Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Anticipation

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

They are hour shows, right? That typically takes 8-10 weeks to finish, and that is fast. They might have the machine working tighter, but 8 weeks is minimum. 

Also, the reason that we don’t see much change season-to-season is likely that they have to churn these out so fast, so there is probably an episode map that they don’t deviate from. It makes it easier to just find the bites you need, but just ends up being the same year after year. We all still love it though! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Also, the reason that we don’t see much change season-to-season is likely that they have to churn these out so fast, so there is probably an episode map that they don’t deviate from. It makes it easier to just find the bites you need, but just ends up being the same year after year. We all still love it though! 

Exactly :) 

I would love to see things switched up a bit. For example, I *LOVE* scenes with kitty, but every single finals episode literally opens with Kelli giving us one sentence about it being Finals week, and then, “to get ready for finals, some of the ladies go to kitty carter’s dance studio!” with a cut to the parking lot of KC’s, then kitty shooting out of a cannon into the studio that you can tell she’s been practicing since last summer. Maybe start with showing the vets learning the dance, tell me how last year’s rookies panned out, then KC?

introduce us to a rookie that we’ve literally never seen before? She’s definitely getting cut this episode. Or, if a vet is interviewed talking about how devastated they would be if any of the vets were cut at finals... welp, #byeFelicia. 

As formulaic as the show *IS*, the only reason I can tell some seasons apart is if they use Fireball or that damn “meet me in Vegas tonight, V-E-G-A-S” one. Just give me a little spice!

I love when the guest choreographers come in and we see the debrief on their feedback. Michelle Keys is my all time girl crush. Or, a few seasons ago, they were talking about Auto Amy and how she would be great at Mavs dancing - I am not dance savvy, show me what you’re talking about! Also, when you’re showing the 3 girls doing the same dance, the 3 of them never line up - maybe have two be perfectly aligned and visually show me the feedback on the performer who isn’t doing it right. 

Just my 2c!

• Love 7

And for goodness sakes, get the rights to the songs.  I hate listening to whatever song they’re playing at the moment when I’m told it’s another.  They had a repeat a couple of weeks ago of last season and damn if they didn’t change the song to something so off base!  Get the rights or whatever you need to do to let us hear the songs!

• Love 18
17 hours ago, VintageJ said:

And for goodness sakes, get the rights to the songs.  I hate listening to whatever song they’re playing at the moment when I’m told it’s another.  They had a repeat a couple of weeks ago of last season and damn if they didn’t change the song to something so off base!  Get the rights or whatever you need to do to let us hear the songs!

Yes!!!! I detest Fireball. Ugh, how many times did we have to hear that, ha!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Yes!!!! I detest Fireball. Ugh, how many times did we have to hear that, ha!

And the original song on the original viewing was not the correct song, i think. It may have been Fireball. Then, to make matters worse, the song they replaced the Fireball with was a totally different count.  The dance didn’t match AT ALL and it just looked off beat. Come on DCC.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

Is that Kalyssa who is prominently featured in the commercial on CMT?

I think so. I saw that the other day but barely paid attention, but do remember seeing Kalyssa a few times. Ha that surprised me a bit.

I want to see:

More dance at wider angles, but they might show just small pieces because they are protecting their proprietary choreo- if they show a full routine, in order, it’s easy for someone trained to save the video and reproduce it. 

More interviews at finals. 

More finals. 

I love show group auditions and their performance clips. More of those! 

More vets and their progress- since vets can be cut during camp, they are also “making the team”

More teaching scenes with GLs and Jennifer

More guest choreo nights- but just the dance part- because I love dance

More Kitty

a scene with Judy working on a new routine with her assistants- I want to see how the sausage is made

Less:

sob stories

q&a with celebrity guests- I liked Kelly Pickler judging their dance.  I really didn’t need the other fluff  “I’m on stage, hear me...” convo with Kelli

celebrity guests that CMT are giving extra promo to, but calling it giving their experience to TCCs 

It looks like I need 2 hour shows, lol  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Less:

sob stories

q&a with celebrity guests- I liked Kelly Pickler judging their dance.  I really didn’t need the other fluff  “I’m on stage, hear me...” convo with Kelli

celebrity guests that CMT are giving extra promo to, but calling it giving their experience to TCCs 

Agree 100% No annoying  country /teen singers.  Guest choreographers are fine. The sob stories need to go. Every realty show has at least one person with a sob story. 

