Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: Drama’s for Nerds Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I have never watched an After Show and I never will again.  The hosts were dumber than a bag of trapped farts and I'd rather be interviewed by Pennywise than sit and watch those two nudnicks screech.  I could not even understand what language they were talking in.  Sorry to sound classist but those were the most uneducated, ineligible patterns of speech I have ever heard, especially from Brianna.  I can understand my toddler better. 

I only watch the After Shows because that is where nuggets are dropped. 

The AS is where Tyler dropped the news about Maci sleeping in until 11:30 a.m.

Maci discussed the real-time news about Ryan's recent arrest

AS is where Kail dropped the "Javi wants to reconcile with me" (Javi didn't take up Kanal on her "let's be a couple again" crap) which is why she is truly upset with Briana and Javi. 

Those are just some examples.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I have never watched an After Show and I never will again.  The hosts were dumber than a bag of trapped farts and I'd rather be interviewed by Pennywise than sit and watch those two nudnicks screech.  

That. Was. Perfect. 

• Love 6

Again, I'm late to the party.  I don't have cable in my room so it takes me a while to watch online and catch up with the reading here.

Before I get to the coven, I will mention all the other things I noticed.  Leah's disabled daughter...I don't understand those girlses' names because they have the same name!  Anyway, she was wearing heavy make up.  Her eyes were all done up with heavy eye liner and mascara.  Maybe they are doing that because of the other one doing make up for cheerleading.  

I think Cole is cute and I like his sense of humor.  I got a big laugh out of him mocking the other cast idiots for their fighting.  His american flag socks were hilarious.

The balloon-knife incident was so fleeting I almost missed it.

I'm still trying to figure out what Leah was doing with all that jewelry at the party.

The Coven:

• They are just so gross in every way.  Just nasty, stupid, and hateful.
  • I'm not buying it that anyone would be surprised Javi was meeting up with Brianna at Disney considering she lives there!  Their talking on twitter was very public.  
  • Leah told Kail exactly what Brianna told her.  People like Brianna make me sick.  Running their mouth, spreading their business then blaming one person for it getting out.  I avoid people like that like the plague.
  • The whole "Don't disrespect my mother!" to Kail was just gross.  Roxanne started in on Kail and Kail was answering.  The rest of the coven didn't like Kail's reasonable answer so it turned into "Don't disrespect my mother!"  When that kind of ganging up starts and they are saying something that unreasonable and illogical there is no winning.  Kail did the right thing with her "OK." lol  She really did.   Roxanne is shriveled, nasty and disrespectful to just about everybody so why exactly should she be respected?  If you can dish it out, be prepared to take it.
  • The coven are just that ~ a coven.  They gang up and bully anyone who isn't in the coven.  They troll for drama while pretending everyone else is the problem.  You just can't reason with that level of unreasonable.
  • Love 14

I can't agree more with this!!! I'm a little late to the party, and most everything has been said already, but I couldn't stand Bri's attitude! I actually felt really bad for Leah when bri was giving her the beat down. Someone like Kail could have taken it and given it right back, but Leah is so sensitive, and was put in an awkward position. She told bri she liked her and why, and calmly explained what she said, but bri just went off and wouldn't let it go. I felt so bad when Leah started crying on the balcony. I'm a pretty sensitive person, and probably would have responded just how Leah did. It's hard to have that personality and have people lay into you like that! And bri was saying, basically, "woe is meeeee!" Like Leah was supposed to care THAT MUCH about the consequences of telling Kail. She barely knows bri!

Leah has known Kailyn for years, and they went to each other's weddings. If Brianna wasn't such an idiot and did her homework, she would have known to say nothing to Leah about Javi other than "We're just friends." Personally, I think Brianna knew Leah would run to Kail and wanted her to. I think Brianna is a schemer who wants a bigger and more relevant part on the show. Her baby daddies both disappeared, so she needed another storyline. I think Brianna and the Coven are actually very calculating, and might even be angling for their own spinoff. That's the vibe they give off. 

