Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Kat's Got Your Tongue

• Start Topic

Cameran suspects that she may be experiencing labor pains. Kathryn prepares for her first day of work, while  Craig helps Austen realize things are over with Chelsea and refocuses on wooing Victoria. Patricia tries to make Ashley into the perfect Southern Belle and hosts a dinner party with the men of Charleston to test her skills. At the party, it seems Thomas only has eyes for Kathryn...and he may not be the only one.

Thanks to @zoeysmom for the episode description and title catch!  Your not-as-eagle-eyed Moderator still has a big ol' blank on her episodes list.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't like any of those dresses Ashley tried on, maybe I've got terrible taste but I don't care how much they cost....Meh.

Am I the only one who had a wtf moment when Naomi's roommate said she only showers three times a week? I couldn't tell if he was serious, but is that a normal thing? I feel like if there's 7 days in a week maybe the majority of those should feature a shower, especially for someone that enjoys calling other people lazy like she does with Craig.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 15

I think I'm seeing foreshadowing of a Shep/Kathryn hookup.

It will be called a relationship, but I'm going with hookup.

Rubs hands maliciously......Thomas.....Heh heh hehhhhhhhh

He gonna be mad. 

• Love 15

Ashley seems to have too much hair around her face. It engulfs her. Thomas certainly still seems hung up on Katherine. Ashley seems awfully desperate to lock Thomas down.

• Love 22

Katherine seeing the picture of Thomas, Ashley & the kids as a family would break my heart too.  Ashley is stepping out of bounds too quickly.  They aren't married or engaged yet, therefore she should keep her distance.  She's assuming too much too soon.

I just DO NOT like Naomi at all.

Just loved Patricia's table setting.  So elegant.  I just wanted to study each piece.  I doubt the guys enjoyed that vegan meal tho.  Women would appreciate it more.  Patricia is the perfect hostess .. Such Southern Charm.  I really enjoyed that scene.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Katherine seeing the picture of Thomas, Ashley & the kids as a family would break my heart too.  Ashley is stepping out of bounds too quickly.  They aren't married or engaged yet, therefore she should keep her distance.  She's assuming too much too soon.

I just DO NOT like Naomi at all.

Just loved Patricia's table setting.  So elegant.  I just wanted to study each piece.  I doubt the guys enjoyed that vegan meal tho.  Women would appreciate it more.  Patricia is the perfect hostess .. Such Southern Charm.  I really enjoyed that scene.

I also adore Patricia's annual men's dinner.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rideashire said:

I didn't like any of those dresses Ashley tried on, maybe I've got terrible taste but I don't care how much they cost....Meh.

Am I the only one who had a wtf moment when Naomi's roommate said she only showers three times a week? I couldn't tell if he was serious, but is that a normal thing? I feel like if there's 7 days in a week maybe the majority of those should feature a shower, especially for someone that enjoys calling other people lazy like she does with Craig.

Maybe it's a European thing?  (No offense).  Just something I heard.

• Love 2

I really liked this episode because

1) very limited Naomi

2) Chelsea's dog!!!! He's so cool.  

3) Gizmo flashback and did they say he's on next week?

that Ashley shopping scene made me really uncomfortable.  Even Patricia's like, girl you need to stop comparing yourself to a whore.

• Love 12
(edited)

I liked the dresses PA chose for whats-her-name.  Not so keen on the final, lame' choice, but if I were as slender as whats-her-name, and had an occasion for it, I'd wear it I suppose.  

==================================================================

Thomas:  "I've got the money and the power..."  Ugh.  Repugnant.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 14

Ashley in the first black outfit made me think of Melania Trump - lots of hair around the face, smallish eyes.  Which is weird because she really doesn’t look like her at all.

I miss Cam.  But hooray, Gizmo!

• Love 11

So is that Naomi with her new nose in some of those TH's? 

Yikes, posting pictures of your girlfriend with your children on Halloween for their mother to see?  Cruel.  And yeah, no, Ashley shouldn't be at Kathryn's birthday party for Saint.  Too soon and apparently Ashley makes a stink about on next week's episode in the coming attractions.  Now, if we want to discuss thirsty...

I really just don't care about Austen.

Craig is looking a whole lot better without Naomi.  And less product in his hair.

I actually did like some of what was selected for Ashley at the store.

I think all these guys are misogynists except for Craig.  And maybe Austen. 

Cam looks like she could could be popped with a pin.  I feel bad for her.  Those last days.....

