Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Chapter Thirty-Five: Brave New World

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/16/2018 at 8:45 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Scene like he said something like it’s not meaning Jughead didn’t mean he was just going to let her in because she’s his girlfriend but yet.. let’s be real Cheryl is just being let in because of Toni? I mean.. really? 

I think Cheryl is in because she saved the life of two Serpents by showing up with her archery equipment and hunting cape when she did, which seems fair to me.

I wouldn't say I'm super invested in what happens to Archie since obviously he'll get off eventually. But he actually does seem pretty screwed. He is known to be the head of a vigilante justice group. He put out (at Hiram's urging) a video with his face uncovered threatening the Black Hood. There is a report on record with the Sheriff of him threatening someone with a gun. Nick St. Clair will likely gladly testify at Hiram's urging (it hurts Veronica and Archie who he has more of a feud with than Hiram) that Archie beat him senseless while he was completely defenseless. I don't think anyone would have trouble believing the violent kid who has been threatening more violence for months might be violent.

Also, he witnessed the murder he is accused of committing and didn't report it. The person who did do it is dead. If I were on the jury (without witnessing the death) I'd convict.

I'd say this is the only well thought out plot-line. Hiram's been painting him as a violent vigilante for months. Or making him paint himself that way. Well thought out but still dull.

I'm disappointed that Sierra McCoy is now just a lawyer for teenage clients. And her "representing" Veronica and getting back funds that were acquired completely illegally was absurd. Like what were they going to do? Go to court and say "I earned this money through kidnapping and ransom without paying any income taxes and daddy STOLE IT." ???

But I like seeing her any way I can get her. And I'm sure she'll represent Archie.

I liked Betty confronting Hal but I really hope we don't get a ton of dark Betty worrying she's a serial killer next season or any other season. Serial killer tendencies are not genetic. Very few children of serial killers have grown up to be serial killers, themselves.

I like the idea of Hal not noticing that Betty's "darkness" is really being exactly like her mother (need to be perfect mixed with occasional poor impulse control and need to lash out.) But it was Polly, whom he dismissed as a sinner, that actually is more like him. But I like the idea of them dropping it and not acting like some undetermined "darkness" is genetic even more.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m not sure why Veronica wants Pops instead of the Wyrm, other than because that’s where SHE hangs out. But yeah the south siders, even the teens liked the Wyrm,

This made NO SENSE. It's really the only thing that was just completely illogical in the finale. It was clear that the Wyrm was the only thing in Hiram's way for complete domination of the Southside. Owning that was important in stopping him. Pop's was an impulse buy of his and not part of the Southside development plans. Trading it for Pop's was handing him everything he wanted.

And I'm sure the Wyrm is worth more than Pop's so it didn't even make fiscal sense.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, queenanne said:

(Watching Betty sit up on Jughead in bed like that...eek.)

This stuff doesn't usually bother me on teen shows like this. Because usually teens look and act like they are in their late 20s. But I think it's because both Betty and Jughead genuinely seem so young that sex stuff with them can seem really icky to me too. I know the actors are in their 20s but they just come off like genuine teenagers. I like them as a couple. I wouldn't say I ship anyone but they are cute and I like that they genuinely like each other and share interests, which is rare on soapy shows. But they both seem like kids to me.

Edited by CherithCutestory
(edited)

Eh.. Betty should be a serpent because she is a daughter of one and also she did that awful terrible dance that apparently they writers just threw in to be uncomfortable and for no real reason I guess. And Cheryl got a special special red jacket which is.. whatever. 

Also I hate the way this season ended.. months later. It was a bad cliffhanger, I don’t really think how they plan on keeping Archie in jail or on trial is going to be interesting. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl