Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Pizza Boards & Industrial Doors

Legacy designer Laurie Smith joins newcomer Sabrina Soto in the suburbs of Baltimore, as two sets of young parents renovate a room in each other's home; one designer's ambitious plans may cause some super-sized concerns.

(edited)

Well, the homeowner's reaction to Laurie's room was awkward, to say the least. I do agree with Nicole (red team homeowner) that the buildable that Joanie made seemed to dwarf the room.

Laurie's lamentation that she was so old upon learning that the female neighbor she was working with watched Trading Spaces with her roommates in college made me laugh. I'd imagine a lot of the designers and even the carpenters had feelings just like that on these first few episodes.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just got home a little bit ago and only caught the last fifteen minutes, so all I can really say is that I loved that dining room. Simple and pretty and I really like the wall color and the white table. (I'm kind of a sucker for blue and white.)

I thought the living room was nice, though not really my taste. The sliding door units were a little overwhelming. (I did really like the curtains, though. They were pretty.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 8
(edited)

Hmm, so if you hold up a thin wood board by it's long narrow handle and smack it with a hammer, it will break. Who knew? I'll make a note.

Actually that dining room was lovely. She did a great job. And I hope they were kidding that the HO didn't want the paint changed. That would be too silly.

Laurie's.... well. Hm. It looked like a Laurie room, for sure. And like the guy said, it's a great design. But I can see how it doesn't suit the homeowners. I didn't see how old their kids are, but if they're small I can see pinched fingers in those sliding doors. If Laurie had made that big (BIG) surround a storage unit and cut down on the amount of stuff in the room, it could be okay. And remove the doors - especially the mirrored ones. I hate big mirrors and omg the amount of cleaning they would take!

Bastet - I thought the same thing - where are the kids going to play? Somewhere else! 

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 6

I thought both rooms were beautiful, but the couple who got Laurie's living room really hated it, didn't they?  I'm not personally a fan of the sliding door idea for that room, but the colors and fabrics were just so pretty.  And honestly, that ugly olive green that was on the walls before, paired with bulky, oversized black leather couches??  The homeowners clearly had style issues.

The sliding doors would have gone great in Sabrina's room, to block the view from that lovely dining room into the playroom next to it.  Maybe when the blue couple inevitably tear them out of the living room, they can pass them on to the red couple.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I hate big mirrors and omg the amount of cleaning they would take!

Yeah, I don't want to see myself all the time.

Imagine the little fingerprints on the lower part of that mirror if their kids are really young.

• Love 5

I loved Sabrina’s dining room, very elegant but not stuffy. I liked the fabrics and colors in Laurie’s room but the built ins were too bulky for my taste. And I don’t want to have to rearrange the furniture and slide the doors ever time I watch TV-I also think maybe they watch movies together as a family and it doesn’t look like kids belong there. 

• Love 10

Loved the dining room! The living room was definitely neither what the homeowners wanted nor practical design/use of space for a family with two young children, but it was a nice looking room.

• Love 12

Laurie's room was about what I expected for a Laurie episode. I can not remember too many of her rooms I liked on the original show. Sabrina Soto lived up to my expectations for her. The room was really lovely.  Only watched the reveals after show was over so I don't know what was requested or  what the

discussion was but in all fairness to Laurie I do not remember her ever being  someone who just totally wanted to disregard the homeowners wishes

• Love 5

I don't think Laurie would have gone with her enormous built-in if the homeowner hadn't been so wedded to her janky buffet that she repainted. Because Laurie had to use it, she ended up building around it. I'm sure Laurie would have ended up building a slightly larger entertainment center and storage unit to keep all of the toys if she had been allowed to.

• Love 19

The wine rack thing seemed like a throw away "let's give the carpenter something to do" project. 

Yes, who knew thin wood break if you beat it with a hammer.

I will say that old dresser or whatever looked better hidden away.

And Paige's random blue door/red door observations made me laugh.

• Love 19

I loved Laurie's room.  But honestly I was thinking of how many hand prints will be on that mirror from the kids.  Other than that I was surprised that the homeowner didn't like it.  Maybe it was just the shock of how different it was and it will grow on her.

• Love 10

I liked Laurie's fabrics and new furniture  but that huge unit was a mistake.  Had there been storage in it that might have made sense but it was empty and only existed to old the sliding doors. Puzzling.  Putting the 2 small chairs in front of it made no sense either.  I guess she bought too much furniture.   I loved Paige running over to move the chairs saying, you can put these somewhere else!  A desperate gesture upon seeing the HO start to cry! 