Too bad, Brianna. On your worst day, you will never be as entertaining to hate-watch as Jenelle. You just don't have the talent she does for keeping the drama flowing. 

All that being said, Kail made a new baby with a guy she barely knew and just hooked up with. So shut up Kail. Although you do get some bonus points for not taking the Disney trip away from Isaac just because you were pissed at Javi. You continue to be a better mother than Jenelle. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I think Brianna and the Coven are actually very calculating, and might even be angling for their own spinoff. That's the vibe they give off. 

Oooh, I think you may be onto something! Between Briana's bullshit, Roxanne's bullshit, and Brittany's lame "side-eyes" to the camera while saying something she thinks is oh so badass & clever, it all makes sense. No MTV, NO!! 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Khloe Kardashian must have had that done too.  Saw her walking her baby in Cleveland.  Her rear end was as wide as Ohio!  Whatever are these women thinking?  What about it is attractive to a man?  I don't get it!  ???

Ugh! I'm glad to see another Buckeye. I'm in Labrone country so I don't run the risk of running into a K!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I don't understand those girlses' names because they have the same name!  

I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Leah has known Kailyn for years, and they went to each other's weddings. If Brianna wasn't such an idiot and did her homework, she would have known to say nothing to Leah about Javi other than "We're just friends." Personally, I think Brianna knew Leah would run to Kail and wanted her to.

Oh, she totally wanted Leah to run and tell Kail. Bri is still in high school. She's that petty bitch that WILL rub it in your face when she takes your man. 

• Love 14

About the AS:  I think Nessa is a dolt, a giggling dolt, and I'm finding EJ harder and harder to watch.  I saw him on that show where he weighed a lot more, and he was talking about wanting a career on TV,, without having any training or anything, and then he lost weight and bingo stingo there he is.  I want him to do something with his hair to balance his gigantic cheekbones.  I don't have a problem with his gender fluidity; in fact, I salute his courage, but I want him to get a better stylist.  He is a big person, even thinner, and he is choosing to dress like a petite.  Acknowledging that AS is where the bombs get dropped, I'll wait and read about them here.  I just can't.

• Love 15

What is it about Nessa and Ej that gets them these gigs?  Do they know somebody?  Have specialized training...that I don't see.

I know Nessa did or does date Kaepernick but surely that isn't the ticket.  And how did EJ get in.  Strange. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

About the AS:  I think Nessa is a dolt, a giggling dolt, and I'm finding EJ harder and harder to watch.  I saw him on that show where he weighed a lot more, and he was talking about wanting a career on TV,, without having any training or anything, and then he lost weight and bingo stingo there he is.  I want him to do something with his hair to balance his gigantic cheekbones.  I don't have a problem with his gender fluidity; in fact, I salute his courage, but I want him to get a better stylist.  He is a big person, even thinner, and he is choosing to dress like a petite.  Acknowledging that AS is where the bombs get dropped, I'll wait and read about them here.  I just can't.

This! The AS is where the truth bombs (or fake news bombs) are dropped, so it’s worth watching for sure. 

The crappy part is having to listen to Dumb & Dumber for 22 minutes, but thank God for the mute & closed caption buttons!

I haven’t yet Googled Nessa-Who-Only-Coos-And-Ahhhhhs-About-Kids-And-Babies-To-Deflect-Tension, but I am dying to know where she went to school to learn those “interview techniques.” 

Nessa & EJ both suck at hosting, and while it pains me to say this, I have to give Nessa the slightest edge in this one. At least she’s not doling out really stupid advice like EJ does.

I can’t quote EJ off hand, but when he advises these morons to do things like move to LA (Kail),  stay and fight for your loser baby daddy (the dumb ass baby mamas from Y&P) and other stupid shit, it makes me cringe. I do appreciate that he’s not timid about sharing his opinion, but I was pissed that he didn’t give Kayla the tongue lashing (on Mon, 5/14) that she & Stephan deserved for their collective behavior about her mom’s debit card & the baby daddy meltdown with her mom.

They both suck and are awful to watch though.

