Type keyword(s) to search

Whiskey Cavalier - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:
6 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I was side-eyeing that whole "blonde" thing. Really? That's her most defining characteristic?

Just to clarify:  My name is on the quote, but those words belong to another.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Just to clarify:  My name is on the quote, but those words belong to another.

Sorry, I wasn't singling you out, I was just adding my two cents to the complaint that the assassin was referred to as a "blonde" as if the description wasn't apt or apropos.  Your post was just the nearest one to the bottom.

Edited by Jacks-Son
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I'm going to forgo nit picking the goofs and mistakes on this series for now because 1) It's still too early and the writers need some consultants to help with some of their inane scenarios and 2) I'm already worn out from watching "Manifest" and trying to figure out those glaring mistakes.  So, I'll give this a chance and treat it like a much better, "Take Two" with Rachel Bilson and Eddie Cibrian

Now that you mention it, this show is kind of a cross between Manifest and Take Two.

Edited by shapeshifter
(edited)
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Now that you mention it, this show is kind of a cross between Manifest and Take Two

LOL, I should ask you to compare and contrast how this is a cross, between the two, but I'm just glad to see we have another show in common, Shapeshifter.

After swimming upthread, I saw @peachmangosteen ponder whether to give "Deception" a try.  I'll second that motion, it's a fun series, with a familiar trope, instead of FBI/CIA UST, you get an FBI agent and an Illusionist teaming up.  Think, "The Mentalist" or any of the countless others with the BIG exception that it's fun, or was fun.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 5

I watched the second episode with occasional glimpses at my phone. It's mindlessly entertaining - which is good. Reminds me a bit of Leverage, which I really liked. 

I think Ana Ortiz does well here. Glad that she is being used more than in the Pilot. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Think, "The Mentalist" or any of the countless others with the BIG exception that it's fun, or was fun.

Yeah, like The Mentalist with a sense of humour and without that show's toxic levels of grim pretension and self-importance.

• Love 3

I think the show is fun.  All the OTT shenanigans and questions about FBI/CIA jurisdictions don't bother me at all.  I'm tired of feeling depressed or pissed off after pretty much every other show I watch.  This show isn't anything deep or meaningful but it's not trying to be and, quite frankly, it's a breath of fresh air to end a show with a smile on my face.  The entire cast has a fun chemistry thing going on, even when Ray is tossed in there. 

• Love 12

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, and credit much of that to the chemistry among the actors. As some have commented, this reminds me (fondly) of Burn Notice. I'm not looking for anything deep or intensely meaningful, so this is just fine.  But allow me to nerd out just for a bit.

I can accept a significant amount of suspension of belief in the name of entertaining fiction, but gratuitous nonsense irks. I’ve always suspected that one to culprits for our relative STEM ignorance is the false presentation of simple scientific principles in popular entertainment. For example, Superman cannot lift thin-skinned aluminum-hulled airplane by the palm of his hand. The force needed to move a many-ton aircraft exerted over the small surface area of a hand (Kryptonian or otherwise) would punch a hole in that hull as easily as a pin goes through a balloon.

Here, we have a safe with two people trapped inside that “fills” with water within seconds. Anyone who’s filled a bathtub - and knows how long that takes – knows this is absurd. While we don’t have the flow rate for the burst pipe or exact measurements of the interior of the safe, we can do some rough calculations.  Let’s estimate the flow rate at 5.5 gallons a minute, which Google tells me a good estimate for the average flow rate of bath tub faucet. While we also cannot directly connect the flow rate of the busted water pipe to the average flow rate of a bath tub faucet, the flow rate of that busted pipe didn’t really look like a raging torrent – so bathroom tub faucet it is. Let’s estimate the safe as a cube 10’ by 10’ by 10.’ That comes from the unhelpful instruction to “stand back 20 feet” from the explosion and the response, “well, we only have 10” or something similar.

