Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

On 9/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, ShellyB said:

We do not have someone on staff that does that kind of training full time, but the TCCs have Cowboys Fit at their disposal to seek nutritional advice. 

As for RCL, they have a protocol for maintaining weight. I glanced over her contract and they are expected to work out in the gym or yoga and hour a day, 5 days a week. Their meals are all nutritionally balanced to maintain their energy throughout their shows. I don’t remember er Jacie telling me anything specific about nutrition and staying fit, but she did tell me that they have a specific place that they are required to go to recoop their muscles, get massages and get treated for any injuries.

But, is the focus of DCC really on health and fitness or how they look in their uniform?  That's something that I still can't believe this group gets away with.  I'd think they would have been targeted by now and come under some scrutiny.  Their standards may be a little too much from the 1990's.  

• Love 1
On 9/30/2018 at 10:43 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

But, is the focus of DCC really on health and fitness or how they look in their uniform?  That's something that I still can't believe this group gets away with.  I'd think they would have been targeted by now and come under some scrutiny.  Their standards may be a little too much from the 1990's.  

All 3...if they aren’t healthy, fit and conditioned, it’s almost impossible to maintain the stamina for a game. The bonus to staying healthy and fit is being uniform ready. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have found their persnickety uniform inspection and criticism rather offensive.  I hope it's nixed. 

I am not trying to be rude, but here is what's happening....These ladies know exactly what they are getting into when they have their first official meeting with Kelli. That book they are given explicitly tells them what the rules and expectations are during their time as a training camp candidate and cheerleader. The uniform inspection and criticism is expected and the girls know there is a chance it could be filmed and aired during an episode. If they were going into this blind, I get your point....but the show has been on CMT since 2005, so......

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6

@ShellyB can you tell how the jump split was added into the pregame routine? thanks and hope Dayton has an amazing time on her travels too. 

Edited by viccib
spelling
17 hours ago, viccib said:

@ShellyB can you tell how the jump split was added into the pregame routine? thanks and hope Dayton has an amazing time on her travels too. 

I’m not sure why...it’s been a part of the kickline since my rookie season. I would guess that Kilgore, Tyler Ju Co, and other schools with famous kickline Shad some influence. The first two schools often perform halftimes a Cowboys games. Tyler even had a Super Bowl VI appearance - Dallas vs. Miami. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I’m not sure why...it’s been a part of the kickline since my rookie season. I would guess that Kilgore, Tyler Ju Co, and other schools with famous kickline Shad some influence. The first two schools often perform halftimes a Cowboys games. Tyler even had a Super Bowl VI appearance - Dallas vs. Miami. 

Thanks @ShellyB

• Love 1

Hi @ShellyB a couple of things I've been wondering...

Do the judges ever use (or have they ever thought of using) a numerical scoring system during auditions, to make it easier to tabulate scores and rank the candidates? (As opposed to counting yes/no/maybe). Has the scoring method changed at all during the course of the show?

Is there much movement in the rankings between the beginning and end of training camp? In other words are the girls with the top scores after finals usually the ones chosen for the team? Or is it fairly common for the girls who rank lower (i.e. #40-#45) to move up and be chosen for the team?

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Do the judges ever use (or have they ever thought of using) a numerical scoring system during auditions, to make it easier to tabulate scores and rank the candidates? (As opposed to counting yes/no/maybe). Has the scoring method changed at all during the course of the show?

Sacrilege! You dare suggest a change to Kelli's coveted "yes, no, maybe" system? Let me step away from you so I don't accidentally get hit by those daggers coming out of Kelli's eyes aimed at you.?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Is there much movement in the rankings between the beginning and end of training camp? In other words are the girls with the top scores after finals usually the ones chosen for the team? Or is it fairly common for the girls who rank lower (i.e. #40-#45) to move up and be chosen for the team?

Y/N/M is in all rounds but, there are points attached to these in semis & finals, along with their test scores and interviews. They are all tabulated, and there usually is a natural break in the scores to determine the numbers moving on. However, the judges still discuss candidates and choose TCC. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Y/N/M is in all round but, there are points attached to these in semis & finals, along with their test scoresheet and interviews. They are all tabulated and there usually is a natural break in the scores to determine the numbers moving on. However, the judges still discuss candidates and choose TCC. 

