Type keyword(s) to search

Whiskey Cavalier - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

T

LOL! That never occurred to me - I was just so confused by the song that I checked with tunefind. It's from the album 'In mir klingt ein Lied' (2009) still available on amazon. I can find the song on youtube without problems but maybe it won't show up if you're US based.

Turns out I had found it. I got confused by the squeaky clean photo (I mean it was like seeing Pat Boone, lol) I didn't think it sounded quite the same, but it is not like I have perfect recall. 

Awww, Frankie thinks that Will is a "capable agent!" Thats a big deal from her! She even called him a real man, from a sideways perspective. 

I thought this was a fun episode, and I am glad that they are expanding on the team a bit more and their dynamics and personalities. And they really need to take Standish to a gun range or something, dude is not ready to even hold a fake firearm. I did like the scene where Will told him, very seriously, that if points a gun at someone, he could kill them, its not just a cool fantasy. But, yeah, get him some training ASAP. 

Frankie saying that she knocked the guard out because he wouldn't take no for an answer and the women nearby clapping was great. 

The whole team can really bond over their mutual disdain for Wills douche former friend. 

This school has a very old school vibe to me, like an old light hearted action/comedy, complete with long trippy title sequence, lots of breaking of international law, and super tropy UST between the main characters. Its rather endearing to me.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

This school has a very old school vibe to me, like an old light hearted action/comedy, complete with long trippy title sequence, lots of breaking of international law, and super tropy UST between the main characters. Its rather endearing to me.

In the 'Behind the Scenes' clip linked above Foley quotes Remington Steele, Heart to Heart and of course Moonlighting as main inspirations for the show. He admitted to miss those fun and lighthearted shows (and that he was ready for a change after all the grimness of Scandal LOL!). I really think they managed to get it tonally right but I have no idea how well that concept fares with today's audience. Rating numbers look like alchemist charts to me.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Awww, Frankie thinks that Will is a "capable agent!" Thats a big deal from her! She even called him a real man, from a sideways perspective.

I loved pretty much the whole tunnel segment, especially that fight scene with Will and Frankie vs. her henchman acquaintance — I mean, the bickering is cute, but I am down for every one of their duo fight sequences, where they don’t have time to argue because they’re too busy working together.

I like TJW, but I’m going to need the writers to tone Standish down a little. There were points during this episode when I wanted to lock him in a room with Ray and lose the key, which is just sad.

Overall I really like this show, though the team structure is still giving me major Deception vibes — and that’s probably my biggest concern, since both shows were/are produced and distributed by Warner Bros., and therefore not ABC-owned properties (which apparently was a major factor in Decpetion’s cancellation). I don’t know if I can trust ABC not to make the same mistake twice.

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 2

I am still loving the show. It is just fun and that has been missing in TV for me. 

Judging by the ratings I am mentally preparing myself for only one season. I 

45 minutes ago, kickingnames said:

I don’t know if I can trust ABC not to make the same mistake twice.

I think ABC might just be the network where I wait and see before watching a show. They seem to be good at destoying good shows. I’m still irritated over Deception.  

7 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Standish, was annoying in this episode.

I feel this way about every episode. The character has diarrhea of the mouth. If he is going to talk non-stop, at least give him something interesting or substantial to say. I am not feeling the comedy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kickingnames said:

I like TJW, but I’m going to need the writers to tone Standish down a little. There were points during this episode when I wanted to lock him in a room with Ray and lose the key, which is just sad.

Standish seems to be going for the Eddie Murphy school of acting. Right now, it’s tolerable. The one who is slowly moving towards needing to tone down his act is Will’s boyish/Boy Scout persona.  It’s starting to get a bit too Emo, even Susan was rolling her eyes.  Speaking of Susan, does anyone else get the impression that Will and Susan have slept together and were more than just “Besties” maybe Besties with benefits?

I get that this is a light-hearted action-comedy spy show. I'm beginning to wonder if the show remembers that's what it is. You have daddy scientist killed (he was killed, right?) and they just leave him in the street. No effort made to call an ambulance, not even telling anyone of the 1000s around that they should call. Then, at the end of the episode, they're celebrating like everything is groovy. Did they forget about the daughter? That's not light-hearted comedy. It's callous disregard for the guest characters involved and doesn't paint the team in any sort of good light. 

