Type keyword(s) to search

Whiskey Cavalier - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Spain, Trains, and Automobiles" - Will, Frankie and Susan are joined by Will's new girlfriend, MI6 agent Emma Davies, as they head to Spain on a mission to retrieve a case of plutonium from the wrong hands,

10 hours ago, Camera One said:

Standish suddenly being okay to shoot someone in cold blood

Seems to me that shooting someone who is armed and actively shooting at your unarmed partner does not really qualify as "in cold blood".

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, UncleChuck said:

Seems to me that shooting someone who is armed and actively shooting at your unarmed partner does not really qualify as "in cold blood".

I probably should have chosen different words.  It was definitely justified; he just seemed to do it without much emotion or hesitation.  For the character as shown so far, it shouldn't be as easy as it was portrayed, since we haven't seen him do any training after his disaster in Episode 2.  He also didn't seem to be affected by it afterward, unless they plan to explore this next week.

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I probably should have chosen different words.  It was definitely justified; he just seemed to do it without much emotion or hesitation.  For the character as shown so far, it shouldn't be as easy as it was portrayed, since we haven't seen him do any training after his disaster in Episode 2.  He also didn't seem to be affected by it afterward, unless they plan to explore this next week.

There were a couple of seconds after Standish shot the guy in which the camera stayed on Standish's face, with him having a look that spoke to his being freaked out about killing someone. 
But then that was it.
Carry on with babies and whatnot.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this episode, so many funny lines but the best one was when the team got into the RV and Standish said "the toilet's IN the shower.  What a time saver!"  Susan: "guess I won't be taking a shower".

I continue to enjoy the interactions of the team.  Even Jai was tolerable this episode.  Also loving the locales and scenery.

I find it odd that this bar in New York ("Dead Drop Bar") is apparently just out in the open.  We saw Ray unlocking the door but then later we saw Emma just stroll in.  No security or anything.  So what happens if a random off the street wants to check out this bar he's never been in?

Enjoyed seeing Marika Dominczyk.  If this series lasts long enough, and her character recurs, it'd be great if they could get her sister Dagmara and her husband Patrick Wilson guesting on the show as well.  How cool would that be for them to have all four of them working together.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:29 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

It felt like Frankie had a complete personality overhaul and it confused me. 

Oh my goodness, yes. She was so pleasant. It was completely jarring.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Myrrhine said:

Oh my goodness, yes. She was so pleasant. It was completely jarring.

You mean other than the time Will asked her to be "Friendly"?  I think she was subconsciously competing with Emma.  I'm just weirded out by her and her BFF Susan.  I like that they talk, but it was not part of her character in the beginning.  I get that they will all learn to adapt to each other like any team should.  Frankie never struck me as a "Let's have a girl chat about boys" type.  it's cool if they want to go in that direction, it's just that, again, there is no progression with these characters.  They're like the Sour Patch kids, "First they're sour, then they're sweet!"  All of this attitude shifting takes place in a couple of episodes with nothing in between.

• Love 3
On 4/4/2019 at 6:34 PM, meira.hand said:

I was especially amused with the interactions as she is Scott Foley's wife IRL.

Thanks, I did not know that!  I thought "boy, she's great at stunts", but maybe she just has a great stuntwoman double.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:29 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

It felt like Frankie had a complete personality overhaul and it confused me.

Me too. And while I wasn't thrilled with her personality before, the neutral one is...well, neutral.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:27 AM, shapeshifter said:

For those who don't want to see any babies on their screens, the scene in the orphanage-type place where they were keeping them must've been torture. I'm neutral about babies, but that scene with the crying of unseen babies went on way too long for this sort of show.

I don't mind babies in shows - but that scene was torture for me because of the conditions the kids were in (not to mention that they're kidnapped).

On 4/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, MissLucas said:

Watching Hawaii Five-0 for the past couple of years has been a good training for handwaving such ethical details . On a more serious note: I watch this like I'd watch a cartoon - the bad guys had it coming, might as well drop a piano on them!

I stopped watching Five-0 because I got tired of them for that, but mostly for them torturing people and calling it good. To me the difference between these shows is that Five-0 more or less took itself seriously, whereas this show is more a cartoon version of agents afield.

