Type keyword(s) to search

Grand Hotel - General Discussion

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I agree.   You would think that the adult children who are working in the family business that has generated the family wealth would get a larger share and more percentage ownership.  That seems most fair to me.  But then again, every family's situation and dynamics are different.  I knew a family with 6 kids, only 2 worked in the business, 2 were stay at home moms and 2 were deadbeats.  Yet the mother insisted that each of the children receive an equal share because she loved them all equally.  She said the 2 in the business already get rewarded with large salaries and bonuses, the 2 that were moms shouldn't be punished for putting their own families first, and the 2 deadbeats were just misguided and needed to feel the love and support of the parents otherwise they would spiral into a bad place.  Go figure.

With the Mendozas.... I have absolutely no doubt that Gigi insisted that everything be shared equally amongst the four children.  And it seemed like Santiago changed the will again to include Jason?  Gigi looked displeased.  Wouldn't Santiago have wanted to have a conversation with Jason first to determine if Jason even wanted to be treated as part of the family?

I'm curious as to exactly how much net worth the Mendozas have.  I'm thinking it's nowhere near as much as Carolina thinks it is.  The hotel was in financial trouble and barely making ends meet.  They were doing slightly better with the flash-in-the-pan performances for a month or so from El Rey, but still not enough to get out of debt.  They needed Gigi to bamboozle $2 million out of Felix to pay off Peg Bundy since they didn't have it.  I'm guessing the hotel is doing well now and is profitable, but I would imagine the current net worth of the Mendozas (not counting the hotel as an asset) is fairly low.

I think the $2MM was the monthly payment.  No?  And I think the Gigi got $50MM that Felix held in her name.  I could be making all that up too.  LOL 

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think the $2MM was the monthly payment.  No?  And I think the Gigi got $50MM that Felix held in her name.  I could be making all that up too.  LOL 

50 million?  Wow, I remember she got the chunk that Felix had in her name (which apparently he bamboozled out of Beatriz in the first place) so maybe the family does have money again.  If the money was originally Beatriz's I hope Gigi gave it to Santiago.  Now I am wondering if Santiago and Beatriz have a joint bank account, and what the status of their pre-nup is.  Also, when Santiago dies, yes, he apparently has ALL of the children in his will now but some sizeable amount would be going to Gigi.  Since Gigi was the one who insisted they all act like they are one family, Alicia and Javi (and Jason) should really inquire as to whether Gigi is changing her will to include them as her beneficiaries, and not just Carolina and Yolanda.

I think the big winner here might be Danny.  Dating the boss' daughter and his best friend is a long lost son.  He has direct ties to 2/5 of the Mendoza fortune!  

I really really really hope there is a Season 2.  I want to see Ingrid go all-in for Jason if the news he is a Mendoza gets out.  There'd be a quadrangle of sorts.  Javi, his half-brother Jason, Ingrid, and her mom.  It'd be fun to watch.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, blackwing said:

50 million?  Wow, I remember she got the chunk that Felix had in her name (which apparently he bamboozled out of Beatriz in the first place) so maybe the family does have money again.  If the money was originally Beatriz's I hope Gigi gave it to Santiago.  Now I am wondering if Santiago and Beatriz have a joint bank account, and what the status of their pre-nup is.  Also, when Santiago dies, yes, he apparently has ALL of the children in his will now but some sizeable amount would be going to Gigi.  Since Gigi was the one who insisted they all act like they are one family, Alicia and Javi (and Jason) should really inquire as to whether Gigi is changing her will to include them as her beneficiaries, and not just Carolina and Yolanda.

I think the big winner here might be Danny.  Dating the boss' daughter and his best friend is a long lost son.  He has direct ties to 2/5 of the Mendoza fortune!  

I really really really hope there is a Season 2.  I want to see Ingrid go all-in for Jason if the news he is a Mendoza gets out.  There'd be a quadrangle of sorts.  Javi, his half-brother Jason, Ingrid, and her mom.  It'd be fun to watch.

please keep in mind that I may be making this up.  I tend to drift off during certain shows.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 8:23 PM, blackwing said:

If this show wants any hope of surviving, it needs the star power of Eva Longoria.  Roselyn Sanchez is great and a kinda known TV actress.  I am aware that the lead actor is an Oscar nominee, but let’s be real, 95% of people outside of the Hispanic film scene have probably never heard of him.  This show needs more Eva.  

