Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I don't know if this should go here or another section (please move or let me know and I'll move it if necessary), but Kristi Scales posted an article on 5pointsblue about Auditions Rounds 1 & 2 (link here: http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-auditions-by-the-numbers/)  There was a girl from Japan as well as one from Cameroon.  The article mentioned that 99 girls made it to round 2 out of 400+ applicants.  Notice they didn't say how many actually showed up for round 1.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Notice they didn't say how many actually showed up for round 1.

I noticed in the PDC galleries from prelims, most of the girls in the photos are the girls we knew about. Is that because those are the most photogenic? Or because there weren't that many women there to photograph?

Where is the media coverage this year? Was there anything in local media? You'd think they'd get a mention or two. As it stands, it looks like the photos on DCC social media are photos taken by the same guy who shot the PDC galleries. Were there no other photographers there? I'm really disappointed in the lack of coverage this year. Did CMT make them shut everyone else out? Or is it lack of interest?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I noticed in the PDC galleries from prelims, most of the girls in the photos are the girls we knew about. Is that because those are the most photogenic? Or because there weren't that many women there to photograph?

Where is the media coverage this year? Was there anything in local media? You'd think they'd get a mention or two. As it stands, it looks like the photos on DCC social media are photos taken by the same guy who shot the PDC galleries. Were there no other photographers there? I'm really disappointed in the lack of coverage this year. Did CMT make them shut everyone else out? Or is it lack of interest?

PDC were the only photographers allowed.  Looks like they didn't let him post the pix of the finalists.  I liked how they posted them last year the ones Shelly took.

Edited by 5678Pixie
3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

PDC were the only photographers allowed.  Looks like they didn't let him post the pix of the finalists.  

What a terrible idea to shut out the media. This show will be over sooner rather than later, and by then, when CMT is gone and they want the media to be there, the media won't care to cover it anymore. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Really? She looks tiny to me!

To me Allie was the heaviest-looking to ever audition.

rachel2dcc.jpg

racheldcc.jpg

alliedcc.jpg

Rachel looks amazing. She definitely worked hard on her figure this past year. She won’t get cut for weight unless she eats a lot of cheeseburgers before Friday.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Poor Christi -- butterface!  And I think Victoria looks a little heavy, especially in her rear end, but given how fat her mom is, she probably can't help it.

Agree on all of this.  

9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I guess I am topic subject dense because I am already confused about what to post where with the new topics and rules thereof.

9 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Can someone please point me to the list of confirmed finalists!? Pleeeeze ????

For the basic who made it, who got cut, who quit etc (the just facts portion) see Finals and Training Camp Spoilers Only topic. That topic is just for listing who made it/who didn't/unsure status but tried out. No discussion, just basic facts. Since it was being filmed for the show, it would be considered spoilers.

This topic is for discussion of the spoilers/list info and the social media it appears in. (Well, not a debate about which is better Snapchat or Instagram, but the information comes from various sources of social media and linking/posting that is fine here.)

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Why do we still not know about Brennan?? I love her!!!

She’s not overly active on social media, and no one tagged her in a picture with “the letter” so it’s still up in the air! I hope we see her in an interview lobby picture today!! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm pulling for these two Kentucky gals!! I think it would be awesome to have a trio from my state on the squad :) 

• Love 3
(edited)

Is Victoria beautiful enough to be a DCC?  Absolutely!  The same with Dayton.  They are both very good looking young women, and fall squarely within the range of attractiveness and healthy figures represented by the current squad.  

I liked TCC Chandler very much, thought she had a perfect, petite figure, and a positive personality, so I understand why some were irritated by Tina's seemingly gratuitous comment on a nice young lady.  But Victoria is not Tina, she is her own person, and we should not project any animosity for the mother onto the daughter.  

I see this sometimes in parenting IRL btw, parents who belittle, slight, or affirmatively hurt or hinder another person's child, just because they cannot stand the parent or feel competitive with them.  (Including the threat of a lawsuit against a school unless another child was named co-valedictorian -- not involving me).

We are the adults in the room.  Whatever our feelings about any candidate's parents may be, let's keep the gratuitous insults out of it, and let these young ladies stand or fall on their own merits.

