Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E24: All of Me

• Start Topic

I watched it again this morning (sober) and there was just so many little moments that I enjoyed:

- The faces on everyone as it slowly dawned on them that they were at the wrong wedding and then trying to subtly leave the church.  Catherine's face was hilarious.

- April Kepner in wedding planner mode.  From the furious texts in all caps to Jackson, to her and the other lady biting Alex's head off in unison "THEY'RE ON THEIR WAY!!," to her telling an exuberant Jo to go see the hair and makeup woman so that she could "fix all of this."  Her reaction to DeLuca when he asked where he should sit.  Sarah Drew does frantic Type A so well and then was so badass ordering people around to save the wedding planner. I will really miss her.

-Amelia and her suspicions about all of Meredith's secret feelings and Meredith's reactions to that. "I will always be here for you."  "Oh whatever."  Scorsone and Pompeo really play well off of one another.

- The way that they were able to make a sex scene that showed absolutely nothing somehow hot anyway.  Between Alex kicking the door in to the dirty dialogue "I can't see a thing" "that's too bad because this is some of my best work" and then "April will kill me if I get anything on my dress" "Don't worry, I was really careful (!!!)."  DANG! 

- Pretty much everything Jo.  From her bouncing into Mer's house with her hair and smacking Alex with her acceptance letter and then kissing him and Arizona, to her obnoxious laugh and fascination with the skeleton "His name is Elden" to her mimicking Alex with a funny voice, to spitting her sex hair out of her face, to her general sunny acceptance of how the day was going "I've had worse days."  All of her facial expressions were hilarious.  This is really how I remember her being introduced and I'm so glad that she is finally being written like that again.  And she never once mentioned living in her car!!

- Everyone generally shutting Meredith's self-centered abandonment issues down.  Alex did, Amelia did and then Richard.  I understand why she was upset about the possibility of Alex leaving but seriously.  I found her so unlikable in seasons 11-12 because of this so I'm glad that no one was there for her bullshit, even her eventually.  I was meh about her doing the ceremony because, once again, it became all about her and Derek (who I never liked) but I did like the "by the power vested in me by the internet."  I also liked how she was flattered by DeLuca's kiss...I am kind of here for all of that.  I wish we had gotten some kind of Cristina shoutout because I always loved the Yang/Karev dynamic and would have loved her giving him shit about his wedding.

-Everyone looked beautiful.  The venue was gorgeous and the lighting on the ferry was perfect.  And everyone was likable and funny - all of these actors are great at comedy I wish they all got the chance to use it more.  This is probably one of the only episodes in the last 5 years where I didn't feel the need to fast forward and where I liked everyone.  Some of the plot and dialogue were very eye-rolly, but I truly enjoyed every single character and that never happens.   

- I think that the loss of Arizona and April will be greatly felt and I think it was a mistake to let them go.  I was never a Calzona fan but I liked that Arizona will leave but with the vague possibility of something with Callie so that people that want them together can imagine that and people that don't can live with it too.  I really, really wish that this was the way that they had gone with April and Matthew, but I'm relieved that April didn't die and that she didn't move back to her farm or take Harriet away from Jackson.  Catherine mentioned that she would come over for dinner, so I like the thought of her still being in that family and still being a part of Seattle, even if all of it is offscreen. 

- This season was kind of uneven for me, but it was a VAST improvement over the last three.  I like the way that Krista sees most of these characters and I am interested to see where she takes them next season.

• Love 16

I'll be the first one to admit to drifting away from Grey's this season because I was very unhappy with the quality, but I had to watch Alex's wedding.  There were a few things here and there which could've been tweaked, but overall, this was a damned near perfect episode, and I absolutely loved it.

And props to those of you who predicted Teddy's pregnancy.

• Love 7

I really liked that the season ended on a happy note instead of death and destruction as it too often does.  Both April and Arizona left on good if hurried notes.  I especially liked that they found a way to write April off but still keep her in Seattle so there's no Harriet custody drama, and also in an ego-syntonic way (April, with her strong religious beliefs, helps the homeless). Arizona was more of a problem because Sofia's issues seemed more than can be handled just by having her mothers in the same city and presumably in a relationship again but at least AZ will be happy and has her organization providing OB crash carts.

