Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Really? She’s awful? She’s an awful dancer?  DCC style is definitely not her best strength, but she’s not awful. She’s slightly better than some of the rookies they put on the team last year. 

Y’all gotta get over this legacy bullshit. That’s the way the world works. Plus it’s not Victoria’s fault.... IF she in fact is let through to finals after bombing last week, and then training camp, and ultimately the team and truly isn’t a good dancer, then y’all have no one to blame but Kelli Finglass. 

Really? You spoke with the judges?

24msza1.gif

Edited by Raccoon
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

At this point though, I’m almost rooting for her just because I feel like the criticism is completely unwarranted at this point. She may have an amazing solo. She may be great in panel interviews....but if she’s awful at everything and still makes it, well then that’s on the people who pick the team.

Yeah, I think I’ll be team VK for now as well, just because there’s so much unwarranted, in my opinion, criticism. I rooted for Tasha the year she tried out because everyone hated her too. Turned out ok. ?

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Well, several of the judges were concerned about her weight as well but were told that the decision to take her to finals wasn't up for discussion.

Interesting - how do you know? 

Anyone got any sense of how much say CMT have in terms of who makes it to finals? I feel that they would want as many legacy storylines and less simple story lines as possible at least for the finals episode if not for TCC.

Edited by dccfangirl
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't know why this just now occurred to me, but maybe she made her way up front all the time to get a clear view of herself in the mirror to see how she's doing.  Maybe she got there super early to get a spot in front & didn't waltz up there like she was entitled to it.I

Every dancer should fight to dance in the front. Every dancer I’ve ever known wants to dance in the front, including my 7 year old. She wasn’t acting entitled, she’s a dancer. Wallflowers or blenders need not apply. Be fierce.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Every dancer I’ve ever known wants to dance in the front, including my 7 year old

Sorry for my off-topic comment, but I hope she enjoys Camp DCC this year, even without Jinelle!

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Interesting - how do you know? 

Anyone got any sense of how much say CMT have in terms of who makes it to finals? I feel that they would want as many legacy storylines and less simple story lines as possible at least for the finals episode if not for TCC.

I think CMT does play a small role in who makes it to finals, but who does and does not in my opinion, falls on Kelli and Charlotte. Just like the girls who go to Mentor Melissa's sessions. I do not buy the fact Kelli sends them to her. I think it has CMT written all over it because who wants the girls who are doing well by Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte standards when you can have Savannah, Christina, Breelan her Season 9 pet project, Calia and yes even Vivian going to see her aka ratings and drama. I bet if CMT had a choice they would have had Jenna, Holly and Erica see her too because of all the drama the three of them were bringing to the show.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Basically how I feel. I don’t know her, so perhaps she’s a huge brat, and from what I’ve seen of her dancing, I’m not super impressed (that’s true of some returning vets as well?. At this point though, I’m almost rooting for her just because I feel like the criticism is completely unwarranted at this point. She may have an amazing solo. She may be great in panel interviews....but if she’s awful at everything and still makes it, well then that’s on the people who pick the team.

I’m kind of hoping she will be a huge brat. That’s always so much more fun to watch. But I would be ok with her being the bomb.com too. Either way, it should be entertaining. Dayton is going to stay in the back. Victoria will be a show one way or the other. She just has a huge personality.

• Love 9

I'm coming to terms with Victoria making it to Finals and I do realize that whether or not she made it on her own is none of my business.  Thus, I will wait until she proves herself either to be a wonderful dancer with a great personality, a wonderful dancer with a horrible personality, an okay dancer with either type personality, a bad dancer with a great personality, or a spoiled brat that can't dance and only made it because of her mom and Kelli's friendship (and for the CMT drama).

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kayce said:

LMAO at "thutt"...I completely forgot about Kelli making that comment!!!  And yes GO BRENNAN!!! We love you!

I wish my trunk junk looked like hers!! :) 

I kind of wondered that myself....How do we know what the judges said? Was someone present in the room when the "going to finals isn't up for discussion" comment re: Victoria was made?? Or is this simply hear say? I don't know where the original thread regarding the comment started, but I'm sure not buying into the furor until I hear it myself.  

I remember the original thread and ignored it knowing it was to stir up reaction and what is sad is that it actually did.  I am not trying to call out anyone just want other posters to not be so quick to jump on the "hate" band wagon.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Do we know what time interviews are? I'm guessing they're going on all day. Any pics yet?

