Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
druzy

S08.E20: Drama’s for Nerds Part 1

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

Oooh, I think you may be onto something! Between Briana's bullshit, Roxanne's bullshit, and Brittany's lame "side-eyes" to the camera while saying something she thinks is oh so badass & clever, it all makes sense. No MTV, NO!! 

I wouldn’t watch a coven spinoff show with someone else’s eyes. *shudder*

On 5/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, ghoulina said:

Oh, she totally wanted Leah to run and tell Kail. Bri is still in high school. She's that petty bitch that WILL rub it in your face when she takes your man. 

You’re generous, I think Briana is straight junior high, not even high school!

On 5/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Jeanne222 said:

What is it about Nessa and Ej that gets them these gigs?  Do they know somebody?  Have specialized training...that I don't see.

I know Nessa did or does date Kaepernick but surely that isn't the ticket.  And how did EJ get in.  Strange. 

I know you discovered the answer already but, yes, daddy! Not sure why or how the child of a former basketball star is qualified (or wanted) as a host here though. 

On 5/20/2018 at 6:19 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

About a month or two ago, Dr. Drew addressed this on his podcast. He basically confirmed what a lot of people here speculated: he’s not allowed to press too hard, and if he does he knows they’ll storm off or shut down anyway. He also talked about how he isn’t there as a medical practitioner, and said something about not being licensed to practice in the state anyway. (I assumed he was referring to New York since he lives in California.)

Something that a lot of people forget/don’t know is that Drew is a medical doctor (internal medicine), he’s not a psychologist or psychiatrist. Yeah, he’s an addiction specialist and that’s what most of his medical training is in but he has no background in psychology. He’s no mental health expert, so I take all his opinions in that area with a grain of salt. Other than the fact he goes by “Dr Drew” I can’t see what the hell he brings to the table here. Especially since he rarely speaks freely about the obvious addictions plaguing much of the cast. I have issues with Dr Phil too and he hasn't been licensed in many years but at least his background is in psychology. And Drew flat out admits: “My goal was always to be part of pop culture...” I just can’t take him seriously as a medical professional.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

You’re generous, I think Briana is straight junior high, not even high school!

LOL, you're probably right! My experience is a little different, since I went to a Catholic grade school and then on to high school. I didn't start seeing this kind of drama until I was  HS freshman. But Bri is definitely VERY immature and petty as hell. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, teapot said:

or Judge Lynn Toller from Marriage Boot Camp!

No way.

If ever there was a reason to reboot "Starting Over" with Iyanla Vanzant, THIS. IS. IT.

If you are not familiar with this show, just go watch any episode on YouTube, but I would especially recommend the where Iyanla stuck a cast member in an actual, physical cage for like five hours.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lemur said:

No way.

If ever there was a reason to reboot "Starting Over" with Iyanla Vanzant, THIS. IS. IT.

If you are not familiar with this show, just go watch any episode on YouTube, but I would especially recommend the where Iyanla stuck a cast member in an actual, physical cage for like five hours.  

That show is the reason I finally bought a computer! I can't believe anyone else still remembers that show. I still have some on VHS!! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lemur said:

No way.

If ever there was a reason to reboot "Starting Over" with Iyanla Vanzant, THIS. IS. IT.

If you are not familiar with this show, just go watch any episode on YouTube, but I would especially recommend the where Iyanla stuck a cast member in an actual, physical cage for like five hours.  

Omg that sounds amazing. Imagine Jenelle being locked in a cage just like how she likes to lock all her animals in cages in a hot garage all day!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

That show is the reason I finally bought a computer! I can't believe anyone else still remembers that show. I still have some on VHS!! 

I spent a long unemployed summer (while my sister was on short term disability) watching the sh*t out of Starting Over and had a dedicated VCR for recording the episodes once I did have a job.  I loved that show.  It seriously needs a reboot and I would ADORE seeing Jenelle and Barb on it if nothing else than for the weekly check in with the psychiatrist. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Lemur said:

I spent a long unemployed summer (while my sister was on short term disability) watching the sh*t out of Starting Over and had a dedicated VCR for recording the episodes once I did have a job.  I loved that show.  It seriously needs a reboot and I would ADORE seeing Jenelle and Barb on it if nothing else than for the weekly check in with the psychiatrist. 

