Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Diagnostics: New Amsterdam in the Media & Ratings

Recommended Posts


I love Ryan Eggold, I still lament the loss of The Blacklist: Redemption (which was way better than it had any right to be), and I love this entire cast full of familiar and likeable faces, so I will definitely be watching this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like Eggold too but this looks drippy. When he says you're all fired - I mean it,"  he really doesn't sound like he means it. He has such a widdle lickle voice. I can't see a commander. PLUS NBC are doing this to rival The Good Doctor and it won't compete. It will be E.R.Lite.

Share this post


Link to post

I was just coming to post about the full-season order.  Haven't had a chance to watch Episode 3 yet, but I have to think that the cast is a huge part of the show's success.  Unless there's a huge shift between Episodes 2 and 3, the premise is still waaaaaaaaay too unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I was just coming to post about the full-season order.  Haven't had a chance to watch Episode 3 yet, but I have to think that the cast is a huge part of the show's success.  Unless there's a huge shift between Episodes 2 and 3, the premise is still waaaaaaaaay too unbelievable.

People seem to really like the show, and not just for the cast. I personally can't stand the show and still keep trying to watch each new episode and still being unable to finish any of the three, but it does seem to be the most popular freshman show this season so far. So, I am fully expecting it to get renewed for a second season now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

People seem to really like the show, and not just for the cast. I personally can't stand the show and still keep trying to watch each new episode and still being unable to finish any of the three, but it does seem to be the most popular freshman show this season so far. So, I am fully expecting it to get renewed for a second season now.

If the number of people commenting is any indication of the show's popularity, then the network is going to regret giving it a full season order.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, eel2178 said:

If the number of people commenting is any indication of the show's popularity, then the network is going to regret giving it a full season order.

I think the fact that it wins its timeslot is a better indicator of the show's popularity.  NBC is obviously happy with their return on investment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post


I have no idea why they renewed it for 3 more seasons. Maybe they needed to lock down some of the actors? Or maybe they wanted to lock in salaries/production costs?

Share this post


Link to post

They probably want to have a content pipeline for when Peacock launches.  This is a show that they own.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, bros402 said:

I have no idea why they renewed it for 3 more seasons. Maybe they needed to lock down some of the actors? Or maybe they wanted to lock in salaries/production costs?

I agree.  Just read where this was renewed but I'm sorry, I wasn't "feeling" the 1st half of this season and yeah, can't wait for this prison escape scenario to play out.   Another show I had high hopes and promise for but it's disappointing me this season.

Share this post


Link to post

Now, if they would hire a medical consultant, and some capable writers who would pay attention to the medical consultant ...

Share this post


Link to post

New Amsterdam Pulls Flu Pandemic Episode, Further Shortening Season: 'The World Needs Less Fiction Right Now, And More Facts'

https://tvline.com/2020/03/25/new-amsterdam-season-2-shortened-episode-pulled-coronavirus/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=BreakingNews&utm_content=198060_03-25-2020_headline&utm_term=335954

Probably a good idea to pull the episode but I completely disagree that we need less fiction. We're on fact overload and in desperate need of some escape.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

New Amsterdam Pulls Flu Pandemic Episode, Further Shortening Season: 'The World Needs Less Fiction Right Now, And More Facts'

https://tvline.com/2020/03/25/new-amsterdam-season-2-shortened-episode-pulled-coronavirus/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=BreakingNews&utm_content=198060_03-25-2020_headline&utm_term=335954

Probably a good idea to pull the episode but I completely disagree that we need less fiction. We're on fact overload and in desperate need of some escape.

We need good escapist fiction - not close to the real world fiction

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size