• Love 16

Patricia and her men's dinner.... a throwback to a time that doesn't exist anymore.  Good for you, Patty, if you can get all these men to marry you, in the meantime you are encouraging another generation of men to treat their women like possessions that you can buy sexual favor and show off and dress up like their very own Southern doll.  I can't with these men and their comments about commitment. Shep, I don't give a fuck if when your 44 you start feeling bad that you didn't settle down; don't capture some poor young girl then just cause you're feeling time is passing you by (see Thomas Ravenal ).  God, I hate these men!!!

• Love 22

Just came to comment on flat ironing a dish towel...

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As Homer Simpson said: “Een America... first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women...”

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I liked the dresses PA chose for whats-her-name.  Not so keen on the final, lame' choice, but if I were as slender as whats-her-name, and had an occasion for it, I'd wear it I suppose.  

==================================================================

He topped that comment a little later when he said, "why can't men marry as many women as they can afford."

But he'd also said "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?"

So evolved.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Ashley in the first black outfit made me think of Melania Trump - lots of hair around the face, smallish eyes.  Which is weird because she really doesn’t look like her at all.

There MUST be a resemblance, TexasGal, because I thought the same thing.  It's probably her carriage and hairstyle.  $10,000 on a few outfits.  Guess her little gold-digging has been at least partially successful.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe it's a European thing?  (No offense).  Just something I heard.

From an online article:  If you take daily showers, you may be doing more harm to your body than good. A new study shows that bathing too often is actually really bad for your skin. "We over-bathe in this country," says Boston dermatologist Dr. Ranella Hirsch.      I can't equate someone's choice to NOT shower every day as "laziness."  Surely most humans realize when they need to "freshen up," and daily isn't a rule.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

First thought: Naomi looks anorexic in her talking heads. 

I didn't think she looked anorexic, although she was obviously thinner.   At first I didn't even realize it was Naomie.  We saw the real Naomie talking to her roommate.  Then some strange girl/talking head comes on and pretends that SHE is Naomie's.  OHHHHHH!!!!  Nose job.  Such silly editing.  I guess she's prettier; I'll have to see a bit more.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, scrb said:

He topped that comment a little later when he said, "why can't men marry as many women as they can afford."

They can, Thomas!  A smart man would factor in future property settlements, alimony, and child support/child-rearing.   Also, occasional legal fees and settlements for rape allegations sometimes eat into one's fortune.

• Love 16

Do Victoria and Austen last? She's waaaaaaay too qualified for him.

TRav is a skeevy lecher who seems impaired in every scene. Even the dinner with Kathryn, he had a glassy look to him. He was having difficulty forming vowels when he walked into Patricia's annual dinner party for the progress of women everywhere. Ashley should be happy she got the dresses (IF they weren't returned immediately), because she is so obviously another version of Whitney's various 'girlfriends' from Europe. Except TRav doesn't act as well as Whit. The horror on the men's faces when told they were having a vegan dinner. Especially Shep, who prides himself on being educated and forward thinking and open minded. These men are becoming more repulsive by the episode. 

• Love 8

So who is this new fiancé of Patricia’s? Google ain’t turning up shit. I am curious!

I don’t like all the advice Pat dispenses but I do think her telling Ashley to get her nursing license in SC if she plans to stay was a good idea. I have doubts that she’ll heed that advice, though. 

I didn’t really care for any of those dresses that Ashley tried on either— that last sequin/sparkly one being the worst offender. They somehow managed to look boring AND tacky at the same time. 

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Ashley could easily cross over into bunny boiling territory.

Definitely. But to be fair, I could see Kathryn and Naomie getting their Glenn Close impersonations on too. 

• Love 9
(edited)

That scene  with Thomas and Kathryn was nauseating as they were both working overtime to play each other and prey on lingering feelings. Thomas is always gross and would happily jump back into bed with Kathryn if she asked and he was a dog for flirting with her in front of Ashley at the party last week and also for jumping in last night with the idea of getting back together. BUT Kathryn was also being totally manipulative moving the lock of hair in and out of his eyes and presenting herself as sad broken hearted Kathryn over the photo Thomas posted with Ashley. She could have easily expressed how uncomfortable the photo made her and how inappropriate it was for him to post it without talking about how sad she was alone at her couch at home while batting her eyes at him. Both of them were giving each other  coy doe eyes at that dinner. It was gross to watch.

Kathryn said how important it is for the kids to see them together but I honestly don’t think that is true in this case at all. It is important for the kids to see them being cordial and decent to each other during times they are in the same place but they don’t need to be going out of their way to make that happen. Saint probably has no recollection of them ever being together a a couple at all. The best thing these two could do for those kids is set boundaries with each other, be respectful, not fight or talk badly about each other in front of the kids and that is it. It is nice if they can celebrate birthdays and some holidays like Halloween together for the kids’ sake but there is zero need for candlelit dinners just the two of them where they make googly eyes at each other across the table. 