I liked the earlier seasons best but I watched the whole damn thing and we talked so much smack. AMAZING!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to go back in time a bit about the balloons. A few people have said they thought it was anticlimactic, but I'm going to have to disagree. That was terrifying. Big Man David bumped into some balloons and had a little pissbaby temper tantrum, drew a knife, and started stabbing things just because they were in his way, unprovoked and without warning. What if that had been a slow-moving little old lady, or a disabled person like one of Leah's kids, or anyone else who gets in the way of his precious beer? The look in his eyes was even more dead than usual.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So I just got back into watching Teen Mom, and first, is it just me or does Briana seem different than she does on the actual show? The show she seems all innocent and the reunion comes and she acts like she’s a boss.

i use to love Brittany but she constantly wants to fight and being all extra, like stop. Y’all live in a small apartment with two kids and Yo mama, instead of Briana getting a horrible butt out of her first paycheck, she should have bought a house. Three ganging up on one, not cool. And personally I’d be mad if I had to be in a room with the girl who’s dating my ex-husband, did Briana really think that dating a costars ex husband would make the girls like her? That’s the less likely way. Although I found it funny they switched his slogan from “Javi Kailyns ex-husband.” To “Javi Brianas friend.” Personally I think Javi used Briana to make his ex jealous. 

also, if you were to act like them at any job, we’d be fired. Do they not realize this IS A JOB! Who tf acts like that? Jenelle just wanted drama out of the second episode, and everything she said to the media was a straight lie and Nathan was correct. 

Chelsea needs more screen time, she has the least drama but she’s also my favorite. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Stephanieleigh88 said:

So I just got back into watching Teen Mom, and first, is it just me or does Briana seem different than she does on the actual show? The show she seems all innocent and the reunion comes and she acts like she’s a boss.

i use to love Brittany but she constantly wants to fight and being all extra, like stop. Y’all live in a small apartment with two kids and Yo mama, instead of Briana getting a horrible butt out of her first paycheck, she should have bought a house. Three ganging up on one, not cool. And personally I’d be mad if I had to be in a room with the girl who’s dating my ex-husband, did Briana really think that dating a costars ex husband would make the girls like her? That’s the less likely way. Although I found it funny they switched his slogan from “Javi Kailyns ex-husband.” To “Javi Brianas friend.” Personally I think Javi used Briana to make his ex jealous. 

also, if you were to act like them at any job, we’d be fired. Do they not realize this IS A JOB! Who tf acts like that? Jenelle just wanted drama out of the second episode, and everything she said to the media was a straight lie and Nathan was correct. 

Chelsea needs more screen time, she has the least drama but she’s also my favorite. 

Briana's plastic surgery was free. She did not pay for it. Also, she is not receiving the same six figures as the rest of the cast. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2018 at 3:36 AM, Kazu said:

Briana's plastic surgery was free. She did not pay for it. Also, she is not receiving the same six figures as the rest of the cast. 

Free or not, it’s terrible, Atleast her butt. And I’m sure she’s not making 6 figures but she definitely is making enough to buy a small house, I’m jot talking about buying Chelsea or Jenelles house. Heck even a bigger apartment, it’s super tiny. And why is Brittany still living at home? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Stephanieleigh88 said:

Free or not, it’s terrible, Atleast her butt. And I’m sure she’s not making 6 figures but she definitely is making enough to buy a small house, I’m jot talking about buying Chelsea or Jenelles house. Heck even a bigger apartment, it’s super tiny. And why is Brittany still living at home? 

 

On 5/30/2018 at 3:36 AM, Kazu said:

Briana's plastic surgery was free. She did not pay for it. Also, she is not receiving the same six figures as the rest of the cast. 