Just happened to see this pic of Dayton.  Gorgeous color on her and I hope her panel interview went better for her this year. 

• Love 20
Just now, go4luca said:

Just happened to see this pic of Dayton.  Gorgeous color on her and I hope her panel interview went better for her this year. 

i LOVEEEE her outfit! That dress is age appropriate but so classy and those shoessss <3 

I hope it went better for her too. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She looks beautiful! Good luck to her!! I'm rooting for her

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i LOVEEEE her outfit! That dress is age appropriate but so classy and those shoessss <3 

She looks gorgeous in that dress!  I hope she knocked her interview out of the park!

• Love 7

Ok I did some Instagram stalking because I’m way out of the loop and I have to say.... I get the Victoria kalina hate. Her dancing (were talking dcc standards here) is verrryyyy basic. No style. And mind you these are the videos she posts which means she must think they’re great. 

Now Dayton on the other hand. Dance wise I think she’s pretty good. Look wise, hmm. She’s very cute. Little thick in middle. Once again, dcc standards. In the normal world I’d say she looks great. 

• Love 4

My question as a former dancer and now a basketball mom, is if Victoria is pushing her way to the front, why are the other people there letting her? Sometimes you have to get there early, establish your spot and hold your ground, because if you don't, somebody who wants it more will.

• Love 1

I’m surprised to see Brennan again, I felt like if she didn’t make it last year, she was never going to make it. 

Happy to see Dayton again!

So LSU girl from last year didn’t come back? I don’t see her in any photos. 

34 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Ok I did some Instagram stalking because I’m way out of the loop and I have to say.... I get the Victoria kalina hate. Her dancing (were talking dcc standards here) is verrryyyy basic. No style. And mind you these are the videos she posts which means she must think they’re great. 

Now Dayton on the other hand. Dance wise I think she’s pretty good. Look wise, hmm. She’s very cute. Little thick in middle. Once again, dcc standards. In the normal world I’d say she looks great. 

Well that's what I was saying. Maybe awful was too strong of a word, but again: she has been going to prep classes for two years and she's still not good. I don't get if she's good in other styles, all the girls trying out and being cut from tc are amazing dancers. They still get cut if they can't dance dcc style.

and back on auditions: i love interviews day just because i love seeing all the outfits!

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Awe... she looks great! I really hope that she makes it this year. I really like Dayton

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

My question as a former dancer and now a basketball mom, is if Victoria is pushing her way to the front, why are the other people there letting her? Sometimes you have to get there early, establish your spot and hold your ground, because if you don't, somebody who wants it more will.

I doubt they let her, but wouldn't be surprised if whoever was leading the class wasn't paying attention and just redistributed people to make the lines more even.  Frankly, in a lot of those classes, there were FAR too many people performing at once.  Do maybe 10 people at a time in two staggered rows of 5 each so the ones performing can see what's going on in the mirror, but and the ones not dancing can see how others are performing the routine, maybe pick up a few things stylewise or see what NOT to do.  While a lot of dancers want to be in the front (and even the center point of the line), sometimes they're in the back for a reason.  Very few reasons, like height, are under a dancer's control, but the rest (technique needs work, behavior issues, not picking up the choreography quick enough) are and can be fixed if the dancer REALLY works at it.  If a dancer STILL pushes forward (and is specifically told NOT to do so), that is a behavior issue and could (should) be disciplined.  From what I remember of Victoria's performing, she doesn't yet have the technique to be in the front line, much less at the DCC auditions, but I'll shut my mouth (and keep my fingers from typing the words my brain is shouting) for now.

I LOVED Dayton's dress.  It's such a cute cut and color on her and the SHOES!  Adorbs. Crossing my fingers she did exceptionally well this time around and makes it to TC this year.  I love seeing the outfits and trying to figure out which outfit(s) the judges will hate and which one(s) they'll love.

Edited by EricaShadows

I  gotta say - I am really really rooting for Dayton this year! She looked DA BOMB in that picture and she's clearly worked so hard and it really takes guts to come back after such a public rejection.

I also really appreciate @ShellyB and the fact she takes time to answer our questions and hope she gets to celebrate with Dayton as they both really deserve that joy.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Yea!!  Whose instagram did you get it from?

