Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
bigskygirl

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If she was cut during her rookie year for weight, then she wouldn't have received a ring, right?  And if she came back in 88 and 89, she would be a returning vet so wouldn't get a rookie ring?  I'm guessing.

Could be. Too bad though if that's the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kelli always puts the dancers on blast for wearing push up bras. What bra do they actually advise? If they don't have a suggestion, do the dancers have a short list of favorites? It has to fit under the triangles of the shirt. The band can't fall beneath the bust at all because of the shirt. It would be best if it came in the same shade of blue. It has to have a tiny center that lets the knot fall in the right place. It needs to be supportive but should still make you feel like you look pretty (I mean, to put it mildly, right!?) So, if we don't know what the preference is, what would you wear?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NikkiDCC said:

Kelli always puts the dancers on blast for wearing push up bras. What bra do they actually advise? If they don't have a suggestion, do the dancers have a short list of favorites? It has to fit under the triangles of the shirt. The band can't fall beneath the bust at all because of the shirt. It would be best if it came in the same shade of blue. It has to have a tiny center that lets the knot fall in the right place. It needs to be supportive but should still make you feel like you look pretty (I mean, to put it mildly, right!?) So, if we don't know what the preference is, what would you wear?

I think they all have a standard one they are supposed to wear - and my memory could be deceiving me, but I thought it was the Victoria's Secret Bombshell.  I think Kelli just doesn't want them adding anything extra on top of that, which is understandable - but to be fair, I don't see how you could possibly stuff anything more into a Bombshell bra (absolutely no idea how Britney Schram pulled it off, if that is indeed what she was wearing at the time).  Those bras are stacked.  The one time I tried one on, I looked like a cartoon character (and sadly, not in a good way).

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I could have sworn "cookie dough" Taylor got scolded for wearing the Bombshell bra at uniform fittings.  I thought I remembered Kelli being like "Who told you to wear that?"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, raindancer said:

I think they all have a standard one they are supposed to wear - and my memory could be deceiving me, but I thought it was the Victoria's Secret Bombshell.  I think Kelli just doesn't want them adding anything extra on top of that, which is understandable - but to be fair, I don't see how you could possibly stuff anything more into a Bombshell bra (absolutely no idea how Britney Schram pulled it off, if that is indeed what she was wearing at the time).  Those bras are stacked.  The one time I tried one on, I looked like a cartoon character (and sadly, not in a good way).

I tried that bra on ONCE!  I could have served drinks off of a tray balanced on my chest it pushed them so far up and out 😉

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/12/2019 at 12:38 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Considering that squad had 11 vets (including Tina) and 24 rookies, they were probably glad to have Tina come back.  

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_1988_-_89

IMO Tina looks like Eileen Brennan in that picture .

If you click on Kelli's name you get a page about her. They screwed  up the years she was a DCC ( in 1st sentence) but got it right by her pictures. Those were the years Judy was a DCC. 

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Kelli_McGonagill

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/1/2018 at 8:28 PM, ShellyB said:

Cross the tails, pull the one on top under and thru the center of the bra, pull the tails North & South, take the top tail and cross it under the bottom tail and thru the loop, pull it tight. You can’t just cross, make a loop and pull, it needs to be smooth on top. 

@RedDelicious

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, MrsEVH said:

They wore go-go boots until '89 or '90 then they changed the style of boots.

The style that replaced them (before cowboy boots).

fb97362225c4fd3fa1f0ea885581f574--sexy-c

Get it, Kelli! I’m pretty sure I had almost the same boots, only in cream, in high school a few years before this. #HighFashion 😂

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, MrsEVH said:

IMO Tina looks like Eileen Brennan in that picture .

If you click on Kelli's name you get a page about her. They screwed  up the years she was a DCC ( in 1st sentence) but got it right by her pictures. Those were the years Judy was a DCC. 

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Kelli_McGonagill

 Before I clicked, I thought there was no way, but....Yup, Private Benjamin era Eileen Brennan! 😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

Get it, Kelli! I’m pretty sure I had almost the same boots, only in cream, in high school a few years before this. #HighFashion 😂

I had a very similar pair as well in the cream. 🙂 Gotta love the late 80s/early 90s fashion!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/19/2019 at 4:32 AM, ByTor said:

I could have sworn "cookie dough" Taylor got scolded for wearing the Bombshell bra at uniform fittings.  I thought I remembered Kelli being like "Who told you to wear that?"

I am watching the old seasons on Pluto and it is the Bombshell by Victoria's Secret.  In one uniform fitting episode she asked the lady during the measurements "where are the bombshells" and then picked on up. There was a stack of them, all the same blue as the uniform.  Kelly went on to say something like "bombshell is right, this could survive a mortar" or something similar, in regards to the amount of padding.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, angelusgirl said:

I am watching the old seasons on Pluto and it is the Bombshell by Victoria's Secret.  In one uniform fitting episode she asked the lady during the measurements "where are the bombshells" and then picked on up. There was a stack of them, all the same blue as the uniform.  Kelly went on to say something like "bombshell is right, this could survive a mortar" or something similar, in regards to the amount of padding.

