Type keyword(s) to search

The Passage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, the eskimo said:

work in government-funded scientific research, and, of course, something like this wouldn't be allowed

So YOU say (and you have to, don't you?)!!!!  But we all know what government-funded scientific research is REALLY like!!!!  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I'm loving the show too. Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but the Amy/Brad relationship is perfect. Plus I'm glad we are getting back stories on the twelve to humanize them (ironically).  

• Love 5
On 1/29/2019 at 3:02 AM, tennisgurl said:

I also laughed at head scientist guy insisting that the subjects are NOT vampires, despite the fact that, and Brad pointed out, they look like vampires, sound like vampires, so therefore, they must BE vampires. But no, scientists do not call anything vampires damn it! Even if they suck blood, get all pale and creepy, and burn in the sun...

Same. I actually said out loud, "Ummm, Sweetie, that's a vampire". When a show has me talking back to the characters, I know that I am fully engaged.

• Love 8

I'm still really curious as to what the TV show will do with the rest of the storyline, if it gets renewed. As much as I'm liking it, I think this is a tough series to adapt, especially to network TV. 

Major book spoiler, but does anyone think they 

Spoiler

Will do the same thing with Brad for the show that they did in the books? I've seen a few complaints that Brad and Amy are too much the focus and the stars right now, and they are right in that the relationship is powerful and important, but not for long in the books. Not to mention possibly doing a big cast reset if they simply jump to the future, which would be a tough sell for any show, even with the great characters that are part of that story. For those who haven't read the books, the change in cast and frankly, worlds, could be jarring. I got into it in the first book, but it took me a bit to get into the whole new set of characters. If the series continues, I'm *really* curious to see how the show moves the story forward, especially since it sounds like Fox wanted a more linear approach, at least initially.

Fans of the books may hate it, but I'm liking the current cast enough that I wouldn't mind them dragging out the present story more.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

@CrazyDog my theory is that the show will

Spoiler

move into split storytelling. That will allow them to bring in Peter, Alicia, Sara, etc. without having to give up Amy and Brad. My guess is we’ll see more of Year of Zero and when it’s time to start aging Amy we’ll be invested in Peter and co. and the changes won’t be so jarring. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm still really curious as to what the TV show will do with the rest of the storyline, if it gets renewed. As much as I'm liking it, I think this is a tough series to adapt, especially to network TV. 

Major book spoiler, but does anyone think they 

Reveal hidden contents

Will do the same thing with Brad for the show that they did in the books? I've seen a few complaints that Brad and Amy are too much the focus and the stars right now, and they are right in that the relationship is powerful and important, but not for long in the books. Not to mention possibly doing a big cast reset if they simply jump to the future, which would be a tough sell for any show, even with the great characters that are part of that story. For those who haven't read the books, the change in cast and frankly, worlds, could be jarring. I got into it in the first book, but it took me a bit to get into the whole new set of characters. If the series continues, I'm *really* curious to see how the show moves the story forward, especially since it sounds like Fox wanted a more linear approach, at least initially.

Fans of the books may hate it, but I'm liking the current cast enough that I wouldn't mind them dragging out the present story more.

Yeah, I've been wondering what's going to happen too. 

Spoiler

It's going to be a shock when there is a complete reset and we lose Brad for a time.  Plus how are they going to write around a quickly maturing Saniyya?  The fact that she remains a young girl for so long is important.

• Love 2

This last episode was fantastic! Characters actually shared information - there is nothing I hate more than characters being uninformed just to create drama. Amy is still the enjoyable lynchpin. Lacey being alive got a big cheer from me.

I started thinking about how this project would have two sourcing issues -test subjects and support staff. They overcame the former by utilizing death row inmates but the latter? It seems to be a mix of special ops, academic scientists, and randos. How is that feasible? You’d need a particular skill set, a person okay with moral ambiguity, and an NDA at least.

Edited by Grammaeryn
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Grammaeryn said:

I started thinking about how this project would have two sourcing issues -test subjects and support staff. They overcame the former by utilizing death row inmates but the latter? It seems to be a mix of special ops, academic scientists, and randos. 

ALL government-funded scientific research labs come fully stocked with the above.  Just ask @the eskimo! (oh, wait, she can't tell us...)  LOL

• Love 8
On 2/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, jhlipton said:

ALL government-funded scientific research labs come fully stocked with the above.  Just ask @the eskimo! (oh, wait, she can't tell us...)  LOL

I've already said too much! 

