Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Kat's Got Your Tongue

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Michael is wasted upon the likes of you.

He actually seems to give a fuck about your "rescue" doggies.

Michael has been working on a "tell all" for years.  Every time his publisher says it's perfect (and Michael plans his escape), there's another dinner...and so many more stories!  It's the only thing that keeps him from slipping a little poison in certain beverages.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 11
Just now, Former Nun said:

Michael has been working on a "tell all" for years.  Every time his publisher says it's perfect (and Michael plans his escape), there's another dinner...and so many more stories!  It's the only thing that keeps him from slipping a little poison in certain beverages.

Well, my, my. my.

When I win the Lotto, I will totally steal him (right after Gizmo, and all the poor animals of the "South").

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

So who is this new fiancé of Patricia’s? Google ain’t turning up shit. I am curious!

I don’t like all the advice Pat dispenses but I do think her telling Ashley to get her nursing license in SC if she plans to stay was a good idea. I have doubts that she’ll heed that advice, though. 

I didn’t really care for any of those dresses that Ashley tried on either— that last sequin/sparkly one being the worst offender. They somehow managed to look boring AND tacky at the same time. 

Definitely. But to be fair, I could see Kathryn and Naomie getting their Glenn Close impersonations on too. 

Patricia and her new fiancé.   How old is she now?  What is she going to do with #5 ?  She can barely walk around and give orders.  WTF?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Preach!  Agree with alllll of this.  Thomas is trash, and he barely tries to hide that. But I'm not buying Kathryn's oh-so-chaste redemption arc.  She's just masking the crazy with heavy psych meds - and yeah, staying off the booze is probably also keeping it in check, too.  Her chastising Thomas for posting a pic with Ashley and the kids is laughable. Is she - a woman who not only used drugs when her kids were babies but WHILE she was pregnant (as well as smoking)  - really in ANY position to lecture him on the "correct" way to behave as a parent??? GTFO with that faux choir girl BS.  I see you, K-Den.  

Lol, thank you.  Right back at you. Agree with your whole post too. 

GTFO, is exactly my thoughts when it comes to Kathryn.  I see her too.lol .

• Love 5
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

I think I'm seeing foreshadowing of a Shep/Kathryn hookup.

It will be called a relationship, but I'm going with hookup.

Rubs hands maliciously......Thomas.....Heh heh hehhhhhhhh

He gonna be mad. 

I dont see that...but I do think Craig and Katherine would be great together.  They appear to have a true friendship.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Patricia and her new fiancé.   How old is she now?  What is she going to do with #5 ?  She can barely walk around and give orders.  WTF?

Ageism.  Please stop with it now. I don't want to educate you about the "old" kitty-kat.

• Love 18
(edited)

I had too much going on last night to really give this episode my full attention and I don't think I'm going to go back and fill in what I missed. 

The lame dress fitting with Ashley. I really don't see why Patricia cares so much about Thomas' love life. She was trying to set Landon up with him last season. I know there is a double standard at play here but she should have as much disdain towards Thomas as she does Kathryn. 

The dinner between Kathryn and Thomas was gross. Kathryn is obviously playing him- I mentioned this last season even. She knows exactly what turns him on and how to get him all riled up. Unfortunately, I think the flirting starts out like she is playing him but then he always gets the best of her and she ends up falling for him in the end. Every damn time. Hence the constant post reunion hook-ups. And Saint. 

I've been induced with two of my kids and it is the most miserable thing ever. I suffered with high blood pressure issues so both babies had to be induced early- one at 39 weeks and one at 37- so still full term. With the 37 weeker I had to be induced twice and the hospital tried to make me do the walk of shame too thinking my blood pressure issues were starting to work themselves out. I refused and it's a good thing I did because things got really dicey there for a while. 36 damn hours of pain and misery later I finally had my baby.  

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

I think I'm seeing foreshadowing of a Shep/Kathryn hookup.

It will be called a relationship, but I'm going with hookup.

Rubs hands maliciously......Thomas.....Heh heh hehhhhhhhh

He gonna be mad. 

I don't Shep would go there, not now,  not after seeing Kathryn at her finest.. I don't even think Kathryn would. She's very much trying to come off as the better than Thomas, so hooking up with playboy /Peter pan Shep, also  Thomas' friend,  would  not look good. Even though we all know it happened in the past.  This is the new improved Kathryn  (eye roll). I do believe the producers are trying to convince us it could happen. 

• Love 5

Kathryn seems like she's a lot more together, andI know it's just for the show, but she has the worst taste in clothes. She should not be a stylist.

Nice try Bravo but we also know that TRav did not actually pay for those clothes.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why doesn't Patricia stop worrying about Thomas getting married and dispensing advice to Ashley about how to get that proposal and concentrate on her own son? 

