Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

My retinas cannot unsee Bruno's deeply tanned and somewhat burned chest.

Tonya,  Adam and Josh final 3?  I'd be kinda pissed about Tonya except...I can't be, she's been doing well on this. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Sooo tonight determines the finale contestants.  I'm so not invested in this season.  The opener? hohum.

Mirai:  Very nice, except for total lack of body contact.  Troupe dancers were not necessary.  At one point I thought Alan was going to slide right off the dance floor from going so fast.  No mention of breaking hold. CAI has to show off her Japanese? Whatev!  Both Bruno and CAI seemed apologetic for -finally!- giving her a slight critique.  She does well...then she opened her mouth.  She did less than her best to leave room in the scores for others? She worked on her shade?  She just spoiled the whole thing for me.  I can't root for snobby!  Glad to see they held back on the scores.

Oops - short commercial break. Missed the Alan, Meryl & Jenna dance.

Jennie:  Nice effort but lacked fluidity. Poor Keo looks spent!  I saw on some tv show that she's 6'1, the tallest women ever on the show.  They said Keo is 6'2.  So this pairing was inevitable, though I can't help but wonder if she had another pro...but which pro?  Oh well, I suspect her journey ends tonight.  Agree with the scores, though wouldn't have minded one more 8.

Chris:  Good job.  He was noticeably thinking all through it - not relaxed at all.  Cute touch bringing super-fan Mom in at the last pose. Didn't need all the extra dancers.  I felt nervous the whole time they were on top of the piano.  So NOW CAI decides to call a lift?  But not last week. Yea, ok.  7? 9? Well at least they averaged to to 8 which is correct IMO.

Tonya:  This was the stereotypical rumba for the deceased dad, but Sasha handled the choreography well by keeping it inspirational instead of romantic.  It was missing recognizable rumba content IMO but appropriate in this case.  Strange ending.  Did she forget to do something?  Anyway, well done.

Adam:  Jenna wipes away an imaginary tear...Adam had a few balance problems but otherwise it was good. Not a fan of contemporary on this show.  Len trying to critique it - laughable.  He proclaims himself a "beautiful crier"?   Well, we know that score was coming.  My guess is Adam is getting the votes and Mirai is not.

Josh:  This was beautiful and somehow seemed more honest than what Adam/Jenna did.  He looked relaxed, centered and at peace.  That horizontal triple axel (that seems to be what they're calling it) was amazing, not to mention that straight arm lift. Disappointed with the scores. That should have gotten all 10s to Adam's 39.

I think they just showed us who will be awarded the MBT.

Jennie vs Tonya:  Jennie got right into the dance while Tonya took a while to get going and when she did get going, it was very repetitious.  IMO Jennie won this. The meter looked like it was always on Jennie's side.  Disagree with the judges and looks like American disagrees too = 60% for Jennie.

Adam vs Mirai:  Mirai starts out a whopping 4 points behind Adam.  Either they let Mirai go so Adam easily gets the "win" next week.  Or will they help Mirai out by bringing her up 2 points?  Unfortunate choice of shoes on Mirai - they make her feet look heavy.  Yes, Jenna is in tennis shoes but she's a pro and can handle that and we're not supposed to judge her anyways.  I didn't notice what the meter was doing.  Toss up IMO.  64% voted for Adam.  Hmmmm will Mirai survive the night?

Chris vs Josh:   Well that was a hot mess.  More about lifts and tricks than dancing.

Yea! Josh made the finale! I would have rather had Chris than Tonya next week but I don't think it matters much. I suspect the "winner" has already been chosen.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3

What fresh hell is this???  How on earth did the finagle Tonya into the finals??  And yuck to ole Sharner getting in too.

I would have rather had Chris, Mirai and Adam in there.  This season has just not been good for a variety of reasons.

I am throwing votes to Adam simply to see people's heads explode if Jenna gets a Mirror Ball.

• Love 6

Not a good season. I would say it is disappointing but I didn’t think I would like the season. I hate that Tonya is in the final. And I hate that the winner was known from the first night. 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Uke said:

Jennie:  Nice effort but lacked fluidity. Poor Keo looks spent!  I saw on some tv show that she's 6'1, the tallest women ever on the show.  They said Keo is 6'2.  So this pairing was inevitable, though I can't help but wonder if she had another pro...but which pro?  Oh well, I suspect her journey ends tonight.  Agree with the scores, though wouldn't have minded one more 8.

