Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

Recommended Posts

did anyone else notice that this is the most we have heard from Judy???? next weeks episode will be interesting, wonder if she will say anything then?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am over this show, but this forum is my everything!

I would like to see the DCC be a little more up to date. You don't have to make extreme changes to make them a little more, I dunno NOW. (sorry head cold, words not my friend). I just feel the team could be a little more dynamic and pow. They seem weighed down in their own history.  For example, tweak the uniform, update the choreography, have a more realistic body image for your team...lots of options. You can't remain "World Class" resting on your legacy. 

Also, I would drive to Dallas just to have drinks with Shelly and Judy. LOVE THEM!

Was Rachel the one who said all routines seem the same. If it was her, good for her for saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, JerseyGirl said:

The show is STILL not up on Amazon or iTunes?!?!?

Is that a bit odd?

Yes it is odd usually it’s up by 6am the next day 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

The show is STILL not up on Amazon or iTunes?!?!?

Is that a bit odd?

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Watching this weeks episode and I’m now beginning to believe the reason the swimsuits and cameo pictures were all so bad is that what we have is a collective eyesight problem.  It started a few episodes ago with “who is that” in the studio and now it’s “this  brunette whoever that is?”  “Is that Brennan I’m watching? Whoever it is they’re hitting it”

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

*thud* Hmmm... I am not surprised at all if this is true!

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

Yeah, someone else made a comment about the editing.  It's recorded on DVR's, was on CMT.com already last night, on YouTube.....to go in and redo a show that has already been seen, that is way too much money.  And for what, a less than 10 second blip at the end?  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am over this show, but this forum is my everything!

I would like to see the DCC be a little more up to date. You don't have to make extreme changes to make them a little more, I dunno NOW. (sorry head cold, words not my friend). I just feel the team could be a little more dynamic and pow. They seem weighed down in their own history.  For example, tweak the uniform, update the choreography, have a more realistic body image for your team...lots of options. You can't remain "World Class" resting on your legacy. 

Also, I would drive to Dallas just to have drinks with Shelly and Judy. LOVE THEM!

I always find it funny when a judge says that someone looks dated on the show because they all do! they're all behind the times in terms of look. it mostly works for them but its still dated

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

Bonus clips appear to be missing too.  Unless there aren't any which I would find odd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I always find it funny when a judge says that someone looks dated on the show because they all do! they're all behind the times in terms of look. it mostly works for them but its still dated

I just didn't get that Grandma Moses remark.  Usually Kitty prefaces her remarks by kind of explaining why she said it, but this was just mean

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Bonus clips appear to be missing too.  Unless there aren't any which I would find odd. 

I see them on the CMT app, but not on the website

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I see them on the CMT app, but not on the website

Gotcha.  I only checked the website.  Good to know so thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Still waiting for epicsode on google play but here is a new pic from today & Miranda’s hair looks wonderful & full.  Not sure why it took them so long to notice they didn’t like her hair.  

Maybe all of the hem hawing around to make cut decisions is because she really knew who needed to go before the others but just couldn’t do it.?

07F35739-7E6C-4659-8E92-A274DC411118.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I always find it funny when a judge says that someone looks dated on the show because they all do! they're all behind the times in terms of look. it mostly works for them but its still dated

Me too - it’s why most everyone looks younger and cuter when they leave the squad and choose their own style.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

Honestly, after my 3rd child I could not lose the weight.  It took me almost a year and a half.  When I did seek out help I didn’t go to someone who has struggled with weight, I went to my Zumba teachers who taught multiple fitness classes.  They are not trained nutritionists but they are in shape and they eat healthy.  I was able to lose weight because they advised me on foods and exercise.  They didn’t have to be trained nutritionist they just live a healthy life style.    

VK is lucky she had a chance to work with Jinelle.  Jinelle is someone who is in shape and lives a healthy lifestyle.  Just because Jinelle is skinny doesn’t mean she has never struggled with weight.  Back in college and early 20s I was skinny but I was not healthy.  I was diet pill after diet pill and not eating enough.  VK was rude to Jinelle!  Look how many girls have been sent to Jay to train.  Is Jay overweight?  no, but he can advise on ways to lose weight.  It’s no different from VK working out with the trainers at the Star.  I don’t see her telling them I don’t think you've ever had a weight problem.  When people want to lose weight they go to the gym and work with trainers but it truly is a lifestyle change.  It’s not eating out, it’s about putting healthy calories in your body.  Uhh, and what erked me the most was VK’s smile about Dayton being cut.  You want a sincere friend look how Heather O talked about how Ally, her best friend, was cut last year.  That is a sincere person, VK does not come across as sincere.  If I was Dayton I would be pissed off seeing that.  On a positive note, I love seeing and being introduced to more rookies. 

