Type keyword(s) to search

Whiskey Cavalier - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Standish, still not funny, but at least they toned down his chatter. They should try to differentiate the skill sets of Jai and Standish, they seem like their knowledge overlaps too much, but without either of them knowing what the other knows or maybe it is just they don't work well together yet.

Yes, I think there's a lot of overlaps between these two and the show needs to deal with that. At the moment they have the dynamic of Hardison and Elliot with Hardison's skill set shared between the two of them. I swear one day I'll stop with the Leverage comparisons ( btw. Susan was more than once in Sophie's territory this week).

• Love 4

The wedding and the locale looked so beautiful that I wanted to like it, but I was mostly bored and doing something else through much of the episode.  The only part which made me laugh was when Frankie said things were going to get ugly and Will said not as ugly as her bridesmaid ensemble.  Other than that, I personally can't feel much spark or romantic chemistry between the leads which is required for clever banter to work.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

The only part which made me laugh was when Frankie said things were going to get ugly and Will said not as ugly as her bridesmaid ensemble. 

See THAT'S the comedy I find funny.  The little quips, the side-eyes, even grunts, at the perfect time, can be funny.  My brother and I are arguing back and forth because he watches the show but hates that they're cracking jokes all the time.  I told him he's just watching the wrong show, for him. He should watch "Lock Up" and don't bother watching escapism TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I did not think the dress particularly ugly but was impressed that Frankie had packed pink sneakers!

Well, YMMV.  I don't have ANY fashion sense but I know what looks nice and what doesn't. (I'm a jeans & T-shirt guy who thinks that's appropriate wear for 99% of venues I go to)  Go back and take a look at that dress. In fact, i think Electriboogaloo(?) or someone posted pictures upthread of Lauren Cohan holding a gun at the bad guy. You may not have noticed the dress because she was standing near a patch of sand. 🤓  Her dress had the look, texture, and probable feel of a burlap bag.  Same color too!.  That shit was nasty, and Frankie, either by her lack of enthusiasm for what she was forced into, or because she's sort of broad across the shoulders, had this whole slouch type of posture that made it look like she chose "Paper" over "Plastic" at the grocery store and decided to don that.  The sneaks WERE dope, though.  See, it's the little things that can add humor to a show without Standish's broad comedy routine.  I may not like Jai in the group, I find him a little too stick-up-the...., but he does have a point about Standish's lack of any sort of professionalism.  No tech guy, either of them, would have such a disheveled work space. Not only is it not practical, working with fine equipment; it's filthy. I did laugh when Jai held out his hand to Standish and said these nano-trackers are practically invisible to the naked eye and Standish said "You're right I can't see a thing" and Jai said, "That's because there's nothing there". Funny.  How can anyone NOT laugh?

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • LOL 1

The first fight as a married couple line was funny.

Did they explain how they got rid of Ito's body?

The first bridesmaid with dark hair looked a little like Lauren (I thought it was her at first)

Edited by mxc90

Clean up crew?  Why bother with those small details.  I'm surprised Will didn't tease Frankie for calling him Boo.  I think she was shaken by that whole near kiss and distracted herself by having sex with tattoo. Of course, when Will mentioned her liaison, she grew obstinate and stormed off yelling about it's none of his business

Just watched Ep 4, once again it was an enjoyable mix of silliness, nonsense, humour and a touch of violent action.

The look on Frankie’s face when Will tells the general’s daughter that his relationship is like a fairytale, was as great as Wills when he sees Frankie shagging tattoo guy, it just works for me, it is exactly what it tries to be, nothing more nothing less, the only problem I have is with the Ray character, he just doesn’t fit as well as the others, maybe he’ll grow on me, but Lauren in leather and kicking ass makes up for Ray.

• Love 3

So I was watching a short clip of Lauren Cohan at IMDB, about who her favorite will they/won't they couple (which was Ross and Rachel), who should play a female James Bond (she says Rashida Jones), among other things, and her real accent was curious to me. At times she sounds British, at times American. Well, looking at her bio, she was born in New Jersey but also has UK citizenship, so the dual accents make a weird sort of sense.

Having never seen her in anything else (so you can see I have never watched The Walking Dead!), I would have never guessed the UK part based on Frankie. So she must be able to turn it on and off. Just thought it was somewhat interesting.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

At times she sounds British, at times American. Well, looking at her bio, she was born in New Jersey but also has UK citizenship, so the dual accents make a weird sort of sense.