Man, if Jennie had been paired with Maks that would have been a spontaneous combustion, even if the height would have worked.

Why do I feel like the thing with David's paddle at the end of the Josh/Chris dance-off was veering into grassy knoll territory? Did David veer from the script that Josh was supposed to make the finals?

ETA: Also, I loved the lifts in Josh and Sharna's contemporary. That "triple axel" lift was pretty impressive.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 6

Feh. I will record and zap through again next week - no choice, with Harding in the finale. I really just want to see what Adam dances.  I made the mistake of leaving the sound on during the Harding segments this week and just about retched.  By all means, let her find her redemption - in private, please, not on my TV.  I was not overly impressed by Josh's contemporary - it was all lifts, very little dancing. But admittedly he did the lifts very well.

With Mirai gone, there's only one reasonable winner, and they've been telegraphing it for weeks.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think David voted as he saw it--- that Chris won the dance-off -- but the TPTB had other plans.  I would have replaced Tonya with Chris  I think they overscored Tonya on just about every dance this season.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, surreysmum said:

Feh. I will record and zap through again next week - no choice, with Harding in the finale. I really just want to see what Adam dances.  I made the mistake of leaving the sound on during the Harding segments this week and just about retched.  By all means, let her find her redemption - in private, please, not on my TV.  I was not overly impressed by Josh's contemporary - it was all lifts, very little dancing. But admittedly he did the lifts very well.

I had to mute it when Erin was talking to her after they danced. I just can't with the crying.

• Love 3

Ugh.  Dead dad dance, complete with photos.  The more this hag doubles down on being poor victim Tonya, the more I loathe her.  The only thing worse than sad old deputy dog Tonya is manically smiling Tonya.

Stupid show.  Mirai gets screwed over to redeem this pathetic jerk. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Mu Shu said:

Ugh.  Dead dad dance, complete with photos.  The more this hag doubles down on being poor victim Tonya, the more I loathe her.  The only thing worse than sad old deputy dog Tonya is manically smiling Tonya.

Mirai was never meant to be on the show. She's lucky she had the time in the spotlight that she had.  There was no way they'd let two recently competitive skaters compete together in the finals.  Tonya makes a more interesting finale because she looks like a regular person off the street.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I am sorry, but there is no way America voted Tonya "the knee" basher into the finals! She isn't as bad as I thought she would be but she isn't all that good. Tonight proved why this abbreviated season is not good. Look how much most of the dancers have improved! If we had a full regular season, the dancing could have been amazing this year. I would have loved to see Chris in the finals long before a certain frumpy former ice skater. (Maybe they should have let Chris go shirtless last week). And speaking of shirtless, Bruno should have kept his shirt on but heck, he looks really good for a 62 year old man with way too much spray tan on....he can give George Hamilton a run for his money with his "crispy" look!

I enjoyed David's remark about Chris making a good catch to deflate CAI's lift comment....that was no lift. He caught her!!!!

Edited to add: Tonya makes a more interesting finale because she looks like a regular person off the street.  Yes, she does remind me of a "street person" with apologies to street people.

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 13
(edited)

Guess the public didn’t think Mirai’s shade shtick was as cute as she thought it was.  The look on Erin’s face was priceless during the pre-score interview.  Even Adam looked shocked.

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Thadeeeyus said:

Mirai was never meant to be on the show. She's lucky she had the time in the spotlight that she had.  There was no way they'd let two recently competitive skaters compete together in the finals.  Tonya makes a more interesting finale because she looks like a regular person off the street.  

I don’t watch TV to see people off the street.  I want to see pretty people.  Pretty Mirai.  Homely ass Tonya.  No thanks, I can see that at Publix.  Actually, since it’s Tonya, Walmart. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Didn’t she claim Daddy was never around during her good ole skating days. Bitch sure is an expert at lying. She must be laughing her ass off knowing how many people she hosed.

• Love 6

I'm not a fan of Mirai at all but I feel like she should've had Charlie as her mentor rather than Meryl because the pre-determined outcome of the season hasn't been this obvious since Season 18. Charlie was much more likable but in the end it's all the same. Gotta keep the Chmerkovskiys happy, not because the show won't survive without them, but who really wants them and their 97,000 family members "shooting off their mouths" on social media because they didn't get something they wanted or thought they deserved?

