Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Shelter From the Storm

• Start Topic

Put me on the "Lena was right" train. The writers had to make that intentional because she made good points in this episode and the last one about not having to answer to a government agency that keeps itself secret.

Enjoyed the homage to Lex' gauntlet in his mansion from the deleted scene in the first Superman movie.

Whether Lena knows Kara is Supergirl or not(I'm kind of hoping she doesn't) the elevator scene at the end was great for Kara to realize "Oh yeah, I was being a jerk!"

• Love 2

Supergirl:  I should be the only one on the planet with kryptonite.

*In Gotham Bruce Wayne is watching all of this in the cave because you know he hacked into the DEO's cameras.*

Wayne: No you should bitch.

Which is what I yelled at the TV after she said that.

31 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Whether Lena knows Kara is Supergirl or not(I'm kind of hoping she doesn't) the elevator scene at the end was great for Kara to realize "Oh yeah, I was being a jerk!"

Not only that, but you know Kara is going to confront Jimmy about lying to her. Remember, he said he looked in Lena's vault, but he didn't.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KirkB said:

Kryptonians are Earth do tend to think of themselves as better than everyone else on some level,

I think that's what Mon-El and Mom & Pop-El were saying all last season.  That Kryptonians think they are so above everyone else...so superior morally and intellectually.  It doesn't, it seems, have anything to do with them coming to Earth.  Apparently that's how their species was all along.   And you can kind of see it in Kara.  Everyone must be "redeemable" and if she tries hard enough, she will get through to their good side.  Even if putting blinders on and refusing to see/hear the truth has caused other people to get hurt/die.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Supergirl needs to move to Legends of Tomorrow because her character needs redeeming. Jeez, I don't remember ever being this annoyed at one of our heroes...not even broody Oliver, Laurel Lance or mopey Flash. At this point, I just want a spin-off of Lena Luther. Alex and Imra can join.

I agree with everything that's been said and have been liking almost every post.

Brainy seems to be popular but I just never warmed up to him. I don't mind him, but he's just sort of there.

The Martian dad storyline has been taking up way too much time for my liking. A little bit is fine, but it's been taking up so much airtime...

Mon-el...sigh. Why so predictable, show? I actually kinda liked him when he first showed up. Then they ruined his character with the whole romance. I warmed up to him again when he came back all mature and businessy. And they had to ruin him again. So Imra basically gave him a pass to go hook up with Kara?

And because it needs saying: I miss Cat Grant.

Edited by CloudySky
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

"And you knew 12 year old (going on 8) Ruby was going to mess things up by trying to contact mommy. Ugh."

Problem with the writing on CW's Supergirl is that I couldn't even be annoyed with Ruby. Alex annoyed me the most in that scenario. She just had to see Ruby, even tho Lena was (rightfully) hesitant to let her do so. Then she just leaves her (unpassword protected) phone out for anyone to thumb through it? Like....Brainy is right. There are no level 1 intellects in DEO. A true brain trust, they are

I wanted to be annoyed with Ruby because Ruby is annoying. But it's not like they explained the risks to her and she did something stupid. All she knew was that everyone was lying to her, she hadn't seen her Mum who was sick, and she was stuck in some weird gothic mansion without her family. This isn't like the kids in The Rain.

4 hours ago, KirkB said:

I know a lot of people are hoping for a big 'shocking swerve' reveal but I'm pretty sure Lena does NOT know Kara is Supergirl. 

That scene was a woman venting to her best friend about a colleague that pissed her off. She does not know Kara is Supergirl. 

• Love 4

I agree with what someone said before, that Lena has done absolutely nothing that should make us doubt her. Unfortunately, Supergirl has given Lena plenty of reason not to trust Supergirl.  And whether Lena knows if Kara is Supergirl or not (I'm leaning towards yes), when it eventually comes out that she is, I doubt Lena will be that surprised.