• Love 9
(edited)

If they do go beyond the first preseason home game in Season 13, I hope they do a better job than they did in Season 7. It was the same boring crap we hear in TC, but now we hear how the rookies have to step it up because they just made the team. We still can cut girls, pressure, pressure, pressure, oh no we have to change things, we only have a short time to learn a routine, it has to be perfect, this performance is so important etc. etc. There are so many things that are said more than once, but I could not write them all down.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 7/14/2018 at 1:21 PM, Taralightner said:

I want to see:

More dance at wider angles, but they might show just small pieces because they are protecting their proprietary choreo- if they show a full routine, in order, it’s easy for someone trained to save the video and reproduce it. 

More interviews at finals. 

More finals. 

I love show group auditions and their performance clips. More of those! 

More vets and their progress- since vets can be cut during camp, they are also “making the team”

More teaching scenes with GLs and Jennifer

More guest choreo nights- but just the dance part- because I love dance

More Kitty

a scene with Judy working on a new routine with her assistants- I want to see how the sausage is made

Less:

sob stories

It looks like I need 2 hour shows, lol  

Ugh I agree with the sob stories! It seemed last season every girl had a major loss in her life. I especially don't care about the backstory of women who don't even make it to training camp. I mean, what a waste of time! Anthony Ramos...boring! He adds nothing to the show. I do enjoy the guest choreographers, I greatly dislike the singers and their "feedback" (you all did great! I like your hair!) Please no more Jennifer, we had to put up with her while she was on the team. I'm definitely not a fan. Show group auditions...I could watch an entire show of that, those are my favorites. And of course Kitty! She says what we are all thinking. Back "in the day", the vets went to her before finals too, I would love if they did that again. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Ugh I agree with the sob stories! It seemed last season every girl had a major loss in her life. I especially don't care about the backstory of women who don't even make it to training camp. I mean, what a waste of time! Anthony Ramos...boring! He adds nothing to the show. I do enjoy the guest choreographers, I greatly dislike the singers and their "feedback" (you all did great! I like your hair!) Please no more Jennifer, we had to put up with her while she was on the team. I'm definitely not a fan. Show group auditions...I could watch an entire show of that, those are my favorites. And of course Kitty! She says what we are all thinking. Back "in the day", the vets went to her before finals too, I would love if they did that again. 

I am with you 100% on all of this.

• Love 4

I am not a fan of the sob stories.  I hate them!  I really do not want to hear who lost a friend at a young age or the exaggerated I was raised poor (Vivian)  Dance classes are not cheap and if you have years of dance, you are not dirt poor.   And please save me from the "I am a single mom!"  Nothing wrong with being a single mom,  it just does not make you a better candidate.  I would like to see more short stories on who they are, what their dance background was, and limit it to the ones who make training camp.  I do not care to hear about the semi-finalists or the finalists who don't make the team.  Then please don't show the same clip over and over again.  I want to see more of each girl even the vets rather than the chosen few.  There have been some great dancers that we barely saw because CMT spent so much time showing the strugglers and the same sob stories.

I want to see more dancing and more office chats with Judy and Kelli.    I know it's not a popular opinion but I like Melissa with the rookies because she gives specifics which is more than Judy yelling you're messy! that was a mess! you don't have memory! or make it cute!  I loved when Melissa videotaped then because i believe watching yourself mess up is a very effective teaching tool.  I'd also like to see a group leader led practice.

I think the singers do not add much but loved the choreographed dance to one of the singer's songs.  That showcased some of the better dancers talents---__yes Holly P was in it, and rocked it.    