I thought a four week season would be better than nothing but at this point, I'm sorry I invested the time. This has been just terrible in so many ways and while I think losing a season would be the beginning of the end of the show, I'd rather see no season at all than another 4 week season. I'm rooting for Josh but I really don't think I care who wins.

Oh...couldn't they have gotten a mentor who could actually be there? WTF was up with that?

• Love 9

I get the feeling that Charlie was not happy with the show at all and wouldn't come back with a gun to his head.

You can't believe the American people voted for lying victim-y Tonya who italks big to cover her own denial about her own responsibility for the shitshow that is her life?  At least she doesn't have an orange comb-over.  (Sorry, that's leftover snark from TWoP.)

The opening number started out okay, but slow.  It turned into a bit of a hot mess.

• Love 8

This season is so anti-climactic. It just started and now it's almost over. No time to get invested in anyone. Nobody has a chance to have a growth arc. On a full season, someone like Chris - who I think most viewers knew nothing about prior to the show - would have improved week over week and become the audience favorite due to his personality. And someone like Tonya would have worn out her welcome by the fifth or sixth week.

• Love 21
(edited)

Ohhhhhh.  The show had paid for "Make me feel" so they used it.  And in a way which makes me think that my feelings about the show not liking Jenna's little game are correct.  Fun.

(ETA: Jennie, not Jenna.  I have no idea who either of them are, so I'm not convinced I even knew they were different people.)

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Ohhhhhh.  The show had paid for "Make me feel" so they used it.  And in a way which makes me think that my feelings about the show not liking Jenna's little game are correct.  Fun.

'Splain please?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the OP meant Jennie (Keo’s partner), not Jenna. Jennie refused to dance to “Make Me Feel” the other week because she deemed it too sexy, or whatever. So, since the show had already paid to use it, they put it in this week’s episode and had the pros dance to it. Pretty genius, actually!

Edited by Catgyrl
  • Love 9
(edited)

This abbreviated season leaves me cold and not excited at all for the finale.

One ep every season hits me right in my "OMG I am so fat and should never eat again" lunacy, but tonight was particularly bad and left me wanting to take scissors to my thighs and abdomen. Jenna, Nastia, and Meryl on the same night is too much for any average woman. The perfectly toned Sharna and Whitney looked positively bulky next to those three.

Meryl Davis is a queen, the best dancer this show has ever seen, and she still looks and moves like an Olympic Champion.

If possible, Nastia, my favorite gymnast of all time, looks even slimmer than she did in Beijing. Is she on some crazy pre-wedding diet? She should have made the finals in her season. So great seeing her with Sasha - they were magic together while Golden Boy Hough was injured. They seem to still be quite friendly.

I found all dances underwhelming. Happy Tonya and Sasha made it, and I'm always happy to have Sharna in the finale, but we all know Adam is winning. Ugh. Sorry but I'll vote for anyone else because I cannot abide camera-mugging Jenna. The fact that she could have a Mirrorball and Sharna STILL doesn't... makes me sort of queasy.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Well, I am surprised by that ending!  Thought for sure Mirai would be a finalist.  

I'm bitterly not. This show has always screwed over the better dancer for the sensational story, which is the norm in show business.

4 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Mirai's mouth cost her the finals.  She's so trying to be like Adam with his sarcastic personality but it just comes across as spoiled and bitchy.  She did the same thing when she screwed up at the Olympics by saying it didn't matter because it was really just her Dancing with the Stars audition.

Yes. When Adam joked, "The one thing I'm grateful for is that I'm a beautiful crier," that is exactly the kind of attitude Mirai tries to emulate but because she is a woman she can't. In Adam's case, everyone laughed and thought, "Isn't he wonderful?" In her (or any woman's case) it'd be, "How dare she be so egotistical! What a snob!"

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, anonymiss said:

I'm bitterly not. This show has always screwed over the better dancer for the sensational story, which is the norm in show business.

Yes. When Adam joked, "The one thing I'm grateful for is that I'm a beautiful crier," that is exactly the kind of attitude Mirai tries to emulate but because she is a woman she can't. In Adam's case, everyone laughed and thought, "Isn't he wonderful?" In her (or any woman's case) it'd be, "How dare she be so egotistical! What a snob!"

