Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Anticipation

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 8/1/2018 at 3:46 AM, kalibean said:

I think Khalyn is beautiful, but she looks almost startled or scared in that cameo. And she’s taken about a zillion other gorgeous pics, so don’t get that choice. 

This. Khalyn has supermodel looks. Of all the beautiful pictures of her, why this one where she looks likes she’s sucking in or straining her face. Tyra would tell her to unclench and relax. 

• Love 2
On 5/20/2018 at 10:43 AM, Cherries320 said:

From time to time, you see former DCC's that either retired or didn't make it back on the squad when they retried out. They say that they're trying out again to come back onto the squad as a "veteran" anywhere from like a year, two years, one was even 13 years later! From what I have seen, I have never seen any of those girls auditioning to come back as a veteran years later make it back on the squad, let alone back into TC. Does anyone know if anyone has? And if so - how does that work? Would they enter training camp technically a veteran status, but have to wear pink like a rookie because they would need to get caught up... or would they wear the blue with the other veterans? Random question, I know. Just curious lol.

Erica Perry. Danced in 2004, got cut in 2005, made it back in 2006 and 2007 then retired.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, LynneH said:

I prefer more of a mish mash of stuff for the prelims as they don't matter much.  However, I do like the finals: solos, kick line, performance, judge opinions etc. and of course C,K & J's opinions of the final cut into training camp as well as why certain vets didn't make the cut.

I like to see the rookie/vets candidates rehearsals in more detail as opposed to just a 2 second mish mash of this person and that person, They show K&J way too much when it's not necessary on CMT.  I mean you don't have to show them making a 30 second entrance onto the field or into the room.  just insert what they are saying about said girl at the bottom of the screen. 

How they get along with others, power squad, get togethers with the other girls etc.

I not only want to see what they are doing wrong but what they are doing well during rehearsals by K&J.  I hate hearing "you're blending or need more power from you" be more specific for heaven's sake of what you want from each girl!  Since all the girl is going to do is say yes ma'am and not have a clue what  you want...send them a clip of a comparison of the girl and say a vet....see what the vet is doing?  this is what you are doing and we don't like it.

Uniform fitting, Kelli getting to know the girls one on one. 

calendar shoot

show group auditions

etiquette class

Dislikes: 

Backstories, sob stories

guest choreographers

Jobs, schooling.

Anthony Ramos

Belk runway thing, they're cheerleaders not runway models!

Amen, sister!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Can I just say how excited I am to have found this forum? I don't know anybody in real life who watches this show, so I am so happy to find people who will obsess over this show/cheerleaders like I do!!

Welcome to the forum!!!!  You will find some true detectives on here.  I’m not one of them.  I just benefit from their incredible CSI skills.  One thing you will also see about this forum THAT I LOVE is that we respect one another’s differing opinions and disagreements are handled with respect.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Can I just say how excited I am to have found this forum? I don't know anybody in real life who watches this show, so I am so happy to find people who will obsess over this show/cheerleaders like I do!!

Welcome to the forums! I’m pretty new here, too and it’s so much fun! IM me if you have any questions. I’ll do my best to help. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Welcome to the forum if you have any questions just IM me be happy to help 

1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

Welcome to the forum!!!!  You will find some true detectives on here.  I’m not one of them.  I just benefit from their incredible CSI skills.  One thing you will also see about this forum THAT I LOVE is that we respect one another’s differing opinions and disagreements are handled with respect.  

57 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Welcome to the forums! I’m pretty new here, too and it’s so much fun! IM me if you have any questions. I’ll do my best to help. 

39 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Welcome to the forum if you have any questions just IM me be happy to help 

Thanks everyone!!!! I am a long time lurker and can't wait to actually join in on the fun now!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Thanks everyone!!!! I am a long time lurker and can't wait to actually join in on the fun now!

Welcome! I've only recently gotten somewhat active in posting. Before that, I only lurked randomly. Feel free to ask me anything! 

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Can't wait to see how true this is!

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.03.52 AM V2.jpg

Is it me or do they say that same thing every. Stinking. Year. (and after the first meeting there will be one girl who is super wide-eyed and says to the camera "they are only taking 36 this year! That's terrifying!" 

• Love 5

Please let there be:

More Kitty

More Jay (yes.....been missing him.)

A nutritionist that is qualified for God's sake.

More makeover time on screen.

More Marshall!

More uniform fitting conversations.

More terrible dancers. They're hilarious!

Less:

Fat shaming.

Charlotte's uppity cattiness.

Team building games that middle school kids do.

Awkward office conversations.

Rivers of tears.

Melissa. I like her, but they should have chosen someone like Megan Fox.

Yelling  from Judy. Give her a bull horn so she will not lose her voice.

Mean girl mediocre vet cheerleaders *cough* Cassie *cough*.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Please let there be:

More Kitty

More Jay (yes.....been missing him.)

A nutritionist that is qualified for God's sake.

More makeover time on screen.

More Marshall!

More uniform fitting conversations.

More terrible dancers. They're hilarious!