Loved the dining room except for the wine rack. Her extra money should have gone toward a sliding barn door to cover the playroom. 

Good epidode. 

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

That cracked me up too. She was so busy pondering it that she almost forgot about the reveal.

10 minutes ago, Wings said:

I liked Laurie's fabrics and new furniture  but that huge unit was a mistake.  Had there been storage in it that might have made sense but it was empty and only existed to old the sliding doors.

There actually was storage on the sides of the unit. It had shelves that allowed you to tuck stuff in between the front of the unit and the back. So it's not like it was enormous and completely useless.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

That cracked me up too. She was so busy pondering it that she almost forgot about the reveal.

There actually was storage on the sides of the unit. It had shelves that allowed you to tuck stuff in between the front of the unit and the back. So it's not like it was enormous and completely useless.

I missed that.  Good! Thank you.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Wings said:

I liked Laurie's fabrics and new furniture  but that huge unit was a mistake.  Had there been storage in it that might have made sense but it was empty and only existed to old the sliding doors.

There was storage on the left side, at least.  I can't remember if the right was flush with the wall; if not, I'm sure there was matching storage (the shelves are accessible from the side - the width of that side of the "upside down U" if you're looking at it straight on, is the depth of the storage with shelves if you're looking at it from the side, so if the right side was up against the perpendicular wall, there wouldn't be any).

I like the way the two doors looked when they came together, and that they also looked nice when slid open to reveal the TV and that unit the homeowner just had to keep.  I rarely like barn doors, but they worked well in that application.  I didn't like the barn door as a divider between the two rooms, but with the time and budget I'm not sure what else she could have done but leave it open like Sabrina did - which meant the dining room had a view of all the kid clutter in the next room.  The mirror was a good idea in that it reflected the window, but that was already the wide part of the room so it didn't need it, and it was really big.

Me too, especially once she caught herself and imitated the homeowners saying something like, "Shut up, Paige, and let us see our room!"

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 15
(edited)

Well, I'm dense. It took until the Paige Cam reveal for me to realize the HO hated the new room. My husband even asked if they liked it because he couldn't tell and I thought the tears were tears of joy. Evidently not. I thought it was a beautiful room if not a bit too formal. Two sets of barn doors in such a small space seemed a bit much and I hated the hardware. Our front door opens to the living room and is more casual in nature but even with three kids I manage to keep it toy free. I keep a small decorative box in the corner for stray toys or things to occupy my two year old when she's on my heels all day :)

I liked the dining room but missed a lot of those scenes for some reason. It seems like Balsamic and olive oil could be pricey for a large staining product but the result was nice.  I know a couple that stained their wooden bar with red wine. The wood was natural and a red wine spill led them to decide to stain the whole thing with beautiful results! 

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 10
(edited)

I realize blue couple were tired but their comments about too formal was kind of crazy.  Hey, maybe they would be happy with a Frank room. 's

I thought both rooms were really nice. I could have done with out Laurie's builds but given the challenge of dealing with old TV cabinet  and no painting  it was not a bad option. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Love 8

When I first saw Laurie was the designer, I immediately thought, "Well, here comes another yellow/gold room!" And then she made that comment about how she didn't think she'd done that many!

Blue homeowner lady was probably most upset about the amount of work it would take to undo what Laurie did. It wasn't a matter of just repainting or moving some furniture out.

• Love 3

The blue team had very young children, didn't they? So why cover glass in a coffee table so that the glass is disguised, hidden? Maybe the sharkini fabric had some cushioning? Laurie does have children, doesn't she? I seem to remember her being pregnant or something in the original show, so she's had young children around, unlike Hildi who seems to think children are decorative. But children/glass table tops have never seemed like a good mix to me.

• Love 10
(edited)
14 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

The blue team had very young children, didn't they? So why cover glass in a coffee table so that the glass is disguised, hidden? Maybe the sharkini fabric had some cushioning? Laurie does have children, doesn't she? I seem to remember her being pregnant or something in the original show, so she's had young children around, unlike Hildi who seems to think children are decorative. But children/glass table tops have never seemed like a good mix to me.