Also, for me, the difference between shooting the underlings and not shooting Vlad was that the underlings were shot while they were actively engaged in a shoot-out, whereas they had captured Vlad. So it was the difference between killing in combat and executing prisoners. It's a fine line, but that's the difference I see.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I stopped watching Five-0 because I got tired of them for that, but mostly for them torturing people and calling it good. To me the difference between these shows is that Five-0 more or less took itself seriously, whereas this show is more a cartoon version of agents afield.

Five-0 works best when it's not taking itself too seriously (the Elvis impersonator episode is my favorite) - sadly that does not happen on a regular basis. Just to be clear I wasn't talking about torture scenes but excessive shootouts, car chases, reckless usage of explosive devices etc. The torture scenes are definitely a step too far. I can't imagine this show ever crossing that particular line *keeps fingers crossed*

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

So it was the difference between killing in combat and executing prisoners.

Is the CIA and the FBI authorized to "take prisoners" on foreign soil?  

I know the FBI has powers of arrest, but I doubt it extends outside the USA.  And I don't think the CIA has powers of arrest anywhere, seeing as how they aren't even allowed to operate within the USA at all, and their every action overseas probably considered illegal in whichever country they happen to be in.  But, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...

I seem to recall a hullaballoo a while back when the SAS, operating in the med somewhere and caught a bunch of terrorist bombers and killed them.  The apologists wanted to know why the terrorists hadn't simply been arrested.  The man in the black balaclava said they weren't police with powers of arrest, they were soldiers, carrying out a military operation.

Personally, I think that if the bad guys flee, the best way to prevent their escape is a head-shot.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I seem to recall a hullaballoo a while back when the SAS, operating in the med somewhere and caught a bunch of terrorist bombers and killed them.  

It was actually in Gibraltar, which is a British overseas territory, the victims were members of the IRA, Belfast.                                                

Every British citizen does have the power of arrest over any other citizen in the U.K.,police officers included, which is called amazingly a ‘citizen’s arrest’  I wonder if that applies to Gibraltar, the soldier may have been incorrect, but I think they chose the best option in the end, people wanting to plant bombs deserve only one outcome.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Is the CIA and the FBI authorized to "take prisoners" on foreign soil?  

I know the FBI has powers of arrest, but I doubt it extends outside the USA.  And I don't think the CIA has powers of arrest anywhere, seeing as how they aren't even allowed to operate within the USA at all, and their every action overseas probably considered illegal in whichever country they happen to be in.  But, I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...

I seem to recall a hullaballoo a while back when the SAS, operating in the med somewhere and caught a bunch of terrorist bombers and killed them.  The apologists wanted to know why the terrorists hadn't simply been arrested.  The man in the black balaclava said they weren't police with powers of arrest, they were soldiers, carrying out a military operation.

Personally, I think that if the bad guys flee, the best way to prevent their escape is a head-shot.

I was using the combat/prisoner metaphorically to describe why killing Vlad at the end would not be quite the same thing as killing him when guns were blazing. 

I doubt this show pays any attention to the legal aspects. Though the Looming Towers series, based on real events spent a fair bit of time explaining that... which I have since forgotten, except for a vague memory that there were situations where the FBI could operate and arrest on foreign soil.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It was actually in Gibraltar, which is a British overseas territory, the victims were members of the IRA, Belfast.

That's right -- the details are returning to me.

people wanting to plant bombs deserve only one outcome.

An "Own Goal" is best...

• Love 1

It was cute how Frankie was so proud of Will for hating Jimmy and how Will punched him because Frankie would be disappointed if he didn't. 

Susan was a good friend, trying to help Standish talk to Tina. Tina and Susan's conversation was the best: "If I knew you were from Brooklyn I never would've choked you out like that." It seems like they're trying to set up something with Ray and Susan and I'm not sure how I feel about that considering Ray's betrayal of Will and Susan being Will's best friend. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, phalange said:

It seems like they're trying to set up something with Ray and Susan and I'm not sure how I feel about that considering Ray's betrayal of Will and Susan being Will's best friend. 

Yeah, when I saw what looked like a Ray-Susan flirtation, I hoped that Will's ex would be revealed to be a spy.

Speaking of spies: I'm also expecting Emma to confess to spying on them but that she really did fall in love with Will.

• Love 4

I wonder if this show has a Spotify playlist? I love this shows music and all the different versions of different songs in different languages. Loved that version of Happy Together!