I so agree with this. Dedication/passion to living a healthy lifestyle is exactly what VK needed and Jinelle is the perfect person to impart her wisdom. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just didn't get that Grandma Moses remark.  Usually Kitty prefaces her remarks by kind of explaining why she said it, but this was just mean

I see them on the CMT app, but not on the website

it was totally nonsensical too - I've never seena  single picture of Grandma moses iwthout her hair up or very short and always pin perfect. it was just a ridiculous statement said to be cruel

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KatherineB said:

I was shocked when Sydney left to be on the Mavericks dance team.  That was weird.  But, I've tried to find something on this, but does anyone know what happened between K&J and Mackenzi Swicegood?  Seems like I remember there was a lot of bad blood following that.

Never heard anything about Mackenzi. With Sydney it had somethng to do with her being in a movie and playing a DCC. I don't know if it was Kelli not liking the idea or not approving of it. I'm not to sure if that's the reason. Maybe someone else can give more information. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Me too - it’s why most everyone looks younger and cuter when they leave the squad and choose their own style.

first thing most ditch - the too long, wavy extensions. isntantly five pounds lighter, ten years more up to date, and a good few years younger.  I don't care how good quality the hair, you can tell extensions and when they do/don't suit a girl.  the straight centre parting does a lot of the girls (most of them tbh because it's rarely flattering) no favours either. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Never heard anything about Mackenzi. With Sydney it had somethng to do with her being in a movie and playing a DCC. I don't know if it was Kelli not liking the idea or not approving of it. I'm not to sure if that's the reason. Maybe someone else can give more information. 

I just remember something from back when DCCMTT first came on and then a couple seasons later when Mackenzi was gone, I read something about something she did or said that was derogatory about Judy or Kelli or the DCC in general and was asked to resign from the team.  Could have been a rumor, though.  I was only wondering if anyone else had heard something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

Go cry in your pillow then! Sheesh, they don't own CMT. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Also, I would drive to Dallas just to have drinks with Shelly and Judy. LOVE THEM!

I'll split the gas with you! I have such a girl crush on @ShellyB

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

I just remember something from back when DCCMTT first came on and then a couple seasons later when Mackenzi was gone, I read something about something she did or said that was derogatory about Judy or Kelli or the DCC in general and was asked to resign from the team.  Could have been a rumor, though.  I was only wondering if anyone else had heard something like that.

Didn't she move to California for a couple of years when she left the squad?  I thought she just left to go try something new.  I don't remember anything here or on TWOP

Share this post


Link to post

RE: VK and eating not so-good-items - do we know if she still lives at home (ie possibly family is the largest contributor to her foodies) or does she live on her own ?

Share this post


Link to post

I know I've been on a tear here today re: VK and Jinelle but I do think if a viable, helpful opportunity is being offered, it should at least be explored before being blown off.

Just to show I do get eating healthy isn't always as fun as downing a milkshake, I'll leave you with this.  Having owned several Labs, I can assure you they are half goat so if they won't eat it, it must be pretty yucky. :)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I feel bad for the girls when they watch the ep and hear what was really said.  Kitty said Miranda looked like Grandma Moses which was cruel.  She could have just said her hair    needed more layers for better movement.  But no, that would have been too nice

Yes! If you are going to criticize (come sit by me! - so kidding here), do it constructively. That’s what kills me about the way these women communicate with the squad. TELL THEM SPECIFICALLY WHAT IS WRONG. For god sake. They all know how to talk, just tell them what is wrong.

Floppy, noodly, bad feet, not getting noticed. How about movements need to be more precise, your off balance with your feet or your feet are not in the right place, more power in your dance. Then have a vet go over to them and do an 8 count or two and show them what you are referring to. 

Christ it is frustrating to listen to. I can only imagine how the TCC’s feel.

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

They are definitely editing this episode. Spectrum doesn't have it either and my recording of it on my DVR was deleted. 

I still have it on my DVR.

 

1 hour ago, KatherineB said:

But, I've tried to find something on this, but does anyone know what happened between K&J and Mackenzi Swicegood?  Seems like I remember there was a lot of bad blood following that.

Following what?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with those who said that they've gone to their fitness instructors for weight loss tips. If they are the ones in shape and keep staying in shape, I'd absolutely go to them to tell me how to change my lifestyle. And that's what I think Jinelle was to be to Victoria. K&J have said for YEARS, for people to get with vets/Jay/etc for weight loss tips and this time, they handpicked an extra person to help VK and she's like "i doubt you've had weight issues so you can't help me."