But I totally agree that it seems a bit unrealistic that they would have seemingly random, lowly workers taking care of these top secret test subjects. Seems like a pretty high security clearance for clueless janitor and jerk janitor who got eaten.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Carter makes my heart hurt. His turning was awful to watch but well done. 

They’re doing the father daughter stuff with Brad and Amy wonderfully. A treehouse, helping Amy through her fear of heights, and showing her what’s on the other side of Project Noah. Nice scenes. 

They’re doing such a great job with Zero. He’s a scary bastard in every scene. 

Lacy and Lila are a fun duo. If the actors were cast in a buddy cop movie I’d buy a ticket. 

Paulson going Renfield shows how little control Lear, Sykes, and Co. really have. Shouldn’t have created a bunch of vampires guys. 

• Love 11

Slick with the tree house, Brad. Slick asking for the binoculars, Amy. She is learning scarily fast from her agent father. The scene on the roof was so badly edited. You could see the cuts. Bad work, show. 

Poor Anthony. He and Rachel were hot together. Too bad she had mental health issues and a horrible husband. Fanning seduced him to the dark side.

Richards is such an idiot. Suck him dry, Babcock!

I knew that the story would be killed and that the journalist would die. At least, Lacey and Lila were able to move quickly.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

This reach of this thing must be huge. Because none of the people in Colorado seemed to know about the reporter and Lila, yet the reporter was killed and the story stopped. 

I loved Brad convincing them to build a tree house for Amy so he could see the whole compound. Then Amy following his lead and getting binoculars. 

I figured Carter was innocent. It's too bad that Fanning got to him. Hopefully he can still fight it and be an ally. 

For scientists most except Lear don't seem that interested in studying the virals. Just assuming they have no brain activity because they sit still. They know nothing about what the virus does to people besides make them immune to disease. That's the only thing they looked at. 

• Love 7

Poor, poor Carter. I figured that he was set up for a crime he didnt commit or something, but seeing it all happen, knowing where this is all going, was just horribly heartbreaking. And his poor girlfriend. Yeah, she lied to him and had an affair, but her husband is implied to be abusive (and definitely killed her) and she had mental problems, and she did seem to love Carter. And was murdered, and the man she seemed to really love got sent to death row for it. It sucks that he finally turned, but I hope that he can fight further down the road and control his blood lust. He was dying and mentally drained and kind of out of his mind when he turned, so I find it hard to blame him. I mean, having a decent person with vampire powers could be helpful later on! I can see him fighting Fanning later on.

So multiple guards and everyone in there are now getting vampire dreams. Do you feel kind of stupid not exploring that now, scientist guy? I guess Richards should consider himself lucky that he got Babcock, and not a truck driving serial killer/rapist at least. 

The tree house was smooth, Brad! And Amy following his footsteps with asking for binoculars, like a little Agent Junior. I love their bond so much, they have such sweet and natural father/daughter bond, in the big moments, like when they were running from the sniper and he was holding her, or in the smaller moments, like when they were bantering about Amy being afraid of heights or playing basketball. 

Fanning is a seriously creepy vampire. The last sequence when he was goading Carter into turning and listing all of the ways society has screwed him over, how he was basically jailed because he was a black man from a poor background with a dead wealthy white woman in his arms who had a wealthy white husband to set him up so there you go,so why not watch the world burn was very chilling. 

Lacy and Lila are a fun pairing, even if it went badly. They really must be moving further and further from their Greater Good bullshit, starting out justifying only hurting death row inmates...then some child...then random cops who got in the way...then an innocent journalist...

• Love 10

Poor Carter. He so doesn't deserve any of this. I do think he'll be able to get control again and fight Fanning. He and Amy haven't interacted much face to face, but I'm sure she'll be the one who can reach him. 

I admit I totally didn't see Rachel being married, at all.  And at first, duh, I though she killed herself. If her husband did it, how on earth did Carter not hear anything? I am really loving this show, but there are a lot of glaring plot holes (like Brad getting on a bus full of kids (through the emergency door), and no one stopping him - I still have a hard time with that scene, lol).

So these are the best and brightest scientists around, huh? I still like Lear though - at least he gets what's going on, even if he's realllllly slow at doing anything about it. 

Fanning, Babcock, and Richards are such great villains and are so fun to watch. Richards is totally losing it. What will Sykes do now?