Oh yes, so now its "stuck in a place together due to the cold until new girlfriend arrives and its awkward" trope time! Really, they showed admirable restraint in not having Will and Frankie having to snuggle together to preserve body heat! Loved how Frankie was so proud that Will actually hated everyone, and how much she enjoyed his hatred of this guy. 

I about died when they cut to Standish in that The Ladies Man get up, with Groove is the the Heart blasting in the background! Yeah, not the best look. 

So are they setting up a Ray and Susan thing? I can appreciate that Ray is trying to be a better guy, and the team cant just keep hating him forever on a practical level (except for Will and Frankie), but he still had an affair with Wills finance and caused the break up of his engagement not too long ago, and Susan is his best friend. Thats got to be against the friend code. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wonder if this show has a Spotify playlist? I love this shows music and all the different versions of different songs in different languages. Loved that version of Happy Together!

This was a great question, so I checked. And there is! Of course, the songs from this episode are not on it (maybe they will be added later?), but there is a pretty good list of songs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So are they setting up a Ray and Susan thing? I can appreciate that Ray is trying to be a better guy, and the team cant just keep hating him forever on a practical level (except for Will and Frankie), but he still had an affair with Wills finance and caused the break up of his engagement not too long ago, and Susan is his best friend. Thats got to be against the friend code. 

As I watched the episode, I was screaming at the TV, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Susan and Ray, please, dear writers, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, put Susan and Ray together.  I'm surprised the show kept up the Ray and Ken joke/situation throughout the whole episode.

I really liked this episode as both Will and Frankie were actually acting according to type.  No ridiculous personality shifts.  Everyone acted like they were originally written.  Emo WIll, dangerously violent Frankie, Fastidious Jai, Hot and perceptive Susan, Buffoonish Eddie Murphy Standish (Who I find ridiculously sterotypical), and Dickwad Ray missing all the clues.  I liked how Frankie was feeding into Will's burning hatred of the bad guy, unfortunately, that only tipped Emma that Frankie may have a deeper understanding of Will than she does and probably views Frankie as an even greater threat to her relationship with Will.

And, of course, who doesn't love a good bar fight played out with beautiful choreography and the resounding beats of ZZ Top jamming in the background.  It was a glorious fight and it seems to be their signature "Cold Open".  All of that leading into their theme music of "Love Me Again", by John Newman.  This is the stuff that's fun to watch.  Admittedly, Will and Frankie are seriously in sync and have reached a point where they know what the other is thinking.

BTW, what's the reason for Emma's talk with Frankie in the car?  Was she trying to find out where Frankie's head/heart is at with regards to Will?  Emma has a "Tell" when she's secretly prying, she rubs the tip of her nose.

Nice episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Love 6

Thanks tennisgurl and WendyCR72, your question and finds led me to the fact that Spotify, which is trying to get into the podcast game, also streams the Whiskey Cavalier Afterbuzz TV 's podcast.  I subscribe to most of their TV podcasts and this is just another good one to add to my Playlist.

• Love 3

Has the board discussed WC's gentle handling of Gender Discrimination?  Well done show. None of the ham-fisted approach by other shows.  Discreet and is Emo-Will approved.  He can't be too emo if it took both Susan and Frankie to explain things to him.

• Love 2

Some scoop from TV Line:

Loving Whiskey Cavalier so far, hoping it gets renewed. Any scoop on what’s ahead? –Jean

I am hearing that although Will and Emma are all “champagne and roses” right now — and while Frankie actually seems to be Team Emma — things could change for everyone in a heartbeat, so get ready for some shocking twists and turns… and an unexpected hook-up.

• Useful 3
29 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

and an unexpected hook-up.

That unexpected hook-up better not be Susan and Ray or I'm out.  Susan, has been depicted as a very intelligent and perceptive woman who is well observant in body language.  There's NO way she would hook up with anyone on the team except Will and most definitely NOT Ray.  Hell, I don't even understand how Will's fiancé wound up in an affair with Ray.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Still learning how to spell Hell
5 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

That unexpected hook-up better not be Susan and Ray or I'm out.  Susan, has been depicted as a very intelligent and perceptive woman who is well observant in body language.  There's NO way she would hook up with anyone on the team except Will and most definitely NOT Ray.  Hell, I don't even understand how Will's fiancé wound up in an affair with Ray.

Many at the TV Line site were speculating about Susan and Ray. One person said perhaps Susan would be the person to help Will forgive Ray. Is it them? Don't know. But it seems possible.