I feel positive that we're not supposed to see Kara as in the right. Sure, her apology to Lena sucked ass (NEVER go with a variation of 'I'm sorry....BUT....'), but the show also made sure that Lena didn't apologize for her actions. If she was in the wrong, she would have thrown in an apology as well. Plus, Lena's Kryptonite did help catch Reign, AND wasn't used against Supergirl. Plus, Kara got a dose of her own medicine with Lena telling her that she basically hated Supergirl because of her actions. I'd say that it could be a reality check for Kara, who has had a God complex all series, but not as bad as it's been this season. I like that they're actively portraying Kara as wrong instead of the wronged (looking at you, The Flash). I do think they've been setting up for Kara's downfall. Last episode, now that I think about it, had Kara complaining about being human in Sam's alt world, which is another hint that she does feel superior and like a God, and that being human really terrifies her.

Exactly. Kara needs to be taken down a notch or two. One can hope that elevator conversation knocks a bit of sense back into her. Lena's the best ally she's had yet, and she's "this" close to fucking it up, if that hasn't happened already...

That moment when you are pulled completely out of a dramatic moment by the character's atrocious lipstick. She looks like she just finished a pie eating contest at the Smallville fair.

reign.png

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I also really hope that Lena was fucking with Kara in the elevator, because I can't believe that the smartest person on this whole show has no idea Kara is Supergirl.

Unless Supergirl has some memory loss spray, I don't see how Lena can not know.  She knows that James is Guardian, knows both Superman and Supergirl and is a good friend of Kara, she knows that Kara's sister, Alex, is with the DEO where Supergirl hangs out.  She knows that Kara and Supergirl look the same age and both have long blonde hair. She would have to be all kinds of an idiot not to have realized by now that Kara is Supergirl.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Didn't she also know that Mon-El was Kara's boyfriend -- KARA'S, not Supergirl's? I mean, come on.

(Also, I know Brainy is smarter, but he's gone again and I'm not counting him, haha.)

• Love 5

I give these shows a decent amount of grief for manufacturing conflict for their characters- but this is one instance where I felt both sides had reasonable points, as well as understandable faults.  Ultimately, yes- it was a good thing that Lena had the Kryptonite to use against Reign.  At the same time, how do you decide to just "make" that stuff?  Between this and spending weeks secretly experimenting on poor Sam, Lena has really been venturing into mad scientist territory.

Speaking of which, Kara definitely comes off as a hypocrite with her own secret keeping, and asking James to do her snooping was a bad look. Still, I understand why the Kryptonite is such a big deal for her. Yes, we mere humans face countless mortal dangers, and she basically has this one weakness. But I'm sorry- Kryptonite is not a car, or a drug, or even a gun. It's basically a chemical weapon with a specific target set, and it sounds like torture to endure.  If Lena really thought creating more of the one thing that could kill her friend was a good idea, she should have at least run it by Team DEO first. Making it behind their backs (and then lying about it) is a shocking decision, and I don't blame Kara for feeling betrayed.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, KirkB said:

I know a lot of people are hoping for a big 'shocking swerve' reveal but I'm pretty sure Lena does NOT know Kara is Supergirl. Given how pissed she was at the end there would be no reason for her to keep up the pretense. I do agree though that Lena was pretty much a hundred percent right and Kara (and Kal) come off as "I'm more important than you" when they declare kryptonite should not exist, period. I get it's the only substance in the world that can hurt you and you are right to be afraid of it, but you don't really have the right to tell other people what to do when they're not breaking the law or hurting anyone. If you don't want to associate with Lena because she has kryptonite fine, but sometimes I do think Lillian is like 10% right. Kryptonians are Earth do tend to think of themselves as better than everyone else on some level, it kind of comes with being a demigod, it's just that the two most prominent ones (Kara and Kal) are not, contrary to what she believes out to actually rule the world. You don't have to obey their will. unless of course you have kryptonite.

I also have my distinct doubts that Lena knows, mainly because of what she said to Kara about what James did (or, specifically, didn't do). I don't think she would deliberately betray his confidence like that.