Lacey and Lila tried, but if we're leading up to the virals getting out, or taking over, Project Noah being exposed seems a little irrelevant. And BTW, didn't it take some of the original 12 weeks to deteriorate? How do these scientists think they are not only going to identify a flu cure if Amy were to stay happy and human, but also ,make a vaccine for the population before the virus spreads more? Aren't they already well under the 2 month time frame by now? It would be nice to get more urgency around the pandemic.

Still totally loving Amy and Agent Dad. I love their planning and cleverness.

Amy running like a superhero...whoa. Brad caught it.

I know Brad wants to protect Amy, but now is the time for them to start filling each other in - Brad with what he knows, and Amy's visit from Babcock. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 8

Yep, Saniyya is shooting up. I can only imagine how much older she will be if the show is renewed and we get a second season. I wonder how the show will deal with it.

Amy running like a bat out of hell was funny. Brad was like "whoa..." I also liked that she wasn't fooled by Babcock's deception. Fanning is obviously using Babcock to win Amy over and separate her from Brad so she will be vulnerable. 

I think that Rachel killed herself in the pool. Anthony thinks he is responsible and feels guilty because he didn't forgive her and tell her it would be okay, but he is wrong. Rachel clearly had mental health problems and a wealthy violent husband. It was never going to end well.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

S1.E4

Brad: [Amy]'s ten. She needs fresh air, to go outside, diversion.
Nichole: DOD has some security concerns, mostly about you.
Brad: They can afford an outdoor security detail. I'm not Harry Potter.

Brad: I'm not going to make fun of you.
Amy: You already are.

Brad: Don't look down. Look up. Look at me. Look into these beautiful hazel eyes.
Amy: Gross.

Jonas: I know your court appointed lawyer fell asleep during your trial.
Carter: Yeah, well, you get what you pay for.

Nichole: I have some great news. They've got the tater tots back in the cafeteria.

Rachel: Anthony, the bed's in the corner.
Carter: What's wrong with-
Rachel: Have you never lived with a woman?

Fanning: Love without power is misery.

• Love 9

Ha, I loved that Amy's addition to Brad's treehouse drawing was flames on the people, the tree, and the treehouse. Their relationship really makes the show for me. I enjoy it more than the government keeping vampires in the basement part of the show.

Poor Carter. Like Babcock, he has a fucked up reason for being in prison.

And poor Paulson. First he was tortured with David Winston's horrible crimes  and then he got shot in the head by Clark (who is being just as manipulated as Paulson was but he's too dumb to admit it).

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Poor Carter. Like Babcock, he has a fucked up reason for being in prison.

Carter is innocent. Babcock is guilty of her crimes even if there was justification. I hope that this along with his affection for Amy will give Carter the strength to fight Fanning when he comes for Amy.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8

Who knew that the Army has soldiers who are skilled carpenters, and have plenty of time to build treehouses? And are so clueless that it would never occur to them that the people they're keeping captive might want binoculars to check out their surroundings with an eye to escape? It's really amazing that this 'secret project' hasn't been discovered already.

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I think that Rachel killed herself in the pool. Anthony thinks he is responsible and feels guilty because he didn't forgive her and tell her it would be okay, but he is wrong. 

If she killed herself, an autopsy would show no signs of violence/force, which would be the only reason the cops would decide it was murder. Yes, I watch way too many crime procedurals : the rich husband would have a clear motive, no alibi, and would have left some evidence behind. Carter might have been non-rich and black, but he was also doing well enough to be flipping a house successfully (the girlfriend pointed out that he had installed high end appliances, etc). We're shown that he sort of gives up and doesn't put up a fight to defend himself out of guilt (as SimoneS said above). I get that the show wants him to be sympathetic, but this story is weak.

The journalist story was also pretty lame. From what we saw, she was interviewing people and there would have been others involved in editing the story, since no media channel would air any piece (much less a bombshell like this) without vetting, etc. So unless the government killed off the whole TV station and everyone the reporter contacted, someone would have seen this story.

• Love 3

Poor Carter. Poor Rachel. Poor guy who was shot in the head by Richards. 

This show keeps getting better and better. Like everyone else, Brad and Amy are fantastic together. I really love their scenes and banter. Fanning is a delightful villain. He's a jerk, but I can understand why people follow him. It's scary, considering what he's planning to do, but I want to see it happen too lol.