Even before we get there, the level of prep for the missions is stunning(-ly poor). They've looked over the plans for the building and five minutes later, voila! Plan in place. And yet, despite this amazing level of prep, nobody read the scientist's file to notice that he has a daughter??? Or, that the daughter might be in Italy? They were shocked! Shocked I say! To learn about daughter. See, the lack of prep can be a funny handwave, but you can't have the team be so stupid that they missed something so obvious. Another example of the team not being the best and the brightest. 

Oh, and how does one evacuate a large amount of people w/o causing a panic? Shoot a gun straight up in the air, then whistle a tune while walking the other way. Good thing that the Italian police were on strike this week. It turns out the bomb was the size of a city block. I doubt anyone could have gotten out of the radius if it blew up. But, many might have been injured in the stampede. 

There's a way to do light-hearted w/o it coming out like let's throw everything at the wall to see if anything sticks or having the team be almost completely incompetent. Unless they're actually going for a team of Inspectors Clousseau. 

It's a good thing that the leads have good chemistry, with each other and the other three on the team. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Standish seems to be going for the Eddie Murphy school of acting. Right now, it’s tolerable. The one who is slowly moving towards needing to tone down his act is Will’s boyish/Boy Scout persona.  It’s starting to get a bit too Emo, even Susan was rolling her eyes.  Speaking of Susan, does anyone else get the impression that Will and Susan have slept together and were more than just “Besties” maybe Besties with benefits?

Interesting that I find Standish okay - maybe because seeing him sitting in the van and complaining about not being part of the mission reminded me of Hardison? The one team member I'm most struggling with is Datta. I could get him being angry with Standish but otherwise I find his attitude grating. That little emo-speech at the end did not change that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I get that this is a light-hearted action-comedy spy show. I'm beginning to wonder if the show remembers that's what it is. You have daddy scientist killed (he was killed, right?) and they just leave him in the street. No effort made to call an ambulance, not even telling anyone of the 1000s around that they should call. Then, at the end of the episode, they're celebrating like everything is groovy. Did they forget about the daughter? That's not light-hearted comedy. It's callous disregard for the guest characters involved and doesn't paint the team in any sort of good light. 

And telling daughter that everything was going to be okay ...well except the minor detail that daddy is dead.  Wow, what a gloss-over.

I hope that daddy wasn't really dead, just in a recoverable coma so that he couldn't reveal the bomb location.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Interesting that I find Standish okay - maybe because seeing him sitting in the van and complaining about not being part of the mission reminded me of Hardison? The one team member I'm most struggling with is Datta. I could get him being angry with Standish but otherwise I find his attitude grating. That little emo-speech at the end did not change that.

I like Standish, but I also like Datta. I'm not sure if it's the character or the actor. I've never seen him before (to my knowledge) but he pops.

Wow, the writers crammed at least three standard spy movie tropes in one episode.  1)  We can crash the fancy party at the bad guy's house/embassy, which is conveniently scheduled TONIGHT. 2) Oops, there's a bomb--and we'll defuse it at the last possible second.  3) We must save the kidnapped innocent, and we'll get there and save her with mere seconds to spare.  Oh, and it is totally unnecessary to force a scientist to invent an elaborate bomb just to create a huge explosion in a sewer.  A bunch of C-4 and a cheap timer would have done the same damage.

Seriously, I would love for a show like this to play around with some of these ridiculous scenarios, such as:  "Damn--the fancy party was last night. Now what do we do?"  Or how about diffusing a bomb with like 37 minutes to spare. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Question... I know the show is filmed entirely in Prague.  But are there times when they take a camera and go to the places the episode is supposed to be set in and shoot some footage without any of the stars etc.  There was one scene where the catering van passed what looked like the Colosseum in the background.  Or are some background locations getting CGI'd into the footage?

21 hours ago, Dani said:

I am still loving the show. It is just fun and that has been missing in TV for me. 

Judging by the ratings I am mentally preparing myself for only one season. I 

I think ABC might just be the network where I wait and see before watching a show. They seem to be good at destoying good shows. I’m still irritated over Deception.  

Awww... are the ratings bad?  That's too bad, I really enjoy this show and I agree that it seems that half of the new shows that have interesting concepts I really enjoy end up cancelled.  And on ABC.  Weren't "Forever" with Ioan Grufudd and Alana De La Garza and "Time After Time" with Freddie Stroma and Josh Bowman also on ABC.  Both really unique shows and both didn't last.