Edited by TeeMo
  • Love 21

Yeah, I don’t agree they need to be together with the kids. Do the handoff and be on your merry way until it’s time for them to go home. 

I shower every other day, or as that article says my skin would be dry as dust. Even lotion or creams don’t help.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yea that was some serious manipulative BS that Kenzie and Saint “need to see K and T together.”  Those kids don’t care. It was just a way for K to justify not inviting Ashley to the party. Which is her prerogative I suppose, but she should just be honest about it. 

That "men's" dinner made me want to dump a vat of bleach on Charleston and scrub it raw.........

Ha - love this apt description. So true.  Are the men really that bad in Charleston???  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6

Moms and Dads need to suck it up-when parents aren't together they move on and date new people, fall in love with new people.  Kathryn is coming off very Brandi Glanville who has cosmic meltdowns every holiday season when Leann Rhimes, who is a bonafide celebrity posts photos of her holiday experiences. Brandi demands to be part of them and then breaks down again over the fact her marriage dissolved. Kathryn needs to start counting Ashley as a bonus not let her immaturity get in the way.  This idea that she and Thomas do this sickly come on to each other season after after season is  bad.  Kathryn has parties with children where her former men are present.   I hope six months after this was filmed Kathryn and Ashley have been able to make peace with each other. 

My guess is if Thomas were to disappear from the show taking Ashley with him there would be no role for Kathryn.  On her own she is not interesting.  What a waste of film having her as a personal shopper.   It would be nice to just remove the entire Ravenel angle.

3 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Yea that was some serious manipulative BS that Kenzie and Saint “need to see K and T together.”  Those kids don’t care. It

was just a way for K to justify not inviting Ashley to the party. Which is her prerogative I suppose, but she should just be honest about it. 

Kenzie and Saint need to see their parents get along and have extended family in the picture at celebrations such as the children's birthdays.  The kids don't need to see their parents lusting after each other.

• Love 9

There is an unfortunate attraction between T & K, no doubt, and I wonder what it will take for K to finally, finally be over him.  I'm not really convinced that she is.  He feeds it intentionally.  Ashley will not become his wife imo, which will get K's hormones all dicombobulated.

Maybe, if anything real comes from the sexual assault allegation, that will cure her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

That scene  with Thomas and Kathryn was nauseating as they were both working overtime to play each other and prey on lingering feelings. Thomas is always gross and would happily jump back into bed with Kathryn if she asked and he was a dog for flirting with her in front of Ashley at the party last week and also for jumping in last night with the idea of getting back together. BUT Kathryn was also being totally manipulative moving the lock of hair in and out of his eyes and presenting herself as sad broken hearted Kathryn over the photo Thomas posted with Ashley. She could have easily expressed how uncomfortable the photo made her and how inappropriate it was for him to post it without talking about how sad she was alone at her couch at home while batting her eyes at him. Both of them were giving each other  coy doe eyes at that dinner. It was gross to watch.

Kathryn said how important it is for the kids to see them together but I honestly don’t think that is true in this case at all. It is important for the kids to see them being cordial and decent to each other during times they are in the same place but they don’t need to be going out of their way to make that happen. Saint probably has no recollection of them ever being together a a couple at all. The best thing these two could do for those kids is set boundaries with each other, be respectful, not fight or talk badly about each other in front of the kids and that is it. It is nice if they can celebrate birthdays and some holidays like Halloween together for the kids’ sake but there is zero need for candlelit dinners just the two of them where they make googly eyes at each other across the table. 

These two gross me out and yes, I agree they were playing hard to manipulate each other. As far as the kids go, the best thing that happened was K&T not being together.  They are much better off without their parents being together. K&T were a volitale couple and that's never good for children.  I dislike them both equally.  

Katherine is quite now but I still think she's a lunatic.  Playing with that old man's hair was very obvious, she loves the games. She loved that Thomas flirted with her in front of Ashley.  She can spare me  the disbeliefed look.  Thomas is so disgusting , he oozes toxic slime.  If they didn't have children I'd want them together . At least to spare anyone else from being the casualties of these games they play. 

Did Thomas say Ashley wasn't on birth control?   I hope I heard wrong.  He doesn't seem to want to really be with her but will take a chance  on her getting pregnant? 

• Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

These two gross me out and yes, I agree they were playing hard to manipulate each other. As far as the kids go, the best thing that happened was K&T not being together.  They are much better off without their parents being together. K&T were a volitale couple and that's never good for children.  I dislike them both equally.  

Katherine is quite now but I still think she's a lunatic.  Playing with that old man's hair was very obvious, she loves the games. She loved that Thomas flirted with her in front of Ashley.  She can spare me  the disbeliefed look.  Thomas is so disgusting , he oozes toxic slime.  If they didn't have children I'd want them together . At least to spare anyone else from being the casualties of these games they play. 

Did Thomas say Ashley wasn't on birth control?   I hope I heard wrong.  He doesn't seem to want to really be with her but will take a chance  on her getting pregnant? 

Preach!  Agree with alllll of this.  Thomas is trash, and he barely tries to hide that. But I'm not buying Kathryn's oh-so-chaste redemption arc.  She's just masking the crazy with heavy psych meds - and yeah, staying off the booze is probably also keeping it in check, too.  Her chastising Thomas for posting a pic with Ashley and the kids is laughable. Is she - a woman who not only used drugs when her kids were babies but WHILE she was pregnant (as well as smoking)  - really in ANY position to lecture him on the "correct" way to behave as a parent??? GTFO with that faux choir girl BS.  I see you, K-Den.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9

Kathryn used the word Triangulation WRT Thomas engaging Ashley and her in situations.   Seems like somebody's been reading up on NPD...Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Narcissists love to Triangulate.  They love to find partners who are boundary-pushers by nature, which unnerves the other person, who is usually an Empath, or co-dependent.  Kathryn is the "weaker" point on the triangle, and Ashley is a major boundary-pusher.  T-Narc gets to sit back and enjoy.

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Kathryn used the word Triangulation WRT Thomas engaging Ashley and her in situations.   Seems like somebody's been reading up on NPD...Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Narcissists love to Triangulate.  They love to find partners who are boundary-pushers by nature, which unnerves the other person, who is usually an Empath, or co-dependent.  Kathryn is the "weaker" point on the triangle, and Ashley is a major boundary-pusher.  T-Narc gets to sit back and enjoy.

You hit the nail on the head!!

• Love 3

If Chelsie is still cutting Austen's hair, she's found a great way to low-key sabotage him.  His haircut made his head look oddly small this episode!  Not lookin' good. 

I think a spin-off, "The Pets of Southern Charm", would be much more interesting than the original manifestation!  Chelsie's adorable pup (name?), Gizmo and Elvis!

• Love 9

The Austen/Victoria dinner scene was the most obvious fake scene in a season full of fake scenes. It was very clear that they both knew exactly where the other stood with regards to their relationship and they were just recreating a previous conversation for the cameras. Unfortunately Austen is a really terrible actor and Victoria was not much better. Snooze. 

The men’s dinner was also absurd and I was mildly horrified about the fortune concerning the adderall prescription and Craig saying something like “Am I the only one who actually has a prescription?” These people are all playing with fire with their excessive drinking and recreational drug use. Shep looks awful all the time now. Last season on the show and on Instagram he would occasionally look okay and not like he just woke up half dressed on a beach somewhere surrounded by empty bottles but now he looks terrible all the time on the show AND in real time on his Instagram posts. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Pickles said:

Ashley seems to have too much hair around her face. It engulfs her. Thomas certainly still seems hung up on Katherine. Ashley seems awfully desperate to lock Thomas down.

She looks like a shaggy dog. It makes her face look even more pinched.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I also adore Patricia's annual men's dinner.

2 hours ago, bosawks said:

That "men's" dinner made me want to dump a vat of bleach on Charleston and scrub it raw.........

"Patricia, you insufferable c***."

Michael is wasted upon the likes of you.

He actually seems to give a fuck about your "rescue" doggies.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, usernameG said:

She looks like a shaggy dog. It makes her face look even more pinched.

Pinched!  That's the word!

She has a pinched-looking face, not unlike LeeAnn Rimes/Renee Zellweger.

And yet I, too, saw the Melania resemblance in the black Chanel.  I actually loved the black & floral dresses, but that gold lamé dress is Studio 54 from 1974.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 10

This show is going nowhere fast.  They keep bringing in new girls for love interests.  Pretty soon they will have the whole state of California transplanted.  Thomas is an ass, Katherine working in the dress shop (uninteresting), Austin drinking beer, Naomi psycho, Craig floundering, Shep never changes, etc etc.. Cameron was the only one that was interesting .. If only she would have the baby already.  And that J.D., I want to smack him with that stupid laugh.  The beauty parlor a hub for gossip .. Yuk.

• Love 10