It makes sense because it is the standard recommendation for pro cheer auditions. That's hilarious if dancers are trying to add even more padding. If that's all she's putting the dancers on blast for, then fair enough, but she's always asking "Are you wearing a push up?" Maybe it's a joke to maintain the illusion. The dancers are good actresses though. I really am convinced they are awkwardly trying to play it off like it's not as embarrassing as it clearly is. Thank you to all who responded. I really appreciate it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, NikkiDCC said:

It makes sense because it is the standard recommendation for pro cheer auditions. That's hilarious if dancers are trying to add even more padding.

I do not understand how you could conceivably get any more padding into a Bombshell bra.  Those bras are stacked.  For that matter, I don't get how you could possibly comfortably dance in them, either.....it would be like playing high-stakes paddleball with your cleavage.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I do not understand how you could conceivably get any more padding into a Bombshell bra.  Those bras are stacked.  For that matter, I don't get how you could possibly comfortably dance in them, either.....it would be like playing high-stakes paddleball with your cleavage.

Probably why the padding in Taylor's bra popped out while she was dancing:)

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone know what sneakers the DCC currently wear for practice (I think they’re Nike?)? I’m looking for sneakers that are good for turns (soles not too grippy, etc). 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, TXElle said:

Anyone know what sneakers the DCC currently wear for practice (I think they’re Nike?)? I’m looking for sneakers that are good for turns (soles not too grippy, etc). 

Nfinity from Nike. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, MrsEVH said:

IMO Tina looks like Eileen Brennan in that picture .

If you click on Kelli's name you get a page about her. They screwed  up the years she was a DCC ( in 1st sentence) but got it right by her pictures. Those were the years Judy was a DCC. 

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Kelli_McGonagill

On that page, one of the rookies is "Candy Trammell". I wonder if she's related to Judy's husband? 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MelissaMinion said:

On that page, one of the rookies is "Candy Trammell". I wonder if she's related to Judy's husband? 

I've wondered that as well 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if all of the "older" women who've tried out since the inception of the show have all conveniently been bad dancers, or if they've edited shots to give that impression. There have certainly been some who look great, but it would seem that about 32 is the unspoken age cap, despite them always saying there is none when the question comes up. A 39-year-old lady at season 2 prelims had abs harder than Lauren Parker's.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I've wondered that as well 🙂

I asked Judy via twitter back in 2013.  Her response:

 "No she cheered one season and was from Arkansas. No relation."

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I asked Judy via twitter back in 2013.  Her response:

 "No she cheered one season and was from Arkansas. No relation."

Thank you 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if vets cut after their third year can still be considered for being an All Star if they are still uniform ready. Ex: Jasmine was a 3 year vet when she was cut going on her 4th year and still looked uniform ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wonder if vets cut after their third year can still be considered for being an All Star if they are still uniform ready. Ex: Jasmine was a 3 year vet when she was cut going on her 4th year and still looked uniform ready. 

My thoughts...is once cut...there goes an all star chance. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

What does this mean? The front 3 spots?

I think it refers to that yes...Point and the two side flanking spots.  The 4th position directly behind point fills out the "diamond". (at least I think I'm correct on that)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Watching episode 904 where Courtney talks about quitting her job (pharmaceutical sales) for DCC and Kelli says they have people that can get them jobs.  Wonder if this is offered to people that won't ever make the team no matter what they do either dancewise or appearancewise?

Megan (the girl with the "thutt") shouldn't have ever been brought to TC if they were just going to cut her for the "thutt".

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan · Reason: Added something and I can't spell today
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching episode 904 where Courtney talks about quitting her job (pharmaceutical sales) for DCC and Kelli says they have people that can get them jobs.  Wonder if this is offered to people that won't ever make the team no matter what they do either dancewise or appearancewise?

Megan (the girl with the "thutt") shouldn't have ever been brought to TC if they were just going to cut her for the "thutt".

I liked Courtney, I felt bad that she had to quit her job to keep up with training camp demands. I also wanted to give her a hug when she was upset that Kitty's comment hurt her feelings. She seemed to be really sweet and tender hearted. 

Megan in one of her interviews before going in the office seemed like she'd push you in front of a bus to make the team. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

What does this mean? The front 3 spots?

I think it refers to that yes...Point and the two side flanking spots.

Yes, @Teriyaki Terror, this is what I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching episode 904 where Courtney talks about quitting her job (pharmaceutical sales) for DCC and Kelli says they have people that can get them jobs.  Wonder if this is offered to people that won't ever make the team no matter what they do either dancewise or appearancewise? 