17 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I feel for the daughter, but her dad made all kinds of poor choices that directly led to his death.  In the first place, he could have gotten the CIA involved on his own when his daughter was kidnapped, rather than letting them apprehend him only to find out that he was being coeerced.  Then they specifically asked him to stay put and he shouted and called attention to himself.  It appears they were never going to let him or his daughter live since he had finished the bomb.  I'm kind of wondering why they didn't kill him and his daughter as soon as the bomb was done, but I guess... drama.

16 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I'm assuming Datta is the Indian guy?  Thanks, I didn't know that was his last name.  I think they just call him "Jay".  

I agree that Standish was just some hacker guy or something that they brought onto the team after the events in the first episode so I don't understand why they aren't putting him through field training.  But Susan is FBI so she is field trained and gets a gun?  She is a psychiatrist, I think.  That worked behind a desk.  Seems odd that all of a sudden they decided she was a field agent.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Awww... are the ratings bad?  That's too bad, I really enjoy this show and I agree that it seems that half of the new shows that have interesting concepts I really enjoy end up cancelled.  And on ABC.  Weren't "Forever" with Ioan Grufudd and Alana De La Garza and "Time After Time" with Freddie Stroma and Josh Bowman also on ABC.  Both really unique shows and both didn't last.

The last episode dropped from a .9 to a .6. Maybe it will rebound but I’m preparing myself for the worst. 

I completely forgot Forever was on ABC. One of these days I am going to learn not to trust ABC. They keep putting out really unique shows but don’t give them a decent chance of finding an audience. 

29 minutes ago, Dani said:

I completely forgot Forever was on ABC. One of these days I am going to learn not to trust ABC. They keep putting out really unique shows but don’t give them a decent chance of finding an audience. 

I miss Forever. Yeah, ABC doesn't have a good track record. I'm not sure why they keep greenlighting series that are out of their comfort zone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I know the show is filmed entirely in Prague. 

There was a sequence of Will and Frankie on the River Thames in London which on first look seemed pretty genuine, I wish I’d have known as I would have travelled down to see them film it.

I hope it gets a second season as I find it an enjoyable 45 minutes of entertainment, it is what it is and after three episodes we should all know what ‘it’ really is by now.

Its made me laugh every week so far and compared to some so called ‘comedies’ it’s beating them hands down.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

I hope this show gets renewed, it's a nice change from the serious dramas that have taken over television. I love a good mystery centred show, but it seems like that's the only show that is being made lately (I blame Lost for that). All of the shows lately seem to take themselves too seriously and want to Make You Think and Feel and Question Life (This is Us, New Amsterdam, Manifest, whatever that new show that was being advertised during This is Us is etc.). It's great to have a show again that is just fun, regardless of some of the plothole because I honestly just don't care that much if I'm enjoying the show. 

It's been such a long time that I have enjoyed an hour long show and yeah it's tropey and there was zero need for Frankie to sit on Will during the bomb defusing but that's what I love. Unlike the other shows with the "will they/won't they" this show is just totally leaning into it and having fun with it. It's refreshing to see a show be fun again and it is one of the few shows I am looking forward to each week. I miss TV being fun and this show is fun (so far) so I'm in for however long it will last! 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 7

I enjoy the show, I just wish they weren't just SO incompetent every episode on their missions. You can have things go wrong on every mission. Things pretty much ALWAYS go wrong on missions in real life (when Seal Team Six went to kill bin Laden, they lost an entire helicopter on the mission!) However, you need to write better to have the things that go wrong not be due to the incompetence of the team. These folks should be good at their jobs. The drama should be in watching them adjust when things go wrong (plus the character bits, like the various interactions of the team members). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, juno said:

Never going to happen but I am on the Will and Susan train. She is my favorite on this show and hope her role gets bigger.

I like her a lot, but a profiler doesn't really seem like a good fit on the team, right? Who takes a profiler on missions and stuff like that?

• Love 2

I really like the visual look and style of this series, and this episode was alright and had its moments.  I'm finding it hard to feel anything for the characters, though.  Frankie was abrasive to watch.  As said above, the mix of light humor with some sad plot points is not seamless.  I was thinking maybe they should have put the blindfold back on to the girl so she wouldn't have to see all the dead bodies around her.  I was worried how traumatized she would be.  I also have a hard time buying this "family" when I'm not convinced why the government even wants them to work together in the first place.  I wish ratings were higher.  It's so hard to trust networks and invest in shows only to see them cancelled right when you connect with them.

13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Who takes a profiler on missions and stuff like that?

