Type keyword(s) to search

Code Blue: New Amsterdam Anticipation

• Start Topic

I can't say that I'm excited for this one, to be honest. Another medical drama, probably littered with emotionally manipulative moments and an ok cast who probably won't be able to do much about the convoluted writing. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Same. Medical Dramas are just too much lately and it is beyond smaltzy to be "we are going to put care first" - life doesn't work that way. Try living in reality and I might be up for it.

ETA: Annoyed at the title.. don't they know there was a TV show with Jamie Lannister just a few years ago called New Amsterdam?

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 6
On 5/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, BooBear said:

Same. Medical Dramas are just too much lately and it is beyond smaltzy to be "we are going to put care first" - life doesn't work that way. Try living in reality and I might be up for it.

ETA: Annoyed at the title.. don't they know there was a TV show with Jamie Lannister just a few years ago called New Amsterdam?

That was my immediate thought. I watched the OG New Amsterdam. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, BooBear said:

Annoyed at the title.. don't they know there was a TV show with Jamie Lannister just a few years ago called New Amsterdam?

Wait. This show has nothing to do with an immortal detective, who looks a lot like Jaime Lannister?

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

Wait. This show has nothing to do with an immortal detective, who looks a lot like Jaime Lannister?

Apparently not. What is next ...a show called "Cheers" that is about a funeral home?

I didn’t think I’d watch this but I’m a whore for medical dramas so here I am.

I watched the trailer and was only mildly grabbed. I did some research on Bellevue after and the history of the hospital itself was extremely interesting. So much so that I’m thinking this show would have been much more interesting if it was set in the past. IDK if a good guy doctor with cancer will be enough to keep me but I’ll definitely give it a chance.

• Love 1
On 5/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, doLLish said:

.So much so that I’m thinking this show would have been much more interesting if it was set in the past.

That would have been The Knick (2014-15)  "A look at the professional and personal lives of the staff at New York's Knickerbocker Hospital during the early part of the twentieth century.

The trailer seems like it was put  together from the worst cliches of medical shows. I want to give  it the benefit of the doubt but I'd really rather  they had brought back the old show New Amsterdam.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, BooBear said:

Precedent Health Center tried this in Denver in 1998. They were bankrupt and closed in less than 2 years.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, festivus said:

I'm gonna give this one a try because I'll watch anything with Freema Agyeman in it and for some weird reason I've always loved doctor shows. 

I had to look her up because I didn't know her from anything. Such a beautiful lady and I love an accent. That said, medical drams really aren't my thing and, having just finished watching the pilot, I don't think this show will be the exception. But right now, I have no 10 pm show on Tues, so I guess I can watch the show while I browse the forums, at least until a better show comes on. I like "Tom" as an actor, but I liked him much better as a badass on The Blacklist. Of course, since that show has gone downhill so far, I don't blame him for running away from it. Besides, they kind of made him a wimp toward the end, at home caring for the baby, when he should have been out breaking jaws ! But I digress.