Less:

Fat shaming.

Charlotte's uppity cattiness.

Team building games that middle school kids do.

Awkward office conversations.

Rivers of tears.

Melissa. I like her, but they should have chosen someone like Megan Fox.

Yelling  from Judy. Give her a bull horn so she will not lose her voice.

Mean girl mediocre vet cheerleaders *cough* Cassie *cough*.

Do we need a DCC bingo!?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

Off topic a little, but did anyone notice how great Kelly looks,this year?

She looks like she lost 15-20 pounds.

Yes that was the first thing I noticed.  She looked real classy.  And her dress wasn't too tight.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if we will see the social media workshop again.  Cause if rumors are true, you have one gal who posted incriminating photos of herself and was kicked off the squad.  You have two former cheerleaders who texted people they weren't supposed to be texting.  

I also wonder if three gals leaving in the middle of the season last year will affect anything this year - will they take more than 36?  

Were the compromising photos of Kalyssa?  :(

4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Thoughts so far:

- I love that Kelli is finally acknowledging less than 500 women are auditioning each year

- Victoria Kalina’s speech to the judges was embarrassing

- “I love pickles” - why would this poor girl say that?

- Love the new choreographer judge

- Melissa is still getting on my nerves

- I love that I was listening to old Howard Stern shows on YouTube and MTT commercials kept airing

- I love that Kelli acknowledged at the outset of the show that she loves one girl. This might be a first.

- I also love that so many serious dancers tried out. After what happened on the squad last season, they seemed eager to see these girls.

- I love that Kelli acknowledged that Brennan should have been picked to be on the team last year. But as we all know, hindsight is 20/20.

- Although many of the cheerleaders failed the Cowboys this past year, they had two benchmark events happen that were historic to the entire organization. Kelli was smart to acknowledge that. How they can top the Hall of Fame and the Smithsonian?

Lastly, does the show that follows MTT:DCC have an audience? Who goes to CMT for a drunk bad girl show? You go to (or used to go) to VH-1 for that!  

Really, I didn’t want it [the bachelorette last hurrah show] on my DVR. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, go4luca said:

Can't wait to see how true this is!

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.03.52 AM V2.jpg

They say this EVERY year don't they?? :) 

11 hours ago, FLAfan said:

Off topic a little, but did anyone notice how great Kelly looks,this year?

She looks like she lost 15-20 pounds.

Well I have found it and she can have it all back if she wants it!! :) 

• Love 2
On 5/13/2018 at 12:57 AM, Jesslyn said:

I think the earlier seasons projected better in the sense we saw the girls get nutrition and training and body fit advice, as well as etiquette and plain group fun on some episodes. Last five seasons or so had more “celebrity” nonsense. I’d rather them focus on the girls, particularly, adding focus onto veterans into the season. 

Sometimes it feels that Kelli brings in these "celebrities" as a way to show off. She always starts with -"I met so and so at this years ....". 

On 7/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, Lexusprincess said:

I am not a fan of the sob stories.  I hate them!  I really do not want to hear who lost a friend at a young age or the exaggerated I was raised poor (Vivian)  Dance classes are not cheap and if you have years of dance, you are not dirt poor.   And please save me from the "I am a single mom!"  Nothing wrong with being a single mom,  it just does not make you a better candidate.  I would like to see more short stories on who they are, what their dance background was, and limit it to the ones who make training camp.  I do not care to hear about the semi-finalists or the finalists who don't make the team.  Then please don't show the same clip over and over again.  I want to see more of each girl even the vets rather than the chosen few.  There have been some great dancers that we barely saw because CMT spent so much time showing the strugglers and the same sob stories.

I want to see more dancing and more office chats with Judy and Kelli.    I know it's not a popular opinion but I like Melissa with the rookies because she gives specifics which is more than Judy yelling you're messy! that was a mess! you don't have memory! or make it cute!  I loved when Melissa videotaped then because i believe watching yourself mess up is a very effective teaching tool.  I'd also like to see a group leader led practice.

I think the singers do not add much but loved the choreographed dance to one of the singer's songs.  That showcased some of the better dancers talents---__yes Holly P was in it, and rocked it.    

And show group additions.  lots of it.

And please save me from the "I am a single mom!"  Nothing wrong with being a single mom,  it just does not make you a better candidate- OMG! I agree 100%. Last year that was all Tasha said everytime they put a camera in her face. Now, she just annoys me.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Tomasini13 said:

Is there another thread to read where I can find out what happened last season? Kelli mentioned a couple girls that left and it sounds like it was a mess.

Oh, I’m a newbie here. Happy I found this thread! 

Current 2017-2018 Squad - you have to scroll down a bit to find it.  Any questions, feel free to ask cause it's about 200 something pages:/

On 8/2/2018 at 7:10 PM, ByTor said:

Unfortunately, the fat shaming is usually part of the bad dancing.

Oh remember when we were this young and innocent before that first episode that we didn’t appreciate that there would be no fat shaming this season as we’d hoped but the reason there wasn’t would irritate the hell out of us. 

• Love 1