Mirai could never get away with saying 95% of what Adam said the past few months, including proclaiming himself America's sweetheart and doing a contemporary dance to his Olympic free skate music. And I say that as someone who loves Adam.  Plus I support what Adam said about Tonya (not so sure about the trailer remarks though or the generous interpretation where some people are saying that he is referring to a movie trailer), because someone had to say it, but it would have been so much of a bigger deal in the media if Mirai had said it.  Mirai has said that she is uncomfortable trash talking people so she could never go into sports commentary, I can't believe people are so humorousness to take her "shade" comments seriously, it was clear from the beginning that the show was trying to egg her on for this fake rivalry between her and her friend.  Despite what people say, America loves a comeback story and is always ready to forgive people, so I find it a little suspect that this is like the first generous edit that Tonya has gotten in 30 years. 

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 8

It’s not that because Mirai is a woman that she can’t get away with saying the things she says.  It’s because Adam (and I’m not a huge fan of his) says it with a hint of humor but Mirai hasn’t learned about nuance and just sounds spoiled and mean.

• Love 23
(edited)
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

It’s not that because Mirai is a woman that she can’t get away with saying the things she says.  It’s because Adam (and I’m not a huge fan of his) says it with a hint of humor but Mirai hasn’t learned about nuance and just sounds spoiled and mean.

I'm fine with people saying Mirai doesn't "pull it off" like Adam, but people have been making a huge deal about rather innocuous comments that she has made from the beginning (it's an effing dance competition people, lighten up) and making all kinds of conclusions about her, it honestly makes me look at the things that Adam has said over the last few years with a different eye.  Though I think that I also look at it differently for having followed Mirai and Adam for years and knowing that Mirai kept her mouth shut for four years/seeing how people are reacting to Tonya in comparison.  And I've been waiting for years to give Tonya a second chance...

Also, nothing that Mirai  said tonight would have affected much except the online vote, which she was always going to lose to the Olympic breakout star who has several hundreds of thousands of more instagram followers than her. I don't have a problem with how they matched the ballroom battles though. Mirai has been very sweet about Tonya when asked about her in interviews, much more than I would have been. She also said that she was surprised that Kareem went home last week and that she thought he would be making the finale because his dance was "genius" (which, sweetie..lol).

Oh well. Adam for the win. 

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I agree with this, but I really don’t think that’s how Mirai means it to come across at all. I don’t think she has the timing or the wit to pull off what Adam does (not even Adam has it all the time either, but he certainly had some last night), so it ends up sounding cringey instead of funny like she meant. Intent vs. execution I guess. I feel so bad for her knowing what the public reaction will be.

I really liked her arm movement yesterday, kind of sad to see her go, though I am happy to see her stop putting her foot in her mouth. 

I really liked Adam’s performance and wish these dances were longer. I also seriously wish Meryl got better choreography and a better routine, because she can still kill it. 

I’m so annoyed by this shortened season. What a waste. Only an hour for the finale? Does anyone give a shit at ABC?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mehtotheworld said:

I agree with this, but I really don’t think that’s how Mirai means it to come across at all. I don’t think she has the timing or the wit to pull off what Adam does (not even Adam has it all the time either, but he certainly had some last night), so it ends up sounding cringey instead of funny like she meant. Intent vs. execution I guess. I feel so bad for her knowing what the public reaction will be.

I really liked her arm movement yesterday, kind of sad to see her go, though I am happy to see her stop putting her foot in her mouth. 

I really liked Adam’s performance and wish these dances were longer. I also seriously wish Meryl got better choreography and a better routine, because she can still kill it. 

I’m so annoyed by this shortened season. What a waste. Only an hour for the finale? Does anyone give a shit at ABC?

To be honest, people will probably forget that this four episode season ever happened.  I still can't believe that they gave two contemporaries to two of the favorites in a four episode season. 

• Love 11

I mean, lets face it, the show is struggling with this short season. Having Mirai in the finale would be boring. Having Tonya in the finale makes people say, "Can you believe Mirai didn't make the finale?" "I hate/love that Tonya is there - what's that, you have the opposite opinion?? Lets fight online and give #DWTS a chance to trend!" It's all about 'dem eyeballs. 