Most of the shows today, now include some sort of profiler on the team to make judgement calls on the scene.  Writers use the profiler in place of the audience and to help explain motives.  Patrick Jane, on the "Mentalist",  was not really a profiler, but because he could read people on the spot, he basically did what Susan is doing.  There are other examples.  The British series "Wire in the Blood" was about a forensic psychologist who specialized in serial killers and his assistance with police to help catch killers.

"Take Two" had a team member named Monica who was a Psych major and she would profile the probable perp.  Her rudimentary knowledge of Psychology drove some viewers insane and angered a lot of the fans of the show.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 2

I believe the tango they were dancing to at the party was the same tango Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis were dancing to at the end of True Lies, which I find to be a nice shout-out.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have to severely cut back on what I watch.  It just isn't healthy to constantly watch so much negativity, conflict, and hatred.

So much for the News...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am going to have to start limiting all of the horribleness that I watch in fictional dramas.   With all of the horrible things that are going in the world, I don't need to inundate myself with horrible people, committing horrible acts, on horrible dramas.

Try 'God friended Me' - it's not nearly as saccharine as the title sounds like. It's charming and thoughtful, a rare mix.

• Love 4

Or you could take a look at "The Good Witch" on Hallmark TV.  It's on hiatus now but should be available somewhere, and us (posters at PTV who follow the show) are kind of looking forward to it's return.  I think season 4(?) will premiere sometime during the summer.  There are multiple movies based solely on the show and it stars Catherine Bell from "J.A.G."  There is one caveat regarding watching this show; it's very lacking in "horribleness" and could cause hyperglycemia as the sweetness factor is probably around 11, YMMV.

• Love 3

Like many here, I don't trust ABC and still haven't forgiven the network for cancelling My So-Called Life and Dirty Sexy Money. That said, I really like this show and try not to take the protocol breaking etc. too seriously.

The show is stupid and silly and I like it! You have to suspend belief to watch it...but the characters are interesting, the dialogue is not awful and the action scenes are pretty well shot for a 1 hour drama. The pacing and the tone reminds me a little of The Catch which didn't last long and I am afraid this series will suffer the same fate.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AriAu said:

The show is stupid and silly and I like it! You have to suspend belief to watch it...but the characters are interesting, the dialogue is not awful and the action scenes are pretty well shot for a 1 hour drama. The pacing and the tone reminds me a little of The Catch which didn't last long and I am afraid this series will suffer the same fate.

So far I like this show better than The Catch--about which I quickly decided I'd rather watch nothing than that show.  
I like WC well enough to watch when convenient, but not well enough to rewatch if I fall asleep duing the commercial (which I did last week). 

• Love 2

"Mr. & Mrs. Trowbridge" (March 20, 2019)

xsoft-a-sound.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UoWhSBDFC

Last week, I chided this show for not keeping things simple.

This week, they listened and kept things simple.

(OK, so I doubt they actually did listen to me...but still)

Tonight we had a pretty straightforward story that had only logical twists and turns, with layers added on as needed. We didn't have the writing of before where they tried to wow us with their "depth"- they just stuck to the story and allowed the depth to come naturally.

...and it worked. Beautifully.

First of all, good to know Iona really did get her happy ending. Kind of reminds me of Tom Keen in The Blacklist (where he was "married" to his mark and also did fall in love with her), only this time the love was real from the get-go.

Second of all, Vir Das and Tyler James Williams had great chemistry together. They're really great as comic relief.

...and Ana Ortiz kills it on her own. Even when she doesn't do much like sulk into her drink she still commands the screen.

Lastly I'll say that this was the first time I saw some genuine sparks between Will and Frankie. It's ultimately where the show wants to go, so I'm glad we're actually getting a payoff. They just need to go slow, lest they make the same mistake Moonlighting did.

Overall, great effort. They earned themselves another look- and if they keep this up, they'll definitely be a hit,

• Love 5

I'm all for the undercover lovers trope, so I loved this. The laser dance and the fight in the locker room were both choreographed really well. Jai and Edgar side-eying Frankie and Will's kiss was hilarious. Also Standish singing to the guard to irritate him. 

Like Frankie, weddings are my personal hell, so I felt her pain. "Married people cheat all the time. It's the American way." Heh. Also Frankie telling Will to take it back after he says she's capable of feelings. She was opening up to him, though, when they were lying on the grass and she looked disappointed at the very end when Will walked away. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I prefer Susan and Will together. I like both their characters.  Frankie is annoying, and I dislike her character more each week.