I would also like to see Brennan make it into training camp and onto the team, but I think the fact that no one has yet come on here to say that she made it to finals (as they have for other candidates) is not a good sign.  If that is the case then Kelli and Judy, viewing it generously, made a difficult decision to be respectful of Brennan and her time.  If so, I hope they will edit out her footage from the upcoming season.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 20
(edited)
16 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

She’s not overly active on social media, and no one tagged her in a picture with “the letter” so it’s still up in the air! I hope we see her in an interview lobby picture today!! 

Me too...my fingers are crossed!

5 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Is Victoria beautiful enough to be a DCC?  Absolutely!  The same with Dayton.  They are both very good looking young women, and fall squarely within the range of attractiveness and healthy figures represented in the current squad.  

I liked TCC Chandler very much, thought she had a perfect, petite figure, and a positive personality, so I understand why some were irritated by Tina's seemingly gratuitous of a nice young lady.  But Victoria is not Tina, she is her own person, and we should not project any animosity for the mother onto the daughter.  

I see this sometimes in parenting IRL btw, parents who belittle, slight, or affirmatively hurt or hinder another person's child, just because they cannot stand the parent or feel competitive with them.  (Including the threat of a lawsuit against a school unless another child was named co-valedictorian -- not involving me).

We are the adults in the room.  Whatever our feelings about any candidate's parents may be, let's keep the gratuitous insults out of it, and let these young ladies stand or fall in their own merits.

I would also like to see Brennan make it into training camp and onto the team, but I think the fact that no one has yet come on here to say that she made it to finals (as they have for other candidates) is not a good sign.  If that is the case then Kelli and Judy, viewing it generously, made a difficult decision to be respectful of Brennan and her time.  If so, I hope they will edit out her footage from the upcoming season.

I don't know enough about Victoria to make any kind of critique...but from her pictures, she does appear to be a lovely young lady.(and if people consider her to have junk in her trunk...I wish I had junk in my trunk like hers! )  I have been following Dayton since last year and I really like her.  She seems like a very sweet person and I think would be a good ambassador for the squad.  Brennan has been a favorite of mine since the first time she was in TC, but, like you, the fact that no one has any information on her and finals, says more than the ones posting their letters.  I'm still hopeful though. :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

If she did make it to finals...Brennan is probably keeping it quiet until she gets into training camp or she's keeping it quiet unless she makes the team.

After her cut from TC last year, if she's in finals, I can understand why she's staying quiet. This has been an arduous journey for her over the past few years.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:
34 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

If she did make it to finals...Brennan is probably keeping it quiet until she gets into training camp or she's keeping it quiet unless she makes the team.

After her cut from TC last year, if she's in finals, I can understand why she's staying quiet. This has been an arduous journey for her over the past few years.  

My thought exactly.  

43 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I don't know enough about Victoria to make any kind of critique...but from her pictures, she does appear to be a lovely young lady.(and if people consider her to have junk in her trunk...I wish I had junk in my trunk like hers! )

But does she have a thutt? :)

And because it can't be said enough...go Brennan!!!

• Love 7

I don’t understand all the Victoria Kalina hate..... her mom is not a favorite of mine because I felt like she acted like a high school girl when she was on the show. But it’s not really fair to push that on Victoria. The biggest criticism I see on here is Victoria always wanting to dance in the front. I mean, DUH. Every dancer wants or SHOULD want to dance in the front. It’s kinda that nobody puts Baby in a corner thing.... only the blenders wanna be in the back. 

I’m looking forward to seeing her on the show and seeing how she comes across. Although I still think she should go to TCU instead of DCC right now. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I must be blind because I don't see any "junk." She looks regular in the rear.

Agreed. I can’t find anything nasty to say about the size of Victoria’s rear. She looks great. Maybe we are both blind? ?‍♀️

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Well, several of the judges were concerned about her weight as well but were told that the decision to take her to finals wasn't up for discussion.

Just goes to show that people have different opinions. Because my definition of "junk" is DEFINITELY not what y'all are talking about lol

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Well, several of the judges were concerned about her weight as well but were told that the decision to take her to finals wasn't up for discussion.

Do we have info about the judge’s deliberations on the other girls or just Victoria? It just seems awfully convenient that we know what several judges said about her but no one else. Im not suggesting that anyone is lying, as i don’t even know who spread the information in the first place, but I can’t help but take it with a grain of salt.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

My thought exactly.  