I'm also on Lena's side in this debate. Supergirl clearly let her emotions get to her. But I don't think that Lena will go "dark" or "bad". She just feels betrayed by someone she trusted. I think that in the end, she will get over it, precisely because she is a good person at heart. I also think that Supergirl, or Kara, at the moment, is acting too emotionally, and doesn't see things clearly anymore. It's only natural that the events with Reign are nagging on her in a way that is beyond the usual stress she experiences during her missions. Reign has the power to probably kill Supergirl, or at least seriously harm her in an irreparable way, and is a threat to the world like not many things before her. I think all that stress and pressure is getting to Kara and makes her feel more vulnerable than usual. It's very human, actually. I like that conflict it creates for her, and the unfortunate results it creates. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

And the fact that Kara has problems trusting Lena because of her family, that's all too human, too. The "Sins of the Father" proverb tells us all we need to know about that.

In the end, Lena is probably right about "never meeting our heroes". Mostly, finding out that they are, in the end, very human, and therefore flawed, is destroying any illusion we might have, very fast.

Edited by Lambsilencer
  • Love 2
On 5/15/2018 at 9:31 AM, Lugal said:

And Guardian takes off his helmet in the middle of his break-in?  I give them points for putting a bit of a twist on it.  I like that Alex finally gets a super-suit, (other than when she was mind-controlled a few seasons ago and was sent to fight Supergirl in the Kryptonite suit.  Speaking of which, does she still have that?  It might be useful right now)

Speaking of which, whatever happened to those Kryptonite immunity gadgets the evil Kryptonians had during the first season? Slapping one of those on Supergirl and giving her some Kryptonite would have given her a distinct advantage against the Worldkillers that she sorely needs and is something they can't counter, especially if they cover up that big "shining light of vulnerability" it had.

Also yes, Alex's "supersuit" seems pretty useless, the gun she has barely even does anything to any of the Worldkillers and her suit doesn't make her able to at least tank a few blows from them so what good is it? That Kryptonite suit she had was at least strong enough to take some hits from a weakened Supergirl, and there's other much better supersuits in this universe she could be using (and the DEO should have standard issue for it's agents by now).

On 5/15/2018 at 10:23 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And then we had Clark from Smallville, who WISHED he were human, and on a regular basis hated his powers, because his powers always prevented him from being with the Pink Pestilence.

And like a lot of characters in a lot of media who have superpowers that only ever benefit them, they have no good reason to hate their powers yet hate them anyway.

And this is just ridiculous. Not what you stated, but that Martian Manhunter can't fight alongside Kara; Hell, the DCAU, Justice League managed to have him fight along with his mates and it was a team effort. If these idiots can't figure out how to have Kara and J'onn fight together, then they need to watch episodes of DCAU's Justice League.

Unless Supergirl is indisposed or isn't around for some reason so that he actually HAS to win a fight J'onn gets taken out immediately in any fight he's in or doesn't even appear even though he should, because otherwise he'd probably beat up the threat easily and thus make Supergirl redundant. This is why supporting characters are called SUPPORTING CHARACTERS, they are supposed to be effective enough to support the main character in everything they do, not be so superior to them in every way that the main character doesn't have a reason to exist. Though really I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the plot, but mostly that they don't want to spend money on the makeup and effects for him so they use him as little as possible, an issue that could be solved simply by having him fight in his human form the vast majority of the time instead.

On 5/15/2018 at 11:02 AM, KirkB said:

I don't generally like kids, period, and am rarely if ever interested in watching them on my shows, especially action shows. But if you need to have a kid, for the love of all that's holy. either cast an actor the age they are supposed to be or else write them their actual age. The actress is fourteen and I think it basically shows, but I swear they write her half the time like she's eight or ten.

The most important thing is to not make them a load. Just because they are a kid does not mean they have to be an idiot, and if they do happen to get in peril at least have them make a token attempt to save themselves. Kid characters don't work because 9 times out of 10 they never do anything but be annoying brats and get in the way of the adults, and the 1 out of 10 is only when they are the main protagonists.

Re: the anti-Kryptonite gadgets, for reasons, Wynn created a version that was less effective. Superman and Supergirl used those versions in an episode with Metallo and were like "Ha! This gadget stops your blasts until it doesn't." and stood around and took hits until the shielding wore out.

As far as I know, that was the last time we saw anything related to those devices.