No, but she knows what is EXPECTED of the DCC body type and that is something that VK does NOT know in the end. She's never been there before. She THINKS she knew what was expected, but she alas- doesn't.

Also, idk if Judy rolls her eyes for real, but during the office visit exchange preview btw Jinelle and VK, it looks like she's rolling her eyes and I'm like SAME JUDES. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

today when I went to do my daily workout of thunderstruck (the old one) I have found that almost all 14 videos from youtube including the one Lacey's dad posted, have been blocked in this country. ???????   What the........ 

all of the videos of them performing to thunderstruck that is

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I still think Jinelle was not brought in specifically as a fitness or nutrition expert, though I suspect she is knowledgeable in both. The TCC already talked to Jay and that nutrition lady who said stuff to her I suspect.

I think Jinelle was actually brought in to teach Victoria personal structure and discipline which seem inconsistent and are core to solving her training camp and weight issues (weight gain, weird behavior in the office flopping on the desk, etc). I think Jinelles real job was to get her up the maturity curve, without that not sure how the other stuff could be solved.

Kelli referred to Victoria as a beautiful storm in one episode so I don’t think she is completely blind to the chaos and lack of self structure with this girl. Jinelle would be a great role model there if one took advantage...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't she move to California for a couple of years when she left the squad?  I thought she just left to go try something new.  I don't remember anything here or on TWOP

She was on a cheerleading squad for a pro volleyball team.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

She was on a cheerleading squad for pro volleyball teaml.

And I remember her in a commercial

24 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

today when I went to do my daily workout of thunderstruck (the old one) I have found that almost all 14 videos from youtube including the one Lacey's dad posted, have been blocked in this country. ???????   What the........ 

all of the videos of them performing to thunderstruck that is

I blame Victoria:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

It doesn't matter what you think of their choice of who to help you or whether or not you think that person has anything relevant to share with you. You still meet with that person & listen politely to what they have to say because that is what your boss told you to do. 

Can I like your post 1,000 times?! This comment is right on target. Whatever happened to good manners? DCC does not owe it to Victoria to provide a nutritionist. If I told my boss that he owes it to me to provide an expert to help me meet the expectations of my job, he'd laugh in my face.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

This whole scenario makes me think of the '85 movie Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with Sarah Jessica Parker. She was in a dance contest to win a spot on a TV dance show.  There was also a rich girl, whose rich father would do anything to make sure his daughter won that contest.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, bitsy123 said:

I still think Jinelle was not brought in specifically as a fitness or nutrition expert, though I suspect she is knowledgeable in both. The TCC already talked to Jay and that nutrition lady who said stuff to her I suspect.

I think Jinelle was actually brought in to teach Victoria personal structure and discipline which seem inconsistent and are core to solving her training camp and weight issues (weight gain, weird behavior in the office flopping on the desk, etc). I think Jinelles real job was to get her up the maturity curve, without that not sure how the other stuff could be solved.

Kelli referred to Victoria as a beautiful storm in one episode so I don’t think she is completely blind to the chaos and lack of self structure with this girl. Jinelle would be a great role model there if one took advantage...

Plus the fact Jinelle was seeking help from a nutritionist in order to help Victoria. She was not blindly trying to help Victoria on her own.

My endocrinologist told me which calcium supplement I should take because I have Acid Reflux Disease. He does not treat ARD on his own because he is not a gastro specialist, but he does treat patients with osteoporosis, so I completely trust his judgment and did not call him out like Victoria did to Jinelle by saying you have no clue on what calcium supplement to take because you do not have the same digestive issues I have.

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Umm...I can't believe how someone can't see how toxic ratting on teammates would be?

I was saying that sarcastically as though she didn’t actually do it cause it makes no sense in the world that she did that.

I do not believe Victoria ratted on Madeline for the locker thing cause it was 1. the very first night of TC, and 2. Kelli literally said she noticed it herself - that night.   VK wouldn’t have even had time to rat on her cause Kelli already knew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

This whole scenario makes me think of the '85 movie Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with Sarah Jessica Parker. She was in a dance contest to win a spot on a TV dance show.  There was also a rich girl, whose rich father would do anything to make sure his daughter won that contest.

It reminds me of that hilarious movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous" -- Kirstie Alley plays this awful pageant mom to an untalented daughter.  At the end, the daughter gets killed in this ridiculous parade accident, and Kirstie's character is screaming at her dead body "Get up, baby -- we have to go to State!!!!"  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

I was saying that sarcastically as though she didn’t actually do it cause it makes no sense in the world that she did that.