Hah. Hildi looked entirely befuddled and confused when the neighbors working with her on the hay-on-the-wall room worried that it wouldn't be good for toddlers. No, Hildi, you can't simply tell a two year old not to eat the hay and hope for the best :)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8

I felt so bad for the blue team. They clearly wanted  a space that was kid friendly (okay to run and jump around) and that was just not it. The behemoth with minimal storage on the sides wasn’t even the worst part. The set of sliding doors with the mirrored glass coming almost to the ground is an emergency room visit waiting to happen. Combine that with the two floor lamps a young child will surely trip over, (still) oversized furniture, and unnecessary chairs in front of the tv, it lacked a level of concern for the homeowners I expect from Hildi. It was well executed for what Laurie was going for, but not everyone is looking for “New York chic” or whatever Laurie called those barn doors and as someone who isn’t appalled at the sight of toys as some of the other people commenting on here, I understand where they are coming from. It’s a lovely room, but it’s just not right for them.

The red team’s dining room came out really well. I’m almost sick of grey walls at this point, but they looked really good. The family name art project thing came out nicely. The pizza paddles on the wall were eh, and the wine bottle holder seemed like it also could be an issue with young kids around, but that was the clear winning room.

• Love 10

The thing with the blue teams reaction was that it would take like 2-3 hours tops to remove the behemoth thing amd remove the sliding doors from the kitchen. The wall was painted behind the wall unit so it would be a few touch ups and keeping the hardware for the sliding panels across the kitchen might be a good idea just scale down the doors.

• Love 4

I have to say that I really liked both rooms.  I thought Sabrina did a very nice job with the dining room - transforming it back to its intended purpose.  I liked the colors and patterns in the living room too.  As for the unit, Laurie did it to respect the HO's wishers about the "console"(?) that she had painted/repurposed. It also contained storage to put kids' toys in or whatever they want.   I think that if she could have ignored the HO's wish, something else could have been done.  The one thing I didn't like was the mirrored doors.

Regarding little kids in that a bit more formal/adult living room:  Growing up our living room was kind of formal for a house with four kids.  My mom had a beautiful table with glass tops on either side (in fact, I still have it in my living room!) plus a beautiful crystal lamp next to the couch and we never had a problem being in there (children aged from 2 to 8 years old).  We still played in there and even would have friends over BUT we were taught to just be a bit more careful (even the youngest somehow learned/knew how to play or behave there).  I still remember sitting on that sofa with my mom folding laundry!  So a "formal" living room is as formal as you want to make it.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

It's a miracle any of the four of you survived to adulthood, never mind all of you.

Bastet, that made me laugh!!

I guess I find it funny or maybe puzzling that the answer to "Why we can't have nice things" is to blame it on the children.  As I said we had to know what was allowed and what wasn't.  Did we get banged up occasionally?  YES.  But we never did whatever it was, again.  And I think we all turned out pretty well - except for the occasional twitch (kidding!)

Our children are being taught the same way.  Respect what is in your house because we work to pay for everything.  Take care of everything because you never know if you'll be able to afford it again!

40 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I don't understand when the homeowners get a perfectly nice room they can rearrange to their liking after filming, but act like the show has dumped a heaping pile of dung in the middle of their house. Face it, if "your style" was all that great before the show, you wouldn't have signed up for Trading Spaces. That room wasn't formal, it was clean, which maybe they mistook for formal. Move a couple of chairs out, shift the table slightly and...wow. Floor space for all their kids' junk. A little room rearrangement won't kill them and the cabinet beautifully covered the grotesque "upcycled" horror that homeowner insisted on keeping.

I was surprised by their reaction too!  It looked nice to my eyes.  At first, I thought that they liked it but when neither one could say anything - well, that was my first clue that they were not happy with it.  Their original living room looked so sparse and too relaxed.  The HO was so proud that she painted an "accent" wall and repurposed something! Plus Laurie respected the HO's need for that repurposed piece of furniture.  As you said Zanne, move things around, live in it for a while.  It's not as if Laurie glued HAY on the walls or a wild pattern on every wall or put sand in the middle of the living room!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

I'd also ditch the leopard print chairs because they made the room feel overstuffed to me.

Those really were excessive in a room that size; that was the type of thing where, when having more people than typical over and using the living room for conversation rather than TV watching, one would drag some small chairs in from elsewhere in the house and have them work okay for that evening in front of the closed unit because of their height and scale, but to have them out as a starting point was ridiculous.