I don’t understand why MTV chooses to employ such horrible “on air talent” when there are clearly a whole slew of us available and willing to do the job ourselves! 

I am beyond baffled by the stupid games they play too; that’s precious time to grill these idiots about their stupid choices! This week’s “hook up, bae or ghost” had me livid because bae isn’t even a verb!

• Love 10

Well I looked them up and this is what I found.  EJ is the son of Magic Johnson.  I did not know that.  Then there is this on wiki.

Career

Johnson joined the cast of the E! reality television series Rich Kids of Beverly Hills in 2014 as a recurring cast member on the first season.[9] He became a main cast member for the next three seasons.[10] The show was canceled after four seasons. Johnson then starred in his own spin-off reality series EJNYC[11], one of the first reality series to profile a young LGBTQ person of color.[12][2] In 2014 Johnson joined E! News as a news personality and commentator, covering shows for New York Fashion Week as well as having a recurring commentary role on Fashion Police.[13]He also appeared as a guest commentator on Hello Ross in 2014. He was a guest star during season 4 of Real Husbands of Hollywood.[14] In 2016 Johnson was featured in an It Got Better short documentary produced by L/Studio.[15] In 2017 Johnson moderated a panel at BeautyCon called The Gender Revolution.[2] In 2017 Johnson was a guest-host on The Real.[16] In an ESPN interview with Kelley L. Carter, Johnson discussed his television experiences and plans to pursue a career in fashion.[17]

Nessa,

Nessa Diab (born May 6, 1984),[1][2] known mononymously as Nessa, is an American radio and TV personality and television host.[3][4]

Nessa first rose to prominence for her artist and celebrity interviews on San Francisco Bay Area Top 40 station Wild 94.9 and YouTube, which led to MTV seeking her out to be on Girl Code. She has also hosted various MTV and MTV2 shows. She currently hosts the drive time shift on New York City's top rated Hot 97.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Bridget said:

This week’s “hook up, bae or ghost” had me livid because bae isn’t even a verb!

YES! I LOVE YOU! 

41 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I want him to do something with his hair to balance his gigantic cheekbones.  I don't have a problem with his gender fluidity; in fact, I salute his courage, but I want him to get a better stylist.  He is a big person, even thinner, and he is choosing to dress like a petite.  

His cheekbones are so broad that they are distracting. I feel like a dick for saying that because he does represent a lot of important things being front and center on a cable tv network (gender-fluid, person of color, also truth speaking and not much ass kissing), but I would like to see him with a different hairstyle perhaps. IDK. It's more likely he is fine just the way he is and my rigid beauty standards need to get with the program. 

I can't help but think there's some bitchiness in him suggesting Kail move to LA.  They would EAT HER ALIVE. OMG. In a way, I would love to see it. I keep thinking of the episode of celebrity rehab where Mike Starr was telling some dude he was the drummer for Alice in Chains and the guy says "good for you."

And that...that is LA. Unless you are the person of the moment, there are loads of people more than happy to punch a hole in your attempts to claim important person privilege. I would love to see that happen to Kailyn. So, I'm probably projecting my feelings onto EJ. I'm sure if she moved they would be besties. 

• Love 9

EJ has always been pretty flamboyant.

I don't care to watch EJ or Nessa hosting these TM gigs. Neither one is hard-hitting. They don't ask any follow-up questions. They sit there and kiss major ass and do their whole, "Ooooh girl..." bit. The whole vibe of the after shows are just seriously shitty.   Their shtick would work on some other kind of show such as Basketball Wives, but not a show that MTV keeps insisting is about the struggles of young women and motherhood.

We know this show lost its edge long ago for a variety of reasons. MTV keeps trying to push their agenda out there strictly for ratings and money. The exploitation is on a Jerry Springer level and there is no going back.

• Love 13
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, MargeGunderson said:

She could go away to some sort of facility to help her lose weight if she was interested.  I don't see that happening any time soon because it's not going to be as cushy as her "rehab," where she seems to get a lot of perks. 

I wonder how much of that is from her meds.   A few years back, I went on an anti-depressant for about a year.  In that time, I gained a significant amount of weight in spite of regular exercise and eating well.  In fact, the weight gain was one of the main reasons I went off the meds.  That's not to make excuses for Kate.  Anyone who watches the show knows she neither exercises nor eats well. But it could be a contributor.  Kate is clearly an emotional eater, probably a boredom eater too.  She needs intensive therapy, a hobby/job and a solid eating and exercise regimen.  Hell, exercise alone would probably make her feel significantly better!

• Love 11
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, Kazu said:

I would have my own personal gym with the money she pulls in. 

Right?  She doesn't even have to leave the house!  I have a crappy home gym set up in my garage, but that thing would be state of the art on her income!  I'd also be working out a couple hours a day with all the free time she has and would definitely hire a personal trainer.  Plus she has all that land!  You could do SO MUCH with workouts.   I'm jealous of her time and money when it comes to fitness.  I work full time and have two small kids and still manage to work out 5-6 days a week.  I'd be a goddamn fitness model if I had her schedule and resources.

Not only that, but with their income they could also afford a meal delivery service.  Sunbasket or something like that.  If she put in the slightest bit of effort, she could see a big change.  Hell, her own husband lost a bunch of weight and got fit.  So she's got the time, resources and a live in cheerleader.  And still, nothing.  I'd be so damn frustrated if I were Tyler.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I wonder how much of that is from her meds.   A few years back, I went on an anti-depressant for about a year.  In that time, I gained a significant amount of weight in spite of regular exercise and eating well.  In fact, the weight gain was one of the main reasons I went off the meds.  That's not to make excuses for Kate.  Anyone who watches the show knows she neither exercises nor eats well. But it could be a contributor.  Kate is clearly an emotional eater, probably a boredom eater too.  She needs intensive therapy, a hobby/job and a solid eating and exercise regimen.  Hell, exercise alone would probably make her feel significantly better!

I think it is the munchies due to her many trips to Boogie Town. The alcohol she is consuming isn't helping her either.

11 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Right?  She doesn't even have to leave the house!  I have a crappy home gym set up in my garage, but that thing would be state of the art on her income!  I'd also be working out a couple hours a day with all the free time she has and would definitely hire a personal trainer.  Plus she has all that land!  You could do SO MUCH with workouts.   I'm jealous of her time and money when it comes to fitness.  I work full time and have two small kids and still manage to work out 5-6 days a week.  I'd be a goddamn fitness model if I had her schedule and resources.

Not only that, but with their income they could also afford a meal delivery service.  Sunbasket or something like that.  If she put in the slightest bit of effort, she could see a big change.  Hell, her own husband lost a bunch of weight and got fit.  So she's got the time, resources and a live in cheerleader.  And still, nothing.  I'd be so damn frustrated if I were Tyler.

The land!!! My god, with all that space I can think of many activities that would be happening on that much property. First of all, I'd put in a swimming pool. The exercises and the burning of calories just from swimming activities would be so worth it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Kazu said:

I don't care to watch EJ or Nessa hosting these TM gigs. Neither one is hard-hitting. They don't ask any follow-up questions. They sit there and kiss major ass and do their whole, "Ooooh girl..." bit. The whole vibe of the after shows are just seriously shitty.   Their shtick would work on some other kind of show such as Basketball Wives, but not a show that MTV keeps insisting is about the struggles of young women and motherhood.

Yes!  the "oooooh girl..." bit.  EJ seems like a nice person, and I hate myself for saying this, but he really isn't cut out to be in the host's chair on these shows.  He was fascinating to watch on the Rich Kids show--one of those people you are glad to know exist, because knowing is always good, but also one of those people you would never want to be around.  He is, apparently, willing to expose his private life in order to be on TV (that was the premise of Rich Kids), and he's actually kind of good at that, in that I did watch him and didn't growl at the tv for him to shut up, as I did for the AS.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to be around any of the teen moms, either, not even Chelsea because I would end up punching her in the mouth the first time she cooed at me.  Or Nessa, it goes without saying.

As if I needed more reason to love Magic Johnson, I have read that he is fully supportive of EJ (Magic's real first name is Earvin, I think, and I bet EJ is Earvin Jr.)--that plus on the PeeWee Christmas Special he says he and Magic Screen are cousins.

• Love 11

Yeah that makes sense to watch for the more interesting information.  I did sometimes wonder where some of those things came from.  But I just can't.  So I'll put my faith in my fellow watchers and learn the tidbits from ya'll.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LegallyRed2 said:

Thank God for PTV because until right now, I had no idea EJ was Magic Johnson's son...

Here's a picture of him with his dad, when EJ was still fat.

image.png.3c3937c8ec46b318e2d90e7ab7fdb37c.pngimage.png.2749d1295f0b0466a89f6aec4d424c87.png

I don't know why two pictures came out.  I tried to remove one, but that removed both of them.

He went to NYU for a while for event planning, but did not study acting or journalism or anything that might have prepared him to host a tv show.

I found pictures of him after the weight loss (gastric sleeve), and his cheekbones look normal.  I think he might have had implants, and if he did, he ought to have them taken out.

image.png.9c380657c22e68da44b4e92ccfd9153c.pngimage.png.92d7b350b33196ea942eb2857806a9b9.png

• Love 6

Just finished watching. 

JENELLE has no idea why everyone can’t just get along? LMAO. 

Kail seemed like she didn’t want a confrontation, it was Bri and her family who started it. The convo was civil until Bri called Kail salty, that’s when things got heated. 

• Love 5

LOL @Jenelle’s “Yeah, I didn’t do my job bc I don’t wanna be around you!” referring to Kail. She says that as if it’s some sort of valid excuse! 

Newsflash, honey, when all this is over and you’ve gotta find another source of income, you’ll be dealing w/co-workers you don’t like, too and likely on a much more frequent basis! 

I think that’s likely part of the reason Kail and other cast members don’t like Jenelle, they feel like she doesn’t do her job and gets special treatment. That would annoy me too, after a while. 

To add to that, she also posts rude shit about them on social media and has made rude comments about them in the press. 

Jenelle needs to learn to suck it up. You see these people in person like 3x a year, toughen up and deal with it. 

• Love 7
On 5/17/2018 at 4:42 PM, Kazu said:

EJ has always been pretty flamboyant.

We know this show lost its edge long ago for a variety of reasons. MTV keeps trying to push their agenda out there strictly for ratings and money. The exploitation is on a Jerry Springer level and there is no going back.

I don’t care about the exploitation of these girls bc they choose it, but I agree about Nessa. Haven’t seen enough of EJ to know but I agree based on what I have seen, he kisses ass. 

Dr. Drew isn’t good, either, IMO although he is better than Nessa is with asking follow up questions. But he is too quick to back off when they get rude or diva. 

They need someone who is calm and fair and not accusing, but stands their ground and isn’t afraid to ask questions that the girls don’t like, while still being civil and level-headed. Instead of a shrink hosting these reunion shows, I’d prefer they have a reporter/journalist type of person asking them questions. 

They need like a Megyn Kelly type of person lol. She’s fair but she’s tough and sticks to her guns and she does her research beforehand. 

11 hours ago, LegallyRed2 said:

Thank God for PTV because until right now, I had no idea EJ was Magic Johnson's son...

I didn’t know that, either! Crazy! LOL. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So I just watched the after show. Briana looks so different, I didn’t recognize her at first! 

She looks good, but very different. She had her nose done and possibly something else on her face. I hope she also invested in some Accutane. 

Which reminds me, I’ve always wondered why Leah hasn’t gotten her nose done. I guess she likes it as is and that’s good for her, but personally, i think she’d be absolutely stunning if she got that nose done. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
(edited)

@FairyDusted

PPP ?

10 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Yeah that makes sense to watch for the more interesting information.  I did sometimes wonder where some of those things came from.  But I just can't.  So I'll put my faith in my fellow watchers and learn the tidbits from ya'll.

? We are more than happy to get the info and share it. ?

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 3

You guys, appreciate the "likes", but are those not happening anymore? It was the best part of the show! They probably didn't have anybody else to salvage anything from (EC) anymore...and they didn't wanna deal with Jenelle, Bri & Kail's conniptions when every week it was a "DeBoer" segment during the commercials. Ha! Bitchez. Seriously though, have I overlooked them?

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

You guys, appreciate the "likes", but are those not happening anymore? It was the best part of the show! They probably didn't have anybody else to salvage anything from (EC) anymore...and they didn't wanna deal with Jenelle, Bri & Kail's conniptions when every week it was a "DeBoer" segment during the commercials. Ha! Bitchez. Seriously though, have I overlooked them?

I haven't seen any but I haven't been paying attention.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I have not seen them anymore. I checked two episodes on my DVR and there are none. I assume, as you mentioned, they can't salvage anything and what little they can salvage, they save it for the "Unseen Moments" crap-episode.

15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

*Lort knows there’s a lot of gettin to be got!*

PPP

*Lord knows there's no relief*

PPP

• Love 6
On 5/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, SheTalksShit said:

Dr. Drew isn’t good, either, IMO although he is better than Nessa is with asking follow up questions. But he is too quick to back off when they get rude or diva. 

About a month or two ago, Dr. Drew addressed this on his podcast. He basically confirmed what a lot of people here speculated: he’s not allowed to press too hard, and if he does he knows they’ll storm off or shut down anyway. He also talked about how he isn’t there as a medical practitioner, and said something about not being licensed to practice in the state anyway. (I assumed he was referring to New York since he lives in California.)

Unless I missed it, he seemed to skirt the question of whether he actually watches the show. He does seem to care about the girls and apparently likes them more than we do. He said they all have his number and are welcome to call him for advice or referrals, but most never have. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

About a month or two ago, Dr. Drew addressed this on his podcast. He basically confirmed what a lot of people here speculated: he’s not allowed to press too hard, and if he does he knows they’ll storm off or shut down anyway. He also talked about how he isn’t there as a medical practitioner, and said something about not being licensed to practice in the state anyway. (I assumed he was referring to New York since he lives in California.)

Unless I missed it, he seemed to skirt the question of whether he actually watches the show. He does seem to care about the girls and apparently likes them more than we do. He said they all have his number and are welcome to call him for advice or referrals, but most never have. 

If he's not there as a medical practitioner, what's he there for?  Lots of people would be better at interviewing these women, and our knowing that he is a doctor just makes his presence maddening to those of us who want him to address, for one thing, the damage being done to the children on the show.  And that wouldn't take a doctor to point out, either, but I think it might cause the moms to take it more seriously.  They are all of them guilty of saying and doing things in front of the kids--and on TV--that children should not be subjected to, whether it's bad-mouthing the kid's other parent or "adult" talk, sexual, financial and otherwise.  Jace is going to be needing therapy for the rest of his life, for sure, from the overt, spoken criticisms he hears about his mother and his grandmother.  Who knows what damage UBT and enabling Jenelle have done to Kaiser?  Even saintly Chelsea's pointed questions to Aubree about what her dad does when she visits him are damaging.  Both Isaac and Lincoln (much as I hate Kailyn, I give her credit for spelling her kids' names correctly; even Lux is proper Latin) are subjected to sights and words no little boy should witness.  And Dr. Pinsky sits there and schmoozes with these moms, without hinting to them that they're not perfect.  They have his number, all right, but not in the way he means it.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

So, he likely doesn’t watch the show...actually, even if he does, the reunions are filmed before the current seasons air, so he wouldn’t have watched it. 

He does seem to do his research on them via tabloids/gossip, which is how he’s knowledgeable on some of the shit they do. 

He’s not licensed to practice medicine in the state of California, where he lives and works? Or does he mean New York? 

If he’s not there to be a Dr., he shouldn’t try to act like one at the reunions. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Another member here mentioned how their relative or friend ran into Drew in Vegas. The relative pressed him about whether he watches the show or not. This is what was posted back then:

- Drew watches segments of the show, but not because he is a watcher of the show. He is given scenes or full episodes to watch prior to any reunion taping. 