I don't think it's working. I think they made a misstep in making the short season have the exact same format as a regular season, it emphasizes it's shortness. If all they were going to get from ABC was 4 episodes or nothing, I'm starting to think they should have really shaken up the format to make it seem like a "special event." Make the scores & voting be cumulative across the 4 episodes. Or have a different group of people face off in each of the first 3 episodes, spend more time with them so you get to know them better, and have the voting determine a winner of each episode, making them the final 3 that face off in the finale. (American Ninja Warrior-ish) It feels like they could have done something to make it feel like a "DWTS Special Event!!!" instead of a "DWTS Sad Season Because Idol (womp womp)" 

I'm glad Adam's going to win though, I like 'im. I know it's from his skating, but man, he's got beautifully expressive arms and hands. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not really surprised Tonya made the finale. It seemed to be setting up for that. Mirai had the worst spot of the night going first, and her dance wasn't memorable. Tonya's dance was actually memorable and she had the emotional package. It's a good combo for advancing in the competition. Also Mirai's personality doesn't connect as well. I feel a bit bad for her actually. It seems like Mirai tries to emulate Adam's humor but it doesn't work for her. She isn't as quick witted. Even her one shady line she admitted took her all week to come up with, whereas most of Adam's lines seem spur of the moment and organic.

I think Adam is definitely going to win. Him and Jenna are my favorite pairing. They have really good chemistry together and I could see them hanging out in real life. Not sure why people are complaining about a ringer in a four week season. It's not like last season was any less predictable.

This season kind of stinks because several of these contestants deserve a full season. Adam, Josh, Chris, even Tonya would do well on a full season. I highly doubt Tonya would make the finals on a full-fledged season though, so maybe she should count herself lucky for the mini-season. Now she can say she made the finals on DWTS. Mirai would benefit from a full season too, though probably would still be a "shock" elimination a la Nastia, Simone, or Charlie.

I enjoyed the two contemporary dances, but why are they even dancing contemporary in a shortened season? It's still supposed to be a ballroom show, so they should have not done those dances this season or saved it for the finale freestyles. I found it kind of interesting the last 3 to dance were the 3 to advance to the finals, and they all had the more lyrical dances. All 3 also won their dance offs but not sure if that made them the top 3 in scores.

Edited by bealled
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, displayname said:

I think Adam captured that routine better than Jenna.

He should have captured it better than Jenna since he has been performing a routine to that music for over a year. I like Adam and don’t mind having “ringers” on this show but it seems extra unfair to let someone who already has a huge dance/performance advantage over contestants like Chris and Josh to perform a dance version of a routine he has probably practiced thousands of times in a style that suits him. Especially in such a short season where non-ringers have less of a chance to catch up in dance skill. Did we really need to break out contemporaries in week 3 of a 4 week season? They should have stuck to all ballroom styles until the finale in such a short season. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

He should have captured it better than Jenna since he has been performing a routine to that music for over a year. I like Adam and don’t mind having “ringers” on this show but it seems extra unfair to let someone who already has a huge dance/performance advantage over contestants like Chris and Josh to perform a dance version of a routine he has probably practiced thousands of times in a style that suits him. Especially in such a short season where non-ringers have less of a chance to catch up in dance skill. Did we really need to break out contemporaries in week 3 of a 4 week season? They should have stuck to all ballroom styles until the finale in such a short season. 

Adam has actually been skating to the song for longer than that (he skated to it as his exhibition piece two years ago, and it was his long last season too). That said, it was beautiful and looked like it belonged in a museum, but knowing that he is capable of pulling off beautiful dances, I felt like I was a bit robbed of seeing him dance to something else.  Agree with everyone who said that we really deserved to see the athletes in a longer season.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mehtotheworld said:

Thanks.  You expressed what I meant but in a better way!!!

• Love 1

I don’t think Tonya had the fan votes to make the finale but they put her there so people would actually tune in to watch it.   Works for me.  Lol.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I don’t think Tonya had the fan votes to make the finale but they put her there so people would actually tune in to watch it.   Works for me.  Lol.  

They can't make up a finalist. All those things that involve votes are very closely regulated.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

One ep every season hits me right in my "OMG I am so fat and should never eat again" lunacy, but tonight was particularly bad and left me wanting to take scissors to my thighs and abdomen. Jenna, Nastia, and Meryl on the same night is too much for any average woman. The perfectly toned Sharna and Whitney looked positively bulky next to those three.

Nah, Im not about bodyshaming but prefer being toned with curves, so I will take Whitney figure anyday over Jenna, Nastia and Meryl who r very athletic built. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

They can't make up a finalist. All those things that involve votes are very closely regulated.

