Type keyword(s) to search

Constantine In The Media

I don't know how accurate this is, but here goes.  Blastr put an article up on July 16, and I just found it.  Here are some excerpts:

Back before NBC decided to pull the plug on the low-rated horror series, there were rumblings that Constantine might crossover into The CW’s superhero hit Arrow. Arrow had just taken a supernatural turn with the addition of the Lazarus Pit and Ra’s al Ghul, so it seemed like a natural entry point, and everyone seemed keen to make it happen...

Good news: Those conversations are apparently still underway, and Arrow executive producer Wendy Mericle says they’re actively working to close a deal with Matt Ryan (and all the movers and shakers at Warner Bros and DC) to make it a reality. Here’s an excerpt from her comments to IGN:

“Yeah, we really want to do it. It’s something we've been talking to DC about and it's just a question of some political things, but also the actor's schedule. We're trying to work it out, but we don't know 100 percent if it's going to happen But we're really optimistic and we would love to have him.”

• Love 1

If that episode does really well in the ratings, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring him back for future episodes on Arrow - or maybe even on Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

They're bringing magic into the Berlanti-verse in a way this season with Vixen; if they want to add an occult flavor to that, John is an established character to some extent. It's better to reuse him than to go get, say, Deadman or the Phantom Stranger and have to explain them.

• Love 1

The new TV Guide for August 24-30, 2015 (with FTWD cover) includes the following Cheer in its Cheers & Jeers section (from the print issue, not available online):

CHEERS TO ARROW
for reviving Constantine. Even though NBC's short-lived drama based on DC Comics' demon hunter was canceled after one season, that didn't stop The CW's flagship hit from finding a way to work Matt Ryan's (right) antihero into the action alongside Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Co. for an episode this fall.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2