Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: The Tipping Point

• Start Topic

Dr. Rhodes second guesses his decision to remove himself from the team of doctors who work to separate conjoined twins. Dr. Choi and April make a startling discovery about his sister, Emily, and Dr. Charles uncovers troubling information concerning Dr. Reese's father. Season Finale

(edited)

I liked the focus on Goodwin, but overall I was underwhelmed.  

April was always about supporting family no matter what, but now she wants Choi to leave his sister on her own and breaks up with him. A total 180 in personality, expecially after defending Noah for however long. 

I thought Wil's proposal to Natalie was not only poorly timed, but bad writing (obviously done for the finale). She just stormed off angry and he chases her down. I wasn't excited about it. 

I still don't like Bekker and Conor. I don't care who Conor dates. For me, Bekker was just so awful when she was introduced (cruel and unprofessional), that I've never warmed up to her.  Their cliffhanger bit was anticlimactic. 

The whole psychopathic/serial killer  father storyline is just too over the top for me. 

Did I miss any storyline for Maggie this episode?

On a positive note, I really liked how compassionate Goodwin was to her ex-husband after how her treated her. I predict administrative drama for her next season. 

Edited by JustS
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Ok, show of hands, who thinks Dr Reece's father gave the clippings to Dr Charles? It's one big game for him. 

Yeah, and I bet he's faking his attack.  I'll believe him if he dies. Were we supposed to think Dr. Charles wants to let him die? Did someone say this was the season ender?  Oh well.

I have always loved Oliver Platt and he has been the only reason I watch CM.  The writing has been absolutely horrendous lately.  The storyline with Dr. Reece's father could be good.  It's interesting watching someone with an anti-social personality disorder ( didn't look it up..I think I'm close ) and how Dr. Charles picked up on it fairly quickly and has to walk this fine line with Dr. Reece.  BUT, when they had him just look up into her father's window and that damn monkey is right there...geeez.

Looks like the show does OK in the ratings, so when it comes back,  I'll keep watching for Oliver.

• Love 9
(edited)

Dr. Manning and Dr. Becker are two of the worst representations of professional women in high pressure jobs.

Manning always lets her emotions get in the way, teary eyed, who says she is independent but let's men take the fall for her and wants to be rescued by a white knight. She also stomps her feet and runs away when he does not get her way.

I never liked Dr. Becker, she was manipulative , arrogant and overly ambitous....but I thought she was a tough competitor. But she became a whiny crying baby who allowed herself to be bullied by her mentor and needed to be comforted by dr. Rhodes.  Now WTF was that tonight? Neither her or Dr. Latham had the right  answer about  the twins, Rhodes did, she accused him of PLANNING it so he could get offered a place at Mayo...and cried about it.  How in the hell was that planned, would it have been better to let the babies die?...can't even discuss delicate Reece. She knew daddy only wanted her money and care, and yet falls for the "heart changed me" BS. What a dope! 

Need better strong  women like Maggie and Goodwin.

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 13

What a horrible ham handed way for Dr. Charles to handle Reese's father.  He knows the man is a brilliant sociopath so his solution is to try to take him on himself... Ridiculous

And Reese who is a trained professional would fall for his manipulations.

Ethan and April's manufactured crisis... stupid.  April tells him to help his sister... and then when he does, she wants no part of it?

Goodwin's crisis... boring and predictable.

Will's proposal after Natalie finding out about his fling?  Really poor timing and it came off as desperate and lame.

When Connor and Bekker's moment was the highlight of the show... you have a show that badly needs some retooling over the summer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sentient Meat said:

What a horrible ham handed way for Dr. Charles to handle Reese's father.  He knows the man is a brilliant sociopath so his solution is to try to take him on himself... Ridiculous

Ethan and April's manufactured crisis... stupid.  April tells him to help his sister... and then when he does, she wants no part of it?

Goodwin's crisis... boring and predictable.

Will's proposal after Natalie finding out about his fling?  Really poor timing and it came off as desperate and lame.

When Connor and Bekker's moment was the highlight of the show... you have a show that badly needs some retooling over the summer.

It was stupid for him to take him on alone. He should have just continued contacting the police, and even gone to see them in person. He could have also sent the clippings to them so that they could see that this happened multiple times.

I can cut Sarah some slack because I would have a hard time turning away my father when he was ill as well. The heart thing is a bit much, but it is hard to say if she really believed him or was humoring him.

Ethan and April.....they can just be done. It was a stupid fight, but I am glad they are apart. Choi is probably going to get burned, but I would have trouble just leaving my sister too. He at least needs to try. People do turn their lives around. I do wonder what she would do if Noah ever developed a drug problem or some other type of peoblem. Would she just leave him? I think not. 

I enjoyed Goodwin this week. I admire her strength. It would not be easy for me to confront someone about my pain and still be there for them even though I had been hurt like that. She is very classy.

Natalie should join Gabby. It was a stupid kiss on a break. It is not that serious. Why in the world does Will want to put up with this? Especially so much that he is willing to just throw himself at her mercy when she acts like a child?

Bekker's behavior was just weird. I feel like the show was just trying to show her as upset that Connor may be leaving, but why couldn't the show just show that without her asking stupid questions? If she actually is jealous of his job offer then she can just leave because she is awful.

• Love 5

Man those babies are god damn miracles. Just mere moments after being separated by apparently this epically difficult surgery there they are happily gurgling away, waving their little arms and legs like they just had an bandaid removed. Do they actually have medical experts consulting on this show? It's just ridiculous. Have them in ICU, on vents and you can still say that they surgery was a success and now it's a wait and see.....but no let's just be utterly ridiculous.

I know this is TV drama but I think we have moved past the days of cringeworthy daytime soap, people can only suspended disbelief for so long and if they don't kept it within the realms of reality it starts to become a joke....and this show is officially a joke.

• Love 14
(edited)

What the ??? was that (episode)?

End-of-season cliffhangers work when there is only one and it either is the end of a long-build up or plausibly comes out of nowhere.  You either have to care or have to be shocked.  Think "Who shot JR" from Dallas several decades ago. 

Here, it's as if every story/character had to have some cliffhanger and the writers did whatever it took, even if it was out-of-character, out of nowhere or made no sense. 

In the out-of-character world, I give you the Dr. Charles fiasco.  As far as we know, he is a rational, trained professional psychiatrist who has seen his share of psychopaths, personality disorders, etc.  Yet Reese's father has him all bollixed up.  And, when he suspects this guy could be a murderer, instead of going to the police (who investigate crimes) so they can take them to the attorneys (who prosecute crimes -- Law and Order, does this sound familiar?) so that the guy could be brought to justice, he decides to conduct a one-man investigation and leap to conclusions instead of turning over the evidence he was sent to the police, who actually do this for a living.  For example, how does anyone know that the dead student didn't give the monkey to Reese's dad?  How do we know it's the exact same one?  This is why there are trained investigators.  And, then, Dr. Charles -- who has always put his patients first no matter how nutty they are -- decides (we are led to believe) to allow Reese's father to die b/c he (Charles) has decided the guy is guilty. 

In the out of nowhere world, I give you the Goodwin's ex-husband story.  Obviously they had to have not one, but two cliffhangers for her.  So her ex is brought in after attempting suicide though we've had no indication that he has any mental health issues.  Yeah, his GF/wife died, but they hadn't known each other for long.  It's not unheard of for a surviving spouse to contemplate suicide after losing a spouse of many years.  This relationship was closer to many weeks. 

In the makes no sense world, I give you the proposal.  Halstead is proposing to Manning based on what (other than writer delusion)?  When last we saw him, he was in a bar looking for love.  How does he know Manning is ready for marriage -- have he ever discussed the concept with her?  What about her kid?  When last we saw them together (other than the brief car scene after the shooting), her kid was lashing out at him.  Has he tried to get to know the kid?  In real life, most rational adults actually have conversations about the future before one person proposes. 

As an aside, I did not care one whit whether the conjoined twins lived or died (and the dolls they used looks so fake, it was almost laughable).  Anyone who has read anything about separating conjoined twins knows that often one is missing leg or an arm and they have huge scars, etc.  It's a very traumatic procedure -- I would have expected some support for the parents from friends, family, social workers (but I guess on TV you have to pay more actors and that ain't happening with the size of this cast).  I pretty much FF'ed through the entire plot line.

It was all one convoluted mess and causes me to question whether I actually want to watch again in the fall.

Edited by dogdays2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, JustS said:

I liked the focus on Goodwin, but overall I was underwhelmed.  

April was always about supporting family no matter what, but now she wants Choi to leave his sister on her own and breaks up with him. A total 180 in personality, expecially after defending Noah for however long. 

I thought Wil's proposal to Natalie was not only poorly timed, but bad writing (obviously done for the finale). She just stormed off angry and he chases her down. I wasn't excited about it. 

I still don't like Bekker and Conor. I don't care who Conor dates. For me, Bekker was just so awful when she was introduced (cruel and unprofessional), that I've never warmed up to her.  Their cliffhanger bit was anticlimactic. 

The whole psychopathic/serial killer  father storyline is just too over the top for me. 

Did I miss any storyline for Maggie this episode?

On a positive note, I really liked how compassionate Goodwin was to her ex-husband after how her treated her. I predict administrative drama for her next season. 

Believe you've nailed the highlights, and lowlights, of this episode.   It was just "meh" and so predictable.   Of course, Reese's father isn't dead; of course, Manning will say yes--probably with some caveat (Will is the puppy she controls); Choi and April - seriously, you're going to chastise him for now wanting to help his sister and you've loudly proclaimed how important family is?  Yeah, 180 degree turn.   And lastly, Rhodes and Bekker - get her the hell off the show.  Give her the job at the Mayo Clinic; just let her be gone.  That relationship doesn't and never will work.   The entire drama surrounding Goodwin's husband was so typical, i.e., leaves wife of 30 years to find younger wife who dies; younger wife professes to the ex to look after her husband; Goodwin berates him for what he's done and is doing BUT "live" for our kids - pathetic trope.  IMO, Goodwin still seems to harbor resentment (and perhaps rightfully so) but hasn't totally move forward even with that  'impassioned" speech she gave Burt.    This season finale is not one that will be discussed over the summer until the fall return.   Definitely need better writers/storylines.

13 minutes ago, dogdays2 said:

It was all one convoluted mess and causes me to question whether I actually want to watch again in the fall.

Your last sentence encapsulates it well; it is a convoluted mess and one that's not even the least bit interesting.  I certainly won't be counting the days for the fall's season return.   *sigh*   Season 1 was by far the best, and it's only gone downhill from there.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, preeya said:

Run Will, Run.

Like, you know?

"It was her?"  "Yes, Nastalie, it was her.  She is the woman who I didn't have an affair with, when I was single because you had dumped me!"

1 hour ago, dogdays2 said:

instead of going to the police...

... he warns him about the trophy-bear, so that he can dispose of it.  Thereby eliminating the evidence against him, and escaping justice!  Because Charles is a quack and a dummy.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Yes! OMG, can Natalie go with Gabby to Puerto Rico?

Ha ha!!  Seriously.  Do they want us to hate Natalie?  Is she supposed to be a real person or a caricature?  It's been a long time since I've disliked a fictional character so much.  

• Love 1

Even though I don't much care about April, I didn't get the impression that she wanted Choi to just abandon his sister.  I thought she suggested that he get his sister into a rehab facility, instead of living with him/them.  In this case, I actually think that April is right.   

Dr. Charles:  You've been played like a fiddle.  I actually applaud the crazy dad. 

• Love 1

Last week I mentioned they try for like 15 seconds before they call TOD in this show. Yeah, they spent like 10 seconds this week. I'm pretty sure a local high school health student would try chest compressions for longer than the doctors at Chicago Med. 

Reese better end up murdered by her psycho dad next season, or I'm going to be mad. 

• Love 5

Too many storylines and cliffhangers in this series finale.  Last year, wasn't it just all about Dr. Charles getting shot and lying outside the hospital?  This year they seem to have given us three and a few others that we don't care about.

1. Charles/Reese's dad.  What the heck was all that about?  OK, so it's obvious he killed the girl as he had the third monkey.  But then he has a heart attack?  And Charles thinks about giving him CPR but then stops?  And then Reese conveniently walks in? 

2. Connor.  Did a good job playing the angst ridden CT surgeon who is struggling with should he or shouldn't he participate.  I don't believe that CT surgeons have any "crisis of confidence".  They are the rock stars of the surgical world, oozing with confidence and usually bordering on arrogance.  I'm glad he stepped in and saved those twins.  I guess both he and Becker are soon to be graduating fellows?  Didn't know they were both finishing at the same time.  Connor obviously won't take the Mayo job, for the simple reasoning that if he does, he's off the show.  So I guess that means Ava goes?

3. Will/Natalie.  I don't really care if they end up together or not.  Terrible proposal.  I was half expecting to see Will on bended knee blurred out in the background when they cut to Connor waiting for the valet to give him his car.  (What hospital valets Porsches for fellows?  Come on now.  I'm surprised he doesn't have to walk uphill one mile to go get his car.)  One minute it looks like they're done and the next minute Will is proposing?  Dude, you don't propose out of desperation.  Heal and strengthen the relationship first before making the leap of faith.

4. Choi/April/Emily.  Yawn.  I don't give two craps about Emily and can't wait for her to go away.  Was hoping she would end up in Vegas turning tricks and doing blow.

5. Goodwin.  I'm confused where this is heading.  So we're introduced to a new Chief of Trauma.  Who was the old chief of trauma?  That sniveling attending we see in the ER?  Or is he the ER chief?  And then now there is the African American woman who is head of quality or efficiency or something like that?  Seems like they are setting up next season to be a corporate battle type of drama.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, greyhorse said:

2. Connor.  Did a good job playing the angst ridden CT surgeon who is struggling with should he or shouldn't he participate.  I don't believe that CT surgeons have any "crisis of confidence".  They are the rock stars of the surgical world, oozing with confidence and usually bordering on arrogance.  I'm glad he stepped in and saved those twins.  I guess both he and Becker are soon to be graduating fellows?  Didn't know they were both finishing at the same time.  Connor obviously won't take the Mayo job, for the simple reasoning that if he does, he's off the show.  So I guess that means Ava goes?

Connor rejected the job offer, but implied otherwise to Ava in order to find out what Ava wanted from their relationship. He recommended her to the Mayo clinic and now he knows what she wants which is why Connor replied "great" and drove off. She leaves the show, but who really cares because I think most viewers are annoyed with their weekly confrontations over who has the best skill set or who is the most competent CT surgeon for difficult procedures. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Connor rejected the job offer, but implied otherwise to Ava in order to find out what Ava wanted from their relationship. He recommended her to the Mayo clinic and now he knows what she wants which is why Connor replied "great" and drove off.

I probably wasn't paying attention but when did he reject the job offer and recommend Ava to the Mayo clinic?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I probably wasn't paying attention but when did he reject the job offer and recommend Ava to the Mayo clinic?

It was implied (subtext) in his conversation with Ava which explains his "great' response after she said that she would accept a hypothetical offer. He's happy now because he knows where things stand with her. It was all about her ambition. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, VinceW said:

It was implied in his conversation with Ava which explains his "great' response after she said that she would accept a hypothetical offer. He's happy now because he knows where things stand with her. It was all about her ambition.

Yeah, I understood that it was all about her ambition, and I can believe that he turned down the position, but I didn't get that he actually recommended her for it.

3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I understood that it was all about her ambition, and I can believe that he turned down the position, but I didn't get that he actually recommended her for it.

Else why the "great" response?

33 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Connor rejected the job offer, but implied otherwise to Ava in order to find out what Ava wanted from their relationship. He recommended her to the Mayo clinic and now he knows what she wants which is why Connor replied "great" and drove off. She leaves the show, but who really cares because I think most viewers are annoyed with their weekly confrontations over who has the best skill set or who is the most competent CT surgeon for difficult procedures..

I must have missed where he said that he turned down the job offer.  When did he explicitly say that he turned it down?  I recall him asking her if she would take the job and she said she would, and that was the "great" response.  I don't understand why he would think that their "relationship" would keep them from their professional aspirations.  They had a one night stand, then she broke it off, then there was some suggestion that they wanted to be together again.  But we haven't seen much from them other than their competitiveness against each other to be number one.  Not sure why Connor would expect her not to take a job at Mayo if she had the opportunity.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Else why the "great" response?

I thought he was being sarcastic.  Even if he wasn't though, and he thought it would be "great" for her to take the job, that still doesn't mean that he recommended her for it.  

Bottom line is, I guess we can speculate but we really won't know until the new season starts. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I thought he was being sarcastic.  Even if he wasn't though, and he thought it would be "great" for her to take the job, that still doesn't mean that he recommended her for it.  

Bottom line is, I guess we can speculate but we really won't know until the new season starts. 

5 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I must have missed where he said that he turned down the job offer.  When did he explicitly say that he turned it down?  I recall him asking her if she would take the job and she said she would, and that was the "great" response.  I don't understand why he would think that their "relationship" would keep them from their professional aspirations.  They had a one night stand, then she broke it off, then there was some suggestion that they wanted to be together again.  But we haven't seen much from them other than their competitiveness against each other to be number one.  Not sure why Connor would expect her not to take a job at Mayo if she had the opportunity.

I am just speculating (reading the subtext of their last conversation) on how Ava might leave the show. It's a mini cliffhanger folks. Some kind of change is coming between them.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, AlwaysWatching said:

Yeah, and I bet he's faking his attack.  I'll believe him if he dies. Were we supposed to think Dr. Charles wants to let him die? Did someone say this was the season ender?  Oh well.

I have always loved Oliver Platt and he has been the only reason I watch CM.  The writing has been absolutely horrendous lately.  The storyline with Dr. Reece's father could be good.  It's interesting watching someone with an anti-social personality disorder ( didn't look it up..I think I'm close ) and how Dr. Charles picked up on it fairly quickly and has to walk this fine line with Dr. Reece.  BUT, when they had him just look up into her father's window and that damn monkey is right there...geeez.

Looks like the show does OK in the ratings, so when it comes back,  I

Me too, I can't believe Oliver Platt doesn't complain about the quality but he gets paid either way. It seemed promising with some of the earlier shows.  Why make him seem like he suddenly got dumb? He is head of his department, he sees depression when no one else does, has instincts honed over the years.

Oh well, I hope for redemption next season but am FF through parts now.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Guildford said:

I know this is TV drama but I think we have moved past the days of cringeworthy daytime soap, people can only suspended disbelief for so long and if they don't kept it within the realms of reality it starts to become a joke....and this show is officially a joke.

Saw that in the fast approaching horizon back in the middle of S1.

Didn't quite realize - at the time - just how bad & CWish that storylines like the Will/Natalie and Connor/any-PLI relationships would turn out though.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

There are CW shows better and more adult than this.  Just ask Colin Donnell, formerly of Arrow.

Why did this show make me suffer through an entire season of Choi/April and Connor/Eva if they were just going to break them up at the end of the season???????

I just know that Will and Natalie are going to get back together, the show seems to love them so much. Poor Will, he deserves better than to spend his life whipped.

Is Bekker going to break up with Connor because he got a better job offer?  (I thought he still had one more year to go on his fellowship was it only a 2 year one?) If so, that's the second girlfriend who is going to dump him because he gets picked over her -- remember Dr. Lulu in season 1?  Before Connor turned wussy like he is with Bekker.

As soon as Charles started going after Reese's father, I said "He's going to have a heart attack". Yep, couldn't have been less surprising.

I'm looking forward to the administrative problems for Sharon and Maggie next season, which is an improvement from last season's finale when there was nothing I was looking forward to.

22 hours ago, JustS said:

April is about supporting her own family though, not about other people. I thought she behaved badly toward her fiance last season and she hasn't really been sympathetic to patients unless they mirrored her or her situation.

With April, you have to do it her way or she turns on you.

19 hours ago, Sentient Meat said:

I can believe that Reese would fall for the manipulations. Not only is he a very smooth operator, tricking Dr. Charles in the beginning, she very much wants to have a relationship him.  Smart people who have personality disorders are very difficult to spot.  And she's not only young, she's barely in training as a second year resident.

The one thing that strikes a bad note is that while April's mother warned her against him, she didn't say why.  It's unrealistic, and rather stupid. If you feel the man is a danger to your adult daughter, explain why you feel that way.

13 hours ago, cathmed said:

Your last sentence encapsulates it well; it is a convoluted mess and one that's not even the least bit interesting.  I certainly won't be counting the days for the fall's season return.   *sigh*   Season 1 was by far the best, and it's only gone downhill from there.

This was such a good show in season 1.  The last two seasons have been straight downhill.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This was such a good show in season 1.  The last two seasons have been straight downhill.

I agree entirely with this. I don't know what the hell happened.  Med was my favorite in the One Chicago franchise (I started watching Fire and PD later).  If I'm not wowed in first few eps of season 4, I'm likely bailing. No matter how much I love S. Epatha Merkerson (I'm an original L&o fan). 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There are CW shows better and more adult than this.  Just ask Colin Donnell, formerly of Arrow.

Why did this show make me suffer through an entire season of Choi/April and Connor/Eva if they were just going to break them up at the end of the season???????

I just know that Will and Natalie are going to get back together, the show seems to love them so much. Poor Will, he deserves better than to spend his life whipped.

