectly good 56" rear projection TV) (Get Netflix either through my blu-ray player or Verizon - why not all the others??)

3 hours ago, Tyro49 said:

Bad! Will now have to buy new, modern Smart TV that can pick up streaming casts! (Have a perfectly good 56" rear projection TV) (Get Netflix either through my blu-ray player or Verizon - why not all the others??)

It won't work with a Roku or Fire Stick?

This episode felt really strange for me, like it was a season premiere episode.  Months have passed, there's been a significant development, major characters have shifted locations and doing new things.  Important new characters are being introduced.  It's very jarring for a mid-season episode.  

I never liked the narrative device of the reporter interviewing characters.  It makes you feel removed from the characters by a third party.

I really like Drummer's new right hand.  He's a smart guy.

I really don't see the point of Anna as a character in the plot, she feels tacked on.  I always feel like it's a gratuitous cameo by Laura Dern whenever she's on the screen.  Maybe that changes soon.

Great visual effect on space race guy getting liquefied.  Guess that's what happens when you hit the equivalent of a brink wall at a million miles an hour or however fast he was going.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, Dobian said:

This episode felt really strange for me, like it was a season premiere episode.  Months have passed, there's been a significant development, major characters have shifted locations and doing new things.  Important new characters are being introduced.  It's very jarring for a mid-season episode.  

-->  This was probably the end of one of the books.

I never liked the narrative device of the reporter interviewing characters.  It makes you feel removed from the characters by a third party.

-->   Partly a means to get a saboteur aboard the Roci.  I sorta liked how they both made plays for Amos.

I really like Drummer's new right hand.  He's a smart guy.

I really don't see the point of Anna as a character in the plot, she feels tacked on.  I always feel like it's a gratuitous cameo by Laura Dern whenever she's on the screen.  Maybe that changes soon.

-->  Not sure if you were saying so, but that's not Laura Dern.  I didn't care for Anna either, but she's grown on me.  They needed someone back on Earth close to Errinwright and Sorrento-Gillis to act as both their foil and as a conduit for information (the video feed of Errinwright's "confession.")  Lastly, at the end of the season she has become Amos' moral lighthouse.

Great visual effect on space race guy getting liquefied.  Guess that's what happens when you hit the equivalent of a brink wall at a million miles an hour or however fast he was going.

-->  Definitely.

1 hour ago, JZL said:
On 10/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, Dobian said:

-->  Not sure if you were saying so, but that's not Laura Dern.  I didn't care for Anna either, but she's grown on me.  They needed someone back on Earth close to Errinwright and Sorrento-Gillis to act as both their foil and as a conduit for information (the video feed of Errinwright's "confession.")  Lastly, at the end of the season she has become Amos' moral lighthouse.

I know that's not specifically Laura Dern, who's probably about 20 years older.

Just watched this episode again, and even knowing the outcome of the whole season, the last few minutes of this are pulse-pounding. I was genuinely stressed when Holden was begging Miller to help him.

RIP, Maneo.

Forgot how much I'd enjoyed Anna's character in this part of the season. Her sense of wonder makes her character different from everyone else who's just kind of panicked about the prospect of what's on the other side of the Ring.

• Love 2