Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Amber Gosdin is the other one.

There was also Olivia Sharber, depending on how you define legacy. She was Kitty's daughter in law.

Yeah..that doesn't count.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, lfedncr said:

If I’m correctly remembering  Dayton did not make it to TC last year.

I'm cynical. She admitted to not preparing, and flubbed a very easy question at the interview. I think her not making it last year was a set up. Now they are able to say the inner circle's legacies don't automatically make it. They are very much aware of how Cassie was perceived. Y'all fell for it. Good work management.

Also, with hours of footage and slow mo dance sequences, they can make ANYONE look good.  With the edit Kashara got last year, you would have thought she waw the second coming of Nicole Hamilton.

I believe Victoria and Dayton will make the team. However, I do think they both are pretty enough and possess enough dance skill to make the team.

I rewatched Cassie's rookie season over Thanksgiving. She was not shown to be anything special. I'm sure these ladies will get better edits, to keep us quiet.

The difference between them and Cassie is social media. We get to see unedited clips of the dances. (That's how we know Savannah can't stay on tempo. LOL)

I'll reserve judgement until I see those social media posts. If you will recall how little we saw of group 4 last year and a lot of group 1. If they hide them, that will also be revealing.

Edited by hypeman
Misspell
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

I'm cynical. She admitted to not preparing, and flubbed a very easy question at the interview. I think her not making it last year was a set up. Now they are able to say the inner circle's legacies don't automatically make it. They are very much aware of how Cassie was perceived. Y'all fell for it. Good work management.

Nah. I don't believe it for a second. Kelli can be tough, but she's a human being with a heart and real feelings. You couldn't convince me that she would do that to the daughter of someone who has been a good friend and coworker for over 20 years, a girl Kelli has known since she was born, a girl who is one of Kelli's daughter's best friends. The idea that Dayton had everything it takes to make it training camp, and Kelli said "Nah, let's cut her and get some ratings"? Nope. Not buying it.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Also, with hours of footage and slow mo dance sequences, they can make ANYONE look good.  With the edit Kashara got last year, you would have thought she waw the second coming of Nicole Hamilton.

I believe Victoria and Dayton will make the team. However, I do think they both are pretty enough and possess enough dance skill to make the team.

I rewatched Cassie's rookie season over Thanksgiving. She was not shown to be anything special. I'm sure these ladues will get better edits, to keep us quiet.

The difference between them and Cassie is social media. We get to see unedited clips of the dances. (That's how we know Savannah can't stay on tempo. LOL)

I'll reserve judgement until I see those social media posts. If you will recall how little we saw of group 4 last year and a lot of group 1. If they hide them, that will also be revealing.

Yeah total agreement !

6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Nah. I don't believe it for a second. Kelli can be tough, but she's a human being with a heart and real feelings. You couldn't convince me that she would do that to the daughter of someone who has been a good friend and coworker for over 20 years, a girl Kelli has known since she was born, a girl who is one of Kelli's daughter's best friends. The idea that Dayton had everything it takes to make it training camp, and Kelli said "Nah, let's cut her and get some ratings"? Nope. Not buying it.

She totally would .....

• Love 4
(edited)

I say we storm the DCC Organization Building with pitchforks and fire and make them confess to pulling the wool over our eyes by making Dayton bomb her interview on purpose and cutting her  at finals in order to lure us all into a false hope of security. If you need me, I will be drowning my sorrow with root beer and chocolate and hope the shock will not have me clutching my pearls for the rest of the night.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, hypeman said:

With the edit Kashara got last year, you would have thought she waw the second coming of Nicole Hamilton.

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Oh wow....I didn't get that at all honestly.  We def got a lot of Kashara but I wasn't annoyed by it - I felt as though her position had less to do with her overall standout dance ability (although absolutely, she is solid), and everything to do with her charisma and leadership.  I feel as though if it was purely a dance-driven position, there would be another girl at point (no disrespect to Kashara for that, or to any of the other girls).  What I think was the difference for Cassie was the other points she brought into play beyond being a decently solid dancer - she's beautiful, she never seemed to have weight issues, she tumbled, and she is actually a beautiful singer.  When I first started to watch the show I could see the first three things but I didn't think there was any way she could sing - I never watched the links people posted because I was certain it would be painful - and then I did, and I was laughing at myself because she is actually an amazing vocalist:  

I haven't seen any DCC vocalists for quite a long time, and I think it might play a smaller role overall than it used to - but it was definitely a thing for a while, and I'm sure that was a part of what played into Cassie being a fixture on the team for so long.