That makes sense because by the time the season is finished filming, MTV edits the show, gives Drew an early copy to watch at his convenience to help him prepare for what lies ahead at the taping. He is also likely given a set of questions before the taping. I recently gave an interview on local television and was given a list of questions a week before so I could prepare myself. I could see MTV giving him that list a week or two prior.

From the podcast I listened to yesterday, Drew stated he doesn't press the girls because he is "kept from doing so", which I took to mean the producers of MTV hinder him from talking to the cast members the way he wants to. This kind of goes with the theory that we all have had that he is simply given the blue cards to read from and he just more or less sticks with what is written on there. Back to what I mentioned above, I think the poster also mentioned the blue card theory as well being mentioned by Drew to her relative. Still, it doesn't explain why he at times goes off tangent and isn't referencing the blue cards when he is giving the worst advice to some of the cast members.  

It seems pretty obvious that Drew is there simply to give MTV credence by having a "doctor" on their how to host these reunions.

Drew also stated in the podcast he has known these girls for years. I took it to mean he has been in touch with them throughout the years on the reunion show and any other filming that is required, but he is not in constant contact with them. He stated he does "not judge their choices" and his job is to "not condemn them and judge them." One thing Bob Forrest said in response to this was, "Drew is empathetic, but not as empathetic on television."

During the podcast, Bob Forrest (Celebrity Rehab) gave his views on Teen Mom and particularly Amber. I will take that to the Amber thread. I posted what he said about Jenelle on her thread. Bob is a watcher of the show along with his wife. He didn't have nice things to say about Amber and said things about her that we have posted. I love how he called out Drew about his own views on Amber.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Kazu said:

Another member here mentioned how their relative or friend ran into Drew in Vegas. The relative pressed him about whether he watches the show or not. This is what was posted back then:

- Drew watches segments of the show, but not because he is a watcher of the show. He is given scenes or full episodes to watch prior to any reunion taping. 

That makes sense because by the time the season is finished filming, MTV edits the show, gives Drew an early copy to watch at his convenience to help him prepare for what lies ahead at the taping. He is also likely given a set of questions before the taping. I recently gave an interview on local television and was given a list of questions a week before so I could prepare myself. I could see MTV giving him that list a week or two prior.

From the podcast I listened to yesterday, Drew stated he doesn't press the girls because he is "kept from doing so", which I took to mean the producers of MTV hinder him from talking to the cast members the way he wants to. This kind of goes with the theory that we all have had that he is simply given the blue cards to read from and he just more or less sticks with what is written on there. Back to what I mentioned above, I think the poster also mentioned the blue card theory as well being mentioned by Drew to her relative. Still, it doesn't explain why he at times goes off tangent and isn't referencing the blue cards when he is giving the worst advice to some of the cast members.  

It seems pretty obvious that Drew is there simply to give MTV credence by having a "doctor" on their how to host these reunions.

Drew also stated in the podcast he has known these girls for years. I took it to mean he has been in touch with them throughout the years on the reunion show and any other filming that is required, but he is not in constant contact with them. He stated he does "not judge their choices" and his job is to "not condemn them and judge them." One thing Bob Forrest said in response to this was, "Drew is empathetic, but not as empathetic on television."

During the podcast, Bob Forrest (Celebrity Rehab) gave his views on Teen Mom and particularly Amber. I will take that to the Amber thread. I posted what he said about Jenelle on her thread. Bob is a watcher of the show along with his wife. He didn't have nice things to say about Amber and said things about her that we have posted. I love how he called out Drew about his own views on Amber.

I agree that it’s not his job to judge, but it is his job to ask questions. 

I don’t see why MTV thinks they need a doctor to host these shows. What they need is a HOST who can ask questions and remain civil and calm but also firm and unwavering. 