And show group additions.  lots of it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

I am not a fan of the sob stories.  I hate them!  I really do not want to hear who lost a friend at a young age or the exaggerated I was raised poor (Vivian)  Dance classes are not cheap and if you have years of dance, you are not dirt poor.   And please save me from the "I am a single mom!"  Nothing wrong with being a single mom,  it just does not make you a better candidate.  I would like to see more short stories on who they are, what their dance background was, and limit it to the ones who make training camp.  I do not care to hear about the semi-finalists or the finalists who don't make the team.  Then please don't show the same clip over and over again.  I want to see more of each girl even the vets rather than the chosen few.  There have been some great dancers that we barely saw because CMT spent so much time showing the strugglers and the same sob stories.

I want to see more dancing and more office chats with Judy and Kelli.    I know it's not a popular opinion but I like Melissa with the rookies because she gives specifics which is more than Judy yelling you're messy! that was a mess! you don't have memory! or make it cute!  I loved when Melissa videotaped then because i believe watching yourself mess up is a very effective teaching tool.  I'd also like to see a group leader led practice.

I think the singers do not add much but loved the choreographed dance to one of the singer's songs.  That showcased some of the better dancers talents---__yes Holly P was in it, and rocked it.    

Yes, yes yes.....if you watch the last episode of season 7, you see the same clips of the girls in the locker room during the BCA performance.  I think you see Emily walk across the room 2 or 3 times, Whitney does a deep plie twice, etc.  I mean, there really wasn't enough footage to keep from showing the same stuff?  I thought my DVR was rewinding or something.

I've said the same thing about Melissa - she knows how to explain.  Wasn't she the one videotaping Natalie when Nicole was working with her in Season 1?  I think she learned it's a valuable tool.  And I think we all want to see group leaders run a practice.

Or maybe, it's 7:00 - ready to start, here is what we do.  Walk us thru a practice.  Here we are watching game video - this is what we are looking at.  I like behind the scenes stuff, so it's probably why I liked season 7.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I actually really like Melissa too. I feel she gets the inside scoop from K/J and then translates it to actionable items for the TCCs.  I agree with your whole post actually. I'm specifically thinking of Kinzie. I LOVED watching her dance, but I don't know anything about her. The show focused so much on the stupid, whiney, boring Morgans, Breelans, etc that we didn't get to "know" any of the good dancers. Spare us all from watching a season of a few people struggling and the "will they make it?!?!" Because I've rooted HARD that they do not make it. 

And I do like the choreography to singer's songs. That's always way different from what they usually do. 

• Love 2

The girls Melissa mentors are chosen by CMT, and she does not come up with the ideas on how to help the girls *cough CMT cough* I seriously doubt she came up with the intervention scene with Breelan and Caila's parents on her own.

20 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

The "I'm a single mom " stories bug me more than anything. Not just on MTT but every reality show and TV judge shows have it. Women try to use the SM thing to gain sympathy, win a competition, or win their court case.

• Love 5

The only “sob” story I didn’t mind was Robin’s and another girl last year or so.  When she told us she had a rod in her back and had to learn how to dance all over again, that story has meaning and it relates directly to a dance related struggle.  The single mom angle, not so much.  If you have the support system that takes care of your child until 1 or 2 in the morning for 2 months in the summer, then you are not struggling nearly as bad as CMT is trying to make it.  

• Love 11
On 7/18/2018 at 10:04 AM, GBPackersfan said:

I totally agree about NOT caring about the backstories of women who didn't even make it to training camp!!!  At times though, with girls in training camp, I may not care for a girl in the beginning but she grows on me throughout the season; esp. if I go back and watch the past episodes and see her featured and begin to see her in a different light. It's worked on me in the opposite though after seeing someone featured! 

I've noticed in the last year that there are more than one or two who are not fans of Jennifer - she's never been my favorite either- There's just something about her that annoys me!   Just out of curiosity, why are you not a fan?   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KoKo said:

I totally agree about NOT caring about the backstories of women who didn't even make it to training camp!!!  At times though, with girls in training camp, I may not care for a girl in the beginning but she grows on me throughout the season; esp. if I go back and watch the past episodes and see her featured and begin to see her in a different light. It's worked on me in the opposite though after seeing someone featured! 

