Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Who would we nominate to take over as DCC Director?  

I would vote Judy if only because she would put dance over everything else (not that everything else isn't important, but I think she is more attuned with the "world class" ideal.)

I want to see Judy take the lead and Kelli have to sit there and not say anything like Judy does now (& I just read somewhere that Judy said Kelli kicks her under the table when she doesn't want her to say anything ? -- I want Judy to get the chance to kick Kelli). ?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

VK got so much attention it reminded me of the dreaded Season 8 aka the Morgan Saga. I hope CMT, Kelli and Charlotte had learn their lesson in Season 8 about focusing on one girl too much, but when Season 9 came around and it became Melissa the Mentor pushing for Breelan to make the team, I lost all hope. I hate to think what will happen if Victoria tries out again next year.

Geez, Morgan was so annoying and whiny. She was ridiculous. Breelan I liked. Her segments did not bother me, but I hated how Melissa found all of these ways to make Breelan emotionally break down and then pretty much tell her not to cry. That sucked. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I was referring to the race life circles. It changes them. Honestly, if you saw what they face as far as the environment you'd get it. Each on their own act completely different than when in a group. They have good reason to be guarded. I am not a personal friend, my contact was professional only. I am just glad Briana is with a group that knows how to weather the storms together. I no longer handle projects for that race group. 

You know that has me wondering. Have any of the DCC gone on to marry players? I imagine the answers belong in Former DCC, Since I am still new, can someone let me know where to find that? Curious...

Oh okay. I misunderstood what you were saying so I apologize. 

Paige Elaine (cheered 2013-15) is married Cowboys player, Jeff Heath, and they're expecting their first child.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
3 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Amen, Amen, and Amen.

Add Kitty becomes mute, so Jinelle replaces her as technical coach, and you've got a deal.

Who do I have to pay and/or sleep with to have this happen?!

• Love 11

I don't get the Kelli hate.  OK she wasn't so great this season based on her favoring VK so much.  But what really shocked me is I've always thought Kitty had (overly harsh) but accurate critiques.  Then this season she seemed to lose ALL credibility 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Lauren looks really small in the squad photo, like a Skipper doll in a sea of Barbies. 

Oh my gosh! She DOES!

They just need to crank her arm and she'll grow a few inches. ;-)

• Love 3

I think Cianna and Daphne could have point in the future.  I adore Ashlee.  But I also love Gabby, Hannah, Alanna, Briana!

Taylor and Rookie Rachel I'm not so into.  Don't really care for Caroline but I don't feel I got to know her this season at all.

Edited by pisces125
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I don't get the Kelli hate.  OK she wasn't so great this season based on her favoring VK so much.  But what really shocked me is I've always thought Kitty had (overly harsh) but accurate critiques.  Then this season she seemed to lose ALL credibility 

I think "hate" of Kelli maybe a mischaracterization.  I think what people are frustrated with is the idea that this heretofore strong-willed woman who is all about the "world-class mantra" became a gutless wonder and showed an incredible lack of judgment in picking TCC candidates (I am sorry folks Melana should never have made into camp), keeping VK when she had long since worn out her welcome and cutting Tara and keeping Christine.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

I think "hate" of Kelli maybe a mischaracterization.  I think what people are frustrated with is the idea that this heretofore strong-willed woman who is all about the "world-class mantra" became a gutless wonder because she showed an incredible lack of judgment in picking TCC candidates (I sorry folks Melana should never have made into camp), keeping VK when she had long worn out her welcome and cutting Tara and keeping Christine.

ok, I get your point.  I saw Kitty singling out Tara but I guess it is true that in the end Kelli is the one who decided to cut her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I was referring to the race life circles. It changes them. Honestly, if you saw what they face as far as the environment you'd get it. Each on their own act completely different than when in a group. They have good reason to be guarded. I am not a personal friend, my contact was professional only. I am just glad Briana is with a group that knows how to weather the storms together. I no longer handle projects for that race group. 

You know that has me wondering. Have any of the DCC gone on to marry players? I imagine the answers belong in Former DCC, Since I am still new, can someone let me know where to find that? Curious...