Alex and Jo's wedding was perfect for them, better than a post-it note. It's nice to see them both happy after all they've been through.  There was also something nice about Meredith performing the ceremony, in a sense giving up possessing Alex and sharing him with Jo.  Jo really needs to take that fellowship but they'll find a way to keep her at GS somehow.

14 hours ago, Amethyst said:

So the idiot wedding coordinator didn't have an Epi-pen, but not a single guest did, either?  Or the doctors?  And wouldn't the ambulance have been faster than them trying to MacGuyver a tracheotomy? 

She was an idiot for not having an Epi-pen when she knows there is shellfish in the canapes. Given that it was an outdoor wedding, it's strange none of the guests had an epi-pen.

Someone said that the ambulance was 10 minutes out and Jackson said she'll be dead by then.

The two things I hated in the episode:

14 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I have a dear friend who had her fifth child at 47 and recently told me she was still ovulating....at 54!  And she is totally open to having another baby!  She’s an amazing mother, but I’m still a tad nervous that she’s going to follow thru with another baby.  

ETA: I would have a Daniel Craig’s baby whenever/wherever!  You go Rachel Weisz!

I wonder if she had fertility treatments to get there.

I was ovulating till I was 55 when chemotherapy put an end to it but Teddy has to be all kinds of stupid to have unprotected sex with Owen if she knows she's still ovulating. She's a Grey's Anatomy doctor, but a doctor none the less.

I've never liked Teddy because from the first time she came on, she was all about getting what she wants even if it means messing up Owen's relationships.  She couldn't throw Owen out the door fast enough in Germany when she heard that it was Amelia who sent him to her.  I was so glad that chord was severed and now here she is back again, being sneaky and wanting a position at his hospital without tell him she's back much less that she's carrying his baby. What if he doesn't want her working there?  Too bad, Teddy's never cared about what other people want.

Also, I really don't want to see Owen go through a season of anguish trying to work through his current life with Amelia vs his bio-baby with Teddy.  I"m pretty much fed up with Owen-anguish for a lifetime.

13 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

The only thing I didn't love was Meredith reverting back to her selfish and semi-possesive hold on Alex, but I think she is realizing that people are moving on and she is finally ready to do the same. 

It was very selfish but at least she apologized to both Alex and Jo for it. On the other hand, when Amelia told her that even if she moves out she'll always be there for her, Mer just walked away.  It's typical f Meredith but I've always hated the way she treats Amelia as if she's just an annoyance, no matter how hard Amelia tried or how much she took care of Meredith's kids for her.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

Yeah, that's all true. I was just thinking in terms of how long since they'd first met rather than how well they know each other now. But if the 2 of them were sneaking off a lot (instead of going to other hospitals to work together, or wherever everyone thought she was going the day of the accident), maybe that gave them plenty of time to get to know each other all over again? I wish they would give us more clues as to the time jumps between episodes. We know it's been roughly a month since April and Matthew's car accident. And Ruby seemed to be anywhere from 3-6 months old when Matthew brought her in for that appointment, but how long was it been between Ruby's appointment and the accident? Or even since the cookie incident when April tried to tell someone about Matthew. I guess it's supposed to be that it'll work out for them since April/Sarah Drew is leaving the show, otherwise you could say that their surroundings and what happened is what made Matthew propose. And besides no license, did they even have rings? What the heck GA. What. the. heck.

The time elapsed can't be that great because April and Matthew reconnected AFTER the episode where Teddy and Owen hooked up and Teddy isn't showing at all.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think all of the characters exist in their own timelines at this point.

19 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

"April will kill me if I get anything on my dress" "Don't worry, I was really careful (!!!)."

Ha! I didn't even get that! I was thinking about being careful to keep her dress from touching any dirt. Now I see we meant the other thing.

And by the way, HOW did she manage to not get any dirt on her white dress after rutting in an abandoned shed in the dark?

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So are April and Matthew legally married?

In Grey's world, where Alex and Izzie were also legally married.  In the real world, not so much if there's no officially signed and issued marriage certificate.

13 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

I bought some expensive wine to sip for both the Jolex and the Royal wedding but I ended up guzzling it all tonight. 

That reminds me - I should get some oj for Royal wedding mimosas.

15 hours ago, Amethyst said:

And wouldn't the ambulance have been faster than them trying to MacGuyver a tracheotomy?  

The ambulance was on its way, but she'd have died before it got there, according to the dialogue.

• Love 2

I did laugh at the scene where Jackson made Matthew feel better by telling him he’d lost a quarter of a billion dollars.