Beyond that, I am with @sleepyjean on this one completely (and it's one of the reasons I love Kelli), but there is also a business reason I don't buy it that either Dayton or VK are going to be DCCs without earning it - Kelli cares way too much about the quality aspects of the team to do that.  She's been devoted to the DCC since she was a very young woman, and I feel as though she sees it as a point of honor, no matter how much she cares about the girls she has had to cut.  While MTT might be a thing for now, DCC has been around long before and will be around long after it's gone.  I don't see her losing sight of that for the sake of ratings, or deliberately hurting a girl she cares about to do it either.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I say we storm the DCC Organization Building with pitchforks and fire and make them confess to pulling the wool over our eyes by making Dayton bomb her interview on purpose and cutting her  at finals in order to lure us all into a false hope of security. If you need me, I will be drowning my sorrow with root beer and chocolate and hope the shock will not have me clutching my pearls for the rest of the night.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If Dayton purposely flubbed the interview, Dayton would have had to be in on it as well (and maybe Shelly)...which I also don't believe.  Cal me naive, I think what we saw is what happened.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

Oh wow....I didn't get that at all honestly.  We def got a lot of Kashara but I wasn't annoyed by it - I felt as though her position had less to do with her overall standout dance ability (although absolutely, she is solid), and everything to do with her charisma and leadership.  I feel as though if it was purely a dance-driven position, there would be another girl at point (no disrespect to Kashara for that, or to any of the other girls).  What I think was the difference for Cassie was the other points she brought into play beyond being a decently solid dancer - she's beautiful, she never seemed to have weight issues, she tumbled, and she is actually a beautiful singer.  When I first started to watch the show I could see the first three things but I didn't think there was any way she could sing - I never watched the links people posted because I was certain it would be painful - and then I did, and I was laughing at myself because she is actually an amazing vocalist:  

I haven't seen any DCC vocalists for quite a long time, and I think it might play a smaller role overall than it used to - but it was definitely a thing for a while, and I'm sure that was a part of what played into Cassie being a fixture on the team for so long.

Beyond that, I am with @sleepyjean on this one completely (and it's one of the reasons I love Kelli), but there is also a business reason I don't buy it that either Dayton or VK are going to be DCCs without earning it - Kelli cares way too much about the quality aspects of the team to do that.  She's been devoted to the DCC since she was a very young woman, and I feel as though she sees it as a point of honor, no matter how much she cares about the girls she has had to cut.  While MTT might be a thing for now, DCC has been around long before and will be around long after it's gone.  I don't see her losing sight of that for the sake of ratings, or deliberately hurting a girl she cares about to do it either.

+1 to all of this. 

• Love 6

I said last year that Dayton being cut, even though she admits she wasn’t fully prepped, was to ‘prove’ they were tough on legacies and she wouldn’t just skate in. Total agreement that they didn’t expect her to make it last year, but whether Dayton fully realized that, who knows. We do know she kinda auditioned to see what would happen. 

I also agree that business is business and Kelli would cut or keep anybody there. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Amber Gosdin is the other one.

There was also Olivia Sharber, depending on how you define legacy. She was Kitty's daughter in law.

I believe Kitty also had a niece who was a DCC. I remember seeing a picture of all three as DCCs but where I can't recall.

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I believe Kitty also had a niece who was a DCC. I remember seeing a picture of all three as DCCs but where I can't recall.

You're right! Carrie Chapman. I totally forgot about her. Kitty mentioned her here.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't think that's exactly what he's saying. I took @hypeman perspective to mean a) they knew she wasn't going to be ready for another year and b) they knew she wasn't going to be one of the stronger ones and c) they had a PR opportunity and a story line so d) that's how they played it. I think all parties involved were in on it, including the rookie candidate herself. Just like Cassie, she was never not going to make the team, but they had to set it up to try to avoid the PR fire storm and roasting on social media. If she proves herself that's one thing. If she isn't great, well then we can speculate.

• Love 5

In sorority, 20 years ago lol, legacies were considered the daughter/granddaughter/niece/sister, sometimes first cousin or goddaughter. I'd personally consider Kitty's daughter in law a legacy, as I would Crystal Trevino as a sister, and possibly Keyra as Jacie's cousin. But for the DCC, I think they call daughters, and then probably granddaughters eventually, of former teammates legacies. 