So how long would should it have taken to fill the safe? One cubic foot holds 7.48 gallons of water. Ten by 10 by 10 is 1000 cubic feet. Let’s subtract 6 cubic feet for stuff in the safe (the two people – average about 2.5 cubic feet in volume - and the table).  994 cubic feet should hold about 7450 gallons of water (996 x 7.48). At 5.5 gallons/minute, the fill time should be 1354.56 minutes (7450/5.5), or 1.5 hours short of an entire day. This also assumes a constant flow rate, but the point is 22 ½ hours is vastly different than a few seconds. Even in escapist, fluffy fiction, we should be able to do better than this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ahpny said:

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, and credit much of that to the chemistry among the actors. As some have commented, this reminds me (fondly) of Burn Notice. I'm not looking for anything deep or intensely meaningful, so this is just fine.  But allow me to nerd out just for a bit.

I can accept a significant amount of suspension of belief in the name of entertaining fiction, but gratuitous nonsense irks. I’ve always suspected that one to culprits for our relative STEM ignorance is the false presentation of simple scientific principles in popular entertainment. For example, Superman cannot lift thin-skinned aluminum-hulled airplane by the palm of his hand. The force needed to move a many-ton aircraft exerted over the small surface area of a hand (Kryptonian or otherwise) would punch a hole in that hull as easily as a pin goes through a balloon.

Here, we have a safe with two people trapped inside that “fills” with water within seconds. Anyone who’s filled a bathtub - and knows how long that takes – knows this is absurd. While we don’t have the flow rate for the burst pipe or exact measurements of the interior of the safe, we can do some rough calculations.  Let’s estimate the flow rate at 5.5 gallons a minute, which Google tells me a good estimate for the average flow rate of bath tub faucet. While we also cannot directly connect the flow rate of the busted water pipe to the average flow rate of a bath tub faucet, the flow rate of that busted pipe didn’t really look like a raging torrent – so bathroom tub faucet it is. Let’s estimate the safe as a cube 10’ by 10’ by 10.’ That comes from the unhelpful instruction to “stand back 20 feet” from the explosion and the response, “well, we only have 10” or something similar.

So how long would should it have taken to fill the safe? One cubic foot holds 7.48 gallons of water. Ten by 10 by 10 is 1000 cubic feet. Let’s subtract 6 cubic feet for stuff in the safe (the two people – average about 2.5 cubic feet in volume - and the table).  994 cubic feet should hold about 7450 gallons of water (996 x 7.48). At 5.5 gallons/minute, the fill time should be 1354.56 minutes (7450/5.5), or 1.5 hours short of an entire day. This also assumes a constant flow rate, but the point is 22 ½ hours is vastly different than a few seconds. Even in escapist, fluffy fiction, we should be able to do better than this.

I know nothing about math but the show said the vault filled up with water in under 10 minutes (that is how much air they had left, so obviously if the vault was full of water in around 7 minutes the pipe had to be releasing 1064 gallons/minute, that is where you made your mistake.

• LOL 3

Two episodes and I'm in. I immediately thought of Chuck, which I loved, and not just b/c Lauren Cohan is in it. You've got the nerdy, feeling, sensitive leading man and the cold as ice superspy female agent who we know will have her defenses broken down while also getting him to be a little more ruthless when it's absolutely necessary.. Both Chuck and Will were betrayed by their best friends, and Chuck even thought Bryce slept with his girlfriend (I haven't seen the show recently so I don't recall if that turned out to be the case). You have two investigative/intelligence agencies making up combined super team. I only know Scott Foley from Scrubs, but he plays the goofy guy well. Not sure if he can carry the lead of the show, but am willing to give it a chance.

I didn't see the comparison w/ Burn Notice, but thinking about it, and looking a little sideways, I guess I can see it. As for comparison w/ Leverage, right now, as someone upthread said, WC is two leads and three (or four) supporting characters. Leverage was five leads. I believe the poster also mentioned something about Leverage being a particularly distinctive type show, which caused me to spit up my coffee. Nice call back, Elliot.

Now, there are definitely problems. I wasn't happy that the profiler was fooled by the serial liar. I'm also a little tired of the two leads always talking while they are supposed to be sneaking around. Now, I'm not a spy, but I believe there are occasions where quiet might actually be called for. When a supporting member of the team has to advise them that they might want to shut the fuck up b/c they're playing a single dead body trying to get past two morgue attendants, you've got a problem.

Some more fun and just a little less stupidity would be really appreciated. Still, I'm in. For now.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ahpny said:

At 5.5 gallons/minute, the fill time should be 1354.56 minutes (7450/5.5), or 1.5 hours short of an entire day.