I hated the scene where April told Jackson she wanted him at the wedding because he’s her..... Her what? Person? Love of her life? It reinforced to me that April is settling for Matthew because things didn’t work out with Jackson- whether they’ll say it or not.

And Matthew’s family- he loses his wife and then months later reunited with and married the woman who left him at the altar? I’d be telling him to slow down!

4 hours ago, shantown said:

I would bet money on a time jump, and everyone is back at SGMWGSH at the start of the season

I thought of that, but then we wouldn't see the complication of Teddy's pregnancy.

1 hour ago, abc123 said:

Jackson's religion conundrum.  I think it would be fascinating if they had him go further with his religious exploration to fulfill his promise to God during the crisis, and then realize that there are elements of religion that he really appreciates and can begin to understand.  They don't need to make him become a full holy-roller, but I think it would be nice if he became a believer as a result. 

I actually hate that they're taking a character who was an avowed atheist and making him go on some spiritual journey.  Some of us have serious things happen to us and our loved ones, and yet we still remain unconvinced of the existence of a higher power.

• Love 10

I enjoyed the finale. Sure it was soapy and cliche at times but Grey's is a soap opera (regardless of what Shonda thinks). It wasn't going to please everybody, especially some shippers, but then again, nothing would. I appreciated the finale being optimistic instead of some tragic event. I liked the overall lighthearted theme of the ep and even the voice-over about how no one should stay in bad relationships / marriages. Everyone seemed to be glowing and looked good in all those outdoor shots. 

I cracked up when some of the characters ended up at the wrong wedding. 

I like Teddy and am glad to see her back. I figured she would end up pregnant but I wasn't totally sure. When she admitted it, I smiled a bit. I like post-tumor Amelia but I am over the Amelia and Owen back & forth relationship dance. It's what wore me out with Japril too, the constant breaking up and making up, only made worse once they got marriage and that cycle continued. Some folks may be mad that KR is coming in with SD and JC are leaving but I'd bet that KR's salary is a lot lighter on the overall budget that SD and JC's salaries (and IMO budget concerns are why they were fired regardless of the other stuff being put out there by the show / media). And OU, I like Teddy / Owen but I still think he needs to do a ton of groveling about how he's taken her for granted. I'm not a fan of triangles but I think the likely upcoming one with Teddy / Owen / Amelia makes sense since he has love and history with both women & they with him. 

While there are definitely pacing issues with Matthew & April reuniting between it being offscreen and adding time jumps, I am fine with them getting back together and getting blessed with their not quite marriage ceremony. It's been a few years since they were together & I can see them bonding easily again over faith and loss then returning feelings growing to love. They both grew when apart but I don't think their fundamental personalities and persons changed much. I think the biggest issue between them would be Matthew forgiving April for running off with Jackson. If he can do that, then the rest is easy in comparison. It's not like Matthew got in the way of Jackson & April reuniting. They'd both since moved on since their last break-up. Yes, they love each other but at some point, they both realized it wasn't enough. It happens. 

I was never a Callie & Arizona fan, mostly as I was never really an Arizona fan, but I had no issue with her exit story. I figured Grey's would dangle a possible Calzona reunion with her exit.  Arizona grew on me a bit this season, which surprised me. 

I will pass on Meredith and DeLuca. The show needs to bring on some other established, charismatic [older?] actor to play Meredith's love interest next season. Maybe bring back Scott Speedman, though I think that depends on his status on Animal Kingdom. I am still hoping DeLuca will get his shit together and reunite with Maggie. I don't hate Jaggie - I remain neutral on the pairing - as some others and I actually adore Maggie as her own character. I just really liked her vibe with DeLuca and never understood why the show broke them up.

I am looking forward to S15.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

And by the way, HOW did she manage to not get any dirt on her white dress after rutting in an abandoned shed in the dark?

Wasn't Jo carrying a blanket when they went into the shed?  I assumed they had sex on that.

“wonder if she had fertility treatments to get there.”

Actually no.  She has five boys ranging in age from 21 to eight.  We were at an amusement park recently and she got her period when were there.  I didn’t do a great job of hiding my shock.  She told me she’d love to have another one, but is concerned for the baby’s safety.  She and her husband are devout Catholics.  No way are they using birth control.

shes an awesome mother, but yeah 54 is pushing it.

3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Wasn't Jo carrying a blanket when they went into the shed?  I assumed they had sex on that.

But still. Unless that blanket managed to cover the whole floor, the walls and every object in there (including Elden the Skeleton), odds are you would get a little something on you -- especially when the room is nearly pitch black and you can't even see what you're touching or brushing up against. I actually cringed watching her scampering through the wooded area in that dress.

• Love 2

Bailey didn't say that she was leaving. She said she wanted to do surgery and have time for other things, so she's giving up on the paperwork and 'stressful' side of her job but my take was that she'll remain doing surgeries and working at the hospital. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, beaunicorn said:

Who was the little girl running around with Zola and Sophia? It drove me nuts that I didn't know which doctor/nurse were her parents. lol 

I don't remember a third girl, and I'm guessing that we would have seen this in the scene where Mere and Zozo have their "moment," but is it possible it was Ellis? Was the third girl a flower girl or just another kid? If "just another kid" it might have been producer's niece LOL. Can't remember how old Ellis would be but if old enough wouldn't she also be at the wedding even if not a flower girl?

Also ... again, sorry to not remember exact details, but were Matthew and April volunteering at just random homeless shelters as needed or did they work out of a single spot and travel from there? Because I thought (and may be misremembering) that somewhere in this episode in passing April implied that wherever they were working tied into one of the possibilities discussed on this board in speculation, that she and Matthew would work together at a/the clinic or shelter that is far enough away for her to no longer be part of the regular Grey's cast but close enough to not affect Jackson's presence both on the show and as active part of Harriet's life.

Finally, I had NEVER warmed to Jo ... until this episode. She finally won me over. 

Hoping that the sabbatical does not mean the absence of Bailey next season. She and the Chief remain my favorite characters. 

And one last query ... how old was Leo when Owen adopted him? Was it just me or does he look a lot older than, say, last week's episode? I know there was about a one-month or so time jump based on Betty's 30-day sobriety chip but it seemed like it might have been longer than that. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Teddy has to be all kinds of stupid to have unprotected sex with Owen if she knows she's still ovulating.

OR ... all kinds of smart. If indeed she a) wanted a baby and b) wanted Owen back.

• Love 1

Is Maggie not really a part of Harriet's life by choice or is Jackson holding her back? When she was talking to Jackson and encouraging him to go talk to Matthew because "Harriet needs all of you to be adults about this" and to go channel his inner Jesus or whatever, it was interesting that she didn't insert herself or say "all of us." April/Matthew/Jackson have a specific history that Maggie isn't a part of but if they want us to see Jackson/Maggie as this important romance shouldn't Maggie be as important in Harriet's life as Matthew? Before Matthew proposed, I mean.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did I miss something in the dialogue? Did Teddy say she had unprotected sex with Owen? 

I just figured the condom(s) broke or she was on the pill and it failed. 

44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is Maggie not really a part of Harriet's life by choice or is Jackson holding her back? When she was talking to Jackson and encouraging him to go talk to Matthew because "Harriet needs all of you to be adults about this" and to go channel his inner Jesus or whatever, it was interesting that she didn't insert herself or say "all of us." April/Matthew/Jackson have a specific history that Maggie isn't a part of but if they want us to see Jackson/Maggie as this important romance shouldn't Maggie be as important in Harriet's life as Matthew? Before Matthew proposed, I mean.

I don't actually see this being as much of an issue. Was that a big deal in the past with Grey's characters recently dating - not those engaged or who've been together for seasons as that makes sense - in them showing those with kids having that child bond onscreen with significant others? I can't recall. Anywho, they may not be sharing onscreen scenes but the show did state that Maggie spends a lot of time at Jackson's. I would assume when she's there and he has Harriet, that they're bonding. Not all child / significant other bonding scenes are required onscreen and I feel like showing scenes with Maggie & Harriet would be something else some viewers would nitpick thus making it one more thing SD would have tweeted about in addition to her note for some April/Japril fans to to lay off Kelly McCreary. Maybe Maggie and Harriet bonding will come up down the road onscreen but I don't see it being an issue now, especially as Harriet is a toddler. 

Also, I don't think Grey's is showing Jaggie as an important or unimportant romance. They're simply dating and they had an awkward initial courtship or sorts due to Catherine & Richard being married. Beyond that, I don't think the show has really gone either way in spotlighting their romance as more meaningful or meaningless in comparison to other recent pairings. IMO, the only romance the show has ever seen as important is Meredith & Derek and that's because it's Meredith's show. Other couples have followings but to me, that's the one the show actually cared about and focused on as THE romance. (and I didn't even care for MerDer. I think I just tend to not be a shipper with Grey's characters with exception to the random occasional pairing and even then I'm not a devoted shipper)

Edited by Chick2Chic
clarity on something
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

Arizona went dashing off on her high heels at one point. Unfortunately I missed the recent episode where she actually mentioned the amputation. Is there anywhere I could see it?

Youtube. Just search Arizona & the season # and Episode #. I think it was #22. Actually, search for The JCappers, too... they're a group of AZ/JCap fans who post just her scenes on Youtube.  

If you have trouble finding it, DM me & I'll get it. I have it saved somewhere. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Leo's tuxedo bib was the cutest!

I was distracted that entire scene by the cuteness of his bib!

7 hours ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

I loved Jo & Alex getting locked in the shed (very sitcom cliche, but I don't care, it was fun!) and finding the skeleton. 

Jo & Alex could get a spin-off into a sitcom and I'd watch it. 

7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I love the Mer/Alex friendship SO much.  Please don't take that away from me, show.

He's her new person. I kind of think she's his person too. 

6 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

Arizona went dashing off on her high heels at one point. Unfortunately I missed the recent episode where she actually mentioned the amputation. Is there anywhere I could see it?

If you don't have OnDemand from your tv provider, abc.com should have it up within a week, if not already.

6 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Half of me thinks that the original plan was to kill April off until the fan reaction deterred them. 

Agreed. In the preview/commercial for last week's episode, the way Jackson was screaming no and Meredith burst into tears in front of Alex, those were "OMG she's dead reactions". I wasn't expecting her to make it out and figured that was their exit plan for the character. 

4 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I questioned anybody handing the microphone to him or why the planner felt there was a need to pass it around at all. 

I think some wedding planners just don't like having nothing going on while waiting for the next part to start. But there were appetizers and drinks and everyone was mingling so I don't get what the big deal was. It's not like everyone was already seated and had nothing to do. Why she picked DeLuca to get the mic though? Maybe he was just closest? Since all the guests were staff at the hospital, they all knew his story and all knew the reason for his behavior at least. 

4 hours ago, abc123 said:

- How Callie is suddenly single again.  Again...too convenient.

Callie and Blake broke up somewhere around the end of season 12, season 14 just ended. There's been no mention of her seeing anyone else (serious or casual), so she's been knowingly single for about 2 years. 

4 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Yes, Bokhee was there! She handed the knife to Jackson during the procedure at the wedding. I thought that was hilarious. 

Is she the nurse who is a real nurse? I love looking for her in the surgery scenes.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But I’m all for Alex walking into a board meeting next season and yelling, “I’ve got seventeen million shares now and I’m outvoting all of you! Booyah, bitches!”

Bwahahahahaha.

Edited by beaunicorn
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, beaunicorn said:

I think some wedding planners just don't like having nothing going on while waiting for the next part to start. But there were appetizers and drinks and everyone was mingling so I don't get what the big deal was. It's not like everyone was already seated and had nothing to do.

that was exactly my take. It wasn't a bunch of people sitting in chairs and bored.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, beaunicorn said:

Callie and Blake broke up somewhere around the end of season 12, season 14 just ended. There's been no mention of her seeing anyone else (serious or casual), so she's been knowingly single for about 2 years. 

Callie only went to New York so she could be with Penny, there was no other reason for her to go. We never saw them get back together on-screen as Sara Ramirez left the show, but all this time it was presumed they're still a couple, or at the very least were a couple for some time. But then again, absolutely nothing about her move to New York ever made any sense, so who the hell knows anymore.

• Love 3

@abc123 - don't forget; Callie & Arizona slept together the night before Callie walked out on her in the counsellor's office. Arizona thought Callie had forgiven her for the cheating (and to be fair, I think she had). Arizona was completely blindsided with Callie ended things in that office. So I think that's what they were hinting at, without going there directly.  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

- The faces on everyone as it slowly dawned on them that they were at the wrong wedding and then trying to subtly leave the church.  Catherine's face was hilarious.