But does she have a thutt? :)

And because it can't be said enough...go Brennan!!!

LMAO at "thutt"...I completely forgot about Kelli making that comment!!!  And yes GO BRENNAN!!! We love you!

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I wish my trunk junk looked like hers!! :) 

19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Do we have info about the judge’s deliberations on the other girls or just Victoria? It just seems awfully convenient that we know what several judges said about her but no one else. Im not suggesting that anyone is lying, as i don’t even know who spread the information in the first place, but I can’t help but take it with a grain of salt.

I kind of wondered that myself....How do we know what the judges said? Was someone present in the room when the "going to finals isn't up for discussion" comment re: Victoria was made?? Or is this simply hear say? I don't know where the original thread regarding the comment started, but I'm sure not buying into the furor until I hear it myself.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh I can show you junk in the trunk. My husband called me Big Booty Judy during both pregnancies. Before he gets attacked, he liked the J. Lo booty. Victoria does not have it.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

She definitely looks like she's going to fight weight in her midsection and maybe thighs. If she's having this kind of issue in her teens, it's only going to get harder as she gets older. Good luck to her.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know if this should go here or another section (please move or let me know and I'll move it if necessary), but Kristi Scales posted an article on 5pointsblue about Auditions Rounds 1 & 2 (link here: http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-auditions-by-the-numbers/)  There was a girl from Japan as well as one from Cameroon.  The article mentioned that 99 girls made it to round 2 out of 400+ applicants.  Notice they didn't say how many actually showed up for round 1.

Does anyone think it's odd that they separated out Victoria and Dayton in posts? In following the model of the article, I would think it would be in the "2" section and just noted both of their names.

I promise I'm not a cat-food eating conspiracy theorist, just stood out to me. Props to anyone that knows what show that reference came from :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sarah99 said:

Does anyone think it's odd that they separated out Victoria and Dayton in posts? In following the model of the article, I would think it would be in the "2" section and just noted both of their names.

I promise I'm not a cat-food eating conspiracy theorist, just stood out to me. Props to anyone that knows what show that reference came from :)

I think it may be because one of the commenters posted that Dayton had been left out.  Whoever made the correction listed her as "1" by herself while adding her legacy info.  They could have changed it to list "2" legacies and then listed their separate info.  

Just me speculating and I got a chuckle out of your cat-food eating reference. :D

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t understand all the Victoria Kalina hate..... her mom is not a favorite of mine because I felt like she acted like a high school girl when she was on the show. But it’s not really fair to push that on Victoria. The biggest criticism I see on here is Victoria always wanting to dance in the front. I mean, DUH. Every dancer wants or SHOULD want to dance in the front. It’s kinda that nobody puts Baby in a corner thing.... only the blenders wanna be in the back. 

I’m looking forward to seeing her on the show and seeing how she comes across. Although I still think she should go to TCU instead of DCC right now. 

The biggest criticism is that she has been taking ALL prep classes for two years and she is still awful. Girl doesn't have it and if she wasn't a legacy she woukd have been cut already. Plain and simple.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

The biggest criticism is that she has been taking ALL prep classes for two years and she is still awful. Girl doesn't have it and if she wasn't a legacy she woukd have been cut already. Plain and simple.

Also if she has been groomed to be a DCC why isn't her weight down around her stomach.  She will always fight her weight since she is only 18 and already fighting it.  What bothers me is that they have cut several girls for teeth that have not been as bad as Victoria's that show up hugh on HD.  We all know if she makes it to TC it is political!!!!

• Love 6

I'm definitely in the minority here but I am NOT team Brennan. I wasn't impressed with her dancing, I was so sick of her whining "I'm working SO hard!" (as if the rest weren't) and I was as enthusiastic about her as I am about Christina (which is I find both of them boring and whiny). Brennan is beautiful and has a great figure but beyond that, I'm not impressed. 

And I have a Wisconsin accent. I get told that all the time when I travel. I don't see it personally ;) 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Really? She’s awful? She’s an awful dancer?  DCC style is definitely not her best strength, but she’s not awful. She’s slightly better than some of the rookies they put on the team last year. 

