Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Diagnostics: New Amsterdam in the Media & Ratings

I love Ryan Eggold, I still lament the loss of The Blacklist: Redemption (which was way better than it had any right to be), and I love this entire cast full of familiar and likeable faces, so I will definitely be watching this.

• Like 1

I like Eggold too but this looks drippy. When he says you're all fired - I mean it,"  he really doesn't sound like he means it. He has such a widdle lickle voice. I can't see a commander. PLUS NBC are doing this to rival The Good Doctor and it won't compete. It will be E.R.Lite.

I was just coming to post about the full-season order.  Haven't had a chance to watch Episode 3 yet, but I have to think that the cast is a huge part of the show's success.  Unless there's a huge shift between Episodes 2 and 3, the premise is still waaaaaaaaay too unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I was just coming to post about the full-season order.  Haven't had a chance to watch Episode 3 yet, but I have to think that the cast is a huge part of the show's success.  Unless there's a huge shift between Episodes 2 and 3, the premise is still waaaaaaaaay too unbelievable.

People seem to really like the show, and not just for the cast. I personally can't stand the show and still keep trying to watch each new episode and still being unable to finish any of the three, but it does seem to be the most popular freshman show this season so far. So, I am fully expecting it to get renewed for a second season now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

People seem to really like the show, and not just for the cast. I personally can't stand the show and still keep trying to watch each new episode and still being unable to finish any of the three, but it does seem to be the most popular freshman show this season so far. So, I am fully expecting it to get renewed for a second season now.

If the number of people commenting is any indication of the show's popularity, then the network is going to regret giving it a full season order.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, eel2178 said:

If the number of people commenting is any indication of the show's popularity, then the network is going to regret giving it a full season order.

I think the fact that it wins its timeslot is a better indicator of the show's popularity.  NBC is obviously happy with their return on investment.

• Like 3

I have no idea why they renewed it for 3 more seasons. Maybe they needed to lock down some of the actors? Or maybe they wanted to lock in salaries/production costs?

They probably want to have a content pipeline for when Peacock launches.  This is a show that they own.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, bros402 said:

I have no idea why they renewed it for 3 more seasons. Maybe they needed to lock down some of the actors? Or maybe they wanted to lock in salaries/production costs?

I agree.  Just read where this was renewed but I'm sorry, I wasn't "feeling" the 1st half of this season and yeah, can't wait for this prison escape scenario to play out.   Another show I had high hopes and promise for but it's disappointing me this season.

Now, if they would hire a medical consultant, and some capable writers who would pay attention to the medical consultant ...

New Amsterdam Pulls Flu Pandemic Episode, Further Shortening Season: 'The World Needs Less Fiction Right Now, And More Facts'

https://tvline.com/2020/03/25/new-amsterdam-season-2-shortened-episode-pulled-coronavirus/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=BreakingNews&utm_content=198060_03-25-2020_headline&utm_term=335954

Probably a good idea to pull the episode but I completely disagree that we need less fiction. We're on fact overload and in desperate need of some escape.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

New Amsterdam Pulls Flu Pandemic Episode, Further Shortening Season: 'The World Needs Less Fiction Right Now, And More Facts'

https://tvline.com/2020/03/25/new-amsterdam-season-2-shortened-episode-pulled-coronavirus/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=BreakingNews&utm_content=198060_03-25-2020_headline&utm_term=335954

Probably a good idea to pull the episode but I completely disagree that we need less fiction. We're on fact overload and in desperate need of some escape.

We need good escapist fiction - not close to the real world fiction