Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Ciao, Napoli!

• Start Topic

Another season in the Mediterranean gets under way as Captain Sandy Yawn and the crew cruise the Italian coast; chef Adam returns and is ready to redeem himself; returning chief Hannah finds herself at a crossroads on whether she should settle down.

I realize these shows are fake and scripted, but I wish the writers weren't so lazy and treated us as idiots. Last season Hannah and Adam both lied to Captain Sandy's face about their actions. No way she brings them back if it all wasn't staged.

You'd think they could come up with some interesting storylines this season. 

• Love 5

I've never been wild about Sandy either, though, she seems to be quite popular and loved.  I don't get it.  This may be the season that I take a break, but, I think I've threatened that before. lol

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm surprised that Bobby isn't on this season. He must have been fired because I don't think he'd leave on his own. Are Hannah and Captain Sandy the only ones to return? 

Chef Adam is back.  Can't say I'm surprised that Bugsy isn't returning.

• Love 4

Ugh... those bitches and their nuts. It’s probably the only way those nasty hags will lol get close to a pair. And they are ruining their own vacay by their constant bitching.

With that said, I laughed when Adam added balsamic vinegar to that beautiful mozzarella. That is def not true Italian. They don’t mix acids and dairy. I also thought his pasta dish was a lot sloppy looking . It may have tasted lovely, but it did look a mess.  Not something to wow on the first night , and there is more to Italian food  than pasta. 

Course those bitches lost all credibility about their complaints when they asked for grilled cheese and spaghetti. WTF?!?!

Adam and Hannah are back because  production couldn’t find anyone reputable to waste their time on this shit show. 

• Love 13

It's not the crew's fault you have no men to bring,  and none seem interested.  What a nasty bunch to start the season with.  

Can't stand Adam, they must have had no one for the job,  no one.  If I have to see his douchy puppy dog eye face I'll hurl.  He's so offputting.

Can't remember names but the young bosun was getting rode hard for his young looks.  He is still very young for that job though.  

The Naples setting is gorgeous,  can't wait to see more of it.  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Drunk white girl looks like the wife to "Egger" from Men In Black #1.

Iwas thinking of that episode of "Seinfeld" when Elaine room mate is dating Kramer. "Hheeeyyy who stole my ccaaakkee" Looks and sounds just like her to me

• Love 10
1 minute ago, tinaw said:

Iwas thinking of that episode of "Seinfeld" when Elaine room mate is dating Kramer. "Hheeeyyy who stole my ccaaakkee" Looks and sounds just like her to me

I believe it is the same actress that played both of the characters.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

“How ‘bout THESE nuts!”

ETA: wtf, “I don’t eat out of a bowl!” “My dog eats this food!” “Here’s how to run a boat!” I’d be running on the water towards the land.

wtf x 2, grilled cheese and spaghetti, but you won’t eat a lovely pasta in a sauce?

Wasn't the pasta Adam originally served spaghetti?  

These women think they are high class...but seriously - wtf???  

• Love 21

These women must be acting, right?  No one is really that rude to the people cooking and cleaning for them?!  They want high class meals like grilled cheese and spaghetti?  Which, Adam served spaghetti to begin with.

I do feel for the 3rd stew, I look at a boat and get sea sick but the worst thing you can do is lay down or go to sleep.  She needs to be up walking around, looking at the horizon.

From the crew meeting it looked like SAndy had learned her lesson from the previous season, laying out the rules.  With a first officer I do wonder why they need anchor watches, shouldn't he be on duty?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

These women must be acting, right?  No one is really that rude to the people cooking and cleaning for them?!  They want high class meals like grilled cheese and spaghetti?  Which, Adam served spaghetti to begin with.

I do feel for the 3rd stew, I look at a boat and get sea sick but the worst thing you can do is lay down or go to sleep.  She needs to be up walking around, looking at the horizon.

From the crew meeting it looked like SAndy had learned her lesson from the previous season, laying out the rules.  With a first officer I do wonder why they need anchor watches, shouldn't he be on duty?

It possible its for the show or they are show plants?