Y’all gotta get over this legacy bullshit. That’s the way the world works. Plus it’s not Victoria’s fault.... IF she in fact is let through to finals after bombing last week, and then training camp, and ultimately the team and truly isn’t a good dancer, then y’all have no one to blame but Kelli Finglass. 

Really? You spoke with the judges? 

Basically how I feel. I don’t know her, so perhaps she’s a huge brat, and from what I’ve seen of her dancing, I’m not super impressed (that’s true of some returning vets as well). At this point though, I’m almost rooting for her just because I feel like the criticism is completely unwarranted. She may have an amazing solo. She may be great in panel interviews....but if she’s awful at everything and still makes it, well then that’s on the people who pick the team.

Edited by Jess14
Typos
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sarah99 said:

Dayton wasn't listed at all in the first article...  that's a revision.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Really? She’s awful? She’s an awful dancer?  DCC style is definitely not her best strength, but she’s not awful. She’s slightly better than some of the rookies they put on the team last year. 

Y’all gotta get over this legacy bullshit. That’s the way the world works. Plus it’s not Victoria’s fault.... IF she in fact is let through to finals after bombing last week, and then training camp, and ultimately the team and truly isn’t a good dancer, then y’all have no one to blame but Kelli Finglass. 

I would put the blame on Kelli and Charlotte. There have been girls brought into TC and or the squad who in my opinion, were not DCC material, but they made it because Kelli and Charlotte like their looks or thought they brought something different to the team besides dance skills. I also think Kelli and Charlotte would overruled the judges when it comes to certain girls. Now if Victoria was brought to finals for the drama factor, I say Houston we have a big problem.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, mmm said:

DCC-Day-1-218.jpg

Does anyone know who the brunette is ? and if she made it ?

Nicole McIntosh and she made it.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

All this. I have never in my life been in any school, college, dance team, job, church group, Girl Scouts, etc., that does not have some sort of ‘who you know’ thing to some extent. Life is not fair. Why should a private business be any different? 

24 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I would put the blame on Kelli and Charlotte. There have been girls brought into TC and or the squad who in my opinion, were not DCC material, but they made it because Kelli and Charlotte like their looks or thought they brought something different to the team besides dance skills. I also think Kelli and Charlotte would overruled the judges when it comes to certain girls. Now if Victoria was brought to finals for the drama factor, I say Houston we have a big problem.

? I absolutely think god Charlotte and Kelli - who are both savvy business women and going to put profits over friendships, would absolutely bring people - even friends/former teammates/colleagues daughters - onto the show doe drama. No ratings = no advertisers = no profit = no reason for CMT to want a show. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

'Awful' is a stretch. I guess it's good to be 'awful' though..gets you to finals!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

All this. I have never in my life been in any school, college, dance team, job, church group, Girl Scouts, etc., that does not have some sort of ‘who you know’ thing to some extent. Life is not fair. Why should a private business be any different? 

? I absolutely think god Charlotte and Kelli - who are both savvy business women and going to put profits over friendships, would absolutely bring people - even friends/former teammates/colleagues daughters - onto the show doe drama. No ratings = no advertisers = no profit = no reason for CMT to want a show. 

Like they did in Season 4 when Kaime was brought to TC after the two sisters left. An insider was saying she had no chance of making the team, Kelli and Judy did not care for her, she probably would not have made the team even if she was brought to TC at the beginning, and she thought she did not have to work at all to make the team because she was brought back. Of course, I take the inside information with a grain of salt, but to me it was a bad rating idea to bring Kaime back. There have been girls who left TC before and after Season 4, and no cut girl at finals was brought back. I am waiting for the day when a vet is cut or left during TC, and they decide to bring back a cut vet who got the axe at finals.

4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The biggest criticism I see on here is Victoria always wanting to dance in the front.

I don't know why this just now occurred to me, but maybe she made her way up front all the time to get a clear view of herself in the mirror to see how she's doing.  Maybe she got there super early to get a spot in front & didn't waltz up there like she was entitled to it.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think the worst thing you could call her is "noodly," but no way awful.  Watch me dance, THAT is awful.

28 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have never in my life been in any school, college, dance team, job, church group, Girl Scouts, etc., that does not have some sort of ‘who you know’ thing to some extent. Life is not fair. Why should a private business be any different? 

Bingo.

• Love 11