9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Amber Gosdin - 1st legacy; mom is Billie Gosdin

Meredith Oden 2nd Legacy; mom is Kim Oden 

Cassie Trammell, 3rd legacy; mom is Judy

Dayton & Victoria will be 4th & 5th if they make the team. 

Fun fact - Meredith and Cassie grew up together as their moms both cheered together and are good friends, just like Tina and I. We have shared many of life’s milestones between our kids. 

There was another girl whose mom was a DCC who auditioned a few years ago (don't recall which season). Her name was Natalie and she only made it to semis or finals. I don't remember if anyone here figured out who her mom is.

(edited)
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There was another girl whose mom was a DCC who auditioned a few years ago (don't recall which season). Her name was Natalie and she only made it to semis or finals. I don't remember if anyone here figured out who her mom is.

There have been quite a few legacies that have auditioned and been cut during some portion of the 3 rounds. The ones I mentioned are the few that have made it to training camp and the team. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

There have been quite a few legacies that have auditioned and been cut during some portion of the 3 rounds. The ones I mentioned are the few that have made it to training camp and the team. 

Thanks. I didn't realize that many had auditioned. I guess I assumed if a girl is a legacy it would be mentioned. That's why I remember  Natalie because she mentioned her Mom was a DCC. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Thanks. I didn't realize that many had auditioned. I guess I assumed if a girl is a legacy it would be mentioned. That's why I remember  Natalie because she mentioned her Mom was a DCC. 

Most do in their intro, but suppose if they don’t make it past prelims or semis, it doesn’t get covered by media. 

• Love 5
(edited)

@ShellyB do the groups ever get rearranged to even out numbers eg if more rookies get cut from one group than another?

ALSO does Kelli have to sprinkle the weaker rookies she thinks she's likely to cut evenly across groups? 

Edited by dccfangirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Synspice said:

https://twitter.com/Kelli_Finglass/status/880995024103780352/photo/1  

Just curious but does anyone know what the stickers and numbers on the photos mean?  I'm assuming the WW would mean weight watch, but what do the B and M mean?  Also, on Lauren's picture she has 15!  But on Tasha's photo it looks like 7/5/3.  

It means how many yes how many maybes and how many no’s The B’s mean who got a Barbie 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2018 at 1:46 AM, dccfangirl said:

@ShellyB do the groups ever get rearranged to even out numbers eg if more rookies get cut from one group than another?

ALSO does Kelli have to sprinkle the weaker rookies she thinks she's likely to cut evenly across groups? 

Yes, if the cuts leave a group with fewer rookies, there will be a shift. Judy sets the groups by....height, hair color & dance ability. 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, if the cuts leave a group with fewer rookies, there will be a shift. Judy sets the groups by....height, hair color & dance ability. 

THANK YOU this has genuinely been a nagging query of mine for so long. <3 Appreciate you!

• Love 2

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I just wanted to let people know that you can watch as early as season 1 on cmt.com. I know some had said they couldn't find it. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I just wanted to let people know that you can watch as early as season 1 on cmt.com. I know some had said they couldn't find it. 

So I watched the first episode and then it wanted me to sign in with my cable provider. It now says unavailable. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Tarode said:

So I watched the first episode and then it wanted me to sign in with my cable provider. It now says unavailable. 

Welcome to my world.  CMT removed my cable provider several months back with no warning.  The first episode of the season is avail but you need a cable provider that CMT lists, to continue viewing.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Welcome to my world.  CMT removed my cable provider several months back with no warning.  The first episode of the season is avail but you need a cable provider that CMT lists, to continue viewing.

You USED to be able to sign in to CMT with a Facebook account, that's how I rewatched the old seasons last Fall, but last I checked we can't do that anymore.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I cannot figure why DISH isn't one of the providers.   I've never even heard of half of those on the list.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I cannot figure why DISH isn't one of the providers.   I've never even heard of half of those on the list.

We used to be Verizon FIOS in LaLa land.  Then we got stuck with Frontier Communications.  CMT included it until a few months ago.  Kind of big quadrant they just cut out considering the size of Los Angeles. 

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

We used to be Verizon FIOS in LaLa land.  Then we got stuck with Frontier Communications.  CMT included it until a few months ago.  Kind of big quadrant they just cut out considering the size of Los Angeles. 

I’m with Frontier too and live in Florida. So annoying! 