Thank you for sharing that about Briana. I have been very curious about her since she tried out last year. My husband and I lived in Nashville from 2003-2005 when he was in law school and became Titans fans. We are from Atlanta, where the Falcons have a very lackluster fan base. When we lived in Nashville, the whole town went nuts on game day despite the fact their record was often worse than the Falcons' record. We liked Coach Jeff Fisher a lot, too. We are still Titans fans even though we moved back to Atlanta. I have been rooting for Briana to make DCC and was so glad she did. She seems like a genuinely nice person so I'm glad all that hard work paid off for her.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I think "hate" of Kelli maybe a mischaracterization.  I think what people are frustrated with is the idea that this heretofore strong-willed woman who is all about the "world-class mantra" became a gutless wonder and showed an incredible lack of judgment in picking TCC candidates (I am sorry folks Melana should never have made into camp), keeping VK when she had long since worn out her welcome and cutting Tara and keeping Christine.

This. I don't hate Kelli Finglass. I think she's an ineffective leader who should be replaced. 

And it's not just this season. This season just highlighted it the most. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jasmine is back in prep classes as is Lily. I'd also pick a girl or two who made finals but not TCC. And then maybe Tara, if she plans to come back. 

How great would it be if you were talking about Jasmine Goode?

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelli isnt going anywhere anytime soon. The Jones Family are happy with her and she just turned 50 so nowhere near retirement.

And Jinelle and Jenn Amburn will be long gone by the time Kelli is ready to retire. I can see Jenn throwing her hat back in the ring for the job, but I don't think she will still be working for the DCC 10-15 years from now. The one person I will be shocked NOT to see when the time comes to choose a successor is Jackie Bob Pearson. This industry seems to be her life.

2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Breelan I liked. Her segments did not bother me, but I hated how Melissa found all of these ways to make Breelan emotionally break down and then pretty much tell her not to cry. That sucked. 

I like Melissa and I don't remember her being manipulative in that way. I'll have to re-watch that season. If that's really the case, it will change the way I feel about MRS.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

And Jinelle and Jenn Amburn will be long gone by the time Kelli is ready to retire.

I like Melissa and I don't remember her being manipulative in that way. I'll have to re-watch that season. If that's really the case, it will change the way I feel about MRS.

I thought Melissa segments were interesting and gave us another look at the girls UNTIL this season.  This season, Melissa irritated me.  It seemed like she was trying too hard to make sure she was featured, like when she kept talking about the girls' abs during SG auditions.  Yes most of the girls are in great shape... it's time for you to be a judge, not time for you to make jokes about how you want abs

Edited by pisces125
typo
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

And Jinelle and Jenn Amburn will be long gone by the time Kelli is ready to retire.

UGH!!! I do not think Jasmine Goode would be trying to make the team again. Her actions since she was cut would not please Kelli and Charlotte. I could never understand her appeal.

Melissa was going along with what CMT wanted her to in Season 9 because I seriously doubt she came up with the Breelan will be my pet project the first year I am a mentor. CMT probably picked the girls she was "mentoring" I also think it was more CMT wanting Melissa to be the mentor more than Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte.

16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here are the eleven girls that I hope to see again next year...

2018-10-27 (18).png

Hanna is on the Mavs.  I wonder if she'll stay for another year (if she makes it back) or try for the DCC again.

12 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Hanna is on the Mavs.  I wonder if she'll stay for another year (if she makes it back) or try for the DCC again.

Don't the Mavs have some kind of rule that if you make their team you can't try out and jump to another team?

18 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m late buut I’d say Heather, Kash and Bridget.

I hope she doesn’t to be honest. If they had invested less time to VK, they could have talked to her about her lack of power. She wasn’t cut earlier so it wasn’t as severe as let’s say Savanah’s issues last year. She could have improved. And actually, had VK managed her weight, Lily would again be cut to make room for her (without explanation)along with someone else. She can do better.

I also think Savanah will get cut next season if she re-auditions.

I think she was being primed because she was the only veteran who had power and good technique. Her facials are terrible and there’s nothing she can do about it, so I can see another Holly H. situation. And I think Bridget ot Jalyn will end up in the triangle. Although if they get a lot quickly, neither will last long on the team.

She looks like a different person...

One of Jaylyns  eyes look bigger than the other in the DCC pic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

And Jinelle and Jenn Amburn will be long gone by the time Kelli is ready to retire. I can see Jenn throwing her hat back in the ring for the job, but I don't think she will still be working for the DCC 10-15 years from now. The one person I will be shocked NOT to see when the time comes to choose a successor is Jackie Bob Pearson. This industry seems to be her life.