I had no idea about that. That makes a lot of sense, thanks.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have found their persnickety uniform inspection and criticism rather offensive.  I hope it's nixed. 

Well, it obviously didn't apply to you-know-who. (imagine emoji with tongue sticking out here) All Kelli commented on were here legs and her hair, nothing that was in the area of the uniform. (thumbs down here)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Well, it obviously didn't apply to you-know-who. (imagine emoji with tongue sticking out here) All Kelli commented on were here legs and her hair, nothing that was in the area of the uniform. (thumbs down here)

I seem to remember that both Kelli and Judy had mentioned that Victoria had a soft middle, but had great hair and legs during cameos when she was heavier than at uniform fittings.

Edited by EricaShadows
2 hours ago, stargrrl said:

@ShellyB do the DCC have a partnership with Kendra Scott? I see her jewelry on the show a lot, especially on K&J. Really pretty stuff!

I don’t think it’s a partnership, like in the official sponsor way, but there are often pop up shops at the Star and certain perks for Dallas Cowboys employees. 

• Love 7

@SHELLYB - Hello - longtime lurker here - I decided to poke my head in to ask this question - HOW on earth is that knot tied on the front of the girls' blouses? What type is it?  I took the time to make a DCC outfit for Halloween a few years ago and no matter how hard I try to mimic that knot I just can't tie it like they do!  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GreyCheerGirl said:

@SHELLYB - Hello - longtime lurker here - I decided to poke my head in to ask this question - HOW on earth is that knot tied on the front of the girls' blouses? What type is it?  I took the time to make a DCC outfit for Halloween a few years ago and no matter how hard I try to mimic that knot I just can't tie it like they do!  

Cross the tails, pull the one on top under and thru the center of the bra, pull the tails North & South, take the top tail and cross it under the bottom tail and thru the loop, pull it tight. You can’t just cross, make a loop and pull, it needs to be smooth on top. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Cross the tails, pull the one on top under and thru the center of the bra, pull the tails North & South, take the top tail and cross it under the bottom tail and thru the loop, pull it tight. You can’t just cross, make a loop and pull, it needs to be smooth on top. 

Thank you so much Shelly!  Tell Dayton that my husband and I wish her luck in her endeavors - we were rooting for her to make the squad but it seems like she is on to much bigger and better things in life.  You're a wonderful mom :) 

• Love 6
On 8/26/2016 at 11:05 AM, ShellyB said:

Occasionally we will take class with the girls when we have master teachers come in during off season. I dance with them when I teach choreo. 

I would give a whole lot to see you, Kelli, and Judi in a dance class! I bet it would be one of the most fun episodes ever, and I bet y’all still remember all the moves!

• Love 5
On 6/14/2017 at 10:28 PM, AnnMichele said:

You're thinking of the Good Morning America segment that was aired on a previous season of MTT. Ali Wentworth danced with the cheerleaders on Oprah (when Oprah went to the Texas state fair and was introduced to fried butter), but Ali is nowhere near plus size. 

I came across this from a while back.  WHOA.  I am shocked they ever allowed someone who can't perform the dances bounce around in the real uniform like that.  Now don't get me wrong, Ali Wentworth is adorable and looks great, but holy smokes, Judy could barely contain herself, and I can't say I blame her.  By "like that" I mean, so obviously out of sync and not even really trying to get the moves right.  Kind of like the time Michaele Salahi went out with the Redskins alumnae and had no idea what she was doing because....she was never a Redskins cheerleader in the first place.  What in the heck!  I can't imagine Kelli and Judy were on-board with this.  If I were a cheerleader, I would have been pretty annoyed with the whole thing.  To me it wasn't funny.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I came across this from a while back.  WHOA.  I am shocked they ever allowed someone who can't perform the dances bounce around in the real uniform like that.  Now don't get me wrong, Ali Wentworth is adorable and looks great, but holy smokes, Judy could barely contain herself, and I can't say I blame her.  By "like that" I mean, so obviously out of sync and not even really trying to get the moves right.  Kind of like the time Michaele Salahi went out with the Redskins alumnae and had no idea what she was doing because....she was never a Redskins cheerleader in the first place.  What in the heck!  I can't imagine Kelli and Judy were on-board with this.  If I were a cheerleader, I would have been pretty annoyed with the whole thing.  To me it wasn't funny.

