Type keyword(s) to search

TVD / Originals / Legacies Universe: A Vampire, a Witch and a Werewolf Walk Into a Bar

• Start Topic

This could be Harry Potter meets Gossip Girl meets Misfits if the showrunners play it right. 

I think this show has the potential to be something really special if the showrunners opened up their imagination a little. What frustrated me so much about TVD/TO was how narrow the supernatural world was - vampires, werewolves, witches with such an uneven power balance (Vampires >>>> everyone else). Plec's latest interview mentioning they'll bring in new creatures and it would be monster-of-the-week has given me hope.

I hope the writers don't cling too much to the stories that came before, and prepare this story for "fresh eyes", people who've never heard or watched an episode of the previous shows. By this, I don't mean over-load it with exposition, but generally let the past stay in the past.

• Love 2

I agree. Vampires were made out to be the superior species in the TVD/TO universe but I’ve always thought the witches were superior. Especially Celeste/Sabine from S1 of The Originals. I heard a rumor that they could be adding Kitsunes to their supernatural world in Legacies. I hope it’s true.

1 hour ago, imusuallysweet said:

Vampires were made out to be the superior species in the TVD/TO universe but I’ve always thought the witches were superior.

I absolutely agree. The world makes sense as witches being more powerful, but being more "removed" from the rest of the supernatural. Maybe one or two rogue witches would interfere (with the chance of bringing down the wrath of an entire coven on him/her), but there were far too many "Renfield" witches.

I'm going to give this a try even though by the end of TVD I hated the show because it was so bad, & I never watched The Originals because I hated the characters when they were on TVD. 

Can you remind me about Hope..she is a tri-breed (sp?)-witch, warewolf and vampire.

We have seen her witch side and her wolf side. What about vampire? Does she need to die to become one, and then stops being one of the previous two or?

I have watched VD and TO, but so much plots.. 

19 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

We have seen her witch side and her wolf side. What about vampire? Does she need to die to become one, and then stops being one of the previous two or?

Well her blood can make hybrids which is an upgrade from Klaus who needed his blood and Elena/Petrova-doppelganger blood to make hybrids. 

Having vampire blood also means she heals quickly, and I guess being an activated werewolf speeds up that healing too.

And you're probably right that if she dies and turns into a vampire (I'm guessing she won't need to drink vampire blood since it's already in her system), she will lose her witch powers and become a werewolf hybrid like Klaus and Hayley.

Of course, it's possible that since Hope is a completely original (pun not intended) supernatural being, none of the usual rules will apply. She might turn into a vampire and have the powers of compulsion and super-speed to while still keeping her magic and wolf powers. Or all that vampire blood in her body might make her unkillable - she can literally never die. Or maybe all her powers will cancel out if she dies, and she just dies like any other human or witch. 

In the end, it really depends on whatever direction the show wants to take her.

This is, by the way, part of my frustration with introducing Landon as this mysterious Chosen One person. The show already has its unicorn with Hope. Even the Gemini twins also have Chosen One traits (last of their kind, fated for either greatness or doom - restoring their coven or becoming another Kai, and we don't know what's going to happen when they turn 22). The show didn't need another Super-Special Supernatural Chosen One teenager. It needed a Guy Normal.

• Love 2

They needed a role for Landon that could keep him in the show on a regular basis. 

I think Hope has the regeneration of a vampire, she can heal herself and others with her blood, although I might be mistaken. Her healing was confirmed in 1x03, but we don't know if she was using her wolf side or her vampirism.

And lastly, I don't think Lizzie and Josie even care about the Gemini Coven that caused so much pain and, eventually, killed their biological mother. I don't think that the show is going to last until they are 22, unless we get another one of Julie's favorite time-skips. They have absolutely 0 reason to merge or restore the coven, unless one of them turns evil in the future, but nah, it won't happen. 

Well Landon could be an newly-turned vampire. Before the show aired, when I saw the promo pictures for the premiere of Landon in a cell, I thought that was what the show was going for. I watched the episode thinking he was going to be turned by accident at the party. 

They have absolutely 0 reason to merge or restore the coven, unless one of them turns evil in the future, but nah, it won't happen. 

Behind-the-scenes and spoilery so don't click if you don't want to know but

Spoiler

Caroline's "recruitment mission" is actually a cover story. She's searching for a means to stop the twins from having to merge on their 22nd birthday. Which means that the twins merging at the age of 22 or earlier is not going to be a choice for them. At least until Caroline can find a way to stop it. 

Edited by ursula

Put spells and translations in

• Episode 2 31:30,
  • Hope Mikaelson

(original, in Latin)

tenebris anima vestra contundito mortem, et conteret spiritum. frange vitam. nolite corde. ut sub terra esse, ad tenebras usque in sempiternum

(Translation in English)

The dark soul of your crush death and crush the spirit. Break your life. Do heart. to be underground, in darkness forever

19 hours ago, henry404x said:

Put spells and translations in

That doesn't look like it will attract enough interest to give it its own discussion topic, but you can talk here about spells and other aspects of witchcraft on the show.