I'm pretty sure neither Thomas nor Patricia want to marry Whitney.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, queenjen said:

Do Victoria and Austen last? She's waaaaaaay too qualified for him.

Spoiler

No they do not. They didn't even last during the season. Austen "went back" to Chelsea. Proof that this whole thing is a charade.

Well, if anyone is even shocked about what Austen looks for in a woman:

"She's kind of like the polar opposite of Chelsea," he shared, referring to his other former girlfriend/Cameran Eubanks' BFF. "Trying to get Chelsea out and about is like pulling teeth. And Victoria, she gets off work and she's like, 'Let's go to happy hour.' I'm like, 'Yes! What a breath of fresh air. Let's go do that. Let's go have fun together. Let's do all of the things.'"

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Megan said:

Kathryn seems like she's a lot more together, andI know it's just for the show, but she has the worst taste in clothes. She should not be a stylist.

That’s an understatement. Remember when she wore all those old lady clothes when she lived with Thomas? I’ve yet to see anything on her that didn’t look hideous, for a woman her age.

• Love 7

I think that if the parents can be civil and don't send any mixed messages, it is good for them to do things together with/for their children. Thomas introduced his children to that Ashley way too fucking soon and she should not be trick or treating with them. And if I were Kathryn, I would not want her at the birthday party. It is too awkward and confusing for the children.  That said, she doesn't need to be using her female wiles on her baby daddy.

Patrica's dinner was fun until the actual food part, but the guys were gracious. I don't think she likes Ashley at all but for some reason really likes Thomas, probably because she's known him a long time and he's her son's friend. She also frequently expresses disapproval of his behavior.

• Love 3

$10k for those clothes?!? That Chanel bag is $5,000 USED! So...

I might have to zip up there & steal it from desperate Ashley!

I’m still team Kathryn. It my all be an act but at least she’s making an effort. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, politichick said:

That said, she doesn't need to be using her female wiles on her baby daddy.

Often wiles are the only things that work with those self-important asshats.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Children happened!

I had to have breast reconstruction a couple years ago and I thought the would be high & perky....not the case.   I miss my Mosquito bites so much.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christi said:

I dont see that...but I do think Craig and Katherine would be great together. 

Sorry to laugh, but if BRAVO money ever stops, and they're together they might end up living in one of their cars--the one with enough room for an embroidery sewing machine and two kids on the weekends.  What kind of jobs could sustain their desired lifestyles?  What employers would hire them?  How long could they hold jobs?   If it's a made-for-Southern Charm, romance, okay.  Real life? Nope.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Christi said:

I dont see that...but I do think Craig and Katherine would be great together.  They appear to have a true friendship.

I fully admit my opinion is tainted because I have a soft spot for Craig entirely because of his relationship with Gizmo...

No!  They can remain friends, but nothing else. Craig is kind of sensitive and the first time he makes Kathryn mad, she will verbally slice him apart.

He thinks the wrath of Naomi is bad?

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't Shep would go there, not now,  not after seeing Kathryn at her finest.. I don't even think Kathryn would. She's very much trying to come off as the better than Thomas, so hooking up with playboy /Peter pan Shep, also  Thomas' friend,  would  not look good. Even though we all know it happened in the past.  This is the new improved Kathryn  (eye roll). I do believe the producers are trying to convince us it could happen. 

Part of me feels like a horrible person because I don't believe Kathryn has changed anything about herself.  I want her to be healthy. For her children mainly.  And the jaded part of me says, keep your eye on her.

I'm not buying new, improved Kathryn. Yet.  I might down the road.  But my gut feels, through the tv screen (hee!), that Kathryn is one of the most selfish people I have ever watched on a show.  Take away Thomas, take away the substance abuse, I think she would still be selfish.

• Love 9

When Shep and TRav were having that conversation and the word horny popped up re: Shep. Then Shep states he’s thinking of going to Hilton Head with Kathryn I swear I saw guns a blazing in TRav’s brain. The look he shot him was unmistakable hatered. So who’s playing the “triangulation”  game fiercer? TRav or Kathryn? 

Naturally they cut the scene there and went to commercial. Would loved to have heard the next comments. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, rideashire said:

Am I the only one who had a wtf moment when Naomi's roommate said she only showers three times a week? I couldn't tell if he was serious, but is that a normal thing? 

You'd be surprised at how normal it is.  Some people's skin gets too dry from taking showers every day so they do every other, which would be about 3-4 times a week. 

Austin bores me..... i actually fast forwarded through that date scene. I don't even do that with Whitney scenes. 

I have a feeling the ratings are going to increase x10000 next week only because Gizmo is making an appearance.  

• Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I have a feeling the ratings are going to increase x10000 next week only because Gizmo is making an appearance.