YES TO JACKIE BOB. Business sense, pro cheer experience with multiple teams, maturity, she could do it. 

• Love 7
On 10/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, LynneH said:

I've been looking at the cameos and just have to ask...What is going on with the huge sleeves?

Compare Amy's sleeve (which I think looks good) compared to others.

image.png.838e25962ee53fa375210c93e3cc46e6.png
image.png.93c2b8b7a7f4163057ac427ba68d994a.png
image.png.3cb3d8e851b89b037fa522f786cdd736.png

Yikes! And after all that constant reminding us that each girl's uniform is tailored specifically to her measurements and body type. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

Don't the Mavs have some kind of rule that if you make their team you can't try out and jump to another team?

That’s what I heard i think their contract is from July -July so you would be basically breaking contract and Mallory doesn’t like that 

• Love 1

I had to wait and watch the finale on the CMT app. I tried to watch the show in real time but every 4 seconds the audio would go out and it was so annoying and I couldn't figure out what was being said so I gave up. Melena's cut was hard to watch. They did her a disservices keeping her that long and getting her hopes up. And Lily....are you kidding me? I can't believe they cut her when she was never called into the office. I could read Lily's mind. So not fair for VK to get 4 or 5 office visits and Lily didn't have any before her cut. She can't improve on something if she's unaware she needs to fix it. 

I have a question. Does anyone know out of the rookie class, how many of them made the team on their first attempt? 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I had to wait and watch the finale on the CMT app. I tried to watch the show in real time but every 4 seconds the audio would go out and it was so annoying and I couldn't figure out what was being said so I gave up. Melena's cut was hard to watch. They did her a disservices keeping her that long and getting her hopes up. And Lily....are you kidding me? I can't believe they cut her when she was never called into the office. I could read Lily's mind. So not fair for VK to get 4 or 5 office visits and Lily didn't have any before her cut. She can't improve on something if she's unaware she needs to fix it. 

I have a question. Does anyone know out of the rookie class, how many of them made the team on their first attempt? 

I think it's 11:

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Gabby, Jalyn, Rachel & Taylor

The other 5 tried out more than once:

Brennan, Briana, Erin, Hannah & Madeline

(Someone correct me if it's not right...)

Edited by Tootie
Just now, Tootie said:

I think it's 11:

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Gabby, Jalyn, Rachel Taylor

Brennan, Briana, Erin, Hannah, Madeline

I was just about to say the same thing when you beat me to it.  I'm glad that all five of the returning girls listed made it, especially Brennan.  She earned it with her hard work, determination, maturity and personality. 

• Love 5

Does anyone else think that Amy and Heather may retire after this season?  I just get those vibes.  I think it could be Lexie's last season too.  I think she gets married in May next year.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m late buut I’d say Heather, Kash and Bridget.

I hope she doesn’t to be honest. If they had invested less time to VK, they could have talked to her about her lack of power. She wasn’t cut earlier so it wasn’t as severe as let’s say Savanah’s issues last year. She could have improved. And actually, had VK managed her weight, Lily would again be cut to make room for her (without explanation)along with someone else. She can do better.

I also think Savanah will get cut next season if she re-auditions.

I think she was being primed because she was the only veteran who had power and good technique. Her facials are terrible and there’s nothing she can do about it, so I can see another Holly H. situation. And I think Bridget ot Jalyn will end up in the triangle. Although if they get a lot quickly, neither will last long on the team.

She looks like a different person...

She looked better before! Ugh, the middle part. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I have a question for those who know how to freeze frame and catch the moments people like me miss.

But when they announced the group leaders, at one point after a dancing clip, Lacy looked nearly over the moon. She had lead the dance in the clip, Kash was behind her. It almost made me think initially she may have thought being GL 1 would mean she was point. Maybe I am getting things confused. But she seemed so happy,  AM I crazy? (Ah second hand, don't answer that part of the question)

Someone else with real knowledge will need to answer. I THINK I remember someone saying that group 1 leader was coveted because it was the highest rank in terms of leadership. Not sure group 1 leaders have ever been automatically point - but it's still great to be a GL.

Honestly I could have that all wrong...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

This happened to me too! 