• Love 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

I went back to look at Laurie's room again, and I honestly still can't see why they disliked it as much as they did.  I would have removed the sliding mirror over the pass through, and I'm still not a huge fan of the TV enclosure thing.  I'd also ditch the leopard print chairs because they made the room feel overstuffed to me.  But the wall color was gorgeous (loved that it was a greenish grey) and I want that drapery fabric in my home.  It was a pretty room!

The leopard chairs would be the first thing to go, and I would've tossed about half the throw pillows. For some reason, people automatically equate too many throw pillows with formal, and that's an easy fix. I thought the wall cabinet was too white and might've added some color to it on the decorative bits, but that's just me because I'm not a big fan of all white furniture. Heck, they could've hung/attached a framed picture to the barn doors in a way where it would slide with the door when opened to add some color to the white cabinet. I've seen people hang framed paintings off bookshelves and it looked great so it could work here if they really hate it. It was useful for storage on the sides and hiding the TV from the kids. I work in a middle school so I hear how much TV these kids are watching. The closed cabinet could be a signal to the kids that it's not TV time, and to find something else to do. If the HOs wanted to spend a little time making the room more kid friendly, cut some wood to fit the glass slots in the table, fabric one side and put chalkboard paint on the other so when the parents flip the boards, the kids can draw on it with chalk. Easy to clean if it gets on the table and able to be adult when they need to hide the kid crap. There are so many ways to adapt what was a pretty good room to fit their needs. The furniture looked comfortable enough, the room was pretty (and there was no hay, sand, or silk flowers, as mentioned above!) so I really did not get the tears. If there's one thing I've learned, kids will find a place to play no matter where they are or what they are supposed to be doing. Unless Laurie sprinkled shattered glass and rusty nails all over the living room floor, their precious children will be fine.      

Edited by Zanne
  • Love 10

The throw pillows would be great for kids to lounge on the floor with, so I'd keep them...but maybe pile them in a basket over in a corner?  I agree, there were so many small changes you could make to that room to make it work for a couple with small children...the problem was, this couple was pretty inflexible and set on their own, hideous style.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I fail to see where the storage is in that huge unit. Why didn't Paige point that out?  Toy storage is huge for them.

They wanted to love their room as much as they knew their neighbors would love their dining room. They hated not loving it is what I saw.  No damage was done.

The 2 corner pieces posing as chairs were to big. Small chairs were for a dining room.  I can't imagine sitting on them to watch TV or socialize. 

It was way too crowded but I did not see it as formal. 

The unit was moved out the next day, for sure and probably the furniture too.  So they ended up with a barn door, new paint job and nice curtains with and an Overstock bench.  Could have been far worse. 

ETA. I see where the storage is now, on second look.  Shelves at either end of unit. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

I was baffled by the living room people’s reaction too.  It was a Laurie room, so not everything was my style, but it was a boat- load better than the homeowner’s “look at what we found at a yard sale!” jumbled non style.  Their old furniture was fugly, mismatched and wasn’t even well placed in that room. The baby poop olive green paint the woman was so in love with should have been a clue this lady had no sense of design.  And if play space for her kids was the impetus for them signing up for this show, they should have included it in their dossier.  I haven’t been on this show, but I am certain TLC asks which room do you want done and why?  What’s the main function of this room for you?  Not that every designer adheres to the owners wishes 100% (HILDI or DOUG)...

• Love 12

What I have learned is a homeowner loves a piece (brick fireplace, painted buffet with TV on it) then don't hide it.  HOs will not be happy. :P  In all seriousness, for this room, I don't think the only solution to not 'ruining' the buffet/tv stand was to hide it behind a big build, it could have been out in the open, but minimized in the design somehow.  And yes, I saw the little shelves on the side, but I also thought there'd be shelves in the front that would be exposed when the doors were closed and hidden when the doors were open.  That said, I like a lot of the room.

• Love 7

I forgot about TS being on tonight so only caught the last 15 minutes or so.  I didn't see the "before" rooms but really liked both rooms in the reveal.  I remarked to Mr. Kemper that when first turning it on that I thought these were two of the best rooms I have seen on the show.  I didn't know anything about the families, kids, etc.  And it is much easier to redo a dining room than it is to do a living room...isn't it?  I mean, you have a table, chairs, maybe a hutch and then accessories (wall art, etc).  I loved the pizza things on the wall but thought they would be better on a kitchen wall.  