Catherine: Oh I um... ::runs::

1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I don't remember a third girl, and I'm guessing that we would have seen this in the scene where Mere and Zozo have their "moment," but is it possible it was Ellis? Was the third girl a flower girl or just another kid? If "just another kid" it might have been producer's niece LOL. Can't remember how old Ellis would be but if old enough wouldn't she also be at the wedding even if not a flower girl?

Also ... again, sorry to not remember exact details, but were Matthew and April volunteering at just random homeless shelters as needed or did they work out of a single spot and travel from there? Because I thought (and may be misremembering) that somewhere in this episode in passing April implied that wherever they were working tied into one of the possibilities discussed on this board in speculation, that she and Matthew would work together at a/the clinic or shelter that is far enough away for her to no longer be part of the regular Grey's cast but close enough to not affect Jackson's presence both on the show and as active part of Harriet's life.

And one last query ... how old was Leo when Owen adopted him? Was it just me or does he look a lot older than, say, last week's episode? I know there was about a one-month or so time jump based on Betty's 30-day sobriety chip but it seemed like it might have been longer than that. 

She was just seen in the background running around with Zola and Sophia. She wasn't a flower girl and she was African-American.

I don't think they ever said, but I think they rotate between different shelters in and around Seattle. 

Leo looked older to me too, but babies that age change so quickly though that a month's time could explain it.

Edited by beaunicorn
5 minutes ago, cycworker said:

@abc123 - don't forget; Callie & Arizona slept together the night before Callie walked out on her in the counsellor's office. Arizona thought Callie had forgiven her for the cheating (and to be fair, I think she had). Arizona was completely blindsided with Callie ended things in that office. So I think that's what they were hinting at, without going there directly.

Hmmm...thanks.  I didn't remember that.  Maybe I'm just the one still not over Arizona cheating on her!  Thanks for the reminder. 

19 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I like that Alex has grown, but is still Alex.  Jo was right - Alex kicking in that door was hot.

It's strange that April and Matt got married, but I still think April will be happier with Matt than she ever was with Jackson.

Is it just me, or is Ellen/Meredith looking really bad?

I think it's just you? She looked awesome! that blue dress made her blue eyes look electric! Just lovely.

Teddy preggers? Oy!

April? Don't care.

Alex and Jo? meh.

Owen and crazy Amelia? nope.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Joana said:

Callie only went to New York so she could be with Penny, there was no other reason for her to go. We never saw them get back together on-screen as Sara Ramirez left the show, but all this time it was presumed they're still a couple, or at the very least were a couple for some time. But then again, absolutely nothing about her move to New York ever made any sense, so who the hell knows anymore.

"At Last" - Season 12, episode 23

"Callie is working in her lab when Penny comes in. Penny offers to delay leaving until they're good again. Callie says there's no point. They both know how it ends. Penny doesn't and asks Callie to tell her. She says they'll drag it out. Things will get better and she'll leave. Things will taper off and they'll be sorry and make empty promises. She's stuck there and there's no good solution. Penny asks if she's breaking up with her. Callie says maybe instead of dragging it out, it's better to end it now. They should and Penny should go. Penny leaves."

I think Callie had already been hired at a hospital in NY by this time and either couldn't back out and stay at Grey-Sloan or she didn't want to stay because she didn't want to be around Callie for winning full custody (even if Arizona did decide to let them have shared instead).

(edited)

@beaunicorn It's pretty explicitly implied that she goes to NYC to repair things with Penny. The only reason they broke up is because Callie plans to stay back when she doesn't get custody. Arizona tells her to go be with Penny. "Sophia deserves two happy moms. Let's all be happy." 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So are April and Matthew legally married?

No. King County, WA requires a 3-day waiting period after obtaining a marriage license, and they didn’t even have one!

1 hour ago, beaunicorn said:

1 hour ago, beaunicorn said:

She was just seen in the background running around with Zola and Sophia. She wasn't a flower girl and she was African-American.

I don't think they ever said, but I think they rotate between different shelters in and around Seattle. 

Leo looked older to me too, but babies that age change so quickly though that a month's time could explain it.

I think she is Ellen Pompeo's real life daughter? The eldest-- Stella.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But I’m all for Alex walking into a board meeting next season and yelling, “I’ve got seventeen million shares now and I’m outvoting all of you! Booyah, bitches!”