Absolutely. It will have me back over. Is Naomie giving the cat to Craig or just allowing visitation? Poor cat probably got depressed when he was taken away from Craig. No stray threads to chase. No garden wagon rides. Nobody to spend his day with. Yep. Giving visitation to Craig is the kindest thing she can do...for Gizmo. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I think that if the parents can be civil and don't send any mixed messages, it is good for them to do things together with/for their children. Thomas introduced his children to that Ashley way too fucking soon and she should not be trick or treating with them. And if I were Kathryn, I would not want her at the birthday party. It is too awkward and confusing for the children.  That said, she doesn't need to be using her female wiles on her baby daddy.

Patrica's dinner was fun until the actual food part, but the guys were gracious. I don't think she likes Ashley at all but for some reason really likes Thomas, probably because she's known him a long time and he's her son's friend. She also frequently expresses disapproval of his behavior.

Thomas and Ashley have been dating on the show for approximately six months at Halloween which would be twice as long as any sustained relationship Thomas and Kathryn have had without some major battle.  Why would the children feel confused?  They know they have a mom and a dad and they don't live together and Daddy has a friend name Ashley they spend a lot of time around..  Confusing is leaving Ashley out of the picture when she is involved in the children's day to day lives.  Thomas and Kathryn should be striving to make their children feel comfortable not dwelling on their feelings toward each other.

Kathryn needs to grow up Thomas and she have not been a family for over two years-the math would be simpler to say the last time they were a couple was during the 2014 mid term election.  Kathryn was a nightmare.   Thomas is always a self centered ass but he has consistently been there for his children.

4 hours ago, Christi said:

If you were Craig's mom, or Austen's mother or Sheps' mother would you ever think Kathryn and her brood is just what your son needs?  The drug addict, irrational, broken down reality star a good thing.  Kathryn needs to have some male friends that she is not trying to seduce.  Let Craig have his freedom from Kathryn's clutches. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Children happened!

She had already had both kids in the first pic, taken at the season 3 reunion (the Ms. Kitty working at the saloon on Friday night look).  

I think the second pic in the white shirt is just a matter of poor foundation garments.  

She really IS a terrible dresser, but she is a stunningly beautiful woman.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

When Shep and TRav were having that conversation and the word horny popped up re: Shep. Then Shep states he’s thinking of going to Hilton Head with Kathryn I swear I saw guns a blazing in TRav’s brain. The look he shot him was unmistakable hatered. So who’s playing the “triangulation”  game fiercer? TRav or Kathryn? 

Naturally they cut the scene there and went to commercial. Would loved to have heard the next comments. 

TRav is the only one playing "triangulation".  He's the one who has one committed partner, and he's keeping Kathryn on the other point of the triangle.  This is designed to pit his girlfriend, Ashley, against his ex, Kathryn.  As we see, it works beautifully (for Thomas' amusement). 

Since Kathryn is single, she's free to date or travel with whomever she wants.  Shep could care less about Kathryn & Thomas' relationship, and Thomas only cares because he needs for Kathryn to stay single so she can focus on him, and thus balance his triangle.

On a personal note, I had a relationship that ended with someone who is truly a Narcissistic Sociopath, so I've done tons of therapy & reading about it.  Thomas is classic narc.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

You must be very young.  Several of us "old broads" are giggling at the thought putting your comment in a safe deposit box and having you read it in 30 years.

Wrong!  I'm not young and have been married forever.  In thirty years, I'll be dead.  What I'm saying is at that age and four husbands, I would be finished with getting primped and giving dinner parties.  But then, I don't have a cleaning woman, butler, chauffeur and cook, so I imagine it would be easier.  I read in her book that she has trouble walking, therefore wears flats, and if you notice, she mostly sits on a lounge when filming.  If I was alone, I probably wouldn't mind a companion to go to dinner and take rides in the car, if he's able, ha ha.  But, no hanky panky.  Maybe the cocktails keep her going.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Thomas and Ashley have been dating on the show for approximately six months at Halloween which would be twice as long as any sustained relationship Thomas and Kathryn have had without some major battle.  Why would the children feel confused?  They know they have a mom and a dad and they don't live together and Daddy has a friend name Ashley they spend a lot of time around..  Confusing is leaving Ashley out of the picture when she is involved in the children's day to day lives.  Thomas and Kathryn should be striving to make their children feel comfortable not dwelling on their feelings toward each other.

Kathryn needs to grow up Thomas and she have not been a family for over two years-the math would be simpler to say the last time they were a couple was during the 2014 mid term election.  Kathryn was a nightmare.   Thomas is always a self centered ass but he has consistently been there for his children.

If you were Craig's mom, or Austen's mother or Sheps' mother would you ever think Kathryn and her brood is just what your son needs?  The drug addict, irrational, broken down reality star a good thing.  Kathryn needs to have some male friends that she is not trying to seduce.  Let Craig have his freedom from Kathryn's clutches. 