Would that be a solar day?  Or the slightly shorter sidereal day?  Because precision (and accuracy) is important, when you're trapped in a safe that's flooding with water, and the episode is only one hour long, less adverts!

😃

(edited)
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:
20 hours ago, ahpny said:

I know nothing about math but the show said the vault filled up with water in under 10 minutes (that is how much air they had left, so obviously if the vault was full of water in around 7 minutes the pipe had to be releasing 1064 gallons/minute, that is where you made your mistake.

17 gallons per second? Sure. Why not?
But as a viewer has announced I was quitting a show because of either gratuitous violence or gratuitous sex,* I may have to borrow this turn of phrase in the future (with proper attribution to @ahpny, of course):

20 hours ago, ahpny said:

I can accept a significant amount of suspension of belief in the name of entertaining fiction, but gratuitous nonsense irks.

Edited by shapeshifter

Spy shows have never been my thing, but conversely, I love shows with the male/female caper dynamic, a la Remington Steele and such, so I gave this a try, anyway. I thought it was fun, that Foley and Cohen had decent chemistry, and like the secondary characters.

Like others have said, I also like it doesn't take itself too seriously. So, for now anyway, I'm along for the ride!

• Love 6

My main nitpick on the episode is the assassin with the good hair shooting Stavros in the middle of the street, then leaving him there, when she needed his eye.  He obviously thought she was there to save him (did he know her?  or was he guessing?) and was running towards her, so why not let him get in the van, then shoot him (or keep him alive)?  It made no sense for her to kill him 50 feet from the van and leave him in the street, hoping to get the eye from the morgue. 

Is it just me, or was Ana Ortiz way more frumpy in the pilot?  I almost didn't recognize her in the pilot, I thought they were deliberately trying to un-pretty her, but she was back to pretty in this episode. 

@ahpny - I have no idea if your bathtub flow assumption is right or not, but damn, I appreciate the effort! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chaifan said:

Is it just me, or was Ana Ortiz way more frumpy in the pilot?  I almost didn't recognize her in the pilot, I thought they were deliberately trying to un-pretty her, but she was back to pretty in this episode. 

Maybe it was "conform", "regulation", "professional", "looking for a promotion", "at work" attire vs. "laid back", "among friends", "dress for myself", "work from home" attire.

• Love 2
On 3/7/2019 at 3:39 PM, phalange said:

Frankie doesn't know every assassin, but she does appreciate their hair. Ha. 

I liked seeing the team work together for the first time. Except for Ray of course, who was trying way too hard and doesn't seem to get why Will is still hurt. Frankie sending Ray a clear message that she's pissed off at him on Will's behalf was great. And she sees Will as a partner now, aw. 

I had a feeling Karen was playing Will the whole time since she didn't seem to be as freaked out as one would normally be by what happened at the restaurant. 

I genuinely love how this show just leans into the tropes, like Frankie and Will having a moment while trapped in the flooding vault. "Your big, dumb heart isn't necessarily your worst quality." And Will's smile under the water. 

This show is honestly just a lot of fun.

Yep!! And this week's episode was better than the pilot.  As long as one doesn't take it too seriously this is a great hour of television!! 

• Love 2

That was a charming mix of fluffy, fun and awesome - good enough for me to watch it with my private stash of handwavium. There are not that many light-hearted shows around and so I treat every effort in that direction with utmost care 😁

Of course there's a good chance this will sooner or later fall victim to the Moonlighting curse but it looks like a fun ride until we get there. The best antidote for the curse is having a good strong team - that's where the many Leverage comparisons being made here come in. It's something Castle had right in the beginning and then more or less dropped the ball. Bones was a bit better in that regard. We'll see how it works out here.

And the music selection is fantastic. They got me hooked with Karel Gott's German version of 'Paint it Black' in the pilot - beyond awesome and almost impossible to explain to anybody who did not grow up with lots of Czech/German co-productions for kiddies tv. And they followed it up by having a Czech version of 'How Deep is your Love'. I really hope they keep the quirky cover songs a thing and can't wait to see  hear what they dig up for an Italian location!