Having never seen her in anything else (so you can see I have never watched The Walking Dead!), I would have never guessed the UK part based on Frankie. So she must be able to turn it on and off. Just thought it was somewhat interesting.

She moved to England as a teenager. I've only seen her in Supernatural where she used her British accent. Her character took a lot of flak and I think people even complained about the fake accent, he! (I think that was back in season 3 during the writers strike when the show had many problems and people hated pretty much on everything).

Yeah, I did the same thing when I first heard Lauren in an interview: looked her up because her real accent is a weird, dodgy hybrid. The full British version sounds authentic enough to me in the other stuff I've seen her in.

• Love 1

So I have read that some of the episodes are airing out of order. Episode Two and Three were swapped (to I guess bring in the Scandal viewers), and the last episode that aired as episode Four was supposed to be Episode Five. This Tumblr user explains it pretty well about how you can tell. 

Some things did seem off like Frankie's "I don't know every assassin" line in episode two when Will doesn't find out until episode three that she used to be an assassin. And the show is pretty good at continuity, with Frankie's line to Will in the pilot that she was in Moscow for an art history convention when we later find out that Will studied art in college. 

So now the question seems to be, what happens in episode four that gets them to where Will/Frankie were emotionally in this past episode??

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

So now the question seems to be, what happens in episode four that gets them to where Will/Frankie were emotionally in this past episode??

Oh good — I thought it was just me that they seemed to have grown closer than I expected (or at least, Frankie seemed to have thawed more toward Will) in between what aired as episode 3 and what aired as episode 4. So basically we got the equivalent of going from episode 2 to episode 5 in terms of emotional development, without getting to see the connection progress as the actors played it. (I hate it when networks do that, and then wonder why when some viewers have a hard time staying connected themselves.)

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, kickingnames said:

Oh good — I thought it was just me that they seemed to have grown closer than I expected (or at least, Frankie seemed to have thawed more toward Will) in between what aired as episode 3 and what aired as episode 4. So basically we got the equivalent of going from episode 2 to episode 5 in terms of emotional development, without getting to see the connection progress as the actors played it. (I hate it when networks do that, and then wonder why when some viewers have a hard time staying connected themselves.)

I get the thought process behind airing episode 2 first to get viewers. And it didn't really hurt the flow of the show too much. But not airing episode four did I think and I don't see a reason behind not airing it in order. Don't Trust the B aired their episodes completely out of order (I think a season one episode aired in season two?), and it was always weird to have storylines dropped and then picked up. I hope this isn't a sign of something bad, and instead something more like "real life was too close to the episode" situation. Like what happened in season three of Buffy and the episode "Earshot". There is another show that did this too, I just can't remember the name of it - I think they ended up putting the episodes in the original order on the DVDs instead of the air-date order?

Does anyone know if it's more expensive or less expensive to shoot this show in Europe? 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Does anyone know if it's more expensive or less expensive to shoot this show in Europe? 

I would say less than it would be in California. There are quite a few different places that offer good tax breaks for movie/TV shows and that's why stuff ends up getting shot there a lot: Prague, Vancouver, Atlanta and Louisiana all offer those tax breaks.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HighHopes said:

There is another show that did this too, I just can't remember the name of it - I think they ended up putting the episodes in the original order on the DVDs instead of the air-date order?

The one that immediately comes to my mind is Firefly -- which is exactly the example of network interference that bugs me (because it actually affected the show's survival chances). I totally understand situations like "Earshot" and others where real life and escapist tv collide, but I'm a little wary of stuff like that happening without good reason.

• Love 3

I loved this episode.  So many great parts, funny lines and bits.  The laser dance, especially the part where Will put his hand on the ground and did a roundhouse / failed-cartwheel to get over a beam.  Edgar singing to the guard.  Ray doing the mocking accent to Susan.  Frankie doing the mocking accent about Paul, and Paul actually being in the backseat to hear it.

That chateau and its interior and the grounds were amazing.

I am bracing myself for news that the show will be cancelled... each week I prepare myself for the news.  So I am going to enjoy every episode as much as I can.  This is escapist fun.  I like the actors, the humour, the locales and the gadgets.  My least favourite character is Jay, he's a little too uptight and prissy for my liking, but I really like the rest of them.  Even Ray.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:18 AM, WendyCR72 said:

At times she sounds British, at times American. Well, looking at her bio, she was born in New Jersey but also has UK citizenship, so the dual accents make a weird sort of sense.