Babcock really is seducing Richards and instead of being smart, he just runs away from it while acting strong. I like that she was sent to Amy, probably thought a feminine touch would help bring Amy to their side, only for it to backfire. 

Hopefully Amy helps Carter. I want only good things for him.

• Love 5

Poor Carter. I don't know what episode me more. The idea that Carter would opt out and die or go evil. I hope Carter doesn't fully join the Fanning team and can help Amy.

I swear FOX does a disservice to this show by airing promos that are all action and from further into the season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I swear FOX does a disservice to this show by airing promos that are all action and from further into the season.

IKR? It’s working for them though. I keep tuning in hoping to see a certain scene (you probably know the one) as part of each week’s episode, since they keep showing it in the promos.

How many episodes are in this season, anyway?

• Love 1

Does anyone remember the Michael Crichton movie/book Andromeda Strain? In the movie, scientist attempt to find the cure for a apocalyptic alien virus. Their base is buried underground, with only one exit and the fail safe is a nuclear bomb that will automatically explode (killing the virus and everyone else) if containment is breached.

Project Noah probably should have adopted that setup.

I didn't appreciate Saniyya Sidney's growth spurt until a shot of her hugging Brad/MPG this episode. I wonder how many on set jokes she got asking if she was actually a viral. 

I don't care what happens, my headcannon is that Anthony submitted to eventually help Amy.

• Love 8

I love that Amy was smart enough to ask for the binoculars.  Who would think a little girl would have a motive other than to look at the pretty trees and mountains?  She and Brad make a perfect team.  (Yes, handwaving that her rapid growth spurt is a result of the serum, just like the super fast running.)

Poor Carter.  Poor guy who got shot.  Poor journalist who got killed.  I'm even getting some sympathy for Richards since he is soooo in over his head and doesn't know it.

Uh oh.  Did Lear just get contaminated?

• Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 7:33 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And poor Paulson. First he was tortured with David Winston's horrible crimes  and

Can you refresh my memory on this, please? I remember Paulson from when he brought in Shauna, is that him? I'm a bit confused with some of the lesser characters. 

• Love 1

That's always an issue when working with child actors, they have random growth spurts. Also pilots are usually filmed a year or so before the show gets picked up. 

Carter being completely innocent is what makes me hope that he can fight Fanning's control. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. Maybe Amy will be the one to get through to him. 

Babcock is another interesting case, since she snapped and murdered her mother once she found out her mother let the husband rape her when she was 8 to 16. Then she murdered the guard that was harassing her. She seems to like the power she has over people now. I don't know what she wants yet. Fanning seems to want to take over the world. 

• Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 4:33 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And poor Paulson. First he was tortured with David Winston's horrible crimes  and

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Can you refresh my memory on this, please? I remember Paulson from when he brought in Shauna, is that him? I'm a bit confused with some of the lesser characters. 

Paulson is the guy who was on the roof with the gun who was later shot in the head by Clark while Brad was trying to talk him down. David Winston is another one of the prisoners. He was getting in Paulson's head the same way that Babcock has been geting into Clark's head. Paulson realized what was going on and he wanted to get the hell out.

Clark: Paulson, what's the problem?
Paulson: Sir, you know David Winston?
Clark: Yeah. Met him briefly on the way in.
Paulson: He drove long-haul truck for 20 years. One day he found a girl and he raped her. He strapped her underneath his rig and finished his route from Seattle to Bozeman with her under there. Then he went on a five-year killing spree.
Clark: All right, listen to me. You don't need to learn their stories.
Paulson: Yeah, well, he didn't give me much of a choice, did he? It's a lot like you and Shauna Babcock. You know what he says to me? He tells me he loves me. 
Clark: Randy, this is what, our third tour now? I brought you along because I trust you. 
Paulson: These things can do whatever they want, and no one can stop them. I mean, you can, but Babcock won't let you, you know?
Clark: I want you to report to the medic right now. You need a full psych eval.
Paulson: Babcock is playing you.
Clark: Listen to me. You need to wake up. We are sworn to protect the lives in this facility until these lab rats give us the cure that we need.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I believe this is the first time we are seeing Paulson, or at least focusing on him. He may have been in the background in previous episodes. 

David Winston was the guy Paulson was staring at when Clark went to talk to him. There are 12 virals in cells. David is one of them. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Sakura12 said:

For scientists most except Lear don't seem that interested in studying the virals. Just assuming they have no brain activity because they sit still. 