• Love 4

Episode 4 press release & promos,

EVEN THE CITY OF LOVE CAN’T STOP WILL AND FRANKIE FROM WEDDING CRASHING AND ENDLESS CLASHING ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC’S ‘WHISKEY CAVALIER,’ WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20

"Mrs. & Mr. Trowbridge" - Will and Frankie head to Paris where they must grudgingly POSE as a married couple to infiltrate a wedding and capture a genocidal Romanian general on "Whiskey Cavalier," airing WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

6BA2387E-19D0-4115-BEF3-EDD5E8D93A91.jpeg

E5782AEE-3AFB-4016-A798-1AB75A84E2FA.jpeg

73AAF44D-3F0D-4D42-9C39-AF068B57E1DD.jpeg

0183FC1C-23C8-408F-8255-0C5A6E07ADF1.jpeg

DFD74D48-A46D-43C6-BF59-B962A9ED3D1A.jpeg

5E3101B9-7EF6-40A7-910C-78A2F666205C.jpeg

FAD0F357-69B7-4131-BEB2-AC9FC7447C5A.jpeg

5267FC8B-068B-48E2-A05B-32D0100C8117.jpeg

258E8742-11F6-485D-8EEE-DFEED1A30B36.jpeg

AA969CC6-39D3-425C-9367-56D789114A7C.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

I love this show already. I love that they're going full-on trope-y goodness from the very beginning. I don't need every show I watch to be the greatest show on TV. Sometimes, I just need a show that is ridiculous and enjoyable to watch. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, AmandaPanda said:

I love this show already. I love that they're going full-on trope-y goodness from the very beginning. I don't need every show I watch to be the greatest show on TV. Sometimes, I just need a show that is ridiculous and enjoyable to watch. 

Exactly why I have been in love with Gotham for 5 seasons!  Steer into the crazy and I'm here for the duration.

Edited by Ailianna
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

I don't need every show I watch to be the greatest show on TV.

Sing it!

Maybe it's because this the kind of TV I grew up on, but I'm starting to think I don't need ANY show to have the greatest acting, best cinematography, most expensive sets, twistiest plots, or heavily feature the interior lives of characters with deep emotional trauma.

Just keep me entertained for 42 minutes and let's all move on!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 15

The show is reminding me of Private Eyes, a Canadian show that airs on ION.

Both mix lightness with a "case of the week".  And they are good at it.

They are both reminiscent of early Castle and a bit of the Mentalist.

Such a relief as I am heartily sick of the "giant disaster of the week" shows with DRAMA, ACTION and SERIOUS PEOPLE SAVING HUMANITY!

Live long Whiskey Cavalier.

• Love 6
On 3/7/2019 at 4:13 AM, Happy Harpy said:

Oh, and the credits. I love the credits

Yes, they should definitely be nominated for an award. The music fits perfectly. 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:37 PM, raven said:

was surprised Susan fell for Edgar BSing her with the "mom didn't love me so I lie" stuff.

I'm surprised she didn't check out the background of the people new to her in the team, the way she did with Frankie. I would think that would be an automatic thing the team psychologist would do.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Yes, they should definitely be nominated for an award. The music fits perfectly. 

+1 for the credits. The moment I heard that song in the pilot I thought, “This had better be the permanent intro song for the show.” It is indeed perfect.

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, Loandbehold said:

Is there an episode this week (3/13)?

1.3: "When in Rome"
https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH02970552&tmsId=EP029705520004

Will and Frankie continue to clash, and their growing pains may jeopardize the team's next mission in Rome, where they are sent to prevent a terrorist attack.

Edited by shapeshifter
board software made link into smilie frown
  • Useful 1
On 3/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, dvil said:

All the mentions of Lauren Cohan being on The Walking Dead make me want to point out that Tyler James Williams was also a regular on TWD.

I was going to point that out last week. 🙂 I like him. 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:39 AM, Anela said:

I was going to point that out last week. 🙂 I like him

And just like her, he seems to have been given a decent character to work with.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Really enjoying this show.  It's so campy, fun and entertaining.  Love the team.  I liked Tyler James Williams on both "The Walking Dead" and the sadly cancelled "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders", which, like this show, was another show featuring a lot of travel porn (even if apparently most of it was amazingly faked and created on a set, so the cast never apparently filmed on location).

I am more than willing to give a handwave to any of the technical errors and items that can't really exist, or the errors in FBI/CIA protocol etc.  