Shortly after DCC:MTT ended last season, we dropped our cable all together.  (300 channels of crap and maybe a handful of good ones!)   We planned on getting something like Sling, etc but we haven't really worried about it until now.   I CANNOT be without my show! lol   I know this type of discussion has come up before, but it didn't really apply to me so I didn't look at it closely. 

Any suggestions for what works best?  I don't know much about any of them, so could you explain (dumb it down!) how they work?  Thanks!

We don’t have CMT (wasn’t worth the monthly upcharge), so I purchased the season on my Apple TV. I believe it was $19.99 for the entire season and the episodes are generally posted by the time I get home from work on Friday. 

• Love 5
(edited)

CMTis listed on my cable guide....but only shows music video’s.    but when I go to CMT.com my cable company is not listed so I can not watch old seasons.  Use to be able too .   confusing.

Edited by Harrythecat

I can vouch for the iTunes episodes as well...and sometimes with the fun benefit of different editing than the original airing. IIRC the group door leader thing was dubbed differently (Erica) for me than the broadcast. 

I was able to get internet with Dish for $65 at my new place vs internet only for $60, sooooo I figured that $5 extra was worth it. This show is such a guilty pleasure!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

Shortly after DCC:MTT ended last season, we dropped our cable all together.  (300 channels of crap and maybe a handful of good ones!)   We planned on getting something like Sling, etc but we haven't really worried about it until now.   I CANNOT be without my show! lol   I know this type of discussion has come up before, but it didn't really apply to me so I didn't look at it closely. 

Any suggestions for what works best?  I don't know much about any of them, so could you explain (dumb it down!) how they work?  Thanks!

Hubs and I cut the the cable cord too! We are trying to navigate all of the options out there (Hulu, Sling, Set TV... it's soo overwhelming ?). Anywho, we bought an Amazon Firestick and just downloaded a free trail of Sling and I am happy to say that CMT is included! It's like live tv though so you can't record shows or fast forward through commercials. 

• Love 1

I'm from Europe so we don't get CMT here at all. Spike started broadcasting old seasons (6-9) of DCC:MTT last month, but I've never been able to see the special or season 1 and 2. Unfortunately I have to find streams for the newer episodes, there's just no way around it. About a year ago I was also able to watch through the CMT website but that won't even open now, goes straight to YouTube.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still don't understand why if it's a CMT production, why the original 2 hour special and seasons 1-2 can't be shown.  I mean, this is all you can find.

Aaaaahhhhhh, I can't get past the turquoise (not royal blue) poms!!  Cute video though.  I thought the shorts looked better then, before they started cutting them higher on the leg and lower on the waist.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Aaaaahhhhhh, I can't get past the turquoise (not royal blue) poms!!  Cute video though.  I thought the shorts looked better then, before they started cutting them higher on the leg and lower on the waist.

Me neither! (on the poms lol ) It is a cute video and I remember watching the special....just wish I could own seasons 1 & 2! 

• Love 2
On 6/10/2018 at 12:22 AM, ShellyB said:

Amber Gosdin - 1st legacy; mom is Billie Gosdin

Meredith Oden 2nd Legacy; mom is Kim Oden 

Cassie Trammell, 3rd legacy; mom is Judy

Dayton & Victoria will be 4th & 5th if they make the team. 

Fun fact - Meredith and Cassie grew up together as their moms both cheered together and are good friends, just like Tina and I. We have shared many of life’s milestones between our kids. 

Don’t forget Breelan. Her mom was a DCC

On 6/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, Tarode said:

I just binged season 1 and season 2... my cable provider isn’t on the list, but I signed in through FB for a 1 time 24 hour pass. Got both seasons in before time expired. lol. I need a life, obviously. Go ahead and judge me, because I’m right next to you on that panel. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I just binged season 1 and season 2... my cable provider isn’t on the list, but I signed in through FB for a 1 time 24 hour pass. Got both seasons in before time expired. lol. I need a life, obviously. Go ahead and judge me, because I’m right next to you on that panel. 

I’m 99.99% sure that Breelan’s mom was not a DCC.

42 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Breelan is close to Crystal Risher - a former DCC.  Maybe that is who you are thinking of?

And now I am off to figure out FB and CMT - thank you!!

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

I’m 99.99% sure that Breelan’s mom was not a DCC.

I just searched, watched the intervention again on season 9... I guess I assumed her mom was prior DCC because of the Crystal connection and Breelan talking about her mom giving her tips, and her saying that she didn’t want to let her mom down... so, I’m wrong.   Sorry about the misinformation!