The Asian scientist said that they definitely didn't have brain activity (that showed on his screens), so it's not just an assumption.  Lear is speculating that they communicate in some way that doesn't show up in "normal" brain activity.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, tennisgurl said:

her husband is implied to be abusive (and definitely killed her) and she had mental problems, and she did seem to love Carter. And was murdered

On 2/5/2019 at 3:51 AM, SimoneS said:

I think that Rachel killed herself in the pool. 

I thought she killed herself, as well.  She was obviously bipolar and we saw her take one pill (an anti-depressant?).  Hearing Carter's words drove her over the edge.  That's why Carter feels guilty -- he wouldn't if the ex killed her.  He thinks his words killed her.  But hey didn't -- acute depression will twist anything to the point of despair.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:04 AM, icemiser69 said:

Not as horrible as the writing on "Manifest", but then again, nothing has been as badly written as "Manifest".

You obviously didn't watch the last season of Once Upon A Time!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

Oh, you weren't utterly riveted by the derpy main characters who did literally nothing, the never ending ret-cons of long established lore, or the "happy ending" where we witnessed the enslavement of the multiverse by Mad Queen Regina?!?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh, you weren't utterly riveted by the derpy main characters who did literally nothing, the never ending ret-cons of long established lore, or the "happy ending" where we witnessed the enslavement of the multiverse by Mad Queen Regina?!?

The ONLY reason I watched is because I WAS riveted -- stuck to iron beams by red-hot steel bolts!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2019 at 10:04 AM, icemiser69 said:

Not as horrible as the writing on "Manifest", but then again, nothing has been as badly written as "Manifest".

14 hours ago, jhlipton said:

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ha, thanks for confirming that my decision to quit watching Once Upon a Time partway through S6 and Manifest after the holiday break were both correct!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, thanks for confirming that my decision to quit watching Once Upon a Time partway through S6 and Manifest after the holiday break were both correct!

You lasted longer than I did with both!  Interesting concepts, dreadful results.

• Love 1

I'm seeing out Manifest till the end of the season, 2 more episodes, and then I'm done.  

I did about 3-4 seasons of OUaT until I tapped out. I even watched the Alice in Wonderland spin-off for about 3 episodes. 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 1

I stopped watching Ouat around season 4 or whenever the Frozen storyline happened. Manifest was dropped after 4 episodes. 

This show may have plot issues like most sci fi/supernatural shows, but they have well written characters that I am rooting for and that makes all the difference to me. 

I agree, Manifest and the Passage are similar in that they're both SciFi, but I'm enjoying the Passage much more for both story and performances. Maybe because the Passage is a book, so they're going somewhere with the story. Manifest seems like they're making it up as they go along. 

• Love 3

As much as I'm really enjoying this show so far (and I do enjoy it a lot), the Virals' flashbacks remain the most baffling thing. The girl kills her mother and her piece of shit step-father in the heat of the moment, and she gets death sentence? The guy finds his girlfriend dead in the pool, but because she had a rich husband, the guys get the death sentence? How does anything of this even work? Also, they're getting way overboard with trying to make Babcock and Carter sympathetic while making them evil at the same time.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

As much as I'm really enjoying this show so far (and I do enjoy it a lot), the Virals' flashbacks remain the most baffling thing. The girl kills her mother and her piece of shit step-father in the heat of the moment, and she gets death sentence? 

Shauna's poor and was probably made out to be white trash who killed Her Own Mother who Sacrificed All to Raise Her!! The ungrateful brat. Add in an extremely ambitious DA and boom. See ya on the other side. I did wonder if her stepfather was drinking buddies with some cops who decided to get revenge.

As for Carter, black man kills rich white woman in the South. Death penalty was a given. 60 years ago he might've been lynched.

Edited by mertensia
  • Love 7

I kept wanting to drop OUAT and then they would do something to convince me to stick around a little longer. Usually it was enticing me back with a character from a Disney movie I liked (Mulan, Merida, anyone from The Little Mermaid or Aladdin). When they started working on the musical episode, I was like FINE, I will watch that but then I AM NEVER COMING BACK, YOU GUYS. I stuck to it and I have no regrets about missing what sounded like a clusterfuck on a final season. In my younger days, I would have given in and watched the last season but older me was like NOPE.