I forget, why is Josh Hopkins called "Dime Eyes"?  I presume it is because of his small, beady eyes.  I remember him being called that when he was on "Quantico" but don't remember the origin.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:35 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Not to get all ethnic here, but she WAS a blonde.  Sure, she was African American, but being of mixed race myself, I would prefer her being called by that description rather than "I got the Black chick" or they could have simply stated I've got the woman.   So, I think of it as a plus.

I agree... I was expecting them to say "I've got the black girl" and I thought it was nice that they acted like there was nothing unusual about a black female assassin with dyed blonde hair that they didn't even notice her race.  For an assassin, she sure was a bit naive in that I would expect her to have multiple clips and recognise that a CIA agent might have the same.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I forget, why is Josh Hopkins called "Dime Eyes"?  I presume it is because of his small, beady eyes.  I remember him being called that when he was on "Quantico" but don't remember the origin.

Hopkins played the boyfriend, later fiancé, of Courteney Cox's main character on Bill Lawrence's sitcom Cougar Town; Ellie, the caustic best friend of Cox's character, called Hopkins' character "Tiny Eyes" pretty consistently. I think she threw "Dime Eyes" into the mix occasionally. (In her defense, Ellie was a truly horrible person.)

Just want to say one thing I had forgotten to mention - and this is so dorky, but here it is! - I love that this show has OPENING CREDITS. It touches bases on all the other old TV tropes, so why not that, too? It just made me smile. Seeing them a minute ago reminded me I had forgotten that in my prior post.

• Love 10

Good parallel of the opening mission being a test that the team kept failing only to succeed during the real, and very similar, mission at the end. 

Ray continues trying to hard and making everything about him. He deserves to be hung up on. 

Edgar was hilarious as always. "No habla ingles...I don't speak Spanish either." Jai trolling him by giving him the tiny gun was  great. 

So Frankie was an assassin before joining the CIA. That I didn't expect. Will was right: "You have nice friends." Love that Frankie's version of a heartfelt confession is "I think you're a capable agent."

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

Hopkins played the boyfriend, later fiancé, of Courteney Cox's main character on Bill Lawrence's sitcom Cougar Town; Ellie, the caustic best friend of Cox's character, called Hopkins' character "Tiny Eyes" pretty consistently. I think she threw "Dime Eyes" into the mix occasionally. (In her defense, Ellie was a truly horrible person.)

Whenever he pops out I always shout “tiny eyes or down eyes”, most recently during a rewatch of The Perfect Storm where he has a part the size of his eyes!

Episode 01.03, "When In Rome"

letter-d.jpg

You know, I never thought I'd ever say this about a "serious" show like this one but...

They really could learn a lot from Seth MacFarlane.

Well, OK...let me clarify. They could learn a lot from MacFarlane's The Orville.

I'm going to qualify this by stating that this is by no means a suggestion that The Orville is some kind of "Hollywood gold standard"- as good as the show is, their stories do suffer from a lack of depth. They're a little too straightforward.

...but...

In an industry that is plagued by writers who feel they need to be grandiose and have to hit you, the viewer, with so many different twists and turns and feints and so...much...elaborateness...when you get something like The Orville where the plot is easy to follow along and the characters don't try to do too much, it's refreshing.

Which is what this show really needs to learn- Keep it simple, stupid.

What sold me on this show was the concept of two leads who kept each other on their toes because they're just so great at trading jabs with each other. They're like Holmes and Watson on ElementaryThe Mentalist's Jane and Lisbon, Bones' Booth and Brennan...a Moonlighting for the modern age.

Basically...a married couple that doesn't yet realize they're married yet.

While that has, largely, played out because of Scott Foley's chemistry with Lauren Cohan, what is holding this show down is this incessant need to pile on layers after layers that just wind up bogging down the finished product.

Fine...Frankie just might be afraid to get too close to Will for...whatever reason. She bonds with him but she constantly fights it because those kinds of bonds have hurt her and her partner in the past, and she doesn't want to get hurt again.

Fine.

...but you can still show all that without turning Frankie into a petulant child who puts her own feelings and her own ego over the needs of the case and the mission.

How many times did Frankie do something just for the sake of "doing it her way" that nearly destroyed the whole mission (like drawing attention to herself by stabbing Andrews in the arm)?

Did she also have to keep on telling Will that "no, we're not bonding"? Once or twice was all we need.

