Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
bigskygirl

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

Recommended Posts

I've only ever used the felt-tip eyeliner from Kat Von D, but it wears a full 24 hours if you don't take it off with makeup remover - the rest of her line has a rep for being indelible as well.  Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade pots are the same - it absolutely won't budge, and the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer lasts forever too.  It has all the subtlety of spackle if you try to use it as a foundation, but as a concealer just beneath the brow it's perfect. Also a pot will literally last you years.  I could have sworn I heard Tia Williams talk about Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray in an interview - I imagine they have to use something like that to get their makeup to stay.  I've always freaked out on behalf of the girls' skincare too - I don't think there are any readily available sunscreens that would last or look camera-ready with all that heat and movement, but I'm always hoping they have something to protect their skin (I do double duty as a skin care nerd and a beacon of Gondor when I'm not being a DCC fangirl lol).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Two seasons ago Kelli and the DCC were hosting skin cancer checks at AT&T stadium and a promo on being sun smart.  Literally the next day Breelan posted on her DCC Twitter that she'd been in a sun bed (not a spray booth) it's a bit bitchy but I retweeted the tweet and copied Kelli. Needless to say it got deleted pretty quickly. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Now that training camp is over, and the Oxnard welcome is done, does the practice schedule lighten up? Are they still in rehearsal every night? Do they usually go on past 11:00 pm for the next few weeks? (I'm assuming they went past 11pm for the two months-is that right?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know how Gameday Girl is chosen? 

Do Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte choose or does the squad vote?

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that CMT subtitles the veterans as 2 yr veteran when they're in their second year and we've seen veterans cut at TCC? They're one year veterans trying for their second year to make the team, they're not a two year vet until the end of the season. Every time I see it it bugs me, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve as an English teacher.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
7 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that CMT subtitles the veterans as 2 yr veteran when they're in their second year and we've seen veterans cut at TCC? They're one year veterans trying for their second year to make the team, they're not a two year vet until the end of the season. Every time I see it it bugs me, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve as an English teacher.

It bothers me too, they're technically a one year veteran since they have one year under their belt.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that CMT subtitles the veterans as 2 yr veteran when they're in their second year and we've seen veterans cut at TCC? They're one year veterans trying for their second year to make the team, they're not a two year vet until the end of the season. Every time I see it it bugs me, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve as an English teacher.

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought they call girls with one year under their belts who are trying out again two year candidates until the team is announced. Of course, if they are cut at finals or during TC, they are one year veterans. Two year veterans are called three year candidates, three year veterans are four year candidates, etc. etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought they call girls with one year under their belts who are trying out again two year candidates until the team is announced. Of course, if they are cut at finals or during TC, they are one year veterans. Two year veterans are called three year candidates, three year veterans are four year candidates, etc. etc. etc.

That may be what the DCC call them but on CMT it usually says veteran instead of candidate at least one TC starts, at finals it may say candidate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The title card began to state  "____ year veteran candidate" in later seasons. Over the 11 years, the show went through a great deal of improvements to make things easier to understand and more accurate. In the first season(s), you could barely tell TCC from a vet.

Share this post


Link to post

So I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. 

1) I was on YouTube and I stumbled upon this video with former DCC Leah Lyons (pre-MTT). She was cute as a button. I lurked and noticed that she was only a DCC for one year. Wonder why? 

2) The atmosphere on the team today. I wonder if the "mean girl era" has ended with the exit Cassie or are the girls really good in hiding it. 

 

Again...I'm a day late and possibly and 15 stars short....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/8/2016 at 9:24 AM, twinkietwin94 said:

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that CMT subtitles the veterans as 2 yr veteran when they're in their second year and we've seen veterans cut at TCC? They're one year veterans trying for their second year to make the team, they're not a two year vet until the end of the season. Every time I see it it bugs me, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve as an English teacher.