• Love 2

Ok.  The stupid guest wanted some nuts.  It shouldn't have taken as long as it did. I get it.  The freakin nuts should have had priority.  Five minutes to put some nuts in a bowl.   Now, for the rest of it....they were a holes who pretend they have class.  Yeah, no one is going to invite them onto their yacht.

What was her name?  Yikes, you've never been out of Long Island Sound?  Why the heck did you even apply?

I enjoyed the episode overall.  But I did want to verbally slap the guests at dinner.    

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  The stupid guest wanted some nuts.  It shouldn't have taken as long as it did. I get it.  The freakin nuts should have had priority.  Five minutes to put some nuts in a bowl.   Now, for the rest of it....they were a holes who pretend they have class.  Yeah, no one is going to invite them onto their yacht.

What was her name?  Yikes, you've never been out of Long Island Sound?  Why the heck did you even apply?

I enjoyed the episode overall.  But I did want to verbally slap the guests at dinner.    

Casey - ? I think because this show, especially where it concerns the inside crew, no longer really requires major yacht experience - you just have to be young, pretty and willing to hook up with your co-workers in close quarters.  

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, hoosiermommy said:

As someone who has worked in service my whole life...customers are not always right. And these women are 50 shades of wrong. They are playing the role of wealthy people only as they think it should be played.

Side note...one of the “ladies” was wearing a Culver Academies visor. https://www.culver.org/

Maybe she bought it on Craigslist.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

ith a first officer I do wonder why they need anchor watches, shouldn't he be on duty?

Anchor watch is entry level. 

That sea was so calm I would be questioning if Kelsey ever left the dock.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

If the "Princess" was planning on taking a job where she was going to be out to sea, shouldn't she have practiced actually being on a boat that wasn't docked in the bay?She was obviously cast for her looks and potential for pageant girl drama.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

There is nothing about those guests that says they are used to three star service let alone five star! Puh-lease. 

She actually said the service/food should be SEVEN star! lol

Weren't they the worst?  I don't think I could have held my shit together while dealing with their low class/high maintenance attitudes.

And yall say whatever you want about this show - I say bring it, I LOVE the drama.  Gotta have something to watch after VP has ended lol

Edited by metalchik
extra unneeded word
  • Love 23
8 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I believe it is the same actress that played both of the characters.

Yep, Siobhan Fallon.  I was also getting Kate Flannery vibes too, but that could be because I've been binging The Office lately.

I'm about 90% of the way convinced these guests' demanding  attitude is an entire put on for the show.  The whole thing with the nuts---I could swear that happened on another episode of either BD or BDM (maybe BDM S1?  I've seen them all but not entirely in order, so they're jumbled in my memory).  In the event that the guests' food demands weren't an act everyone was in on, this would be probably the only time I'd feel bad for Adam.

But even if the guest drama is all fake, the Italian scenery is absolutely worth it.  The pure blue of the water alone is worth watching for.

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

My snarky mind went ther too.

Looks like the primary gets even worse with her criticism. Glad they showed her name and company info at the beginining so that people can avoid the bitch and her overly rude guests. They should be ashamed of their nasty behavior.

Nichelle Gainey. Atlanta. Founder & CEO of SilverStone International (sports management & consulting)

Areca Whatmore.  Blowsy drunk redhead.

Edited by walnutqueen
corrected name - my eyes saw "Michelle"
  • Love 17

I really liked Capt Sandy last season, but i found her TH about Hannah and Adam rather funny. Coming off all stern, making it seem like they were only there because Sandy herself gave them a second chance. They’re there because Bravo wants them there, Hannah especially, so let’s be real here. 

Pukey girl, I’m not going to be able to watch that all season. She certainly is inexperienced and naive, but i didn’t get the whiny, entitled Jen(from BD original) vibe from her yet. I did get a bit of that from the female deck hand though. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Seriously, the same woman who said she didn’t eat bread when Hannah asked if anyone wanted bread with their dinner was the one who asked for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Yeah, the whole bunch didn't eat carbs .. look at them, they were really svelte, ha ha ha ha ha.  LOW CLASS To boot.

• Love 16