Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: The Tipping Point

• Start Topic

I don't mind her so much either, but that may be because we've reached a stage where I automatically love any character who isn't Natalie just for that fact that he or she isn't Natalie.

• Love 4

I don't like Natalie because she's too undisciplined but I loathe Bekker because she's a mean person. She thinks it's okay to put people down if they don't live up to her impossible standards.  In the episode when the hospital was locked down and the ER team was trying to do cardiac surgery, she was mocking and scathing even though they were ER doctors, not cardiac surgeons.  She was also mean to Connor until she decided that she liked him, and she's not above backstabbing to get ahead.

I'd put her third on my ranking of "doctors I'd want to treat me" behind Latham and Connor because she can be as closed minded as Natalie.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't like Natalie because she's too undisciplined but I loathe Bekker because she's a mean person. She thinks it's okay to put people down if they don't live up to her impossible standards.  In the episode when the hospital was locked down and the ER team was trying to do cardiac surgery, she was mocking and scathing even though they were ER doctors, not cardiac surgeons.  She was also mean to Connor until she decided that she liked him, and she's not above backstabbing to get ahead.

I'd put her third on my ranking of "doctors I'd want to treat me" behind Latham and Connor because she can be as closed minded as Natalie.

Well, since you put it that way.....Bekker really is a bitch.  I'd forgotten some of the mean stuff she did.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TvGeek said:

Did we get to see what Dr. Charles found in the freezer in that storage locker in the previous episode. I feel like I missed something?

The freezer was empty.

• Love 1
(edited)

So...  Connor gave up the surgery so he could instead stand behind everyone like a martyr undermining them? Really eyerolling stuff. Bekker is a pain in the whole but I don't blame her for doubting his martyr complex. I'd respect her more if she was just ambitious though instead of love struck for Connor. They don't all have to pair off.

I found April dumping Ethan to be a bit harsh. If it were Noah in trouble he'd have to suck it up.

That proposal to Natalie was so embarrassing and I could tell by her face it's going to be a no.

The only thing interesting me at the moment is the new trauma surgeon as its a new character.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2018 at 3:54 AM, Sarnia said:

The freezer was empty.

Don't people typically leave unplugged, used refrigerators and freezers open?  Even if it was empty during his inspection, wouldn't it have a distinct smell once Dr. Charles opened it (IF it had contained bodies of Haywood's deceased victims)?  I've dealt with post-mortem care and the hospital morgue enough to know that smell.  So, even it it was empty, it would have been nice if Dr. Charles had exhibited some sort of reaction to what he smelled when he opened it.  Or, it was just that - empty and never used for any criminal purposes.  So, then all he's going on is the monkey?

On 6/1/2018 at 4:18 PM, Chas411 said:

So...  Connor gave up the surgery so he could instead stand behind everyone like a martyr undermining them? Really eyerolling stuff. Bekker is a pain in the whole but I don't blame her for doubting his martyr complex. I'd respect her more if she was just ambitious though instead of love struck for Connor. They don't all have to pair off.

I found April dumping Ethan to be a bit harsh. If it were Noah in trouble he'd have to suck it up.

That proposal to Natalie was so embarrassing and I could tell by her face it's going to be a no.

The only thing interesting me at the moment is the new trauma surgeon as its a new character.

Are Connor's (contrived) heroics starting with his self-recusal supposed to be some kind of redemption for him and his earlier bad call? The story felt more than a little hokey to me.

How did they come up with Will's superbly ill-timed proposal to Natalie? She was storming away in a jealous rage, where's the logic in making the proposal right then and there? On the other hand I suspect it will be better for him if she does say no.

I'm debating whether this show will be worth watching come fall.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, watcher1006 said:

How did they come up with Will's superbly ill-timed proposal to Natalie? She was storming away in a jealous rage, where's the logic in making the proposal right then and there? On the other hand I suspect it will be better for him if she does say no.

When Jay was questioning Will, he said he had wanted to all week but there was never a good moment.

If THAT was the best moment Will and Natalie had over the course of an entire week, you'd think he'd take it as a hint about the wisdom of proposing at all...

On 6/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, watcher1006 said:

Are Connor's (contrived) heroics starting with his self-recusal supposed to be some kind of redemption for him and his earlier bad call? The story felt more than a little hokey to me.

A doctor getting the yips after making a bad call and then being afraid to make another decision until some necessary situation and then a miracle happens is an old trope. And not a particularly good one.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 1:41 AM, Poohbear617 said:

I never liked Dr. Becker, she was manipulative , arrogant and overly ambitous....but I thought she was a tough competitor. But she became a whiny crying baby who allowed herself to be bullied by her mentor and needed to be comforted by dr. Rhodes.  Now WTF was that tonight

The most I've ever liked Bekker was when she was putting Pop Rhodes in his place -- those WTF faces she was making when he tried putting his creaky little moves on her were hilarious.

Also, I think Mother Halstead's ring might have a curse on it.

• Love 1