Is Bekker going to break up with Connor because he got a better job offer?  (I thought he still had one more year to go on his fellowship was it only a 2 year one?) If so, that's the second girlfriend who is going to dump him because he gets picked over her -- remember Dr. Lulu in season 1?  Before Connor turned wussy like he is with Bekker.

Technically, we don't know what Bekker and Connor are, other than work colleagues. They had one night together and that was quickly snuffed out. If they're going to be together, then get on with it and stop the dance. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time of will they or won't they. I can't imagine Connor possibly taking a job at Mayo would force Ava to tears, with how competitive she is. She's probably in love with him.

basically I'm just watching so I can come on here and enjoy the comments

Watching that mess was worth it if only to get comedy gold like the following:

21 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Reese better end up murdered by her psycho dad next season, or I'm going to be mad. 

I can't add to what has already been said. The Dr Charles storyline was bad to begin with but they managed to make it even worse.

• Love 6

I don't understand why 95% of this show is built around the ER. The show is called Chicago Med, not Chicago ER. There's got to be better stories than every patient being admitted on a gurney from an ambulance.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Or better yet:  Charles gets murdered by Reece's psycho serial-killer dad.   That way I don't have to put up with his stupidity every episode.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Technically, we don't know what Bekker and Connor are, other than work colleagues. They had one night together and that was quickly snuffed out. If they're going to be together, then get on with it and stop the dance. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time of will they or won't they. I can't imagine Connor possibly taking a job at Mayo would force Ava to tears, with how competitive she is. She's probably in love with him.

In the episode where Rhodes Sr. gave Ava flowers, Connor said that he didn't want her to date anyone else and she said ditto so I figure that they were together after that.

They could just be tears of frustration that his career is moving ahead of hers but I agree that she probably thinks she's in love with him and that's why she was in tears, thinking she's blown it but she's such an unpleasant character, I don't care.

• Love 1
(edited)

I also had the feeling that Rhodes had refused the Mayo offer, but that was not explicitely stated (and it will not keep me awake at night, nor will any of the other cliffhangers - could there have been more?).

The thing that shocked me the most about Dr Charles' ridiculous detective work was that he lied to the parents of a girl who disappeared and who don't even have the possibility to mourn her. Season 1 Dr Charles would never had done that. I thought it was incredibly cruel.

Edited by Sarnia
  • Love 2

Mr MML and I were screaming laughing when Dr Charles went to Reese’s sociopath dad’s apartment and tried to get in by telling the super/landlord/whoever that sociopath dad was going into cardiac rehab and needed Dr Charles to get his.... toothbrush and toothpaste??? Because you can’t just  buy those items at Walgreens or CVS or a gas station or grocery store or have them provided by the rehab place?

I am loving Reese’s dad, though—serial killer or not, his scenes are the most fun and he is sooo good at playing this.

I also think this finale was soooo much better than April’s brother’s graduation party on a boat (I think it was him) that was just so prommish with coupling that I thought I had the Disney channel on and was watching High School Hospital. 

• Love 2

Where was Noah this episode? He's become one of the few enjoyable parts on this show recently. 

I liked the focus on Goodwin. I hate April and Choi together so yay for a break up.

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Bekker? Because I don't.  Bye, she's awful.

Weirdly enough, I'm invested in the Dr. Charles Homicide! Maybe because it's so bad, it's so good?

• Love 3

I like Chicago Med better than the other two Chicago shows. My favorite pairing is Dr. Charles and Dr. Reese. I think it's ironic to see Dr. Charles chasing down this psychopath killer who is Reese's sociopathic dad. Last year Dr. Charles was shot at the season's finale. He's the only one who had any sympathy for the shooter. According to Dr. Charles anyone who does anything bad is just a victim because they have some kind of mental illness………” the poor guy he didn't know what he was doing, he was scared. I should of helped him”.  Now that this sociopath father of Reese is manipulating his protege, Charles changes his stripes. To the point where now this guy has a heart attack and as he starts to do CPR he realizes what a dirtbag this fool is and he decides to just let him die. That's when Reese busts him. She looks at him with shock and dismay. He has that guilty look on his face. We'll see if this guy's really dead or not. Choi is the opposite side of the coin. He starts off as the tough guy, “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” type. Now, with that li’l liar Emily, he is now a big softie. It will be interesting to see if he gets burned by his sister. I doubt it…..she will probably turn a new leaf next season.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, greyhorse said:

1. Charles/Reese's dad.  What the heck was all that about?  OK, so it's obvious he killed the girl as he had the third monkey.  But then he has a heart attack?  And Charles thinks about giving him CPR but then stops?  And then Reese conveniently walks in? 