What was really frustrating about both OUAT and Manifest is that they started with interesting premises and they had potential, but they wasted my time with stupid plots. When Manifest started, I told myself that if a smoke monster showed up, I was done. I watched the first half of the season because I kept thinking that it would get better but it never did. If anything, it got worse and worse every week.

If I am going to keep watching a show, I need good writing, good acting, interesting storylines, consistently written characters, and relationships that I like (note: that does not mean romantic relationships - I'm good with strong friendships). I know we're only four episodes into The Passage, but the story is interesting, the acting is good, and I like how many strong but non-romantic relationships we have between the characters, which is why I'm still watching.

• Love 4

Still loving this show although I have to admit I still don't know everyone's names, between the military, the virals, the doctors and the "good guys" there are a LOT of characters.

One thing I can't get around - that news story; so they killed the reporter but she didn't create that expose in a vacuum - she had a camera man, editors, producers approving the story and the people working the show that night must have known they were going to air her special report.  Did some secret government officials also steal and delete all record of the story, all the recordings and notes and threaten everyone who had any involvement with a nasty sort of "what happened to her can happen to you"?   It just seems like between the staff at multiple prisons and the staff behind and in front of the camera's at the TV station a LOT of people are now keeping the secret of the missing death row inmates. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

I still don't  understand why they just didn't recruit some homeless guys. 

Rationalization? Like they could rationalize (to themselves) they weren't killing/experimenting on innocent people?  Ultimately, these Doctors/Military people view themselves good guys/heroes. So they're doing good for humanity and, these killers are being given an opportunity to serve humanity and make amends.

I could also see politicans in Washington going, hey we have to look at the optics, experimenting on homeless people looks bad, experimenting on Death Row Inmates that were going to die anyway, well they deserve it!

I know it's a secret project but, if they succeeded with a cure for everything they're going to have to go public with some of it, which will result in questions.

At least, that's been my fanwank.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
On 2/9/2019 at 7:09 AM, mertensia said:

As much as I'm really enjoying this show so far (and I do enjoy it a lot), the Virals' flashbacks remain the most baffling thing. The girl kills her mother and her piece of shit step-father in the heat of the moment, and she gets death sentence? 

This. I found the backstories of Babcock AND Carter to be severely lacking.  Yes, they both would have gotten serious jail time, probably even an unfair amount of time, but the death sentence? Naw. I just can't buy it. Plus, the fact that Shauna and her mother looked the same age in her flashbacks kept taking me out of the moment. I really wish they'd have used a younger actress.

As for Carter, I really felt like they cheaped out on his backstory. It's like they were afraid to give him an actual reason to be on death row other than making him the poor widdle victim. Puh-lease. There are plenty of black men behind bars and on death row because that's exactly where they belong. He would be much more compelling to me if he really had done a terrible thing, but was now remorseful because of what he actually did. Instead, they made him seem dimwitted and infantile. I mean really!  Between his dumb backstory and him passing cutesy crayon notes back and forth to Amy, I feel like they went the Green Mile route with him. I don't like it.

Speaking of things I don't like, these have to be the most incurious and incautious group of doctors and scientists ever! Yeah, they're totally going to unleash vampires onto the world. Lordt! The incompetence. Of course, if they were good at their jobs there wouldn't be a show, so whatever, I guess.

Still love the show, especially Amy and The Agent. She's such a smart little cookie. I love how she keeps finessing the adults around her. Also, when she and Brad were running and she blew past him? Yeah, she's feeling the effects of that vampire blood. She's mentally and now physically superior to those around her. I'm interested to see where they go with this.

All I need right now is for Brad and Amy to escape that compound and hook back up with Lacey. I need more Lacey. Just imagine Amy after Lacey takes her under her wing. Talk about formidable. Amy would be unstoppable.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 2
On 2/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Still loving this show although I have to admit I still don't know everyone's names, between the military, the virals, the doctors and the "good guys" there are a LOT of characters.

One thing I can't get around - that news story; so they killed the reporter but she didn't create that expose in a vacuum - she had a camera man, editors, producers approving the story and the people working the show that night must have known they were going to air her special report.  Did some secret government officials also steal and delete all record of the story, all the recordings and notes and threaten everyone who had any involvement with a nasty sort of "what happened to her can happen to you"?   It just seems like between the staff at multiple prisons and the staff behind and in front of the camera's at the TV station a LOT of people are now keeping the secret of the missing death row inmates. 

Yes, but you must make sure the person who decides what stories to run on air is convinced.

Edited by AnimeMania
expand on answer