When Will (and Ray) first meets Frankie in the bar in the pilot, Cohan's accent as Rando British Bird seemed fairly authentic to me.

So I'm up to the third episode, and it is fun; but I also am concerned about the body count and them having gunfights in public in foreign countries. But the biggest problem for me is the relationship between the two leads. I think they're trying too hard with the 'opposites have to work together and they annoy each other' tropes. They have different approaches - we get it! Also she always seems to be putting him down - not fun. I'm not rooting for them as partners, romantic or otherwise.

I do like the rest of the cast; but it will take a little time for the show to work out relationships dynamics, etc.

Stuff like the opening credits, gun mishaps, and banter remind me of Chuck. (Sorry, I'm probably always going to going to be comparing this to that.)

This isn't appointment TV for me, but I'll catch it when I can.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:54 PM, HighHopes said:

So I have read that some of the episodes are airing out of order. Episode Two and Three were swapped (to I guess bring in the Scandal viewers), and the last episode that aired as episode Four was supposed to be Episode Five. This Tumblr user explains it pretty well about how you can tell. 

Or you can check the listings at The Futon Critic, which usually have the production numbers: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/whiskey-cavalier/listings/

Their listings are pretty accurate and up to date for most major shows on major networks.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Trini said:

Or you can check the listings at The Futon Critic, which usually have the production numbers: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/whiskey-cavalier/listings/

Their listings are pretty accurate and up to date for most major shows on major networks.

Ah! Thank you! Looking at the episode description for episode four I now remember reading it before. I wonder what happened and why they didn’t air it? 

I want to point out that I wasn’t using the Tumblr account as an official source! Just a source in general since I didn’t see anything else about it! 

• Love 1

Judging by the end, I sort of now get why last week was shown out of production order. Turning the tables, so to speak. The usual one step forward, two steps back deal. I think Frankie was taken aback by her feelings toward the MI-6 agent and didn't really know how to handle it.

Although I can't understand why Frankie would be so surprised by what she saw. She explicitly (but kindly for Frankie, which was new for her) put the kibosh on anything with Will. But I did like that she stopped her tryst with the biker-looking dude instead of escaping into it. Growth?

Liked Susan messing with the rest of the guys and liked her being insulted at being called no fun. Hee.

The case was twisty and turny but seemed a bit convoluted to me.

And more tropes next week with...

Frankie and Will caring for a baby!

Remington Steele, Castle, and Bones all had an episode doing the same, so I'm not surprised.

• Love 1

Episode 01.05, "The English Job"

b-sound.jpg

Yay! Good to see Ophelia Lovibond here...I loved her on Elementary and she was great here as the lovable, quirky Emma. It was a nice contrast to the darker side she showed on Elementary, so well done Ophelia.

Oh, and though I hate love triangles, Emma-Will-Frankie might actually be fun.

I thought this episode was, overall, nice and serviceable. Not a classic by any means but a good hour on TV. Standish dealing with his trauma was fun and believable. Jai and the pranks were fun as well, and while Ray was his usual, aloof, annoying self, we did get to see his more sensitive side tonight.

It was also a pretty standard, straightforward case. Not too much messing around, though some things- like the sniper- the show inexplicably dropped completely.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I want to point out that I wasn’t using the Tumblr account as an official source! Just a source in general since I didn’t see anything else about it! 

It doesn't matter to us where you got your source material or even if you continue to read the blog, you did us a solid 👍👍  by bringing it to the board's attention.  Thank you.  It did seem a bit jarring that both Frankie and Will each leaned in to kiss and Susan made a comment about his feelings being hurt with regard to Frankie's denial of a connection and all of this with no context.

• Love 1

Did you know that nine is more than seven? I liked the subplot of Jai, Susan, and Ray pranking each other. I can't really feel bad for Ray though, since it was his own actions that ruined his friendship with Will. 

Good for Standish for getting back on the horse, so to speak, even though he's not British and it doesn't mean that much to him. 

I appreciate the show continuing to have Frankie and Will get locked up together in confined spaces. Frankie being able to admit that she disliked Emma for personal reasons is a big step for her. "I can get ice cream with anyone. You and me, we save the world" was really sweet. Poor Frankie seeing Will and Emma. They can't be together for practical reasons, but it doesn't mean she doesn't want to. 