• Useful 1

Helping Ray not be such an ass and clueless, is fine.  That is quite different than a "hook-up", which to me is a deal-breaker.  I know it would seem unreasonable for someone to quit on a show because of an unfavorable romantic relationship, but it just ruins any respect I have for the production.  I lost faith and stopped watching "Wynonna Earp" because the writers fucked up the whole Wynonna/Dolls non-relationship tease and ended up killing Dolls off.

Will has really put extensive thought into a marriage with Frankie. I knew one of them would be the other's Secret Santa, and a necklace with the bullet Frankie shot him with is very them. 

They're definitely setting up Ray and Susan for a relationship. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, but maybe Will won't be as upset as we think since it seems like he's starting to forgive him. And of course he sat with Ray after he was shot; Will really is a good guy. 

Best line was Jai saying Standish is going to be jealous that he got to shoot Todd. Also Will switching the files on the ring with pictures of him at Disneyland. 

• Love 6

Todd! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Standish really is going to be disappointed that Jai got to shoot him. That was a great shot, Jai, like damn. Was the stapler that big of a deal, Todd?

As much as the "evil genius in prison manipulates the team by playing on their insecurities" plot is used over and over, I still thought it was used pretty well here, and added a bit more drama and intensity to the show. And having a reoccurring enemy is a solid idea, as long as they dont overuse him. I mean, whats a spy show without a shadowy cabal of bad guys intent on world domination. 

Ray is a goober, and I dont want a Susan/Ray hook up at all, but he did do pretty good at the end of the episode, and of course Will still stayed by his side after he got shot, even after what he did. 

The bullet that Frankie shot Will with as a necklace was weirdly adorable. 

• Love 6

I loved the bullet necklace deal, too. It was sweet without being syrupy which so is not them. So I like that an old gift trope was executed (pardon the pun!) so well. After tonight, I don't think Will will (hee!) be as upset about any Susan/Ray deal, assuming they are the surprise hookup, since tonight seemed to lay the foundation of Will forgiving Ray.

Jai is an awesome shot. Standish will definitely be jealous. Speaking of which, I also think he and his girlfriend are cute together.

And I like how the show already managed to have a Christmas episode while not Christmastime. It's yet another example of this show reveling in the tropes while managing to also put them on its ear.

• Love 9

I really enjoyed this episode even though Todd was obviously going to be a bad guy the second he appeared last week. I also appreciated that Frankie really did shoot Will!

Re: "surprise hook up": My husband turned to me after the episode and said, "I can't believe I'm team Ray/Susan!! Who authorized this??"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I enjoyed this episode too, thought it was one of their better ones. 

I missed most of last week's episode due to bad weather messing with satellite signal so it was a pleasure just to be able to watch the whole thing.

Edited by Trey

taken from http://thesearchforbluejello.tumblr.com/post/183711274846/alright-fandom-buckle-the-hell-up-because

Gosh darn it, Peggy.

Perpetual philosopher, chronically bored. Jo, she/her.

Perpetual philosopher, chronically bored. Jo, she/her.

ask me anything

rss

archive

Alright fandom, buckle the hell up because @tyrsenian @therumour and @alonereed and I just uncovered a conspiracy that will blow your mind. (Okay, not really, but we feel like secret agents, or I do at least, so humor us.) Again, no page breaks on mobile. Sorry.

We all know the pilot of Whiskey Cavalier is the pilot. It’s a straight set up, building the charactes and at the very end building the team. But that’s where this wild ride begins. At the very end of the episode, they say that they’re going to London to uncover a sleeper cell.

That’s a bit weird, given that in “When in Rome” while they’re discussing exactly why it is that their team is in danger of being disbanded, Susan says that their first mission was a disaster, a comment upon which Frankie elaborates with details about the mission from “The Czech List.” (Notice how I’m using episode titles here instead of short handing with the numbers? Good. Hold that thought.) This can pretty easily be explained away by the beginning of “When in Rome” itself; their training excercises are in London, facing off against a faux terrorist cell. We can use this to understand that the “mission” they’re headed on at the end of the pilot is actually a training mission, only this first time they don’t know it’s a training. We know from “When in Rome” that they’ve run it at the very least more than once, but it seems by the faux-prime minister’s phrasing that they’ve done it a few times now, so this pretty neatly explains away that discrepancy.

However.

