Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Bloody Noses and Crack'd Crowns

Dee
  • Start Topic

Cookie and Lucious fight to keep Empire in the family, as they prepare a livestream concert to crowdfund the amount needed to trump Eddie's plans. Meanwhile, the success of Jamal's new anonymous group climbs, Hakeem brings Haven to the showcase to make Tiana jealous, and Andre is put to the test and must decide between the family or his career.

(edited)

Eddie remains one step ahead of the Lyons, though I'm not sure that's going to last much longer.

I liked how Jamal and Anonymous (they gotta get a new name, right?) came through for Cookie and Lucious in the end.

I'm really disappointed in how stupid they made Andre in this episode. Of course Eddie didn't fall for Andre's story about switching sides. And of course Eddie left those documents for him to find. That said, Kelly and Eddie were also stupid because they eventually did tell Andre the real buyout number Cookie and Lucious needed to exceed. I dunno - way too much plot-driven stupidity flowing around in this ep.

I'm slow on the uptake because I did not know that Chet Hanks (Blake) is Tom Hanks' kid. Didn't realize it till I Googled him during the episode.

Hakeem got dumped by his rebound, and I actually felt bad for his immature ass - though I did chuckle when Haven said "Gettin' all the 'Gram love".

I continue to covet all of Becky's wardrobe this season.

Next week looks bonkers.

Spoiler

I just knew Tiana would be pregnant from that hookup with Hakeem.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

Can Eddie just die already and take Anika with him? I’m tired of this story line. Eddie is such a snake in the grass. I just want to slap Anika across her smug face.  

Tiana can have several seats. She dissed Hakeem then shows up at the Live stream event. Becky was brilliant with that shade.  

That scarf only proves that Lucious was at the scene of he crime, not that he killed Shine. I hope he calls Eddie’s bluff. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jeopardy15 said:

Tiana can have several seats. She dissed Hakeem then shows up at the Live stream event. Becky was brilliant with that shade.  

I love Tiana, but when Becky said "You wanna pick your face up off the floor?" I died.

• Love 10

Lucious, Lucious…..a real boss always has the killer whacked!!  I knew as soon as Shyne was shot that this would come back and bite him in the ass.  Lucious should have waited a week or two then have someone whack the dude that killed Shyne.

Forest Whitaker is kicking ass as Eddie.  I actually got jealous when he was kissing Nicole Ari Parker, Winky had me turned on!

Becky was stylin’ and profilin’ with the dresses!  Wardrobe is hooking Gabby up so well.

Spoiler

Christ, how convenient that Tiana is knocked up by Hakeem….gotdamn, is this heiffa ever going to go away?!

• Love 1
(edited)

"You wanna pick your face up off the floor?" Oh, Becky with the burn! Normally I like Tiana, but she has been working my last nerve, hanging all over obvious snake in the grass Eddie. 

I figured that Blake was telling the truth last week, and I figured that maybe Empire could play this as a "son of racist tells racist to suck it" story, and that Hakeem would forgive him. As soon as he was on that show yelling at his dad, you could tell Hakeem was feeling him. Hakeem knows daddy issues. 

Jamals band sounds really good, and it was sweet when Tory came back. I really do like their friendship a lot, even if I still worry that Tory's ongoing drug issues could lead to trouble. At least, unlike a lot of relationships on this show, they actually seem to really like and care about each other, and its not based around manipulation or some convoluted plot. 

Of course Cookie and Lucious pull out a big inspirational speech to save the day. If Empire was real, I would go to as many Empire events as humanly possible. Theres always a show, be it actual music or some kind of Lyon drama fest. 

Why wont Anika just go away?! She`s turning into the Malcolm Merlyn of the hip hop scene! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

"You wanna pick your face up off the floor?" Oh, Becky with the burn! Normally I like Tiana, but she has been working my last nerve, hanging all over obvious snake in the grass Eddie. 

I figured that Blake was telling the truth last week, and I figured that maybe Empire could play this as a "son of racist tells racist to suck it" story, and that Hakeem would forgive him. As soon as he was on that show yelling at his dad, you could tell Hakeem was feeling him. Hakeem knows daddy issues. 

Jamals band sounds really good, and it was sweet when Tory came back. I really do like their friendship a lot, even if I still worry that Tory's ongoing drug issues could lead to trouble. At least, unlike a lot of relationships on this show, they actually seem to really like and care about each other, and its not based around manipulation or some convoluted plot. 

Of course Cookie and Lucious pull out a big inspirational speech to save the day. If Empire was real, I would go to as many Empire events as humanly possible. Theres always a show, be it actual music or some kind of Lyon drama fest. 

Why wont Anika just go away?! She`s turning into the Malcolm Merlyn of the hip sop scene! 

This last statement!!!! Go away Anika! Ugh!!!

• Love 3

I thought their inspiritational speech was disappointing and somewhat non-credible.

I do like that Eddie wasn't taken in by Dre, because that would have stretched credibility pretty far.

I also liked Haven's return to her boyfriend.  Hakeem needs to hear some home truths from quite a number of women.

Wow - I am full of snark tonight == I wasn't all that happy with Cookie and Lucious gloating away like that in front of Eddie.  I think they should be waaay smarter than that by this point.

So here I go again - not really happy with Anonymous outing themselves like that either -  WAY too early to cave to fame and fortune for whatever reason.  Ricidulous to have a supposedly revolutionary idea that lasts one song.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

Why wont Anika just go away?! She`s turning into the Malcolm Merlyn of the hip hop scene! 

So...they just gonna forget the video showing Annika with Bella when she was supposedly kidnapped? Hakeem warned her to stop coming after the family or else they would send her to prison and there is no mention of that at all when she shows up at the door again? Ok...

• Love 4

I was pretty bored watching this one to be honest.

Not surprised that Eddie gained the upper hand at the end of the episode. Lucious and Cookie should've seen Shyne's death coming back to haunt them.

Andre had some okay moments in this one and it was amusing enough seeing Tiana jealous of Hakeem and his girlfriend.

Jamal's Collective storyline has been a waste of screen time, despite some good music from them, 6/10