Next week's ep looks hilarious. I love that they're just going full steam ahead with every trope imaginable. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

It doesn't matter to us where you got your source material or even if you continue to read the blog, you did us a solid 👍👍  by bringing it to the board's attention.  Thank you.  It did seem a bit jarring that both Frankie and Will each leaned in to kiss and Susan made a comment about his feelings being hurt with regard to Frankie's denial of a connection and all of this with no context.

I have had my information taken to other sites before and not been sourced, so I always try me best to make sure that I provide a source! 

I am going to have to do a rewatch before I say much about tonight's episode. But wow, I am surprised that they acknowledged it this early, but I also welcome it. So many shows just drag even acknowledging the attraction out and then drag the getting together out even more. It's nice to have a show that isn't following the "Will They/Won't They" formula to a T. 

I am really not liking how easy Ray is getting along with everyone, and I would not be sad if he died at the end of the season. He's the only character I am not connecting with. It's not even that I don't like him, I just don't care about him. If I hated him it would be one thing, but he just isn't adding anything to the show. 

I just love how this show is just going down a trope checklist, and just revels in it. Will and Frankie have to pretend to be a couple! Will and Frankie get stuck under water and dramatically admit they dont hate each other! Will and Frankie team up with a hot female agent and Frankie feels weird about it! Its like a full on pre irony throw back, and its kind of amazing. 

I am actually impressed that Will and Frankie actually did admit to having chemistry with each other, and that in other circumstances they might have something (even if Frankie frames it as being just physical) but they dont want to add a messy relationship to their team dynamic. Its actually pretty mature and open, especially for Frankie, who is clearly still in "feelings are cooties" land. 

Glad that Standish got back on the proverbial horse again, and the scenes between him and Will trying to deal with things were good. I do like that while Will being the sensitive guy is jokes about and part of his odd couple dynamic with Frankie work, but he also can really help people by being emotionally open and being naturally empathetic. 

Susan and Jai messing with Ray and kind of bonding with him was kind of fun (and a follow up with Ray and Susan having a connection in an earlier episode) but I cant feel THAT bad for Ray. It hasn't been that long since he had an affair with his best friends fiance that led to the end of their relationship. So Will being pissed at him is pretty much all his fault. 

Emma might be the third in a love triangle that will almost inevitably lose, but she seems like a fun character to have around anyway, and she and Will seem to be a good match. And I love how the assistant traitor guy was just like the most intensely British person you can imagine. All he needed was a bowler hat and to say something like "I say old chap!"

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

To bring up an old chestnut show again, Remington Steele also had Steele/Laura admit their attraction as early as the pilot, so I also appreciate the show not trying to pretend that Will and Frankie do not have a connection. It's refreshing.

I promised myself I would not get invested in this show. But it will suck if/when ABC does its usual and cancels this show. Sigh.

• Love 1

Boy did I hate this episode. I couldn't really give I flying fig whether Will and Frankie get together or not, but that seemed to be all this episode could focus on. So much so the case they were working on was so thread bare that it wasn't even interesting. I questioned why Will had to be the one to counsel Standish when Susan is more qualified and better at. I have already watched enough of Will and Frankie's silly relationship antics, get off of the screen and let some of the other members of the show have some screen time. Relationship issues and silly pranks gobble up all the screen time leaving the actual case anemic.

Props to the British Police for bringing guns to a gun fight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Watching the episode on time delay right now and Holy Shit, if not for HighHopes 411 on the out-of-order airings, i would not have known what the hell was going on.  I'm still at the beginning, but the way its starting, I can see why Will gave Frankie the Cold Shoulder at the pool table.  What's this having "Girl talk" with Susan crap.  Since when did Frankie and Suz talk about Will like regular people?  I don't even recall the two of them talking even non-professionally. (except for that off-screen mention of going dancing after a mission). If the producers/show-runners aren't careful, this is the kind of silliness that got plenty of much better shows cancelled.

8 hours ago, HighHopes said:

I am really not liking how easy Ray is getting along with everyone, and I would not be sad if he died at the end of the season. He's the only character I am not connecting with. It's not even that I don't like him, I just don't care about him.

Ha, me neither! Every time Jai would react, I was like "Why do you suddenly care about what Ray thinks? You guys hate him!" I love that Will and Frankie still just shut him down cold. 

Ophelia Lovibond! I hope that kiss at the end means she'll be back.