A lucky find and not one I can share.  Otherwise they may go on lockdown.  I'm sorry, but hope you can understand. :)

(as it is, I took a risk sharing it b/c we know this forum is read by one and all)

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

A lucky find and not one I can share.  Otherwise they may go on lockdown.  I'm sorry, but hope you can understand. :)

(as it is, I took a risk sharing it b/c we know this forum is read by one and all)

That's okay!  Just keep sharing (covertly) what you can! lol

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

That's okay!  Just keep sharing (covertly) what you can! lol

Thanks for being so cool about it and yes, as long as I have access, I will share what I can!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I doubt they let her, but wouldn't be surprised if whoever was leading the class wasn't paying attention and just redistributed people to make the lines more even.  Frankly, in a lot of those classes, there were FAR too many people performing at once.  Do maybe 10 people at a time in two staggered rows of 5 each so the ones performing can see what's going on in the mirror, but and the ones not dancing can see how others are performing the routine, maybe pick up a few things stylewise or see what NOT to do.  While a lot of dancers want to be in the front (and even the center point of the line), sometimes they're in the back for a reason.  Very few reasons, like height, are under a dancer's control, but the rest (technique needs work, behavior issues, not picking up the choreography quick enough) are and can be fixed if the dancer REALLY works at it.  If a dancer STILL pushes forward (and is specifically told NOT to do so), that is a behavior issue and could (should) be disciplined.  From what I remember of Victoria's performing, she doesn't yet have the technique to be in the front line, much less at the DCC auditions, but I'll shut my mouth (and keep my fingers from typing the words my brain is shouting) for now.

I LOVED Dayton's dress.  It's such a cute cut and color on her and the SHOES!  Adorbs. Crossing my fingers she did exceptionally well this time around and makes it to TC this year.  I love seeing the outfits and trying to figure out which outfit(s) the judges will hate and which one(s) they'll love.

Those open call, pay at the door classes usually don't have anyone arranging them. It's show up, pay in cash, find a spot. Sometimes they'll herd 10 or so at a time to do a combo, but there aren't set formations, because they're doing a different dance every week. If Victoria is front and center, it's because she's put herself there. Don't doubt for a minute a Holly, Jenna, Erica or Kashara wouldn't maneuver themselves front and center.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I hope this is Brennan's year

Me too and earlier I was one who said I didn't think she had the facials.  But per her posted audition pics this year, I've been really impressed.  She looks strong, confident and like a DCC.  I'm hoping her dancing has progressed so she can relax, sell it and have fun.

• Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Me too and earlier I was one who said I didn't think she had the facials.  But per her posted audition pics this year, I've been really impressed.  She looks strong, confident and like a DCC.  I'm hoping her dancing has progressed so she can relax, sell it and have fun.

She’s also had good face in auditions last year, and lost them as soon as she got into the studio. I’m rootin for her though. I’m sick of these children. I like when they are in their20’s, not 18,19, 20

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 11

I think Brennan looked great, but I still say that they should not take her to TC if they don't plan on putting her on the team. I can't comment on dancing, because I haven't seen it this year. But figure wise, and her outfit was rocking. I just hesitate for her to get her hopes up because some of the things they criticized about her she can't really change - her look. 

Dayton looked so good, that dress is amazing on her and the perfect color. 

So far I haven't seen any hideous fashion choices in the pictures posted.   

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She’s also had good face in auditions last year, and lost them as soon as she got into the studio.

Unfortunately, that's the 1st thing that came to my mind :(

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Unfortunately, that's the 1st thing that came to my mind :(

It did to me too.  That's why I said I hope she can relax and have fun this time around.  The ball's in her court.  But for the time being, I'm rooting for her.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Exmajorette said:

Longtime lurker, newbie here!  Hello, everyone!

I love Brennan!  Does she remind anyone else of Amy Poehler, just a little bit?

I can see it :) 

• Love 1

I added Brennan to the list. Can someone fact check me? Was she in TC 2016 and 2017, or was 2017 her first time in training camp and she didn't get any further than finalist in 2016?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I added Brennan to the list. Can someone fact check me? Was she in TC 2016 and 2017, or was 2017 her first time in training camp and she didn't get any further than finalist in 2016?

She was IN training camp both years.  In 2016, she was the 7th cut out of 10.  In 2017, she was the 6th cut out of 8 (in between Holly & Erica!)

• Love 1