My scenario is that Beatriz never died after all. She’s been in a coma for the past ten years.  Gigi thought she was dead but Santiago didn’t give up and she’s been in some long term care facility in Switzerland.  She woke up and on a bipolar episode she flew home and shot Santiago for his duplicity.  He dies and the hotel and all of the money goes to Gigi, his 8 kids, stepkids, bastard kids and a goat.  The rest of the season is spent with the two women, formerly best friends, now at each other’s throats over the money.  

Alicia and Javi are overjoyed at the reunion with their mother and obviously want her to get everything since she was never dead and it was her hotel.  Gigi argues the power of attorney was given to Santiago who then gave the money and hotel to her and the various children.  Jason doesn’t know who to side with as he has no ties to either woman.  

Then at the end of the season El Rey turns up and sues the hotel because Mateo as an employee nearly killed him.  He gets everything!  And then marries Ingrid.  

Poor El Rey. Maybe he is plotting something? 🤔 😂 I know his face and I’m not Hispanic/Latino. I assume he’s “That Guy.” A male character actor who’s face is well known but not name. If it does get a S2 (pipe dream.) I wonder what conflict is going to come between Danny & Alicia? Trope says they cannot be happy and drama free until the end of the series. I’m waiting for the series to give her a life outside of that damn hotel. Hell, Javi got a full back story on his missing leg. Wanting to a professional baseball player and seen GiGi and Santiago kissing. But in general nobody has a life outside of the Overlook hotel. 

Edited by Simba122504
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Danny's level of snooping was laughable but compared to Javi's attempts at getting information out of Mr. P, Danny looks like a criminal mastermind.

Javi had the perfect excuse for asking Mr. P and the doctor if his mother was an addict. All he had to say was that he recently realized that he was an addict and since addiction often runs in families, he wanted to know if his mom had a history of addiction.

Hahaha, Byron torturing Carolina with talk about a camping wedding was hilarious. Normally I'm not a fan of people meddling in other people's relationships, but Gigi was 100% right that Carolina was only interested in Byron for his money.

I get Carolina and Yoli feeling like they aren't Santiago's kids, but at the same time, if you're worried about financial security you could, I don't know, GET A JOB.

I can't lie - I love how soapy this episode was. Santiago had an affair with Mrs. P and Jason is their son! Javi and Alicia's mom was bipolar and committed suicide! Bring on the drama!

GiGi is Carolina’s mama so it’s her job. Your parents ain’t breathing if they just accept everyone you date. 😂 When my big brother was teen, he started dating this girl who was a teen mom. Nice girl but my mom shut that shit down quick. I can understand strangers but your parents. They live for that shit. But it’s their role to have your best interest at heart. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Although......has she ever talked to Jason?

This x 1000...  I tried really hard not to compare this to the original because I knew I'd be upset and for the most part I didn't.. But suspecting that they would make Jason a half-brother like the original.. I kept wondering why they didn't have the two of them interact at all... In the original you saw the relationship between the heiress and the servant who grew up together but not equal and when she finally found out the truth... The realization that her brother had spent his life serving her and her family was all over her face... On this reboot I recall only one Jason saying he's known Alicia all his life( when he told Danny to just tell her the truth)  but I never saw it... For that reason alone I hope we get a season 2 so that we can see that relationship on-screen

• Love 2

Off-topic, but I live in a large city & this finale was bumped for a postgame wrap-up on our local channel. I came here to see what happened because they aired the repeat at 3am & my DVR caught half. I really want the show to come back, but I thought that was a pretty bad sign 😖

18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Amnesia! Did they really get through an entire season without an amnesia story arc?

I skipped several episodes mid-season, so maybe I missed it?

No, no one got amnesia. That will be a good season 2 plot, if we get one.

15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I can't lie - I love how soapy this episode was. Santiago had an affair with Mrs. P and Jason is their son! Javi and Alicia's mom was bipolar and committed suicide! Bring on the drama!

That reminds me....I have been meaning to comment how it is kind of awful to not tell your kids about a history of mental illness. Doesn't bipolar run in the family?

11 hours ago, preeya said:

Inheritances are generally not divided equally.

I feel like most people do split their money between their kids, unless there were circumstances that would cause them to want to cut out a kid. But this is a different situation because it is a blended family and a secret son.