There are some major red flags in “The Czech List” the become glaringly obvious when you stare right at them. First is the fact that in the scene where Hannah and Karen run from the van, Standish can be seen next to Susan in the background as Will and Frankie give chase, and Standish very clearly has a gun. That might not raise any concerns until “When in Rome,” when we find out that Standish has not until this point been allowed a weapon. That seems to be just a discrepancy in continuity, but things get weirder.

As @auraispurple pointed out to @alonereed, Will says he stole the lemon verbena soap from the hotel in Rome, which they don’t stay in until “When in Rome.” This could potentially be explained by saying that they had a long layover or something, but it definitely points at a weird directionality here. @alonereed is right to point out that there’s a strange shift between “The Czech List” to “When in Rome”… this shift creates a slight hitch in the character dynamic between the episodes that seems almost just like a show finding its feet at first glance, except…

Something that always sat oddly with me and I think a lot of others is how we get the whole, “Don’t make this a big final moment thing, Will, don’t” line from Frankie in “The Czech List” and it seems almost too much to soon from Frankie “I don’t do emotional attatchments” Trowbridge. But here’s the kicker.

This show is overt on some levels and subtle on others. We see Frankie in the pilot with Will as her mark in the bar in Moscow, saying that she (as her cover) is in Moscow for a conference on art history, and we find out in “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge” that Will studied art history in college (but majored in English, if David Hemingson’s twitter is to be believed), so she’s not only done her homework (she even says she read his file, which is thorough enough that she knows he paid off Gigi’s student loans) but the writers have done their homework on ironing out their continuity as well. You might be asking what this has to do with the weird tonal hiccups between “The Czech List” and “When in Rome.” Well, that’s what we’re about to see.

In “The Czech List” we see not only the goof with Standish, but also a really pointed joke Will makes just after Stavros is killed, asking whether or not Frankie knows the assassin who had just shot him. Frankie’s snarky response is, “I don’t know every assassin,” a line which seems oddly defensive in response to an oddly pointed question. This might seem like foreshadowing to the reveal of her background in “When in Rome,” but if we consider the fact that Will, when he feels betrayed in “Mr. and Mrs. Trowbridge” turns into a Grade A petty bitch (and we all love him the more for it, don’t even deny it) exemplified by not only by the situations in which he “accidentally” hits Vasily with the shotgun and then uses the commotion at the wedding as an opportunity to punch him in the face, but also how he lashes out at Frankie and Susan, we can see that his questioning Frankie about the assassin isn’t weirdly pointed, it’s a deliberate dig at her. This also explains why she’s so defensive in her response; this isn’t a new conversation for them, but rather a still sensitive topic from it being revealed by necessity in “When in Rome.”

The episodes are out of order.

This explains the dissent about methodology that seems to be building quickly to a boiling point in “When in Rome” but worked out with some trust in “The Czech List.” We see Will going so far as to take the magazine out of Frankie’s pistol, not exactly a move someone does to their partner, and yet there’s no real reason for Will to have lost the trust built between them in “The Czech List,” if that was actually first, not even the fact that Frankie has had to reveal her rather questionable pre-CIA activities. In “The Czech List” we hear Will say that they have to get Stavros, and specifies, “Alive, Frankie.” We know from the pilot that Frankie is willing to do anything for the mission, but that line seems almost too harsh given only that information, until you realize that this is Will “petty bitch” Chase still hurting from thinking he was starting to get to know Frankie and getting that bomb dropped on him in Rome instead. He does pretty clearly start trusting her in “The Czech List,” showing it when he listens to her direction on how to talk to Karen. There’s a lot of tension in the team in “The Czech List,” don’t get me wrong, and that can pretty easily be read as building to the blow out in “When in Rome.” But on the other hand, it seems easier to see the team’s growing pains when we look at “When in Rome” first. A great place to look at this is, as aforementioned, with Frankie’s admission of jealousy in the bank vault.

After her fight with Will and their reconciliation under the threat of impending death my chemical bomb, the admission starts making a little more sense. It starts making a LOT more sense if we consider the scene with Isabella, where Frankie admits to having “a soft spot.” She’s trying to connect with Will, just a little, adding in a backhanded, snarky comment (“you’ve got hundreds of them”) to maintain his distance at arm’s legth, but the attempt is there. Her admission in the bank vault is a bigger gesture, again under the threat of death. When it follows the smaller attempt at genuine connection, it makes more sense than it does as a sudden announcement in the episode immediately following the pilot. We also see Will reference having saved her life in France repeatedly in “When in Rome,” but not in “The Czech List,” as though he’s finally dropped it (at least for now).