THANK YOU!  No you are not the only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2016 at 1:25 PM, McGee43 said:

Wasn't Kelli's too at some point, more recently?  I know I saw something related to her husband filing papers.

Ok, wow!  Does anyone know if this is true?  I had always wondered what their schedule is like.  You see the time on the clock when they are meeting with TC in Kelli's office at 11pm.  I have always wondered are they back the next day at 8am?  That could really put stress on anyone's marriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

Ok, wow!  Does anyone know if this is true?  I had always wondered what their schedule is like.  You see the time on the clock when they are meeting with TC in Kelli's office at 11pm.  I have always wondered are they back the next day at 8am?  That could really put stress on anyone's marriage. 

Since we know K & J aren't at practice everyday then they could come in at 10 or 11 the next day instead.  They are salary not hourly so long hours etc and flexible time is something they get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Since we know K & J aren't at practice everyday then they could come in at 10 or 11 the next day instead.  They are salary not hourly so long hours etc and flexible time is something they get.

I really hope they are working their marriages out.  I don't know, maybe they are already divorced.  Does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm Wikipedia says they are both married with no divorces. Neither of them seem to talk about their partners.. Well ever, really. 

i would have thought that on the dates K and J come along for the evenings that they probably don't work in the day time too.

Like Monday - Thursday 9-5, then Friday 6.30-11pm or something?

I don't really know what Judy would do all day if it wasn't a rehearsal though lol!!! Sit at a desk snd twiddle her thumbs? I mean she doesn't choreograph new stuff every week all year, surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Hmm Wikipedia says they are both married with no divorces. Neither of them seem to talk about their partners.. Well ever, really. 

i would have thought that on the dates K and J come along for the evenings that they probably don't work in the day time too.

Like Monday - Thursday 9-5, then Friday 6.30-11pm or something?

I don't really know what Judy would do all day if it wasn't a rehearsal though lol!!! Sit at a desk snd twiddle her thumbs? I mean she doesn't choreograph new stuff every week all year, surely? 

Haha now I want to know this too.  So a TV show that I caught a glimpse of has now become my obsession.  I don't think any of you realize how much this board means too me.  I took a FMLA from work because I needed to have back surgery, I have to another one in a few weeks.  I stumbled on this board as a fluke, and you guys have really kept my spirits up.  I'm so thankful for that.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Hmm Wikipedia says they are both married with no divorces. Neither of them seem to talk about their partners.. Well ever, really. 

i would have thought that on the dates K and J come along for the evenings that they probably don't work in the day time too.

Like Monday - Thursday 9-5, then Friday 6.30-11pm or something?

I don't really know what Judy would do all day if it wasn't a rehearsal though lol!!! Sit at a desk snd twiddle her thumbs? I mean she doesn't choreograph new stuff every week all year, surely? 

I imagine she would have to coordinate all the extra people in a variety of the different half time shows such as Thanksgiving, Pink Day, Alumni etc.  I am sure if people looked as my job as professor they would say, hey she gives a 2 hour lecture twice and day and then what does she do??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I imagine she would have to coordinate all the extra people in a variety of the different half time shows such as Thanksgiving, Pink Day, Alumni etc.  I am sure if people looked as my job as professor they would say, hey she gives a 2 hour lecture twice and day and then what does she do??

True story....there are days we only have a few animals come in, people might wonder what I do all day. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think Judy and her husband have a pretty good relationship these days? I see them both quite a bit on Cassie's IG.  I know for Halloween last year they had cute costumes and took Cassie's kids trick or treating together. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Judy and her husband have a pretty good relationship these days? I see them both quite a bit on Cassie's IG.  I know for Halloween last year they had cute costumes and took Cassie's kids trick or treating together. 

That makes me happy.  I hope the same for Kelli.  Does anyone know?  She seems really private.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BlackDaria said:

So I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. 

1) I was on YouTube and I stumbled upon this video with former DCC Leah Lyons (pre-MTT). She was cute as a button. I lurked and noticed that she was only a DCC for one year. Wonder why? 