Courtney and Danielle are the only 2 I can recall Kelli offering to help them find jobs.  When Kyndall was let go by her employer and  Kelli didn't offer her anything. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I remember reading a request in an old DCC newsletter asking alumni for possible jobs for the girls cause who else would know better the schedule and time commitment.  

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Courtney and Danielle are the only 2 I can recall Kelli offering to help them find jobs.  When Kyndall was let go by her employer and  Kelli didn't offer her anything. 

Yeah I'm thinking that Kelli will offer help if the TCC is a "favorite" or if she's for sure going to make the squad. Don't think that Kyndall was in that category.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Yeah I'm thinking that Kelli will offer help if the TCC is a "favorite" or if she's for sure going to make the squad. Don't think that Kyndall was in that category.

If it's true that Kyndall turned down a chance to work with Melissa R, perhaps Kelli felt that she was taking a spot for granted.  Didn't want to waste a possible job offer on someone who was offered a chance to improve their skills and said no????

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If it's true that Kyndall turned down a chance to work with Melissa R, perhaps Kelli felt that she was taking a spot for granted. 

Yeah you don't turn down opportunities to work with veterans, appearances or anything if you want to get/keep a spot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Remember when Shelbi quit her job?  Kelli didn't seem to care probably because she knew she wouldn't make the team. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Remember when Shelbi quit her job?  Kelli didn't seem to care probably because she knew she wouldn't make the team. 

If I remember correctly, Shelby seemed to expect that, when she told Kelli that she quit, Kelli would then offer to "help" her get another one and seemed shocked that Kelli didn't say a word about doing so.  I think I remember Shelby almost eyeing Kelli hopefully, almost expectantly waiting to hear that Kelli would help her get a job.  From what I saw on the show (and in her social media), Shelby seemed to expect a spot on the squad she was pretty.  Am I wrong in thinking she was bitter af about being cut? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Am I wrong in thinking she was bitter af about being cut? 

No!!!  From what I remember, her boyfriend did some post on social media completely trashing Kelli and the organization.  

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Remember when Shelbi quit her job?  Kelli didn't seem to care probably because she knew she wouldn't make the team. 

Both Shelbi and Kyndall cracked me up.  With Courtney it was "Oh, we'll help you" but with Shelbi and Kyndall she was like "Oh yeah?  Sucks to be you" 😂

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I'm dating myself - and I can't stand Kelly Ripa. LOL but she used to be on a show called "Dance Party USA" or something in the late 80's? 

Yes. But it wasn’t professional dancing. It just looked like teens at a party. 

Share this post


Link to post

I am quite certain that 90% of the posters on here are current or former DCCs or TCCs...using this as an outlet to spill the tea on people they don't like.

It's no mystery the K&J have favorites. If you're not a favorite you don't get help finding a job, you get cut for weight and you never make it further up the triangle other than the 3rd row.

I like how Kelli refers to being a DCC as a job but the Cowboys don't pay them like it's a job. It's a mystery to me why she is still pretending that they are not worth at least 40K a year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I am quite certain that 90% of the posters on here are current or former DCCs or TCCs...using this as an outlet to spill the tea on people they don't like.

 

90%?  That may be stretching it in my opinion but I do believe some are here.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

In your dreams would I have ever been a DCC.  Sorry played high school marching band, then college, & then professional life!  I doubt that more than 10% are from DCC with the rest of us just enjoying the ride.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

90%?  That may be stretching it in my opinion but I do believe some are here.

 

That's who I think the "insiders" are. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

In your dreams would I have ever been a DCC.  Sorry played high school marching band, then college, & then professional life!  I doubt that more than 10% are from DCC with the rest of us just enjoying the ride.

Hmmmm sounds like Kelli's career path.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

In your dreams would I have ever been a DCC.  Sorry played high school marching band, then college, & then professional life!  I doubt that more than 10% are from DCC with the rest of us just enjoying the ride.

I can barely dance my way out of a paper bag!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, ByTor said:

No!!!  From what I remember, her boyfriend did some post on social media completely trashing Kelli and the organization.  

Both Shelbi and Kyndall cracked me up.  With Courtney it was "Oh, we'll help you" but with Shelbi and Kyndall she was like "Oh yeah?  Sucks to be you" 😂

And while she should’ve told Malena not to quit her job, she just kind of led her on. No firm commitments either way. She should’ve cut her week two. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

And while she should’ve told Malena not to quit her job, she just kind of led her on. No firm commitments either way. She should’ve cut her week two. 

I so agree with this. It’s so frustrating (to me) that these girls are led to believe that you have to live and breath and die DCC just for a tiny chance to dance for a team for a tiny fraction of your life. I know they are young and (some of them) don’t really think about their futures....but a job at university doing sports recruiting can led to so much more career-wise. Particularly if the girl, much like Malena, is a weaker dancer. I know KelFine really liked how poised and well spoken she was but it was so very obvious she wasn’t making the final team. I’m always uncomfortable with Malena storyline.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size