I could totally see him doing that and would LMAO, especially at the look on Catherine’s face!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I actually hate that they're taking a character who was an avowed atheist and making him go on some spiritual journey.  Some of us have serious things happen to us and our loved ones, and yet we still remain unconvinced of the existence of a higher power.

Couldn’t agree more. It seems really out of character for Jackson.

Really hope Teddy’s return isn’t setup for Bailey to leave! She’s always been one of my favorite characters.

How dumb is it that Alex had to kick the door down, yet the lock was still functional enough to trap them inside? LOL @ the discovery of the skull because it was just so off-the-wall in that situation. It’s a shame that the dead guy was left as a complete loose end, though.

Exactly how stupid was that wedding planner? Wouldn’t anyone with a life-threatening allergy be in the habit of carrying an Epi-pen in case of emergency? (For that matter, what was she even there for? I thought April *was* the wedding planner? Now I wonder if the original plan really was to kill April off in last week’s episode, but the scene with this wedding planner was already written...)

I kinda enjoyed DeLuca drunkenly trying to kiss Mer, but I really hope the show doesn’t try to go there. Scott Speedman’s character was a much better fit for her. It’s about time the writers find a better storyline for DeLuca (and get rid of Carina, already! Nothing against the actress, but Carina is written annoying as hell). And I’m assuming after what Zola said at the beginning of the episode, there is probably some plan afoot to find someone for Mer next season.

• Love 3

I'd dance around in my underwear Callie-style if Teddy replaced Bailey, but of course that's never going to happen. 

And now I'm mostly annoyed that just as I was ready to say goodbye to this show, they bring back Teddy who I've always liked a lot, so I'm kinda curious what her story will be. Ideally, she came back not because she wants to be with Owen, but because she wants her child to grow up with its father around, so they go for co-parenting and there are no love triangles of any kind in the picture. Also, I'm guessing she'll take over as the Chief until she goes on maternity leave and while Bailey is taking her sabbatical. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

@beaunicorn It's pretty explicitly implied that she goes to NYC to repair things with Penny. The only reason they broke up is because Callie plans to stay back when she doesn't get custody. Arizona tells her to go be with Penny. "Sophia deserves two happy moms. Let's all be happy." 

I'm not and never will be a fan of Blake's so I think my mind is set that they didn't work it out. lol I think there was an episode post Callie leaving (but before Sophia came back to Seattle) where she told Arizona or someone told Arizona that she and Blake broke up.

1 hour ago, taanja said:

I think she is Ellen Pompeo's real life daughter? The eldest-- Stella.

I Googled Ellen's kids, yep it was Stella. 

• Love 2

I don't understand the sorcery that is Grey's. This show hasn't made me cry in a very long time--years, likely last happened when Derek died--and, yet, there I am tearing up at the triple-wedding at the end.

I was POSITIVE Tisha Campbell was going to die. And when Teddy started apologizing for crying I was like ? because it would be weird if she WASN'T crying, but then came the hand-holding and "are you expecting?" ? if the show hadn't been over, I would have shut it off in disgust.

I would LOVE if they were able to bring Scott Speedman back. Preferably being haunted by the ghost of Scott Foley. And Speedman comes to SGMWGSMH with an organ for a transplant patient, who is, of course, Keri Russell.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

And everyone was likable and funny - all of these actors are great at comedy I wish they all got the chance to use it more.  This is probably one of the only episodes in the last 5 years where I didn't feel the need to fast forward and where I liked everyone. 

Yes, and I even liked Catherine!

• Love 4

Despite not being a Jolex fan, I really enjoyed this episode. 

I like that's Teddy is back but wish she wasn't pregnant. 

I care nothing about Matthew and April. 

I really adore Alex and Mere's friendship. I'm still in my lonely corner shipping her and Jackson. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Me, too. Not a fan of "traumatic event leads atheist to God" stories.

5 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I seem to remember Owen saying he was six months old during his "I thought I'd get an older kid but the social worker is on the way over with a baby" freakout.

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

How dumb is it that Alex had to kick the door down, yet the lock was still functional enough to trap them inside? LOL @ the discovery of the skull because it was just so off-the-wall in that situation. It’s a shame that the dead guy was left as a complete loose end, though.

Thank you! That was bugging me, too. How was the lock and/or door frame not smashed?

------

I read this morning that the wrong-wedding bride was played by James Pickens Jr.'s daughter.

• Love 2

I felt sorry for Carina as she told Hellmouth not to eat her heart out for someone who could never care for her, and looked sadly back at Arizona.