On 5/18/2018 at 6:07 PM, Coach said:

I like Chicago Med better than the other two Chicago shows. My favorite pairing is Dr. Charles and Dr. Reese. I think it's ironic to see Dr. Charles chasing down this psychopath killer who is Reese's sociopathic dad. Last year Dr. Charles was shot at the season's finale. He's the only one who had any sympathy for the shooter. According to Dr. Charles anyone who does anything bad is just a victim because they have some kind of mental illness………” the poor guy he didn't know what he was doing, he was scared. I should of helped him”.  Now that this sociopath father of Reese is manipulating his protege, Charles changes his stripes. To the point where now this guy has a heart attack and as he starts to do CPR he realizes what a dirtbag this fool is and he decides to just let him die. That's when Reese busts him. She looks at him with shock and dismay. He has that guilty look on his face. We'll see if this guy's really dead or not. Choi is the opposite side of the coin. He starts off as the tough guy, “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” type. Now, with that li’l liar Emily, he is now a big softie. It will be interesting to see if he gets burned by his sister. I doubt it…..she will probably turn a new leaf next season.

Going to post about this in the speculation thread....

Edited by GalvDuck
Deleted speculation and moved it to proper thread....

Man those babies are god damn miracles. Just mere moments after being separated by apparently this epically difficult surgery there they are happily gurgling away, waving their little arms and legs like they just had an bandaid removed. Do they actually have medical experts consulting on this show? It's just ridiculous. Have them in ICU, on vents and you can still say that they surgery was a success and now it's a wait and see.....but no let's just be utterly ridiculous.

I know, right?  They do the same with adults.  People come out of open heart surgery with nothing but oxygen prongs in their nose and pretty much fully coherent.  When in reality they're in the ICU, still vented for a few hours, with tubes here and there, clutching their red pillow and looking like death warmed over.  It's really quite ridiculous in Medical TV land.  Those babies looked ready for a game of peek-a-boo.

There was no way I was going to despise anyone more than Fire's Gabby but, behold, there's a new contender - Manning.  Who writes these female characters on the Wolf shows anyway?  It's embarrassing.  I'd add Becker to the list of insufferable Wolf women and poor April is rapidly moving up the charts.   And for what it's worth, Will is an idiot.

• Love 5
On 5/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, limecoke said:

There was no way I was going to despise anyone more than Fire's Gabby but, behold, there's a new contender - Manning.  Who writes these female characters on the Wolf shows anyway?

With some exceptions, most of the females of the three main L&O Wolf shows were/are pretty great. Maybe the Chicago franchise could use writers from Wolf's first franchise.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 7:42 PM, statsgirl said:

Smart people who have personality disorders are very difficult to spot.  

Tell me about it; I was married to one for 20 years before I figured out what the problem was.  ie, not (just) me.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Tell me about it; I was married to one for 20 years before I figured out what the problem was.  ie, not (just) me.

You're smarter than I am. It took me 24 years to figure it out -- and I have a degree in psychology.

We want to believe that those we love love us back.

• Love 3

Probably the only one over here but I love Rhodes Bekker relationship. Yes they had a rocky start, but I think part of that is just Bekker's quirks. As time has gone on I find her funny, and feel like a part of her personality is her just trying to find her way in this Male dominated team. I love how they both push each other to be the best person they can be. It's more than just a physical attraction that drives the two of them together. I really hope this something that is explored next season. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Tvfangirl242 said:

Probably the only one over here but I love Rhodes Bekker relationship. Yes they had a rocky start, but I think part of that is just Bekker's quirks. As time has gone on I find her funny, and feel like a part of her personality is her just trying to find her way in this Male dominated team. I love how they both push each other to be the best person they can be. It's more than just a physical attraction that drives the two of them together. I really hope this something that is explored next season. 

I don't mind her, I just don't understand why they gave her that terrible Sth African accent. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Guildford said:

I don't mind her, I just don't understand why they gave her that terrible Sth African accent. 

Yeah, it's that accent that bugs me, and the way she speaks with her teeth clenched.