I thought she was gorgeous and had a great figure, but it seemed like they were being really hard on her and a few of the others re: weight and style. I'd imagine they gave her the "don't come back" talk that we hear some people get at the end of the first year.

Share this post


Link to post

My questions are:. How are the TC compensated by CMT or does Jerry get all the money for appearing on the show?

-. Do they still do big sisters for the TC?

-. I want to see pictures of the new dance studio at the star

Share this post


Link to post

I do think they still do he big sister thing.  Sydney was lucky enough to be Vivian's that last year I think.  Or maybe it was her group leader.

Edited by parrotfeathers

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry...but I asked this question in the "former DCC thread" but why did Michelle Keys retire so young. She just celebrated her 28th bday.  She could have been a 5 year girl with Sydney, Melissa and Captain Hook. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, BlackDaria said:

Sorry...but I asked this question in the "former DCC thread" but why did Michelle Keys retire so young. She just celebrated her 28th bday.  She could have been a 5 year girl with Sydney, Melissa and Captain Hook. 

I know she was a Mavs dancer  (not sure how long) before becoming a DCC. Maybe she was just done with pro cheerleading.

Edited by MrsEVH

Share this post


Link to post

I've always wondered what happened to the girls that get cut but it's not shown? Amy R, Rebecca, and Sintia. They probably didn't want to show Sintia's because maybe she got crazy/violent.  Or they didn't want the DCC organization to look bad. 

What ever happened with Courtney Cook? Maybe one of the people here with the inside knowledge would know.

Also don't they do background checks BEFORE inviting some girls (Sintia, Karissa, Carla, Ika) to TC? Unless they want the drama for the show.

Share this post


Link to post

@MrsEVH I'm not sure why they waited till training camp for Karissa and Ika, unless it's that they rated strongly enough where they knew they wanted them in camp, and didn't think the pictures were awful, just that they were inappropriate, so they waited until they could speak to them individually and "privately" to have them address the issue.  For Carla, I felt terribly sorry for her because the pictures weren't posted in a public forum, they were sent directly to Kelli and Judy by her ex-boyfriend in order to ruin her chances of ever becoming a DCC.  Also, it wasn't stated, but I'm pretty sure they were pornographic - there were glimpses of Karissa's and Ika's pictures, but the ones of Carla were completely blurred.  I do think Kelli and Judy would have stood by her if it was solely a question of her being victimized, but I think her getting cut was a combination of not being strong in camp combined with the fact that she did pose for the pics, and take selfies, so they questioned her judgment going forward.  Either way, it is really too bad and I am so sorry that happened to her.  As for Sintia, I have no idea who that is, or what happened - can you give me a run down?  What season was she on?  I hadn't heard anything about her and I have S3-10 on iTunes and am always re-watching the seasons ?

Share this post


Link to post

There are many smart women who allow themselves to be photographed by their lover.  It takes a special kind of jerk to make those photos public.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Sintia Coston was a TCC in season 7, but she wasn't shown at all and her cut was left out for legal reasons. I can't remember if she was arrested during TC or if they found out about her arrest record during TC, but she was let go over an assault charge. Drama is one thing, but airing someone's criminal record is not something Kelli and co would do. Sintia went on to be an Austin Toros Capital City Dancer. She's seen here second from left of the girls standing up (with the curly hair).

2s81n9v.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't a fan of Carla.  As mentioned, she wasn't a strong dancer to begin with, but there MUST have been something she brought to the table in order for her to make it to Training Camp as I don't see them accepting a girl into camp then cutting her strictly for the drama.  I wouldn't be surprised if her boyfriend at the time sent those pictures because he was upset over her making camp (there are a variety of reasons for this upset so I won't speculate) among other things.  I was more pissed off that Carla seemed to head straight for the "I hate men" camp and saying that they can't be trusted and avoided taking any of the blame.  I was waiting to hear something like "I can't believe I allowed him to take those pictures" or something along those lines because, as what was seen on the show, he could be using those as blackmail every time she tries to do something he doesn't approve of.  