10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm curious as to exactly how much net worth the Mendozas have.  I'm thinking it's nowhere near as much as Carolina thinks it is.  The hotel was in financial trouble and barely making ends meet.  They were doing slightly better with the flash-in-the-pan performances for a month or so from El Rey, but still not enough to get out of debt.  They needed Gigi to bamboozle $2 million out of Felix to pay off Peg Bundy since they didn't have it.  I'm guessing the hotel is doing well now and is profitable, but I would imagine the current net worth of the Mendozas (not counting the hotel as an asset) is fairly low.

It definitely seems like they don't have a lot of liquid assets, it is all tied up in the hotel. Otherwise they could have just paid off whats-her-name. But, even if they are having trouble making ends meet running the hotel, property like that could be worth millions. They just may have to sell it to actually see any of that. We know Alicia would not want to sell, but she probably wouldn't have the cash to but them out.

I'm probably giving this more though than the writers have. 

• Useful 1

I'm curious as to whether Santiago's will was officially changed before he died. Just before he called Mrs. P, he was on the phone (presumably with his lawyer) and he said, "Send me the new estate plan and we'll take it from there," which made me think that he told the lawyer to add Jason as a beneficiary but that he still needed to sign it in order to make it official.

I'm not sure what the law is in Florida regarding inheritance and blood relatives, but if Santiago's will was not officially changed before his death then in order to inherit, Jason would have to contest the will based on his blood relationship and I can't imagine Jason wanting to do that. Then again, maybe he'll do it out of spite (always the best motivation for anything on a soap opera!).

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I can't imagine Jason wanting to do that. Then again, maybe he'll do it out of spite (always the best motivation for anything on a soap opera!).

I can't either.. But I feel like Alicia would try to make it happen otherwise.. And I don't think anyone else really has a leg to stand on to go against her... That's if Santiago is even really dead... ( and we get a season 2)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

In “things I didn’t see coming,” I did not see Jason still being with the long distance girlfriend. I thought she ghosted him after her vacation. Did I kiss something?

I didn't see that coming either, but she didn't ghost him. Jason was going to surprise her in wherever she lives, and Ingrid told him to call first. I was kind of expecting her to blow him off when he called, and Jason to be heartbroken, but we didn't see the conversation, so obviously she didn't.

Maybe I was just expecting that because the actress played such a bitch on Make It or Break It.

1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

I can't either.. But I feel like Alicia would try to make it happen otherwise.. And I don't think anyone else really has a leg to stand on to go against her... That's if Santiago is even really dead... ( and we get a season 2)

Jason mentioned saving for grad school in one episode, so he could certainly use the money. But I also feel like he would not want to fight for it, or possibly even take anything.

7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Ingrid had tried to get with Jason at one point, right? She's likely going to be thinking "Not again!" when she finds out she let yet another heir slip from her grasp.

After Javier blew her off and the parkers took her in.. I think she started to reevaluate her feelings about Jason.. Then when he himself moved on from his Uber crush on her ahead to get tried to derail his nascent relationship with the genius cheerleader.. But momma P told her that wasn't cool to not really want him.. But to not let him find anything else... And then she thought she had an opening when daddy p was in the hospital.. But Vanessa was there again.. So at least for now she's back to mater... What she actually feels and how finding out that Jason is also an heir ( if we get season 2) is up in the air

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, KaveDweller said:

I was glad Alicia asked the obvious question of how her dad never could have guessed the baby born 9 months after his affair was his. The answer doesn't make sense though, because even if Jason was born early, that was still almost 8 months into the pregnancy. Santiago should have questioned it earlier and asked for a DNA test.

So the scenario then must have been that Mrs. P told Santiago that she had already been pregnant with Malcolm's child, like early about 4 weeks, when she slept with him.  Why did Malcolm say he always thought that Jason wasn't his son?  He certainly looks black and doesn't look like he could be half Mexican?  Why would he hold that inside for 25 years and never question his wife?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Irlandesa said:

The show tricked me into thinking that it was Mrs. P who did Sky in.  I should have seen it was Mr. P but I enjoyed that moment of deception.

Yeah, I was bamboozled too.  When Gigi said "she was killed by somebody who would do anything to protect her family" and they cut to Mrs. P, I kind of assumed it was Mrs. P.  I didn't even clue in when Danny said he would check on Malcolm,  I thought he was giving Alicia time to confront Mrs. P alone.  In the end, it makes sense since he's dead and no major character would have to go to jail.