6 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Thank you for sharing that about Briana. I have been very curious about her since she tried out last year. My husband and I lived in Nashville from 2003-2005 when he was in law school and became Titans fans. We are from Atlanta, where the Falcons have a very lackluster fan base. When we lived in Nashville, the whole town went nuts on game day despite the fact their record was often worse than the Falcons' record. We liked Coach Jeff Fisher a lot, too. We are still Titans fans even though we moved back to Atlanta. I have been rooting for Briana to make DCC and was so glad she did. She seems like a genuinely nice person so I'm glad all that hard work paid off for her.

Saints fan here. This made me lol. 

• Love 1
On 10/23/2018 at 7:35 PM, Jennv said:

Any guesses as to who will be a "one and done"?

Honestly I can see Caroline and Amber possibly being one and done. Yes I know amber is on show group but yeah that’s my guess 

7 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

We are from Atlanta, where the Falcons have a very lackluster fan base.

What do you mean? I have to disagree because  I live in metro Atlanta (ten years now) and although I’m a Cowboys fan the Falcons have a very loyal and enthusiastic fanbase . There are surprisingly a great number of Cowboys fans in Georgia though. 

6 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

Honestly I can see Caroline and Amber possibly being one and done. Yes I know amber is on show group but yeah that’s my guess 

What do you mean? I have to disagree because  I live in metro Atlanta (ten years now) and although I’m a Cowboys fan the Falcons have a very loyal and enthusiastic fanbase . There are surprisingly a great number of Cowboys fans in Georgia though. 

I quoted @ATLGirl, so you’ll have to ask her. :)

8 hours ago, pisces125 said:

I thought Melissa segments were interesting and gave us another look at the girls UNTIL this season.  This season, Melissa irritated me.  It seemed like she was trying too hard to make sure she was featured, like when she kept talking about the girls' abs during SG auditions.  Yes most of the girls are in great shape... it's time for you to be a judge, not time for you to make jokes about how you want abs

I did like her segments better this year - group sessions, coaching rather than the lame mentoring sessions of the past.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Wait, i missed something. Where's Brianna?

Silly question here, but--girls identified as "strugglers" with memory of choreography--how frustrated or envious are they (as a dancer) not to just be able to "get it" like the others can?  For instance, Gina obviously has an excellent memory and style.   Another girl may have trouble with putting all the moves together and just doesn't remember as easily.  Both been dancing all their lives.  How do the girls that don't have this ability keep from beating themselves up mentally? 

I know they are mostly supportive of each other, but how does one girl who just isn't as good deal with the fact that she just "isn't as good?" 

10 hours ago, Tootie said:

I think it's 11:

Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Daphne, Gabby, Jalyn, Rachel & Taylor

On a recent rewatch of season 10, I'm pretty sure I saw Amber in the audience! :) if it wasn't her it was her doppelganger lol! And I always assumed Gabby was a repeat auditioner, but I wouldn't be totally sure unless I looked at her instagram! :) But I'm almost positive that was Amber...I also spotted a LOT of future TCCs and DCCs in season 10's auditions! It never fails to amaze me how many girls have tried out more than once before making it! :) 

• Love 2

So they fixed the Maddie’s pic showing up for both her & Madeline problem & replaces it work the a Madeline’s pic showing up for them both??  I swear it was the other way around a couple days ago ????

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

Atlanta pro teams, mainly the Falcons and Hawks, have a long held reputation of having fair weather fans who only suppprt the teams when they’re doing well. I live in Atlanta as well, though I didn’t grow up here. I attend a decent amount of Falcons games, so I agree that the falcons have a ton of loyal fans. I think the reputation is outdated but it’s there, especially compared to a team like the Saints where NOLA is known to support the team whether they’re in contention for the playoffs or being called the Aints by other NFL fans.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I want to see Judy take the lead and Kelli have to sit there and not say anything like Judy does now (& I just read somewhere that Judy said Kelli kicks her under the table when she doesn't want her to say anything ? -- I want Judy to get the chance to kick Kelli). ?

Judy just said that Kelli kicks her under the table on the last podcast they did. If you didn’t catch the pod cast it was very informative and you got to see a personal side of the both of them, which I enjoyed.   Here is the link if interested. 

http://bit.ly/2OdYI1o

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Tootie said:

I think it's 11:

Are Alanna,  Briana, Cianna,  Jaylyn, Hannah, and Bridget the only rookies who danced / cheered on another pro team before DCC?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3