Furthermore, this order makes the whiplash moving into “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge” a little less. We see in “The Czech List” when taken as the third episode (“When in Rome” being the second) how Frankie and Will are beginning to learn how to connect and work together, but not with enough progress to not be fighting over having to pretend to be married to each other. It also shows how Will trusting Frankie in the field is a step forward until their blow out over their cover as spouses takes them a full step back again to where they were in “When in Rome.”

After this piece by piece reconstruction took place, @therumour confirmed the episodes are numbered differently than the aired order on their tv, a fact which @whiskeycav then confirmed for us for certain.

However.

Even when we set the episodes in order of the pilot, “When in Rome,” “The Czech List,” and “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge,” there’s still a bit of a disconnect between Frankie and Will’s budding partnership and the Grade A USDA Certified UST™️ in “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge.” Even as early as what seems to me to have become known in much of the fandom as The Infamously Unnecessary But Excellent Laser Dancing Scene™️, we see a lot of UST specifically with Frankie’s attention on Will, something which doesn’t quite follow from “The Czech List.” There’s obviously reshoots/added scenes to piece the episodes in the aired order (like Susan saying their “first mission” in reference to “The Czech List, which is actually episode three), but let’s not underestimate our writers here. This is character-driven fiction, where our plots are vital but secondary to the character development, which drives the plot and operates within its structure. They’re sure as all hell not ingoring the UST and developing relationship between Will and Frankie– that’s what this whole show is about. We should be seeing some kind of transition there, between "The Czech List” and “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge”, and it’s missing.

There’s an episode missing. An episode that hasn’t aired yet.

This is confirmed by the fact that “Mrs. and Mr. Trowbridge” is, in fact, episode five. Episode four in the actual run of episodes hasn’t aired yet.

Which begs the question: what the hell happens between Will and Frankie in that episode?

TL;DR

1) The episodes are airing out of order, but ironed out with connectivity pieces inserted to make this order make sense.

2) Will Chase is a petty bitch and if you don’t love him you’re wrong.

3) The writing in this show is so excellent that you can pick out the details and form this kind of analysis, like we did in the group chat, piecing together evidence to form a correct(!) conclusion because they’re giving us high enough quality content to work with.

4) The episodes make more sense in the original order, so what exactly is happening here is beyond any of us.

5) What the FUCK happens in episode 4 in the original sequence???????????

• Love 1

Damn the shadowy cabal has some fine intelligence. Will's old boss knew everything about everyone on the team even though they came from different agencies and were put together after he had been "killed."

Aww, Will gave Frankie a bullet necklace. He likes her and she was definitely touched by the thoughtfulness of the gift. 

So, we're moving towards Will and Frankie, Ray and Susan, and Standish and the CIA freelancer. Who will be Jai's paramour?

Ray really came through for Susan and the team and Jai is a fantastic shot.

All in all, an enjoyable episode. Light-hearted death and intrigue. Keep it up show.

• Love 1

Frankie is lucky Ollerman didn't decide to put a bullet in Will just to make sure he was dead.

Will should have found a way to change the rules and use the bullet for a mistletoe.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Frankie is lucky Ollerman didn't decide to put a bullet in Will just to make sure he was dead.

That's what I was thinking too.  I thought maybe Frankie changed the bullets for blanks.  What if Ollerman had been so mad at Will that he just shot off three rounds into his chest.  Yeah, he's already dead, but I don't care, this is what I think of him.

I guess this qualifies as a bottle episode.  I didn't like it so much, part of what I love about this show is the scenery.  I know it's all filmed in Prague and the surrounding area, but they've done such a great job taking the team to so many different locales, that it was really obvious when the team didn't even get outside.

50 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I know it's all filmed in Prague and the surrounding area, but they've done such a great job taking the team to so many different locales, that it was really obvious when the team didn't even get outside.

There was a lot of outdoors scenes, the sniper shooting up the convoy. Lots of snowy mountain roads and trees filmed from high in the air.

8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

There was a lot of outdoors scenes, the sniper shooting up the convoy. Lots of snowy mountain roads and trees filmed from high in the air.