7 hours ago, LaughingOne said:

The time elapsed can't be that great because April and Matthew reconnected AFTER the episode where Teddy and Owen hooked up and Teddy isn't showing at all.

I thought Teddy looked like she was showing about four months, possibly five, in the scene with the heart patient. (I went in to visit old workmates when I was five months along and no one guessed.)  She hooked up with Owen when there was a lot of snow in Germany, like a blizzard, and it seemed like Alex and Jo's wedding was sometime in June.

6 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

“wonder if she had fertility treatments to get there.”

Actually no.  She has five boys ranging in age from 21 to eight.

No, sorry, I meant Rachel Weisz.  It's unusual to have a second child at 48.

6 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

OR ... all kinds of smart. If indeed she a) wanted a baby and b) wanted Owen back.

Teddy had Owen, all through that time in Germany, until she threw him out.  It would have been sketchy asking for a job deliberately at his hospital without checking with him how he felt about it even if she weren't pregnant.  But since she is, it's manipulating him with the baby.  He doesn't have any choice but to see her pregnant with his baby every day.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, taanja said:

I think it's just you? She looked awesome! that blue dress made her blue eyes look electric! Just lovely.

Teddy preggers? Oy!

April? Don't care.

Alex and Jo? meh.

Owen and crazy Amelia? nope.

I liked the dress, but Meredith's hair used to have more body, and look really silky.  It might be the hairstyle.  Also, her skin used to have more of a glow.

I do not want to see a triangle with Teddy, Owen and Amelia.

If Bailey and Alex leave, then the only original characters left will be Meredith and Richard.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

If Bailey and Alex leave, then the only original characters left will be Meredith and Richard.

I don't think Bailey's going anywhere. She just wants to step away from the administrative stuff (y'know, the running of the entire hospital because that's apparently what the chief of surgery does).

• Love 3

If the idiots-in-charge need a tragic death in the season premiere, I happily volunteer Glasses for it.  Nothing about him is cute, endearing, likable, or entertaining.

I would also like to offer myself as DeLuca's next love interest, but only if he stops whining about DACA Intern.

• Love 11
On 5/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, KaveDweller said:

If Callie is single,  why couldn't she move back to Seattle to be close to Sofia. I'm guessing she could get her job back.

I know the actress is unavailable and Arizona is being written, but it seems like a plot hole.

Yeah, huh?  Is there even a chief of ortho? (yeah, I know, an off-screen character we never see)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

As we have learned from Derek's car accident scene, April's kitchen cesarean section and now this, ambulances don't operate on a "life or death" urgency in Seattle.

That was actually a part of a Station 19 episode (ambulance from a different station was slow arriving to a multi-injury bus accident)

• Love 1

I should have know that Teddy would turn up, after Kim Raver's arc on Designated Survivor was conveniently wrapped up in the penultimate episode (although it became academic when ABC cancelled that series).

I don't have any words. for me, krista stepping in as show runner (with lack of understanding of characters true course) is a disservice to fans who have dedicated years to this show. 

no wonder this season has been so all over the place. 

Screenshot_20180519-104951-1.jpg

• Love 2

Why are we losing them in the first place?  Why can't all the characters names I can't remember leave instead?  The interns, DeLuca, DeLuca's sister, etc. can exit stage left any time now.  Owen and Amelia can leave to along with Teddy.  I won't miss any of them.

• Love 8
On 5/17/2018 at 9:00 PM, anna0852 said:

Welp we all called it. Hints that Callie and Arizona will get back together, check. Teddy is pregnant, check. April and Matthew got married, check.

So happy that Calizona are getting back together!!! When Teddy was touching her stomach, I was thinking is she pregnant? But that was just a quick thought and then it went away.. She really IS pregnant!!! I was in shock!!!! YAY!!! Owen FINALLY gets a baby!!!!! :) April and Matthew are cute together.. I do like them together, but I also want April and Jackson back together..  Man this is so difficult!

On 5/17/2018 at 9:00 PM, Lady Calypso said:

The interns not named Quadri and Parker can go away. Glasses is irritating, and Intern Amy Schumer isn't much better. 

I like glasses, but him fainting because of the blood, was so stupid! He shouldn't be a doctor then. Intern Amy Schumer! ROFL! She has been annoying since day one and I want her gone!!

• Love 2