(edited)
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Unless Supergirl has some memory loss spray, I don't see how Lena can not know.  She knows that James is Guardian, knows both Superman and Supergirl and is a good friend of Kara, she knows that Kara's sister, Alex, is with the DEO where Supergirl hangs out.  She knows that Kara and Supergirl look the same age and both have long blonde hair. She would have to be all kinds of an idiot not to have realized by now that Kara is Supergirl.

The worst part? All they had to do was have Kara wear a brunette wig like she did in the comics and the DCAU and it would have made the whole "nobody figures out Kara is Supergirl until she outright tells them" seem completely plausible. All it would take them is actually giving the actress a decent wig and it would solve the issue just fine.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

Also yes, Alex's "supersuit" seems pretty useless, the gun she has barely even does anything to any of the Worldkillers and her suit doesn't make her able to at least tank a few blows from them so what good is it? That Kryptonite suit she had was at least strong enough to take some hits from a weakened Supergirl, and there's other much better supersuits in this universe she could be using (and the DEO should have standard issue for it's agents by now).

Using magnets to make your gun come back to your hand is useful (assuming no one kicks it out of the way), but it's no Kryptonite sword.  Seriously, they still have to have that laying around somewhere.

Alex-in-a-kryptonite-suit-supergirl-2015

And on sword-related topics, the DEO agents should really learn what a Quickening looks like.

• Love 2

So did Imra basically tell Mon El to go be a butterfly? Like if he wants to stay and be with Kara he should stay and be with Kara, but she's setting him free and if he comes back to her in the future, it was because it was meant to be?

It's a really crappy situation to put the characters in, in general.. because nobody wants to root for a cheater. And even if Imra basically told Mon El to go follow his heart or whatever, its still not great. For Kara and how devastated she was when he had to leave, i wouldn't mind if they got back together... but I don't like they way they are going about it. 

• Love 4
On 5/15/2018 at 5:17 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Because while Kara likes to think of herself as some enlightened and open-minded individual, she just automatically assumes the worst of Lena for daring to be a Luthor.  And it sucks, because it's taking one of the more interesting relationships in this show and kind of ruin it, since I'm really questioning Kara's actual feelings towards Lena as a friend.

As long as Kara is keeping a huge secret from Lena (her secret identity), I don't feel that their friendship can be entirely genuine.

Great to see Betty Buckley again as Sam's mom and she was great in the scene trying to reach Reign. Going to miss her.

Man, they got Cynthia Stevens just to play Lex' housesitter?  I always liked her since she was on Cheers as Norm's secretary and later Bob Newhart's daughter in the shortlived Bob. She's barely aged.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Great to see Betty Buckley again as Sam's mom and she was great in the scene trying to reach Reign. Going to miss her.

Man, they got Cynthia Stevens just to play Lex' housesitter?  I always liked her since she was on Cheers as Norm's secretary and later Bob Newhart's daughter in the shortlived Bob. She's barely aged.

Cynthia Stevenson. Dead Like Me!

• Love 2
On 5/15/2018 at 8:31 AM, cambridgeguy said:

That kryptonite pepper spray would have been far more useful than the rock they used at the end so where was it?

Didn't anyone ask how James and Lena survived Reign's attack? Wouldn't Supergirl have realized right then that Lena had lied about having no more kryptonite? 

On 5/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

. . . you know Kara is going to confront Jimmy about lying to her. Remember, he said he looked in Lena's vault, but he didn't.

And if Guardian had gotten into the vault, owould it have been in a way that left no trace?  OR would he have blown the vault door off, which would have made Lena wonder who was raiding her HQ?

10 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

The worst part? All they had to do was have Kara wear a brunette wig like she did in the comics and the DCAU and it would have made the whole "nobody figures out Kara is Supergirl until she outright tells them" seem completely plausible. All it would take them is actually giving the actress a decent wig and it would solve the issue just fine.

And don't call her Kara when she's in her secret identity!  Kara is her real name, and Supergirl has certainly been called Kara at the DEO.  I guess the problem is that she knew her true name when she came to earth, so she used it , as opposed to Kal, who was found as a baby and given the name Clark.