Then, of course, there's Will, who never seemed to stop telling people how charming he is. If Foley wasn't actually charming, those repeated lines would be more than just irritating.

More than irritating was Standish's repeated insistence that he gets a gun...where he fires said gun to no effect and proves why he's not yet ready to handle one.

OK, look...I don't get why this guy is even in the field without gun clearance (you never saw Penelope Garcia in the field for that reason), but if that's how the show wants to roll...fine. Just don't have Standish act whiny and maverick-y to the point where he, like Frankie, could sabotage the mission.

The coup de grace, though, is that- yet again- the show tries too hard to make this band of agents- supposedly the "brightest agents in America"- into some kind of "lovable band of idiots" by making them blunder their way through their missions and barely escape by the skin of their teeth.

Hello? Hey guys- I know it's "funny to see people fail"...but you seriously undermine your team's credibility if they can't do anything as simple as tying their shoes without tripping over themselves over and over again. I said it last week- I shouldn't be asking the question "why would I want to hire these guys?" so early in a show's run.

Make this group competent. Establish the characters. Plant a few seeds here and there, yes, but don't think you have to reveal all in one episode- let your show grow.

Organically. That's how we're going to fall in love with these characters.

Simply put, I came here for a show about two snarky co-leads who kick the butts of the world's worst criminals and may or may not want to do something, ahem, to each other's butts, even if they initially deny it.

So give me that show. Don't pile on the troubles and the issues before you've established the characters- give them issues only after you've developed them.

Otherwise, there will be hardly a reason to care.

• Love 6

Episode 3

That bomb seemed huge, were those gear-like things on the side part of the bomb as well?

At least they saved the poor little orphan girl at the end, did the show really need to kill her father, instead if just wounding him?

• Love 3
On 3/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, newyawk said:

I really, really liked WC right from the getgo. I wish this was the followup show Nathan Fillion had gotten after Castle. I think this show is a winner.

Given the number of complaints on The Rookie forum about NF not being fit enough to be credible as a cop, I'd think we'd see the same kinds of complaints here.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:14 AM, MissLucas said:

And the music selection is fantastic. They got me hooked with Karel Gott's German version of 'Paint it Black' in the pilot - beyond awesome and almost impossible to explain to anybody who did not grow up with lots of Czech/German co-productions for kiddies tv. And they followed it up by having a Czech version of 'How Deep is your Love'. I really hope they keep the quirky cover songs a thing and can't wait to see  hear what they dig up for an Italian location!

Thank you! I tried to find it on YouTube but didn't find this version. I grew up in Germany, and think German is the absolute perfect language for this song. 😉

T

35 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Thank you! I tried to find it on YouTube but didn't find this version. I grew up in Germany, and think German is the absolute perfect language for this song. 😉

LOL! That never occurred to me - I was just so confused by the song that I checked with tunefind. It's from the album 'In mir klingt ein Lied' (2009) still available on amazon. I can find the song on youtube without problems but maybe it won't show up if you're US based.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 1

A lot that was enjoyable about this but a) you didn't need to bring the father to pick up the little girl, or he should have been in the van. b) dude is trying too hard to force the "family" team thing, pretty sure if I heard that speech the first week working with someone I'd roll my eyes too.

If computer guy has not been gun trained he does not get a gun. Period. Sign him up for training, sure.

• Love 8

I'm in it for the scenery, but how can they go around shooting people in public all over the world without causing an international incident? And never any local cops around.

Will Smith, I mean Standish, was annoying in this episode. I was hoping he'd get shot, so he would realize it isn't a joke or cool to go around shooting guns.

• Love 2

They are trying to flesh out the team and probable kinks and it mostly worked. I was a bit taken aback by Will's 'You were an assassin' after observing that Frankie was on a first name basis with the henchman. Since they did not exchange more than simple greetings that felt like a mighty jump to conclusions. I had simply assumed they had crossed paths on one of her prior missions. But since they followed up with the whole assassin thing later when she admitted to being a killer (probably government sanctioned). I guess Will's fabled instinct was right 😀

Since it's an action comedy I'm willing to let their wild breaches of all sort of diplomatic protocol go - for the moment. 

I didn't spot a crazy cover song this week but my knowledge of Italo Pop is very limited.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2