Personally, I don't trust ANYONE enough to EVER consider doing something like that, but that's just me.  Overall, it felt as if Carla wasn't emotionally strong enough to handle Training Camp and, if it hadn't been the pictures getting her cut, it would have been something else and she might not have handled it well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know what groups are where during the game; I know they move around a lot; but any tips on where Group 2 would be (#GirlCrushOnHollyP)? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

At my line of work, criminal background checks are done for school, licensing and prior to each job.  Many include credit check also.  There is a short time between finals and training camp with some info not being back in time.  With others they may be gathering more data including all the social data backgrounds.  Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

@ShellyB you mentioned the judges in your post about this discussion board. Would you be able to give us a sense of what Charlotte is like, how much she interacts with the girls on the team and what her job entails? I'm so curious about her!

Edited by GingerJ · Reason: To make sure it was clear I meant DCC team, not players

Share this post


Link to post

@GingerJ Charlotte's official title is Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer. DCC is just one facet of her job. Under her eye, the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are carefully branded with sponsors, endorsements and various charities. Charlotte is the brainchild behind The relationship with The Salvation Army & our nationally televised Thanksgiving half times. She is the first woman in the NFL to be name as Chairman of NFL Foundations, which spearheads philanthropic support for players, youth football, medical research, etc. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

She certainly has a huge job, thank you for sharing that! I can't imagine how much she is responsible for and deals with, because I imagine everybody in Dallas wants to be tied to those brands.

That also explains how picky she can be about girls who audition. There have been many conversations here about some of her comments or some of the things that have been a dealbreaker regarding particular girls. 

But bearing responsibility for the DCC brand in every single place and way every single girl represents it would certainly afford you a critical eye! Good for her!

Once there's a team, is she warm or engaged with the team or is she more celeb-level to them?

Edited by GingerJ · Reason: Spelling faux pas

Share this post


Link to post

I leave for a few and Shelly B. is posting now?!  This board has gone haywire lol. I have a few random but genuine questions:

What did you believe would be accomplished from your original post? What (who) turned you on to this board and why? Are the other staffers as upset as you are (were)?  Is it true that Judy is having a hard time blocking the triangle with 37? Also, is it true that Jenna and Jenn K will be switching off as the point of the triangle during Thunder all season? Lastly, is Dayton (or Sam or Victoria) going to go for DCC?

 

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by pink317

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GingerJ said:

She certainly has a huge job, thank you for sharing that! I can't imagine how much she is responsible for and deals with, because I imagine everybody in Dallas wants to be tied to those brands.

That also explains how picky she can be about girls who audition. There have been many conversations here about some of her comments or some of the things that have been a dealbreaker regarding particular girls. 

But bearing responsibility for the DCC brand in every single place and way every single girl represents it would certainly afford you a critical eye! Good for her!

Once there's a team, is she warm or engaged with the team or is she more celeb-level to them?

She is always warm and knows everyone by name. She is not necessarily involved with our daily operations because she has the entire DCFC to brand. But she is aware of all things DCC. We have the marketing dept, sponsorship & promotions, gameday production & our dept that all work together throughout the year. Next week, I'll post pics from our staff meetings so you can see how we roll.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes....the AS's for 2016 are Emma, Katy, Ashley, Rachel & Kinzie

What about Holly A?

Share this post


Link to post
On August 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM, cherryblossom said:

At my line of work, criminal background checks are done for school, licensing and prior to each job.  Many include credit check also.  There is a short time between finals and training camp with some info not being back in time.  With others they may be gathering more data including all the social data backgrounds.  Just a thought.

We do a background check, look at social media, talk with former directors, employers, etc. we have a deadline for applications to be turned in, so many girls will turn paperwork in months in advance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

No, only 5 this season.

Thanks for answering my questions!! Love Emma and am so happy that she is back as an All-Star this year!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×