3 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And don't call her Kara when she's in her secret identity!  Kara is her real name, and Supergirl has certainly been called Kara at the DEO.  I guess the problem is that she knew her true name when she came to earth, so she used it , as opposed to Kal, who was found as a baby and given the name Clark.

I think the idea is that the general public doesn't know that Supergirl's name is Kara. Although, it was mentioned before that at the DEO, people sometimes call her Kara, even though it's nowhere near clear that no one who is not supposed to know is in hearing proximity. I don't think everyone at the DEO is supposed to be in on the secret, based on the fact that they often call her Supergirl at the DEO, too.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lugal said:

And on sword-related topics, the DEO agents should really learn what a Quickening looks like.

I'm pretty sure Quickenings don't involve swords, assuming you mean the ones from Final Fantasy 12.

7 hours ago, Ravon Okiro said:

I'm pretty sure Quickenings don't involve swords, assuming you mean the ones from Final Fantasy 12.

Actually, I was talking about Highlander (Yes, I'm old)

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Lambsilencer said:

I don't think everyone at the DEO is supposed to be in on the secret, based on the fact that they often call her Supergirl at the DEO, too.

Given the many, many times we've seen Kara walking around the DEO in her civvies that seems unlikely.  I'm sure the supersuits are uncomfortable (this is probably why Barry is always taking off his damned cowl) but unless J'onn mindwipes his agents on a regular basis a lot of agents have to know the truth.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, immortalfrieza said:

All it would take them is actually giving the actress a decent wig and it would solve the issue just fine.

Arrow has proven that coming up with a decent wig is the one thing the prop department can never do.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lugal said:

I had responded with something like “it’s Highlander. Philistine!”

And then didn’t post because I panicked that maybe it wasn’t Highlander and I was too, too old. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lugal said:

1 minute ago, AudienceofOne said:

I had responded with something like “it’s Highlander. Philistine!”

And then didn’t post because I panicked that maybe it wasn’t Highlander and I was too, too old. 

It's okay.  I, in turn, feel much too young.

• Love 2

Maybe its because my ankle is hurt or because I got caught in an Internet wormhole about how James really got shafted from season two onwards... I decided to actually watch some season one episodes again... And I may actually be angrier about what they've done to the show than I thought... I get quality dips from CBS paying the bills and shooting in L. A to CW footing the bill in balmy Vancouver.... But man what they did to the character of Mr.  Olsen is even worse... They did have "chemistry " and maybe more logically they made sense... I mean what exactly did Mon-el actually bring to the table... Especially early in season two when Kara blew off Jimmy to find herself then proceeded to spend all her time with him... And we lost maxwell lord for Morgan edge??... Watttttt!!!!!! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

And we lost maxwell lord for Morgan edge??... Watttttt!!!!!! 

I won't complain about Adrian Pasdar, but sometimes I wonder if some actors can't get into Canada. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I won't complain about Adrian Pasdar, but sometimes I wonder if some actors can't get into Canada. 

I forgot the actor's name, but he didn't want to make the move to Canada. That's why we lost Max Lord.

31 minutes ago, Ravon Okiro said:

I forgot the actor's name, but he didn't want to make the move to Canada. That's why we lost Max Lord.

Peter Facinelli.. And oh ok.. Still did the writers forget how to make a compelling foil??..  Not an outright villian but somebody who isn't all the way in Kara's camp... I mean Edge was a mega moustache twirler it was 89000 miles away from subtle 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, Lantern7 said:

The girl at the very end . . . .huh? Did I miss something??

On 5/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Looking Fwd to the James epi next week.. We'll also get some context as to who that girl was who stole the book from the colville ppl

Given her look and the fact that someone yelled after her "Tanya", I'm realllllllly hoping that she's

Spoiler

Tanya Spears/Power Girl

(edited)

Oh, show, you never seem to cease cracking jokes even when you don't want to. "All that I've learned with Mon-El is still isn't enough to defeat Reign". No, shit, Kara. All you've learnt is some Spanish dance move with your cape and how to stick your foot so Reign would fall over. 

Imra, what? You're letting your husband stick around with his ex? That's not you talking, that's the show runners talking while projecting hopes and dreams of Mon-El/Kara shippers. 