I've noticed in the last year that there are more than one or two who are not fans of Jennifer - she's never been my favorite either- There's just something about her that annoys me!   Just out of curiosity, why are you not a fan?   

I've always thought she gives off a vibe that says "I'm better than the rest of you". She strikes me as bossy and a bit bitchy. Like you said, there is just something annoying about her. Like when she was teaching the finals routine to the veterans last year, I thought "oh go away! They are nervous enough without you telling them this is the best group ever of potential rookies". And I have no idea why I think this, but I feel pretty strongly that she is the type who would backstab anyone if it meant she gets ahead. 

• Love 7

I just started binge watching season 4.  Almost all of the back stories in the first 4 shows were the ones who were going to get cut.  One got cut at finals (her husband was deployed).  The other three were Catherine Williams and Rachel Buckmaster and Grace Sells.  There was also the back story on the Minchew sisters.  After rewatching, why did those people get in to training camp.  I liked Grace but Rachel, Catherine and the Minchew sisters were disasters.

So I hope we do not get the repeating back stories on the ones who get cut.  Fans watch every show so show it to me once and move on.

And I am a huge Jennifer fan.  The woman is a great dancer, well spoken, and has class.  I can see her putting Victoria in her place.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I've always thought she gives off a vibe that says "I'm better than the rest of you". She strikes me as bossy and a bit bitchy. Like you said, there is just something annoying about her. Like when she was teaching the finals routine to the veterans last year, I thought "oh go away! They are nervous enough without you telling them this is the best group ever of potential rookies". And I have no idea why I think this, but I feel pretty strongly that she is the type who would backstab anyone if it meant she gets ahead. 

I get the same vibe about her. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

And I am a huge Jennifer fan.  The woman is a great dancer, well spoken, and has class.  I can see her putting Victoria in her place.

That I would like to see.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

That scene during the finals episode annoyed me as well, especially because it was almost like she was taking credit for the fact that the learned the dance and were performing well. She just seems so scripted to me, but I do think she is a great performer and was a good DCC.

I don’t know whether she would backstab someone, but given how K&J made it crystal clear that they like people who run to them with information on other ppl, I can’t help but wonder that about anyone who rises to being one of their favorites. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2018 at 7:41 PM, GBPackersfan said:

I stopped coming to forum for awhile & told myself when I did come back, I wouldn’t post, but I had to comment on this...... 

THANK YOU!!! She always kinda rubbed me the wrong way & I couldn’t figure out why.  With all the Jen love, I was seriously thinking something was wrong with me!  I feel a little better about it each time I see someone else who feel the same.  And speaking about backstories, they never really mentioned she had tried out before.  I was always curious what was ‘wrong’ with her before the year she made it...and I get a little pleasure knowing she didn’t make it first time, I know, super petty, but I feel like she probably had that attitude that she was better than everyone else...not so much...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I stopped coming to forum for awhile & told myself when I did come back, I wouldn’t post, but I had to comment on this...... 

THANK YOU!!! She always kinda rubbed me the wrong way & I couldn’t figure out why.  With all the Jen love, I was seriously thinking something was wrong with me!  I feel a little better about it each time I see someone else who feel the same.  And speaking about backstories, they never really mentioned she had tried out before.  I was always curious what was ‘wrong’ with her before the year she made it...and I get a little pleasure knowing she didn’t make it first time, I know, super petty, but I feel like she probably had that attitude that she was better than everyone else...not so much...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels petty! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels petty! 

6 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I'm another one that wasn't a big fan of Jennifer...after her first year. She just came across as too cocky for me. Like "yeah I know I'm one of the best dancers on the squad" and I know she was, but still. She didn't seem as nice. And I still wonder if she was called out for her weight in season 11. They didn't show them bring that up about anyone on the show that year, even though a number of their favorites looked soft. And I wonder if that's why...

• Love 3
On 5/10/2018 at 8:55 AM, Kayce said:

I'm tired of Melissa Rycroft as a judge and a mentor.  If there is a Season 14, I hope they get someone else as a judge/mentor.  I really enjoyed Candace Romo last season as a judge.  I agree that the dialogue needs to be "dialed up" LOL !! I am in total agreement with others...I want more behind the scenes footage as well: more solos coverage,  show group rehearsals, group leader lead rehearsals, etc.  I own every season available on iTunes ( seasons 3-12)  and enjoy rewatching every ding dang season when the new one is about to start! 

Agree! Frankly, I've never actually seen the point of having Melissa Rycroft. She only ever states the blindingly obvious ("you've got to get your kicks up or y'ain't gonna make this team" - smirk) and she moves between that and being viciously snarky, especially in the judging scenes. I mean, she wasn't a standout (to me, at least) when she WAS a DCC so I'm not impressed by her critiques of girls who, just in their solo auditions, have twice as much talent and athleticism as she ever did. I've been rewatching the early seasons and I wish they'd get back to that old style, where they talked about weight and nutrition and working out, where they showed the girls and what they were doing away from TC (jobs, etc.) and where they showed some of the things that happen outside of training camp, the small-group practices, the coaching, etc. I absolutely adore the show but it's becoming VERY cookie-cutter bland, the same scenes, the same people, the same dialogue, etc. This past season, one of the scenes I LOVED was the alumni workshop, the alumni attending a night of TC and then Judi and Kelli discussing the TC candidates with those alumni. It was great to see the alumni and then to see their comments about and tips for the TC candidates!! Let's have more like that!

On 5/9/2018 at 9:28 PM, bigskygirl said:

Don't forget pressure, pressure and did I say pressure. My dance career is on the line. Training Camp is much harder than I thought it would be. I have no idea what we will talk about at the first meeting. Did not know we would be doing the kick line so early in TC.

Agree! It sounds VERY pat and rehearsed anymore.

• Love 3
On 6/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, VintageJ said:

And the original song on the original viewing was not the correct song, i think. It may have been Fireball. Then, to make matters worse, the song they replaced the Fireball with was a totally different count.  The dance didn’t match AT ALL and it just looked off beat. Come on DCC.

OMG, that is my BIGGEST gripe with the past seasons' episodes! I WISH they'd find a way to buy the rights to the original songs they performed for those past episodes!! The music NEVER matches the original performance and it just looks sad.

• Love 4
On 7/19/2018 at 12:11 PM, VintageJ said:

The only “sob” story I didn’t mind was Robin’s and another girl last year or so.  When she told us she had a rod in her back and had to learn how to dance all over again, that story has meaning and it relates directly to a dance related struggle.  The single mom angle, not so much.  If you have the support system that takes care of your child until 1 or 2 in the morning for 2 months in the summer, then you are not struggling nearly as bad as CMT is trying to make it.  

I actually like the stories of the TC candidates who overcame actual obstacles that other people face. From the 2017 squad, Robin and Milan dealt with scoliosis, Maggie dealt with psoriasis. In 2018, Lauren's interview and talking about how and why she pursued her nursing career - and the numerous attempts where she was denied - was great. I think those stories, especially the girls who are dealing with physical challenges, show that these aren't the perfect, flawless Barbie dolls that they may be perceived as and that they struggle just like anyone. I respect single moms but I also am over the single mom angle on DCCMTT. VintageJ, you're right. If a single mom has the support system to get her into TC and then give her the time and space to practice and attend practices, then the "struggling" part really falls flat.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Nene said:

I actually like the stories of the TC candidates who overcame actual obstacles that other people face. From the 2017 squad, Robin and Milan dealt with scoliosis, Maggie dealt with psoriasis. In 2018, Lauren's interview and talking about how and why she pursued her nursing career - and the numerous attempts where she was denied - was great. I think those stories, especially the girls who are dealing with physical challenges, show that these aren't the perfect, flawless Barbie dolls that they may be perceived as and that they struggle just like anyone. I respect single moms but I also am over the single mom angle on DCCMTT. VintageJ, you're right. If a single mom has the support system to get her into TC and then give her the time and space to practice and attend practices, then the "struggling" part really falls flat.