The whole killing of Sky was ridiculous.  I guess Malcolm was embarrassed as well or didn't want knowledge that Jason wasn't his son to get out to everyone or most importantly Jason himself.  But surely there must have been another way.  Kidnap her, torture her, do anything to find that letter.  But killing her?  Not a great solution.

And as far as the letter, sure, it was hidden in a secret compartment of her jewelry safe.  But it obviously wasn't that secret if just touching the back of the safe caused it to open. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, blackwing said:

I think I remember $50 million too.  When Gigi went with Felix down to the Bahamas, she drugged him and then transferred all the money to her.  But whose money was that?  I'm still confused about that.  Felix stole the money from Beatriz and Santiago?  How?  And how stupid of him to leave it in Beatriz's name.  So Gigi just gave the money back to Santiago?  Sure sounds like she did since she was concerned about the financial future of her children.

Lately I've thought Carolina looks like she's gained some weight.   She's supposed to be the pretty one, but I find her being squeezed into dresses that are too tight.  Sort of like when Mariah Carey would do the same and looked like a sausage.

If Santiago dies, I'll be disappointed.  I'm not familiar with the original show, but I hope this one continues to veer away from that.  Demian Bechir is the name actor in this show (aside of course from Eva) who has the Oscar nomination.  But who knows what they will decide if the show is renewed.  He was shot right in the center of his abdomen, with the soapy effect of blood seemingly pouring out and drenching his shirt.  In a deserted basement hallway.  With all the power shut off.  So presumably nobody around to hear him cry for help.  Not looking good for him.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Demian Bechir is the name actor in this show (aside of course from Eva) who has the Oscar nomination.  But who knows what they will decide if the show is renewed

According to IMDB Damian Bechir has a number of projects in the works, so perhaps he can't/couldn't commit to another season of this.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

The whole killing of Sky was ridiculous.  I guess Malcolm was embarrassed as well or didn't want knowledge that Jason wasn't his son to get out to everyone or most importantly Jason himself.  But surely there must have been another way.  Kidnap her, torture her, do anything to find that letter.  But killing her?  Not a great solution.

Didn't he say it was an accident? That he thought Sky was trying to hurt Gigi so he was just trying to protect her?

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, preeya said:

According to IMDB Damian Bechir has a number of projects in the works, so perhaps he can't/couldn't commit to another season of this.

Depends on when this films and it's a summer series. 13 episodes a season which is something busy actors can do which why they prefer cable and streaming. Less episode count. Unlike fall network  television which is usually 22/23/24 episodes a season unless the lead asks for less episodes. 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Didn't he say it was an accident? That he thought Sky was trying to hurt Gigi so he was just trying to protect her?

He picked up some big branch (?) and whacked her so hard in the back of the head that she bled and died immediately. I wouldn’t call it an accident. Maybe he didn’t mean for her to die, yes, but then don’t swing a heavy object at her head.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, greyhorse said:

He picked up some big branch (?) and whacked her so hard in the back of the head that she bled and died immediately. I wouldn’t call it an accident. Maybe he didn’t mean for her to die, yes, but then don’t swing a heavy object at her head.

I mean, I agree, but I believe he said it was an accident. But tbh I didn't play that close of attention lol. And in any case he was probably just trying to convince himself it was.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, I agree, but I believe he said it was an accident. But tbh I didn't play that close of attention lol. And in any case he was probably just trying to convince himself it was.

I feel it was 60/40 keeping the secret/protecting Gigi... Sky did have the gun.. And in that kind of unstable situation anything can happen.. But she was also threatening to do something that would forever change his relationship with his son... His wife... His boss and his boss' family... Not to mention the number it would do on Jason... Tho considering it'll probably still come out... Except now his dad is also the murderer of his friend's sister and his bio-dad has been shot... Not sure things worked out the way Malcolm was hoping

• Love 3
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damian Bechir is also a producer so I could maybe see him deciding to step away from acting on the show.

But honestly this sadly isn't gonna get picked up so none of this really matters.

I think producers often put up the money for a show, right? So maybe if Demián Bichir really wanted the show to get another season, it might.

And they could have his character in a coma for most of the second season (so he could act in shows that would garner more respect).