I thought Laurie's room was a little overdone (those extra chairs that could be moved) but saw no reason for the homeowner histrionics.  I didn't know about the "must" keep homeowner's storage unit.  And I am not that fond of mirrored doors.  But I thought the room looked really nice - especially when I saw what it looked like before.  I also thought the idea of putting a tv behind sliding barn doors was brilliant; but admit to that it (the doors, etc) were big.  And mirrors just cry out for fingerprints.  Of course, you could teach kids not to put their hands everywhere but that is maybe unrealistic.

It was distracting in the dining room redo to look through two (was it two?) different doors and see tons of toys everywhere.  Good grief, people,  don't they make toy chests anymore?  And can't kids learn to put their toys away when not in active use?  I think both homes featured toys showing.  I know kids play with their toys and have them out a lot (mind did!).  But how about having the toys put away when they are not being "played" with?  Are there no toys in the kid's rooms?  I think someone upthread mentioned a basket.  Yes!  There all sorts of baskets and storage ideas for toys, throws and such - why don't these people seem to use them?  

I can only think that the living room couple wasmaybe exhausted.  The brief glimpse I had of the "before" living room was that it wasn't very welcoming or attractive.  We've all been there - still are in ways.  Thrown things together, hoping for the best.  If I was "presented" Laurie's room, I would have jumped for joy.  Mentally I may have been moving those two chairs and figuring out a way to get rid of the mirrored doors.  But tears?  Tragedy?  Get over it.  That was a couple I wold have loved to have drawn Hildy as the designer.  

• Love 12
(edited)

The unit was a bit large for my taste and these days you don’t really hide the tv anymore.  If the home owner loved that cabinet (which was okay but nothing special), I would just leave it out if the room and make something else not a huge unit to hide it.

The tv unit had storage on the sides but I think that was just the first set of boxes on each side, the boxes in the middle just seemed to be wood. It reminded me a bit of the brown hating homeowner where Laurie made that shelving that a couple of the spots were just solid boxes which was a waste of space.

I think blocking off a common room with a barn door is weird.  People don’t really live like that these days, I personally would take that down.  I find on TS they want to hide the rest of the house that is why I liked Ty’s room a lot because it flowed well into the kitchen you could see.

I really liked the dining room.  White furniture isn’t my thing and I don’t like that style of chair but it was what the HOs had and what they like.  The room came together well and seemed balanced.

ETA When my daughter was young we sectioned off a side of the Livingroom and made it a playroom.  These days you have things like a big plastic kitchen, etc.  It really wasn’t convenient to keep all the toys in her room or have a 2 year old play alone in her room.  We just lived with it and then got rid of it out of that stage.  Now in the basement rec room is where the Barbie house, etc. is stored as my daughter is 9 and can play downstairs with friends.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 2

I have no problem with the HOs reaction. They didn't throw a fit and they weren't rude, they were just very disappointed. People like what they like, and if they didn't like it that's fine. I don't think just because "it could be worse" they should automatically be happy with what they got. Maybe after the tv lights were turned off and they had a chance to "settle" they did like it better, but I know I would hate that giant, mostly useless, surround around the tv. Those little shelves didn't justify the size for me. I'd live with it for awhile, just because it would be heavy and hard to take down, but it would eventually be gone. The mirrors, however, would be gone before the TS trucks pulled out!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, SHD said:

Blue homeowner lady was probably most upset about the amount of work it would take to undo what Laurie did. It wasn't a matter of just repainting or moving some furniture out.

That's my guess. It's not going to be easy to undo. Not only do they have to move that huge unit out, and find somewhere to send it, not like something that big can really just be left on the curb, but also all that hardware that was mounted all around the room (at least the two walls had it all along the top there.) that's going to take a lot of work to undo, and when it's undone, what really did they get? A new couch and drapes I guess. 

I will chalk up some of her reaction to being over tired. I think she may have had some idea they would get a room as beautiful as the one they had just given their neighbors (seriously, Sabrina's room is another one of the best I've seen on this show. I guess getting new and/or guest designers was a good idea) and she just couldn't hide her disappointment at losing half her room to some huge white wall. It was a beautiful huge white wall, I liked the design of it, but it was kind of impractical. Yes, there were shelves on the sides, but IDK it still seemed really impractical to me. I doubt the homeowners would ever close it. They probably spend most of their time in that room watching TV so it's kind of silly to hide the tv. 