Edited by Rushmoras
On 5/17/2018 at 11:13 PM, Macktor said:

Given her look and the fact that someone yelled after her "Tanya", I'm realllllllly hoping that she's

Hide contents

Oh I so hope not.  That's all this show needs, another under-powered character to regularly lose/just-barely-win fights alongside Kara and Co.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:50 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I always did wonder why the show didn't do what the comics had Kara do right from the beginning, when Superman told her that she'd have to have a secret identity of her own to protect her and to keep her existence on Earth unknown until she had become accustomed to Earth and fully trained in the use of her new powers.  Superman came up with the idea of the wig, but Kara herself used her super-hearing and heard many Earth names being used and made up a name she liked from what she heard -- Linda Lee (later changed to Linda Lee Danvers when she was finally adopted almost two years later).

On 5/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Arrow has proven that coming up with a decent wig is the one thing the prop department can never do.

And the wig didn't always work even in the comics.  Several people were somehow able to figure out that Linda Danvers and Supergirl were the same person in spite of the wig, although they never tended to last very long in Supergirl's life once they did.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 9:35 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

Lena totally knows about Kara. She was fucking with her in the elevator.

I WANT TO BELIEVE THIS SO BAD! But the show really is trying to play it like one of the smartest characters with ALL the clues in front of her really can't make the connection. ... Just for a big confrontation later? It's getting dumber the longer she doesn't know. And I was so sure Lena knew but didn't want to say anything last episode. Lena better know by the end of this season, because I don't think I can take another season of this.

And I wasn't mad at Ruby (but I've never minded her), but at Alex instead. I realize the whole thing was for plot; but Ruby really was safe until Alex showed up at the mansion.

And man; Lex is really going to be pissed at Kryptonians when he finds out what happened to his art collection!

J'onn and M'rynn's plot is sad, but it was nice that they found a way to connect M'rynn to the A-plot. I do wonder what the long term plans for him are.

I think they improved the makeup for Brainy a bit. I hope this isn't the last we see of him.

Edited by Trini
ugh need to stop typing in the a.m.
On 5/17/2018 at 4:39 PM, MarkHB said:

Point of information:  It's much easier for a US actor to work in Canada than it is for a Canadian actor to work in the US.  For example, U.S. comics can get visa to do shows in Canada for without cost while it cost thousands of dollars for a Canadian comic to be able to work in the U.S.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Point of information:  It's much easier for a US actor to work in Canada than it is for a Canadian actor to work in the US.  For example, U.S. comics can get visa to do shows in Canada for without cost while it cost thousands of dollars for a Canadian comic to be able to work in the U.S.

But that's assuming they want to go. 

On 5/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, statsgirl said:

On 5/21/2018 at 3:26 AM, AudienceofOne said:

But that's assuming they want to go. 

I was, without trying to insinuate anything about anyone particular, also thinking about Canadian laws that won't let you in if you have e.g. a DWI / OUI conviction. I know there are ways to purge that, but it's not automatic.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:30 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yeah, about those cape tricks, despite all that practice they're pretty worthless.

The cape fighting made no sense.   Let's see....Supergirl has super strength, impervious to almost anything, super quickness, and super speed, xray vision and freezing capabilities.  Cape flipping isn't needed nor does it do anything that the previous abilities couldn't do.  Incredibly Superman has in all its incarnations never has needed cape fighting.   Maybe Kara could try hair flipping and make the bad guys die of laughter. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Not really.  If you put on a wig, how many of your friends wouldn't know it's you in one minute?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, Parker said:

Not really.  If you put on a wig, how many of your friends wouldn't know it's you in one minute?

True. The only reason it worked in the comics is that Kara started wearing one from the moment she arrived on Earth, long before anyone even knew of her existence as Supergirl.  That's why most people who met Supergirl after her existence had been publicly revealed to the world never realized that Linda (Lee) Danvers (her Earth identity in the comics) and Supergirl were the same person -- they'd never seen Linda as anything other than a brunette and therefore had no reason to do the math once they became aware of the VERY blonde Supergirl.  With Supergirl as she is on the show, it's too late for her to go that route as Kara because it wouldn't fool anyone who knew her even slightly.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1