• Love 1
On 9/14/2019 at 9:53 PM, shapeshifter said:

I think producers often put up the money for a show, right? So maybe if Demián Bichir really wanted the show to get another season, it might.

It's likely a courtesy credit given to him as a sweetener because he's a star name/one that allows him input into the scripts/direction of the show and possibly a producer fee. It's very unlikely he or his production company (which he probably has) put any money into the show.

And most production companies, much less producers, are going to create a season of a show without some kind of home/distribution method.  If ABC cancels it, they might shop it to another network but they won't go into production without that being clear.

A decision should have been made at this point. ABC said an announcement would be made after the S1 finale. It's been a week. Even if it were a cast contract thing, I feel like Deadline and Co would have reported on it.  The new fall season will be soon underway. Is this summer guilty pleasure coming back in 2020 or nah? 

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

A decision should have been made at this point. ABC said an announcement would be made after the S1 finale. It's been a week. Even if it were a cast contract thing, I feel like Deadline and Co would have reported on it.  The new fall season will be soon underway. Is this summer guilty pleasure coming back in 2020 or nah? 

I think (hope) that's a good sign... if Already Been Cancelled truly had zero faith in the show they would have announced the cancellation pretty much immediately I would have thought.  Here's hoping for another season.

• Love 4
On 9/13/2019 at 8:00 AM, peachmangosteen said:

yes sky was holding a gun on gigi   so partly he was protecting gigi and part he was protecting the "secret"

• Love 1

Today someone was talking about some viral video which featured a baby panda trying to eat metal, repeatedly falling off its perch and almost killing itself, peeing directly onto its keeper and generally being utterly stupid and self-destructive but still adorably cute and near-impossible to stay angry with.

That made me think of this show so I thought I'd stop by and see if it had been cancelled yet?

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • LOL 1
On 9/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, sue450 said:

yes sky was holding a gun on gigi   so partly he was protecting gigi and part he was protecting the "secret"

Some states allow someone to use deadly force when they are under the belief that someone is about to cause physical harm to another.  Not sure if Florida is one of those states.  The argument would be that Malcolm thought that Skye was about to kill Gigi and therefore Malcolm would be justified in attacking Skye to try to prevent Skye from killing Gigi.

However, I believe that a lot of this depends on facts and circumstances.  Where was Malcolm before he suddenly popped up and hit Skye on the head from behind.  Did he witness the whole thing?  Or did he just happen to be trimming the hedges at 10 pm at night in a hurricane and popped out at the last minute?  If he had seen the whole thing from the beginning, he would have seen a terrified Skye trying to escape a vengeful Gigi, who was deliberately stalking Skye with a gun.  I would think he would have had to have seen most of it, it doesn't seem reasonable that he was outside in the storm just randomly hanging around.

In the end, he's dead, so I guess it doesn't matter.  However, I'm still annoyed that there was no mention as to why Gigi isn't being charged with accessory to manslaughter, or at the very least, concealment of a death and obstruction of justice.  If this show comes back, I really hope this gets mentioned.  Maybe Danny urged the cop to not pursue it, for the sake of Alicia.  A throwaway line that mentioned this would have been nice.

9 hours ago, BaskingsharkGTX said:

Today someone was talking about some viral video which featured a baby panda trying to eat metal, repeatedly falling off its perch and almost killing itself, peeing directly onto its keeper and generally being utterly stupid and self-destructive but still adorably cute and near-impossible to stay angry with.

That made me think of this show so I thought I'd stop by and see if it had been cancelled yet?

Hahahah.  I am off to look for this video.  When I was at the Atlanta Zoo I took video of a baby panda sleeping on a perch in what was apparently his mom's spot.  Mom climbed up, picked up baby by the back of the neck and promptly dropped him three feet onto the ground, and then took her spot.  Too funny.

No news as to the fate of the show as of this morning, 10/1.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why even bother airing any shows since every single one is cancelled. This is why network tv is failing (and yet I still watch a lot of network shows). 

Especially true for any show on ABC.  Living up to the "Already Been Cancelled" derogatory moniker.  It seems that so many shows on ABC with great premises or great casts that I liked get cancelled way too soon.  Whiskey Cavalier, Forever, Time After Time, Charlies Angels reboot, Homefront, Agent Carter, Inhumans, Young Indiana Jones, 666 Park Avenue.  And now Grand Hotel.