Anyway, another amazing room. I loved the dining room and the only thing I would change is the pizza paddles on the wall which I always find silly, unless they are the paddles from the first pizza place you opened that started your pizza empire and had actual meaning other than "I'm Italian!" And the wine rack, but I don't drink wine so that just isn't useful to me. 

Laurie's room was okay. It just didn't wow me or anything. It was just...nice. I really can't remember anything other than those doors though, can't remember what the couch looked like beyond some kind of neutral color, or the curtains, but they had a print of some kind. So other than the doors IDK if I would or wouldn't change anything. 

• Love 3

I thought both rooms came out nice.  Sabrina is like Vern - clean, tasteful, etc.  She has always done beautiful work.  I'm not a Laurie fan, but this room was one of her best ones.  Yes, the mirrored sliding doors were too much.  As someone posted above, hopefully, since the HO didn't like it, they will give those doors to the red team so their playroom can be closed off.  I didn't see the beginning so I didn't realize Laurie HAD to incorporate that specific table/buffet/whatever piece of furniture in the room.  I thought the built in around it was a good idea. I thought the color palette was nice and if those chairs in front of the unit and the 2 floor lamps were removed as well, I think it would be a lovely room to walk into from the front door.  If the homeowners wanted a playroom, they should have asked for a playroom.  I'm sure their kids could play in another room.  The husband was so vague about liking/not liking the room.  I felt like he was waiting for his wife's reaction before he could agree with her.  I don't think he could tell if her tears were of joy or sadness so he kept saying "Where am I?" 

• Love 3

I thought the new designer did a really nice job with the dining room.  Laurie's was surprising, because on the old show I think she had one of the highest approval ratings.  People disliked what she did rarely if ever.  Her living room was very nice.  The two chairs in front of the wall unit I guess were there for show but would need to be moved to the side since they would block the tv.  But the room was very elegant.  I could see where the wall unit might be considered too overwhelming for the room. I would have made it narrower, just large enough to house the tv entertainment center and then something decorative on each side of it.

I liked both rooms.

I don't expect all HOs to like a designers design. The difference between Laurie and Hildi to me is that Laurie actually tries to take the HOs' opinions into consideration but Hildi doesn't.

With that said,  these HOs (Laurie's) annoyed me a bit because the looks on their faces appeared to be that they couldn't fathom why anyone would like the room. It was odd to me. 

• Love 9

Sabrina Soto can design for me anytime.  Her dining room was beautiful!

Laurie's room was actually very pretty, just a bit overly-cluttered, so I also don't get the HOs reactions to it.   I would have used those lovely barn doors where she used the mirrored doors (no need for two sets of barn doors in one room) and kept them open to serve more as wall art than functional doors.  Or I would have wall-mounted the TV and built a smaller (not as deep) surround unit with the barn doors to cover the TV and provide some storage, and moved the buffet elsewhere in the room.  Just because it was currently being used as a TV stand doesn't mean it still had to be used as a TV stand.  Laurie's color and fabric choices, though, were fantastic.    

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

just got home a little bit ago and only caught the last fifteen minutes, so all I can really say is that I loved that dining room. Simple and pretty and I really like the wall color and the white table. (I'm kind of a sucker for blue and white.)

I loved the wall color so much that I recorded the episode on the replay to catch the name.  The designer said it was "polished silver" and I looked it up and that is by Valspar.  Unfortunately, when I looked at it on the computer it comes across as a flat gray.  Like you, I was getting a bluish/green/gray vibe from it, and I would like that for my living room.  It was beautiful on my television screen. 

And I just didn't like the HO with the new living room, at least post-reveal.  It is too bad they didn't get Genevieve.  Apparently they wanted a play room and NOT A LIVING ROOM.  WHICH THAT WAS.  I couldn't tell if the man was afraid to like it.  It seemed like he was waiting for the wife's reaction.  I feel sorry for the red team couple.  They're going to catch a lot of grief from their friends. 

• Love 3

They're called peels!  Not pizza boards!  Sheesh!

Let's ditch Sabrina's carpenter.

The living room was fine, other than the two useless side chairs that Laurie parked in front of the armoire/containment vessel.

• Love 3