I researched and she made 20,000, which is more than enough to buy a small house or even rent a house, or heck, buy a double wide.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Stephanieleigh88 said:

 

I researched and she made 20,000, which is more than enough to buy a small house or even rent a house, or heck, buy a double wide.

Actually, that's below the federal poverty level for a family of three (her & her 2 kids). Most landlords wouldn't even rent you a 1BR unless you make at least twice that because there's far too great a chance you won't be able to come up with rent consistently. People making 20k in most parts of the country need at least one other income in the household to make a go of it, probably two. (And that's contract income, so take out double the FICA etc taxes - let's call it 17k.)

I thought I heard she made about $30k, though, which should be enough to make her ineligible for food stamps, but still not enough to get a rental on her own (which is why she also has a regular job - but without the MTV money, they probably barely qualified to rent the 2BR they have).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Stephanieleigh88 said:

Free or not, it’s terrible, Atleast her butt. And I’m sure she’s not making 6 figures but she definitely is making enough to buy a small house, I’m jot talking about buying Chelsea or Jenelles house. Heck even a bigger apartment, it’s super tiny. And why is Brittany still living at home? 

That question has been explained on the show. And on the Being Brittany special.

13 hours ago, Stephanieleigh88 said:

Free or not, it’s terrible, Atleast her butt. 

 Of course it is terrible. No one implied it was a great thing. You mistakenly implied that she had paid for that work. I cleared up that misinformation.

Edited by Kazu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

20k isn't much, especially after you take taxes and social security out. I can't imagine Briana earns much at her job, especially considering she's crammed into an apartment with four other people, so it's unlikely she'd qualify for a mortgage.

As far as renting, they might have decided it isn't worth paying first/last/security plus moving expenses to end up in something they don't own, so they're better off staying put despite the crowded conditions.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/31/2018 at 5:35 AM, Stephanieleigh88 said:

 

I researched and she made 20,000, which is more than enough to buy a small house or even rent a house, or heck, buy a double wide.

I’m not knowledgeable about parts of the country where $20k would buy you a house (even a small modest house). I don’t know if they have double wide communities where Briana lives. 

 

I get why Briana stays with Roxanne (free childcare and ability to split household expenses) but Brittany would do herself a world of good to get away from that toxic mess and get her own place. No ones suggesting she cut off her family but damn that entire situation is toxic. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing she could buy in that area outright is a modular which is fine. But the lot rent is 2x the cost of the actual house. The only reason I know this is because my sister lives in the Tampa area. The resale value sucks and the loans are actually harder to get if you need to make payments.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

The only thing she could buy in that area outright is a modular which is fine. But the lot rent is 2x the cost of the actual house. The only reason I know this is because my sister lives in the Tampa area. The resale value sucks and the loans are actually harder to get if you need to make payments.

That sounds crazy. I had some relatives who were looking into buying a modular, but they then found out the lot rent was over $1200 a month. Fuck!

Yeah, $20k is not going to get you far no matter where you live when buying a home, condo, modular, or trailer unless you are earning a great income and you have excellent credit. I have rentals. I have to make sure the people who rent from me are earning a certain amount of money before I even consider them as tenants. You can't just be barely making the rent.

Buying a modular or trailer, either you are paying property taxes or rent on the property lot. Then, there is homeowner's insurance, the expenses that come with owning your own place, utilities, maintenance, upkeep, repairs, etc.  It is akin to saying $20k will buy you a new car, but what about the gas? Insurance? Tires? Kids think owning a car is a breeze until it comes time to paying the expenses on it. Same with adults who think $20k is enough to get one a home. It might be enough for a down payment, but if you are not bringing in sufficient income, how the hell would one be able to afford the expenses of owning their own place?  Briana lives in Florida. There is no way she will afford to own her own place unless she has her sister and mother working and living with her to maintain the expenses.  She might not even have the credit to get a loan.

Edited by Kazu
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Lm2162 said:

I want to see Dr. Phil with these girls one time. 

My thoughts exactly... Although I really don't like him either.  He blinks so much it drives me crazy.  I never noticed until my son who was 10 at the time pointed it out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×