Ah, right haha, I guess I blanked on all that.

25 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So the gloved shooter who is working with Ollerman is either Will's MI6 girlfriend or Standish's CIA girlfriend.

Someone I talk to about this show also suggested that it's GiGi. Which would be interesting for the Will and Ray friendship I think. 

Next week's episode was the original fourth episode for the show. I wonder how it will fit into the show now and if it will be noticeable. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HighHopes said:

So the gloved shooter who is working with Ollerman is either Will's MI6 girlfriend or Standish's CIA girlfriend.

Someone I talk to about this show also suggested that it's GiGi. Which would be interesting for the Will and Ray friendship I think. 

Next week's episode was the original fourth episode for the show. I wonder how it will fit into the show now and if it will be noticeable. 

I don't think its Standish's girlfriend because its Foley's wife and since she moved to Europe and essentially out of work, I can't see this.  MI-6 or GiGi would be more angsty for Will.  MI-6 would be difficult for the whole team since they have started bonding with her, so she would be my guess.  It has to be some one we have met since they did not show her face

Edited by Aliconehead

Yet another enjoyable episode, I fully admit that I haven’t seen any of the shows that ‘Whiskey’ Is in competition with, but I can’t believe that it’s possibly looking at cancellation, it’s just such a fun, entertaining forty five minutes which  I would  happily watch for many seasons.

As big of a fan of ‘Maggie’ that there is, I wouldn’t want ‘Whiskey’ to fail just to get her back on TWD, as some have been mentioning. Give ‘Whiskey’ a fair shot at success, listen to what the ‘enjoyers’ have to say and don’t just look at numbers on a chart!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

As big of a fan of ‘Maggie’ that there is, I wouldn’t want ‘Whiskey’ to fail just to get her back on TWD, as some have been mentioning. Give ‘Whiskey’ a fair shot at success, listen to what the ‘enjoyers’ have to say and don’t just look at numbers on a chart!

Whiskey Cavalier is regularly doubling to tripling their Live Plus 7 Viewers. The time slot and the spring start is killing the show, not to mention the comedy lead-ins that are regularly on repeat. Plus, the finales of the lead-ins are 3 weeks before the finale of Whiskey Cavalier. 

There was a weird reply from Matt on the recent "Matt's Inside Line" that makes me think the show may be renewed. The question was:

Loving Whiskey Cavalier so far, hoping it gets renewed. Any scoop on what’s ahead? –Jean
I am hearing that although Will and Emma are all “champagne and roses” right now — and while Frankie actually seems to be Team Emma — things could change for everyone in a heartbeat, so get ready for some shocking twists and turns… and an unexpected hook-up.

This was in the comments:

1216523032_Screenshot2019-04-1916_02_43.png.0a08a6112bb9ec9e979126e918e4ced1.png

Why does this show insist on using that stupid trope that the supposedly too cool for school,  African-American guy is really an out of touch scared little boy?  He lusts after the CIA agent yet when speaking to her,  he is incapable of simple speech.  Its not funny.  Its lazy writing and insulting.  Contrary to modern television,  nerds can and do talk properly to women and are not shivering dorks that constantly need pep-talks on how to speak to women without resorting to a Mr. T starter kit hanging around his neck. The way they are depicting Standish,  Frankie has more balls than him.   Hell,  Susan has more balls than him.  I understand he is being used for comedic effect,  but does a character have to be a complete loser in order to bring comedy to the show?

Also,  how the fuck did Ray, of all people, manage to have an affair with Will's fiance? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Whiskey Cavalier is regularly doubling to tripling their Live Plus 7 Viewers. The time slot and the spring start is killing the show, not to mention the comedy lead-ins that are regularly on repeat. Plus, the finales of the lead-ins are 3 weeks before the finale of Whiskey Cavalier. 

There was a weird reply from Matt on the recent "Matt's Inside Line" that makes me think the show may be renewed. The question was:

This was in the comments:

1216523032_Screenshot2019-04-1916_02_43.png.0a08a6112bb9ec9e979126e918e4ced1.png

I saw that when I linked the Q&A, but I think Matt Webb Mitovich just meant he had answered the question and was coy with the details and it wasn't about renewal prospects. I, too, have read this show increases by margins of 150% with L + 7. I would hope that would be a determining factor with renewal since not many 10:00 p.m. shows do well during live broadcasts these days, but who knows? Guess we'll find out next month.