I liked the medical backstories you mentioned, too.  However, I was re-watching old episodes and two of the ladies started their stories by repeating the question CMT asked.  "The difficulty I have overcome is blah blah blah".  And the blah blah blahs were things like people were mean to me....  Come on!  Don't ask a leading question like that.  And ladies, don't make up some whiney backstory about your friend's cousin's cat that bit you when you were two.  Maybe an honest, "I was blessed to have the resources to support my dance and I am excited to be here!"  Nobody wants to here your little girl made up drama.  

• Love 5

Tasha said people told her life is over when she had a baby after high school. I do not remember Sasha having a sob story in Season 5 about trying out for the team and having a young daughter at home.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tasha said people told her life is over when she had a baby after high school. I do not remember Sasha having a sob story in Season 5 about trying out for the team and having a young daughter at home.

I remember Tasha’s story, though since she was married (?) by the time she tried out for DCC and never seemed to portray her current life as being difficult, I didn’t count that as a single mom sob story. With that said, I think having a kid in high school is a legitimate obstacle to overcome, just as much as psoriasis and scoliosis. I’m sure many people did judge and shame her (that was certainly the experience of the people who I knew who had kids out of wedlock in high school and even college). 

Now, had she made a huge deal out of it on the show, I would’ve felt differently. I certainly agree that a single mother with the support system to be at training camp til 2 am every day has an amazing support system. I don’t remember that being an issue with Tasha, but that season runs together a bit for me however, so it’s possible that the kid angle was more prevalent than I remember.

Edited by Jess14
I can’t type lol
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I remember Tasha’s story, though since she was married (?) by the time she tried out for DCC and never seemed to portray her current life as being difficult, I didn’t count that as a single mom sob story. With that said, I think having a kid in high school is a legitimate obstacle to overcome, just as much as psoriasis and scoliosis. I’m sure many people did judge and shame her (that was certainly the experience of the people who I knew who had kids out of wedlock in high school and even college). 

Now, had she made a huge deal out of it on the show, I would’ve felt differently. I certainly agree that a single mother with the support system to be at training camp til 2 am every day has an amazing support system, I don’t remember that being an issue with Tasha, but that season runs together a bit for me however, so it’s possible that the kid angle was coming here’s more than I remember.

Tasha had graduated when her daughter was born and she did marry the dad. But yes, huge scandal, because she was a pageant girl from a Good Utah Mormon Family. I think she was 19, but not married, and then divorced, which is equally scandalous in that setting. I don’t recall Tasha milking the poor single mom on her own story as much as overcoming the teen mom stigma backstory. I usually hate the sob stories, but I feel like Tasha’s was more about overcoming a literal bump in the road than asking for pity. 

• Love 4

Of all the mom stories since the show started, I like Sasha the best. She was the complete DCC, a school teacher, and had a little girl at home. She handled it well and decided to quit the squad after two years because she wanted to put her family and career first. Good for her. I take her over the Morgan's and Tasha's of the DCC world.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:49 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:
On 7/21/2018 at 9:49 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'll never deny that Jennifer's a beautiful dancer~ she has skills !!  However,To me, she seems very detached from the other girls. Out of all the years of Jennifer being on MTT, I don't recall ever seeing her " buddying up"(for lack of a better word) with anyone like I see several of the other ones forming close bonds.  I think Jess14 said it best - "she comes across very scripted".  I may be completely wrong and have possibly misjudged her -it's hard to see the real thing play out on any reality show, but getting this vibe for as long as I've watched her?