I still get the feeling that they've slept together.  They have an easy familiarity, like old lovers.

• Love 1

I loved the little laser-boogie/gymnastics bit that Will and Frankie had going on. It was choreographed very well. I also noticed Frankie starting to soften towards Will, probably against her will. (Excuse the pun!) And I also caught that intimacy taking root when in the grass and at Frankie's obvious disappointment at the end.

I find Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan do have sparks. (I know mileage varies!) And I hope A) the show is given time to let it smolder and B) this show doesn't collapse a la Moonlighting and/or Castle if/when they do get together. (Personally, I never saw the chemistry on Castle, but others did, so I feel it is still an apt comparison. As clumsily as Booth and Brennan got together on Bones - as another example - they ended up successfully paired until the end, so maybe this show can go that route!)

That is, if ABC doesn't cancel this outright. I'm not all too hopeful there.

• Love 7

Oh God, so many tropes! The undercover as lovers thing! The undercover spy that falls in love with the mark! The sexy avoid the laser dance! And I ate it all up! All of it, yummy yummy goodness! 

Speaking of the laser dance, this show has a really good fight choreographer and they are shot very well. No shaky cam or weird lighting, and the fights are all well staged and performed. The locker fight scene and the laser scene were both really well done. 

Glad that things turned out well for the British guy and Iona, she shouldn't have to suffer because her dad is a bad guy. And yes of course, it also has stuff to do with the continuing clashes with Frankie and Will. And Frankie's annoyance over all the romance going on around her was hilarious. "Can nobody here just do their jobs?!"

Ana Ortiz is so good, and she had a really nice episode. It was super fun seeing her in the field a bit, and even drinking and moping at the bar she comes off as super likable, and she just radiates competence. 

Rather straightforward episode, in a good way, with lots of nice character stuff. I definitely see the sparks between  Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan, even if they are clearly going for a slow burn. Especially during the laser dance, the were seriously working it!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As clumsily as Booth and Brennan got together on Bones

Now that you mention it, the Frankie-Will relationship does seem to be modeled on the Bones template.

This week I only slept through the second quarter (3rd hour of prime time network is my NyQuil) so I got to see the laser ballet.

One thing I missed because of watching a small screen across the room: Who shot the evil father in the leg? His daughter or Frankie? Both seemed mad enough for it, and both were pointing guns at him.

2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

And Frankie's annoyance over all the romance going on around her was hilarious. "Can nobody here just do their jobs?!"

That (repeated) line ("Can nobody here just do their job?") might have been inspired by a writer who was not sleeping with someone to get ahead, and glad to sing it from the rooftops in this MeToo era—which, as an older female viewer, I can relate to.

• Love 3

Was the wedding always supposed to be that weekend or did they make wedding plans just to sting her father?

I wasn't really feeling this episode, it seemed like they just glued together a bunch of scenes I saw on other TV shows.   Maybe next week.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

One thing I missed because of watching a small screen across the room: Who shot the evil father in the leg? His daughter or Frankie? Both seemed mad enough for it, and both were pointing guns at him.

His daughter.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

His daughter.

Seriously?  I thought Frankie shot the father and then asked Will if he was happy that the bad guy got shot?  Anyway, nice episode.  It was fun all around. Lauren Cohan did an excellent job acting resistant and then slowly, albeit grudgingly, starting to thaw to Will. (Seriously, why do they still insist on keeping to this ridiculously ugly Hollywood kiss???)  Foley is Foley, he's like Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) on OUAT & Manifest, very adept at portraying earnestness and sincerity.  He really sold his hurt feelings at Frankie's denial of an actual connection and subsequent anger when he found out that Frankie slept with Tattoo. I say, "Yay!" to the snub at the end. Yeah, I know Frankie was trying her best to communicate with Will, just the way he wanted and he shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but dammit, she hurt his feelings just when he was starting to trust again.  It was like a kick in the teeth so so soon after the affair. As for Susan, I'm wondering if Susan's Faux-cheer at staying behind was just a small part of her disappointment of not participating in this mission.  I know her staying behind served the purpose of integrating Ray into the show.  His entry necessitated some smoothing over if he was going to continue to be part of the cast.  I just kind of wonder if Susan was more miffed that Will shut her down when she was trying to smooth his hurt feelings.  He apologized and she seemed to feel better that he did.