I know that other networks cancel shows prematurely as well, it just seems more glaringly obvious to me when ABC does it.  ABC sucks.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2

I saw a bunch of advertisement before the premiere, but not sure I saw much for it once the series started (although I don't watch a ton of ABC).  It seems like it could have been promoted a bit better.

Too bad - was a fun show and think they actually had a blue print for their stories instead of just having a bunch of shock and awe events.  

• Love 3
On 9/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, blackwing said:

Ah yes, I mixed up the timeline.  You are both right, Sky and Yoli used the room to hook up.  I cannot remember how Yoli had a key in the first place... you would think that Gigi would know that was a "sacred room".  Yoli knew the room was unused and abandoned but I can't remember how she had a key.  She made Sky a copy of the key.  

Somewhere along the line Sky found the note... but again, did it just fall out of Gigi's pocket and Sky found it 9 years later or so?

Now that I think about it, Gigi must not have had access to the room for all these years... it wasn't until Yoli gave her the key back that she went into the room looking for the note.  Which again, stupid.  She is married to the hotel's owner, if she had wanted in to the room to look for the note years ago, she could have done so. 

remember the scene with gigis daughter and her gilrfriend in that room   the daughter showed her the clothes and shoes and then opened the safe and was showing her girlfriend  gigi's jewelry...when she went across the room back turned the lover poked around the jewelry box..a false back opened up showing the envelope (with suicide note that gigi was looking for)...she said hey there is a false back..gigis daughter didn't care...so she kept the letter found out the  room  was locked up right after the first mrs mendoza died.......gigis daughter made her girlfriend a copy of the key so they could meet in this unused room for their trysts...The lover had a habit of hiding things in the air ducts according to her brother...so of course  she put it in the air duct of the unused room

This really sucks, I am sad to hear that we wont get another season. And networks dont know why people dont want to start watching new show...

Maybe Eva can shop it around? I would follow it to Netflix or something.

• Love 1

This show had a lot of potential, but didn't live up to it. I enjoyed it, but the script really needed a few more rounds of editing, and in a lot of the scenes, the dialogue seemed unnatural. You could really tell that they were reciting lines rather than being people in a situation reacting naturally and saying what their character would say.

Danny in particular was kind of a deadweight compared to his counterpart in the original, Julio. Julio had a lot more charisma, and the scenes showed a lot more of how he used clever scheming and charms to get away with things and get help. The original also had denser, more intricately woven plotting, and the stakes seemed higher. Like, the hotel was fairly isolated with just a small village nearby, and Julio had a criminal history. Working in the hotel was really his ONLY chance to investigate, as there weren't many other jobs nearby he could get, and the hotel was so exclusive that a lower class man couldn't have merely dropped by the bar for a drink and a chance to chat up the employees.

Plus, a lot of times in this show they seemed to have no idea how a hotel or resort is run. A general manager would not be painting flowers or really dealing with flowers or that kind of thing at all. They would have a go-to list of local vendors to order from, and they would know how to tell the clients to choose from things that actually exist. And someone with the slightest bit of sense and tact would not tell a gay man who lived in a VERY conservative place and was finally getting married that she knew just what that was like because her boyfriend wanted to keep things quiet for awhile. Also, if half your staff walks out, your top priorities are getting the rooms cleaned (skip vacuuming and dusting for a day unless it looks bad!), getting people checked in and out, and serving food and drink. If your laundry and maintenance are in a desperate situation after less than a day, you have bigger, more ongoing problems. And laundry can be sent out to another commercial facility. 

I did like a lot of individual scenes and characters, but the whole show never really came together for me. It needed more rigor and polish. I think they should start over and try the whole thing again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, S.Batts said:

So shall we all say who our guesses are on who shot Santiago? 

My guess is Felix.  

So bummed this got cancelled.  

I'm sticking with Beatriz, back from the dead, on a manic episode.

In the Season 2 season finale, Sky returns from the dead.  They never said what they did with her body and apparently she wasn't as dead as Malcolm had thought.  In classic soap opera fashion, she resurfaces to interrupt the wedding of Yolanda and Marisa.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

In the Season 2 season finale, Sky returns from the dead.

I am not sure this needs spoiler tags,

Spoiler

but in case someone wants to watch the original and not be spoiled - the sister did show up alive in the original.