• Love 2

My thoughts: Jennifer is just very professional.  I think that can come off as scripted or detached at times but I don't think she is really like that at all.  Anyone who takes a class with her seems to gush about how wonderful and helpful she is... encouraging and supportive yet always will tell it like it is because that is in your best interest. I mean, I remember hearing that before auditions she would often invite other returning vets to get together and study for their interviews and even would send reminders about being on early, dressing appropriately, etc.  I suppose some would roll their eyes at that but I dont think she's doing stuff like that to be bossy or better than everyone, I think that's just her personality type and she can't help it.  I hope the organization hangs on to her. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

My thoughts: Jennifer is just very professional.  I think that can come off as scripted or detached at times but I don't think she is really like that at all.  Anyone who takes a class with her seems to gush about how wonderful and helpful she is... encouraging and supportive yet always will tell it like it is because that is in your best interest. I mean, I remember hearing that before auditions she would often invite other returning vets to get together and study for their interviews and even would send reminders about being on early, dressing appropriately, etc.  I suppose some would roll their eyes at that but I dont think she's doing stuff like that to be bossy or better than everyone, I think that's just her personality type and she can't help it.  I hope the organization hangs on to her. 

Obviously she has leadership qualities that K & J noticed some time ago.  Leaders lead by example and she is a great representative for DCC.  Me--I'm a worker.  Just give me a job and I'll do it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Obviously she has leadership qualities that K & J noticed some time ago.  Leaders lead by example and she is a great representative for DCC.  Me--I'm a worker.  Just give me a job and I'll do it.

Oh that is so me as well!! As long as I have a good leader to follow I'm happiest as a worker bee :) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Thank you for giving me some clarity about Jennifer.  Knowing that she inspires others and they truly love being around her proves me wrong - which I have no problem with!!   I always seem to be the "confrontational "one towards an uberorganized person because I'm a hot mess (although I do get my &^*% done- just in an artsy abstract way).   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

We were on the other thread talking about vets teaching their wanna-be DCC friends dance routines (like Thunderstruck) before auditions.  I didn't agree with that, but I think getting together with them and their friends to practice interviews and give them practices tests would be a good idea.  I think some of the prep classes held outside of the Star did that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can see that. While I find Jennifer scripted, I can buy that she's very helpful to other people. I would also point out that many of the people on reality tv shows who I like on tv are not necessarily people who I would hang with or gravitate towards in real life, and the people who I'm not fans of are sometimes people who I would probably prefer if it was me dealing with them. I would probably get along with Jennifer. She seems reliable, competent, and helpful - the type of friend who you feel comfortable planning a long girls trip with because you know she's going to help plan and not going to flake out at the last minute, leaving everyone else with a higher hotel bill (can you tell that I've dealt with that once or twice before lol). I just don't find her interesting to watch on tv. 

• Love 3
On 7/19/2018 at 6:41 PM, GBPackersfan said:

I get that vibe on Gina.  I didn't care for her last season.  To me, she gave off that vibe that she was the best thing to happen to the DCC.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I get that vibe on Gina.  I didn't care for her last season.  To me, she gave off that vibe that she was the best thing to happen to the DCC.

i got that vibe too and heard about as much.  But I'm SO curious to know if she really made a turnaround this past year because she seems like a locker room favorite anymore.  All the girls seem to like her and I hope it's because she's trying to change and not because they are scared of her LOL 

• Love 9

hey all, so I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Small Talk, but if anyone here is in (or traveling through!) Chicago, and wants to come out to a watch party, PM me and let me know. Super excited about the new season, and if you're down to check it out together, would love to meet some fellow DCC fanatics ?

• Love 3
(edited)

I know that this may be a bit off topic, but I don't think it fits any of the others.

I know that in the past several years Kelli and Judy have picked a total of 36 ladies for the final squad.  I agree with this number as a well rounded group and it displays very well on the field during the pre-game show as well as divided into four sideline squads of nine ladies.  However, this last year may have been a special case with all of the losses during the season, but I saw a video of the entire squad in November and there were only 24 ladies.  They still did the pregame show but it just didn't have the presentation punch of a full team.

I was wondering if Kelli, Judy and Charlotte have considered expanding the squad to 40 or 42 ladies with the extras being on standby just in case. 

Edited by GreyLensman
  • Love 1