“WHEN THE TEAM ENCOUNTERS A KIDNAPPED BABY, EVERYONE – INCLUDING FRANKIE – EXPERIENCES ALL THE FEELS”

“Five Spies and a Baby” – The team must return a kidnapped baby to its parents while also taking down the human trafficking network that led to his capture on “Whiskey Cavalier,”

I wondered how Standish got off that tower. He initially had to drop over the edge on tiptoe, and the ledge he landed on slanted down, which (in the real world) would be very difficult even to just stand on safely. He must be a fantastic athlete if he could hoist himself back up over the parapet. Since they just left him up there -he magically reappeared in the bar with no explanation- I guess we'll never know.

• Love 3

Now that was fun. Sure it was tropey fun, but fun nevertheless. Even the deaths were lighthearted. Much better than last week's "we left a guy dead in the street and who cares the little girl is now an orphan let's toast ourselves on a job well done" crap. Good on you show for righting yourself.

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

I wondered how Standish got off that tower. He initially had to drop over the edge on tiptoe, and the ledge he landed on slanted down, which (in the real world) would be very difficult even to just stand on safely. He must be a fantastic athlete if he could hoist himself back up over the parapet. Since they just left him up there -he magically reappeared in the bar with no explanation- I guess we'll never know.

Just like riding a horse. Except, instead of a saddle, it was a parapet he had to get back [over].

IMDB has Ophelia Lovibond listed for a couple more episodes.  The beginning credits are nearly a direct rip-off of one of my favorite TV shows, "The Avengers" with John Steed (Patrick Macnee) and Emma Peel (Diana Rigg).  That show featured the same animated sequences for the opening title as WC.  I wonder if the writers simply followed THAT script as Mr. Steed was always considered to be Ms. Peel's Paramour.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Spelng Ehror
  • Love 3

I enjoyed this episode.  Got a kick out of the fact that they had standins for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, even if "Harry's" hair was a little too brown and "Meghan" screamed a little too much for a supposedly strong woman.

I know it's a trope but I like the banter between Will and Frankie, even if it's something that has been seen on TV many many times before.  I don't care for the MI6 lady and I hope she doesn't end up joining the team.

I know some shows will often list the music in the show somewhere on social media.  I think this show makes great use of music.  I forget what song it was last week, but there was a French version of a well known popular song that I thought sounded pretty cool.  Wonder if this show lists the music anywhere.

I also sometimes wish shows would tell people where they got the clothes.  I liked that pistachio-coloured long sleeve T (or sweater) that Will was wearing in the ending scene... would really like to know where to find it.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I enjoyed this episode.  Got a kick out of the fact that they had standins for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, even if "Harry's" hair was a little too brown and "Meghan" screamed a little too much for a supposedly strong woman.

I know it's a trope but I like the banter between Will and Frankie, even if it's something that has been seen on TV many many times before.  I don't care for the MI6 lady and I hope she doesn't end up joining the team.

I know some shows will often list the music in the show somewhere on social media.  I think this show makes great use of music.  I forget what song it was last week, but there was a French version of a well known popular song that I thought sounded pretty cool.  Wonder if this show lists the music anywhere.

I also sometimes wish shows would tell people where they got the clothes.  I liked that pistachio-coloured long sleeve T (or sweater) that Will was wearing in the ending scene... would really like to know where to find it.  

I'm not sure what being a strong woman has to do with screaming too much? You can be strong but still scared as hell when someone has a gun to your head. The idea that "strong" means showing zero emotions is so outdated and wrong. Strong can mean so many things, from physical to emotional, including showing emotions. 

TuneFind is an excellent site to look up what songs played during specific episodes/scenes! The song from last week was the french version of "I Got You Babe". 

Worn on TV is a pretty good source for what people wear on TV. They don't have everything, but they do have some shows/outfits. I know I regularly see "X worn by Y available 'here'" on Twitter too. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 4

I'm so torn! I love Ophelia Lovibond, but I detest love triangles. (I know, I know - they're inescapable on these types of shows.)

I could actually handle the entire rest of the team this time, including Ray. (!!!) And this version of Standish I would like to see more of. He's got issues he's working through, but he's not obnoxious about it, so you can actually root for him to get better. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

IMDB has Ophelia Lovibond listed for a couple more episodes.  The beginning credits are nearly a direct rip-off of one of my favorite TV shows, "The Avengers" with John Steed (Patrick Macnee) and Emma Peel (Diana Rigg).  That showed featured the same animated sequences for the opening title as WC.  I wonder if the writers simply followed THAT script as Mr. Steed was always considered to be Ms. Peel's Paramour.