I agree.  I wouldn't want my son with her.  There are too many issues against her.  Besides Craig is just getting over Naomi, who is more than a handful.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

She had already had both kids in the first pic, taken at the season 3 reunion (the Ms. Kitty working at the saloon on Friday night look).  

I think the second pic in the white shirt is just a matter of poor foundation garments.  

Sorry but all I see is  a big ol bubble head.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Children happened!

If she wants a long career as a Bravo celebrity, she has to get some plastic surgery?

• Love 3

To chime in on the “shower every day” conversation. I have extremely dry skin and for years, showered every day and used every cream and lotion I could find. The dry skin became such a problem for me that I consulted a dermatologist. She said I was showering too often and suggested every other day since I had such dry skin and didn’t perspire  even outdoors. My husband, on the other hand, has very oily skin and perspires a lot. He showers at least once a day and frequently, twice a day. It works for both of us. I don’t think there’s one schedule that works for everyone. As long as you don’t smell and offend people, you should do what’s best for your own skin. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

If you were Craig's mom, or Austen's mother or Sheps' mother would you ever think Kathryn and her brood is just what your son needs?  The drug addict, irrational, broken down reality star a good thing.

Don't forget that no matter what son, Kathryn would "win," Thomas will always be in their relationship because it's his "right."  The children, you know.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Holy Shit !   Patricia is 77 yrs old.

Wow, she looks amazing.  And carries herself with such grace and style.  I want to be her when I grow up....with a huge rock like that!  I do wonder who this mysterious Mr. C. is, as there is nothing searchable at all.  

Re:  Kathryn in that white shirt:  Girlfriend, meet my friend:  Strapless Bra.

• Love 7

Anyone else think Craig might be gay and closeted? He said something about how he and his roommate were discussing getting a dog. First of all, why does he need a roommate? He's a grown man, with money, and housing isn't *that* expensive there, and why would you co-own a dog with someone unless you were together with them? I never saw any great chemistry  between he and Naomi and he seems generally uninterested in pursuing women. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, fetching said:

Anyone else think Craig might be gay and closeted? He said something about how he and his roommate were discussing getting a dog. First of all, why does he need a roommate? He's a grown man, with money, and housing isn't *that* expensive there, and why would you co-own a dog with someone unless you were together with them? I never saw any great chemistry  between he and Naomi and he seems generally uninterested in pursuing women. 

No.

Well I mean, I guess there’s always a possibility, but not based on your reasons.

Lots of 20 something (even 30-something) men and women live together platonically.  It’s very common. And just because Craig can afford his own rent doesn’t mean his friend was in a great place financially. He mentioned the guy also recently broke up with his girlfriend. Maybe he was stuck without a home and Craig is helping him out.  

• Love 19
11 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I'm a massive Kathryn fan, despite her flaws or perhaps because of them and the growth I believe we are witnessing..

but she has ZERO business styling anyone. She needs (WE need) some K Cooper Ray on speed dial for THIS gig at Wynns, God of Bravo, please bring him back..

6 hours ago, fetching said:

this is apparently very much the rumour. NTTAWWT. Just, we'd like to be watching authentic relationships with out reality tv, please. We've had Whitney and his beards stuffed down our throats for the last 5 seasons too. It's becoming too much. My vote is for people behaving in their natural state. Why this is limited to privileged straight misogynists on this show escapes my understanding.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

this is apparently very much the rumour. NTTAWWT. Just, we'd like to be watching authentic relationships with out reality tv, please. We've had Whitney and his beards stuffed down our throats for the last 5 seasons too. It's becoming too much. My vote is for people behaving in their natural state. Why this is limited to privileged straight misogynists on this show escapes my understanding.

What is NTTAWWT ?

I've wondered about Craig as well.  To me, he just appears....effeminate.  That isn't an insult; in fact, he'd be about the most sought-after gay man in the country.  There's a softness about him that I adore.

He's so handsome, so sweet, and so down-to-earth, with his love of sewing and Gizmo.  Shoot, he and Whitney could form the next in-cast relationship.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 3
(edited)

When I saw Craig sitting on the chair discussing designing dog and cat pillows with Patricia, I thought to myself that he looked gay. His dress, legs crossed and mannerisms. 

Recently he said to Austen, “if only I could like guys. It would be so much easier” or something similar. Austen was quite taken aback. 

I remember them teasing him on a reunion about how much he kept in touch with his gay fans. 

He admitted that he would give up oral sex over cheese. 

I have never seen any sexual chemistry between him and Naomie. And he had no interest in a revenge fuck when Austen and Shep tried to set him up. 

To me he seems either gay or asexual. He just doesn’t have any raw masculinity to him. 

Then there is his constant sewing....

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 1