Yes and I often defend shows when claims of manipulation go too far.  We know there is some on all reality but how far it goes is always a question.  It is up to production how the percentage of votes vs judge scores are divided.  I think that may have happened here giving the judging scores more weight.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I think its naive to think its not some  kinda power play bts that happens on dwts. Im not implying that this may be the case this season but I often time have to sideeye at some of the things that happens on this show and other shows that r similar to it, that requires votes. I do know for a fact the judges already know who the bottom is before results r given but have no idea who is going home and Erin and Tom know minutes before results who will being going home. This info was given off someone on Facebook who use to work for dwts production team.

• Love 1

I for one am glad this season is so short because there are literally three contestants I have ever heard of before in my whole life and I wouldn't be interested in following them for ten whole weeks. I've never cared for the celebrity athletes, mostly because I rarely know who they are but also because the judges and the audience always seem to favor them. So I'm glad an all-athlete season was limited to four weeks. 

I'm really shocked that Tonya made the finals. She did much better than I would have guessed but not well enough to make the final three and I wouldn't think she'd have the votes either. It really does seem like producer manipulation to keep the buzz going. 

We like to think that but c'mon. I'd like to know who's in charge of oversight in Dancing with the Stars voting. I seriously doubt the network cares more about voting integrity than ratings.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I think its naive to think its not some  kinda power play bts that happens on dwts. Im not implying that this may be the case this season but I often time have to sideeye at some of the things that happens on this show and other shows that r similar to it, that requires votes. I do know for a fact the judges already know who the bottom is before results r given but have no idea who is going home and Erin and Tom know minutes before results who will being going home. This info was given off someone on Facebook who use to work for dwts production team.

Of course there's stuff going on behind the scenes, but it doesn't involve changing viewer votes.  That's illegal.  There is viewer manipulation everywhere, including planning ahead what scores the teams will get, judges' comments meant to sway the viewers, what order the contestants dance in, what music is used, what positive or negative comments are included in packages, and things like the team dances where they can assign the scores they like, and dance-offs.   It's all planned in order to achieve a particular outcome, and usually it works.

Edited by Thadeeeyus
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think that I will tune in to the Finale of this pitiful “mini-season”.   Such a waste.    I didn’t have time to “get invested” in any of the contestants.  My two favorite parts of this show have always been to see a contestant’s growth through the season and to see their partnership evolve with their pro, but none of that has been able to happen for me this “season”.   I still enjoyed Mirai’s dancing the most and I think her partnership with her pro could have been something nice to watch in a regular season.  I am not a sports girl and I had never heard of most of these people before, so I don’t know Mirai’s history of comments and attitude but I liked her and took her comments as a joke last night.

I think I would have also liked to have seen Jennie? and Keo in a full season.  This is the first time I have liked Keo as a pro and she seemed like a really nice lady.  Liked her tribute to her husband.

As for the finale, Adam is okay but I don’t like him well enough to root for Jenna.  She may be a good dancer but girl needs a double scoop of humility and needs to stop mugging for the camera.  She is ridiculous  Oh well, at least another member of the “fam” will get a shiny mirror ball (PUKE).

As far as Tonya, yuck.   Whatever.  Girl, you are not a victim.  Get over it.  Seriously.  What a waste of Sasha this season.  (And I really, really, love Sasha).

Edited by penbrat
  • Love 5

In the ballroom battle I realized Jennie drives me nuts because she dances so short. Tonya was dancing taller than her. Jennie is awkward and feels like she's almost apologizing for her height, when she should be owning it. 

Jenna's flat shoes in the ballroom battle jive actually bothered me. I'm like "this bitch is wearing FLAT SHOES." Mirai wore heels, FFS.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised that Tonya made it into the finals.  Let's face it, a lot of voters like to "hate vote" voting for the most controversial or who they want to see, not because of dance ability. Add that to Tonya surprising most people by actually being pretty good (although not final material).  Mirai probably would have overcome that and made it in if it wasn't for sabotaging herself with her attitude and attempts as humor that she actually started during the Olympics. Mirai had the chance to get people behind her but couldn't pull it off despite being a good dancer.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, well, Carrie Anne sure did give it away that Jennie was going home. What a joke. It was also a joke that the fans voted for Jennie and Keo in the dance off, but the judges gave it to Harding instead. Jennie got all 7s for her VW, while Tonya walked around and cried and got all 9s. The fine luger or Mirai should have made it over her. 

And since when do dance offs scored by the judges decide who gets in the finals?

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 8