Loved The Avengers, especially the Diana Rigg ones. They had a couple of different opening sequences. I remember most the chess board one. I don't think Steed was considered Mrs. Peel's paramour except when they were undercover. Maybe I'm forgetting things.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

To bring up an old chestnut show again, Remington Steele also had Steele/Laura admit their attraction as early as the pilot, so I also appreciate the show not trying to pretend that Will and Frankie have a connection. It's refreshing.

All we need is Frankie, or even better for gender-swap, Will, confessing to Susan, "I feel... itchy."

Regarding Steed and Peele... I don't know, I always had the feeling they were platonic but bonded by friendship.

Edited by andipandi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, andipandi said:

Regarding Steed and Peele... I don't know, I always had the feeling they were platonic but bonded by friendship.

If I recall correctly (Ha!), I kind of remember that they would play around with showing the back of the unintroduced Mr. Peele and from the silhouette he had a similar appearance to Steed.  Then, when they pulled a "Bewitched" and switched the lead with Linda Thorson, things got all crazy.  I remember being torn because, as every kid in my generation, I had the hots for Diana Rigg.  She was the early progenitor of a female secret agent.  A much smoother, and sexier, Frankie Trowbridge.

"The Avengers" TV Intro

"The Avengers", Then and Now

Diana Rigg Talks Avengers

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Useful 1

Thanks chitowngirl.  Joanna Lumley, the "AbFab" actress?  I'll have to look that up.  I don't remember seeing the New Avengers but YouTube has some mentions about it.  The Mid-70's was ripe for TV. "The Avengers" were fun, so were my two other favorites, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" and my absolute fav, "It Takes a Thief". 

As for this episode of WC, I finally saw the complete episode and it was clear to me that Ray and Susan were trying to shrink Jei's head and remove some of that Megolmania he's suffering from.  Besides the blatant Frankie jealousy of Emma, I did like all of Frankie's mutterings under her breath on Emma.  I also liked Frankie's attempt to match Emma's aggressive, possessive stance when meeting Will for the first time.  Episode #4 must be a killer to have brought a cold Frankie into Will's arms.  I would much prefer a more natural progression in their relationship instead of this confusing jumble.  Having Susan play "Dear Abby, Advisor to the lovelorn" is a waste of her talents, especially coaching two grown adults in a how-to on love.

The first female lead playing beside Macnee was Honor Blackman.  She eventually left to play the part of a Bond Girl, the like of which we shall never see again:  Pussy Galore.  

Rigg definitely made the show what it was, though.  @Jacks-Son is right, every kid in town had the hots for her, and with good reason.

Purdey was part of an attempt to reboot Miss Emma Peel, fifteen years on.  Joanna Lumley thought she had it in the bag.  The British public thought otherwise.  A young Gareth Hunt was also thrown in to do some of the heavy lifting that an aging MacNee might have difficulty with.  I recall the reboot lost some of the original edge, and settled for being slightly amusing instead.  I think it did OK.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Whoa @Netfoot, thanks for the history lesson, it is much appreciated.  The retrospective YouTube video on the Avengers I posted s showed Honor Blackman on the show, but I don't remember her.  I just remember Rigg and her replacement Thorson,, who I thought was a hottie also.  Your knowledge on the subject is impressive.

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

Thanks chitowngirl.  Joanna Lumley, the "AbFab" actress?  I'll have to look that up.  I don't remember seeing the New Avengers but YouTube has some mentions about it.  The Mid-70's was ripe for TV. "The Avengers" were fun, so were my two other favorites, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" and my absolute fav, "It Takes a Thief". 

As for this episode of WC, I finally saw the complete episode and it was clear to me that Ray and Susan were trying to shrink Jei's head and remove some of that Megolmania he's suffering from.  Besides the blatant Frankie jealousy of Emma, I did like all of Frankie's mutterings under her breath on Emma.  I also liked Frankie's attempt to match Emma's aggressive, possessive stance when meeting Will for the first time.  Episode #4 must be a killer to have brought a cold Frankie into Will's arms.  I would much prefer a more natural progression in their relationship instead of this confusing jumble.  Having Susan play "Dear Abby, Advisor to the lovelorn" is a waste of her talents, especially coaching two grown adults in a how-to on love.

Off topic but I loved it when it happened:  When AbFab flashed back to Saffy's birth in 1975, they made up Patsy to look like Lumley's Purdey in The New Avengers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1