I do not believe Victoria ratted on Madeline for the locker thing cause it was 1. the very first night of TC, and 2. Kelli literally said she noticed it herself - that night.   VK wouldn’t have even had time to rat on her cause Kelli already knew.

When all is said and done, I would not be surprise if Victoria ratted on Madeline on anything. She would rat out her own mother to make the team. Or should I say Tina and Victoria would rat out others for her to make the team.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

Where did you see this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, someone else made a comment about the editing.  It's recorded on DVR's, was on CMT.com already last night, on YouTube.....to go in and redo a show that has already been seen, that is way too much money.  And for what, a less than 10 second blip at the end?  

 

And because TK didn’t like it?  Yeah, right.  I’m sure she doesn’t hold power with CMT.

Edited by VintageJ · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, VintageJ said:

And because TK didn’t like it?  Yeah, righ.  I’m sure she doesn’t hold power with CMT.

If Amy R. in Season 5 was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown, and Erica was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown last year, I think TK may be pulling some stuff to make it look like Victoria is a victim instead of the person who caused her cut in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Amy R. in Season 5 was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown, and Erica was able to prevent her cut scene from being shown last year, I think TK may be pulling some stuff to make it look like Victoria is a victim instead of the person who caused her cut in the first place.

Now didn't someone say that there was no cut scene for Erica cause by that point, K&J were just tired of all the drama?  And I just finished the ep on Amazon - same as last night, nothing cut or changed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I was saying that sarcastically as though she didn’t actually do it cause it makes no sense in the world that she did that.

I do not believe Victoria ratted on Madeline for the locker thing cause it was 1. the very first night of TC, and 2. Kelli literally said she noticed it herself - that night.   VK wouldn’t have even had time to rat on her cause Kelli already knew.

I started to reply to explain why I responded as I did but now think there's no point.  You have your views on VK, I have mine.  We are never going to agree and as I've stated numerous times, that's okay.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Can I like your post 1,000 times?! This comment is right on target. Whatever happened to good manners? DCC does not owe it to Victoria to provide a nutritionist. If I told my boss that he owes it to me to provide an expert to help me meet the expectations of my job, he'd laugh in my face.

and if you have an issue with who they chose, you RAISE IT AT THE TIME. you don't just pull YET. ANOTHER. LAME. EXCUSE. out your ass at the last second to try and save yourself again. never not done with excuses and overacting is out little VK

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the delay (probably not), but apparently the Kalina's were NOT happy with the previews for next week that were shown last night.  They expected certain things to not be shown . . .  

Is their home bugged?  Or is their household help feeding instant info to someone?

I don’t understand how so many people instantly know how the Kalinas have reacted to certain things like a show that aired less than 24 hours ago - especially people who clearly don’t like them/aren’t their friends.

Many also seem to be privy to many conversations beteeen VK and TK and Kelli that you would assume are very private.  Like VK and TK allegedly ratting on other girls.

Or maybe it’s Kelli’s office or home that is bugged or leaking info.

If I were Kelli and I was reading this board and even one tenth of this stuff is true, I’d be looking very suspiciously at those close to me for a rat. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MyFavShows said:

Is their home bugged?  Or is their household help feeding instant info to someone?

I don’t understand how so many people instantly know how the Kalinas have reacted to certain things like a show that aired less than 24 hours ago - especially people who clearly don’t like them/aren’t their friends.

Many also seem to be privy to many conversations beteeen VK and TK and Kelli that you would assume are very private.  Like VK and TK allegedly ratting in other girls.

Or maybe it’s Kelli’s office or home thet is bugged or leaking info.

If I were Kelli and I was reading this board and even one tenth of this stuff is true, I’d be looking very suspiciously at those close to me for a rat. 

I have to wonder how Shelly keeps her cool on here cause some of this stuff that supposedly "told by sources" is egregious 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, soapmaniac22 said:

WOOF THE PREVIEW EXCHANGE BTW JINELLE AND VICTORIA.

 

yes, Jinelle May have never had a weight problem- but she sure as heck knows what it takes to be a DCC and if she’s offering ANY HELP- you better take it. Especially if her entire summer is going to revolve around you losing weight. VK wasting the DCCs time

IMO, VK does not stand a chance against Jinelle, she walks on water!! K&J LOVE Jinelle and did not want her to retire so it seems like they found her other stuff to do for the organization, and there was no way in hell they were going to believe VK over Jinelle!! 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size