They should do it how Bravo does it with Andy Cohen, he doesn’t claim to be an expert on what they do, he just asks questions and lets them answer. Bravo also must have stricter rules in place via the ladies being diva and just walking off when shit gets uncomfortable. I remember, when one cast member didn’t show up on the RHOBH, she got fired and he openly said that at the reunion. Same thing with Vanderpump Rules cast, they stick around they suck it up, no matter how uncomfortable it gets. And when the cast members of the Bravo shows do walk off, they come right back, they don’t walk off permanently and refuse to film the rest of the time. 

I think this might also be bc they get reunion bonus checks and because they understand that, if they don’t show up at the reunion or walk off permanently or leave early, they’re fired. 

MTV rules seem a bit more lax. I hope that, if this show signs on for another few seasons, MTV will change update contracts with similar rules in place. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I agree that it’s not his job to judge, but it is his job to ask questions. 

I don’t see why MTV thinks they need a doctor to host these shows. What they need is a HOST who can ask questions and remain civil and calm but also firm and unwavering. 

I want to see Dr. Phil with these girls one time. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I want to see Dr. Phil with these girls one time. 

Like him or hate him, dude sets it straight.  I for one do love the guy.  He holds people accountable and at the same time does seem to want to help.  I also commend his wife on her work against DV.  He also spoke last week on foster care which as a foster parent I am passionate about, and do believe his speech was from the heart.  He is much more qualified than Drew for this BS.  (For the record in the mid 90’s I was a HUGE Love Line fan, to the point that me and my roomies tried to call in one night, to no success). 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Like him or hate him, dude sets it straight.  I for one do love the guy.  He holds people accountable and at the same time does seem to want to help.  I also commend his wife on her work against DV.  He also spoke last week on foster care which as a foster parent I am passionate about, and do believe his speech was from the heart.  He is much more qualified than Drew for this BS.  (For the record in the mid 90’s I was a HUGE Love Line fan, to the point that me and my roomies tried to call in one night, to no success). 

I'm not a regular watcher of Dr Phil, but I'd watch the hell out of any reunion he hosted. It would be so amazing to see the giant screen of all of Jenelle's shit behind them and him ticking them off one by one. Of course, Jenelle would have to be zip tied to her chair so she couldn't run away.

I used to listen to Love Line, too. Adam Corolla cracked me up.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

Oooh, I think you may be onto something! Between Briana's bullshit, Roxanne's bullshit, and Brittany's lame "side-eyes" to the camera while saying something she thinks is oh so badass & clever, it all makes sense. No MTV, NO!! 

I wouldn’t watch a coven spinoff show with someone else’s eyes. *shudder*

On 5/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, ghoulina said:

Oh, she totally wanted Leah to run and tell Kail. Bri is still in high school. She's that petty bitch that WILL rub it in your face when she takes your man. 

You’re generous, I think Briana is straight junior high, not even high school!

On 5/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Jeanne222 said:

What is it about Nessa and Ej that gets them these gigs?  Do they know somebody?  Have specialized training...that I don't see.

I know Nessa did or does date Kaepernick but surely that isn't the ticket.  And how did EJ get in.  Strange. 

I know you discovered the answer already but, yes, daddy! Not sure why or how the child of a former basketball star is qualified (or wanted) as a host here though. 

On 5/20/2018 at 6:19 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Something that a lot of people forget/don’t know is that Drew is a medical doctor (internal medicine), he’s not a psychologist or psychiatrist. Yeah, he’s an addiction specialist and that’s what most of his medical training is in but he has no background in psychology. He’s no mental health expert, so I take all his opinions in that area with a grain of salt. Other than the fact he goes by “Dr Drew” I can’t see what the hell he brings to the table here. Especially since he rarely speaks freely about the obvious addictions plaguing much of the cast. I have issues with Dr Phil too and he hasn't been licensed in many years but at least his background is in psychology. And Drew flat out admits: “My goal was always to be part of pop culture...” I just can’t take him seriously as a medical professional.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

You’re generous, I think Briana is straight junior high, not even high school!

LOL, you're probably right! My experience is a little different, since I went to a Catholic grade school and then on to high school. I didn't start seeing this kind of drama until I was  HS freshman. But Bri is definitely VERY immature and petty as hell. 

• Love 4