All in all, quite a fun episode, including the early Nerve Gas heist/dance.  I also look forward to this series registering their nth consecutive trope next week with the introduction of the new female triangle complication of CIA/FBI/MI-6.

On a shallow note: Damn, Frankie looked like shit in that bridesmaid dress, and her deliberately dumpy posture made her look more drab.  I laughed when Will told her so AND she got offended, Ha!!!   I don't believe an actual bride would make her bridesmaids wear that crap.  Liked the shoes though.  Frankie needs to take lessons from Susan on how to look sexy, because Susan has that shit locked down.

The other two are just there for the comedic ingredient to the mix, I don't pay to see them.  My main interest is in the big 3.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

His daughter.

Went back and watched again and it was Frankie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

“FRANKIE ENCOUNTERS SOME FOREIGN FEELINGS WHEN WILL MEETS A SEXY BRITISH SPY ON THEIR LATEST MISSION”

“The English Job” – While investigating suspicious robberies in London, Will hits it off with a sexy British spy, leaving Frankie with some unexpected feelings that she doesn’t know how to process. Meanwhile, Jai competes with Susan over who is more intelligent, and Standish deals with a case of shell shock”

So is that a closed bar? Why does it have all the liquor still, just for the team?

The undercover married thing is so overdone. X-Files did it best with Mulder & Scully.

I wish they could do a show where the leads don't end up together. But I forgot that men and women can't just be best friends. (eyeroll)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

So is that a closed bar? Why does it have all the liquor still, just for the team?

Yeah, that bothers me as well. It's ridiculous to have a bar as a cover location, but it's never open to the public. And I mean ridiculous even for this kind of show. 

4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I don't believe an actual bride would make her bridesmaids wear that crap. 

You should google "ugly bridesmaid dresses." Not unusual for this. A friend of mine was once maid of honor for a Winnie-the-Pooh themed wedding. I still shudder at the description of the bridesmaid dresses. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So many tropes - but the show hands them out tongue in cheek and that makes all the difference.

Great location porn (as usual) and that baby blue vintage Citroën DS was to die for. For a moment I was truly worried they were going to wreck it! And more whacky European cover songs! Who knew there was a French version of 'I Got You, Babe'?

I'm glad they kept Susan out of the field (s. the profiler discussion from last week). And I loved Ray putting an end to her pity party - great use of the character and a really good baby step on his inevitable path to redemption.

I was surprised at Will's cold shoulder in the end - I thought the writers would push the reset button. This is more interesting.

Also: hello Olivia Lovibod, I've missed you!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

that baby blue vintage Citroën DS was to die for. For a moment I was truly worried they were going to wreck it!

I was more worried about the Citroën than I have been for any characters on the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Frankie shoots an unarmed person, just because she thought it would be funny. The show's characters' morality seem to be a little off, for them to be considered the "good guys". Standish, still not funny, but at least they toned down his chatter. They should try to differentiate the skill sets of Jai and Standish, they seem like their knowledge overlaps too much, but without either of them knowing what the other knows or maybe it is just they don't work well together yet.

• Love 2

Okay... I didn't hate Frankie's bridesmaid's dress at all, and admittedly, was looking into it as a possibility for my sister's upcoming wedding. I am pretty sure the dress is from ASOS and it comes in a few different styles - short sleeves, maternity, short, and a navy blue too. 

Ratings were .6 again, so not great but at least it didn't slip more. Modern Family and Single Parents both went down slightly. But I am not an expert in ratings at all so I am not going to pretend that I am or pretend that I know what any of it means for the show. 

This week was trope central, more so than it has been before - but the show makes it fun by acknowledging it. I did like Susan staying behind so it's not always the full team going, but I didn't see the need for both Jai and Standish to be there either. I do agree with @AnimeMania that their roles appear to be too similar right now, and they definitely need to flesh out the supporting characters some more. I also agree with others that I could see that something may have happened between Susan and Will in the past - though I don't want it because I do like that the show does have male/female friendships (that are just friends) even if the leads don't.   

• Love 2
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Speaking of the laser dance, this show has a really good fight choreographer and they are shot very well. No shaky cam or weird lighting, and the fights are all well staged and performed. The locker fight scene and the laser scene were both really well done

One thing I really like about the fights is that this show is not afraid to have male characters lay some good licks on female characters. Too many shows contrive their fights so that men only face men and women only face women when that's just not realistic. In this episode, you'd expect Will to help Frankie out with the assassin, and Will did that- unlike other shows that would have parked him on the sidelines.

• Love 9