It was Oprah, it was publicity, it featured the Texas State Fair - how could they say no?  Charlotte would have throttled them:)

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Did you see when Kelly Ripa danced with the Knicks City Dancers on Regis & Kelly? She did pretty good even though she missed a few steps. She looked great In their uniform.

On Inside Edition (2016) there was a reporter who was a former LA Rams cheerleader from the 80s or 90s. She still fit into her old uniform and did a few moves with the girls at one of their practices. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1

I don't know...I'm not sure I can be convinced 🤭  Oprah and fried butter or no!  The only conclusion I can come to is it was a different time and a different era for the DCC.  I don't think they'd participate today with all of the other drama that has gone on in the last few years.  Ali rocked that uniform though.

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't know...I'm not sure I can be convinced 🤭  Oprah and fried butter or no!  The only conclusion I can come to is it was a different time and a different era for the DCC.  I don't think they'd participate today with all of the other drama that has gone on in the last few years.  Ali rocked that uniform though.

It would have to be something respectful of the organization, positive, etc.  But maybe for a deep fried Twinkie or Oreo.  A girl needs to have high standards 😂

5 hours ago, lizbette said:

do they always have a DCC Making the Swimsuit special for every year that airs on TV? which channel does it air on? I saw specials for 2006 and 2007 on youtube, and some clips for 2014.

Not to my knowledge. They usually devote part of or an entire episode to the swimsuit shoot within the DCC Making the Team season.

Okay - I need someone to explain to me what is probably a very simple concept.  How the holy heck do these girls do all this dancing and sweating with their long hair down and in their faces?  I can't stand to have hair in my face to sit at a desk job.  

Also, how do they whip around their hair and it not stay stuck in their face?  If I tried that, I would stay looking like Cousin It. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Also, how do they whip around their hair and it not stay stuck in their face?  If I tried that, I would stay looking like Cousin It. 

Two seasons ago, K&J called NE Patriots Alexandria into the office because of her hair getting into her face during a routine, Kelli even snarked to Judy that Alexandria thinks it's cute but it's not.  I do not think she thought it was cute, and I do not think she did it on purpose, I think her sweaty hair got stuck on her sweaty face!

• Love 6

Did you see when Kelly Ripa danced with the Knicks City Dancers on Regis & Kelly? She did pretty good even though she missed a few steps. She looked great In their uniform.

I'm dating myself - and I can't stand Kelly Ripa. LOL but she used to be on a show called "Dance Party USA" or something in the late 80's? 

On 9/17/2019 at 2:08 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I'm dating myself - and I can't stand Kelly Ripa. LOL but she used to be on a show called "Dance Party USA" or something in the late 80's? 

There's videos on youtube  of it.

• LOL 1
On 9/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Do the TCC have to give back their rehearsal uniforms? When they are cut it looks like they are hanging it up to leave behind. 

What would they do with all of those used uniforms? 

Not sure about the TCCs. I read here awhile ago the finalists get the keep the navy blue outfits used in the dances & kickline at finals. Karissa  Lynnae wore the blue one when she auditioned for the Spurs Silver Dancers (after getting cut in TC).

On 9/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Do the TCC have to give back their rehearsal uniforms? When they are cut it looks like they are hanging it up to leave behind. 

What would they do with all of those used uniforms? 

i thought Shelley said that all of the outfits are returned because it's considered DC property? 

50 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I can understand that, but what do they do with them? Are they trashed? That would seem like a waste to me.

I have no clue what they do with them.  Seems like a shame and a waste if they just eventually end up destroying them. 

47 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I have no clue what they do with them.  Seems like a shame and a waste if they just eventually end up destroying them. 

I’m guessing they don’t want actual team wear ending up on eBay, at Goodwill, getting worn by God knows whom — not good for the brand. It’s different from the licensed merchandise available to the masses.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m guessing they don’t want actual team wear ending up on eBay, at Goodwill, getting worn by God knows whom — not good for the brand. It’s different from the licensed merchandise available to the masses.  

I would say you are 100% correct on this.